Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lasko Heaters Reviews

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I have 2 Lasko towers. I have had no problems with them and I don't understand why so many 1 stars. Either you're plugging it into a breaker that can't handle more than 30 watts. REPLACE IT. If you have 3 heaters well that is just stupid if you run them at the same time. That's you not lasko.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

This review is for Lasko CC13700 Digital Ceramic Heater Manufactured Feb 2019 Purchased 11/11/19. This is my first impression because I’ve had it for less than 24 hours. HINT: I saved the receipt with the packing materials so that if there is a problem, I will quickly return it to the store. I gave it one star because Lasko demonstrates that it is an unethical company: The outside of the box says “Lasko cares about the planet.” That sound like hypocritical “greenwashing” because they don’t even care about the users of their products.

The fan has a high intensity hazardous magnetic field that extends more than 36” from the unit AND from the plug. Overusing a fan appliance too close to where you sleep or work causes illness and death from cancer due to long-term magnetic field exposure which slowly damages nearby parts of the body. There was no warning in the user manual. (It mentions the other “RF” field but not as a health risk.) I have no problem with setting it up away from human activity because I have a meter and I checked the field, but what about the users who don’t know the risk? I guess the people who run Walmart, Lasko and Intertek are happy that they got their money but the people who run these companies should be called out for failing to warn about the magnetic fields generated by their products. They show disregard for the users of their products by putting user’s lives at risk.

Anyway, I bought it at the last minute before a cold snap without shopping around so my choices were limited to what was available 9:30 PM at Walmart. It was very pricey at $54. I didn’t know it had so many bad reviews until after I started using it. After opening I found The manufacturer name printed on the bottom the heater is Intertek. I had a Patton heater made by Intertek that was defective out of the box and designed to fail early due to a faulty overheat shutoff sensor hardwired in so that it could not be conveniently replaced and it had a weak fan motor which frequently stopped with glowing coils.

The Lasko CC13700 box has a stated 3 year warranty but many of the one star reviews about Lasko heaters at www.consumeraffairs.com say that Lasko doesn’t respond to honor the warranty. The handle is definitely NOT ergonomic. It is a shallow indentation with a flat, slick surface. It looks like you are supposed to stick your fingers into it, but when you try to carefully pick it up, the heavy center of gravity pulls it backward like it was intentionally designed to slip off the fingers. If you try to counter-grip the other side with your thumb, it is curved so that it would just as easily slip out of the hand. I think they intentionally made it easy to drop. You have to gently lift with the fingers and support the bottom with the other hand. The external filter seems like a good innovation but one minor issue that I have it that the flimsy plastic cover will be easy to break or lose.

It works OK as a heater with no noticeable fire hazard: The plug stayed relatively cool in the outlet and the air from the vent was instantly hot and raised the temperature outside of the bathroom by 3 degrees overnight while it dropped to 13 degrees outside. It has the usual toxic chemical odor that is normal for a new heater. I knew about that risk but I also did not see a warning on the box or in the user manual.

Anyway, it was too cold outdoors to air out the house and I woke up with the nasal irritation mentioned in other reviews. There is no hole to oil the fan and according to the manual I would have to wait 3 years to maintain the appliance to avoid voiding the warranty (which increases the chance of the fan burning out). It also has unusual 6 point screws which may require a special tool to open. Just like my other Intertek heater (which no longer works), this looks very nice with shiny black plastic, but I try to avoid touching it or smudging the surface.

Get expert buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Just bought this at Walmart. It literally worked for 5 minutes, then started flashing "88." Have tried unplugging it, plugging back in, pressing all the buttons--nothing works. And of course there's no user guide to even tell me what the error code means.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Bought this heater at Bed Bath and Beyond for a small bathroom. Heater is less than a year old.. Worked ok. One went into bathroom and power was off on the outlets. The heater tripped breaker and it was not even on. It was almost $40. Just threw out the box. May try to return anyway. I have 2 other Lasko heaters. Long baseboard type. I have had them for years. The thermostat is off. It runs way past temp that it set on. 86 degrees instead of 77 degrees... But still work..

Original review: April 10, 2019

I own 6 small Lasko ceramic heaters. The knobs usually break within days of getting them home. I paid for new knobs and of course, they sent the wrong ones. I wrote - no response. I called - no one called back. I won't be buying from them again. They just don't care apparently.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lasko Heaters?

Original review: March 20, 2019

I'm echoing the sentiments of most prior reviews. I bought the CT22410 for my Very small apartment. I just needed something to take the edge off. This heater was relatively inexpensive, had a remote and a timer function. The first one lasted one week before it just wouldn't come back on. I found a suggestion online to shake it and unplug it for 10 minutes. That worked but I bought another because it did produce the heat I wanted but I wasn't about to unplug and shake it prior to each use. The second one, somewhere within one month of purchase, fried the outlet, the plug in from the unit, and melted the plug inside the outlet. I almost tore the outlet from the wall trying to unplug the POS. It's a good thing it didn't start a fire and dang lucky no doubt.

You know, one or two bad units and reviews can be written off as anomalies. The same can be said for just one or two good units and reviews. People if you care anything about your safety amd that of your family, pets, neighbors and friends, RUN away from this company and don't look back. Their heaters are disasters waiting for the next family (and home) to destroy. You'd be better off with an open campfire in your living room. No false sense of security with a campfire. DO NOT BUY THESE HEATERS. THEY ARE ELECTRICALLY FAULTY. SPEND $20 MORE DOLLARS FOR ONE THAT WON'T KILL YOU!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have purchased five of these over the last few years. Three quit working. I thought perhaps it was an issue of it drawing too much electricity since two were in the same room. I exchanged one, trashed one and the last one doing the same thing. It runs for about ten minutes and then shuts off. We have moved and I brought two of them with me and the same thing. The last is going to the trash today. Stay away from this product, they are faulty.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I can't believe all the one star experiences here with Lasko Heaters! I have three Tower heaters and two smaller heaters all made by Lasko. Three of them are going on their 5th year and still working like brand new! Before I found Lasko I had bought at least, three or four space heaters from different companies at Walmart. I had horrible experiences with every single one of them and return them one after the other. After my last return I was telling a woman working behind the counter for Walmart that I was about ready to give up on space heaters. She said "Do yourself a favor and go back there and buy a Lasko heater... I'll guarantee you you'll be happy and you won't be returning it." That was 5 years ago and she was right. It's still here working like brand new and I did not return it.

Since then I have bought nothing but Lasko space heaters and never had a single problem with one of them. After reading all these one star reviews, how can I be that lucky... Very strange! Maybe it's the model of heaters that I bought... I just don't know. Two of the oldest Lasko heaters I own are the "Lasko Ceramic Extended Heat Zone Tower CT30710". One is 5 years old, the other, four years and they still work like the day I took them out of the box. The other three I'm not sure about their model numbers but they also work fantastic.

Anyway, I wanted to share my Lasko experiences here today. I have no answers for the bad experiences I've read about here today but I do know that all space heaters have a certain criteria that you must pay attention to to be safe. I had breakers pop in my house a couple of times because I had two of these heaters on the same breaker but that isn't the heaters' fault, that's my fault. Also you never use extension cords with a space heater. You're asking for a fire there.

Even keeping the heater clean can extend the life of it. I've been to people's houses where the dust and lint were on the inlets and outlets of their space heaters... There is a fire waiting to happen. Common Sense goes a long way when using a space heater. I'm guessing space heaters are probably built, basically, all the same and if you went to each company's site you would probably see the same horror stories I'm reading here for each and every company. That's my opinion, anyway. Thanks for reading.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We've had our Lasko heater for about 2 years. We put it away this past summer and went to use the remote and the remote failed. I changed the batteries and still didn't get the remote to work. I sent for a new remote with fresh batteries and that didn't work. The heater works fine manually but it would be nice if I could get the damn thing to respond to the remote. I'm not sure if Lasko has any suggestions.

Original review: March 12, 2018

While I was out of the house my Lasko heater was plugged in but not turned on. When I returned home I found the lights out and when I checked the bedroom the heater plug was melted and the receptacle was also melted and the wall in my bedroom was charred black (note the heater was not turned on and this was a new receptacle). I contacted Lasko and they told me the heater was out of warranty and there is nothing they could do about it. They did offer to for me to send in the cord and they would examine it. I've had enough with Lasko and I recommend if you have a Lasko heater throw it into the garbage before it burns your house down. Thank god the circuit breaker kicked.

Lasko Heaters expert review by Shawn Bayless

Founded in 1906 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Lasko is now an international home air comfort company with manufacturing faciliities in Tennessee and Texas. Lasko designs and builds air purifiers, fans, heaters, humidifiers and more. Its product innovation focuses on cooling, heating and cleaning the air in your home for optimal comfort and efficiency.

• Large product selection: Lasko offers a wide selection of products for all of your home air comfort needs. They offer slim profile HEPA air filters; air circulator, lower, box, desktop, pedestal and tower fans; ceramic, pedestal, tower and utility heaters; outdoor misting and non-misting fans; humidifiers; power toolboxes and more.

• Replacement parts: Many electronics companies make it difficult to find replacement parts that work with their products. Lasko offers nearly any part or accessory you might need to replace through its website. You can contact customer care and let them know the product model number and part that you need.

• Product warranties: Lasko offers a one-year or longer warranty on all of its products (the length of the warranty depends on the product). Simply save your receipt and if your product has any defects in workmanship or materials over the first year of use, contact Lasko for repair or replacement service.

• Leader in bladeless technology: Bladeless heaters and fans offer a safe option for room comfort in a compact, streamlined design. Lasko’s Air Logic bladeless tower fan and heater both feature a timer, heat and cool settings and widespread oscillation.

• Helpful product guides: Lasko’s website offers several guides to help customers select the right product to fit their needs. You can get advice on what type of fan to choose for your bedroom or dormitory, what type of portable heater is best for you, how to choose a humidifier and more.

• Best for: homeowners, businesses and others who need portable air comfort products.

Profile picture of Shawn Bayless
Shawn Bayless Heating and Cooling Systems Expert

Shawn Bayless is an experienced HVAC mechanical design engineer and project manager with a unique perspective and knowledge of heating and cooling systems. He has worked for some of the top contractors in Oklahoma and is highly skilled in design layouts, project estimation and planning and construction.

Lasko Heaters Company Information