Lane Appliance Service

North Haven, CT

Compare Appliance Stores

Research top Appliance Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My microwave was going to be fixed through insurance. The insurance assigned Lane Appliance to me to fix the microwave. The service man told me a part needed to be ordered and they would have to get approval. I waited until Monday to call and check if they had gained approval and the woman on the phone, who I have now learned is the owner, was rude and dismissive to me. I told her I didn't appreciate that and that I had every right to be unhappy with such poor treatment and service. She hung up on me and refused to answer the phone or any of my questions. There is more than one complaint out there to this same treatment that others have received from this company. I'm hoping that somewhere along the line that this woman's poor treatment of customers will catch up to her and that is why I am filing this complaint. Thank you so much with your help in this matter.

I called to have the refrigerator looked at. Vegetables were freezing in the vegetable bin. Jeff came over, took the drawers out, fiddled around, and couldn't figure out what was wrong. He reset the temperature and said to wait a week to see if it corrected itself. It didn't. I called 3 times to speak with him. Finally, he called back and gave me a price to order a part. (I don't know what part he was ordering.) I said I would get back to him, and I called the office the next day and left a message that I wanted the refrigerator repaired. I set up an appointment for 2/5/12.

Then I received a call on Monday morning which confirmed the appointment and asked if I would like to make it earlier. I said yes. The woman called back and asked what it was was being ordered. I said I didn't know. She advised me that Jeff was on vacation and that no one knew anything about this! I was advised also that she would call me the following Monday when he returned. I never received a call that Monday.

On Tuesday, I called and said I was dissatisfied and wanted my money back. I was going to have a "certified" GE repairman look at the refrigerator. She handed the phone to Bob, and I explained to him. He said he would send the money back ($90.00). Later, Jeff called and said I never told him to order the part, and I explained that I called the office and spoke to the woman who answered the phone, set up an appointment, and advised her to order the part. He said he never got the message nor a deposit which no one ever asked me for. I explained that was not my problem and that I wanted my money back, since my refrigerator was still not working properly. He said fine.

A week later, there's still no check. I just called the office and was told by the rude and obnoxious woman Nancy that I wasn't getting my money back and that they had no record of me calling for an appointment! I asked her how could that be when she called me on 2/15 confirming. She had no response to that but told me I wasn't getting my money back and to stop acting like a "jerk" for $80.00. Then she hang up on me.

Lane was recommended to me by AK ** in North Haven. I have called them and told them of my displeasure with Lane. Hopefully, they will not send customers their way. I don't know how Lane can stay in business with attitudes such as this and such unprofessionalism. I am sure there are many more businesses out there that would service and treat their customers as they should be treated.

They replaced a motor switch on 9/13/2011 on my thermador vent behind the cooktop. I never tried it until yesterday 10/5/2011 and it did not work. I called, the rude women who answered the phone told me the switch was guaranteed for 60 days and I would have to pay full cost to replace it with a service call. No one told me it was only guaranteed for 60 days. That in itself sounds very illegal. I told her that was the craziest thing I ever heard, and she hung up on me.

We had been doing business with this company for about 10 years. We had enjoyed working with the actual service people.

I called the office this morning to inquire about a missed appointment this past Friday. When I made the appointment, I gave my cell number and asked for a call approximately 10 minutes prior to your arrival. I never received a call.

I was told by the office manager that they had, in fact, been there and that they had called prior to arriving. I asked what number they had called and was told that she did not have that in front of me. Rather than apologizing, she told me that you were both very upset about it. I replied that I was upset as well and that I would make other arrangements. She said fine and we both hung up.

We run a service business ourselves and I can tell you that we do not speak to our clients that way. I checked my cell phone records for that afternoon and I have no missed calls recorded on my account.

Absent the attitude I received on my call today, I would have been perfectly happy to reschedule. If this was the first time I felt mistreated calling their office, I would also likely have rescheduled.

I received a call back to my cell from the office manager about 10 minutes later informing me that this was the number they called. She said she knew we wouldn't be doing business anymore, but "just wanted me to let me know what happened." She then hung up on me. Wonderful!

I called for repair last week on a Sub-Zero Ice Maker. The woman who answered the phone, I believe is also the owner of Lane Appliance, made the appointment for the service repairman to come last Friday to look at the ice maker. His name is Jeffrey. He gave an estimate to fix it which we decided was the right choice instead of replacing the unit. He said that the part would be in early this week that there was one in New Jersey. I called this morning to Lane Appliance to see when the part would be installed. The woman who answered the phone, the same as when I first made the appointment, told me she had no idea of when it would be installed. I asked her if she could call Sub-Zero to see when the part might arrive. She told me that she would call me only when the part arrived and not any sooner. I asked her if that could be one week, two weeks, or a month. She said that when it gets there, she would let me know and not any sooner. Very unprofessional.

Again, I inquired if she could just make a phone call, as I would not have chosen to repair the unit if no certain replacement part date was any time soon. I told her that she already had cashed the deposit check, which I have a receipt for, for the service call (which she told me was $95 plus tax) and a deposit for the part. With no time frame as to when to expect the part or when the appliance would be functional again, I asked her if she would refund the $200 deposit (which was part of the $300 check). She asked if I was canceling the part, and I told her since she was not cooperating and giving me a time frame to have my appliance fixed, I said yes and asked her to refund the balance between the service call and the check ($300) I gave her. She then abruptly hung up the phone on me. I tried to call, and she kept letting the calls go to voicemail. Is this any way to do business?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lane Appliance Service?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Lane Appliance Service Company Profile