2.42/5

178 Krups Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 29, 2019

This is the second time in less than a month that this unit has been in for repair. The first time, the service center in New Mexico never even opened the box. They said they repaired the unit, but, I had a special seal on the box, which was never broken open. The second repair was sent out on 04/25, and, as of today (05/29) they still have not sent it back. I continue to get the customer service folks that tell me it would be shipping today. But, apparently, they still have not repaired it. And, every day when I call, they tell me the same thing. I am betting that it is just lost or damaged somewhere. In any case, I am calling yet again today. Hopefully, they can figure this out.

I am requesting a replacement, since they cannot seem to fix it. But really, how long does it take to fix something. I think in less time than this month long wait, I probably will NEVER buy another Krups product, nor recommend them to anyone. I have never had such a bad experience with any vendor. If these folks have a service center that is so busy, that they cannot get warranty units out quicker, perhaps they should work on quality control, to build a better product. This is NOT good customer support.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I purchased the Savoy Coffee pot (chrome) about a year ago. It never had problems. Easy to program and I love that I could have 2 set times, one for me and one for my husband! Takes 12 min to brew a whole pot. 10 min if you press the turbo button. It beeps 3 times to signal it's ready (not so good if you have sleeping kids!) and beeps 3 more times 2 hrs to signal it's turning off the warming plate. I use my coffee pot an average of twice per day. Recently, it has stopped brewing at random times then gives the beep signal but there is water in the carafe still! A couple minutes later it will start brewing again... Stretching the brew time out to 30 min or so. I worry it's giving out. After 1 year. Frustrating. Because of the short life of the coffee pot, I do not recommend.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

We've had a silver faced one for 5 yrs and it's been great... We saw This black one and it's a disaster. It leaks every time. It's coffee all over the counter. I read the troubleshooting guide. That didn't stop it. I removed a spring thinking the pot wasn't sitting properly. Nothing works. I've tried stopping 1/2 way giving it a 5 min rest to allow basket to drain. Still it leaks. Time to bring the old one home from the cottage.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Hi, I bought a 600 Euro machine from Krups a few years ago. It's been great to us, until one morning the 'on/off' button broke. We went to Krups to have it repaired. 2 months later, it is still not ready. For a button? This is not about replacing an engine... I, the customer have been following up. They told me it would take a week to find the part and repair it. Now 10 weeks later, I am nowhere near where I want to be. They seem to just do not care about customers once they have your money. Just be careful. Use the machine as long as you can, but do not expect to have it repaired in a decent way. One would think that buying a high(er) end machine would result in high(er) end service. Not with this company I'm afraid. WORST customer service!!! Good luck to future buyers.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I purchased KRUPS ZX720K Electric Acrylic Citrus Juicer on on Oct-29th 2017 through Amazon and as of July-3rd of 2018 - it will no longer work. The unit comes with two years of warranty... So I contacted Krups USA and they reply with only excuses not to honor warranty. Here is the direct reply from KrupsUSA: "Please note that parts for this unit have been discontinued as the unit has not been in production since 2014. Also take note that based on the invoice the seller of this product is unauthorized. This product also would not have any warranty as the unit was disassembled by non authorized personnel. We thank you for writing to us. If you have additional questions, please contact a representative in our consumer service department at 1-800-526-5377. Representatives are available from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm EST, Monday thru Friday."

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Krups?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I purchased a Krups Savoy EC412 coffee machine from Home Depot. It worked for a few months and then this morning started burning and the water was pouring out the back. I contacted Krups to have it replaced as per the warranty. I followed procedure and sent the info they requested. I then received an email telling me that they would send me shipping labels to send it in and in 2-3 weeks someone would look at it. Two-three weeks is unacceptable for a $75 coffee pot. What am I supposed to do in the interim? I contacted them about this and their customer service rep was quite rude. I let him know that I would not be purchasing further Krups products. His response was "I'm sure you won't." Krups doesn't care about their customers; stay clear and invest in another company with better and kinder customer service.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Overall I'm happy with the product. It makes good hot coffee. I expected it to be more like a Keurig but it was only $20 so it's a pretty good copy cat. It makes the coffee Super Fast and Fresh, it's very small and discreet so it fits in the corner well without being too noticeable and it's really easy. All you do, put the cup of coffee and press the button. However after the first use sometimes it may take a little while longer to make a second cup of coffee. It also doesn't hold that much water and the plug is too short. I would want it to hold more water and maybe even two Coffee slots to make two coffees at one. It also can be loud when making the second cup of coffee.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I have purchased the limited edition for a family member and that machine has heavy use. The limited editions are great. You get what you pay for. I have the less expensive one and it performs well but it is starting to make a loud noise. Individual servings are convenient and less mess compared to carafe coffee makers. The size of the machine fits well on our counter top. Ability to use a filter to brew coffee that I have ground is a plus. A self cleaning mode would be nice though. I would also like my model to be more sturdy. I want my machine to withstand extra use. In addition to serving size, strength of brew would be nice.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

It makes coffee quickly and is easy to program. You can choose if you want the coffee to be stronger if that is your preference. It is also easy to clean and makes better tasting coffee than my previous coffee makers. It was also reasonably priced and is far better than my previous low end coffee makers that never lasted long enough. It exceeds my needs. I didn't like that the permanent filter lets finely ground coffee to get into the pot but I switched to paper filters and this took care of the problem. It is also easier to clean that way. The cost of the paper filters is worth the amount of time expended when making a new pot every day. Since I have had no problems and it makes superior coffee I will be a repeat Krups customer.

Original review: July 31, 2017

It was a gift from my daughter for Christmas. Works how I want. Simple and effective, makes enough espresso for me for my morning cup of get up and go, it is perfect for my Americana - all I need to do is heat water in the kettle and add to the espresso. I also am able to steam milk if I want a latte or a cappuccino. The portafilter removes very easily to be cleaned and it is easy to store.

Krups expert review by Jonathan Trout

Krups makes and sells small kitchen appliance including eight models of drip coffee makers. Each model features different technology and brewing capacities to make sure you get a satisfying result with your morning cup. They can be purchased online or at a store closest to your location.

• Moka Brewfilter: Krups’ Moka Brewfilter brews coffee by using an integrated boiler and heating element at the bottom, that comes together with steam and hits the coffee grounds at the top. This method enhances the flavor of your coffee. The Moka Brewfilter makes between eight and 12 cups of coffee and costs $149.99.

• 12-Cup Savoy: The 12-Cup Savoy is a programmable, turbo coffee maker. Krups says it brews coffee 35 percent quicker than most drip coffee makers. It features a warming function that keeps your pot warm for up to four hours after brewing has stopped. The Savoy coffee maker retails for $79.

• 10-Cup Control Line: Krups’ 10-Cup Control Line programmable coffee maker features a modern filter and a digital control line that keeps the temperature just right throughout the brewing process. Control Line has two programs (weekday time and weekend timer) to let you preset your drip coffee maker seven days a week. The Control Line coffee maker costs $69.75.

• Signature Series Filter: The Krups Signature Series Filter programmable coffee maker features LCD screens for easy viewing and programming. It also comes with a coffee aroma setting which brews a bold flavored coffee. The Signature Series Filter coffee maker retails for $69.95.

• Accessories: If you need to replace anything on our Krups coffee maker, check out their accessories page on their website. You can find spill-free tops for your carafe, permanent filters and coffee measuring spoons.

• Best for: consumers needing a drip coffee maker for their home.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout