Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
LG Air Conditioner
1.33/5

LG Air Conditioner

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

123 LG Air Conditioner Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 7, 2016

LG LPO815WNR. I have say that my experience with the LG portable air conditioner that I purchased has been trouble since day 1. I called customer service after I hooked everything up and complained that I was having trouble with a loud banging noise coming from inside the unit (sounded like rocks bouncing around inside). Let them know that the sound was not as bad when unit was set on low. She was unable to answer my questions but did send me an email the next day asking me a few questions. I responded but did not receive a reply.

Called a few day later and got someone that was obviously not in the US. Went over my complaint again. He asked me where my unit was. I told him it was in my beauty shop at my house and he told me straight out that voided my warranty on the unit because I was using it in a business??? I told him that it was at my house, in a small room??? How could it be voided. I knew that I was screwed and that LG had NO intentions of helping me with the problem. PLEASE ~ DO NOT do business with them. They are not sympathetic and will look for ways to void your warranty, even if it is not working when you first plug it in. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Original review: May 25, 2016

The unit is 13 months old and the fan is loose on the blower motor shaft. This caused a vibration that shook the unit. Looks like the keeper rusted away as has some of the shaft the fan is attached to.

Original review: April 21, 2016

PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANY LG PRODUCTS...WORST PEOPLE AND SERVICE. We just bought a brand new split AC one week ago from a LG showroom in Dasarahalli near Jalahalli Cross, Bangalore. Their true service came into light once the booking was done. For shipping the AC to our home, they took 2 days time but before booking, they had mentioned just a few hours after our booking it will be delivered. On repeated calls to the sales person of that showroom, they delivered the AC and initially they had not mentioned any kind of extra charges but once the delivery was done, all the extra charges were told, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Now, for the installation they do not have technicians and there is only one person who is always busy with phone calls more than his work and never responds to the calls. It's been more than a week and yet the AC is still to be installed. The LG showroom sales people are least bothered about this even after we calling them up continuously. Everyday they give us lame reasons or provide us with contact number of people (according to them the higher authority of LG - which I believe they are bluffing) who are even more careless, arrogant individuals and fit for nothing.

LG's own representatives are stating that our service is like this only and we can't do anything. How cheap is that. Now, they are telling us to find someone from Quikr and get it installed by ourselves and they pay the amount to us. Cheap, very cheap. "LG - Life's Good". If you provide such services and hire such representatives, then life will become bitter and your company will soon be under loss for sure. WORST PEOPLE AND SERVICE.

Original review: March 28, 2016

I bought Window AC Model no - LWA3GP3A1.ANLG in last October. It's making too much noise, even we can't sleep in that noise. I raised complaints to area manager but he is not helping to solve issue. His team fail to resolve issues and now they are saying we can't change AC, it's replaceable in 7-8 days. Company person not solved issue and now they are even responding.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

I purchased an LG window air conditioner LW8015ER in May 2015. By August 2015 the control panel on/off switch was not working properly and was hard to press on and off. I put in a repair request and they entered it in the system. First the confirmation came over by email that it was a Microwave that I was asking for repairs. I called them and told them it was not. They had the model number and the SSN of the unit and they supposedly fixed it. Wells appliance came to look at the unit, when they arrived, the technician said they had me down for a microwave but he said clearly they had the wrong information because the numbers matched the air conditioner.

Wells put called in a replacement part for the control panel. Weeks later I called and they had to put the call in again because it got lost. Weeks later the part finally comes in and the tech comes to put in the part. He can't figure out how to put it in, makes a few calls after trying and cuts himself in the meantime. Runs the unit and it sounds awful. Much, much worse than it ever ran. He said he was going to call in to get the unit replaced. From here it goes downhill.

I have made several calls to Wells and LG, they both tell me to talk to the other and I get the runaround. Here it is February 1, 2016 and I made another call to LG, they are doing nothing about this problem, they see no request from the tech to have this replaced, they want to send Wells back out. NO WAY! Both companies should be ashamed of themselves for this poor treatment they call "Customer Service". I have many LG Products and this will be the last one I buy if this is how they treat their customers. Seems like they are waiting for the warranty to run out so they don't have to repair or replace this poorly made product. They are now looking for a different service company to come out to look at the unit. They told me it will take 5 to 10 business days until I hear back. This is what they always tell me and I never hear back from them. Do not buy this product. If it breaks you will never get it fixed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2015

Attempted many times to obtain a refund for this defective product. Last contact was an appointment with their rolling technicians, had requested a specific time to be here - No call at the specific time, had to cancel appointment. Previous tech visit could not repair unit on the spot. Lost use of this air conditioner during the hottest month - August. So disappointing - words cannot describe. BBB has been involved also (to assist with getting a response from LG). I could go on and on...

Point here is, this product needs to be removed from sale - period. This is a defective product. It shuts off the compressor - leaving you with No Cooling... When it functioned, the heat from the exhaust tube alone, defeats the cooling. Additionally: Air-Conditioner pulls cool room air through the unit and out the exhaust tube, not efficient use of electricity, or a ideal cooling method. This unit needs to be taken off the market. Thanks for your time and reading. Great days everyone. I feel this product experience has been the right up there with the worst purchase that I can recall; ever.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2015

LG portable AC-motel LP0814WNR (8000 BYU) - Purchased the unit in Oct 2014 at the tail end of a heatwave in Los Angeles. The unit is rated for a 200 sq. ft room. My bedroom is 150 sq. ft. It seemed to cool pretty good during that week or two. However in July-Aug 2015 I found it took 2-3 hours to drop the room 5-7 degrees. With the room starting at 83-85 degrees it took 3 hours to get the temp down to 79-78 degrees. I've had LG technicians out 3 times and all they do is measure the outlet air temp and claim the unit is operating satisfactorily. They refuse to address its inability to cool the room effectively. It looks like I wasted $300. Be cautious of LG products.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

The LG Model L 214 GXR worked just fine when we got it last summer. We plug it up this year and water run out the bottom of the unit. We cannot find where it is coming from. Oh well. Good for one year and that is it. We will not buy another. Too much money for so little use.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

Called on June 23 about the mode on the ac. Had to send the picture of receipt to show under warranty. Took a month to get Expert Appliance to look at it. Came and said I needed a new mode. There is no part number to give LG to order it. LG said "Sorry will check on it tomorrow." It is August in Florida and hot. Paid over 600.00 dollars for this unit and still no part and LG is no help. Came home and my house about burnt down because of this. Very angry and nobody helps.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2015

Picture this - sleeping in your room on a peaceful summer night, suddenly waking up in shock that your AC owned for two years is catching on fire. If it weren't for the smell of the smoke or loud booming sounds two people could have been hurt.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2015

Bought a LG air conditioner (LW8014ER) from Home Depot September 2014. August 1, 2015 it locked up. On Aug 4 a technician arrived, decided it needed a replacement part he didn't have. Removed the unit from the window, stored it in our garage, and then ceased to answer our phone calls. After multiple phone calls to LG customer service, they denied authorization to return the unit. They said the part had already been ordered (?), and then refused to answer where they were located, or where the part was being shipped from/to. They also refused to tell us how long this process would take.

In the meantime, we're without an air conditioner in the hottest part of summer. Don't guess we'll need one 'round Christmas, which is about when I expect LG to make good--although I could be wrong. NEXT Christmas is a strong possibility. After reading hundreds of reviews, seems like this unit spends more time in ICU than in the window. Shame on LG. Hope every consumer who bought one makes as much noise as this useless air conditioner. Don't have an order #, but here's the serial #:403CXEAC0612, Model #LW8014ER.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2015

Ease of use is excellent, but alas, the product itself is illogical in that it produces as much heat inside as it tries to cool, thus recycling the heat it produces. Behaves like an elaborate fan with many different controls so that it gives the impression it works as an air conditioner (which it really isn't). Sad, because for elders who cannot lift window A/C's, no lifting is technically required to install it. But lifting is required to empty it if water condenses in the bottom (as it claims to). Too new to collect any on any of the 3 machines purchased, except 1 which gave error message as FL (full), after it rattled, and shut down, repeatedly! So, very confusing machine, as it operates like no other window A/C ever owned... potential? But no cigar! Not cheap, but not expensive for Boston summers... recommended for Southern U.S. Weather? NO WAY!

Original review: July 30, 2015

The LG air conditioner I purchased less than 3 years ago is terrible. I have to physically remove the water 4 times a day because the unit overheats and turns off. I called LG and they do not offer help and their support staff reads off a computer screen and don't know how to assist customer properly. When I asked to speak to a manager, they hang up on me. I spoke to agent ** which did not assist nor answered my concerns. I will never buy an LG product again. This company does not back up their products.

Original review: July 27, 2015

Portable air conditioner model No. LP1111WNR,LP1311WNR - I purchased the unit a year and a half ago and just recently plugged the unit in. The unit functions normally for a time and very loud I might add and then begins spewing water and ice through the cooling vent instead of cold air. Finally the fuse blew. Less than an hour of use. Something seriously wrong with this unit. Seems I am not alone with this problem. Wish I had checked out their rep before buying. They gave me a service center off island about 15 miles away. I will bring it there and probably leave it there as well. From what I have read there is no service for this company's products that is reliable. Consensus seems to be that LG is junk.

Original review: July 21, 2015

If you're in a store and considering buying an LG air conditioner... STOP and DON'T DO IT! No, SERIOUSLY. It's not just the money factor. I am trying to save you from customer service from the depths of Hades. From being on the phone with idiots who don't speak English until you have a headache of all headaches although you have refrained from banging your head. And you WILL want to bang your head. I am trying to save you from potential heat stroke.

We purchased one last summer at Home Depot in mid-June and the compressor went out mid-August. They sent a technician and we told him, it's the compressor. He ordered another part. Came back a week later and the brain box he'd ordered, surprise! Didn't fix the problem. After talking to "supervisors" in their service department who said it was our breaker box he left without fixing it. So we spent the money to replace breakers we KNEW were not defective but had to be replaced before they would return.

After suffering through an Alabama winter which those locally know does require a/c from time to time to be comfortable as we often have a week of unseasonable weather thrown at us... They finally sent a technician back in May. (I requested the service call in MARCH as my cousin from across the country was visiting in April). At the May service call (the 3rd ) the first "supervisors" at 1-800-we-no-speak-English kept insisting to the technician on site that it was our breaker box (again) but the technician, God love him, pushed it and got another "supervisor" to listen to the compressor shut off over the phone and FINALLY they agreed it was the compressor. So they replaced it.

Here it is July and the compressor is out again. This is our forecast: Heat Advisory Statement as of 3:10 AM CDT on July 21, 2015. Heat advisory remains in effect until 10 PM CDT this evening... *Temperatures... Highs 94 to 99. Heat index... Maximum values 100 to 107 degrees. *Impacts. Increased risk of heat-related illnesses including heat exhaustion and heat stroke. The moral of this story is do not buy from LG unless you want to live through miserable summers and go through the headaches of their warranty/customer service departments. FTR this was a $400 unit not a little cheapie unit. I WILL NEVER, EVER BUY ANOTHER LG PRODUCT OF ANY TYPE EVER AGAIN.

Original review: July 20, 2015

I have purchased an LG refrigerator, which lasted less than 2 years and a few years later an LG 1400 but portable a/c unit. I did not purchase the extended warranty with the refrigerator, so I was SOL. When I purchased the a/c, it started leaking (all over my wood floors) within 2 weeks of using it. I called LG, they finally sent a repair person, that was located over an hour away from where I live. I took the day off to be home, when the repairman got here, he told me he had never worked on one of these portable a/c units. But he gave it a shot.

He was here for 2 hours, said it was fixed, something about the float switch not working, said it was fixed and left. I WAS grateful, it was during a week-long heatwave. So, after he left I turned it back on, and within 20 min it was leaking all over my wood floors again. I called LG again, and they said that they would replace it. It came 3 days later. This is now the unit I have, it worked last summer, but again, it is now leaking all over the wood floors. I have never had an LG appliance product that has performed as it should or as it says it will. And they were both very expensive, with nice features. It's a shame. I feel LG should stick to their electronics and stay the ** out of appliances. I know, I will NEVER BUY another one of their appliances.

Original review: July 11, 2015

It has been repaired 3 times since summer of 2013 that l purchase it. Up till now the air condition is not cool.

Original review: July 6, 2015

I purchased 3 window units from Home Depot. The 2 ton 220 unit which was installed by a cert. AC man. I did not have a 220 plug so he wired it into my old central ac unit's electric box. The unit gave me problems right away with freezing up, then the plastic fan broke. The ac man did not have this replacement part. I paid over $500 for this unit for one summer use. THEN in my dumbness, I went to Home Depot and bought another one. Same thing with the freezing up. Had checked by 2 ac men and they just said LG were poor quality and they see it a lot with them. So another unit that didn't even last the summer. The 2 smaller ones I purchased were 8,000 but they lasted 2 seasons but would still freeze and spit ice when it rained. Yes every time it rains the smaller ones spit water then ice.

So I will NEVER EVER buy ANYTHING made with LG name on it. I wasted so much money. I work damn hard for my money to just throw away like that. LG would not warrant the large units due to being wired into an a/c breaker box. It was supposed to just plug in the wall. Yeah right! How many homes are equipped with 220 wiring except for clothes dryers? It was a perfectly good install and very safely done by professionals. DON'T BUY LG ANYTHING!!!

Original review: July 1, 2015

Portable air conditioner LP1014WNR - Bought this less than a year ago. Worked for the 3 months during the summer.... Obviously do not need in the winter in Minnesota. Plugged it back in the spring, does not cool. Been on the phone with LG numerous times. I've gotten nothing but a runaround from them. They can't seem to find anybody to fix portable air conditioners. So LG tells me that they will send one of their own technicians out. So I take the day off of work, but they don't show up and they don't call back. I called LG and got more runarounds. I've lost my patience. Do not buy one of their air conditioners! I also have a window unit that I've had for two and now that has stopped working. I just don't recommend any LG products.

Original review: June 29, 2015

LG Portable AC Model # LP1213GXR - I purchase this at the end of June 2013. It's been used a total of about 3 weeks since it was new. I took it out today for the first time in 2015 today, plugged it in, turned it on, it blows warm air only, compressor does not work. LG has no repair depot less than 400-500 miles away. Can you imagine what it would cost to ship something that heavy that far away and back? What this amounts to is $550.00 for three weeks of air conditioning. Not impressed and will strongly not recommend any LG product to anyone, ever again. LG was not helpful, at all.

Original review: June 27, 2015

We got two LG room air conditioners Model LT0810CR, which are sleeve through the wall style units, at considerable expense and had them professionally installed. They worked for one season and then basically completely stopped working. Out close to $1,500. Will never by LG air conditioners again.

Original review: June 23, 2015

I am presently waiting (14 days) after many conversations with LG for help. Repairman sent who has never worked on AC. Could not get LG to send him the part he decided he needed. This is the second time this has happened to me.

Original review: June 21, 2015

I purchased two units, a smaller one for my daughter's bedroom and a larger one for ours. We used hers for one season and ours once. When the next hot spell came around, hers threw the E4 code constantly so we swapped hers out w/ ours and we did without. Like other reviews stated, this code states it is in "defrost mode," and does not blow cool air during this time. Needless to say, our unit also presented with the same E4 code after swapping them out. POOR quality and function of this product.

Original review: June 17, 2015

Bought a LP1111WXR at Home Depot. Could not get the unit to work. Called LG and they arranged for a service call. At no time did the customer service rep at LG Corporate ask for or require documentation, they advised that with the serial number they had the information they needed. LG customer service arranged for the 3rd party technician to repair the A/C unit.

The tech arrived and confirmed that 99% of the unit functioned properly, except the canister holding the coolant had left the overseas LG factory either a.) without being filled, or b.) with the canister seal improperly properly fit (all coolant leaked out), or c.) with a cracked or defective canister (all coolant leaked out).

The technician was set to repair, and then asked for the authorization number I had been provided by LG customer service. The senior advisor at customer service had never provided an authorization number. I advised the tech that LG arranged for the service call. He checked his notes and confirmed that LG Corporate had in fact arranged for the service call....but, nonetheless, he still needed an authorization # (which I was not provided).

When I called back LG they gave me the runaround for about 1-hour transferring calls, on hold, etc... The supervisors whom I spoke to where now nasty, and horrible. They advised that it was my fault for not having the authorization number, and would not help in anyway. I now know, firsthand why and how LG sells their electronics at such a great price. Their customer service is awful, misrepresents, and when their product is discovered to be defective, they will not fix it.

Worst customer experience I've ever had - don't buy LG. I'll never buy an LG product, regardless of the price. Never again.

Original review: June 15, 2015

LG 8000 btu portable air conditioner - bought for a camper 160 sq feet, was supposed to cool a 200 sq ft room. Left in box from April 2014 to June 2015 before trying to use. Found out did not cool camper. Airflow was not cool enough, problem with unit. Here's the good part, called LG ops warranty was 2 months beyond expiration date. May do a 1 time courtesy repair if I send a pic of receipt. Gave my email to cust service. Never got a response from LG. Bottom line for me I will stay away from LG products and recommend a extended warranty on all products. Just don't make things as good as they used to.

Original review: June 12, 2015

I have owned a 24,500 BTU window unit for a number of years. Once in a while it would just shut down by itself and then restart by itself. This has been going on for a couple of years. I finally decided to call LG. The guy I talked to said that if it gets too hot outside that there is a relay inside that will shut the unit down. I couldn't believe what I was being told. An air conditioner that will not cool when it is hot outside. Well the guy was correct. When the outside temperature dropped outside to 78 degrees the unit quit shutting down and stayed on. If you live where it is going to be above 80 degrees, I would recommend you stay away from LG air conditioners. The relay is on the main circuit board. The board is around 70.00, and almost every parts company that I contacted were out of stock. This tells me that a lot of LG air conditioners are having the same issue.

Original review: June 5, 2015

Purchased from Home Depot last year, ran well. Turned it on this spring & it had error code after error code. Corrected every code. Tonight it began to smell like hot plastic. Within 60 seconds it was spewing black smoke. We unplugged it & drag it outside, poured water over it to extinguished the FIRE blazing from the bottom of the unit! Thank God we weren't asleep or out, we would have lost everything including possibly our lives!

Original review: May 30, 2015

My anger cannot be fully expressed at LG and their treatment of me when my 85 lb air conditioner stopped working 11 days after I got it up 4 flights of stairs. "We'll send a technician." 15 phone calls later I got an appt. "He can't fix it." 5 more phone calls. "They need proof it can't be fixed. Must get technician to verify." NOT MY JOB. STILL HOT, STILL BROKE!!! Lucky Goldstar rebranded as LG is a disgrace!!!

Original review: May 25, 2015

My 1.5 ton window AC was not working. When I called the LG customer service center he logged my complain and the complain was closed by saying high service rate but the technician did not contacted me at all. This was repeated many times for 1 month. When I shouted on customer service center people after a long hold of 1 hr, floor supervisor informed me that he will talk to the technician but still no action on it.

Original review: May 13, 2015

I purchased LG 10,000 BTU from Home Depot. The LG unit CANNOT and DOES NOT continuously generate cool air. The compressor shuts off frequently and struggles with cooling a very small room of only 165 sq. ft. Home Depot and LG advertise this unit can keep cool a 450 sq. ft. room. Beware, do not make the same mistakes I made in believing LG advertisements or products!!!

LG Air Conditioner Company Information