2. Homeowners
  3. Dishwashers

LG Dishwasher

LG Dishwashers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.26/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dishwashers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: March 20, 2020

The LG dishwasher is the best dishwasher I have used so far. The dishwasher has a wide LED which allows me to check the status and the remaining time of the washer. It has longer and wider space between the compartments which allows the washing of big pots and any shape of plates. The noise levels are low which has always been a concern for me.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Dishes do not completely dry, especially on the quick cycle. Water is left standing on the bottom of glasses. Even running full cycle, they do not dry completely. The silverware rack does a good job, but had to get a separate basket for odd items. Dishes must be put in the lower rack up front, due to folding tines in the back, will not stay up with dishes, glasses covering the times works well.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Joseph. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2020

This dishwasher was the first LG appliance I ever purchased. I've had it for many years and it's still running great. It has wonderful features like "delicate" cycle (for China) and adjustable racks - both for height and for items you might have to put into them. Even the flatware basket is well designed.

Original review: March 8, 2020

The appliances in my kitchen, dishwasher, stove and refrigerator, are all solid black and not stainless steel black and LG. My dishwasher has a stainless steel interior and is extremely quiet. When the cover is over the sink where the disposal connected as well as the dishwasher it can not be heard at all, absolutely no sound. It is a Direct Drive system which has various wash cycles, sanitary, extra dry, extra rinse and delay cycle. It also has a child lock which I found useful around my grandchildren. I would strongly recommend the dishwasher if you have small children.

Original review: March 7, 2020

I have a maid who washes the utensils but I still got a dishwasher so that her absence would not be an issue. Pros : most of the glassware gets cleans really well; utensils feel more hygienic. Cons : you still need to pre-wash vessels, remove all leftovers, and then put in the dishwashers; steelware does not feel so clean at times; I am scared to put in plastic due to heating.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I purchased 4 of the LG Studio line for my new kitchen. Gas Stove, Microwave, Dishwasher, and refrigerator. 1st use of Dishwasher and it did not clean. Then the items I left in for the next wash, grew BLACK MOLD. There is always moisture in the dishwasher, even day after running it, and I have to leave the door ajar to help it dry. If I shut the door, BLACK MOLD grows.

The microwave turntable rattles so loud it can be heard over the normal microwave sounds. The gas stove is often unresponsive. The buttons on the front do not always work and I have had to pull it out from the wall to unplug it and plug it back in to get them to work. It is very random and I have not been able to figure out a pattern of use that causes it to malfunction.

I put in 3 service requests to have these repaired. I'm entering the 3rd month and they STILL have not been to my home. LG sent this to a 3rd party Vendor AE FACTORY. They have left partial emails telling me to call them and then they do NOT answer their phone. I have spent even more time contacting LG Customer Service, who has done nothing to help. They have no control over their 3rd party repair vendors, and no supervisor will ever get on the phone or call me back. DO yourself a favor, go with a different brand!

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Stacy. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I purchased an LG Dishwasher 1 1/2 ago. My selection was based on price, look and features. So far, I can honestly say that it has been the WORSE dishwasher I ever owned. It looks very nice with the hidden panel, however, the options on that panel are only there for decoration; it makes no difference what option you select. Some of the dishes come out dirty, especially utensils which are neatly placed in the top drawer and well spaced. There is no drying cycle; dishwasher is completely wet hours after the cycle has ended regardless of the option selected. The biggest problem is the smell; this dishwasher smells SO, SO bad all the time. I cleaned the filter at the bottom but it made no difference. Technically, this dishwasher should last me many years, however, due to the poor performance, I will have to replace soon with a new one and for sure, I will never purchase an LG product ever again.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Isabelle. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Back in about June of 2017 my husband and I purchased a new stove, dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave. As of today, August 14th, 2020, we have had to purchase a new dishwasher, which we waited about 6 months for the so-called part to come in, which ultimately did not fix the problem. By that time we were so fed up with LG, we said forget and purchased a different brand. Next is our stove, ha! The stainless steel has scratches and the black flat top is terrible looking, oh and the self cleaner is a joke!

On to the refrigerator. We have had a technician out 5 times to troubleshoot the ice maker. Today, realized the compressor is now bad and are waiting for a new one to come in. Lastly, the microwave lights stopped working almost immediately. We thought at first it was some kind of energy saver since they would go off and on periodically. Unfortunately, it was yet another defect in our LG bundle of crap. We will NEVER purchase LG products again.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Heidi. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

DO NOT buy an LG product. I purchased an LG dishwasher 3 ½ years ago on sale for $429.00. Model LDF7774ST. It quit working the other day due to the main control board going bad. If you google this model and problem, it was a common failure on this model and others. Good news is, the warranty covers the circuit boards for 5 years, but doesn’t include labor. So, I called to schedule a warranty service call.

Here’s where it gets ridiculous. First, you have to pay $125.00 up front just to reserve a service appointment. Then, as it was explained, if the problem was due to something other than a warrantied part, the labor charge would be between $65.00 and $175.00, plus the part, plus the $125.00 service fee. But, if it was the bad circuit board, the part would be covered, but there was a flat labor charge of $250.00, plus the $125.00 service fee, for a total of $375.00. I could not believe my ears, so I called back a little later, spoke to a different person, and was quoted the same amounts. I am not going to pay $375.00 for a $400.00 dishwasher, and will NEVER buy an LG product again.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Kevin. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I'm not much of a reviewer, and I usually do not post negative reviews, but this is a case of caveat emptor - Please be aware of what you are getting into. This is not a manufacturer that stands behind its products. Buy this product if you think you are lucky, or do not particularly value your time. Vote with your pockets if you think companies should be held accountable for the products they sell. Item was purchased Nov 2017. Great item, while it worked, but 4 months after manufacturer's 2 year warranty expired, I ran into the following issues:

(a) Faulty control panel - Lights blink and/or buttons inoperative.
      (b) GFCI trips - So an electrocution hazard?
      (c) 20 Amp circuit breaker trips - Wow! So a fire hazard? The first one is known issue with poor water insulation on the circuit board, but LG customer care would not take responsibility (Many posts on Reddit - Should have been a recall, but isn't). 2 weeks later:
      (d) Door lock switch failed in closed position with contents locked in. I had to get a technician. $511 in repairs. And barely a week later:
      (e) Machine self reported HE error - either thermostat, or water heater is broken.

(f) Water leak due to failed rubber seal on lower part of door panel.

Through this all, I've kept LG informed - turns out these issues are not all that uncommon. LG's only response was that I was out of warranty and so it was (I paraphrase) not their concern. LG insists that the item must be diagnosed by their "authorized technicians". I live in the SF/Bay area - There are only 4 shops authorized, and none would take my call! Life is too short to spend fixing broken appliances, or dealing with "customer care" that just doesn't "care").

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Amit. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Refrigerators author review by ConsumerAffairs

LG was founded as GoldStar in 1958 in Korea. It is one of the world's largest producers of consumer electronics and household appliances.

• Moderate to luxury pricing: While LG doesn't offer discount models, it does have a range of pricing to fit most budgets and a variety choices in features.

• Steam washers available: Hot steam can loosen even the toughest food debris, and many LG dishwasher models use its Truesteam Generator to maximize cleaning power.

• Height-adjustable third rack: Rearrange the interior of the dishwasher to accommodate different loads as needed.

• Half-wash mode: Get the convenience of a two-drawer dishwasher in on large tub using the half-wash mode, which allows you to only wash dishes in half of the dishwasher.

• Large capacity: Wash up to 14 place settings at once. This feature makes holiday cleanup a breeze and is useful for smaller restaurants.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team