2. Homeowners

Find deals on a new lawn mower

Shop and compare today on Cub Cadet

Visit Website

Kubota Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kubota?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kubota?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

2020 MX5400 with 28 hours. Computer failed. In shop for over 2 weeks and Kubota cannot send a replacement to the dealer because tractor is a new model and all computers are being installed in new builds. No spares available. Way to go kubota. I have been patient and understanding. It is obvious you do not understand customer care/support. $38,600 for a new tractor sitting in shop waiting on no show kubota. Oh kubota where are you when the new tractor/customer needs you?

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, the way you treat your tractors/customers. The dealer is trying hard. They are great. But you, you are totally ungrateful!

Jimmie **

Original review: July 6, 2020

I have been very happy with my Kubota tractor functionally and generally happy with the durability of it. However I recently had the hydraulic hoses to my loader fail (they had been rubbing together and worn through). The tractor is older and these things are bound to happen. My complaint is that I have had one of the hoses on back order from Kubota for 5 weeks now. Originally they said it would be 2 weeks, then it was 3-4 weeks, and now when the dealer called them again today they said it would be another couple weeks (subject to change). This is for a hydraulic hose. I am not sure if they are waiting for the slow boat from overseas to bring it over or what. When I replace my tractor I will go with an American made one so I can get parts when I need them.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: June 7, 2020

I purchased a lightly used (24 hrs.) Kubota ZG127S zero turn mower. Everything was peachy and doing well for the next 60+ hours. Now I've reached 165 hours on the ZG127S and after numerous repairs I will never own another Kubota product again. (and I just sold my L35 tractor yesterday). From inferior engineering to Chinese assembly techniques, where all the praise for Kubota products originates is a mystery to me. Fortunate for me the Kohler engine and the hydros have been trouble free. Thank God they're not Kubota products. From the headlamps TAPED to the frame to the blade clutch assembly held in place with a thin strap of metal (chinese assembly technique), this Kubota's a joke that's not too funny. "Back in the day" Kubota could be proud of their product but not in today's world.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I purchased a 2018 8028T. I bought this model with the one point hitch. I pull the machine behind a pickup to move from field. The hitch has broke three times now. First time Kubota fix it under warranty. The second time the dealer gave me parts to fix myself. Kubota would not do anything to help. It is broken again and is making the machine useless. I am trying to redesign the hitch to work both ways. 2 point and one point. I feel that Kubota should step up and help with this problem. I have complained to my dealer and written to Kubota with no response. Very unpleased. Ken **.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I ordered the crazy priced hard door kit for my RTV. What I got was a door kit put together from likely return defective parts. RH door strut bracket was bent wrong not allowing the hinge plate to be installed until considerable work was done. RH door decal was placed wrong 3/4” too far forward protruding from the inset area it fit in. It also had severe staining spots on the vinyl.

LH door decal was 1/2 way off the door hanging there, which required removal and reinstallation. This is unlikely to hold on for long. And you have to buy new outside door shells to get the decals they are not sold separately! The window scratched from the assembler leaving his 7/16 deep well and drill adapter in the window and shipped with it rubbing the plexiglass all the way from California to Montana. And then for 2200.00 they forgot to put the keys to the doors in! Really? What a joke. Don’t get fooled by thinking oh well their parts are crazy high priced but likely worth it. They are not.

Original review: April 24, 2020

So I bought this in July of 2019 I believe. I am considering trading it for these reasons:

1. Backhoe attachment putting it on, you better be careful. It has no emergency shut off if it slips in any way. The handles it the tractor jam controls forward and you're in trouble. Think fast if it happens. It also will break the lines if it happens.
      2. High brush has ripped the tie rod boots apart. This happened in a month.
      3. Very Very very unstable tractor when bucket is full. Feels like it wants to roll over on the right side only. I’ve checked everything. It’s just not stable At all. Go very slow.
      4. Driveshaft boots also ripped apart in month.
      5. Bucket power only 400lbs. I think deer is at 600.

6. Backhoe power low.

It sucks I have to leave this review because the dealer I bought from is very nice. The Kubota BX23S just is not very impressive at all.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I bought a z421 zero turn at the end of summer and after 8.5 hours the cooling fan for the hydraulic pump broke and it messed the belt up and popped off the tension spring. The dealer came and got it and said it was brush that caused it. Other words it was my fault. So I paid to get it fixed and got it back and within the first 30 minutes the belt came off and the tension spring popped off. So they came and got it again and that was two months ago. I’m still having to pay payments for it. They said they were going to put a updated pulley system on it. They still have it. Very unhappy with the Kubota Z421. Would not buy another product from them.

Resolution response: Dec. 14, 2019

Current issue with SVL95 was repaired.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I want to start off by saying that I have owned MANY Kubota products over the last 25 years but I have purchased my LAST Kubota. I've owned 2 compact tractors, a svl90 skid steer (compact track loader), currently own a rtv1100, U35 mini ex and a SVL 95 skid steer. Everything besides the skid steers have been almost completely trouble free. My first Kubota CTL was a new 2015 SVL90/2 machine. $60000 machine, the motor went with ONLY 513 hours. Fuel emissions where tier 4 interim, excessive heat during regen took all 4 cylinders compression rings out. My machine was down 8 weeks and Kubota's "customer (dissatisfaction) department in Grapevine Texas informed me that it would probably be down another month!

These machines are my bread and butter and when they're down, I'm down. Kubota would not offer me a loaner machine nor would they flip the bill for a rental! I lost so much revenue I was forced to trade it in on a new Kubota SVL95 machine. $22000 lost on the first machine that was a year and a Half old! $20000 in lost revenue, Kubota 0 help. Fast forward to the latest machine. Several emission related issues already. Machine is 23 months old, 640 hours and now it's using a excessive amount of antifreeze! Called Kubota customer satisfaction this week and got nowhere once again! I am beyond pissed and should have never swayed from Caterpillar products! If anyone out there has a contact number for a department above just satisfaction PLEASE send it my way. If this latest machines motor is bad there will be a lawsuit!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I always heard Kubota tractors were the best tractors on the market, so I bought one. I'm 61 yrs old & take very good care of all my vehicle. I'm a disabled vet & live on 40 acres, which I brush hog 2 or 3 times a year. My tractor has been factory serviced & kept up to date on services. My tractor has 150 hours on it & was fresh out of the Kubota dealers shop when it got where it wouldn't pull itself. For the life of me I can't believe a clutch going out on a tractor bought new from dealer, dealer serviced, and taken very good care of. It's a 2015 I bought in 2016. It's 4 months past the 3 year warranty & Kubota said it was too bad it went out but I'm going to have to pay for fixing it out of my pocket.

I spent $30,000 for my tractor, front end loader, 6' hog & 6' box blade. That figures out $200 an hour, plus fuel, maintenance cost, my time, etc. That's pretty expensive brush hogging for a 40 acre farm & now I'm gonna have to sink another $1000-$1500 in it. I'm a disabled army vet & it's been hard paying the $600 month payments on a disability check. It's been in the shop also to have the codes reset twice. I just dont see how a factory serviced, well taken care of tractor can have a clutch go out that quick.

I thought Kubota might have pity on me due to the situation & their reputation, but from what I can see it's all about putting money in their pocket & the hell with pride & reputation. I've decided I'll never let a Kubota dealership work on it again & I'm going with heavy duty aftermarket parts when I get it fixed. If name brand Kubota parts dont hold up any better than they did, I'm not putting more of the same back in it. Also, after I get it fixed, I'm selling it. I can't afford to own something that breaks so easily. How can companies treat people like they do? I wish I hadn't paid extra on my monthly payment to pay it off early & hadn't been paying on it for over 3 years. I'd let them repo it. I owe less than $5000 so that's not an option. I thought I made a lifetime of use investment & boy I was wrong there.

It just hurts to get bent over like this & throw away that much money. I'm gonna sell it when fixed & get a 1960s-1980s model tractor. Something made when companies had pride in their products. That's why they're still out there & still running after all these years. Made with pride in the USA actually meant something back then. Now once companies get your money, they dont care & just want more of your money.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Bought a brand new Kubota BX25DTLB Tractor Loader Backhoe to mow my lawn and blow some snow as well as maintenance around my 1.5 acre property. It has less than 40 hours on it. Typically lasts 5-6 hours then goes back to dealer for repair. Countless battery charges and jumpstarts just to get it going. Pretty bad when your kid asks, "Dad what's wrong with your tractor?" Answer "I think I bought the wrong brand". I've owned multiple used Kubota tractors over the years.

My tractor has been slow to start and plagued with electrical problems from the start. Battery kept getting drained down. They replaced key switch, light switch, dashboard, alternator, even the battery. Lots of excuses and parts changing and no resolution. Tractor does not start like it should and after 5 times into the dealer for the same problem, I was told the tractor has no problems and it's all within Kubota specifications. Well I wrote Kubota about this problem in July of 2019 and it is now November 2019 and they have yet to respond.

Buyer Beware! They will string you along and tell you it's your problem. Something you are doing wrong and not their equipment. Good luck getting ahold of someone there. I took videos of the tractor not starting on the dealer's lot by the salesman. Funny how they said it was all within Kubota spec. I've had lots of good luck with previous Kubota tractors. This tractor is a $20,000 paperweight. Shame on you Kubota.

Kubota author review by ConsumerAffairs

Kubota brought its products to the United States in 1969 and provides a wide range of lawn and construction equipment.

• Residential and commercial: Kubota creates residential and commercial riding mower models designed for each market's unique needs.

• Financing: The company has its own financing options to help improve affordability of its riding mowers.

• Diesel engine options: These environmentally-friendly diesel engines offer significant power.

• Up to 72-cutting deck: A massive cutting deck addresses any size yard.

• Oversize fuel tanks: 16-gallon fuel tanks keep the riding mower going until the yard is completed.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team