Find a Dishwashers partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Dishwasher

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

This dishwasher is so simple to use. The shelf racks fold down for big items. There are only 6 buttons to push. And one of them is the power button So you're not going to get confused with what to push. It is a very quiet cleaning process. The one thing I don't like is it runs from 1hour 30 min to 2 hours 15 min. Sometimes I just want a fast cycle for a few thing I instantly need. But I am getting used to starting the dishwasher before I go to work and at bedtime.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

LG is one of the best dishwashers I’ve use, very efficient in less water, great heating system for drying, many rinses for clean dishes. Yet uses less water. The time to wash the dishes could be in a shorter time. Mine uses 2hrs 11 minutes then the dry process. I’d buy the same machine just the as I love the fact that you rarely have to rewash any dishes regardless of the food that sticks to it. Love it!!

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

LG dishwasher is pretty easy to understand the settings. I have had it for over two years. It's stainless steel inside and outside. I feel the stainless steel interior is easy to clean and maintain. It has an energy saving feature which I often use. It also gives you a signal when the rinse aid is low.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

It does a good job. However, the bottom rack that folds down (to accommodate large items) fell apart the first month we owned it. It does a great job on scorched items. Great job on glassware. I do however regret not getting one with selection panel lights.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Never had a dishwasher to work so well, it not only cleans well, but to maintain it is easier than I would have thought. I would buy another LG Dishwasher- I have had top brands before and they didn't even compare to what this one does...

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 28, 2021

I purchased LGLDT5678SS dishwasher in April. The dishwasher has a very annoying whistling sound during the fan/drying cycle which I reported to LG immediately. LG sent CVS Appliance repair to correct the problem. They replaced the fan; the whistling continued. I was told by their rep that it was probably a design/manufacturing flaw. I have called LG multiple times. I was told today by a supervisor that only TCC could authorize a replacement or refund, whoever that is.

Do not buy this dishwasher. LG reps give you a constant runaround and the supervisor basically said LG would do nothing to correct or fix this. She put another work order in to CVS; their rep Randy called and said he had already repaired the dishwasher and that I should get another service company to come out. I have reached out to Ferguson, the company we purchased the DW from, they are my last hope. I cannot and will not live with this annoying noise which can be heard throughout my home, not just in the kitchen.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: May 22, 2021

I am so disappointed in my new LG (Model LDT 7808 ST) dishwasher purchased early April 2021. I guess I missed the statement in the manual "Hybrid Drying System: This efficient drying system does not use a heating element during the drying process..." Guess what? The translation of that is: This dryer does not dry AT ALL. Everything is wet. And there is a cycle called "Extra Dry" and that's quite funny because it doesn't dry at all either so why have it? The only suggestion from LG? Make sure your rinse aid is filled. A dishwasher that has no drying ability except air dry is not my idea of a product I want. I will not be keeping this dishwasher and I will not be buying another "hybrid drying system" dishwasher from anyone. If I'm going to have to dry my own dishes I might as well wash them too.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 14, 2021

Bought LG dishwasher from Home Depot July 2020. Delivered in 9/2020, due to Covid. Tried to make it work in two of our family homes, multiple calls to service techs. Gave me a repair reference number, which eventually revealed that no LG service tech services in our area, and no local repair was found when LG looked for one. I have a new service number now, and twice they have said it will be 7 to 10 days before I know if I will get a refund. It is still under warranty. Stalling is just unbelievable. One time they said the Power Service Team would decide, now it has been given to Defective Returns Department. I do NOT want another one, if no one can service it even with a warranty.

I sent an email to their CEO at LG. If I don't get my refund (sent all paperwork 2 times) I am going to ask consumer media TV people to publicly help me. We still don't have any dishwasher, want our money back to purchase a different one from anyone but LG. My situation sounds like one of another person's review.... That worries me that we won't get a fair solution.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Dishwasher leaks about halfway through the cycle, water comes out the lower left area of the door. Less than a week old. Neighbors who have the identical machine have same issue. Systemic problem I'm thinking.

Original review: March 28, 2021

We bought an LG LDP6797BD dishwasher in 2018, with the intentions of putting it in our house being remodeled. We used it in our rental home for about 8-10 months before removing it from service and putting it in storage. It never got installed in the house, so after sitting for 2 years, we pulled it out of storage and put it in another rental property where it has worked flawlessly for 5 months.

Now after a total service life of 13-15 months, we walk in the kitchen one day to find it dead. Won't power up, won't light up, won't reset. Looking at a few videos, I picked up a line filter. Not the problem. In fact, once I had it apart to change the line filter, I could see the red LED lighting on the board. So clearly it has power. Then after some more research, I find the web full of similar complaints. The number of purchasers with failures occurring, conveniently almost immediately after the end of their one-year warranty, is simply staggering. The Amazon listing for this dishwasher has 100% 1-Star ratings. Let that sink in. 100% 1-star ratings, I have never seen that on ANYTHING in my life. And especially not on an item that costs $1000.

This design clearly has a significant design flaw somewhere. The number of instances of identical failure occurring within a span of 12-16 months of service life is not a coincidence, and this statement is coming from a highly-experienced engineer with 3 decades of experience in design and manufacture of electro-mechanical systems. I know better than to believe that any manufacturer can take products to market and NEVER make a mistake in the design cycle. But what that manufacturer chooses to do about it when mistakes happen is what defines a company. This machine has a major design flaw, LG knows it, and apparently has chosen to do nothing about it.

And I guess they have a right to not do anything about it. Well, I have a right to do something about it as well. If LG continues to leave customers like myself that spent quite a bit of money on a clearly defective product, then it will be the last of my money LG will ever see. And I will go out of my way, every chance I get, to encourage as many people as possible to also not ever spend THEIR money on an LG product. This is site number 2 for the day, I wonder how many more times I can tell this story before the weekend is over?

If LG believes that not addressing this issue will save them money, I can assure you it will not. They will lose far more money from me alone than what it would cost them to make this right with me. Add to that lost revenue the amount of money they will lose with all the people I convince to not ever buy LG as well, and this will quickly become an expensive mistake many, many times over what it would take to fix it. If everyone else being screwed does the same, we can make a statement that LG simply will not be able to ignore. LG, the ball is in your court.

LG Refrigerators author review by ConsumerAffairs

LG was founded as GoldStar in 1958 in Korea. It is one of the world's largest producers of consumer electronics and household appliances.

• Moderate to luxury pricing: While LG doesn't offer discount models, it does have a range of pricing to fit most budgets and a variety choices in features.

• Steam washers available: Hot steam can loosen even the toughest food debris, and many LG dishwasher models use its Truesteam Generator to maximize cleaning power.

• Height-adjustable third rack: Rearrange the interior of the dishwasher to accommodate different loads as needed.

• Half-wash mode: Get the convenience of a two-drawer dishwasher in on large tub using the half-wash mode, which allows you to only wash dishes in half of the dishwasher.

• Large capacity: Wash up to 14 place settings at once. This feature makes holiday cleanup a breeze and is useful for smaller restaurants.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team