2. Homeowners
  3. Coffee Makers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.55/5

Krups Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Krups?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Krups?

Original review: July 31, 2020

I've had my Krups for many years. I clean with vinegar at least every other month. My coffee is always accurate temperature. My Krups is a one-cup and takes up little space. I have weaned myself from a pot of coffee to only 1 or 2 cups a day, which is a positive change for me. The Krups is on the expensive side, but are easy to find sales. I've considered purchasing an extra Krups one-cup when they are on sale. I will always buy Krups due to the wonderful experience I've had. Size is excellent, temperature is perfect, coffee is good, longevity is exceptional, and amount of coffee is exactly what I need. I am a Krups lady!

Original review: July 29, 2020

We got our first Krups when we were married in 2005 and just replaced it for the first time since this year, 2020. We have never had an issue, love the simplicity of the programming, and the thermal pot. I especially love that it slips under our standard hung cabinets to clear the space when not in use!

Get buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2020

My husband and I make lattes in the morning. We grind our beans from Peet’s. It is a medium roasted blend. It is easy to use... Add water, let it drip into the cup. Turn the knob to steam and it streams our milk. It is a little bit of a process which we find makes a routine in the morning.

Original review: July 27, 2020

It does everything I need it to. I would like it to be smaller. But it is very durable and I appreciate having the timer to set so as not to waste electricity. I only brew coffee in it because I find if I brew tea it retains some coffee flavor.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I have two units. The Krups and another name brand, brewing coffee at the same time, using the same coffee brand I was quite disappointed with the krups....the performance, the length of time to brew and the taste....not quite a 5... for the money ....The "other brand" did just as well....for less money....

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

Doesn't deserve any star! Purchased a 900.00 Krups EA89SuperAutomatic espresso machine. Machine went back once already for warranty repairs that took way too long even in this covid environment. Fixed but now has a loud banging noise that surfaces intermittently and having more issues with it since JUNE. They have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL DUE TO COVID AND they refer you to email but it takes on average three days to get a response and to make matters even more frustrating the customer service reps DO NOT read and provide unresponsive answers and NEVER answer any questions. RIDICULOUS. No matter how much I plead I get dummies responding and I am left with a 900 $$ machine that only makes espresso shots! Pissed beyond words and want my money returned for this machine that is awesome when working - the trick is to keep it working.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

A coffee maker is either is it suitable or is not. The speed is impressive. Seems durable enough and easy to clean. Simple to operate. With gave many guests and no problems.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Me and my wife like very much in the morning, to smell coffee aroma, coming, from the kitchen, Normally I prepare the coffee at night before to going to bed

In order to have it ready very early in the morning. The taste it's fantastic awesome.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I’m not a big coffee drinker but on occasion I do enjoy it and I don’t have to make more than I can drink so no waste. It’s also nice to have for when I have guests. I can offer several selections instead of just one pot with one flavor.

Original review: July 24, 2020

This coffee maker is compact, easy to use, and delivers a great cup of coffee. The coffee is hot every time. I would recommend this coffee pot to anyone’s got a small pot with single coffee pods because it’s only me at this house...

Krups author review by Jonathan Trout

Krups makes and sells small kitchen appliance including eight models of drip coffee makers. Each model features different technology and brewing capacities to make sure you get a satisfying result with your morning cup. They can be purchased online or at a store closest to your location.

• Moka Brewfilter: Krups’ Moka Brewfilter brews coffee by using an integrated boiler and heating element at the bottom, that comes together with steam and hits the coffee grounds at the top. This method enhances the flavor of your coffee. The Moka Brewfilter makes between eight and 12 cups of coffee and costs $149.99.

• 12-Cup Savoy: The 12-Cup Savoy is a programmable, turbo coffee maker. Krups says it brews coffee 35 percent quicker than most drip coffee makers. It features a warming function that keeps your pot warm for up to four hours after brewing has stopped. The Savoy coffee maker retails for $79.

• 10-Cup Control Line: Krups’ 10-Cup Control Line programmable coffee maker features a modern filter and a digital control line that keeps the temperature just right throughout the brewing process. Control Line has two programs (weekday time and weekend timer) to let you preset your drip coffee maker seven days a week. The Control Line coffee maker costs $69.75.

• Signature Series Filter: The Krups Signature Series Filter programmable coffee maker features LCD screens for easy viewing and programming. It also comes with a coffee aroma setting which brews a bold flavored coffee. The Signature Series Filter coffee maker retails for $69.95.

• Accessories: If you need to replace anything on our Krups coffee maker, check out their accessories page on their website. You can find spill-free tops for your carafe, permanent filters and coffee measuring spoons.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team