2. Homeowners
  3. Coffee Makers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.35/5

Krups Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2020

I received this coffee maker as a Christmas present. Started using it in January 2020. I started having issues with the grinder so I contact Krups. They told me to ship it to them for repair. I sent the coffee maker for repair on 04/06/20 Krups received it on 04/07/2020. I have been without the coffee maker for two months which is ridiculous amount of time for a coffee maker that was only used for about 3 months. I have requested an update twice with no response from Krups. I sent a third request today asking for the status of the repair. I would not recommend buying Krups products their customer service is poor!

Original review: March 21, 2020

This is my second coffee maker from Krups. (The first one was replaced under warranty because of malfunctioning electronics) Guess what? The replacement also has faulty electronics although it still makes coffee. Customer service said to send the second one back and they MIGHT replace it after inspection. This would take 2 to 4 weeks.

Meanwhile I would be without a coffee maker during that period of time. (This is what happened the first time.). I asked if they would send me a replacement and then I would send the faulty one back. I was told this is not Krups policy. I was also told that the replacement was a courtesy on Krups part. I pointed out that they were not doing me a favor but merely honoring the warranty. I would expect that a coffeemaker selling for almost 80 dollars would have a better quality control. Krups used to stand for quality engineering and excellent products that they stood behind. Clearly this is no longer the case. What a shame. Buyer beware.

Get buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

As a consumer of espresso for over 40 years I know what a decent cup should taste like. During this time, I have also owned around six different machines, both steam and pump. I have always bought what some consider to be low end machines, but have found that it is more about the operator than the actual machine. As long at the water is delivered at the proper temperature and pressure, and the beans are fresh and ground correctly, the person running the machine has most of the control over the finished product.

Right out of the box I knew something was wrong and contacted Krups. After explaining what I thought was wrong, they had me send it to a nearby "service center". The technician called a few days later, told me he really didn't find anything wrong and sent it back. I tried using it several more times, changing the grind of the coffee, tamping process, etc. Still terrible results.

Contacted Krups service again. They had me send to another repair shop clear across the country. They again claimed that all was well. Upon it return, I opened the box and found a filthy machine. Coffee residue in the portafilters, filter holder, drip plate, everywhere. When I complained, they sent me a packet of "anticalc" to clean it with. Went through the process and tried again to draw a decent cup. No such luck. Still only lukewarm coffee. At that point I measured the temperature of the finished product and found it only 147º. It should be over 160º when delivered. Also found that any tamping of the grounds would stop the water flow through the grounds even though Krups claims that it has a "Powerful 15-bar pump".

End result is that I purchase an "espresso machine" that will not make espresso. Krups denies there is a problem. I have a machine that I am afraid to even give away fearing bad karma will descend on me and my household. I advise anyone and everyone to avoid the Krups brand. I also have a also have a 12 cup drip machine with a digital display so dim (a common complaint) it can only be read in a total darkness. Krups apologizes, but refuses to believe the customer. The customer must be wrong.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I purchased a coffee maker, model EC322. I sent an email regarding of spilling of coffee while pouring. They kindly sent a new carafe which did the same thing & I emailed again. Asked for a ref, no answer.

Original review: May 29, 2019

This is the second time in less than a month that this unit has been in for repair. The first time, the service center in New Mexico never even opened the box. They said they repaired the unit, but, I had a special seal on the box, which was never broken open. The second repair was sent out on 04/25, and, as of today (05/29) they still have not sent it back. I continue to get the customer service folks that tell me it would be shipping today. But, apparently, they still have not repaired it. And, every day when I call, they tell me the same thing. I am betting that it is just lost or damaged somewhere. In any case, I am calling yet again today. Hopefully, they can figure this out.

I am requesting a replacement, since they cannot seem to fix it. But really, how long does it take to fix something. I think in less time than this month long wait, I probably will NEVER buy another Krups product, nor recommend them to anyone. I have never had such a bad experience with any vendor. If these folks have a service center that is so busy, that they cannot get warranty units out quicker, perhaps they should work on quality control, to build a better product. This is NOT good customer support.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Krups?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I purchased the Savoy Coffee pot (chrome) about a year ago. It never had problems. Easy to program and I love that I could have 2 set times, one for me and one for my husband! Takes 12 min to brew a whole pot. 10 min if you press the turbo button. It beeps 3 times to signal it's ready (not so good if you have sleeping kids!) and beeps 3 more times 2 hrs to signal it's turning off the warming plate. I use my coffee pot an average of twice per day. Recently, it has stopped brewing at random times then gives the beep signal but there is water in the carafe still! A couple minutes later it will start brewing again... Stretching the brew time out to 30 min or so. I worry it's giving out. After 1 year. Frustrating. Because of the short life of the coffee pot, I do not recommend.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

We've had a silver faced one for 5 yrs and it's been great... We saw This black one and it's a disaster. It leaks every time. It's coffee all over the counter. I read the troubleshooting guide. That didn't stop it. I removed a spring thinking the pot wasn't sitting properly. Nothing works. I've tried stopping 1/2 way giving it a 5 min rest to allow basket to drain. Still it leaks. Time to bring the old one home from the cottage.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Hi, I bought a 600 Euro machine from Krups a few years ago. It's been great to us, until one morning the 'on/off' button broke. We went to Krups to have it repaired. 2 months later, it is still not ready. For a button? This is not about replacing an engine... I, the customer have been following up. They told me it would take a week to find the part and repair it. Now 10 weeks later, I am nowhere near where I want to be. They seem to just do not care about customers once they have your money. Just be careful. Use the machine as long as you can, but do not expect to have it repaired in a decent way. One would think that buying a high(er) end machine would result in high(er) end service. Not with this company I'm afraid. WORST customer service!!! Good luck to future buyers.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I purchased KRUPS ZX720K Electric Acrylic Citrus Juicer on on Oct-29th 2017 through Amazon and as of July-3rd of 2018 - it will no longer work. The unit comes with two years of warranty... So I contacted Krups USA and they reply with only excuses not to honor warranty. Here is the direct reply from KrupsUSA: "Please note that parts for this unit have been discontinued as the unit has not been in production since 2014. Also take note that based on the invoice the seller of this product is unauthorized. This product also would not have any warranty as the unit was disassembled by non authorized personnel. We thank you for writing to us. If you have additional questions, please contact a representative in our consumer service department at 1-800-526-5377. Representatives are available from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm EST, Monday thru Friday."

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I purchased a Krups Savoy EC412 coffee machine from Home Depot. It worked for a few months and then this morning started burning and the water was pouring out the back. I contacted Krups to have it replaced as per the warranty. I followed procedure and sent the info they requested. I then received an email telling me that they would send me shipping labels to send it in and in 2-3 weeks someone would look at it. Two-three weeks is unacceptable for a $75 coffee pot. What am I supposed to do in the interim? I contacted them about this and their customer service rep was quite rude. I let him know that I would not be purchasing further Krups products. His response was "I'm sure you won't." Krups doesn't care about their customers; stay clear and invest in another company with better and kinder customer service.

Krups author review by Jonathan Trout

Krups makes and sells small kitchen appliance including eight models of drip coffee makers. Each model features different technology and brewing capacities to make sure you get a satisfying result with your morning cup. They can be purchased online or at a store closest to your location.

• Moka Brewfilter: Krups’ Moka Brewfilter brews coffee by using an integrated boiler and heating element at the bottom, that comes together with steam and hits the coffee grounds at the top. This method enhances the flavor of your coffee. The Moka Brewfilter makes between eight and 12 cups of coffee and costs $149.99.

• 12-Cup Savoy: The 12-Cup Savoy is a programmable, turbo coffee maker. Krups says it brews coffee 35 percent quicker than most drip coffee makers. It features a warming function that keeps your pot warm for up to four hours after brewing has stopped. The Savoy coffee maker retails for $79.

• 10-Cup Control Line: Krups’ 10-Cup Control Line programmable coffee maker features a modern filter and a digital control line that keeps the temperature just right throughout the brewing process. Control Line has two programs (weekday time and weekend timer) to let you preset your drip coffee maker seven days a week. The Control Line coffee maker costs $69.75.

• Signature Series Filter: The Krups Signature Series Filter programmable coffee maker features LCD screens for easy viewing and programming. It also comes with a coffee aroma setting which brews a bold flavored coffee. The Signature Series Filter coffee maker retails for $69.95.

• Accessories: If you need to replace anything on our Krups coffee maker, check out their accessories page on their website. You can find spill-free tops for your carafe, permanent filters and coffee measuring spoons.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team