Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

Cons

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Bottom Line

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: June 15, 2020

We loved our LG French door refrigerator with water dispenser. However, like many reviews here, it stopped cooling after only 20 months. After two weeks of reporting and checking on the repair request, we still don’t have an appointment to repair and a customer service supervisor hung up on us even when I politely suggested that No, I couldn’t wait an additional 24-48 hours for an appointment. When I contacted three area appliance repair services they said they won’t fix LGs unless we pay their labor costs and apply for reimbursement for parts from LG. LG does not reimburse their labor so they stopped working on them. Then, this would cancel the warranty agreement with LG and we wouldn’t get any money back.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Kristin. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 15, 2020

UPDATED 06/17/2020: My refrigerator has been broken for a little less than a week so far. It’s less than three years old. Customer service has been difficult to get answers from. They said that I would be contacted but it hasn’t happened yet. Poor customer service and product.

UPDATED 6/16/2020: I reached out to LG, as they requested in response to my negative review. Although they publicly said that they would help resolve the issue, they have done nothing so far. How hard is it to schedule a repair under warranty?

ORIGINAL REVIEW: My refrigerator is less an 3 years old and already broke. But the point is that their customer service is the worst. Their reps are unhelpful and I still cannot get a technician to the house for the repair. They say they’re going to connect me to right department and They’ve disconnected my call twice. Do not buy!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Tim. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 15, 2020

We purchased an LG fridge 3 years ago based on their advertising saying that their lifespan is at least 20 years, that along with their 'innovative' features was the reason why we ended up buying it... Fast forward, right after it broke the 3-year mark it just stopped cooling so one day we woke up to a pool of water all over the kitchen and we found out that EVERYTHING on the freezer was fully thawed, and this happened just right after we went to do the groceries so the whole fridge was FULLY stocked with food... We had to throw away most of our food, hundreds of dollars wasted... And the worst just happen after this...

We found out that this is a common issue with LG fridges and that their technicians are taking weeks, sometimes months to come repair your fridge, what??!! What are we supposed to do now? To wait blindly for weeks or even months for them to come repair it? To go out and eat EVERY SINGLE DAY 3 times? To spend thousands of dollars by doing that? And not to mention that we are in the middle of a Pandemic and that we have toddlers?? Not only LG products are this bad but their service towards honoring their warranty is bad as bad can be... Their customer support phone line NEVER answers your call so you are stuck in oblivion with a dead fridge and nobody to take responsibility of repairing it asap... We are adding ourselves to the class action suit against LG now...

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Luis. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: June 14, 2020

After buying LG refrigerator within 7 months the upper freezing compartment stopped working. After the complaint technician came made it work. But again after 9 months faced same issue. Then again technician did resolved it. At the second visit I asked the technician to make sure this should not happen again if it does give me a replacement. But again after 11 months it again freezing was not happening. So again I raised a complain but as the 1 warranty was going to they stopped responding. After 12 months when 1 year free service expired the call center executive without listening to the issue just telling that I will be charged and when I started explained previous complain they started hanging up phone on me. LG service really ridiculous. They don't treat customers well. If this is a case I would say Please don't buy their product.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Shabbaaz. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: Sept. 10, 2020

The repairman came and said he would order the part needed for repair. Later he contacted me to say, there are no parts available and that LG would decide how to best handle this situation. In my case, the refunded my money for the purchase. I am happy that they made good on their promise to do that. Check was received as promised. The explanation was that because of COVID-19 everything is taking so much longer to be resolved. THANK YOU LG and EVELYN who worked to get the check to me. Thanks to Oscar, the repairman who answered every time I called him and for being so kind and accomodating.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I love the look and the space in the french door (freezer compartments in the bottom) refrigerator that I purchased less than a month ago. When we went through the installation steps, the control panel did not function. Tried all the instructions, called for repair and it took almost 5 days for technician to come out. He stated the wire was loose (but he was delayed a day in coming because he had to order a new control panel) and it took him five minutes to reconnect. Did not install a new control panel. On Monday, June 8, the panel is not functioning again.

I called for repair. They say it will be on June 17th , but how do I know, no one has confirmed that yet. This is two breakdowns on a new refrigerator in less than a month from purchase date. Customer Service is horrible, no technicians available and one lady sounded as if she was asleep when I called. Alice was nice and called me to say I would hear from the technician in 24 to 48 hours, well it's been 72 hours and no one has called. Maybe I should get a refund and go purchase a Whirlpool or Maytag refrigerator.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Marion. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: June 26, 2020

LG came through by covering the repair of the faulty linear compressor and PC board. Although it's only been 1 day since the repair, the fridge is cooling again. We're still out the lost food and in the interim had to buy a small fridge to salvage some items and for our basics while we waited.

Original review: June 12, 2020

The LG French Door Refrigerator model LFXS24623S/00 manufactured on 11/2015 just died leaving us with hundreds of dollars of food thawing out and getting warm. Called three appliance repair shops and one dealer in town to find out that the LG linear compressors from this era are lemons, ticking time bombs, and a few other analogies not for print. We liked using the fridge for the most part these last years, but now I'm sick to my stomach thinking about sending it off to the recycler at 4.5 years old then spending another $2000 for a new one. I ran the diagnostics on the control board and got two error codes on the front display: "22" and "33". The internet tells me the 22 code is a compressor relay gone bad, however, I cannot find any information on the 33 code. LG are you out there? Your phone number from inside the fridge hung up on me.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Karl. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 11, 2020

When our old refrigerator quit a little over 2 years ago, my wife and I shopped around and decided to purchased a new LG refrigerator. When the door panel control indicated we needed to replace the air and water filters, we ordered replacements but before the replacement arrived the cooling shut off completely and we lost everything in the refrigerator. We later learned that if the filters are not replaced immediately the cooling shuts off. A little over a week ago and without filter replacement warnings, the refrigerator and freezer stopped working altogether. Again, we lost everything in the refrigerator and freezer.

LG customer service was not helpful. We were told a repairman would contact us within 24 hours. 48 hours later my wife tracked down the repairman. I note it was not the repairman's fault. The repairman said the electrical operating panel, compressor and something other part were all bad and had to be replaced. Basically rebuilding the refrigerator. Repairman would order the parts. 6 days later we are still waiting. Using a dorm refrigerator from my office to keep milk cold for our two kids. LG's customer service has been totally inadequate and very disappointing.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Mike. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Bought my LG refrigerator 5 years ago to the day and the freezer and fridge won't cool - at room temperature. Called customer service and they said someone could come out on the 18th which doesn't work because I have a fridge full of food. They said that they could provide me with a list of authorized LG repairmen and I could use them for warranty work. They confirmed that my fridge was under warranty when I provided the serial number.

I was emailed a list and when I called the first company on the list they told me that need an email from LG authorizing the work. I called LG back and was told I had to provide the part numbers to generate the email - obviously I can't answer this question. I convinced them this was impossible and they said they couldn't help because I had no proof of purchase. I told them the previous person had said it was covered and they told me there was no record of my previous call (even though both times I called through the App and provided the serial number and model number). Not sure where to go next.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Michael.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Purchased Refrigerator March 2017. Stopped cooling April 4, 2020. First attempted repair April 9th (A&E Factory Service RNN **). Frig ran for 2 days and failed. Second Attempted repair April 14th (LG service man Luis RNN **). Frig ran 2 days and failed. Third Attempted repair April 17th (LG service man Luis RNN **). Luis asked me to call him directly if there were any more problem. Frig ran 9 days and failed. Forth Attempted repair April 28th (called Luis as instructed. He came, worked on it and told me to call LG for warranty, if it failed again). Frig never got cooler than room temperature. Called LG. Got run around and asked for supervisor. Supervisor 'Ian" told me frig was already in for replace or refund and I should hear from LG in less than 5 days. Did not hear back from LG. Took delivery on purchased Refrigerator May 4, 2020.

May 15 Called LG about status of claim. Claim was rejected because there were only 3 repair attempts. But there were 4. Asked for Luis to verify he was here 3 times. They gave 4th RNN **. May 18th Luis came to home again. We had removed LG frig from site when replacement purchased came. Luis said he would write report and we should hear from LG in 3 days. No call from LG. June 2. I called LG to ask status. It was rejected because of no report from Luis. He told me his supervisor told him he could not send report, since the frig was no longer in our home. 37 month of work life, Not acceptable. 2 Months of mishandling claim, Not acceptable.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Stephen. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: June 23, 2020

We finally got the fridge repaired, it was the compressor, apparently these compressors are hard to get so that was the delay. The repair serviceman was very professional & knew what he was doing, had it working in about an hour .

Original review: June 10, 2020

We have an LG French door unit we bought on 7/8/2018. The unit stopped working on 5/29/20. I called to have it repaired & since then have gotten nowhere with LG. They keep putting us off saying someone was going to come out on 6/8, then 6/9 & now maybe 6/17 & then they don't have a service provider in our area. The latest is they are going to contract with another service provider. It is now 6/10/20. We are living out of ice chests. On what planet did these call centers originate? I am convinced the operators are trained to tell people (without saying it) "we could care less". Think twice about buying an LG product.

Original review: June 9, 2020

I bought an LG refrigerator in Aug of 17’ and have spent 25 + hrs and going on 3 weeks on the phone (really poor customer service), scheduling appointments with the service tech and still don’t have a working refrigerator. Save yourself a lot of headache and DON’T buy LG refrigerator!!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello F. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 9, 2020

My 5 year old refrigerator suddenly stopped working. A technician came out the next day and determined the compressor had failed. I was shocked because compressors typically can last over 20 years. After doing some research I come to find out that this is a widespread problem with LG and possibly some other brands that use this Linear type compressor. LG knows about the problem, and continues selling this product. To make matters worse, they are or have been installing the same type compressor as a replacement which will likely fail again in a short time.

LG - listen this is no picnic when you lose hundreds of dollars of food. I spent over $3,000 for what I was led to believe to be a top quality refrigerator. Though the compressor is under warranty, LG said the labor is not because it's 5 years and a few weeks, are you kidding? I am not pleased to have to shell out $550 in labor on top of the cost of the lost food. If this is how you treat your customers, you can rest assure LG will not be my appliance brand of choice.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Anthony. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 9, 2020

2 year 11 month old LG refrigerator compressor failed one week ago. Still waiting for LG to find LG accredited repair facility. Not very hopeful after reading about existing class action lawsuit. Very disappointed. If you have an LG refrigerator that has lasted more than three years without failure, consider yourself extremely lucky. LG, please do not respond to this with the canned phrase "Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you. Thank you, LG." It is condescending and disingenuous. Only regret I have is that I had to give it one star. If I could have given 1/10 of a star, I would have!!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Dave. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I purchased a side by side Lg refrigerator in 2018 from Home Depot. I also purchased an extended warranty for this product through Home Depot. The extended warranty company is Asurion. After 2 years and 1 month my fridge died. It would not cool. This happened on a Sunday. So I called Lg that day to find out they were closed. Then called my extended warranty dept. My first called I was put on hold for 39 minutes...only to be disconnected. My second call, after another 40 minutes, I spoke to Dwayne ** who gave me a claim number and said a service person would arrive that day between 8-4. No one showed up. That night I called Asurion again. This time I spoke with Natasha, who gave me another claim number and said a serviceman would arrive on Monday. No one showed.

I then called Lg directly who told me it would 5-7 days to get a service repair date.. I then lost it...They said they have no one in my area who accepts their coverage. So now I'm without a fridge, lost all my food and no repair date. This is the worst company. Do not buy their products. You will be wasting your money like I did. LG representative are location in the Philippines. They could care less about you and I... the consumer. We are thoroughly disgusted with the warranty, the product and lg. Beware...lg is not US friendly. If they were I would not have to wait over a week just to get a repair person to come and look. Wonder how long it will take to repair. And they do not provide a refrigerator to use in the meantime. You are on your own. Try another company!!!!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Kathleen. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I purchased an LG French door refrigerator in Sept. 2018. It quit cooling in March 2020. Had a service call and was told that the part would be ordered and the technician would come back to install it. Never heard back from the technician so I called the service center. I was told that the part had never been ordered and would be ordered. I never received a call regarding the part so I called again. I was told that the part was discontinued and could no longer be ordered. The person at the call center could not help me. I filed a complaint with the BBB. I was asked for proof of my purchase. I sent my Lowe's credit card statement showing the purchase date, what was purchased, what store it was purchased from, and the price. The statement had all of the information that was requested from LG.

LG came back and asked for the actual receipt. The original receipt was taken by the service technician so that he would have the information to order the part. I cannot get a copy since the Lowe's store that I purchased the refrigerator from has since closed. Furthermore, LG has all of my information. When I made the initial service call, they looked up my account with my phone number and told me that they had all of my information. As of today, the BBB has closed my complaint as LG is refusing to repair or replace my refrigerator with the receipt that their technician has. Just infuriates me to be out $2,300.00! Buyer beware! There are several class action suits on the refrigerator that I purchased but LG continues to sell the defective appliance and so does Lowe's. They have looked for every outlet to get out of making good on their appliance!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Janet. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 8, 2020

Our French door fridge with bottom freezer stopped cooling/freezing. The fridge has a production date of 07/2017. I called the service department and the earliest appointment is June 17th. I called today at 9:30 am June 8th. As a result I have had to purchase a small fridge as going 10 days without a fridge is not possible. It is very disappointing and will influence any other purchases.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Sue. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 7, 2020

My refrigerator stopped cooling after only 3 years. It is under warranty and the manual says that service is 365 days per year and 24 hours per day. It is a lie. After 11 days it has not been fixed and we have had no help. We have a household of 6 with 2 seniors, 1 essential worker and 3 young children. This has been a hardship and we let the company know this. We have spent many hours calling, texting and emailing without any end in sight.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Laurie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Purchased a Sears Kenmore Elite refrigerator. Did not know that it was manufactured by Lousy Garbage. After numerous failures of the original during the warranty period, and much fighting with Sears, they agreed to replace. Now the replacement unit is problematic. The freezer got warm and can’t keep adequately cool. Reading all the reviews of Lousy Garbage just reinforces the claim that LG stands for Lousy Garbage. If the brand is Lousy Garbage, don’t walk away. You’d better run. Special thanks to Eddie Lampert for destroying Sears with product providers such as Lousy Garbage. A match made in purgatory.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Harry. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: June 6, 2020

Updated on 06/25/2020: I posted here on June 6 about my less than 2 year old LG French door refrigerator compressor failure. LG responded that they would resolve the issue with me. After much back and forth, they did not send me the promised email for resolution. I hope that by posting this, someone will respond and help me resolve my issue.

Original Review: Bought this fancy LG in May 2018 for 2500.00 from Lowe’s. In March 2020 compressor goes out. I am still waiting for the compressor to arrive and today is June 6. I am on my fourth month with no refrigerator. Do not buy an LG refrigerator. I wish I never did!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Kimberly. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Our $3,500+ super capacity LG refrigerator stopped cooling at the 6 year mark. Several repair attempts have been made in the past month under warranty and at least $2100 in food has spoiled. We've also spent $370 on floor repairs from water damage leaking from the fridge after the second repair attempt. My fiance and I have been tirelessly working the frontlines 6-7 days a week taking direct care of critically ill COVID patients at hospitals with little time to grocery shop (or sleep) since this pandemic started.

For a month now, my family has been eating from our hospital's vending machines or relying on fast food delivery service which has drained our accounts. LG's policy states a maximum of $300 food reimbursement and if our unit is deemed unrepairable even under warranty, we have no option but to pay for junk hauling. After purchasing several high end appliances from LG, this is a huge slap in our faces.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Marie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 4, 2020

We purchased our $3,000 fridge at Sears in 2016 before they went out of business. While it is a Kenmore sold by Sears, it is actually a fridge built by LG for Sears. So the fridge is basically 4 years old and the freezer has stopped working. With Sears' bankruptcy, I have no warranty. I understand that, but LG is unable to provide a qualified service agent that is still in business. All service agents I have called have indicated that LG is proprietary and I need a LG technician. Totally unacceptable. Besides the service issue, breakdown so quickly is a problem. If you are buying new, I would recommend sticking with manufacturers that specialize in kitchen appliances, not TVs and computers. I won't make that mistake again.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello George. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 4, 2020

If I could I would have NO STAR - We’ve had nothing but bad luck with our LG appliances- first of all our dishwasher -the control panel went haywire 5 months after we got it- well that happened 2 more times since. When we built our home we also bought an LG gas range, refrigerator and microwave. So last year we went to Alaska and when we came home in August the stove control panel also had gone haywire. You cannot properly read the numbers that tell you the temperature/time so when you set the temperature you have no idea what you're setting it to. Called LG and after hours on the phone with them to get it repaired they did NOTHING. Our cost to find out by the repairman (we paid for) that to fix it we would spend more than what a new oven would cost. It is barely over a year old and possibly failed prior to being a year old!

2 days ago we woke up to our LG French door refrigerator inside as warm as our room temperature and everything inside ruined. It is just barely 2 years old! Called LG for repairs- ended up having to get our own repair guy, and it has a bad compressor, won’t read codes, and needs a new control board. The repairman said it’s an extensive repair and could possibly fail again easily (read class action law suit on them). Called LG back and now we have to wait to hear from Service Power to see if anyone can fix it. They offered NOTHING for the loss of food but would send us up to $200 for a mini fridge- and he’d send us an email for doing so- still waiting for that. These appliances cost thousands of dollars! Buyer Beware!!! They are junk!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Julie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Our refrigerator went out about 3 weeks ago. We had one repair technician come out who said the compressor and motherboard needed to be replaced. He ordered the part and 4 days later came to do the repair. Upon disconnecting the compressor, he said there was something else wrong with the refrigerator as there was no Freon in the system. He indicated that either the evaporator was bad or there was a leak in the line. He said there should have been Freon in the system when he disconnected the compressor, but there was none. He indicated we needed to contact LG to have them send out one of their service technicians to complete the repair. That is when all the problems arose.

LG issued a repair order and a new technician called us. When he learned that another technician had opened the refrigerator to change the compressor, he said he would not touch the refrigerator. We call LG back and requested the work order be directed back to the original technician at our request, but to our dismay, the technician said he did not have the equipment to do the repair. Since then we have been trying to get in touch with LG's executive services and they saying they will call us back if we get disconnected. Sure enough, when they attempt to connect us to their Executive Service group (about 2 or 3 times), we get disconnected and have not received a call back.

We contacted several companies that LG has referred us to call and found one that said they would come out and evaluate the refrigerator, but we needed to get a work order from LG assigned specifically to them for them to come out and work on the refrigerator. We are still waiting on LG for that work order. What else can we do?

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Wayne. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I have had my LG refrigerator just over 1 year and the compressor has gone out today. I can not get a repair person to even look at it, including those listed on the LG site, because of the issue with these compressors and the trouble getting parts.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello CJ. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Bought a black stainless LG fridge 2 years ago. So far, LG has had to come out to repair it 4 times. 3 times for the ice/water dispensers not shutting off, this last time for the compressor breaking. We lost hundreds of dollars in food. On top of that, my $2,000+ fridge has the black stainless "coating" peeling all over. These coatings are terrible. You will be disappointed. Stay away from LG and any stainless steel appliances that are coated or painted on, and not baked in to the stainless itself.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Kimberlie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Hello, after several weeks of looking at refrigerators, my wife and I purchased a new LG refrigerator in December, 2017. This past weekend it stopped cooling. Due to COVID19 the customer service department at LG has reduced hours. I contacted them on Monday morning at 8am and filed a warranty repair. I was told that “someone” would contact me in 24 to 48 hours. I was contacted by an approved service repair company the same day. The repair contractor offered to come out on Thursday. I didn’t find that acceptable when faced with over $1,000.00 of food that would be wasted. So I called LG back and the supervisor gave me 3 other names that I could call. I was able to reach two of them. Both were able to schedule me today!

I called LG back to learn that if I wanted a different “approved” service provider to fix it that it would require a letter of authorization from them and that would take 2 to 4 days to issue! What? So my wife went out on a mission to find a suitable freezer that I could purchase to put in our garage. No luck! Due to COVID19 food hoarders the earliest I could get one delivered was possibly Thursday! Again, no solution.

By 4pm I was faced with emptying out my refrigerator or scheduling another repair company. So I decided to schedule one on my own. They are coming today. I called LG back this morning and asked to speak to a manager. I spoke to a lady in the “executive” team. She told me that 4 days to get a repair technician wasn’t “that” long and because I was taking matters into my own hands, it would void the warranty! What??? I am voiding my warranty by getting one of their approved service providers to fix my refrigerator faster than they could get it scheduled? Not only did I find one but both of the providers I called were faster than the one assigned. And, because I circumvented their system, I lose my warranty? Nobody informed me till this morning that taking the matter into my own hands for resolution would void my warranty.

None of this makes any sense. We spent over $4,000.00 on this refrigerator for it to go out within 2.5 years. Dealing with customer service has been a horrible experience. I cannot believe that obtaining service from an authorized service company would void my warranty. I can’t believe that when I found one that could come quicker than 4 days, LG wasn’t appreciative and simply move my order. Instead, they penalized me. There is nothing right, easy or customer oriented about the process I have experienced. It’s downright wrong.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Rob. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I purchased my LG refrigerator in 09/29/2015. After 4 years of service it suddenly stopped working. I had not heard of the problems 'til this moment. Looking at everything on the internet I wonder if I shouldn't just buy a different refrigerator. We have had a tech here and he is ordering a new compressor for our frig. We lost all or most of the food plus we had to purchase a small freezer to keep food in so we weren't running out with our concerns about COVID. I had bought an extended warranty at the time of purchase because the fridge. Was only fully covered for 1 year.

Now I understand LG has revised it to cover 5 years so I spent that money for nothing. We are retired and so our money is tight and every cost affects the budget. We haven't had a refrigerator for just about a week and now I am thinking about buying a small one for my garage just to keep cold drinks and condiments. With the freezer and small fridge I'll have spent 400.00 dollars and I now I think the money would have been better spent buying a different brand. I haven't had to deal with LG in any of this with my extended warranty and with other complaints not sure I want to.

If you are reading these post stay away from LG refrigerator until they prove they have fixed these problems. They had to settle a class action lawsuit in 2014 and now are back in court as of 2019 with the same problem and new complaints. This means that LG has had an ongoing problem without resolution for over ten years and are willing to continue to sell these products. If this were a car company they would be forced to make a recall.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Ray. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 2, 2020

As most of you know, I do not use social media as a living diary to post what I’m feeling, what I’m wearing or what we’re having for dinner tonight. However, today I am going to make an exception and share my story about why you shouldn’t buy an LG refrigerator as I head into week three without one as I continue to work with LG support.

Let me start by saying, you can’t make this stuff up. The morning of Monday, May 18th started as any other Monday. I woke up at 5:30, turned on my computer, started my coffee, put the dogs out and reached into the refrigerator to get my cream. Imagine my surprise when I realized my 16 month old refrigerator [LFXS30766S] and freezer were warm. I’ve bulleted a the rest of this story to make it read faster for those of you who care to.

• Called LG support, who deduced that it was probably the compressor and issued a service ticket [**] for 5/19 between 8-5 am EDT. [At no time does he mention that they have a known problem with their compressors which is why they have extended their one year parts and labor warranty into a five year warranty.]
o I was thrilled to receive a call around lunchtime from the service company [J.O.A. ELECTRONICS] who told me he could come that same afternoon [5/18] to look at the refrigerator.
o J.O.A. comes at 3 pm EDT, runs diagnostic, confirms it was the compressor, charges me $50 and starts to leave. I ask him how long it will take the part to come in.

o J.O.A. then tells me LG will order compressor and fix the refrigerator that he can’t do it. [Are you freaking kidding me?]

• Called LG support back and talked to a new service rep who told me:
o J.O.A. Electronics shouldn’t have charged me $50 as my refrigerator was still under warranty and he should order the part so he can come back and fix it.
o She then supplies ME with their contact info and tells ME I need to:
 Call them and tell them they have to return my check. [as they shouldn’t have charged me]

 Confirm that they can order the part and fix the refrigerator. [Isn’t this why she’s getting paid?]

• So at this point my husband gets home from work and calls J.O.A:
o who refuses to return or destroy our check, causing us to call our bank and issue a stop payment [$30].

o who also tells Steve that his job was to do a diagnostic, not order the part or fix the refrigerator just do a diagnostic. [seriously, this is who my service ticket from LG went to? What happened to a certified tech or company…]

• Called LG support back [for those counting, this is call three on 5/18], and talk to another service rep who:
o Listens to my tale.
o Puts me on hold to talk to management; and then gets back on the phone to tell me, she can:
 schedule an appointment [**] with Jude an LG certified technician, for 5/26 between 8-12 EDT [because Monday, 5/25 was Memorial Day] NOTE: that’s a week without a refrigerator DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, OVER THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND AND AFTER DOING A MONTH’S WORTH OF FOOD SHOPPING.

o After slightly losing my **, let’s be honest folks, for all of those of you who know me, patience is not my strongest strength, I tell her fine and graciously accept the appointment with Jude the Savior for over a week away. We make due for the next week without a refrigerator [shopping daily/borrowing refrigerator space from friends]. Again, you can’t make this ** up.

• So, joyous day, 5/26 arrives:
o Jude [the long awaited LG certified tech] calls to tell me he’s running late and will be at our house closer to 1:30/2:00.
o In the meantime, our address update from my calls a week earlier take effect and our town is updated. [they had the correct street address but the wrong city]

o I immediately get a call from Jude, the LG certified tech and savior, who I have waited a week to come fix my refrigerator, who tells me our town isn’t in his territory so he won’t be coming because it’s too far. He cancels my RNN ticket. [We live 15 minutes from the wrong town in the ticket.]

• Pissed off [major understatement], I called LG support, tell the service rep I want to speak to a supervisor, get put through to another minion, tell my story, AGAIN, including the J.O.A. mess, tells me he can get us serviced the next day [you see there’s no way we can get same day service because of COVID-19 and such – really, there’s a pandemic in play, this is news to me], 5/27, new ticket issued [**]. [We wait with baited breath to find out who is going to be coming to fix our refrigerator.]
o I get a text telling me a service ticket has been issued and I will be contacted once a service center has confirmed.

o J.O.A. ELECTRONICS accepts my ticket is confirmed as our service company. [again, you can’t make this ** up]

• We call back LG support, express our frustration and concerns about J.O.A. being assigned the ticket and again tell him the story about J.O.A. an the incident that happened back on May 18th.
o While we’re on hold, the service rep calls J.O.A. himself. [props Arnell as it was more than Diane did for us on 5/18]
 They assure him they can do the job and they will call us to set up an appt.

o We wait. [NO CALL. NO APPT SET UP.]

• The morning of 5/27, I literally get woken up by a text from LG that says they are still looking for a provider to come as quickly as possible. I will be notified when an appt is confirmed.

• I send an email complaint to the office of the president because he wants to be connected to his customers (5/27), outlining our dilemma and the challenge we’ve had getting service for our refrigerator. [Again, it’s only 16 months old]

• 5/27, call LG support (again), to be disconnected (again), but this time Service Representative calls me back. We now have a case ticket (vs a repair ticket [CNN vs an RNN]) which will take 3-5 days to be reviewed before hearing back from LG. [AT WHAT POINT IS LIFE GOOD WITH LG because I’ve missed the GOOD LIFE EXPERIENCE!]

• 5/29, receive a standard letter from an executive advisor in response to my letter to the president thanking me for my letter, telling me that my case is in review and let her know if there was any immediate needs that she could help me with…SERIOUSLY, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? IMMEDIATE NEED. HOW ABOUT A REFRIGERATOR THAT WORKS!!!

The worst part is we are out hundreds of dollars in food, the returned check fee, a couple of vacation days and I still do not have a working REFRIGERATOR. At this point, I just want my money back so I can buy a refrigerator that works and will work 10 years from now. Again, our compressor didn’t even make it 24 months. So if you’re in need of a refrigerator, do not buy the hype – LIFE IS NOT GOOD WITH LG. Buy a Samsung, GE, Kenmore, or another brand. Life is not Good.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Maria. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Updated on 6/4/2020: They keep posting that they are here to help and I provided my number three times and no one calls!!!! I’ll be fair and retract post but so far I’ve received no call after a message to private message them. I was also supposed to get a call a week ago for food spoilage and nothing!!!!

Original review: I am on my third LG counter depth fridge and the compressor went on all of them. 3 fridges in 6 months. Home Depot was willing to change our fridge and refund my money and that’s what I am doing. Do Not buy an LG fridge. Don’t. Just don’t...Oh and my 1000 dollar dishwasher needed a new control panel in a week. Sealed it out. Lg reviews that are good are usually people for most part that had their fridge for a couple months. Then if you need repair good luck trying to speak with someone that doesn’t sound like a robot and they don’t speak English. Just don’t do it!!!!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Vince. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: June 1, 2020

Purchased a home with an LG fridge in it. We have had LG out 5-6 times in the last 13 months. The fridge continues to malfunction, and we have lost hundreds of dollars in spoiled food multiple times. Memorial Day weekend was the 4th. They are out again today, would like to refund or replace the fridge but cannot do so without a purchase receipt. The service technicians have been great, but we do not have the receipt and they cannot submit for reimbursement. Any suggestions here would be appreciated.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Adam. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Refrigerators Company Information