Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Refrigerators

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Pros

• Beautiful designs
  • Wi-Fi and app accessibility
  • Innovative features
  • Multiple options

Cons

• Expensive
  • Multiple recalls

Bottom Line

LG is an award-winning technology company that produces innovative and modern refrigerators. While its products can be pricey, the advanced technology and sleek design set LG’s products apart.

Top LG Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have always enjoyed LG electronics and products and have never heard negative feedback. All lg products that I have owned have all lasted as long as they were guaranteed to last...

Verified

I was on a very tight budget but I also wanted a fridge that stuck out on the kitchen. I like the fact that it has temperature control and an ice maker. It keeps time and also has...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerator models

From basic top- or bottom-freezer models to industry-leading smart technologies, LG offers fridges for multiple budgets and lifestyles. Its main styles include:

• Top freezer: Freezer with door on the top
  • Bottom freezer: Pull-out freezer on the bottom
  • Side-by-side: Vertical refrigerator and freezer next to each other
  • French door: Double-door refrigerator models with a freezer door on the bottom
  • Door-in-door: More storage with extra doors for sauces, drinks and more
  • Smart/Wi-Fi enabled: App connectivity and screen view

LG’s ThinQ App lets you control and manage your appliances. The app’s features include notifications for an open door and the ability to activate the energy-saving mode.

LG refrigerators are available at a variety of retailers, including The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart. You can also buy LG refrigerators through its online site, which lets you easily compare different models and prices to find the best one for your needs and budget.

LG Refrigerator prices

LG’s refrigerators cost varies based on the model and features you’re interested in. Below, we charted out the cost ranges for some of LG’s popular styles.

StylePrice range
Top freezer$899 - $1,499
Bottom freezer$1,169 - $1,799
Side-by-side$1,221 - $1,899
French door$1,221 - $2,849
Door-in-door$1,299 - $4,399
Smart/Wi-Fi enabled$3,779 - $7,999

LG Refrigerator FAQ

How long do LG refrigerators last?
LG states its refrigerators should have about a 20-year lifespan.
Are there any recalls on LG refrigerators?
Yes, there is a current recall of approximately 20,000 LG and Kenmore Elite Trio three-door refrigerators.
How do I claim my LG warranty?
Register your LG Product on the company’s website to save your product information for the future. When you need to make a claim, simply access your online account.
How long is the LG refrigerator warranty?
LG refrigerators come with a five-year warranty for cooling (sealed) system components and a 10-year parts and five-year labor warranty for the linear/inverter compressor. All other noncooling system parts come with a one-year parts and labor warranty.
How do I contact LG support?
You can contact LG support through the company’s website or by calling its customer service team.

Are LG Refrigerators good?

LG is a leader in appliances and pairs innovative kitchen technologies with modern designs to provide state-of-the-art refrigerators that look as good as they perform. LG refrigerators are ideal for people who have a more flexible budget and prioritize their refrigerator's design and functionality over its cost.

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: June 14, 2021

I was so excited about getting the French door, two drawer model. I have two complaints. First one is the shelves. I have more tall bottles than the fridge accommodates, then there is a short space behind that I can set something in but you have to remove the tall bottles to get to it. The main complaint is the icemaker. The ice balls come out great, it makes 3 a day, however the crushed and cubed work for about a week then nothing for a week then suddenly it's working again.

We called customer service they referred us to the local technician who apparently hates his job. He would not even come out to look at the problem. He said he would order a new icemaker. At this time the fridge was only 3 weeks old. We had to keep calling him back to check on the new part. Then he never came out with the part until after the 3rd time he said he would come. Then he wouldn't speak to us. After about a month the icemaker quit for a week then started up again and so on. I ordered ice trays on Amazon. No way we will deal with that repairman again. And when he did come out we were really nice and friendly I even told him a few jokes and he totally ignored me. We bought it through Costco.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

LG 36" stainless steel French door with internal cold water dispenser, 2 lower pullout drawers, one with an ice dispenser. Well built and reasonably priced. Quiet and roomy. Good lighting inside. Plastic drawers inside could be a little sturdier.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Ours has the freezer on the bottom with a single door for the refrigerator on top. We love this layout as it is easy to see what is in both. The clear glass shelves also help in this. It is easily big enough for us and will hold the large amounts of food when we cook in advance. The door shelves are big enough to hold 2 liter bottles as well as many smaller bottles.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I bought a side by side LG and it's been A problems with the ice maker every month plus if you store items on the left side everything freezes overnight.. this was a big mistake.. I walk into a sale and got hosed.. I have had work orders for the past 3 years on this appliance.. nothing they can do... I just bought the wrong name brand... big mistake! Please read up on your appliance before you buy.. or you will be stuck as hard as I have been stuck.. I have lost more food items than anyone could believe.. please do not buy any LG Appliances.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

One of the best refrigerators money can buy. Very well designed to use every cubic inch space that’s available. When you try to store something, you approach wondering if it will fit, and it always fits in the intended space. One can never go wrong with this model from LG. My family loves it. Had to wait for 4 days to get it delivered from Costco. Well worth the wait. It’s been working very well for almost a year now. Waited this long to give my true impressions after using it.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Srinivasan. Thank you for your feedback. If you have any issues, please reach out to us.

LG

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Day one of new refrigerator, frost is accumulating on the top of the bottom freezer and the bottom of the top freezer. Waited 4 months to report this thinking it would fix itself.... I will keep you informed, repair man said has ordered a new seal the the freezer.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I had a high regard for LG prior to this experience. Indeed, we have many LG items in our home. Now, our refrigerator has failed with a known fault and is not yet being fixed. We had a service appointment today which they cancelled. Rescheduled for 3 weeks later. That will be a month with no refrigerator. We bought what we thought was a high end refrigerator and it has worked great for a short time, but then just quit cooling. LG has been less than exemplary on fixing it. This is a very bad move, company wise. I now have a totally negative impression of LG and any of their products. I will NEVER buy another LG product. I just don't trust them anymore. We have to wait a full month without a refrigerator to find out if our refrigerator will even be fixed. Last LG item of any kind I will ever buy.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

LG kitchen appliance buyer please beware. Based on my experience, any potential buyer should do research on the dependability of the product and the customer experience comments when something does not work like it should. We purchased the French door refrigerator in November 2019. We started having a problem with the freezer compartment getting too warm in April 2021. This is October 2, 2021 and the problem still exists.

The customer service department scheduled repairs. Nine technicians from two different companies have worked on the refrigerator. Many components have been replaced including thermostats, rear cover panel and the mother board that controls everything. The problem revolves around the defrost cycle and the unit not being able to recover from defrosting. The compartment gets too warm, 41 degrees. The refrigerator compartment also gets to 41 degrees. Multiple times everything in the freezer has thawed and turned to liquid. Ice melts in the ice dispenser and runs on the floor. The issue has been escalated 4 times now. Three of those have been to the Defective Returns Department. They rejected the claim first due to “improper submission of the claim by their representative” and a second time because “the person handling the claim no longer works for the company”.

I have emailed the President twice without a response even though his webpage says he will respond. My experience has been extremely poor and I still have a defective refrigerator. For $3,100 I expected a unit that would perform and last for a number of years. The company has no doubt spent near that amount of failed repair attempts. I’ve been told that my unit qualifies for either replacement or refund due to the number of repairs and due to the failure of the company to schedule repair within 14 days. This problem is a nightmare and has no resolution within sight. Life’s Not So Good with this kind of customer service and a company that does not stand behind its product. Buyer beware!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

My age 97 mother’s compressor died on Christmas Eve-she lost all her holiday foods. It’s been 9 months of calls to Presidential LG & promises with No Food Loss Compensation on 4 yr. old unit. Theft

Resolution response: Oct. 7, 2021

After an extremely difficult process of escalations and multiple hours on hold, multiple departments, LG did decide to repair my fridge and it's operating as it should for a couple of days now, fingers crossed. I am upping my rating from 2 to 4 stars and hope this new compressor lasts a few years. The next statement is all hypothetical - If this compressor breaks again in a few years, my faith in LG refrigerators will forever be lost as these are supposed to be new and updated compressors.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

This review is for LG LFX28968ST French door model with a linear compressor whose last four letters/model number end with LANA. Looks like I missed the lawsuit window as mine was purchased in 2013. The fridge had icemaker issues (bad design) throughout the life of usage. Overall a good looking fridge and this compressor failure and follow on process with LG customer service has made me rethink this company. Let's see, LG TV won't be replaced with LG, Washer and Dryer, I will take my business elsewhere, AC unit, never again. LG could have done the right thing and compensated me somehow but they chose not to. I have a great looking fridge but it doesn't perform its basic function due to a badly designed compressor.

Not one single tech is willing to come out and the ones that do want $1000 to fix it in the Chicago area. LG customer service is silent and all they do is keep sending me 5 techs in my area. I even said to provide me the parts and I will find a handy guy who can help me install it (I am quite familiar with the dangers of R134a to the environment and want someone to recover it and do it right). I am tired of hearing all of these manufacturers don't build them like they used to but LG's reputation on its linear compressors has suffered and they're not doing anything about it. Well, customer service is what differentiates you and LG is not doing that. Your move LG. I leave it to you if you want to retain me as a customer but do it quickly.

LG Refrigerators Company Information