Find a Home Builders partner

lennar.com

1.1/5 (58 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2015

We bought a new home from Lennar Homes in Clovis, California, and after we signed the papers we had a walk through, they told us that they would fix the problems we pointed out, but we haven't heard from them. They won't return our calls and their phone number has been disconnected. I don't know what to do next. Can anyone help me?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2015

Customer Service is horrid. Promise of 30 day, 90 day, and 1 year review and fixes in home: good luck getting anyone and fix anything!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2015

Recently purchased a home from Lennar. I was stated a certain amount for the home and for three months this amount stayed the same. When I signed the final documents the house cost $8,000 more. I did not add anything to the house. Since the house was already under construction I had to take as is. If anyone has had this problem or knows someone that I can talk to about this please let me know.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2015

Based on my family's experience, I would not recommend a Lennar home to anyone. Honestly, the workmanship is extremely shoddy at best!!! Please do yourself a favor and read the reviews before even considering making Lennar your new home purchase choice - there is serious merit and truth in the complaints. I am not going to take the time or energy to go into all of issues and problems we have had with our Lennar home; however, I will confirm the lack of service, foundation issues as well as the poor finish work.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2014

I can't express how angry I am with the purchase of my new home. When my family and I were shopping for a new home, I felt Lennar, being the leading builder in the Nation would have A+ CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have emailed, called and even closed on my new home with many problems that still need attention. The service that Lennar provides is not anywhere near what they sell you on at the time of purchase. All they care about is being the #1 builder; but in this case, if someone were to ever ask me about purchasing a new home with LENNAR, I would tell them to find another builder.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2014

I signed a contract with Lennar on Feb 16th 2014. My husband and I walked the lots, chose our lot, picked out the floor plan we wanted and gave a $2,500 earnest deposit. Our house was estimated to be built and completed June 30th 2014. That date changed to July 9th to July 25th to August 16th to August 30th to Sept 30 to Oct 24th the day of closing (Oct 24th 8 months later). We were told we couldn't close because all the paper work wasn't completed. We ran around all day trying to get things done while having 2 infant kids out sweating in heat along with a large moving truck full of furniture waiting to move in. We finally closed at 10 pm that night!! Once we got our keys and headed home to unload the furniture and kids, my garage did not work so I had to go in through the front door. And soon as I walked in my kitchen, WHAT DO YOU KNOW? They installed all the wrong cabinets not just in my kitchen but my bathrooms and my laundry room!!! I'm Pissed at this moment so now I'm stuck carrying furniture through my front door instead of my garage door and on top of it all my dishwasher had been hooked up incorrectly so my floor is flooded and I have no fridge nor stove! I cried my eyes out and went to bed.

Today is Dec 6th 2014 and I still have not received the correct cabinets. Every single person I spoke to gave me an short answer and ignored me. From that point on I ended up calling Mr. John ** (corporate office) and I still have no date to have my cabinets corrected. Lennar was the worst experience of my life and I wouldn't refer them to anyone not even an enemy! My house still have blue table everywhere. They were suppose to do paint touch up in the areas and it's still not done almost 2 months later. Also I have wall plugs that doesn't work. I have holes in the walls above my cabinets. My sprinkler system is flooding my yard and I have holes in my floors underneath my carpet and I was charged CDD fees when my community clearly doesn't have any! This place suck. Sad to say my very first home is a LEMON.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2014

On 05/26/2014, my husband (Benjamin) and myself was preapproved for the home on Bainebridge Estate in Jacksonville Fl. We did the walk through and picked out the house. Put $1000 down then on 05/29/2014, I received a kidney transplant. They sold the house to someone else.

Resolution response: March 25, 2015

After filing several complaints and working up the management ladder, Lennar and the floor installation company came to an agreement to replace all of my hardwood flooring. After additional persuasion, they also agreed to replace the floor with a stronger hickory wood. Floors were replaced Dec 2014. After three months of wear I'm happy to say that the new floors are holding up well. I have been satisfied and very grateful for the new product.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2014

Lennar boasts "everything included". However, what is not included is customer service and honoring their warranty. Lennar is currently contracted with Mohawk for their hardwood flooring. It is installed in every house in the subdivision Hills at Round Lake Camas, WA. This engineered wood is a very soft eucalyptus wood and is a horrible product to put on any weight bearing surface especially a floor. For both myself, and the other six families in the new development, our hardwood floors have done nothing but splinter and chip. I have over 90 chips on my floor.

We immediately contacted Lennar about the problem. They provided no initial communication as to what solution they were working on. We started this process in July. In October, we still don't have a firm answer. So the problem with buying Lennar is that they contract all of their work. Lennar doesn't want to pay for a floor to be replaced so they are trying to pass the problem off to Mohawk. Mohawk knows that this is a cheap floor product and doesn't want to be held responsible either.

The floors really should be recalled for as far reaching as the damage is. If Lennar was any kind of company with integrity, they would replace the floors for the customers immediately, then, go after the floor company and settle money with them. Instead they are passing the buck. So their solution for now is that they will replace only the boards that are splintered. For me, that's 90% of my floor. They will replace it with the same product which I believe will only splinter again. So if you are in the market for a house, do not even consider buying a Lennar house while they are still using Mohawk for their hardwood flooring.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2014

Bought my home in 2003: Replaced whole AC in 5 yrs. $6k. Chronic window leaks through out house. Took 4 yrs to fix after legal threats, an independent inspector ($500) who found structural problems. They tried to buy him off. Garage Door opener replaced in 3 yrs. Microwave, D/W and Stove went bad within 5 yrs. Mold clean up b/c Lennar didn't install a simple control that help recirculate air to prevent moisture build up ($1200). The worst thing is living everyday not knowing what will go wrong. And then there is the Lennar post sales customer support that is terrible at minimum. I wish I had done my homework and researched this builder thoroughly before buying their lemon of a home. Very expensive lesson!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2014

I just purchased a Lennar home at Briar Oaks in 07-14. All of the stories of folks experiences I took with a grain of salt. I will say that aren't too many issues that are apparent at this time, but to get these idiots to do what needs to be done is like dealing with a 3 ring circus. The key they gave for the front door didn't work, took two weeks to get a working lock. It seems that it takes 15 people to accomplish one task. The front door jam was cracked. After finally get someone to replace that, then you need a painter to caulk and paint. Well then that one makes a mess and someone else has to clean up behind them and someone else to reinstall the security sensor. Still not properly corrected.

There were three electrical outlets on the counter base, which didn't work. An electrician from whatever company comes over and has to make a hole in the base of the counter to get to the power that isn't connected to the outlets. Now I have four instead of three electrical outlets that are out of balance in the way they are placed on the counter. Now someone has to come and repair the drywall, which will then requires someone to come and paint. It's been more than a week since someone did these two jobs and they're still not competed. Looks half **.

We've still got a problem with the pantry doors, glue in the guest bathtub, a broken overflow, a shelf missing in a cabinet, and finally a very sloppy looking window frame over the front door that's scratched and all kinds of overlapping paint. Contacting customer care is like a black hole, which I did receive a response from and was told on the 08-17-14, it'd be 2-3 days. I have to ask 2-3 days from when???

I do realize that what I'm dealing with is no near as bad as some of the other issues I've seen, but I can say it doesn't look like anything has gotten much better. If you say you're going to do something, it would seem that you would. Is it worth it to buy a Lennar home, I can't really say at this time. Time will tell. No matter what your problem is, be sure to get it in writing!!!! The grain of salt, put it on your shoulder and never let it fall off!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2014

I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll make a list of all the problems I've had and then just take the highlights of poor service from there as I've spent far too much time already trying to fight with them to fix the crappy work they did in the first place. I haven't lived in the home for more than 5 months and this is what I have so far. Roof leaked, foundation cracked, broken support beams in the basement, grounding rod installed improperly, big mud puddle in backyard from poor grading, shoddy job at best laying sod. 3ft bush planted 1ft from home, laminate flooring bubbled up, fake hardwood bowing up (not installed properly), garage door opener broke, asphalt installed poorly with 3/4" lip leading up to sidewalk. Carbon monoxide detectors not installed to code.

They told me they were after I questioned them and had to go bad again after printing state code to show them they were not up to code, then I got a lecture from Aaron about how co detectors should be on the floor and that he gives contractors a pass without checking up on their work, yes, really. Half the doors weren't installed properly and rubbed against the frame, masonry work done incomplete, when questioning the contractor he tried to lie about the "right" way it was done but the pillar next to it was done differently?? Siding has fallen off my house and it's the absolute cheapest stuff you can buy (hoping for a hailstorm). Siding contractor stated himself that he was "embarrassed" by the job that was done, then left. Did I mentioned the mud puddle in the backyard yet. Sprinkler system waters half the driveway, there was also a sewage pipe run to the wrong angle, it was sloping up, not down, gross!!

That's just the issues I can think of off the top of my head, now to their customer service trying to correct the issues. The first one was trying to get construction debris, nails, sharp metal, tools, etc. removed from the unfinished yard (built in winter so no sod yet) and we have 3 young kids. A reasonable request as there were roofing nails sticking straight up with little orange bases at least 2 inches out of the ground. I asked at least 4 times to have it removed when finally the Lennar saleslady came knocking on my door with her husband and kid and said they would pick it up for us!! RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A DINNER PARTY, THERE WERE FOUR CARS IN THE DRIVEWAY! I'm perfectly capable of bending over and picking up trash but after spending $360k didn't feel it was my job.

When I was called by Lennar to give a review I told the truth about the passive aggressive gesture and received an email from her that night stating how "she's never responds to reviews but has never been treated that way before and was so offended I would leave that kind of review". Yes, they tell the people you're reviewing exactly what you say. That's just the beginning.

When the foundation cracked and leaked water in my basement, they came out quickly to fix it, one feather in their cap but a pretty big mistake to start with. I've sent Aaron, the construction manager, and Renee the lady who's supposed to manage warranty work at least 30 emails, have waited weeks for a response, and have had to ask 4-5 times for things to get done before they reluctantly send the same crappy contractor out to try and fix the poor job he did in the first place. So I decided to call an inspector out just to see what he thought. He made a list of issues and over 75% of them were addressed by Aaron as being a "best practice" when building a house but Lennar doesn't do that. It especially bothers me that they told me my carbon monoxide detectors were up to code, when they were not, and I had to spend the time looking it up to prove to them they were wrong, only then did they come fix it.

Another good story.....the roofers left nails all over the roof that could be seen from the upstairs windows. I didn't want them discoloring the roof or falling into the yard for my kids to play with so wanted them removed. The first 4 times I asked I was ignored, then my roof leaked during a thunderstorm. Took them 4 days to get a guy out to fix the leak, which he did. When I asked the 5th time to have the nails removed, the owner of the roofing contractor's son came out. He was awesome!! He ended up redoing 4-5 different areas of the roof that he claimed would have leaked, replaced 4 bundles worth of shingles that were either installed improperly or were damaged by the siding company, those were his words, and apologized it wasn't done right the first couple times.

And to top things off I asked the rest of the roof be looked over by the guy that came to fix the first leak, if one guy can find enough issues to spend 4+ hours fixing it right why didn't the first guy? Even better yet, why didn't Aaron, the construction manager look over the work he hired his subcontractors to do? I'm really tired of writing and could go on all day with a dozen other things. (Only reason I have the time for this is I'm stuck in the hospital waiting to go home after our 4th child's birth).

I think the problem starts with Lennar demanding the "construction manager" take the lowest bid. To add insult to injury he obviously doesn't look over the work before signing off, and as admitted to me by Aaron, the construction manager, he knows the inspectors so well that they take a quick look at things and then just sign off. I believe this because in hindsight some of the issues are beyond explanation and should not have been turned over to me in that condition. My advice, DON'T BUY A HOUSE BUILT BY LENNAR IN MINNESOTA!!

Original review: July 4, 2014

We purchased our home in November of 2012 in the beautiful community of Oceanaire, NJ. In February of this year, 2014, we observed our concrete driveway was crumbling and spalling. Spalling is a process in which concrete chips and peels and flakes due to improper mix. We contacted Lennar to try to get the repair and/or replacement of the driveway and they advised that it was due to rock salt and the concrete driveway is not under the extended warranty. The concrete company Justicon came to the house to inspect it and of course they said it was not their mix - it was improper application of rock salt. We advised that there was no rock salt placed on the quarters of the slabs closest to the garage, nor was it applied anywhere else to our knowledge and the Justicon representative said that it was because it was on our tires from the roads. Really?, then why were none of the other surrounding driveways looking the same as mine?

So we consulted with the association and they had an engineer inspect the driveways and they made the determination that it was not due to rock salt - in fact they stated that they do not use rock salt and that the cause of the disintegration of the concrete is due to the improper mix, improper application or too watered down when they spread it. We have had concrete driveways for more than 30 years in Long Island and this never happened. Well we have come to learn that there are at least 30 other driveways that are disintegrating but none look as bad as ours. Cathy of Lennar inspected the driveway and we have received a letter from them telling us that it is not Lennar's responsibility because the "homeowner or the association" placed rocksalt on the concrete. All I now is that we paid over $400,000 for our home and have a driveway which is crumbling and peeling and Lennar is passing the buck. We are not looking for anything other than what we paid for and are entitled to - this is a construction defect which they do not want to correct. They have washed their hands and refuse to service the issue.

As an aside, we also had a problem with our stacked stone. The stone contractor actually stopped by our house one day, unsolicited, and stated that our stacked stone was not correct and they voluntarily came to repair it. They sent their worker but they did not send enough stone to complete the job and the corner stones were left undone while the rest of the stone was done. In an effort to get the job completed we tried on multiple occasions to get them to come back and sought the assistance of Lennar and again Cathy comes to the house and says there is nothing wrong with the stone - so it cost us over $300.00 to repair what should have been done by the contractor for which there was no support by Lennar. So my point is that they do not stand behind their products; they do not follow up on their contractors to make sure that the job is done correctly and then when it is not, they nothing to rectify it.

Original review: June 21, 2014

We purchased a Lennar home in 2006. First off, the oven did not work. After repairs it is still junk. Master bedroom Slider lost its seal and mold is growing between the windows. Lennar says, "Your problem, oh and by the way, whoever made your windows is out of business but I have a friend that could give you a good deal on a new window."

Original review: June 11, 2014

I bought my Lennar home 8 years ago. At first I loved the house, but one by one the appliances starting breaking. First the dishwasher, then Microwave, Refrigerator, Oven and finally the spring on the Garage Door. I thought Lennar was the builder that sold more for less. I believed the hype but found out it's just a bait and switch. Caveat emptor. Don't buy Lennar!!!!!!! They won't even call me back to address the issues and this has been ongoing for years. Since I need to add extra words, I might as well complain how they put inferior grass in my lot. It's supposed to be Bermuda but it's full of weeds and I have tried everything!!!

Original review: June 10, 2014

I would not recommend buying a Lennar home. We will never buy through them again. They expect you to pay full price for the home but give you patched up work and call it acceptable, because they hire less than qualified contractors to build their homes.Warranty items are very slow to be addressed as well. I would not buy from them ever again. Very very dissatisfied with a builder who we thought was a quality home builder. I assure you - they are not!!

Original review: April 24, 2014

BEWARE - what you see in the model home is the quality that you will get. Model homes are built in 2 months tops, rushed and hurried with shoddy work. If you have a Construction Manager named Adrian **, he was our Construction Manager, also beware that there will be scheduling issues and he will sit in his office all day long and not supervise the contractors doing the work. Adrian made a lot of empty promises that were never kept. The foundation on the house next door to us was 2 feet short, another house that Adrian is "supervising". Lennar's Sales and Construction Manager will never admit they were at fault on their mistakes and will blame the problems on you or various contractors that they employ, when in fact it was their fault.

My son has really bad allergies and should literally live in a bubble. First off, we were told that carpet would be last to be installed, not the case. Adrian's explanation on that was that he can't schedule everything according to plan. So I had asked 3 times, to the German the sales guy and to Adrian, for them to make sure the carpet was covered when they do the drywall and paint. Not once was the carpet covered and when I addressed the issue with Adrian, his answer to me was "It is what it is." It is not what it is when our main concern is my son's allergies. This is the attitude you will get from Adrian the entire time.

Our house was missing 2 windows for 5 weeks. And every time we asked Adrian about it, he said it was being ordered and yet houses being built all around us were getting windows. Every word that comes out of his mouth, German, or Adrian's boss Jeff, is all half truths. This is the most unprofessional group of people with a lack of customer service skills I have encountered. The large group text messages between this group of people never get answered or resolved, which will be screenshot and sent to Lennar Corporate along with detailed pictures of all the problems we have encountered.

We have been in this house less than a month and two of those weeks. We have contractors out here fixing problems that Adrian knew about, but failed to follow up to make sure it was getting resolved. Instead of admitting he knew about the problems, which can be shown in a string of text messages between myself, my husband, Adrian, Adrian's boss Jeff, and the sales guy, German, he passes our issues on to the Warranty department.

We deeply regret having ever bought this home. We were told by German, the sales guy, in January that the house would be done by the beginning of March. We needed to give a 60 day notice at the apartment and told German we needed a definite date. The dates then kept changing to mid-March, then to the end of March, back to mid-March and finally, end of March. We hired an inspector to come out and inspect that house two days before the scheduled initial "Quality Assurance" Walk Through. The house was not in any condition to be inspected, so we had to pay the additional charge to have them come back out to inspect the house the following week before the Final Walk Through. Plumbing, door hardwares, landscaping, lighting fixtures were not done. They had the guts to comment to us that they have never had anyone have their house inspected 2 days before the Final Walk Through and Closing. Again, not our fault, but the person who is in charge of scheduling, ADRIAN **.

His boss, Jeff, blames us for rushing them to finish our house, but the house on the other side of us had their foundation poured the same day as our house. They closed on their house a full month ahead of us. Every time we asked why our house was not on schedule, their excuse is the weather. It's funny that our house has the same "weather" as next door, just a different Construction Manager, and yet they finished a whole month before our house. Weather? I think not. Our Construction Manager, Adrian, slacking on his job? I think so.

Also, know that the painters they use are "Top Quality" according to Jeff **, Adrian's boss. But yet they have to paint on the door hinges due to the skill level of these painters. (Hmm Top Quality? I think not if they have to paint the door hinges). You will find texture all over the baseboards, which they painted over instead of sanding down and painting. And even their fingerprints in the semi-gloss paint on the window sill or carpet fibers stuck to the baseboards because they failed to tape the carpet down before painting. Their "Top Quality" painters will also argue with you when you point out areas that needs to be fixed. A piece of trim in our upstairs bedroom had gobs of caulk caked all over the front of it. When asked to scrap off the caulk and paint it, the painter says "No, just paint. Caulk needed to hold trim in place."

Well, we had to involve Lennar's Director of Construction to come out to our house and see the problems for himself. Needless to say, we were able to request a different contractor to come and remedy some of the paint issues. After prying off that small piece of baseboard trim, there was about an inch of caulk caked on the front of the trim and none on the back. Yeah, "Top Quality" work. Seems like Lennar should be giving bonuses to their painters for the lack of paint that they use on our house. There are various areas throughout our house that they said has two coats of paint, but in fact, you can see the differences in the paint colors and areas with some semi-gloss paint on the door but the other half does not have semi-gloss. A lot of cutting corners and half-** jobs. If you decide to build here, even after reading this review, watch them like a hawk and good luck getting them to resolve anything.

Original review: April 19, 2014

The absolute customer support you could imagine. We purchased our condo (Lennar Goose Creek condo, Ashburn, VA) the last day of 2013. The day of settlement we should have detected there was going to be some major issues. From cabinet replacement to low water pressure to squeaky floors to missing back splash. The list goes on and on. The first day it rained we had about as much water inside our unit as it was outside. Our heating was terrible... We were promised a quiet well built home. We can tell you what our neighbors had for breakfast and repeat the majority of their conversations.

Time and time again we write and call with very little response. When they do show up they end up doing about a third of their work. They always are filled with excuses. We are running low on patience and tolerance. Looking for a condo build by Lennar? Think a festival times before signing anything. I hope this saves you from making a very big mistake. I wish we would have followed some of the reviews before. We didn't.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2014

We were lured to Lennar because there were move-in ready homes and we were simply out of time. Lennar looked like an answer to our prayers. We had some limits in place but your agent Kari ** said if we were pre-approved for $250,000 we should easily get approved for $260,000. With that, we moved forward and put a contract on a SPEC home in Deerfield Lakes for $259,900 and $1,500 down. We were off and running smoothly, until the appraisal. We needed an appraisal of $263,000 in order to wrap everything in and be able to make this happen - it seemed reasonable since the home just dropped in price from $268,000.

Sadly, it came back at $250,000 and after running new numbers - even with the generous drop in price from Lennar to $250,000. We would have still been unable to make this happen. Without hesitation, we advised our realtor who advised Kari **. She told Mark (**, our realtor) we would lose $500 of our deposit which was fair enough. We had already gone through most of our savings with short term rentals - deposits for utilities - the appraisal etc. so getting some money back to help would be good.

After several conversations with Ray **, including one where he advised my husband that he was accepting our verbal cancellation, we learned our deposit would not be returned because Lennar Corporate would not acknowledge a verbal statement between your agent and our realtor. Francine ** reiterated Lennar would not return our deposit but would offer a credit for 12 months. Couple of problems with that - first, credits don't pay bills; second, after this fun exercise in dealing with Lennar we are completely tapped out and certainly will not be in any shape to purchase a home in 12 months. And finally, again referring to this fun exercise of working with Lennar, I don't think I'd ever consider another Lennar home.

So, I dissected your contract and there's a statement… If Buyer provides a written disapproval of loan within the Mortgage Period (and Buyer has not cancelled or withdrawn his/her loan application). Seller shall refund the Deposit to Buyer. So we canceled, within 30 days, without written notification from the mortgage broker because we, as intelligent people, recognized this was not going to be a possibility. Our bank accounts indicated this would not be a possibility. Did you want a copy of our bank statements as proof - that can be arranged.

As it was, we were using every single last cent we had to get into this 'great Lennar home'. And, as a thanks for letting us know, we're sorry it didn't work out but happy we can get the property listed as soon as possible and maybe you'll consider us when you are more prepared to buy... We got the big 'ole proverbial finger and you're keeping our deposit? Who does business like this? There is no other seller in the entire world who would do something so horrible and rotten. Why would I recommend Lennar homes to anyone, ever?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2013

We purchased a newly constructed Lennar condo in River Strand, Bradenton, Florida in February of this year. We lived there until May 1 when we returned North. We received a call from our house sitter July 4th week that we had mold. We were shocked as we had followed all directions of leaving on the AC, installed a humidistat, had a house sitter, and a trusted relative checking our condo. After many tests on our AC unit and expensive remediation and restoration of our condo totaling $30,000, all Lennar has to say is that our house sitter or us must have done something wrong. Can you believe that, really. Well, mold developed in several other condos in our building and another building. All of us with different house sitters.

We now have another expense of buying a whole condo dehumidifier. It would have been nice if Lennar had put these in the condo units since they had oversized AC units in the condos causing the AC to short cycle causing mold to grow. Now all of us have the stress, expense and heart ache of seeing our lovely winter homes being destroyed by mold. Does anyone else have this problem with Lennar? Beware before buying a Veranda at River Strand in Bradenton. Beautiful development with serious AC problems in the Verandas. Share with your friends.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2013

My husband and I are looking to purchase our second home. We were particularly interested in viewing the Nextgen homes that Lennar builds so we visited the development in the area that we are looking in. As soon as we entered the home the salesman asked what he could help with. Simple enough: we are looking to view your floor plans. We had already viewed them online but it's much different when you are standing in the home. He asked what we were looking for. I stated that we would need at least four bedrooms. His tone became very standoffish and rude. He immediately stated that he only has three homes left and that they were in a close out period and looked at us as if we should leave. He even asked if we were going to buy. I could not speak due to shock of how he was talking to us.

My husband stepped in and told him that we were primarily interested in the Nextgen line and if there were any other locations they were building. He stated that there was "one in the Cave Creek area but they started at one hundred thousand more than these ones just so you know". I was still in shock and told him that we were still going to look around. As we walked into the next room I told my husband that I couldn't believe how he treated us and we should go. He insisted that we look at the larger one next door. As we were leaving the two women that came in after us were speaking with the same man and we heard him say "we are building a new community just down the street"!!!! I turned and looked at my husband with my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe he not only was rude to us and judged us as soon as he laid eyes on us but he flat out lied!!!

Our budget could more than cover either one of the current locations they were building not to mention they were in areas we were interested in but after that experience Lennar Homes couldn't pay me to live in one of their homes. K. Hovannian and Richmond homes had representatives that were welcoming, helpful and did not judge us. Amazing that this company is still in business especially with salespeople like this and all the reviews I have read on them.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2013

I went to see the property located in Williamsburg, VA and it was very beautiful. I was shown the entire area for almost 2 hours before the realtor agent and loan agent decided to tell me this is an age-restricted area. I maintained the right attitude, but this was a waste of my time when they could have told me before the tour. This is a sign of lacking business skills and consideration. Also, they never told me how much the home was until I got home and looked again online. Maybe there needs to be some extra training for them in order for this property to sell effectively. If the loan agent is a lawyer, then maybe she needs to go back to her field where she can be effective. Unfortunately, it is not this one.

Original review: June 7, 2011

I purchased my home on January 30th of 2000 which was built by US homes then who changed their name to Lennar Homes. Since I purchased it I have been experiencing a lot of problems with plumbing, and bay window leakage inside the house. I tried to find out who built the house and asked the home owner's association; they could not give me any information.

This has taken years to find out when finally Loudoun County building and permit department was able to let me know that it was US homes who are working now under the name Lennar; their office is in Chantilly, VA but their main office is out of Florida I think where James ** is. I kept calling them; they never returned my calls. I left messages two years ago.

In 2010 when we had the big blizzard. The snow caused the deck to give way and was detached from the structure of the house and became unstable. The bay window leaked inside the living room because they did not put flashing to drive the water away from the house. I had to call several people who attested to me that the builder did a lousy job and did not put flashing.

Ever since this happened, I had to have someone fix the problem. Because the builder did not use the right materials and the right techniques to avoid these complications, homeowners are left to struggle with the consequences of dishonest builders who use cheap materials and irresponsible contractors who put homeowners in danger. We can't go out on the deck for fear of danger. When I finally got hold of them about three months ago, after many attempts calling them for almost three years now, a lady by the name of Gillian *** in customer care finally called me about a month and a half ago. She promised to send out someone to look at the deck. She lied to me, kept promising that she would get back to me and after about a month passed, a Wyatt sent me a letter denying that they built the house.

I had called the County inspectors for the building and permit department who came to look at the deck and they saw the kind of nails that were used to fasten the deck to the house. They also took pictures of the gap and nails. They were surprised and I questioned them on the inspection they do before those houses are sold to homeowners. Their response was that they would not have known because the nails were not exposed. I think this was an unsustainable excuse because you can tell if they used the long bolts to bolt the deck to the building. I would not have known because I do not know about that stuff. If the County inspectors did not catch it, how could I have found out until a catastrophe had to happen to expose those nails and the deck shakes. The same thing with the bay window. I would not have known until the leaking happened. It makes me wonder if really the county inspectors are doing their job before they approve the homes for sale.

When Wyatt sent the letter to me denying that they never built homes in my area, I confronted him with the permit number which I got from the County Department of building and permits. He said he would get back to me. He also lied and to date I never heard from him. Finally Gillian called me about two weeks ago and said that she had put a file together and forwarded to a James ** who is out in Florida. A week passed and then he called me and left a message with an 800 number and his extension (which I do not have on me but will be very happy if you call me to provide to you with the complete address of their office in Chantilly, Va). I called him back and he was very rude, provocative, disrespectful and said that they will not consider any of this issue and he said it is a "big No".

I found this to be very irresponsible from a company that wants to stay in business given the housing market situation and the customer care department responds to customers in a rude and disrespectful manner. I told him that I will be talking to future home buyers about their company and their dishonest practices. Yesterday and during this time, I have been trying to resolve the matter with them. I have had many people come to give me estimates in order to do the job right and have a safe deck unlike what they did. It would cost me, adding the bay window and the paint that needs to be done inside the living room about $6,000. I can't afford paying for the mistakes of a builder and the irresponsible practices they have done. This is a life threatening situation. We are prisoners in the house. We can't go out and enjoy the weather on our deck because a lousy builder is putting us in danger.

I am hoping that you will help us get our rights and that builders who use dishonest practices because of their greed should be punished and monitored very closely so no other homeowner be subjected to this kind of greed and deception. I have filed a complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau who told me that there were already 5 complaints against them.

My neighbors had to change the plumbing. Two of my neighbors have bad decks as well because the person who came to look at my deck saw the gap in my neighbors' decks between the deck and the structure of the house.

I hope I will hear from you soon. Thanks for all you do to help us, the consumers, fight back those greedy builders and any company that takes advantage of the buyers who buy in good faith but later find out the lousy work done in their homes. I hope you will be able to contact them and you can call me any time on the phone number I provided in the Complaint. If you have any questions or address for that home builder and their phone number please call me. I hope you can take this to litigation and also to the media because homeowners and potential home buyers need to know and be enlightened and think twice before buying from a builder. They need to check on complaints with the BBB to make sure they don't experience what we are experiencing today. They cannot get away with this and unless we stop them, they will continue cheating on the building materials and putting more people in danger. Imagine if we had been on that deck and it collapsed. Who will compensate us for our lives or our danger? Thanks.

Lennar Homes Company Information