lennar.com

1.1/5 (67 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2015

Poor quality of construction. Floor with bad installation. Several door in poor construction. Living here for 8 months: A/C had to be repaired, the dishwasher had poor installation, the house door had to fix installation...

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

To make short I bought my home in 4/1/2015. After twenty days I had a major leak from the bathroom, after two month mold in the ceiling caused by a different leak in the main bathroom. After 75 days another leak caused by the poor quality of tiles and grout. My conclusion that, Lennar build expansive houses with very poor materials and subcontractors. I just wonder where state of New Jersey and why do they allow them to work. I have pictures and videos but it's a waste of time. The only reason I am writing this is to save a hard working family.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2015

We have lived in our Lennar Home for 8 years. We have a 10 year warranty on the structure of the house. A few of our shingles flew off in a thunderstorm and we had a roofer come to replace. The roofer told us that we needed to call Lennar because the roof was not installed correctly. We contacted the Charleston office, which you cannot call - you have to email. I did and it takes them forever to answer your emails. I asked for them to call me and talk. All they will do is email. I have sent 5 emails to get an email that said "I'm sorry, I know that is not the news you wanted to hear. Shingles are not part of your 10 year structural Warranty." No one called or even called to come over and look. Our roofer said Fiberglass is exposed. Valleys are not installed correctly. We will have problems. I now have asked for someone to call and no email back. Now I have asked for the email of CEO and it has been two days. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2015

We met Holly ** (Lennar sales agent) who did not impress us with her hospitality to start with. We felt that we were rushed. At the time we were selecting a lot we mentioned to Holly that we were deciding between Wildbrooke and another community in the same school district and picked Wildbrooke because there was a cemetery near entrance to another subdivision and it was a deal breaker for us due to cultural beliefs.

We signed a home purchase agreement with Lennar to build a dream house in Wildbrooke. Contract is 51 pages and we were rushed thru as there were other appointments that day. We knew we have to sign everything and wouldn't be able to read every single line. Holly went over some points she thought were important and everything seemed reasonable so we signed it. We gave Lennar earnest money and additional check for half of the amount to finish basement. Before selecting a lot, we also checked google maps to make sure that we picked a perfect lot. The lot we picked was not even released at that time.

A month and a half before closing we found out from another agent in that community that our dream house is backing up to an old cemetery. Even though contract mentions that there is a cemetery along the eastern boundary line of the Community (which we surely did not go over while signing contract) but even more disturbing fact is that it's backing up to our lot which makes it pretty much on our backyard. It is not easily seen from the house since it is not functional and disturbed and trees grow over the old graves. There is not even a road leading to it. It totally looks like a green buffer between Wildbrooke and another neighborhood.

We totally feel that the information was deliberately withheld from us. Lennar is there to sell homes, make profits, they don't care about customers! As the prices for homes in Wildbrooke went up 30k after we signed contract we were hoping to ask for partial refund or our deposit. We tried to contact the sales manager Patricia **, but no one ever replied.

We paid them over $25k for this house that backing up to cemetery. We have 2 small children that will be emotionally disturbed if they will find out about creepy cemetery behind our dream house. Here is a quote from Lennars website: Lennar Atlanta is under the inspired leadership of Division President Todd Jones. Todd, an Atlanta local and accomplished homebuilding professional, leads a team of 85 experienced associates, all equally committed to working with integrity and delivering the highest level of service and value. Holly is Lennars representative and it is such shame that Lennar hires individuals with such low values. LENNAR doesn't even want to hear you, WHAT HIGHEST LEVEL VALUES ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2015

I am not going to bore you with all the details, let's just say Lennar is not all it's cracked up to be and anyone reading this may want to research other builders. I have had issues from faulty electrical work to a crack across the entire length of my home. I have to say that some of the workmanship is shoddy at best and you always seem to get the run around. Additionally, after having a home inspector in my house I learned the real truth about the quality of care that goes into Lennar Homes. Yeah, not so much!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

We met Mr. Wayne ** who was very friendly and welcoming at the time. When we sat down to start the process we told him, that we wanted the following: Whole basement finished (including the area that the model has unfinished). Finished patio with stones as saw in a model home he showed. The interior of the whole house painted as model.

At the end, the SAME house as the model but with the additions mentioned before. To all of these he said YES! He quoted the price without the additions (obviously) because he was going to get back to us on that once he talked to whoever was in charge. When we meet again to sign all the papers and we follow up with all that we talked, he back down and said that the basement and the patio was not possible and that we didn't talk about it. Since then everything is being downhill dealing with this Mr. Wayne **.

Today, we went to the community and found SURPRISE again! The little liar hit again when told us that they as builders DO NOT custom paint the houses. You could imagine my surprise when I heard those words - no, that was enough. Mr. Wayne ** was such a liar with a terrible sales skills because you cannot lie to people deliberately just to sell and have your commission. Mr. Wayne ** represents your company, and is such shame that you hire individuals with so low values as him. Now what we have left is a house that I don't feel comfortable buying anymore, that started based on bunch of promises that now cannot be delivered. We hope this email don't go to trash or get lost in cyber space. On our end, we will post reviews in every social media possible about the way your sales force conduct themselves to make people aware of these scams.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

I bought a new construction home from Lennar. Their construction quality is so cheap and they are not concerned about the customer problems. Even though customer says it is fire hazard they don't change. Communication is horrible. If you have a question they never answer it in timely manner. Don't be surprised if they never get back to your question. They do not perform any walk through with the owner when it is supposed to. Construction manager does not even know what is happening at the lot on any given day. He says "ohh I am also surprised as you." I got a closing date in October before even all the issues fixed. I made my arrangements for that and week later they says now it is in August. They don't care about customers whether it is possible or not. I brought this to Lennar corporation in Miami and waiting for their reply.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

We closed our home about two month ago with Lennar in Cumming GA. After staying in for two month we found no matter what wall outlet we use in master bedroom for ironing our clothes, the circuit breaker trips and shuts of all lighting in master bedroom (point to note is not a single light in bedroom in use while ironing). So we tried in other bedroom and it worked fine without any problem whenever we ironed. So we informed Lennar about the problem and filed a maintenance complaint. There comes a representative from Lennar and looks in the matter, and suggests us following options to solve the problem.

1) Change the iron as it is drawing too much power for the circuit capacity. (I have iron with 1350 Watt which is in mid range of iron available in the market from 1000 to 1500 and moreover it works fine in other bedroom and it worked fine for last 5 to 6 years in our apartment home). 2) Buy an extension cord and use outlet in bathroom for hair dryer so it can take more load. (Has anyone seen people using extension cord to use iron in their newly build home? It also poses a problem of tripping over extension cable if someone wants to go in the bathroom.) 3) Take all the clothes to the other room where wall outlet work fine, iron it there and then bring it back to bedroom. (What a big inconvenience in new home). 4) Run new wire circuit with proper capacity to use iron on that circuit. (it costs and needs finishing works to be done after wire installation so they flatly said they will not do it, "if you want, you can hire private contractor and do it but that will void the warranty from Lennar."

Can you imagine you buy a new house and cannot iron your clothes in the master bedroom? This is totally unacceptable. Lennar has not provided any higher wattage circuit in master bedroom to use iron or a stand alone room heater. This is kind of keeping buyers in dark while making contract. I asked the guy "if I had been informed I could have opted for a higher circuit and paid for that option to avoid everyday headache of taking clothes to other room and iron it there", and the answer was, "we don't provide that option". So you have to change your habit and lifestyle as Lennar wants after buying a house of 400K. What a disappointment and waste of money with Lennar. I would suggest any future buyer to test all the outlets with maximum load running, else they have to change their lifestyle which suits to Lennar. My first and last purchase from Lennar.

Original review: July 26, 2015

So prior to purchasing our home in Summerlyn I did some research on the builder on this site. I almost decided NOT to buy the house until I realized that people only leave reviews here to complain and write about negative experiences while people that are happy leave no reviews at all. So we decided to pull the trigger and buy the house and are happy with the purchase. The only issue we have so far is problems with the GFCI outlets tripping in the bedrooms when high draw appliances are plugged in. Not sure if they were installed improperly or if they all need to be replaced. However it doesn't bug us too much because we never use high amperage appliances in the bedrooms with the one exception that led us to find out about the problem of course. Overall we feel the house was a great value compared to what we paid for it and are happy with our purchase.

Original review: July 21, 2015

We chose a Lennar home in the League City TX area and we're fairly happy with our purchase. They compensated us when we woke up to a waterfall in the downstairs den when a nail that had pierced a water pipe upstairs rusted out. It took almost a year and rebricking our bay window to finally realize the flashing was installed upside down. Instead of channeling water away from the house and window, it was channeling it into the wall and inside the house. Mr. Stuart ** was even aware of the issues we were having! Within that first year, on one of the many times that the construction manager and a Lennar VP came out, I showed them one of the upstairs bathtubs. It was continually stained. They had the audacity to tell me that I wasn't cleaning it well enough - I had a dirty tub. I was a good customer and said "ok" and thought maybe I should be doing more.

Over the next couple of years, I noticed the surface of the tub was getting thinner and thinner (and I was using the correct cleaners.) Then all of my kids moved out and I started showing in there. I realized that the tub wasn't draining properly. There was always water standing in the tub after a bath or shower. I contacted Lennar since it was very apparent now that the tub was installed incorrectly AND that Mike ** (construction manager) and the VP (have to look up his name) didn't take the time to explore the issue or they simply lied to me. At ten years, this tub had a rusted bottom. I haven't resurfaced it or replaced it yet because I think Lennar should! You can see from the rust spot where the water sat. Even once I realized what was happening, trying to get Lennar to investigate and make a repair, and tried the tub by leaving a towel in to soak up all of the water - nothing helped.

We should have moved into our house in April 1999 but because of the weather and city permits it was August 1999. They were behind and rushing to get the last few homes on our block finished. They took my dining room fixture and put it in next door so that house could close! Our forever has been a fair house maybe even a good house - but we've had lots of issues that Lennar management just swept under the rug. There were issues with our construction manager and the way he ran things and management and ownership didn't right his wrongs. So the question is: Does Lennar review these comments/complaints or are we simply sharing our grievances with one another?

Original review: July 21, 2015

Multiple issues early on. Everyone on our community has had major trouble with their air conditioning units. Driveway cracked within first two months. They fixed it, but reluctantly. Garage door opener had to be installed by purchaser. Whoever heard of that? Garage door put up incorrectly, fell and caused > $800 damage to my car. I demanded they pay and they did. First home I ever bought and definitely last Lennar home. Poor quality overall.

Original review: June 12, 2015

The upstairs floors have about an inch of cement on top of the floorboards. We contracted an excellent contractor to lay marble. We knew the floors needed leveling, but we did not know the extent of how uneven the floors were and how damaged the cement was. The loft area of the upstairs is over an inch lower than the bedroom floor next to it. The cement on floors in front of the bathroom and loft area are cracked thru to the floor boards. You can see where the builder had poured an addition layer of cement in these areas but did not bother to level it out, so the floor has a wave pattern. All of this can be seen with the eye without the use of a leveler. The builder must have poured the cement in each room separately instead of all at once, because if he had used self-leveling cement we would not have waves in every room.

The contractor pulled up tile in the bathrooms and the cement was cracked and came up with the tile. Because the builder set the floor trusses at 24 inches on center instead of 16 inches, the dead weight capacity is on 10 pounds per square foot. Not this may not matter if you or future owners want carpet upstairs. However this does not make sense to me. Carpet in humid Florida! In addition to that, the price of their home were selling in the half million or more price point. Everything in this house is builder grade and sub-level work. The neighbors I have talked to say that their floors are not level either. My doors don't close properly and have sunshine coming thru them. The roof leaked. The roof I was told had some kind of design flaw and several homes of this particular model had problems with the roof. My contractor told me that I had been mislead when I was told that Lennar was one of the best builders. Lennar is one of the worst.

Original review: May 30, 2015

After reading all the complaints, I did not read where the homeowner paid an inspector to inspect prior to their closing. Also, I did not see where an inspection was performed BEFORE the 1st year warranty ran out. Out of all the homes here in Jacksonville, FL, Lennar's houses look best. I mean, after all, it is all that we can afford and yes, I am nervous, but I've educated myself and even created my own checklist along with paying an inspector. I promise you that if the house does NOT meet our expectation, we are not going to move in. As for this forum, I think it is a great opportunity to share information about the builder. For instance, did any one know that if you do not MAIL your warranty card into the manufacturer, it will shorten your warranty by 5 years. Who really remembers to do this? So please, share valuable information.

Original review: May 19, 2015

We were going to have a home built in Crossroads, Texas that was at the end of a cul-de-sac near a pond and walking trail area. We had several meetings and paid $750 for earnest money ($250 was for electric deposit I think) and then several weeks later we get a phone call stating our house won't fit on the lot as planned and we were to be moved down several spaces and get an "upgrade" of shutters and stone on the elevation. The whole reason we were even interested was because of the original lot by that pond, shutters and stone did not make a difference to us! It sounded fishy and raised a red flag.

Thankfully, because they could not build on the original lot, the contract was null and void and we would have had to start over with more paperwork and a new contract if we wanted to continue with the build. We are so glad we had a loophole and backed out! One more thing, we have asked every week for the last two months where our $750 refund check is and are told it has not come in yet and as of today, "there are so many cancellations that everything got delayed..." Uh huh. If that's true then wow that should tell Lennar something...

Original review: May 8, 2015

Currently I am looking at a new house by Lennar in DFW as I am relocating. The sales person at Lennar was not nice, once stating in a smug manner that this community is not for everyone. Excuse me?! I just was approved by your loan department for 450,000. I'm spending 380,000 and you have the audacity to treat a customer like that? I love the house but I don't love the process or the way I was treated. I have been rushed the entire time since someone else who didn't put down a deposit might be interested in buying the house? Have you qualified them? Why are you more concerned about them than me. Very turned off at this point. I've tried to contact upper management with no luck of a return phone call. Mind you I saw the house once and live in South Florida where the Lennar name is good. Be aware when you work with them. It has been an unpleasant experience this far so I will keep you updated.

Original review: May 6, 2015

We moved in January, 2013 and have experienced nothing but problems. We have air quality issues and water intrusion causing mold and other problems. We have had three major plumbing breaks, flooding several rooms. We are unable to use two bedrooms and the guest bath which we have sealed in order to contain the odors. We have had the entire home retiled 3 times due to poor quality. The home I sold was 12 years old and had zero problems the whole time we lived there. I have had 6 new homes during my lifetime and have never experienced such shoddy workmanship or lack of concern by a builder. We are experiencing loss of energy, eye problems, headaches and sinus problems. Lennar stalls, makes excuses, sends an unqualified worker out after 4 or 5 complaints and nothing gets done. If you buy a Lennar home, you deserve what happens to you.

Original review: April 27, 2015

Lennar advertises that they construct their homes with sound proofing materials. What a manufactured lie!! I purchased a Townhome built by Lennar and the walls are extremely hollow sounding. I hear my neighbors talking through the walls and I can even hear them closing their cabinets. When they go through their front door my whole wall shakes and vibrates. I will never buy another home from Lennar again.

Original review: April 27, 2015

We purchased a Lennar home in May of 2014 and on the first day we moved in we felt like we moved into the Addams Family home. The door hinges were all squeaking. We had them replaced them about 3 times now and the latest and complete replacement was less than 30 days ago, and they are already squeaking again. I have been asking them to quit using the crappy hinges and buy real architectural grade hinges for my doors but they refuse to. This being the 4th set they purchased and replaced could have paid for itself now but they want to continue buy junk components for the temporary fixes and hope they can past the 1 year mark so they can be done with my complaints. Because after a year I was told that it becomes my problem.

Today they sent a person from Frontline Response by the name of ** who said she was with Lennar Customer Service. But I found out later she was from another company hired by LENNAR called FRONTLINE RESPONSE after she mentioned that Lennar is possibly being sued and we should not take part of that or else you might not be able to get things fixed if I join the class action and it goes to court. I then told her to leave my house at once!

Original review: April 21, 2015

We put down money on a home and later found out the lot we were purchasing was not going to be as planned. We were told it would have wrought iron fencing and open to a dog park, but instead an 8-foot high wooden fence was put up. I'm sorry but living like we are in a prison yard is not our idea of a nice yard. We then ask for a refund and was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks that was the end of February.

After about 5 weeks contacted the salesman and we were told it was being processed and it would be overnighted. Waited another week and told the same thing again, another week later and still nothing. Finally it was that was sent weeks ago then it was 'oh wait that was another person with the same name as us!!!' Yeah right. Now we are near the end of April and we are told it will be another two weeks because it hasn't even been process and it's sitting here in the Dallas office and has to go to Corporate in Florida!!!

Oh and once they get the check sent to them in Dallas THEN we can either come and pick it up or they will then overnight. They have the most incompetent bunch I have ever seen. But it sure didn't take them two and half months to take our check and cash it!!! Big Business at its best. NEVER AGAIN WITH LENNAR HOMES!!!

Original review: April 13, 2015

The first year I had to have air-conditioner repaired and again for the same thing the next year. They also sent someone to make the repairs and all he did was try to sell me his personal DJ CD. They put the sheetrock over the downstairs cable box and had to come and repair that. They had to come and repair the master bathroom toilet because it was rocking and giving in the floor. The grass they installed in everyone's yard is nothing but weeds. Even the city made them come in, remove all the streets (yes, ALL the streets) and replace them before they would take it over. NOW, they refused to make the promised repairs and now say everything is out of warranty even though they were the repairs they said they would do, and some of the identical ones already done but not done properly. Horrible customer service.

Original review: April 12, 2015

We bought our home 6 years ago. The walls are cracked. We have a leak on our ceiling from our upstairs bathroom. Our appliances all have broken within first 3 years. I have called and no one had ever offered to correct problems. We have another builder in our community Hibiscus Homes and the quality of those homes compared to those of Lennar is almost embarrassing for us Lennar homeowners. No cracks evident on their houses at all. We wanted this to be our forever home… but it's falling apart.

Original review: April 8, 2015

After we moved to our house in summer the shingles from the roof started coming off in spring. Now this is a regular thing where every year 10 to 15 shingles come off every year during spring. We called Lennar and they said they cannot do anything about this as we own the home. After nagging and continuous reach out they got it fixed initially and now after 4 years they don't entertain the calls and respond to our complaint.

We contacted the person who had actually built the roof and he told us that he advised Lennar not to use the cheap and poor quality shingles and workmanship but they did not listen. The shingles are applied directly on the roof above a plastic sheet. It is so poorly applied. The contractor thinks that Lennar should change our roof as it will not last any longer. Lennar tells us that this is not covered in the warranty while we believe that roof has a 10 year warranty. We are so upset with Lennar as the material and workmanship is so bad everywhere in the house.

Original review: April 7, 2015

Lennar homes, I don't know where to start in my disappointment in them. It started from the sales to finance to lender/title escrow and down to the construction of the house... The lending, Title, Escrow (all owned by Lennar) were awful to deal with. With our house not closing on time due to their poor judgement and lack of consideration with us, left my family and I out of a home for more than two weeks. The lack of communication continued well after we moved in with paperwork and details of the loan not handled in a timely manner.

The sales office was "OK" to deal with beside the ridiculous contract that were forcing my lender to sign which is unethical and illegal. (Which forced me to use Lennar lender, big mistake.) The construction of the home is horrible. We paid a large "upgrade" for hardwood floors to be installed and I am still disappointed in them. I asked several times for them to be fixed per Lennar home warranty with no satisfaction or action taken on their part.

Our pre move in home walk I pointed out several things wrong with the home which none were taken care of- lighting in the living room, kitchen breakfast area (all in one room) do not line up and are all over the ceiling makes for a large eye sore. House is poorly insulated and walls are very hollow. They used plastic piping for all of our water inside the house instead of copper piping which requires you to use a pressure regulator (No water pressure inside or outside). Block walls on property lines have no footing or rebar in them and are not grouted at all (sure hope it doesn't fall over in an earthquake. Stucco is cracking all around the house. Trim paint is all over stucco and asked to paint over several times with no response. The latest is the patio lighting is off set from one side to another by over 3 feet difference.

Their response was it's the same as model. This was the nail in the coffin for me. I would not recommend Lennar anyone. They have their own agenda with the whole process and do not take any consideration to the customer. It's all about how many house they can build and sale. When you spend that kind of money you expect a better product... If you are looking for a new home look elsewhere. Lennar is not the place to spend your money. Builder offers a poor product and does not stand behind any aspect of the home or what they said they would do.

Original review: April 2, 2015

I would NEVER recommend Lennar Homes to anyone! They lie in their advertisements about solar homes and make it sound they offer something unique when they offer a solar company to rent from them or purchase, as if we can't do that on our own. Which anyone can buy and install. I and neighbors have had many problems with our homes, including a gas leak in the attic. The furnace connector was only hand tightened and not securely tightened by a wrench.

After multiple people mentioned my house smells like gas, I contacted PG&E to do an inspection. They arrived immediately within 10 minutes and did a thorough inspection, and sure enough everyone was right!! I had a gas leak of 1 cubic feet per hour in my home. Location: Master bedroom closet in the attic from loose furnace connector. Also, I had an issue with my gutter when it started raining. The water would not drain and would overflow on to my property windows. Water would not drain and mildew grew until water evaporated from the sun. I have images to show here. Since December 2014 till April 2015, nothing has been done and all e-mail responses have been saved. I was constantly being told soon or tomorrow.

Solar: They never walked me through the solar system documents well, and without much knowledge, I'm stuck with solar panels on my roof with three bills: True-up, PG&E and SunStreet. Obviously much higher than when I was paying without solar being turned on. Typically my PG&E bill prior to solar was $40 to $80. Now, I pay $600 True-up once a year, PG&E $90 every month and $40 SunStreet every month! Problem here was… they never took the time to explain the solar system disadvantages prior to purchase. Now gas leaks, UNBELIEVABLE!

I'm angry at the moment and I'm probably not making much sense but I was the first to buy in my development. First to move-in with a 65% cash down payment, while they had me running around for documents for months. Sold me the second most expensive unit in my entire development, even though the lot is much smaller than other neighbors, and they lied to me about raising the price to 5k to 10k higher on the rest of the properties after mine! They lie a lot! They don't hire proper contractors! They don't fix anything that's faulty in the first year! They are scammers and I have NO idea why they are the 3rd best builders in the US! They absolutely suck! I have bought homes from KB and Standard Pacific in the past and had fantastic experiences. None like this! LENNAR, YOU LACK QUALITY, HONESTY AND PLACED MY FAMILY AND I IN DANGER!!

PS: When we first bought the house, there was cockroaches everywhere! They didn't even bother to spray down the place!

Original review: March 28, 2015

I purchased my home in 2006 - a Lennar build. I was in the military at that time and deployed multiple times since then. Every time I came home from an extended absence from home, I'd spend the next several weeks (or months in one case) repairing damage caused by faulty and sub-standard construction. Lennar sent reps out to "discuss" some of the problems but, quite frankly, they were little more than con artists who tried to put the responsibility on me. I am completely disgusted with this company and its policy of denial and deflecting.

Two days after Christmas, 2009 (only three years after buying this home), my basement flooded. The concrete walls around the house weren't packed down properly and water kept seeping into them, until the integrity of one wall completely failed and flooded my basement. Two Lennar reps came out and promptly informed me that Lennar's warranty doesn't cover finished basements since Lennar doesn't sell houses with finished basements!! This is in the face of the fact that Lennar's shoddy construction caused the damage to my basement - regardless of who finished it! Unfortunately, I grudgingly accepted this excuse and repaired my basement myself ($5,000). Less than a year later, one of the cheap pipe fittings in the kitchen burst one night and flooded the main floor and the basement (again).

I ended up filing an insurance claim, but that still costs the homeowner due to increased premiums. It cost my insurance company close to $35K to repair all of the damage. Between 2010 and now, I've had constant "minor" repairs (uneven walls, millwork falling apart, drafty windows, heaving and sinking concrete in my garage - requiring a new garage door, and faulty electrical and plumbing). I finally filed a BBB complaint after yet another one of their reps came out and tried to tell me my landscaping was causing my garage floor to literally break apart and the concrete slabs on my driveway to separate and pull apart. Lennar's VP of Operations for Colorado contacted me after this, came out to my home to inspect the mess his company called a "home" and STILL proceeded to tell me the sub-standard construction was "normal for Colorado".

He did concede (verbally) to fix the sub-standard insulation in my garage. However, after three months of waiting for a reply, he came up with the excuse that Lennar doesn't have a sub-contractor that works in my area. This is the worst company I've ever dealt with. Lennar clearly falls somewhere just slightly above phone scammers, in my book. I think companies like deserve severe financial, if not criminal penalties for defrauding consumers of their hard-earned money... And lots of it. I will add some images to show some of the remaining issues I haven't fixed yet.

Original review: March 23, 2015

We purchased our home from Lennar and moved in about four weeks ago. I thought we were getting a new home but the list of terrible workmanship and replacements go on and on and on. Everyday you think you're done, something else rears its ugly head. In my case nothing is major, but when you have a list of 50 small items they become big.

From tiles being uneven, to cabinets not placed on the wall properly, the smallest water heater in the world - you can't even fill up the bath they put in the house with hot water because it's not big enough. Missing locks on windows so intruders can come in, water damaged and broken cabinets, electrical issues, terrible paint work, interior walls sooo thin you can't stay asleep if a guest decides to use the bathroom in the night. Our tiles have a grimy substance all over them and nothing can get the grime off. And yes, as someone previously mentioned the worst grass ever in the world - all around our grounds are holes in the ground where little kids can fall into etc. The granite on our counter tops has glue all over them - ALL OVER THEM and on the underside where the bar is there is paint. And this list doesn't include what I actually noticed before moving in - this is just what I found after.

I'm terribly disappointed in this house - mostly because my husband and I paid a lot of money for it just so we could avoid moving into a house that needed fixing up - and now we have to take down our entire kitchen and bathroom to redo the cabinets - WHY WOULD YOU PUT IN BROKEN AND WATER DAMAGED CABINETS TO BEGIN WITH??? Stay away... far far far away. Their everything included package is a load of crap!

Original review: March 22, 2015

If you want a stress free experience please shop around or try other builder but please SKIP Lennar Homes. DO NOT buy from them. I understand they provide a bigger house for a cheaper price compared to other builders but that comes at a cost of your personal stress. They do shoddy work, and patched up finish on the home and will force you to close on the home with promised 1 year warranty which is a drag. The warranty for a year is barely a warranty. You would have to call 1000 times before the work gets done.

And the warranty guy thinks that he is running the company or he owns the world. But unfortunately it looks like he is extremely pissed off about his job. He is always in a rush and hurry where he himself does not know what's coming next. Whenever you ask him about the job that needed to be done the previous week he is always puzzled and gives you an answer literally like an idiot. He literally thinks he owns this company. And the construction manager is so incompetent. He does not have any work ethics. Basically the whole team who builds the homes are some newbies trying to get established. Well anyways, If you have an option to buy somewhere else, do not even think and just buy with some other builder.

Original review: March 17, 2015

It is beyond ridiculous the run-around and the hoops you must jump through to get them to do ANYTHING. I had the house inspected and had a warranty. I thought I was good. 1 month after close First freeze: The heater was never connected to the thermostat. 3 visits from the service company. 3 separate windows where I had to take off work. The company they sent me asked me if I had the owner's manual for the thermostat. They hadn't ever seen one like it before. Great! 3 different visits before the problem was solved. 3 nights below freezing with no heat.

Oven not connected: For 3 weeks I was told they had come by to fix but I wasn't home. They had tried to call to set up appointment but they didn't have the right phone number. I was told they fixed it. I was told many things. Finally - the construction manager called a plumber. The plumber wasn't the person and had to schedule a particular electrician. Electrician installs an outlet because there was not one for the oven and has to call the plumber back. All of these are different service windows. Again - taking off work for each of these visits.

My new washer still doesn't drain. I've had a repair man come two times. Lennar tells me to call Electrolux. Electrolux doesn't return phone calls. Lennar does nothing. Service windows between 8-5. When they actually follow up and come to fix something, they have tracked in mud. Wiped greasy hands on new white towels. Left the oven pulled out and unscrewed. Everything is very half-way done.

Humorous part: While on vacation, I get an email wanting to make sure I am happy with my new home. They will happily address any concerns. They can schedule an appoint the next morning between 8-12 or the following afternoon between 12-5. They pester me with emails, phone calls and texts until I return. When I do respond, the only assistance I get is a list of phone numbers to call regarding the problems I am having. She is only calling to see if I am happy and to walk through the house. I fail to see how that is useful or solves any of the problems that need to be addressed. When I asked, I got no response. Typical.

Original review: March 2, 2015

What do you get with a Lennar home??? You get cookie cutter styling (same home multiplied over and over again)... cheap windows, lighting, switches, toilets, etc. etc. etc. Abysmal customer service once you purchase!!! Poor quality (we have leaks and many things went haywire)!!! If I had it all to do over again, I would have spent a little more money and built a custom home with a smaller builder concerned about their reputation to survive -- Lennar is NOT!!!

Original review: March 2, 2015

My Lennar home has defective construction and Lennar has failed to remedy my situation and the Austin, TX office is horrible. Do not buy a Lennar home, they are poorly constructed and the builder fails to stand behind their product.

Lennar Homes Company Information