1.40/5
Based on 49 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Find a recommended home builder & developer now

lennar.com

173 Lennar Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 6, 2018

I've lived in my newly built home for 7 years. Beginning in the first year I began having problems with my microwave. Since then, every major appliance in my home has either had to be repaired or replaced at my expense. My heat pump has had four repairs at my expense. The plumbing was cheesy at best and we've had several leaks. Their customer service in the first year was so awful that I finally gave up trying to get them to fix anything. One of the kitchen cabinet doors was hung the opposite of all the others and I couldn't get Lennar to even fix that. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!! THEY BUILD A HOUSE OF THE POOREST QUALITY YOU WILL FIND IN VIRGINIA AT LEAST. You can have a custom, well-built home for that Lennar charges. And they lie. I was told lawn care was taken care of in the dues. Not true. These are just some of the problems. There are many more.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Do not buy a home from these people. They don't care. They built shoddy homes and no customer service at all and management only care how much they make. Horrible co. Too many good builders to deal with these **.

Resolution response: April 11, 2018

I did receive my earnest money back.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I recently put $1000 down as earnest money on the purchase of a new home from Lennar Homes in San Antonio. They dropped 41K off the price and gave me 8K off my closing costs if I financed through their Mortgage company. Real good deal I thought. Did a walk through and all looked okay. I went back a week later and noticed some severe problems with the foundation and brick on one side. Pictures are attached. I have purchased 4 new site built homes in my lifetime with a cable tension slab. Not one of them had broken bricks and a crack in slab. This house was completed in the last two months and never sold/lived in.

I pointed this out and told them I was canceling the sale. They assured me this was normal settling. I know better. Anytime a brick is broken you have a serious issue. If a crack develops it should follow the path of least resistance which is the mortar. If I bought this home the odds are high that foundation issues would destroy my in slab plumbing which is very costly to repair. They refuse to refund money and assure me their company "experts" say it is normal. Please look at attached pictures and judge for yourself. They are pressuring me to buy this junk and may end up in court. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I bought a new construction WCI home (now Lennar) back in 2013. I currently have 80+ major construction defects - so severe that I cannot even list the home. To give perspective, I've lived in over 30 homes since I was born and haven't experienced anywhere near the number - and severity - of the issues that I have in a new construction Lennar home. My neighbors experience much the same, including faulty A/C systems that have caused tens of thousands of flood damages, as well as extensive mold. Simply do a search of Lennar reviews and you'll see the number of homeowners who have to deal with A/C systems and mold. It's a consistent pattern with Lennar. I've experienced 25 A/C malfunctions in 4.5 years. The A/C is just one of the dozens of issues in my Lennar home.

The issues involve electrical issues, HVAC problems, mold exposure, structural defects, water intrusion/damage, metal corrosion and environmental concerns. These construction problems, in addition to dealing with the stress of it all for more than 4.5 years, have led to health issues. As well, other people get sick when staying at my Lennar home and exhibit similar symptoms. Between improperly installed and defective A/C units and faulty roof flashing during construction, the house has extensive water damage and mold, which has impacted my health and the health of those who have spent any significant time here in the home.

What's worse? Lennar knows about this. I worked with the division president and his team through multiple inspections and meetings to go through the 80+ defects. They were at the point of more inspections and bringing in an environmental company when they simply stopped responding, even though they said they would make the repairs. Even if the repairs were made and because of seller disclosure laws in the state of Florida, I would have to list it well below market price and it would likely need to be a cash buyer. That's how bad it is and that's not my fault. There is nothing that Lennar could do at this point to 'make me happy.' The only thing they could do is do what's right. I'm not sure how these people even sleep at night.

One thing to know - buying new construction is not like buying a new car. You have virtually zero protections and the warranty is horrible. I wish I had done more research on this before I signed the contract. There are no 'lemon laws' and you'll be responsible for any attorney fees to get the home you wanted. You can expect to pay a minimum of $50K-$100K to simply get the repairs done - you won't be able to ask for any lost work time, medical or any other damages other than simply getting the home that you were promised.

I'm confident if enough people start speaking up about Lennar, that they will have no choice but to change their approach. This shouldn't be allowed to happen and it will continue until consumers stop spending with them and lawmakers build consumer protections for new construction homes. Do yourself a favor and buy a home that has been 'broken in.' If things go wrong? You'll have a much easier time getting it resolved through insurance or taking action against the previous owner for non-disclosure of defects. If I had to do it all over again, that's what I would do.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

We have lived in a Lennar home for about four years. We had to use the warranty in the first year because drywall with holes in it had been used to build our home. We had to use it again to have a toilet and the flooring under it replace. It had been installed incorrectly. There were items that were missed during our walk-through that would have been obvious to anyone while doing the job: Floorboards too far apart (you can see the slab underneath), drafts throughout the house, crooked walls, sink with a major blemish, etc.

Outside, there was no time taken to clear the lot of rocks and construction debris, ie. nails, plastic, lunch trash, etc. Sod was simply laid on top of it. In addition, much thought was not put into drainage. A quarter of our yard is an ever-present swamp. This has now forced us to have to come up with some type of solution to level the yard and create drainage. We are not the only folks dealing with these issues. Clearly, Lennar builds so quickly with inexpensive sub-contractors that there is no integrity. Lennar DOES NOT stand behind its homes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I had my own home inspector and on the report stated that the heat pump isn't turning on and trips the circuit breaker. Handed the report to Jonathan the sales agent before my first walk thru, on my second walk thru I was told by Bill and Brad that the issue has been resolved. So I purchase the house and moved in. 1/4/18 thermostat read 52 & 57. No matter how much I crank up the heat it's still cold. When the HVAC came he later informed me that I'm not the first house that has the same issue and that the circuit breaker is 30 and it needs to be 50, Emailed warranty and got a call on 1/5/18 states that they work Monday to Friday 8-5 and since I don't have the same working days and hours I had suffered for few days and nights in this cold house.

When the warranty people came I saw and they informed me that aside from using the wrong capacitor they also use the wrong electrical wire. I would have understand had I not hired a home inspector and had it not been pointed out. Yes I saw that they replaced the electrical wires and the capacitor but can no longer trust them. My biggest regret is that I trusted them to do the right thing. Lennar refuse to answer my multiple questions as to whys? Now I'm second guessing if they truly and completely resolve the problem? And that Lennar should be accountable, responsible and be punished accordingly.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I have purchased two Lennar Homes over the years and while there were repairs needed, Lennar has stood by their warranty. I have had to state my case a couple of times and allow inspection of my complaint but in the end Lennar bent over backwards to make any repairs needed. It is pretty common to have to make repairs and tweaks when you buy a new home. I've purchased a few brand new homes and they always need repairs and tweaking. Anywho, lots of negative comments that I have not evidenced in either Lennar home I bought. I think they are a very reputable builder and they stand by their product.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Our home is 31/2 years old. At one year old we had private inspection done and had 37 pages of corrections needed by Lennar. Now, we have sold our home and found out the brick veneer was installed improperly and is leaking, the water damage extends to foundation according to inspection and smoke detectors are not wired correctly. Faucets are loose, windows are not sealed adequately and conduit to electrical box is not to code. DO NOT BUY A LENNAR HOUSE. You should never invest money in a Lennar home. It is a losing proposition.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I've read a lot of bad experiences so I will share mine. Keep in mind I am a new homeowner so maybe all these issues that others complain about I just haven't experienced yet and hopefully I won't. When we first did the walkthrough the construction manager pointed out a lot of things that had to be fixed/repainted that we would have never noticed ourselves. Which really made us trust him and his team. They put stickers on everything that needed to be fixed. Two days later we did our second walkthrough (we were closing in 2 weeks so everything was done quickly) and everything that needed to be fixed, was.

When we moved in of course we noticed extra things that needed to be fixed such as the screen door, the air unit was making a noise, the heater wasn't as hot as it should be, the garage door was having problems, and a few other things. I opened up a ticket with Lennar and literally within 1 business day all the different companies associated with each problem called me to set up an appointment. They all came out the following day and fixed each and every single issue.

Right now I have a problem with the dryer so I just opened up a ticket. These are new homes, never before been lived in, so of course you are going to be the first one to notice each and every single problem it has. But in my case they have resolved each and every single issue so far. One of my neighbors he was having an issue with a water leakage in the attic and they came and had to reconstruct it but they did it. I would also like to add Lennar hires different contractors in every community they build. So maybe the ones in one community were horrible but another community may have a completely different outcome. I was reading a lot of bad reviews so I just wanted to share my experience which has been very good so far.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Horrible sales and construction... Wish I read these reviews before buying. Though their customer service is better it's not of much help with initial mesh up and pain we had to go through just because after signing contract you don't have any choice left.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

We purchased a home from Lennar and moved in September 2016. We had problems beginning with our final walk through. Repairs were not made based on our final walk through and to our surprise the individual we had been working with resigned less than a week after we moved in. We were then introduced to an individual named John and he has proved to be the most difficult, incompetent, and rude Lennar rep. From day one John refused to be an advocate for us in getting repairs fixed that should have been done after final walk through. He couldn’t even find the final walk through paperwork outlining our repairs.

There were areas that required painting, stone in our fireplace that was chipped, wood in our baseboards split, chips in our kitchen backsplash and his response to me was we needed to wait for our one year repairs. Through our first year Lennar and John have refused to put the customer first. At our one year walk through any and all repairs were met with “sorry that isn’t under warranty.” Last night I reached out to John regarding stone that has fallen off the front of our exterior and his response “sorry you are past your one year warranty.” Lennar- what happened to quality workmanship? What happens to ensuring the customer is satisfied? What happened to ensuring you employ individuals who are kind in their responses? Why must everything be a black and white answer?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

In 2013 I had a water leak in my living room. I covered the cost. Today 10/20/17 I get home from work. I go to switch light on and water is leaking from switch. The paint is bubbled, water spot on ceiling and about a foot from switch another water spot. The carpet is saturated. I call Lennar CUSTOMER CARE. BIG WASTE OF TIME. I turned off water because we started hearing water running. My house payment is about 80% of my net. Not sure how this will be fixed. I thought I had a quality home and would not have to worry about events like this for at least 10 yrs. Provided one image.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I purchased a new home build from Lennar. Prior to the close of escrow I did a walkthrough on the home, tagged areas that required repairs and attention. Upon the close of escrow and moving in many of the repairs were still not completed. I was informed that they would be made and that I would be allowed 30 days after move in to compile a list of additional items/repairs/adjustments that may need to be done. Since closing and moving in, it has been difficult to get my representative, Bryan, to schedule the repairs.

Appointments were made and I was not notified. Workers would show up unannounced. I have continued to have an issue with ongoing grout and tile repairs. They silicon grout being used to "fix the cracks and holes" is not the same color (dries darker than the grout). I paid out the nose for the upgrades and the half-** attempt to make repairs is unacceptable. I will not settle or be told that this is what they use and deal with it. I have also had an issue with representative using an electronic signature of mine back in May 2017 to "sign-off" on repairs indicating the issue has been resolved to my satisfaction. I have had no contact with this representative by email or phone since early September 2017, but he manages to use my electronic signature to sign-off on the repairs. Sneaky and dishonest.

I could go on-and-on about the issues with my home and the other homeowners I have grown to know in the community experiencing the same/similar issues. Warning, do not close escrow until all the repairs are done. Once they have your money they are onto the next home to close. Also, when the representative tells you that a survey is going to be sent and that anything less than a 10 would result in the loss of his/her bonus, be honest when completing it. Do not let the fact that the employee will lose out on the bonus. The simple fact is, EARN IT. Do quality work, provide great customer service and you won't have to beg homeowners to give you 10.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I bought a Lennar home a little over a year ago. The home was brand new. Now the A/C is freezing up. During the hurricane, I filled the tub up with water and my kitchen ceiling started to leak! I contacted Lennar and explained that a new home should not have these problems. All they did is send me a copy of the contract that states I only have a 1 year warranty! So now I find out that many homeowners are having the same issues. I was also told by someone that use to work for Lennar, that Lennar does not fill the A/C unit with enough gas, in to save money. At this point it's on me. But if you buy a Lennar home, before your year is up, make sure you check everything, including the gas on the A/C!

This is the response I got: "We understand that Raul, your customer care representative, contacted you about your recent service request for your home. As Raul indicated, your home is no longer covered under the Lennar limited warranty. We are sending this email to you as a notification that we will be closing this service request at this time. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact customer care limited warranty at www.Lennar.com and select “Contact Us”. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you."

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I bought a brand new home from Lennar 2 yrs ago & since we moved in it has brought us nothing but trouble & more trouble every day! There’s flooding in the front, side & back of the yard & it takes forever to get someone to look at it & fix it! The AC is just terrible! We have replaced a lot of the parts. Every few months something is going wrong with the AC, it has flooded my living room which is right below the AC storage room. It has caused me so much money fixing the damages caused by their faulty AC/installer.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Basically you spend about $250,000 on a home and they promise energy efficient homes and they actually fall extremely short for energy-efficient homes. I have found out since purchasing my home that the AC unit in my home is not the right size for the square footage that goes in my home. They said that is incorrect information. They stand by it but my house is hot so I called the manufacturer of the AC unit and they confirmed that it is for an 1800 square-foot home not a 24+ square-foot home. The roof is sinking and no one has fixed it. The warranty people are so uneducated it's not even funny that we have to deal with some of them. So prior to buying a home in this neighborhood make sure you get an independent air conditioning company and independent home inspector To inspect your home.

Approximately 40% of my insulation was not added to the home. That means that the building inspector For the City of Zephyrhills just gave them the OK without going into the attic to see if there was sufficient insulation. Yes, that is correct you cant even trust the city of Zephyrhills to properly do their jobs either. The building inspector was supposed to go in the attic, check the insulation to make sure there was sufficient insulation in the attic and sign off on it. He did sign off on it but after he signed off on it we had 20 bags of insulation added to the attic for insufficient insulation. I have had three AC companies come to my home and say that the size of the AC unit that's in my home is not big enough. This includes two employees from Bayonet Heating and Air-conditioning. Their own employees said the units were too small.

I have also spoken to several Lennar employees and they have told me personally in confidence that the units are too small to cool down this home. I can tell you that I'm not the only homeowner in this neighborhood that is experiencing the same problem. Drive around this neighborhood and ask for Frank and I'll gladly show you what's going on. I will try now not to give them any star ratings because they dont deserve one star rating. One thing I have learned is that when somebody begged you to do a survey from Lennar dont do the survey. After the survey is when they stopped answering my call, stop fixing things.

I felt bad a little bit for the guy because he said he wanted to win a contest so I gave him a 10 rating. He did not deserve a 10 rating. He deserved a sub zero rating! After all this is said and done the personal attacks started against my disabilities by the same person that I gave a 10 rating to. I'm a disabled veteran and he made fun of my disabilities. Not even their corporate office will return calls even on the personal attacks about my disabilities. Their corporate office is too busy pumping homes out they use the lowest grade builders the cheapest builders to get these houses up as fast as possible so they could sell them for as much as possible hoping that no one will notice all the issues prior to the one-year warranty expiring on the new home.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Do not purchase a Lennar home, the construction is terrible. The customer service is even more terrible. I have a new home which had mold problems. The paint is cheap and comes off. The ceiling is cracking and only 8 months old. Nobody really seems to care enough to come out and do the warranty work. Turned in a list in June and still have a lot of problems. Buyer beware.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

When I 1st purchased my house from Lennar I thought I was buying great quality homes with zero problems plus since I was buying a brand new home I also expect it not to have any problems with the structure, materials and quality. Now after investing a lot money in getting this property I have been having Mold problems in my daughters Room and attic. The 1st time I saw the mold signs more than a year ago I thought It was not a big deal and decided to clean it with CLOROX but over the past year the mold problem had increased substantially to the point there is mold mites all around it. I'm so frustrated because I shouldn't be dealing with this type of problems too soon, I feel like my investment was not worth it at all.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Lennar homes are installing AC units that are under size for the square footage of the homes. I have a 2200 Square foot home and using a 2.5ton unit. My AC runs all day and doesn't stop. This is a new home. My home should have a 4 Ton unit but a 3.5 Ton would be better so that it can cool the home and shut off for a little while.

Original review: July 29, 2017

They don't even deserve the one star! Long and short of it... Inspection Items... 7 months later still not completed/looked at. I had to imitate the inspection as it seemed once we closed Lennar forgot who we were... In waiting to be contacted I noticed all the items needing to be fixed:

The carpet in the master bedroom has a noticeable seam that when the carpet guy came to look he said he needed to get someone to move the furniture to get it fixed and he would speak with Lennar about getting that approval - 7 months later... still no word. My refrigerator, that was part of the “Premium Kitchen Upgrade” freezes items placed against the back of the unit, also makes a clicking noise... No one has ever shown up for this. The door jamb for the master was never painted.

There is a noticeable chip in the marble by the makeup vanity in the master bath. There is a spot of something coming thru the ceiling over the bed in the master. There is a nail or something coming thru the ceiling over the couch in the great room. There are two chipped tiles in the great room. The last guy that came out to fix a chipped tile used the incorrect color grout. The grout is pitted from the front door thru to the arcadia doors, that is the worst part of it however there is pitting all over the house and now it seems to be cracking along walls.

Drywall by the garage door has been dented from day one. The sink in the master bath has a chip. The lights in the master bath are crooked they need to be straightened. The doors are off/sticking throughout the house. The front room the window is not sealed tight after a dust storm there was a pile of dirt on the window sill - that can't be energy efficient. Some of the faucets in the bathrooms throughout the house do not have the hot and cold indicators. The toilet seat in the 1/2 bath (guest bath) is coming loose. The hinge needs to be pushed in periodically to keep the lid from coming off. The door in the 1/2 bath is not sealed - I can see sunlight along the right side (the side with the door knob) towards the bottom - again not very energy efficient. The water pooling on the front entry and back patio. The tree in the front yard is hanging so low it hits the sidewalk, so much for included landscaping.

The blower on the AC is so loud that we need to raise the volume on the tv about 5 clicks to continue to hear what we are watching when the AC kicks on... I've gone back to the model homes on 107th Ave and sat there, that blower hardly makes a sound - the volume of the blower placed in this home is not the same - if it can’t be fixed then the AC should be replaced!

The pantry door is missing a bumper. It hits the fridge each time it is opened, I suspect a design flaw. Door bumpers are missing throughout the house, doors hit the walls. Chipped woodwork in 2nd bath by the tub. The counter top in the 2nd bath is pulling away from the wall, the corking along the wall is cracked. I would like someone to get me a copy of the warranty for the cabinets - I am curious about what they recognize as a defect, these "upgraded" cabinets are a waste of money. I am kicking myself for paying extra for this garbage. The "rep" tells me something is recognized as a defect from 3ft away - I can see the dents and dings from across the room! Light bulb flutters from the day we moved in, I was told someone would walk one over that day... 7 months later - I want the freaking light bulb! Not sure where they started walking from but it wasn't the work truck up the street.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Our three main issues: WORKMANSHIP: Lennar did not complete a 1 year inspection nor will they honor the 1 year warranty on workmanship. My home has issues with the flooring and subfloor. Although my husband initiated requests to schedule the inspection, in 2014 prior to our 1 year expiration, Lennar never honored the request. The closest we have come to cooperation was that they finally agreed to come out, with my husband taking a day off of work. He waited over 6 hours for the Lennar rep who did not show up when promised. After multiple attempts to follow up, we keep getting the runaround, passed off to someone new and every Lennar rep's initial response is to push back because "it's past the one year period." Yeah, I know, we been trying to get this done for going on THREE YEARS!

PLAYGROUND: During the sales process we were told by Beth Hoggard that the current play area in The Meadows at Ravenstone was not the "permanent" playground and that the sad little slide and swings were "temporary." We were told that the final play area would be larger with more options. POOL: We were also told that a neighboring Lennar development, Sherron Farms was planned and that we would be able to join the Sherron Farms pool & clubhouse since we were also a "Lennar Community." Now the story has changed. I can WALK to the clubhouse/pool in progress for Sherron Farms but we are only allowed to join a pool that we would have to DRIVE to get there.

Original review: July 11, 2017

First, the toilet tank connection broke and flooded our first floor. After a week of hounding them, they came out to fix it -- and ripped out the bathroom and closet nearest. They left plastic partitions to keep us out of the area while it dried. Then they forgot about it for 3 weeks. Only after hounding them did they remember to come back and remove their machines and the plastic. After another few weeks of hounding them, they came back and fixed the walls and fixed the toilet.

When building the house next door, they broke our water line. When I confronted them about this, they told me that we should "deal with it, this is a construction site", despite the fact that we had moved into our house some 4 months previously. Water was out for over a day. At the same time, they broke the water to the sprinkler system, which they still haven't repaired, over 3 months now, despite repeated requests.

The grouting job around the master bath is substandard. Some areas don't even have any grout, and the areas that do show that the grout has cracked away from one side. They refuse to fix. The kitchen and bathroom faucets in every room leak around the faucets when you turn water on, they refuse to fix. The kitchen hood was not hooked up to the outside vent before they installed the cabinets over the top of it, so that it was blowing air into the house, rather than out the vent -- they did fix this. The carpet was not nailed down on the staircase, so it began to slide, quite noticeably. They refused to fix.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I moved into a new home - Executive home late November 2012. Since then I have had nothing but problems. Tiles cracking left and right, the same ones had to be replace three times before they used a membrane underneath. Many houses in this development had the same issue where Lennar had to replace ALL the flooring. It was a hush-hush issue or I would've made more of a stick since my tiles still are cracking and now they won't do anything about it. I had a roof leak in 2013 and now a second roof leak two weeks ago. Lennar states it's not covered under the 10 year warranty, and in the email Lennar responded, stated that I only had a one year warranty on it.

Have had electrical problems where my breakers would pop when I turned on lights - this went on for over a year. My AC unit was installed wrong where the air flow is not dispersed evenly in the house, so only one side actually gets good ac. Had them come out - Lennar did nothing. Within the first three years had to replace the dryer - stopped working; the dishwasher - stopped washing; the washing machine - started to leak on the floor. Before the roof was leaking, I was sending in a complain about the grading slant that runs "into" my patio where mold builds up. The last two years my health has declined, and now I have a small pond every time it rains behind my patio because of the grade.

Then the roof situation started to leak and the experience with Lennar has been the worst. They advertise that they produce a quality product, and that they have an awesome warranty that they stand behind. They have wiggled all around it. It was POOR CONSTRUCTION when built. This is the second leak 10 feet apart from the first one. Lennar and the Roofing Company needs to take care of this problem. Neither will take responsibility for their poor workmanship. I would NEVER buy from Lennar again.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I am a single parent, work full time, Veteran who utilized VA home loan to purchase my first home. We had regular pest control set up within the first week of moving in. (Dec 2016) We have two dogs, both are on oral flea/tick meds and UTD with all shots. Fast forward to mid-March. My daughter noticed two small bugs crawling on one of the living room interior walls because it was only two, I didn't think it was a big deal. I grabbed paper towel sprayed with raid and got rid of them. A week later we saw another one on my bathroom wall. Still, just one, no big deal. April 22, I was out in the backyard picking up after our dogs and noticed an enormous amount of tiny bugs that jump, all over the backyard. Majority were directly behind the house. We don't have landscaping, but there were weeds growing at the time. The entire front yard was still covered with original mulch laid down by the builder.

Initially, I thought they were fleas because they were jumping. That evening, (Sat Apr 22), my daughter noticed them inside the house, along the floor in front of the sliding glass door. When I further inspected, they were crawling on the wall, crawling in and out of the gaps between wall outlets and drywall and on the windowsill next to sliding glass door. I tried to spray them with raid, and that did nothing. I went to the store to get flea/tick spray and Ortho Home Defense for outside and that did nothing. I ended up vacuuming what was there, only to find that more had crawled in within the hour. That night, as we were about to go to bed, I noticed them on my bedroom windows. My daughter noticed them on my pillow and blanket at the foot of my bed.

That night, we packed a bag and stayed at a hotel (Apr 24). I had our pest control come treat inside and outside the following day for what I thought were fleas. That did nothing. I began to research especially since neither of our dogs have fleas and just to be safe, I went to our Vets office to get a topical flea med. Come to figure out that we have Springtails. I called our pest control the next morning and left work early so they could treat our property/home again. No success. After doing more research on how to get rid of them, I began to reduce moisture in and around the house. Turned off water source outside, raked back mulch away from the house, monitored humidity inside, bought dehumidifier, vacuumed and cleaned with bleach daily. I spent over $1000 in hotel fees after just 10 days of dealing with this.

I have spoken to several pest control companies who have all said the same thing; wait it out, they're seasonal. Or, they can treat but can't guarantee to get rid of them. I contacted the warranty maintenance point of contact and was told to submit a work request. One week later I get an email stating that Pest control is not a warrantable item. I sought help from my realtor who referred me to contact two lawyers.I was told to stick with pest control. Since Apr 25, (now is Jun14) I've had 7 pest control treatments. We've stayed at friends houses that live 20 mins away or even slept in our car, in the garage. I had two separate pest control companies treat, both technicians think that they are coming from under the foundation.

After 5 weeks of this ongoing issue, not having slept in our own home and 7 pest control treatments. I have laid out pest sticky pads along all windowsills and along the ground in front of sliding glass door. You can see the amount of bugs still coming inside the house. I spoke to Fair Housing Commission of CA and they referred me to seek legal action. I wrote a letter to the maintenance point of contact and also sent it to the Director of Construction with everything I've done up until this point. The next day I received an email stating they will seal up the gaps of wall outlets, send a pest control company for a one-time treatment and do the 30-day inspection repairs that still haven't been completed. The repairs for the 30 day TLC have been done.

Today, I had a scheduled timeframe given by the builder of 12pm-4pm. I work overnight so I stayed awake to ensure I wouldn't miss the appointment. 4pm comes and no call/no show from pest control. I contact the builder and was told they were running late, that they could be here in 20 min. (this is at 4:39pm). I replied and said, no, the sched time was 12-4. I made sure I was up and available. About 5:05 the doorbell rings. It's the Pest control. I still haven't slept and still have to try and get sleep for work tonight. I allowed them to treat. However he only treated outside and told me to go buy a fogger for inside.

I am beyond displeased with Lennar. I am fearful that because these bugs are seasonal, we are going to have this every year or after it rains. I can't afford to be displaced from my brand new home. Aside from our infestation, our 30-day Inspection was done in late Feb 2017; we moved in Dec 1, 2016. Those repairs from that 30-day inspection have just been completed today, June 14, 2017. We also have hairline cracks in the stucco on the bottom corners of the most windows, inside and outside. There's a cargo strap hanging from the bottom of the stucco on the side of our garage. A crack in the driveway which I was told was going to get filled in, but hasn't. I wished I would have heeded the warnings from the bad reviews I've read about Lennar. Save your money and buy elsewhere. I am losing my mind with this bug problem and a home I am paranoid to be in. DON'T BUY A HOUSE FROM LENNAR.

Original review: June 13, 2017

We closed on our new construction home February 28, 2017. During the walk-through we could not believe the 3 car garage had a crack from one stall all the way to the third stall. Lennar told us the cracks were within industry standards. The same with the covered lanai in the back of the home. Huge crack from front to back. After moving in, we noticed several other problems with the house. The sliding glass doors did not operate correctly. The garage door openers did not operate correctly. A palm tree is dead in the front yard. The exterior water faucets do not operate at all. It's like pulling teeth to get someone who really cares to come out and fix these problems. DO NOT buy a Lennar home.

Original review: June 8, 2017

We went through the process to buy a new home from them at the housing known as Landera in San Antonio Texas. We got rejected during the process. We laid down $500.00. Earnest money down. The check cleared the bank in 8 days. After our loan was rejected during the process we were told we would get the refund within 8 weeks. Now it's 12 weeks and no refund has been issued. I posted it on social media and was quite disturbing how we found out we are not the only ones they did this to.

So we made report to the BBB and found there are many reports made about the same thing. They have no right to keep the money. If this is the way they are we can only imagine how shoddy their homes are. DON'T LET THEM RIP YOU OFF LIKE THEY DID US AND MANY OTHER PEOPLE. We have started legal proceedings against them. QUIT RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. PAY THEM WHAT YOU OWE THEM. Bottom line. If anyone reading this had the same problem get a lawyer.

Original review: June 8, 2017

We purchased our house here at Lennar at Caroline Hills (Jacksonville, FL). We were just looking for potential houses since we just moved here from San Diego and we still had a lease that time. When we walked in, the consultant was very nice. We told her we still have a lease but we're checking the area so we know where to buy once our lease is done. She said Lennar will do the lease buyout. And if we purchase that day we will have a low interest rate and Lennar will pay the closing cost ($13k). See thought we got ourselves a good deal. The consultant took a copy of our lease from our landlord. She said she already spoke with the property manager and that the lease will be taken care of.

Fast forward one month later. She said Lennar won't pay the relisting fee, and the lease buyout only covers the prorated rent. I kept asking her for the lease buyout agreement. I didn't know who else to contact so I posted in their Facebook account and I received a call. He said he will review our contract and get the said of the consultant who was helping us. Guess what? The lease buyout was denied by Lennar because they gave us low interest rate and paid for closing cost. We were NEVER informed that they won't cover the lease buyout.

Now this consultant said we should be thankful because she got us a deal. We have a meeting on Monday, but she texted me and said nothing will be settled. The way they do business is NOT transparent. After you close the house they won't honor their word. I'm really shocked about this. I have all her text messages assuring me the lease will be taken care of. When I called the realty company that managed the house we rented they said Lennar didn't respond to the lease buyout they sent. We were telling our friends and co-workers about Lennar and how they will take care of their lease if they bought a house, but now they just lost potential clients because NO WAY we are going to refer them after the way they treated us. We were so trusting but they betrayed our trust.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Lennar Homes, new home 8 months old surface cracks in the stucco all over home 5 places. Made an appointment and the inspector came a day early at 8 am. No advanced call. Look at all the cracks and said "we do not fix those not covered under warranty." I explained that our neighbors had the same problem and their cracks were fix. He said he did not care about their home just mine. Both built by WCI home builders. Lennar bought WCI about 4 months ago. This guy looked unprofessional with a stick on name tag. I asked him how long he work for Lennar Homes and did not answer me. DO NOT BUY AN LENNAR HOME. Check reviews first. Terrible reputation. WCI was a good home builder until they were bought out. Now stay away from WCI HOMES and LENNAR.

Original review: June 3, 2017

We placed a deposit on a Coach Home at Bonita National in April 2017. Before the 15 day period, we canceled. We were told the deposit would be returned in 2 to 3 weeks. Still, no check after more than 6 weeks and the agent won't return my telephone calls. Beware of this company.

Original review: May 24, 2017

We purchased a home in late January 2017 and had a couple issues at move in, but, they were resolved and I thought it was no big deal and then I got to know the HOA! What HOA? They are non-existent! Our neighborhood is full of violations and no one is sticking to the rules. Now, I don't know about you, but, when I pay $400,000+ for a home, I don't expect my neighbors to grow corn in their side yard next to the sidewalk on a corner lot! I have presented an entire list of violations to the HOA and was told basically... tough! The homeowners are livid! And worst of all is that half the community is still not built, so we have another year for individuals to place more violations in their yards, eg. statues, hideous artwork and little signs stuck in the ground of dogs pooping saying, "Please don't poop here". This community is not the community I dreamed of when we bought this home. I expected the HOA to do its job and protect my investment!

Then to make it worse they tell you that you have to pay 3 months upfront to Lennar for the HOA (Campbell Property Management of Lake Worth). You think it is going for the first three months of your HOA... oh no, it goes to Lennar to line their pockets! You never see a dime of that money. We are paying for a non-existent HOA who lines their pockets with your money and does NOTHING in return! I can't wait for the builder to leave this community. Sad part is... what state are we gonna have to dig ourselves out of?

Lennar Homes Company Information

www.lennar.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business