1.3/5 (78 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

Cons

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Bottom Line

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

Top LG Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have always enjoyed LG electronics and products and have never heard negative feedback. All lg products that I have owned have all lasted as long as they were guaranteed to last...

Verified

I was on a very tight budget but I also wanted a fridge that stuck out on the kitchen. I like the fact that it has temperature control and an ice maker. It keeps time and also has...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerator models

From basic top- or bottom-freezer models to industry-leading smart technologies, LG offers fridges for multiple budgets and lifestyles. Its main styles include:

• Top freezer: Freezer with door on the top
  • Bottom freezer: Pull-out freezer on the bottom
  • Side-by-side: Vertical refrigerator and freezer next to each other
  • French door: Double-door refrigerator models with a freezer door on the bottom
  • Door-in-door: More storage with extra doors for sauces, drinks and more
  • Smart/Wi-Fi enabled: App connectivity and screen view

LG’s ThinQ App lets you control and manage your appliances. The app’s features include notifications for an open door and the ability to activate the energy-saving mode.

LG refrigerators are available at a variety of retailers, including The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart. You can also buy LG refrigerators through its online site, which lets you easily compare different models and prices to find the best one for your needs and budget.

LG Refrigerator prices

LG’s refrigerators cost varies based on the model and features you’re interested in. Below, we charted out the cost ranges for some of LG’s popular styles.

StylePrice range
Top freezer$899 - $1,499
Bottom freezer$1,169 - $1,799
Side-by-side$1,221 - $1,899
French door$1,221 - $2,849
Door-in-door$1,299 - $4,399
Smart/Wi-Fi enabled$3,779 - $7,999

LG Refrigerator FAQ

How long do LG refrigerators last?
LG states its refrigerators should have about a 20-year lifespan.
Are there any recalls on LG refrigerators?
Yes, there is a current recall of approximately 20,000 LG and Kenmore Elite Trio three-door refrigerators.
How do I claim my LG warranty?
Register your LG Product on the company’s website to save your product information for the future. When you need to make a claim, simply access your online account.
How long is the LG refrigerator warranty?
LG refrigerators come with a five-year warranty for cooling (sealed) system components and a 10-year parts and five-year labor warranty for the linear/inverter compressor. All other noncooling system parts come with a one-year parts and labor warranty.
How do I contact LG support?
You can contact LG support through the company’s website or by calling its customer service team.

Are LG Refrigerators good?

LG is a leader in appliances and pairs innovative kitchen technologies with modern designs to provide state-of-the-art refrigerators that look as good as they perform. LG refrigerators are ideal for people who have a more flexible budget and prioritize their refrigerator's design and functionality over its cost.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I have been looking for a new refrigerator/freezer unit for some time in anticipation in placing it in our new house. This unit fulfills all of our needs, it allows my wife to look in the freezer and look at everything at a glance instead of searching like she had to in our old one. The refrigerator portion is much more spacious and we have yet to fill it up yet. What I like is the ice and water dispenser on the outside of the unit, it is able to take my water bottles with room to spare instead of angling them in and getting ice and water all over the place.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

French door, bottom freezer. Freezer space very good & easy to use with drawer providing better access. Door for milk and other items reduces times opening refrigerator. Would prefer two larger veggie drawers instead of three. Has larger meat drawer at bottom which allows for many shaped items. Just check local area for repair centers just in case something may need to be repaired for any brand appliance purchased.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

LG refrigerator is very good and one of the best in the country. It is reliable because I have used one of it and it has helped me a lot. It has five years warranty which consumers can used the product free of charge and go for refund if the consumer wants. It life span is higher and does not consume energy. LG is international known and it can be seen in all part of the continent. The product is good for everybody including low income household.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I bought a 4 door LG refrigerator. It's a French door on top with 2 freeze drawers in the bottom. I paid about $50 more to get a counter depth which is fantastic for the space in my modular home with an air vent in front of the space. This model has plenty of space in the refrigerator compartment. It looks like changing the water filter will be easy and convenient.

It does have a drawer at the bottom which is nice but it would have been a better design if it would slide out when only one door is open on the refrigerator. You have to have both doors open to utilize the space. The same with the right side drawer that holds produce. You can't get it open all the way before the left edge hits the center strip of the left side French door. I have only had it a month so will have to do another review after 5 years. This LG is a replacement for a 4 1/2 year Samsung that had constant problems with the ice maker freezing up.. I Will never buy Samsung products again. Their Customer Service is atrocious.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Bought a new LG Refrigerator about 2yrs ago and since June have had nothing but problems..First the compressor went and I lost $500 in food plus paid for labour to replace ($400). Now it is not working again (3 mos later) and it is out again ($350. in food lost)..Worst purchase ever!!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

Trying to have refrigerator repairs done under warranty has been an exercise in frustration and has been an utter waste of time. Repair technicians and customer service personnel did not communicate with me appropriately regarding their ability to honor the scheduled repair time. In addition, the repair appointment was scheduled before the required parts were even available. The repair technician didn't show up when he was supposed to and no one contacted me about his inability to make the appointment. He was supposed to call back before the end of the day, and I received no call.

Only upon calling the next day was I able to find out that the replacement part was not even available since it wasn't ordered until the day before the service appointment. I've had to delay vacation and take time off work just to try to accommodate the service appointment for having the refrigerator fixed under warranty. I'm very disappointed with this service and vow to never purchase another LG product in my lifetime. The company seems to take pride in their ratings for customer satisfaction and warranties, so it's surprising that they would allow this to happen.

Original review: July 30, 2022

We purchased a condo with all new LG appliances (refrigerator, gas oven/stove, dishwasher and microwave). The appliances are now 3.5 years old. We have had to replace the microwave and now the refrigerator. LG won't back the 5 year warranty on the refrigerator because we weren't the original buyer. We have all the original paperwork but it doesn't matter. A convenient way for LG to get out of the warranty coverage. We have also had major repairs to the dishwasher. I will never buy any LG product again.

Original review: July 21, 2022

Bought this fridge due to consumer reports highest rating. I really wish I did some research beyond that! LG has a long history of Compressors going out. So much so that they extend their warranty to 5 years. Fine. Mine goes out in 3 years. Fine. Here’s the kicker. The worst customer service ever. Additionally they only have one company to do the repairs in the entire Denver Metro Area. Fine. Company has now completely blown us off for two days. No shows for their service. I read that company’s reviews. I’m not the only one. It’s a thing with them to just not show up. Long story short. Please! Stay clear of LG Refrigerators. I really wish I had.

Resolution response: July 28, 2022

With the help of the BBB, LG sent a service company to repair my refrigerator on July 27. A new compressor was installed and the fridge is now working. LG honored their warranty and the repair was made at no cost to me. I only hope the new compressor will last longer and that LG's customer service's telephone responses improve.

Original review: July 18, 2022

My four year old LG French Door Freezer failed. All my food was spoiled. LG customer is very difficult to contact. But when I finally spoke with them they said it sounds like a compressor and it is warranted. I contacted the names of the service providers they recommended. All these companies said they would not perform LG warranty work because of the lack of timely payment. I again called LG customer service and requested an in house technician and was told none were available and to go back to their recommended service providers with a APN or approval number. I tried this but numerous service providers said no way on LG warranty work. So I seem to have no freezer and no way to have warranted work performed. I can in no way recommend LG as an appliance provider.

Original review: July 15, 2022

We bought top of the line appliances from LG in 2018. From day 1 we've had problems. This review is about the refrigerator issue that has been going on. The compressor (10 year) went out 2 weeks ago. Customer service is of no help as they shuffled my repair appointment twice. Now I'm not even on the service eschedule. I spent 7 hours on the phone with them trying to get a resolution. This billion dollar company kept shuffling me around in circles.

The unit is 4 years old, which to my understanding is the longevity of their appliances. Of course I bought the 3 year extra warranty, but conveniently, the unit breaks down after the warranty period is up. LG has given me no support, nor have held up their end of consumer to manufacturer deal. We gave them all the money requested for the product, now they won't stand behind the junk they're selling. Under any circumstances, DO NOT BUY LG PRODUCTS. They look nice, but in the short run, they're junk. In the long run, they'll probably end up in the ocean, polluting it even further. BUY AMERICAN!!!!

LG Refrigerators Company Information