2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators

Shop on Build.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.55/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

LG Refrigerators Shop on Build.com

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: May 4, 2020

I bought my kitchen appliances less than 3 years ago, all LG brand, brand new from Home Depot. My dishwasher has given us some issues over the last year and come to find out the electronics are not covered under the 10 year warranty that is plastered on front of the appliance. No big deal, my husband was able to fix it. However, our refrigerator is a different story. It stopped cooling. We called LG. We waited a week for a repairman who was not qualified to fix refrigerators. He stated, "I don't fix refrigerators. I work on washers and dryers." But with the help of the tech support he was able to determine it was the compressor. I was instructed to call LG with a case number and they would send out a qualified person to fix the problem. This was on a Friday. I called back late Monday afternoon to check on the progress and told they still haven't found anyone to fix the issue.

I was denied the privilege to speak with upper management and sent into the queue so long that it kicked me out. I called back 2 more times with the same result. I called back a 4th time and spoke with a different rep. He continues to tell me more of the same stuff. Not one rep was able to give me a time frame that I would have to wait for a service repair man because the truth is they don't have one in my area. He was unable to give me a number to upper management or connect me with someone higher up. He said when they send customers into the queue to be sent to the next level they keep being kicked back to them. So in other words LG does not back their products nor care about their customers

They believe it is acceptable for a product to last less than 3 years and a customer to be without a refrigerator for 2 weeks with no recourse. May I add this is during the quarantine, so I had more food in the fridge than normal and yes I lost a lot of food. But no worries for LG. They are not worried about the customer. Do NOT buy LG products. I have NEVER been so upset or dissatisfied with a product before. I am 44 years old and this is the first BAD product review I have written on any product.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Jennifer. We hate that you are experiencing this issue. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 4, 2020

Our refrigerator freezer completely died on Saturday, April 25, 2020. I contacted LG on Monday, April 27 and reported the problem. They had me go through the Smart diagnosis function, as well as the reset function and neither worked. They confirmed that there was a full warranty on both parts and labor, however they did not have a certified technician in my area (even though we live close to the Phoenix metropolitan area) so they would be unable to provide one. They indicated we could try to find one ourselves. We did find one that would service our refrigerator and asked the customer service to provide an “LOA” ( Letter of Authorization) which they indicated they would issue. After finding out from the service people that they did not receive the LOA, we contacted LG again and they indicated that they sent it. When we asked them Email it again while we were waiting on the phone, they indicated that they did. Again the service company said they never received it. We asked LG to send us a copy of the order and they said they would not do so. We finally got them to set up a service call for Wednesday, May 6. We ask them for the name of the service company, and still have yet to receive a response. Since that means almost 10 days with no refrigerator, we are extremely frustrated with LG.

Original review: May 3, 2020

I have had my LG refrigerator for a little over 5 years now. On Thursday my compressor went out for the second time. I called customer service and they stated it is under warranty, however they were also going to make an exception because the labor was not covered. Their next available appointment was 5/7/20. I get a call back a few hours later and I am told the next available appointment is actually until 5/18/20. It is currently 90 degrees where I live and since I am at risk have limited my grocery shopping to every 2-3 weeks. Lucky for me I had just gone grocery shopping. I ask LG, "Will you pay for a rental fridge?" (given it's a known problem)….Nope. How about the roughly $200 in groceries I had just purchased....nope. How about sending anyone out sooner...."We will call in 24-48 hours."

Get a call and now I am being told my new appointment date is 5/19/20. Call back since it is ridiculous to wait 3 weeks to get a known problem fixed. Ask about reimbursement for me purchasing a new fridge….nope. Ask if I can get my grocery reimbursement if I buy a new fridge....nope. Then I am told I can call around to find someone and get all their information etc. and they MAY be able to authorize this company to fix my compressor. All I can say is WOW, really hoped my experience would have been not like I read in other reviews but I guess not. Here is to a waste of a fridge and a horrible customer service experience.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Alyse. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 3, 2020

Please when purchasing a LG product make sure you look at the warranty. I have owned 2 LG products. First was a dishwasher the second is a refrigerator. Both of these products had issues that should be covered under LG warranty and LG has fought me on both warranty claims. The first was the dishwasher. When I called in for a warranty claim I was told LG could not warranty it as I did not have the original purchase receipt. Even though the Model and Serial Number on my dishwasher noted it was under warranty they would not honor their warranty. At that time I did not realize I could have fought it so I purchased a new dishwasher (that was not LG).

Now in 2020 my fridge stopped working. It is the compressor. My fridge is still under warranty and the compressor should be mailed to my home. LG is making me jump through hoops to get the compressor mailed so my fridge can be fixed. LG will not send me the product without talking to my technician. In saying that I have supplied LG with my technician’s contact information and LG has told me that they have reached out to my technician to authorize the part. My technician as received NO authorization request. When I reached out to LG to note my technician had not received and email I was then told it would take 3-5 business days to contact him.

I feel that LG has no right to 'authorize' my technician in order to send me the part. Today there are so many clever people that can fix their own appliances. If I was a handy person and was able to fix my own LG fridge, LG would not send the part directly to me as I am not a technician. I think this is very unethical. The fridge's compressor does not work it is under warranty, LG should mail the part without question.

So at this point I am going on 15 days without refrigerator. LG will not send me the part even though I own the fridge and it is under warranty. They have supposedly "contacted my technician" but at this point he has not been contacted. I just wanted to let everyone know what I am going through so that when you purchase any major appliance consider purchasing one that has a better track record at honoring their warranty. If you do purchase an LG appliance at least now you are well aware that they will make you jump through hoops and likely not going to honor the warranty on that appliance. It would be better to find a company that is willing to honor their warranty even if it costs more.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Charlotte. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: May 2, 2020

Freezer and Fridge section stopped maintaining temperature. Called to get a smart diagnostic but after describing the symptoms, skipped the diagnostic and went straight to need a technician. Thursday morning phone call results is an appointment for Wednesday. I understand that the times are challenging but a week seems a little extreme for a service appointment. The $3000.00 refrigerator was purchased on 4/15/18. The good news it is under warranty and may only have to pay for labor.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Gregory. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 1, 2020

I bought an LG French door refrigerator 3 years ago and I wish I would have seen these reviews back then. Please DO NOT purchase an LG refrigerator! Listen to the people who wrote the bad reviews and do your homework. We all have the same reoccurring problem. The compressors fail by the most 3 years. Mine failed after 3 years and then again after 2 months. Twice in two months I lost my food. The first time in January of 2020 and then again in April 2020. They compensated me the first time for food loss but the second time they denied me because they said 12 months have to go by before they can compensate me again. Whoever thought this would happen again within 2 months.

This time I lost more food cause I made sure I had enough food to last me for 3 weeks since we are in quarantine. It is very stressful during these times to try to stay safe while shopping. I had to wait one week for a repair man to come and worry about us staying safe and distant when he was repairing. I lost all my food and had to purchase a limit amount of food to fit in my cooler with ice. This imposed a tremendous inconvenience since I had to shop at least three times that week. I called customer service and all they could say was "sorry about that ma'am". Are they really sorry? This was not my fault but a product failure and they should be responsible to accommodate their customers with their needs. I paid $4,000 for this fridge and I did not expect this to happen so soon. This must happen quite often so they implemented a rule about compensating after twelve months. Be careful. "Life is not all Good with LG".

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Antonina. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 1, 2020

Bought an expensive LG French Door refrigerator back in 2018. In March 2020, it started making a loud grinding fan noise. We called out a technician, who apparently ordered the wrong part. A week later, a different technician came and installed it, apparently not noticing that it was the wrong part. Immediately after he left, we started getting an error code. The only way to get the fridge to still cool is to constantly throw the breaker every hour or so...and today we found out that the new replacement part is on back order and won't come for almost two months. I'm mystified why LG's parts are so easy to confuse...before we called the technician, the fridge was at least working. Now it's pretty dodgy. Something this expensive shouldn't break within 2 years of purchase...

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Kevin. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 30, 2020

In Oct 2017 we bought an expensive LG refrigerator. It's well designed. Had no issues with the compressors, but the shelves are falling in pieces. Is it normal that after less than 3 years of usage of an LG fridge we see it breaking like this? They used a poor quality hooks.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I have an LG model LMXC23746D. Not only is the black peeling (happens on the whole suite) but the refrigerator stopped cooling. Noticed water on the door where the icemaker resides. Checked the freezer and food was thawing. Fridge wasn't cold either. LG took my info, scheduled an appointment for repair and it was fixed on March 4th. Here we are not even two months in, and it's broken again. Same symptoms. LG set an appointment 2 weeks from now to send someone out. I have food that was spoiled, and now have to live out of a cooler until they arrive to "fix it" again. So are the replacement parts as bad as the original? Not only do the Black Stainless appliances peel and look horrid, but the appliance doesn't function. How many times will I have to go through this? I'll have to spend another $1-3 thousand for a replacement. Not happy.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Richard. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 28, 2020

We bought a new LG refrigerator in November 2019. April 24th the ice maker stopped working and the refrigerator was making a loud grinding noise all the time. We had also bought a five year warranty plan - don't do this! We called to let them know and ask for a repair technician, and were told to watch a tutorial. This was not helpful. We called back and asked again for a technician. We were given a reference number. I finally called again on 4/28 and were told it would take five business days for someone to contact us back to let us know if they found someone in our area who could fix the fridge. That means we are now looking at a week! We told them we really needed to have someone come sooner and not let us know if they found someone a week later. They hung up on us.

We called back and asked to speak to a supervisor (Julian) - who also hung up on us. We also could not understand them clearly. They had us on speaker and a heavy accent. We called a fourth time that day and finally got someone who looked again and there was no one in our area who could fix the fridge. Lowe's - where we bought it from was NO help. They just send you to the LG's customer service line. I will NEVER buy another LG product again because they don't have technician's to fix their products and their customer service people are very rude and not helpful. I am so upset we have a six month old refrigerator and have problems already.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Victoria. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: April 29, 2020

My review was based on information from the repairman and the LG Company website both which were inaccurate. The repair company did some research and found that LG was actually warrantying the compressor if I could provided a proof of purchase document, which I did. I apologized to LG for the bad review and have updated my review to a four star rating. If LG had updated the warranty info on their website it would have prevented my response in the first place and could have resulted in a five star review. Thank you for doing what you do.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Three years ago I purchased an expensive LG refrigerator based on the company reputation and quality of their product. Yesterday the refrigerator quit, repairman said it was the compressor and that he has replaced over one hundred LG compressors in the last year. Price tag for repair is $1000.00 (only a one year warranty, no surprise) He recommended that I buy a different refrigerator. What really frosts me (no pun intended) is that LG knows this is a problem and they won't take responsibility for it. I recently remodeled my kitchen and bought all new LG appliances. Now I am worried that they are also POS's. Would not buy another LG product and cannot recommend that anyone else does either.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Keith. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 27, 2020

We have a 25 cubic foot stainless steel side by side refrigerator, 3 1/2 years old. On the 8th we noticed the freezer wasn't freezing (thought we had left the door open), but on the 9th we noticed water on the floor from the ice melting, called Sears where we purchased it and got the name of 2 service techs. The next day he came out and said the compressor had gone out (he mentioned that LG is known for this, and GOOD LUCK with service from them), he gave us a quote to fix it, said for what it would cost it would be better to get a new one. The next day we went to Sears to look for a new one, found out through them that the refrigerator was 100% warranty from LG on parts and labor, so we went home and called LG the next day. By this time we have lost hundreds of dollars in meat and other items out of the fridge and freezer.

After contacting LG and talking with an agent, and letting them know we had a compressor go out (let me tell you, every time I talk with a new one, and every time the language barrier makes the communication hard), anyway they said they would get a service call right out. That was on Monday the 13th, I did not hear from them so I called back, and again no service scheduled, the agent said they would expedite and get a service request. On Thursday the 15th, I got an email that we would have a service call on Friday. Friday morning I called A&E service to verify the service and time, they had NO record of a service call. So I called LG and they told me to call A &E myself to schedule, so I did, well A & E says they cant set it up because it's under warranty and I have to go through LG, so I call LG back again. I was on the phone for 51 minutes (mostly on hold) with a Michael, results, they will expedite, give them 2-3 business days.

On 4-21 called LG to see where we were, was told that A & E has scheduling issues, give them 2-3 business days. Called LG on 4-24, same thing, give them 2-3 days, but this time they offered to pay up to $200.00 for a refrigerator rental. I declined, one, doubt this would pay for a rental for as long as this is taking, and two, we lost everything when it went, so basically living on the basics to get by, NEVER thought it would take this long. I asked for corporate phone number, but forgot this was suppose to be a manager I was talking with, so I was given a phone number and it was the 1st number I ever called for the service, this person hung up on me.

Called the "corporate" number back 256-612-5359. Talked with Rads, while on the phone with me he called A& E and told me that A & E accepted a work order for the repair, but have no record of it, so HE IS GOING TO EXPEDITE THIS TO CORPORATE OFFICE,, GIVE THEM ANOTHER 2-3 DAYS to get a response. However he did offer because of my issues they would authorize a local service repair and pay for the parts, we pay the service and labor and they would reimburse us up to $450.00. I passed on that option, if they reimburse as fast as they get service I may never see the money, and at this point in all of this, I do not trust them. I feel all I have got is a run around and a way of them hoping we will go buy a new refrigerator and drop the repair claim. Not gonna happen.

P.S. when we were looking at Sears in the beginning, was looking at a Kenmore Elite, however now that I know it is made by LG, there is no way I would buy it. Our original local service man that we had, told us good luck with LG, obviously this is their normal customer service. We have become a disposable society, and nothing last like it use to, but when you spend $1500.00 on a refrigerator it should last more than 3 1/2 years, and if it still is covered under warranty, you shouldn't have to go through what I have. I would not recommend anything LG, if this is how they take care of their customers.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Beth. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 26, 2020

My LG french door Refrigerator & Freezer stopped cooling after 7 years of no issues. Called LG repair department on (4/14) and they scheduled me with an LG certified technician. The Tech (Hector) arrived at my house on time on (04/17), and fixed my fridge very professionally. The complete cost of repair was reasonable since I was not charged with a new compressor (old one was under 10 years warranty). Currently, (04/26), my fridge is working with no issues. I hesitated at first to pay the upfront charge but it ended up being well worth it so far. I'm crossing my fingers. :-)

Original review: April 25, 2020

Paid almost $3000 for a refrigerator only to have it fail in less than 2 years. Save yourself time, money and frustration. Just because it is expensive does not make it a product that is well built. You would be better off buying a $700 fridge. At least if it breaks, your ROI is better. Tried going through customer service, and I am still waiting for a callback.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Peter. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 25, 2020

Please don’t waste your $ on LG refrigerator. Our side by side model number LSXS26366 lasted almost 39 months before compressor died. Repair person said if fixed, would be a time bomb. Please run away.

Original review: April 25, 2020

7/17/2017 purchased a Sears Elite Stainless Steel side-by-side Grab and Go refrigerator model 51863. The product had the Sears brand but found it was made by LG for Sears. 8/8/2019 freezer and refrigerator sides were warm and melting. A Sears and a none Sears serviceman (2) came and diagnosed the problem to be the linear compressor which was made by LG had gone out. This was a new beautiful looking refrigerator just over over 2 years old. Paid $1751 for it and it would cost $1000.00 to repair. Wrote Sears Vice President of Customer Experience. Received a phone call from their Executive Complaint Department and spoke with a Debra (or Deborah) who after lengthy conversations told me that since I did not have "an extended warranty, there was nothing they could do".

I was livid. Researched and found hundreds of customers who has had this problem and also found there is a class action law suit pending awaiting to see if the courts would approve it. After the poor treatment from Sears, and after having read that some replaced compressors went out again, I opted to buy a none LG brand refrigerator. Spent total of $3000.00 here.

3/9/2017 purchased an LG 65" smart TV from Sam's Club. Model: 65UH615A for $1000.00. I have 4 other TVs, none of which are LG brands. The oldest TV is over 12 years old and I watch it the most and have had no problems with it or any of the others. 4/25/2020 the LG model went out. Yes, the TV that I have had just over 3 years! I get a black screen. Researched online and it appears the motherboard is shot. Have a call in to a repair person. WHAT is UP with these LG products? How disappointing is this. I really thought that LG was a good brand but my experience dictates otherwise. 2018 purchased an LG Stylo 4 from Sprint and am now having problem with this phone when I log it up. This phone is just over 2 years old. I am so very disappointed in the LG BRAND and will make no more purchases by LG. I also will not refer this product due to my bad experiences.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Lynda. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 25, 2020

Updated on 06/24/2020: Not exaggerated one bit and absolutely true. LG customer service strung me along for well over a month first promising repair which never happened and then promising some form of reimbursement for the $1150 we were stuck with repairing our 3-year old refrigerator compressor under 10-year warranty. I wrote letter after letter trying to work with LG & with each one receive a polite reply that sometimes didn't make sense promising to help me. LG requested my repair invoice, refrigerator info and other paperwork at least 4 different times & then would respond back they could not find my file [again].

Our 3-year old LG stove failed us as well a month after refrigerator bit the dust and I wrote about that as well. LG contacted me with the same type of dialogue which continues for awhile before they simply quit responding to you. NEVER AGAIN LG! I'm OK warning consumers about LG, but would not waste any more time responding to their fake customer service promises. Unbelievably bad customer service LG!

Original: Our 3-year old LG "Studio" stainless steel refrigerator compressor failed. Unable to find a factory authorized technician we used a local refrigeration tech and paid $125 to diagnose problem. We then contacted LG Appliances customer service and attempted to obtain help under our 5-year warranty covering the compressor. LG Encompass did not have a factory authorized tech in our area and notified us via email repair would be in the coming month[?]. We asked if LG could ship us the compressor and we'd pay a local tech to replace it. LG told us an "approved tech" would have to order the part and our local tech could apply to become an authorized tech.

We then asked if we could simply buy the part ourselves which we got a quote for over $300 + shipping and there would be no warranty if sent to us directly. Several hours on ph and zero progress as to a solution any time soon. Our 2 options were to go weeks without a refrigerator or pay ourselves to repair. We have now ordered a compressor from a warehouse supplier at over double the cost and will pay a local tech for installation. Total fees we are incurring are $1275 to repair our refrigerator UNDER WARRANTY. I would recommend #1 to never buy appliances from "LG", and #2 - check your product warranty ahead of time carefully & also consider a Home Warranty insurance policy to cover your appliances.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Vincent. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 25, 2020

We bought an LG refrigerator 3 years ago. It stopped cooling. The repairman said that LG would provide a compressor but would not pay for labor, which could be from $600-$1100. He suggested that we cut our losses and purchase a different brand. Neither LG nor Lowe's, where we purchased the refrigerator, were concerned that we lost a refrigerator full of food and had paid a lot of money for a product that was now worthless. Lowe's corporation is aware of the problems with LG but continue to sell them. When I expressed my frustration, a Lowe's employee said we should have bought their warranty.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Sandra. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: May 9, 2020

LG sent a technician out and repaired our refrigerator at no cost. The technician did a great job and was very knowledgeable. Still think the customer service needs to be worked on so everyone understands one another better but my refrigerator in the end was repaired and I am satisfied.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I have a LG refrigerator that the compressor went out on. I called lg customer service and they confirmed the compressor was covered under warranty and that I only had to pay labor. I had to call back 3 times after they said they would send a compressor And on the fourth time the customer service representative told me it had only showed me calling once. So this customer service representative seems he is doing everything right calls the company that is is going to replace the compressor to make sure they are certified and send them some paperwork to get the compressor ordered and said it would take about 5 business days to receive the compressor.

The company that is installing the compressor said they made them go through all kinds of things and made it very difficult but the compressor was ordered. So a week later I call the technician and ask if the compressor has shown up yet and he said it hadn’t. Next I call LG to get an update on the delivery and guess what it was never ordered and they need the technician to call them back to get it ordered. So two weeks with a broken refrigerator that has a compressor under warranty and six calls later and I still have no compressor. It almost feels like they don’t want to send me one.

The only good that has come out of this is I know I will never ever buy any LG product again and I will never tell anybody to buy an LG product. So if you are reading reviews because you are thinking of buying an LG product DON’T DO IT!!!!! I also have an LG tv that is a year old and the WiFi on the tv doesn’t work 80% of the time. I just got a Amazon Fire Stick to hook up to it just bc I don’t want to deal with their customer service.

Original review: April 24, 2020

We have an LG refrigerator. Now on 3rd compressor in 8 months! 4 the compressor in total. 4/22/20 repair man came out, instead of replacing compressor like he should have he injected it with coolant or something..he wouldn't say. Yesterday we lost all of our food for the 2nd time...since owning this fridge. I called 5 times yesterday trying to get tech back out before we lost our food, and trying to get a return phone call. Worst products and even worse customer service. I think a class action lawsuit needs to be considered for them selling junk refrigerators.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Annie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I just wanted to write and tell you that I will never buy an LG appliance again. Had a refrigerator for 10 years and all of a sudden the compressor breaks and it’s $800 to fix it. They said the warranty ran out 6 months ago. Bought the matching stove with it 10 years ago and I’ve already had to have it serviced twice. Bought a flat screen for my wall and that broke after 5 years. You do nothing to help your customers and it’s impossible to get a hold of anyone. Horrible company!!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Deana. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Purchased LG refrigerator LG LMXS30776D 102 on 08-17-2017. On 12-29-2017, the food was warm and the frozen food thawing out. Called LG and repair scheduled for 1-15-2018. Repairman arrived, called tech support, and changed a sensor. It quit again on 1-17-2018. Called LG and repairman returned on 1-23-2018 and couldn't find anything, He reset the refrigerator. Started working again. Took 26 days to get working refrigerator.

On 01-4-2019, it quit again. LG set up appointment for the same repairman for 1-15-2019. Repairman didn't show up. Calls were not returned, and LG had to search for another repair service. Finally for another company to come on 2-22-2019. They ordered a compressor and condenser. and would return 3-4-2019. The repairman did not return on 3-4. Called and they said it was scheduled for 3-5-2019 but couldn't make it until 3-12-2019. They did not show up on 3-12-2019 and said it was scheduled for 3-13-2019. The repairman finally showed up on 3-13-2019 and changed compressor, condenser, and dryer. Put in dye to check for leaks in case it was in evaporator or walls. 68 days to get the refrigerator fixed this time. Took 16 days to get claim form and repair invoice for the extended warranty company.

On 3-31-2020, the refrigerator quit again. Called and took until 4-15-2020 to get a repairman (the 3rd company) scheduled. The repairman showed up on 04-16-2020 and put on another new compressor. Could not get it to charge and said the refrigerator could not be repaired.. I called LG, Asurion, and the repairman numerous times in the past week. Been on hold 40-50 minutes at a time.. On 4-22-2020, I have talked to 4 different people at LG to get this resolved and the last person said this is being escalated to the service power and it could take up to 72 hours for them to determine a refund or replacement. We are without a refrigerator for 23 days at this time... And 72 more hours put us in to a new week making it 28 days before we hear anything.... Buy a hammer and hit yourself in the head. You will have less headaches and more money than buying an LG refrigerator.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Gary. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Our LG fridge LFX28978ST /04 stopped cooling. We lost everything we purchased in groceries to last us a while during this pandemic. It is a compressor issue from their linear compressor. We called LG and they verified it is a compressor issue but had to pay out of pocket cost for technician to come out and the repair cost while they supply the part. The technician came out and in under 20 mins, said it was a compressor. The cost for that 20 mins, $85. The service cost for the technician to perform the work, $890. The cost for the compressor from LG is less than $260. At that cost I would rather buy a new fridge.

I called and complained to LG. They gave me 3 other technicians BUT I will have to pay new labor costs. They said I could explain to them that it was already diagnosed, which all the technicians said this is false and they will have to perform their own diagnosis.1 of them did not answer, the other said he has not touched LG fridge in over 7 years and does not want to. I called LG because I was not getting anywhere and they advised that I can call any local technician and they will approve the technician to perform the service. I have called about 6 local places and ALL OF THEM will not touch LG refrigerator. All of them said one thing or the other about LG refrigerators.

I am getting nowhere with LG and it is a very frustrating time right now for me and my family to get the run around and nothing in the fridge. LG will not even reimburse me the cost of my groceries until the technician performs a $890 repair that they only have to fork out $260... Beware, if you buy LG fridge, prepare for the runaround and NO technician wanting to service this and if they do, the cost will be ridiculous. "This is totally unacceptable and I can see why there is a class action suit against this company. I will be posting on all social media how LG handles its customers on an item they know is flawed. Hopefully I can deter others from buying LG refrigerator." I wished I searched this site before buying an LG refrigerator. I am getting no help whatsoever from LG... NONE... They will have you doing all the leg work and calling for nothing...

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Joel. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 22, 2020

Our LG fridge over here in Florida, has required 2 compressors. The compressor they replaced stop working 18 months later. I now have to pay out of pocket and lose out on groceries for the week during this pamdemic. The fridge was purchased in 2015. In 2017 compressor was replaced. On 9/23/18 same replaced compressor broke. Now again 4/22/20 and compressor is outbagain. I called LG and they gave me numbers to call on my own. AS I'm now out of warranty. This is totally unacceptable and I can see why there is a class action suit against this company. I will be posting on all social media how LG handles its customers on an item they know is flawed. Hopefully I can deter others from buying LG refrigerator.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Felix. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 18, 2020

We purchased a LG LXF28968ST/02 in March of 2014 from Home Depot and the 5 year protection plan as well. We have always had issues with the ice maker. Well it just stopped working in March of this year (2020) so out of protection plan. LG technician came out and diagnosed leak in the "yoder loop". Unrepairable. Turns out after more digging, there is a class action lawsuit going on against LG for this very problem! I have reached out to the class action attorneys to get resolve. I like the style of the fridge but this is B'S after just six years.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Jeffrey. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 16, 2020

Purchased this refrigerator with high hopes due to the design and features but that's where it stopped. We have had numerous service issues about cooling and freezing over past 2 years and now they cannot repair. After calling for supervisor he tells me 2-3 more weeks for an approval to replace...we have been without this appliance working for 11 weeks with 8 repair visits. I will never buy anything LG builds ever again, horrible experience.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Ron.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: April 29, 2020

I am so happy with the response from LG. IT WAS FAST AND VERY EFFICIENT. They sent a very nice man out to fix the problem. He needed a part and ordered it next day delivery and was here promptly to fix it‼️ All is done and I’m very pleased‼️??

Original review: April 15, 2020

I’m so disappointed, we bought our fridge 2 years ago and even though a mistake was made about the steel finish not being smudge proof I FEEL IN LOVE WITH IT‼️ BUT now all I hear is LOUD airplane noises‼️ It is so loud and miserable I’m deaf in one ear and all that I can hear is the annoying fridge. I just want to scream‼️ What do I do now buy new fridge? WOW 2 years and I’m ready to throw it out the window.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Sandy. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 15, 2020

I bought an LG French door refrigerator in June 2017. The compressor first died in April 2018 and it was replaced and now it has died again, April 2020 during the pandemic and nobody can come out to fix it. This is the worst fridge I have ever owned. Not even 3 years old and I have to replace it. I'm disgusted. Do not buy an LG refrigerator.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Tracie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 11, 2020

Never will I buy LG products again! My 35 yr. old Fridge finally died. So I bought just what I wanted Door in Door stainless steel. In 11 mos I lost ice cream in my freezer, Logan Appliances installed a new computer board. Well it is April 11, 2020 and it’s done it again! I have NO confidence that this won’t happen again. I paid almost 2000.00 for a piece of junk... I intend on going on EVERY forum I can to get this resolved once & for all... This is Saturday but on Monday 4/13/2020 LG will be hearing from me! I have read the many reviews (bad) on LG. I am willing to take legal action, if they do not satisfy me once & for all.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Dyann. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 9, 2020

A few years ago I purchased new appliances. A refrigerator, stove and over the range microwave. I had an appliance technician that LG had the fewest repair calls so I went with that company when purchasing. Well in the first year the microwave had to be repaired. The glass stop stove after a year and a half has 2 burners not working and now my refrigerator decided to stop working during the worst time possible. I called the warranty company and because of the pandemic they are not doing any house repairs. I was told to think out of the box or go buy a new one. Now I do have an old refrigerator in the garage but with 8 people living in my home that is not enough room, especially when we need to stock up so we don't go out as often. So for now I am SOL until the virus is over and repair people can start working again. I will NEVER BUY LG appliances again and tell all of our friends the same thing.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Sheri. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Refrigerators Company Information