lennar.com

1.1/5 (67 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

In preparing for Hurricane Ian, we prepare to install our hurricane shutters. We realized that we never received the hardware for the shutters with our new home purchase. Reached out to Lennar and was advised "we are closing this case, because the warranty period has expired". We purchased new home 3 years ago. How is not being issued critical hurricane shutter hardware subject to a warranty period? Billion dollar company won't take the time to send critical hardware that would cost less than 50 bucks to protect a homeowner. Would advise all new home buyers to find another builder. Profit over service is Lennar's motto.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

At the end of April, I was told that if I gave Lennar 14700 as a downpayment on a 383K Villa that I would not need to bring any additional money to closing. They said I would qualify for FHA. They said they would give me 15K to cover closing. I sign the contract. My real estate agent asked for the worksheet that has all the figures. The finance person did a terrible job because she was more worried about her upcoming vacation than a customer. I received the worksheet approximately 30 days after signing. The worksheet said a very different amount than I was told. It said I needed to bring 85K to closing. I immediately asked to cancel the contract.

The contract was sent to me to cancel but the manager put in a sneaky clause saying Lennar would keep my 14700 for one year in case I found a house in the subdivision. I asked by email 5 times for it to be removed. The manager never responded and kept sending me the same contract with sneaky clause. He wasted 30 days. The finance person and manager just wasted 60 days of holding my money. Finally, the contract was correct on July 25. I was told by the salesperson that I would have my refund in 30-45 days. In that time, I moved a child to University of Minnesota and had to move myself because my apartment rent was going up from 2200 to 3400.

I gave Lennar my new address through email. The moves were so costly. On day 45 I called and they said 12 more days. So now we are at 57 days with no refund. I called on day 57 and they sent my refund to the wrong address. My question to the finance person was: "You asked for my money via ACH yet you want to mail my large check by mail. Why can't you ACH it?" Her answer was that she gets asked that all the time. Hey CEO, you got a problem when a question is asked multiple times.

Today I was just told another 9 days. What is Lennar doing with my money? Why can't they ACH it to me? I would have bought a house in a few years from them but not now. They are THIEVES! They have no urgency and maybe they think 14700 isn't a lot. Here is the consequences: because I spent a lot to move funds were low. I can't make payroll, I can't pay my daughter's rent, I can't buy food or gas. Lennar: your lack of urgency has wreaked havoc on my life.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I waited for a year to see what they will do and to this date. Nothing. I could not afford the house that I wanted to buy. At the last minute something affected my credit and dropped my credit rating and increased my interest rates. They tried to approve me but it was at a higher rate. The lender I had originally gone with could not get me on a lower interest rate. I could not afford it. They sold the house immediately after I pulled away and simply refused to return my earnest money. And they sold the house for a lot more. They did not lose a dime. But now I’m back shopping for a house. I will never ever consider them. Ever.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

People at this company is very hard to contact. Corporate, managers, consultants. Unless they want you to sign something or need money from you. Never again…. I been trying to cancel my purchase agreement for over a week and nothing.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

HOME BUYERS BEWARE!!!! Do not ever buy a Lennar home. My wife and I bought our 1st home and have had nothing but issues with it. We have been in it for just over a year. They may look nice but Lennar hires outside trades that do shotty work and are masters of hiding **. Lennar has been shown all the issues with my home and I have been very vocal about the quality of work. Things were found before 1 year and after trying to settle in the house and do some personal touches to make it our home, is when more of the shotty workmanship was discovered. See pictures attached (only able to post 20 pics).

Homeowners buy a home with confidence that the home is built correctly. When time comes for you to add personal touches, you're expecting measurements are correct and things installed correctly. I've had walls repaired and trade textured a wall in my bathroom put paint and no primer so paint came off in sheets, caulking around sinks came off when cleaning sink with a sponge, windows frames were not straight and 1 window was half inch higher than the other 2 windows, floor molding not cut straight and going from 3 1/2" to 2 "1/2 in height and still installed, caulking in shower lifting, a/c unit was sealed incorrectly, tons of drywall defects, plumbing issues, doors sticking, front door had massive gap and had to install a security plate so the deadbolt had something to grab, foundation was not level causing pockets in the Vinyl flooring, entire upstairs creaked wherever you walk, massive gap in front door even with door seal in place.

You could see light from inside the house at night with the door locked. Window sills not level and sloped, missing screws in light switch plates, drywall over cut on outlets and cover still installed, door frame to garage not flush against wall and pushed out, kitchen granite back splash not flush against wall, caulking just smeared everywhere, etc etc. The list goes on.

Whatever you do, if you have to buy a Lennar home, if you don't know what to look for, spend the money to have the home inspected before you move in. It really sucks having trades in and out of your home when things should have been done right the 1st time. If you need an inspection, message me and I'll gladly help or hire anyone. Just don't get taken advantage of. It is my opinion Lennar hopes that people don't find the issues. In all fairness, they have come and repaired things but doesn't always get done right.

Do not let Lennar make you think or feel you're a picky homeowner. You are buying a home and it needs to be built right. I had issues with Director of Customer Care Inland Division, Jeffery **. Piss poor customer service and makes you feel like and says your a picky homeowner. I am not naive to the fact there will be little things here and there and not expecting perfection. 1/8" or 1/16" is picky, 1/2" or more and all the issues in the pictures is not picky.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Normally how the building process works, the traders go and do their job and the builder come after them and verifies everything done correctly, well not these guys, they’d actually let the homeowner catch all the flaws, everything that slips through the crack save them time on money. It’s like they care more about their traders than their the homeowners. We bought a house from them, and nothing was done right, to make matters worse, they fought us Over fixing anything, their favorite sentence was “it’s up to business standard”. We’re not even that picky people but we could see still see the crappy job all over, gap on the floorings, curved walls, electric wall plates were hand cut to make them fit, Call Ma crooked baseboards, gigantic dips in the concrete. I was ready to walk away the day of closing to teach them a lesson but the wife didn’t listen.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I bought this house new. Since day one problems started. I don’t understand how this house passed the inspection. I had AC problems like to the point that I was 3 weeks without AC unit working and living in 100 degrees heat until they had to completely fix the unit. I had piping problems with garage flooded, cracked and unfinished and I was told that the garage is not their responsibility. I had my dishwasher falling out of the island because bad installed. They told me it’s dishwasher manufacturer responsibility to fix my falling out dishwasher from the counter.

I had rug in the closet wet and walk had to be replaced due to AC unit bad installing it and the pipes were going in the ground instead to go into the water better from the washing machine. Not replaces because maybe my cat flooded the carpet and the wall with pee, I just moved on the house so… The other day I had pipes in the ceiling in the kitchen leaking in the counter in the kitchen the wall looks wet and muddy… At this point I got a home inspector and a lawyer to evaluate the situation and go to court with this… If you can do not buy or rent here. Just run as fast as you can… I wish I could post pictures…

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Bought a new home in Veranda Preserve in Port St Lucie. I’ve been here 10 months now, still a disaster. Once they get your money, they don’t care. Customer care is a joke, they hire people who have little or no experience, just like their construction crews. I’ve seen kids working on construction sites. The construction managers are either senile or young kids. Either way, total incompetence. Fair warning. If you buy, buy from an existing homeowner as they have already gone through hell.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

My husband and I are first time homebuyers and the experience has not been the best! It’s been a year now since we’ve purchased our Lennar home and it’s time for drywall maintenance repairs I reached out to my assigned agent for Springbank and he is the worse!! Unprofessional, unresponsive and the service rendered is totally unacceptable! The painters came to redo the drywall, cracks, nail pops etc and the work they did was NOT right at all!! I called my rep same day to inform him that I could still see the cracks and mail pops that were supposedly fixed. I called same day, no response, waited two days, no response. It’s been a week now. He was supposed to call!! You guessed right, no response.

If I could give the house back I would and go with a different builder altogether. I ignored the reviews and here I am now writing one! My advice if you have NOT entered a contract don’t!! When it’s time to get things done they (Lennar) does NOT want to honor anything or do anything right he even tried to fix it in which I respectfully declined a 322,000 home. I don’t want half ass or fake fix it men. I want it done right!! I’m extremely upset. Don’t make the same mistake I made

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Homes built with bad quality. The company lies about length of warranty. Beware. Read ALL fine print! Do not buy. They will scam you. How has tons of rules. Hoa fees constantly get raised every couple months.

Lennar Homes Company Information