Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

Cons

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Bottom Line

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

Top LG Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have always enjoyed LG electronics and products and have never heard negative feedback. All lg products that I have owned have all lasted as long as they were guaranteed to last...

Verified

I was on a very tight budget but I also wanted a fridge that stuck out on the kitchen. I like the fact that it has temperature control and an ice maker. It keeps time and also has...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerator models

From basic top- or bottom-freezer models to industry-leading smart technologies, LG offers fridges for multiple budgets and lifestyles. Its main styles include:

• Top freezer: Freezer with door on the top
  • Bottom freezer: Pull-out freezer on the bottom
  • Side-by-side: Vertical refrigerator and freezer next to each other
  • French door: Double-door refrigerator models with a freezer door on the bottom
  • Door-in-door: More storage with extra doors for sauces, drinks and more
  • Smart/Wi-Fi enabled: App connectivity and screen view

LG’s ThinQ App lets you control and manage your appliances. The app’s features include notifications for an open door and the ability to activate the energy-saving mode.

LG refrigerators are available at a variety of retailers, including The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart. You can also buy LG refrigerators through its online site, which lets you easily compare different models and prices to find the best one for your needs and budget.

LG Refrigerator prices

LG’s refrigerators cost varies based on the model and features you’re interested in. Below, we charted out the cost ranges for some of LG’s popular styles.

StylePrice range
Top freezer$899 - $1,499
Bottom freezer$1,169 - $1,799
Side-by-side$1,221 - $1,899
French door$1,221 - $2,849
Door-in-door$1,299 - $4,399
Smart/Wi-Fi enabled$3,779 - $7,999

LG Refrigerator FAQ

How long do LG refrigerators last?
LG states its refrigerators should have about a 20-year lifespan.
Are there any recalls on LG refrigerators?
Yes, there is a current recall of approximately 20,000 LG and Kenmore Elite Trio three-door refrigerators.
How do I claim my LG warranty?
Register your LG Product on the company’s website to save your product information for the future. When you need to make a claim, simply access your online account.
How long is the LG refrigerator warranty?
LG refrigerators come with a five-year warranty for cooling (sealed) system components and a 10-year parts and five-year labor warranty for the linear/inverter compressor. All other noncooling system parts come with a one-year parts and labor warranty.
How do I contact LG support?
You can contact LG support through the company’s website or by calling its customer service team.

Are LG Refrigerators good?

LG is a leader in appliances and pairs innovative kitchen technologies with modern designs to provide state-of-the-art refrigerators that look as good as they perform. LG refrigerators are ideal for people who have a more flexible budget and prioritize their refrigerator's design and functionality over its cost.

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: June 14, 2021

I was so excited about getting the French door, two drawer model. I have two complaints. First one is the shelves. I have more tall bottles than the fridge accommodates, then there is a short space behind that I can set something in but you have to remove the tall bottles to get to it. The main complaint is the icemaker. The ice balls come out great, it makes 3 a day, however the crushed and cubed work for about a week then nothing for a week then suddenly it's working again.

We called customer service they referred us to the local technician who apparently hates his job. He would not even come out to look at the problem. He said he would order a new icemaker. At this time the fridge was only 3 weeks old. We had to keep calling him back to check on the new part. Then he never came out with the part until after the 3rd time he said he would come. Then he wouldn't speak to us. After about a month the icemaker quit for a week then started up again and so on. I ordered ice trays on Amazon. No way we will deal with that repairman again. And when he did come out we were really nice and friendly I even told him a few jokes and he totally ignored me. We bought it through Costco.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

LG 36" stainless steel French door with internal cold water dispenser, 2 lower pullout drawers, one with an ice dispenser. Well built and reasonably priced. Quiet and roomy. Good lighting inside. Plastic drawers inside could be a little sturdier.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Ours has the freezer on the bottom with a single door for the refrigerator on top. We love this layout as it is easy to see what is in both. The clear glass shelves also help in this. It is easily big enough for us and will hold the large amounts of food when we cook in advance. The door shelves are big enough to hold 2 liter bottles as well as many smaller bottles.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I bought a side by side LG and it's been A problems with the ice maker every month plus if you store items on the left side everything freezes overnight.. this was a big mistake.. I walk into a sale and got hosed.. I have had work orders for the past 3 years on this appliance.. nothing they can do... I just bought the wrong name brand... big mistake! Please read up on your appliance before you buy.. or you will be stuck as hard as I have been stuck.. I have lost more food items than anyone could believe.. please do not buy any LG Appliances.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

One of the best refrigerators money can buy. Very well designed to use every cubic inch space that’s available. When you try to store something, you approach wondering if it will fit, and it always fits in the intended space. One can never go wrong with this model from LG. My family loves it. Had to wait for 4 days to get it delivered from Costco. Well worth the wait. It’s been working very well for almost a year now. Waited this long to give my true impressions after using it.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Srinivasan. Thank you for your feedback. If you have any issues, please reach out to us.

LG

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Bought a new LG Refrigerator about 2yrs ago and since June have had nothing but problems..First the compressor went and I lost $500 in food plus paid for labour to replace ($400). Now it is not working again (3 mos later) and it is out again ($350. in food lost)..Worst purchase ever!!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I have owned an LG refrigerator for five years, and have now had 3 times where it stopped sufficiently cooling due to a well known issue with the compressor and other internal components. There is even a class action lawsuit that covers numerous models. Part of the class-action lawsuit requires them to extend the warranty up to 5 years. Since I am now about 7 months past that 5 years warranty, LG will cover the parts to repair, but not the labor. Since the repair is quite involved, it is expensive and therefore not worth it, especially since this would have been the THIRD time to replace the compressor and other parts, and there is no guarantee it would be a durable repair.

If the third failure of the compressor had happened just 7 months earlier, I would have been entitled, per the terms of the settlement, to compensation. I realize at this point LG is not obligated to do anything beyond the terms of the class action settlement, but it is infuriating to me that a company would produce a product like this, need to have a class action lawsuit to do right by its customers, and seems content to leave me with a product they know is faulty and refuse to take responsibility based essentially on a technicality. It's disgraceful. Avoid LG products. This is a nightmare.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I bought LG model LMXS28626S on July 2018 because it was nice looking. On Aug. 9, 2021, it no longer cooling. I called customer service and at first she said I should pay. I insisted that it seems it is a compressor problem and the warranty for it is 5 years parts and labor. From where I live there was only 2 repair shop that was listed in the LG website, but only 1 answered. The technician installed a new universal compressor that was so loud. It turned out it was not configured correctly. The technician came back and I think tried but he just messed it up and it died.

I searched for help and found a write up about LG and I am not alone. It seems that LG has a reputation on Bad product and customer service. I read that I can call executive services. I was able to talk to a person in executive services. I told her the technician they sent seems to not know how to fix my refrigerator. She said that she will set up an A&E technician. After 1 month on Sept. 8, the technician will come. If you want to have the chance to have this same BAD experience, then go ahead and buy an LG.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

My LG refrigerator stopped working on April 16, 2021, it was shy of 10 years. Called customer service and had to wait for 10 days for the tech to arrive. I was given a $150 for the food that had to be discarded but the inconvenience was greater. The tech replaced the compressor, direr main board, compressor board, condenser and it started to work, I was charged $400 odd dollars for services. The fridge worked for just about one and a half months and died again. Once again my food went bad and I was given 10 days waiting period for a tech. I was not refunded the services charges even though the fridge lasted just a couple of weeks after the initial services. I went ahead and bought a GE refrigerator as I no longer wanted to deal with LG.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I bought the LG LSXS26326 refrigerator in the 2015 with a 10 compressor warranty. The compressor failed 2021. When I contacted LG I was told by LG that they do not have service techs in the area. Three week wait just to get a third-party service company to do diagnostics, then the part can be ordered, which has a 3-5 business day turn around time. Multiple service companies refused to do LG service work. The LG service website lists available service providers in the area, but upon contact they all stated they no longer support LG warranty or service work. I will never buy another LG product.

LG Refrigerators Company Information