lennar.com

1.2/5 (58 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: June 10, 2014

I would not recommend buying a Lennar home. We will never buy through them again. They expect you to pay full price for the home but give you patched up work and call it acceptable, because they hire less than qualified contractors to build their homes.Warranty items are very slow to be addressed as well. I would not buy from them ever again. Very very dissatisfied with a builder who we thought was a quality home builder. I assure you - they are not!!

Original review: April 24, 2014

BEWARE - what you see in the model home is the quality that you will get. Model homes are built in 2 months tops, rushed and hurried with shoddy work. If you have a Construction Manager named Adrian **, he was our Construction Manager, also beware that there will be scheduling issues and he will sit in his office all day long and not supervise the contractors doing the work. Adrian made a lot of empty promises that were never kept. The foundation on the house next door to us was 2 feet short, another house that Adrian is "supervising". Lennar's Sales and Construction Manager will never admit they were at fault on their mistakes and will blame the problems on you or various contractors that they employ, when in fact it was their fault.

My son has really bad allergies and should literally live in a bubble. First off, we were told that carpet would be last to be installed, not the case. Adrian's explanation on that was that he can't schedule everything according to plan. So I had asked 3 times, to the German the sales guy and to Adrian, for them to make sure the carpet was covered when they do the drywall and paint. Not once was the carpet covered and when I addressed the issue with Adrian, his answer to me was "It is what it is." It is not what it is when our main concern is my son's allergies. This is the attitude you will get from Adrian the entire time.

Our house was missing 2 windows for 5 weeks. And every time we asked Adrian about it, he said it was being ordered and yet houses being built all around us were getting windows. Every word that comes out of his mouth, German, or Adrian's boss Jeff, is all half truths. This is the most unprofessional group of people with a lack of customer service skills I have encountered. The large group text messages between this group of people never get answered or resolved, which will be screenshot and sent to Lennar Corporate along with detailed pictures of all the problems we have encountered.

We have been in this house less than a month and two of those weeks. We have contractors out here fixing problems that Adrian knew about, but failed to follow up to make sure it was getting resolved. Instead of admitting he knew about the problems, which can be shown in a string of text messages between myself, my husband, Adrian, Adrian's boss Jeff, and the sales guy, German, he passes our issues on to the Warranty department.

We deeply regret having ever bought this home. We were told by German, the sales guy, in January that the house would be done by the beginning of March. We needed to give a 60 day notice at the apartment and told German we needed a definite date. The dates then kept changing to mid-March, then to the end of March, back to mid-March and finally, end of March. We hired an inspector to come out and inspect that house two days before the scheduled initial "Quality Assurance" Walk Through. The house was not in any condition to be inspected, so we had to pay the additional charge to have them come back out to inspect the house the following week before the Final Walk Through. Plumbing, door hardwares, landscaping, lighting fixtures were not done. They had the guts to comment to us that they have never had anyone have their house inspected 2 days before the Final Walk Through and Closing. Again, not our fault, but the person who is in charge of scheduling, ADRIAN **.

His boss, Jeff, blames us for rushing them to finish our house, but the house on the other side of us had their foundation poured the same day as our house. They closed on their house a full month ahead of us. Every time we asked why our house was not on schedule, their excuse is the weather. It's funny that our house has the same "weather" as next door, just a different Construction Manager, and yet they finished a whole month before our house. Weather? I think not. Our Construction Manager, Adrian, slacking on his job? I think so.

Also, know that the painters they use are "Top Quality" according to Jeff **, Adrian's boss. But yet they have to paint on the door hinges due to the skill level of these painters. (Hmm Top Quality? I think not if they have to paint the door hinges). You will find texture all over the baseboards, which they painted over instead of sanding down and painting. And even their fingerprints in the semi-gloss paint on the window sill or carpet fibers stuck to the baseboards because they failed to tape the carpet down before painting. Their "Top Quality" painters will also argue with you when you point out areas that needs to be fixed. A piece of trim in our upstairs bedroom had gobs of caulk caked all over the front of it. When asked to scrap off the caulk and paint it, the painter says "No, just paint. Caulk needed to hold trim in place."

Well, we had to involve Lennar's Director of Construction to come out to our house and see the problems for himself. Needless to say, we were able to request a different contractor to come and remedy some of the paint issues. After prying off that small piece of baseboard trim, there was about an inch of caulk caked on the front of the trim and none on the back. Yeah, "Top Quality" work. Seems like Lennar should be giving bonuses to their painters for the lack of paint that they use on our house. There are various areas throughout our house that they said has two coats of paint, but in fact, you can see the differences in the paint colors and areas with some semi-gloss paint on the door but the other half does not have semi-gloss. A lot of cutting corners and half-** jobs. If you decide to build here, even after reading this review, watch them like a hawk and good luck getting them to resolve anything.

Original review: April 19, 2014

The absolute customer support you could imagine. We purchased our condo (Lennar Goose Creek condo, Ashburn, VA) the last day of 2013. The day of settlement we should have detected there was going to be some major issues. From cabinet replacement to low water pressure to squeaky floors to missing back splash. The list goes on and on. The first day it rained we had about as much water inside our unit as it was outside. Our heating was terrible... We were promised a quiet well built home. We can tell you what our neighbors had for breakfast and repeat the majority of their conversations.

Time and time again we write and call with very little response. When they do show up they end up doing about a third of their work. They always are filled with excuses. We are running low on patience and tolerance. Looking for a condo build by Lennar? Think a festival times before signing anything. I hope this saves you from making a very big mistake. I wish we would have followed some of the reviews before. We didn't.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2014

We were lured to Lennar because there were move-in ready homes and we were simply out of time. Lennar looked like an answer to our prayers. We had some limits in place but your agent Kari ** said if we were pre-approved for $250,000 we should easily get approved for $260,000. With that, we moved forward and put a contract on a SPEC home in Deerfield Lakes for $259,900 and $1,500 down. We were off and running smoothly, until the appraisal. We needed an appraisal of $263,000 in order to wrap everything in and be able to make this happen - it seemed reasonable since the home just dropped in price from $268,000.

Sadly, it came back at $250,000 and after running new numbers - even with the generous drop in price from Lennar to $250,000. We would have still been unable to make this happen. Without hesitation, we advised our realtor who advised Kari **. She told Mark (**, our realtor) we would lose $500 of our deposit which was fair enough. We had already gone through most of our savings with short term rentals - deposits for utilities - the appraisal etc. so getting some money back to help would be good.

After several conversations with Ray **, including one where he advised my husband that he was accepting our verbal cancellation, we learned our deposit would not be returned because Lennar Corporate would not acknowledge a verbal statement between your agent and our realtor. Francine ** reiterated Lennar would not return our deposit but would offer a credit for 12 months. Couple of problems with that - first, credits don't pay bills; second, after this fun exercise in dealing with Lennar we are completely tapped out and certainly will not be in any shape to purchase a home in 12 months. And finally, again referring to this fun exercise of working with Lennar, I don't think I'd ever consider another Lennar home.

So, I dissected your contract and there's a statement… If Buyer provides a written disapproval of loan within the Mortgage Period (and Buyer has not cancelled or withdrawn his/her loan application). Seller shall refund the Deposit to Buyer. So we canceled, within 30 days, without written notification from the mortgage broker because we, as intelligent people, recognized this was not going to be a possibility. Our bank accounts indicated this would not be a possibility. Did you want a copy of our bank statements as proof - that can be arranged.

As it was, we were using every single last cent we had to get into this 'great Lennar home'. And, as a thanks for letting us know, we're sorry it didn't work out but happy we can get the property listed as soon as possible and maybe you'll consider us when you are more prepared to buy... We got the big 'ole proverbial finger and you're keeping our deposit? Who does business like this? There is no other seller in the entire world who would do something so horrible and rotten. Why would I recommend Lennar homes to anyone, ever?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2013

We purchased a newly constructed Lennar condo in River Strand, Bradenton, Florida in February of this year. We lived there until May 1 when we returned North. We received a call from our house sitter July 4th week that we had mold. We were shocked as we had followed all directions of leaving on the AC, installed a humidistat, had a house sitter, and a trusted relative checking our condo. After many tests on our AC unit and expensive remediation and restoration of our condo totaling $30,000, all Lennar has to say is that our house sitter or us must have done something wrong. Can you believe that, really. Well, mold developed in several other condos in our building and another building. All of us with different house sitters.

We now have another expense of buying a whole condo dehumidifier. It would have been nice if Lennar had put these in the condo units since they had oversized AC units in the condos causing the AC to short cycle causing mold to grow. Now all of us have the stress, expense and heart ache of seeing our lovely winter homes being destroyed by mold. Does anyone else have this problem with Lennar? Beware before buying a Veranda at River Strand in Bradenton. Beautiful development with serious AC problems in the Verandas. Share with your friends.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2013

My husband and I are looking to purchase our second home. We were particularly interested in viewing the Nextgen homes that Lennar builds so we visited the development in the area that we are looking in. As soon as we entered the home the salesman asked what he could help with. Simple enough: we are looking to view your floor plans. We had already viewed them online but it's much different when you are standing in the home. He asked what we were looking for. I stated that we would need at least four bedrooms. His tone became very standoffish and rude. He immediately stated that he only has three homes left and that they were in a close out period and looked at us as if we should leave. He even asked if we were going to buy. I could not speak due to shock of how he was talking to us.

My husband stepped in and told him that we were primarily interested in the Nextgen line and if there were any other locations they were building. He stated that there was "one in the Cave Creek area but they started at one hundred thousand more than these ones just so you know". I was still in shock and told him that we were still going to look around. As we walked into the next room I told my husband that I couldn't believe how he treated us and we should go. He insisted that we look at the larger one next door. As we were leaving the two women that came in after us were speaking with the same man and we heard him say "we are building a new community just down the street"!!!! I turned and looked at my husband with my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe he not only was rude to us and judged us as soon as he laid eyes on us but he flat out lied!!!

Our budget could more than cover either one of the current locations they were building not to mention they were in areas we were interested in but after that experience Lennar Homes couldn't pay me to live in one of their homes. K. Hovannian and Richmond homes had representatives that were welcoming, helpful and did not judge us. Amazing that this company is still in business especially with salespeople like this and all the reviews I have read on them.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2013

I went to see the property located in Williamsburg, VA and it was very beautiful. I was shown the entire area for almost 2 hours before the realtor agent and loan agent decided to tell me this is an age-restricted area. I maintained the right attitude, but this was a waste of my time when they could have told me before the tour. This is a sign of lacking business skills and consideration. Also, they never told me how much the home was until I got home and looked again online. Maybe there needs to be some extra training for them in order for this property to sell effectively. If the loan agent is a lawyer, then maybe she needs to go back to her field where she can be effective. Unfortunately, it is not this one.

Original review: June 7, 2011

I purchased my home on January 30th of 2000 which was built by US homes then who changed their name to Lennar Homes. Since I purchased it I have been experiencing a lot of problems with plumbing, and bay window leakage inside the house. I tried to find out who built the house and asked the home owner's association; they could not give me any information.

This has taken years to find out when finally Loudoun County building and permit department was able to let me know that it was US homes who are working now under the name Lennar; their office is in Chantilly, VA but their main office is out of Florida I think where James ** is. I kept calling them; they never returned my calls. I left messages two years ago.

In 2010 when we had the big blizzard. The snow caused the deck to give way and was detached from the structure of the house and became unstable. The bay window leaked inside the living room because they did not put flashing to drive the water away from the house. I had to call several people who attested to me that the builder did a lousy job and did not put flashing.

Ever since this happened, I had to have someone fix the problem. Because the builder did not use the right materials and the right techniques to avoid these complications, homeowners are left to struggle with the consequences of dishonest builders who use cheap materials and irresponsible contractors who put homeowners in danger. We can't go out on the deck for fear of danger. When I finally got hold of them about three months ago, after many attempts calling them for almost three years now, a lady by the name of Gillian *** in customer care finally called me about a month and a half ago. She promised to send out someone to look at the deck. She lied to me, kept promising that she would get back to me and after about a month passed, a Wyatt sent me a letter denying that they built the house.

I had called the County inspectors for the building and permit department who came to look at the deck and they saw the kind of nails that were used to fasten the deck to the house. They also took pictures of the gap and nails. They were surprised and I questioned them on the inspection they do before those houses are sold to homeowners. Their response was that they would not have known because the nails were not exposed. I think this was an unsustainable excuse because you can tell if they used the long bolts to bolt the deck to the building. I would not have known because I do not know about that stuff. If the County inspectors did not catch it, how could I have found out until a catastrophe had to happen to expose those nails and the deck shakes. The same thing with the bay window. I would not have known until the leaking happened. It makes me wonder if really the county inspectors are doing their job before they approve the homes for sale.

When Wyatt sent the letter to me denying that they never built homes in my area, I confronted him with the permit number which I got from the County Department of building and permits. He said he would get back to me. He also lied and to date I never heard from him. Finally Gillian called me about two weeks ago and said that she had put a file together and forwarded to a James ** who is out in Florida. A week passed and then he called me and left a message with an 800 number and his extension (which I do not have on me but will be very happy if you call me to provide to you with the complete address of their office in Chantilly, Va). I called him back and he was very rude, provocative, disrespectful and said that they will not consider any of this issue and he said it is a "big No".

I found this to be very irresponsible from a company that wants to stay in business given the housing market situation and the customer care department responds to customers in a rude and disrespectful manner. I told him that I will be talking to future home buyers about their company and their dishonest practices. Yesterday and during this time, I have been trying to resolve the matter with them. I have had many people come to give me estimates in order to do the job right and have a safe deck unlike what they did. It would cost me, adding the bay window and the paint that needs to be done inside the living room about $6,000. I can't afford paying for the mistakes of a builder and the irresponsible practices they have done. This is a life threatening situation. We are prisoners in the house. We can't go out and enjoy the weather on our deck because a lousy builder is putting us in danger.

I am hoping that you will help us get our rights and that builders who use dishonest practices because of their greed should be punished and monitored very closely so no other homeowner be subjected to this kind of greed and deception. I have filed a complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau who told me that there were already 5 complaints against them.

My neighbors had to change the plumbing. Two of my neighbors have bad decks as well because the person who came to look at my deck saw the gap in my neighbors' decks between the deck and the structure of the house.

I hope I will hear from you soon. Thanks for all you do to help us, the consumers, fight back those greedy builders and any company that takes advantage of the buyers who buy in good faith but later find out the lousy work done in their homes. I hope you will be able to contact them and you can call me any time on the phone number I provided in the Complaint. If you have any questions or address for that home builder and their phone number please call me. I hope you can take this to litigation and also to the media because homeowners and potential home buyers need to know and be enlightened and think twice before buying from a builder. They need to check on complaints with the BBB to make sure they don't experience what we are experiencing today. They cannot get away with this and unless we stop them, they will continue cheating on the building materials and putting more people in danger. Imagine if we had been on that deck and it collapsed. Who will compensate us for our lives or our danger? Thanks.

Lennar Homes Company Information