LG Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options
Cons
  • Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Featured Reviews

Verified
Prairieville, LA

I have always enjoyed LG electronics and products and have never heard negative feedback. All lg products that I have owned have all lasted as long as they were guaranteed to last...

Verified
Killeen, TX

I was on a very tight budget but I also wanted a fridge that stuck out on the kitchen. I like the fact that it has temperature control and an ice maker. It keeps time and also has...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

LG Refrigerator models

From basic top- or bottom-freezer models to industry-leading smart technologies, LG offers fridges for multiple budgets and lifestyles. Its main styles include:

• Top freezer: Freezer with door on the top
  • Bottom freezer: Pull-out freezer on the bottom
  • Side-by-side: Vertical refrigerator and freezer next to each other
  • French door: Double-door refrigerator models with a freezer door on the bottom
  • Door-in-door: More storage with extra doors for sauces, drinks and more
  • Smart/Wi-Fi enabled: App connectivity and screen view

LG’s ThinQ App lets you control and manage your appliances. The app’s features include notifications for an open door and the ability to activate the energy-saving mode.

LG refrigerators are available at a variety of retailers, including The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart. You can also buy LG refrigerators through its online site, which lets you easily compare different models and prices to find the best one for your needs and budget.

LG Refrigerator prices

LG’s refrigerators cost varies based on the model and features you’re interested in. Below, we charted out the cost ranges for some of LG’s popular styles.

StylePrice range
Top freezer$899 - $1,499
Bottom freezer$1,169 - $1,799
Side-by-side$1,221 - $1,899
French door$1,221 - $2,849
Door-in-door$1,299 - $4,399
Smart/Wi-Fi enabled$3,779 - $7,999

LG Refrigerator FAQ

How long do LG refrigerators last?

LG states its refrigerators should have about a 20-year lifespan.

Are there any recalls on LG refrigerators?

Yes, there is a current recall of approximately 20,000 LG and Kenmore Elite Trio three-door refrigerators.

How do I claim my LG warranty?

Register your LG Product on the company’s website to save your product information for the future. When you need to make a claim, simply access your online account.

How long is the LG refrigerator warranty?

LG refrigerators come with a five-year warranty for cooling (sealed) system components and a 10-year parts and five-year labor warranty for the linear/inverter compressor. All other noncooling system parts come with a one-year parts and labor warranty.

How do I contact LG support?

You can contact LG support through the company’s website or by calling its customer service team.

Are LG Refrigerators good?

LG is a leader in appliances and pairs innovative kitchen technologies with modern designs to provide state-of-the-art refrigerators that look as good as they perform. LG refrigerators are ideal for people who have a more flexible budget and prioritize their refrigerator's design and functionality over its cost.

LG Refrigerators Reviews

Stars Rating

• 5%
  • 9%
  • 2%
  • 3%
  • 81%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Reviewed June 15, 2024

I bought a new LG French door model. Yes it looks good but it's a piece of junk. I bought it from Lowe's and they won't help. My problem is it takes 3hrs to make one tray of ice. I gave it the time required to set itself. I also reset the ice maker and still it takes 3hrs for a tray of ice (12 cubes). I should have just kept my old Whirlpool. It made a lot of ice. And it was 15yrs old. It's 110 degs and we need ice. LG is sending a tech to look at the problem in 3weeks. I refuse to ever buy there trash. Save yourself the aggravation. Buy a whirlpool fridge.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 13, 2024

Customer Service is bad, technicians not diagnosing the correct issue and resolving it. Whenever they attend an issue, they ask to call them directly rather raising ticket. They don't have enough knowledge to diagnose the side-by-side knock knock insta view model.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Price

Reviewed June 9, 2024

Bought new in March 2022. 13 months later it stopped cooling and lost all of our food. They tried to charge me because it only has a 12 month warranty. They finally fixed it for free. May 2024 the same code showed as a year ago and I contacted LG that made a ticket but now it’s no longer cooling and same code is showing. Lost all my food again.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 9, 2024

This is for my Service Request No. **. I raised the request for my non-working Refrigerator on 30th May 2024 and your representative visited on 31st May 2024 after giving multiple reminders and making numerous calls as request. He diagnosed that the compressor of the refrigerator is not working and it will take some time to arrange the compressor and since then we have been literally begging you to arrange the part as this is peak summer season and managing without a working fridge is almost impossible.

Your service engineer visited yesterday i.e. on 8th June 2024 again after numerous requests but this time he diagnosed that the valve of the refrigerator is to be replaced for which he additionally asked for 3-4 more days and mentioned that changing it will be an affair of approx... 5000-6000 INR. If the value is to be replaced then why did the first service engineer diagnosed a non-working compressor?

Your team has been very inconsistent since the start and now I can confidently say that your service is one the worst that I have ever experienced throughout my life. I am definitely no longer a LG customer now and I will also ensure that none of my near and dear ones goes for LG products from now on. I have lost all trust that I had on your brand initially!! Thanks.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 4, 2024

We bought an LG model LF30S8210S.ASTCNA0, serial #308KRKSL3797 from Costco at the beginning of the year (six months ago). The unit was fine in the beginning but would shut itself off occasionally. That began within a month of buying the unit. I'd check the breaker and it was fine. I'd unplugged the fridge and plugged it back in and it would work. The fridge self powering down was happening more and more. Then one day it began to blow the breaker. I followed the instructions of the LG people and noted you could hear a sizzling sound from the plug when it was plugged in. That began in month three of ownership.

I called for service. Service number one happened and the guy told me it was my outlet. We called our electrician and they checked the wiring. This is a dedicated refrigerator circuit put in by these guys, one of the top electrical companies in our area. The electricians changed out the breaker and outlet at my request (and my cost). Result, the sizzling was still there and the circuit would blow. Service number. I received a board at my house and the LG techs showed up to replace it. They went through a litany of tests and called a senior tech at LG during the service call. It was on speaker phone and I could hear the whole thing. They couldn't figure it out and told me it was the electrical system in my building. I called the electricians back and they have no idea what LG is talking about. Everything looks and tests out perfectly.

At this point the fridge doesn't respond at all even with the new board and LG is insisting it's my building's fault. I'm in the middle of round three and I'm getting texts requesting all the information they already have. This is a run a round and it gotten old. The issue is LG has clearly put in a crap power supply but is trying to blame me for their failed product engineering. At this point I don't know if I'm just stuck with this boat anchor and out the money or what but it's been a very negative experience for my family and myself. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM LG. I also recommend dumping Costco, they no longer stand behind what they sell.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

In 2023 I purchased a refrigerator/freezer LG LRFDS3016S ThinQ. So far, less than a year got replaced the craft ice unit, recently started making a very loud knocking sound when trying to release craft ice that the unit is not longer making, and today 06/04/2024 the freezer is not longer working. The service wait is 6 days. Am I supposed to have a backup refrigerator to account for this? We paid over $2,000.00 for this bad quality product. I am fairly new using this brand, started switching from a terrible quality Maytag brand to LG thinking that I was going to have a better experienced and Lord I was wrong. I hope this review helps you to avoid headaches, frustration, and helps you keeping your money in your pocket.

Price

Reviewed June 1, 2024

I bought an LG Double Door Refrigerator back on 9/15/2016 from Best Buy. Three years into my warranty the compressor failed and a replacement was done. Five years later my compressor has failed again. Now, I am outside of my warranty from Best Buy, but I still have the ten year manufacturer’s warranty. So I contacted LG to have it replaced with the understanding that I would have to pay the cost for the labor. To my surprise the labor cost to make the repair is almost $500, which is absurd! They are adding other parts and the cost of a diagnostic test which has already been done by Best Buy. Also, it is about the same cost of the compressor.

After telling them the diagnostic has already been done by Best Buy, I was told it didn’t matter and that it is a set price. Best Buy only charges $149.99 for the labor cost to replace the compressors in their other brands, but unfortunately, the LG Compressors have to be done by an LG Authorized Repair Service, which by the way, charges the same cost because of LG. If this is the kind of service that LG provides, I won’t be buying another LG product.

Reviewed May 26, 2024

I bought a LRMXC2206S refrigerator/freezer and the ice maker went out right after the 1 year warranty. I will not buy another LG appliance and recommend others to definitely not buy a refrigerator from LG.

Reviewed May 22, 2024

I own an LG Refrigerator, purchased in July 2022, Model Number SRFVC2406S /01. I shows a recurring error code FF E. I've called LG repeatedly to get it fixed. I've notified LG repeatedly using their LGThinq app. They keep telling me to do a manual defrost. I've done it. It doesn't work. This fridge retailed for $4,000.00. The fridge never worked correctly.

Reviewed May 21, 2024

Very bad customer care service. We got a premium side by side door refrigerator. After 8 months it stopped working.. After repeated talks with customer care for the 15 days, still no hope of success… We are in deep regret of purchasing.

LG Refrigerators Company Information