Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
LG Dryers
3.55/5

LG Dryers

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dryers Reviews

Original review: April 18, 2012

The LG gas dryer that I purchased from Best Buy on 11/26/2011 and didn't receive until 12/1/2011, has been out of service since 4/3/2012, because the dryer is not igniting. I called Best Buy and because I didn't purchase "their" black tie warranty and it has been past their 30 day exchange period, Best Buy will not exchange my dryer.

I called LG. They referred me to A-Reliable Appliance Service out of Chattanooga, TN. I called A-Reliable (what a joke) on 4/3/12, scheduled appointment for 4/5/12 and they ended up coming on 4/4/12 to see what was wrong with my dryer. A-Reliable ordered parts and replaced on 4/10/12. I work Mon-Fri 8-5, 30 minutes from home. I have to arrange for someone to meet them at my home for repairs. My mother-in-law met the service tech for them to repair my dryer.

The service tech replaced sensor and thermostat valve, the dryer was still not heating after 15 min. of running and the tech left my home without dryer working saying that it was fixed. I'm no genius but I can figure out that if a gas dryer is not hot after 15 min. of running, that obviously it's not fixed. I called A-Reliable on 4/11/12. I was advised by Larry that his service tech was going back and forth with LG trying to figure out what is wrong with my dryer. I called Larry on 4/12/12, still same response. I called Larry on 4/13/12, still same response.

I called LG. I was advised that A-Reliable Service had not been in contact with them since 4/10/12. I was told that they were supposed to have replaced an electronic control panel which was not done by A-Reliable. I asked about the manufacturer's exchange and was informed that the service provider had to do what they were informed to do before that would even be considered. A-Reliable was to call me on 4/16/12, to advise when they would be out to fix my dryer. Guess what, no call. I gave them benefit of the doubt. I called Larry at A-Reliable on 4/17/12. Part was still not in, it should be there today. They will call me back to let me know, no call. Morning of 4/18/12, I called Larry at A-Reliable and part still not in should be there today. I called LG customer service and spoke with a representative. They called Larry at A-Reliable Appliance Service and found out that the part has not even been ordered.

I have been lied to by Larry at A-Reliable Appliance Service since 4/11/12. This is ridiculous. A-Reliable is causing LG to lose customers because of the simple fact that they are not responsible or knowledgeable in repairing appliances. I filed a formal complaint with LG. I spoke with an executive service representative to advise the situation. She advises me that she will address this problem and get back with me and resolve the problem with the dryer that is not working!

Original review: March 6, 2012

I bought an LG dryer 4 years ago and have already had it repaired twice. Only once was it under warranty. Now, my dryer was making large clunky sounds as it turned. I called the repair company that was used under the warranty and they came out to look at it. They found the drum to be cracked at the weld. I looked that up on the internet and found several other complaints for the same problem. Well, I immediately called customer service and talked with them. The gentleman I talked to said that he would email me the paperwork so that I could make a claim. Well, the email came in without a claim number which I needed to attach the pictures and original purchase receipt. Well, the email came without a claim number.

I emailed them back and was told I needed to call customer service. Two days later, I get a phone call telling me that they wouldn’t cover the cost of a new drum because I already had it replaced. Mind you, this was two weeks after the initial call. Well, needless to say, they refused to reimburse me because I didn’t want to wait for them to send one of their repair people out to look at it so they could charge me another $80.00 just to look at it on top of the $50.00 already paid to another company to find the problem. For supposed to be top-of-the-line appliances, they are nothing but problems. I would not recommend buying any LG appliances whatsoever.

Original review: March 6, 2012

We purchased our set (LG Tromm DLG8388NM Washer and Dryer) in 2006 and for the first two years, everything seemed to work well. But now, the washer leaks, the drum is corroded with black disgusting gunk that is difficult to get to let alone clean. The clothes stink even after washing them twice, with bleach and fabric softener. The dryer spins but there aren’t any heat. We spent over $2,500 on the set from Home Depot and have been disappointed to say the least.

We also had a bad experience with an LG dishwasher and refrigerator. Both had to be replaced a year after purchase. We spent a total of $6,500 on LG products and they have not lived up to their Life's Good name. My suggestion is not to roll the dice with any of their products because you will be angry and frustrated.

Original review: March 3, 2012

My drum cracked like a lot of others did along the front seam. I ignored it for awhile until the noise got too loud. I took the drum out. If you do this, keep track of the sequence that the parts came off and what screws go where. It's not that hard to do. I cut a thin piece of sheet metal to cover the crack and along the outer rim of the drum, drilled 5/32 holes and pop riveted in place. I ground down the pop rivets so they wouldn't catch on the clothes. The dryer is back in service and the total cost for the repair was $2.75. But have no doubt about it, LG products are nothing but cheap overpriced junk. Do not buy!

Original review: March 1, 2012

LG Dryer: Very disappointing. It's less than 7 years old, and it requires a new motor. There are only two of us, so it doesn't get hard use. I thought I was buying quality and dependability. I was wrong.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2012

I also bought a pair of LG appliances (washer and dryer). What a mistake, to say the least. I cannot even find service for these appliances in my area, due to the low quality of this product. It takes 3 cycles of 1:10 minutes to dry a normal load of clothes. I have to add vinegar to a load of sweats, to help with the smell. That is on top of a fabric softener. My towels also smell horrible, after washing and drying. My units are less tan 5 years old, and I have wasted over $2,000 on these low performance items. My life Is not good with these LG appliances.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2012

My LG TROMM gas dryer I bought 2005, just burned up last night. It was a fire that started where the gas line connector is. The dryer had only been running for about 20-30 minutes. Luckily, I happened to go into the laundry room and stop it! We could have lost everything. Also, the dryer never worked very well. It took 90 minutes to dry a regular load of towels.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2012

I purchased the item on May 28, 2010. Now, when I use it, I smell gas. I made a call to the Gas Company to check the line. It turns out the dryer is malfunctioning. This product isn't even two years old yet. I spent $600 on this appliance. What a waste of money! On top of it, the first customer service representative wasted a week of my time. They had me fax (to the wrong number) a form from the Gas Company confirming that it is an appliance malfunction. I called back only to find out that I need to either have an LG certified appliance repair shop fix it, or requested an extended warranty from LG. I will never buy a product from this company again. $600 did not even reached two years worth of use. Unacceptable and horrible customer service on top of it!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2012

My LG dryer will not spin, it just hums when 'start' is pushed. It turns out that LG poorly designed the motor. The switch on the motor is not being made because some idiot put hard springs on soft aluminum and they wore through and fell off. The only thing can be done is replace the motor at a cost of $350. Also, the thing does not dry that well either when it is working. Don't by LG-- piece of junk.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2012

When a sheet is drying in the dryer, it wraps itself into a big tube and rolls around the drum that way. The outside becomes bone-dry; the inside remains wet. LG says that's the way the dryer works. To improve the situation, I should go to the dryer when it happens, open the door, pull out and shake out the sheet, put it back in and begin drying again. Within a very few minutes, the sheet becomes a tube again! Do not buy an LG dryer!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2012

We also purchased LG washer/dryer, high end stainless steel. Washer is ok but we have experienced same problems as many others. The dryer LG Tromm DLE3777W never dried clothes correctly. It takes 90 minutes to dry an average load of clothes. An "energy star" product it is not. The repair guy gave us the same ** about the vent being dirty or clogged. Never was the case. Actually sounds like the repair guy was reading off a script. The second time to the house, the repair guy stated that the dryer was operating as designed. The real problem is that Home Depot is selling this stuff. Home Depot's reps are promoting this stuff and LG doesn't stand behind their product. Two options: contact the Better Business Bureau in your state (they are usually really good) and the second option is contact your state Attorney General. LG is selling a defective product and that, in every state, is fraud.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2011

LG finally did it! I will never buy anything that says LG on it. My LG Tromm DLE5977S bought at Home Depot and a crake in the stainless steel seam appears to get bigger and noisy. Please help.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2011

I bought LG WM3988HWA washer/dryer combo in 10/2/08, from Overstock.com. It stopped drying and showing FE Error. I paid $89 to diagnose and $960 for changing the bad control board. After many calls, LG now says they cannot extend warranty only because the purchase was from an unauthorized source!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2011

My dryer is only 2 years old, but the drum has a big crack and I can't use it any more. I call to request for service, but they said I have to pay for a replacement of a new drum. What? My question is why do I have to pay for a defective product? That's ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2011

Zero stars would be more like it! I have had an LG Steam Dryer for 2.5 years. It has never worked. I fortunately did purchase the Extended Service Plan from Home Depot. I have had it repaired 6 times and that's 12 service calls. It will heat a little for a few weeks and then stop working all together. The 6th repair, it didn't even heat the day the repair was done. Since then, I've called numerous times and Assurant (the provided for Home Depot's service plan) won't get back to me, won't send anyone to fix it, won't start a claim. I see it falls into the Lemon Law but if they can drag their feet for another month, one of the repairs falls off and then it isn't the Lemon Law any more.

They refuse to do anything to help. I've called Home Depot Corporate to see if they would do anything to help and was told "no, you need to work with Assurant". I have also called the Gas Company to look at it to make sure it was hooked up correctly to begin with. It is hooked up correctly but they said the flame is so huge that it's a total fire hazard and is now completely unhooked. So I'm left with a $1200+ piece of junk and no way to dry any clothes. I will never shop at Home Depot nor will I buy LG anything again. Don't believe reviews that say LG is in the top for dryers because believe me, they are all junk!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2011

After a couple years of normal household use, the stainless drum in the dryer has developed a crack in the weld seam. Considering the cost of the appliance, I find this defect in materials and workmanship unsatisfactory and I advise people against purchasing LG products.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2011

I have a 3 year old washer and dryer, which is nothing but pure junk! Fortunately, I have the 5-year bumper to bumper warranty. I replaced the drum in the dryer 3 times (split twice), and they are coming again to try to correct the heating problem. It takes more than 90 minutes to dry a normal load. The minute it is out of warranty, we are going to buy Maytag.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2011

I would give my LG dryer a zero! I have had my LG washer/dryer for about 5 years now and the dryer drum has cracked. This is crazy. These appliances should last at least 10 to 15 years! I paid over $2200.00 for the pair and I would expect it to last longer! LG should do a recall on these units and replace the dryers stainless steel drum! I will never buy another LG product again! People, you are crazy if you would ever consider buying an LG product. They are junk! I'm not happy!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2011

This morning, my wife started a load of clothes in my 2002 LG Trom front load dryer. I was in the backyard with the dogs. I noticed an electrical burning smell. I ran in the house to see if there was a fire! The dryer was smoking! I turned off the gas and unplugged it. I repair all types of equipment for a living. Upon disassembly, I found that the wires going to the safety temperature switch, on the top of the burner tube, had shorted out where they were rubbing on the gas line.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2011

I bought the LG washer/dryer combo from home depot 2 years ago (DLG2051w,WM2050C). I noticed the clothes were still wet, with a puddle of water on the floor under the washer. The next day, I put a load in the dryer to notice it was not heating at all. $2,000, 2 years, wow! I will never buy anything LG again!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2011

I purchased LG Dryer from Home Depot's stackable option package, yet when service needed on dryer, LG stated that I needed to unstack. Their representatives installed when we purchased, why would I need to unstack. What you pay for is not what you get from the LG product or from the LG Company. They should stand behind what they sell. I wish I had never ever purchased this product.

To anyone considering purchasing, I hope you'll look at the reviews. Do not buy and do not waste your money or time on this product. Look elsewhere for a quality product. I have purchased many items from Home Depot. They need to reconsider offering the LG product in their store. Reputation of products sold by Home Depot is important to customers like myself. Sure it's a LG product, but I bought it from Home Depot. Who get's the bad reputation? They both do, LG and Home Depot.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2011

When I purchased a new home, the LG dryer and washer came with it. I have had numerous problems with the dryer and after each repair, the dryer will work for a while. Slowly, the dryer begins not getting hot enough. I end up having to bring my clothes to a laundromat. I have spent at least $500.00 trying to repair this dryer. The service technicians have come back several times to repair it but each time they fix, something different and then it doesn't work after a few months.

I have come to the conclusion that I need to buy a new dryer. This company needs to be held responsible for a defective dryer. Too many people have hand similar problems. Does anyone know if anything is being done?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2011

Our LG washer/dryer is less than 5 years old. We bought these top of the line machines since we are getting older and wanted to be trouble-free for the foreseeable future. This year, we had to replace both circuit boards on the dryer. Then after that, the drum would not turn and the motor just buzzed. So we had to replace the motor too. A little reading on the internet and it seems that many people have had the same problem with the centrifugal switch on the motor, circuit boards needing replacement is common as well. Now, the washing machine has started to make a loud, squeaking sound when it runs. My old washer/dryer combo was purchased in 1986 and was still working perfectly in 2007 when we bought the LG units. We paid a premium for a top of the line, but we sure didn't get a top of the line reliability.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2011

I purchased the front loader LG laundry and gas dryer DLG2702V from Home Depot. I also purchased the 4-year extended warranty. Both worked fine for almost two years now. Two weeks ago the dryer destroyed a load of shirts, my "office" shirts probably a $300 replacement cost. When I opened the door a strong smell of burned electric wires come out. The shirts are full of holes, as if burned at random, and the steel drum is covered in a grey-colored film.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2011

I purchased an LG washer/dryer 6 years ago. I had problems with the washer from the first week. Six service calls were made within the first year to correct the problem of the washer stopping during the spin cycle. They kept coming to fix it until the warranty ran out. Then, they told me that it's “too bad". They refused to take it back, although I asked for 2 years! I finally kicked it to the curb, and bought a Maytag. There are no bells and whistles, but it works fine. The dryer stopped drying completely during cycles after 3 years of owning it. No repair corrected the problem. I had to run a dryer cycle 2-3 times to dry the clothes. Now that doesn't even work. I cannot find an LG repairman since nobody wants to deal with this company. I'm kicking it to the curb today, and going to buy a Maytag.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2011

I own an LG dryer (Model: DLG5988W) just over five years now. This past summer, I noticed a noise and the felt along the rim inside the drum was coming out. I notified the service company and they ridiculously removed the felt--had to scrape glue from the unit. This took about three hours--the service person was outside in heat applying the new glue and the new felt to the drum. Keep in the mind that the entire unit needs to be taken apart to do this. When he was finished, he said that they could have ordered an entirely new drum and not have to remove and reapply the felt--but they chose to do it this way.

Three months later, I noticed some markings on my clothing, sheets, blankets, and white clothing. The felt is coming out again and the noise has returned. We have contacted the service company who says that our warranty was just up about two months ago. They originally charged us approximately $300+ and now, they say that the drum needs to be replaced and it would cost about $600+.

We want it replaced and the original cost be deducted, since the problem was a temporary fix. Now, they won't even return our calls. So I continue to put aside all the ruined clothing, blankets, etc. I will never ever give LG my business. I also own the frontload washer, which, by the way, smells all the time. I remember growing up and the washer and dryer lasted 15+ years. LG sucks!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2011

We just past the 5-year mark on our DLE3777W and got the diagnosis that the drum would need to be replaced. I asked why the weld would give out. The repairman said, "The heat." The heat? It's a dryer! We should expect more out of the premium price we paid for this unit. We spent $360 for the repair fee and had a week without the dryer while we're waiting for parts.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2011

I purchased an LG front load washer and dryer from Best Buy. I have been using the product since 2006. I have to say that these are the worst products I have ever purchased! All of my clothes smell like someone vomited on me! Every ** time I put on a colored shirt, especially cotton--if I sweat a bit, I began to smell like everyone around me took a ** and all threw them at me at once! It is ridiculous that such an expensive product ($2,400.00) for the set would be so **! I will never buy LG products again.

I have had customer service out on three occasions. All of them tell me that lame ** about cleaning the gasket between loads. ** that! I paid quadruple the money for this so-called new, state-of-the art technology so I wouldn't have to clean gaskets! I never had to clean the ** gaskets on my piece of ** top load set that I purchased from a thrift store prior to buying this! Now, I regret giving my old washer and dryer away to Goodwill. Well, I am out of warranty now and I have to endure funky ** clothes. I am limited to whites, non-cotton, and clothes that I can dry clean. LG, ** you and kiss my **!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2011

Just like the many others on this site, I purchased a match set of LG laundry appliances from Home Depot just over four years ago. I also purchased a four-year "bumper to bumper" warranty and thank goodness I did.

Shortly after we had them, the dryer drum had to be replaced because it split. Drum number 3 was installed 3/1/11 because of the same issue. Now, it has split and I need yet another drum (#4). But of course, the "bumper to bumper" warranty is no longer in place so I am going to see if my home warranty will cover it. I called the company that did the last warranty repair and they quoted me $368 to repair again with guarantee that it won't happen in another few months. They said it happens all the time. I noticed someone on this site said the stainless steel drums should have a five-year warranty but not sure that is correct.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2011

I have a LG dryer that is a little over a year old and it is the worst dryer I've owned in 30 years. It won't dry the clothes. I need more than an hour to dry even the smallest load. A very poor product. Wish I could send it back. I am going back to Whirlpool.

LG Dryers Company Information