4.03/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 8, 2017

173 Krups Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I purchased a Krups Savoy EC412 coffee machine from Home Depot. It worked for a few months and then this morning started burning and the water was pouring out the back. I contacted Krups to have it replaced as per the warranty. I followed procedure and sent the info they requested. I then received an email telling me that they would send me shipping labels to send it in and in 2-3 weeks someone would look at it. Two-three weeks is unacceptable for a $75 coffee pot. What am I supposed to do in the interim? I contacted them about this and their customer service rep was quite rude. I let him know that I would not be purchasing further Krups products. His response was "I'm sure you won't." Krups doesn't care about their customers; stay clear and invest in another company with better and kinder customer service.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Overall I'm happy with the product. It makes good hot coffee. I expected it to be more like a Keurig but it was only $20 so it's a pretty good copy cat. It makes the coffee Super Fast and Fresh, it's very small and discreet so it fits in the corner well without being too noticeable and it's really easy. All you do, put the cup of coffee and press the button. However after the first use sometimes it may take a little while longer to make a second cup of coffee. It also doesn't hold that much water and the plug is too short. I would want it to hold more water and maybe even to Coffee slots to make two coffees at one. It also can be loud when making the second cup of coffee.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I have purchased the limited edition for a family member and that machine has heavy use. The limited editions are great. You get what you pay for. I have the less expensive one and it performs well but it is starting to make a loud noise. Individual servings are convenient and less mess compared to carafe coffee makers. The size of the machine fits well on our counter top. Ability to use a filter to brew coffee that I have ground is a plus. A self cleaning mode would be nice though. I would also like my model to be more sturdy. I want my machine to withstand extra use. In addition to serving size, strength of brew would be nice.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

It makes coffee quickly and is easy to program. You can choose if you want the coffee to be stronger if that is your preference. It is also easy to clean and makes better tasting coffee than my previous coffee makers. It was also reasonably priced and is far better than my previous low end coffee makers that never lasted long enough. It exceeds my needs. I didn't like that the permanent filter lets finely ground coffee to get into the pot but I switched to paper filters and this took care of the problem. It is also easier to clean that way. The cost of the paper filters is worth the amount of time expended when making a new pot every day. Since I have had no problems and it makes superior coffee I will be a repeat Krups customer.

Original review: July 31, 2017

It was a gift from my daughter for Christmas. Works how I want. Simple and effective, makes enough espresso for me for my morning cup of get up and go, it is perfect for my Americana - all I need to do is heat water in the kettle and add to the espresso. I also am able to steam milk if I want a latte or a cappuccino. The portafilter removes very easily to be cleaned and it is easy to store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Krups?

Original review: July 30, 2017

It's quite easy to use and the best thing is they make an aftermarket refill cup. Not complicated at all just fill the water canister then drop in the coffee packet, close and turn on. I like that it's a single cup maker and does not waste coffee or over cook it. There is no canister to clean out you just use your cup to fill the water reservoir. However, I would like to have a small water jar on the side like the larger one has. Possibly a newer more modern look in stainless steel also.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I like that you can make one cup at a time and not waste an entire pot. Also, I like that you can buy lots of flavors for it from several different vendors. It meets my needs and is relatively cost effective so I am pleased. It costs way less than going to a brand name food chain. It is simple but does experience issues frequently. It often stops working properly, only brewing half of the amount it should. It also has to be cleaned with vinegar and that stinks and takes a lot of time to clean out after you fill it up with vinegar.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Love it the way it is, it has everything I need in a coffee maker. I have been using this coffee maker for over 20 years, replacements that is. It's easy to operate and it keeps the coffee at the right temperature. I like that it lets you know when to descale, has feature to be able to set it to go on automatically in the morning and clock easy to set. I also like the fact that it is a 12 cup coffee maker. I hope I would be to be able to purchase this same model if I need to. If I break the carafe I will need to purchase another coffee maker since they discontinued this one.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I like that it's a basic espresso machine and froths milk. Doesn't take up much room on the counter and it's easy to clean. It's also easy to find replacement parts if needed. It's about 10 years old, so I wish it had better frothing ability and wish the espresso would make a better crema on top of the espresso. But overall, it is very easy to use once you do it a couple times and get the hang of it. It meets my expectations for an inexpensive home espresso machine.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Krups is just an ordinary drip coffee maker that I have had for a very long time. It does have a convenient timer that makes it easy to plan for coffee at a given time. For the kind of coffee maker it is nothing fancy and definitely suits the purpose for which it was made. It is a very simple coffee maker to use. Just fill up the water tank... Put in the coffee and push the button. As I generally use my other espresso machine, this is great when I have company.

Original review: July 26, 2017

It was very easy to use and worked like it should. Just add grounds, water and turn on switch. It made great coffee and kept coffee warm after brewing. Price was high but worth it. It looked professional and also had a good timer. However, it is hard to find replacement parts. The carafe broke and could not find replacement carafe at a fair price. Overall, we liked this coffee brewer.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I purchased and have used one of your products for less than one year. The product in question is an electric kettle Type BW700. Recently this kettle has become totally dysfunctional due to a pungent (toxic) chemical odor from the steam emitted as well as in the heated water. These toxic remain in our home long after using the kettle. There appears to be a plastic material integrity breakdown of some description. I would be surprised to think that this is not a known problem with this product. This needs to be investigated (if it already has not). This represents a serious image issue with a Krups brand... You should be concerned!

Original review: July 25, 2017

The Krups coffee machine is self-explanatory to use and it does makes a perfect cup of coffee. The coffee machine itself surpasses my coffee experience. I like the Dual filter filtration system and that the reservoir registers when it's empty so that I don't mess up my machine. However, I would like the electric cord to be 12 inches longer. I have the coffee maker on my counter and it's inconvenient for me since the electric outlet is another foot away and I have to plug it closer using an extension.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I like the style of Krups and the way it fits into the decor of my kitchen. It’s also very easy to use and gets the best out of the coffee beans. It would be better with a premixed amount of coffee so that I wouldn’t have to guess at the correct amount for the best brew. It meets my expectations somewhat but doesn’t seem to be as responsive in its brewing capability as a more complex coffee maker. When I purchased this machine I did so assuming that all coffee makers are alike except for their industrial design. I was drawn to this model because of its sleek and modern appearance in black.

It could be more precise in the way it measures the amount of coffee being brewed and adjusts to that as I simply wanted a great cup of coffee. Also if I am having a large affair that required a big amount of coffee I don’t think this machine has the capability to accommodate a get together like that and still guarantee a great brew for all. It would lack freshness.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Sold Krups thermos model in retail stores and had positive feedback. As an owner I now see why. It exceeded my expectations. Coffee maker is VERY easy to use and very durable. I like it very much. It keeps coffee warm for a surprisingly long time (like HOURS!). Originally purchased as my late husband had dementia and was leaving coffee maker (same brand but with glass pot) on all day and nearly started a fire. Thermos pot solved THAT problem. However, it's not so easy to clean, especially the thermos itself. The basket that holds filter is also not easy to get clean unless you put it in top rack of dishwasher.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Krups’ just a basic coffee maker that we bought from WalMart but works well. It brews coffee quickly & the coffee tastes good. Simple and it meets our needs. We use it once a day & are done with it. It brews nicely, cleans up well & doesn't give us any problems. The previous one was a $2.00 buy from Good Will & it lasted us many years. It was a Krups and worked well for a long time.

Original review: July 23, 2017

This is one of the best coffee makers I have owned. If I want 10 cups I can fill it to the 10 cup line and I get a great cup of coffee. With other coffee makers, it took a while till I found the right amount of water for, say 10 cups, and get a good cup of coffee. It's easy to use, easy to set the time and the timer and easy to set the time for the hot plate. I like that the top opens all the way with the hinge at the back. I like that there's a visible water fill guide on the front corner so I know exactly how much water I'm pouring in. I like that I can set the time on the hot plate to keep the coffee warm from 15 minutes to 2 hours. The only thing I would like better would be the ability to set the temperature on the hot plate. It's hot enough so that if I set it more than 30 minutes, the coffee starts to taste burned. So it would be nice to adjust the heat.

Original review: July 23, 2017

It was very simple to set up, easy to use, easy to pour, and easy to clean. It keeps the coffee at the perfect temperature, and I can add more or less coffee depending on how strong I want my coffee at any given time. The slimline design is both functional, and fits nicely into the space I have. And it looks nice, not big and clunky like some of the bigger machines. Also, this one is programmable, so I can have hot and ready coffee when I walk through the door if I want, or when I wake in the morning. There isn't a thing that I would change about it, unless it could automatically fill itself with water and coffee, and then empty out the used grounds after.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Love that I can set the timer for 5:30 am and wake up to coffee and that it keeps coffee hot without cooking up to 4 hours. It makes 12 cups, no steam to ruin cupboards above the maker. However the shape of the coffee filter needed is a triangular sphere, more difficult to find and only comes in small batches. But it surpasses my needs and expectations. Price is comparative and reasonable, too. Love this brand and would purchase again and refer to family and friends.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I have had coffee maker for nearly 10 years and have never had a breakdown. Simple to operate, easy to clean, makes coffee quickly and as strong as I want, and keeps coffee hot for a long period of time. I like that it had automatic shut off. That is very helpful when I forget to turn it off. But clean up of parts gets messy when making a whole pot. Also I would like to have a timer to set brewing time for the morning. Then it could have a more sturdy brewing basket as the one that is attached is flimsy. Overall good value for the price.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I bought Black & Decker. Love this product. It makes great coffee. Also, it's easy and very simple to use, is very convenient and small space. Only thing I dislike about Black & Decker is the fact that it runs out of water fast so you have to replace. Also, it's kind of small so it's kind of easy to be made and sometimes it sure it out but it's easily repaired so nothing to shy away from. My overall experience with this coffee maker is that it's well worth the money. It has some small downfalls but it's nothing that overlooks the great things that it offers.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Overall coffee is hotter than other coffee makers I have used in the past. It's also an espresso machine. I can make espresso or cappuccinos but it's not that simple to use. I like that the coffee maker has a timer to set to brew my coffee and that the coffee last two hours hot then it automatically shuts off. However, I don't like that the filter sometimes fold when brewing coffee not allowing the coffee to brew properly. Also, it doesn't have a measurement of how much water is inside coffee maker. It only has the measurements on the carafe. When brewing more than 12 cups of coffee I cannot use the crepe because it's hot so it's a bit difficult to measure the amount that I put inside coffee maker.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I like it. I replaced my old coffee maker with the same brand. It meets my expectations. I like that you can stop the brewing process to pour yourself a cup of coffee before the pot is finished brewing. I like that it stays on for a few hours after it's brewed so on the weekends I can enjoy drinking coffee for a couple of hours. However, I broke the 14 cup carafe and could only find a 12 cup to replace it. It would be nice if there were14 cup carafe replacements. Also, it's a little complicated figuring out the clock to start the brewing each morning. If the power goes off you have to reset the auto start brew and it's not easy to figure out so now I don't use it since my husband passed away.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I love how easy it is to use and clean and it was quite stylish and very modern with the different buttons and accessories! I am a true coffee lover and I needed a brand that catered to people like me and this brand does that and more with their product offerings. The machine was a tad bulky and took up a lot of counter space. I wish it was just a little bit more sleeker and more compact to accommodate for my lack of usable counter space. Other than that, I think the company nailed it! Overall I was quite satisfied. It definitely met my expectations. I believe that overall it has made my mornings just a little more bearable if you know what I mean!!!!

Original review: July 19, 2017

I have been using this brand for years and it's excellent, not just love the way it makes coffee, the design matches my kitchen! This is my second coffee maker from Krups. It is very reliable and I love to make coffee with it. It's so easy to use, nothing complicated, very intuitive, you don't need to be an expert or read a manual to have a good cup of coffee and everybody at home can make a good coffee very fast.

Original review: July 19, 2017

The Krups coffee maker was very easy to use on day to day basis and I would highly recommend this brand to anyone buying a pouch system. It could make more coffee anytime I wanted to from the little pouches and it would be hot and ready any time of day or night I wanted a fresh cup of coffee. But the fresh pouches need to be a little less expensive than they currently are.

Original review: July 18, 2017

The Krups coffee maker produces great coffee no matter the grind of the bean. The keep warm/auto shut-off is great, and grind discarding is easy using filters. However, a programmable timer to begin brewing in the morning and a heater for water for brewing would make the coffee maker ideal. An automatic way to clean it would improve it as well. Nevertheless, it's very simple to use, and it meets my daily needs.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I am very satisfied with the coffee pot and all its features. Auto shut off allows me to go about my daily task and not worry about a fire happening if I leave my house to go shopping plus I can go about my daily routine. It meets my expectations. I have had it for several years and have not had any problems with the coffee pot. I am happy with my purchase and would consider purchasing another if anything happened to this one.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Krups coffee maker never fails and it's very efficient. I like all its features and settings as it can make mild or strong coffee. It has a timer so you can start the coffee at the right time each morning. It always brews the coffee very fast and it is full of flavor. I like the glass carafe too and the fact that it takes regular coffee filters rather than having to buy the cone shaped ones. The coffee maker is simple and meets all of my needs and expectations. I like good, strong and very hot coffee and that is what this coffee maker delivers. The knobs are not complicated at all as well. I think Krups makes the best coffee maker in the world. If you can find a Krups at a good price you are lucky.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I like the clock and the timer function of the coffee maker. It has a sound so you know when the coffee is done. There is also a filter system and a basket that's easy to open and to close. The machine makes different levels of cups and there is a selection so you can make three or four cups if you do not want 12. There is as well an alert to let you know when the calcium has built up and you need to clean it. You should probably change the filter after you get a second message. The coffeemaker is perfect the way it is, makes the best coffee and is the simplest to use. It is programmable and fully meets my needs and expectations.

Krups expert review by Jonathan Trout

Krups makes and sells small kitchen appliance including eight models of drip coffee makers. Each model features different technology and brewing capacities to make sure you get a satisfying result with your morning cup. They can be purchased online or at a store closest to your location.

• Moka Brewfilter: Krups’ Moka Brewfilter brews coffee by using an integrated boiler and heating element at the bottom, that comes together with steam and hits the coffee grounds at the top. This method enhances the flavor of your coffee. The Moka Brewfilter makes between eight and 12 cups of coffee and costs $149.99.

• 12-Cup Savoy: The 12-Cup Savoy is a programmable, turbo coffee maker. Krups says it brews coffee 35 percent quicker than most drip coffee makers. It features a warming function that keeps your pot warm for up to four hours after brewing has stopped. The Savoy coffee maker retails for $79.

• 10-Cup Control Line: Krups’ 10-Cup Control Line programmable coffee maker features a modern filter and a digital control line that keeps the temperature just right throughout the brewing process. Control Line has two programs (weekday time and weekend timer) to let you preset your drip coffee maker seven days a week. The Control Line coffee maker costs $69.75.

• Signature Series Filter: The Krups Signature Series Filter programmable coffee maker features LCD screens for easy viewing and programming. It also comes with a coffee aroma setting which brews a bold flavored coffee. The Signature Series Filter coffee maker retails for $69.95.

• Accessories: If you need to replace anything on our Krups coffee maker, check out their accessories page on their website. You can find spill-free tops for your carafe, permanent filters and coffee measuring spoons.

• Best for: consumers needing a drip coffee maker for their home.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout