2.42/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Krups

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Krups Reviews

Original review: May 29, 2019

This is the second time in less than a month that this unit has been in for repair. The first time, the service center in New Mexico never even opened the box. They said they repaired the unit, but, I had a special seal on the box, which was never broken open. The second repair was sent out on 04/25, and, as of today (05/29) they still have not sent it back. I continue to get the customer service folks that tell me it would be shipping today. But, apparently, they still have not repaired it. And, every day when I call, they tell me the same thing. I am betting that it is just lost or damaged somewhere. In any case, I am calling yet again today. Hopefully, they can figure this out.

I am requesting a replacement, since they cannot seem to fix it. But really, how long does it take to fix something. I think in less time than this month long wait, I probably will NEVER buy another Krups product, nor recommend them to anyone. I have never had such a bad experience with any vendor. If these folks have a service center that is so busy, that they cannot get warranty units out quicker, perhaps they should work on quality control, to build a better product. This is NOT good customer support.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I purchased the Savoy Coffee pot (chrome) about a year ago. It never had problems. Easy to program and I love that I could have 2 set times, one for me and one for my husband! Takes 12 min to brew a whole pot. 10 min if you press the turbo button. It beeps 3 times to signal it's ready (not so good if you have sleeping kids!) and beeps 3 more times 2 hrs to signal it's turning off the warming plate. I use my coffee pot an average of twice per day. Recently, it has stopped brewing at random times then gives the beep signal but there is water in the carafe still! A couple minutes later it will start brewing again... Stretching the brew time out to 30 min or so. I worry it's giving out. After 1 year. Frustrating. Because of the short life of the coffee pot, I do not recommend.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

We've had a silver faced one for 5 yrs and it's been great... We saw This black one and it's a disaster. It leaks every time. It's coffee all over the counter. I read the troubleshooting guide. That didn't stop it. I removed a spring thinking the pot wasn't sitting properly. Nothing works. I've tried stopping 1/2 way giving it a 5 min rest to allow basket to drain. Still it leaks. Time to bring the old one home from the cottage.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Hi, I bought a 600 Euro machine from Krups a few years ago. It's been great to us, until one morning the 'on/off' button broke. We went to Krups to have it repaired. 2 months later, it is still not ready. For a button? This is not about replacing an engine... I, the customer have been following up. They told me it would take a week to find the part and repair it. Now 10 weeks later, I am nowhere near where I want to be. They seem to just do not care about customers once they have your money. Just be careful. Use the machine as long as you can, but do not expect to have it repaired in a decent way. One would think that buying a high(er) end machine would result in high(er) end service. Not with this company I'm afraid. WORST customer service!!! Good luck to future buyers.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I purchased KRUPS ZX720K Electric Acrylic Citrus Juicer on on Oct-29th 2017 through Amazon and as of July-3rd of 2018 - it will no longer work. The unit comes with two years of warranty... So I contacted Krups USA and they reply with only excuses not to honor warranty. Here is the direct reply from KrupsUSA: "Please note that parts for this unit have been discontinued as the unit has not been in production since 2014. Also take note that based on the invoice the seller of this product is unauthorized. This product also would not have any warranty as the unit was disassembled by non authorized personnel. We thank you for writing to us. If you have additional questions, please contact a representative in our consumer service department at 1-800-526-5377. Representatives are available from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm EST, Monday thru Friday."

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Krups?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I purchased a Krups Savoy EC412 coffee machine from Home Depot. It worked for a few months and then this morning started burning and the water was pouring out the back. I contacted Krups to have it replaced as per the warranty. I followed procedure and sent the info they requested. I then received an email telling me that they would send me shipping labels to send it in and in 2-3 weeks someone would look at it. Two-three weeks is unacceptable for a $75 coffee pot. What am I supposed to do in the interim? I contacted them about this and their customer service rep was quite rude. I let him know that I would not be purchasing further Krups products. His response was "I'm sure you won't." Krups doesn't care about their customers; stay clear and invest in another company with better and kinder customer service.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Overall coffee is hotter than other coffee makers I have used in the past. It's also an espresso machine. I can make espresso or cappuccinos but it's not that simple to use. I like that the coffee maker has a timer to set to brew my coffee and that the coffee last two hours hot then it automatically shuts off. However, I don't like that the filter sometimes fold when brewing coffee not allowing the coffee to brew properly. Also, it doesn't have a measurement of how much water is inside coffee maker. It only has the measurements on the carafe. When brewing more than 12 cups of coffee I cannot use the crepe because it's hot so it's a bit difficult to measure the amount that I put inside coffee maker.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I like it. I replaced my old coffee maker with the same brand. It meets my expectations. I like that you can stop the brewing process to pour yourself a cup of coffee before the pot is finished brewing. I like that it stays on for a few hours after it's brewed so on the weekends I can enjoy drinking coffee for a couple of hours. However, I broke the 14 cup carafe and could only find a 12 cup to replace it. It would be nice if there were14 cup carafe replacements. Also, it's a little complicated figuring out the clock to start the brewing each morning. If the power goes off you have to reset the auto start brew and it's not easy to figure out so now I don't use it since my husband passed away.

Original review: July 23, 2017

This is one of the best coffee makers I have owned. If I want 10 cups I can fill it to the 10 cup line and I get a great cup of coffee. With other coffee makers, it took a while till I found the right amount of water for, say 10 cups, and get a good cup of coffee. It's easy to use, easy to set the time and the timer and easy to set the time for the hot plate. I like that the top opens all the way with the hinge at the back. I like that there's a visible water fill guide on the front corner so I know exactly how much water I'm pouring in. I like that I can set the time on the hot plate to keep the coffee warm from 15 minutes to 2 hours. The only thing I would like better would be the ability to set the temperature on the hot plate. It's hot enough so that if I set it more than 30 minutes, the coffee starts to taste burned. So it would be nice to adjust the heat.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I like that you can make one cup at a time and not waste an entire pot. Also, I like that you can buy lots of flavors for it from several different vendors. It meets my needs and is relatively cost effective so I am pleased. It costs way less than going to a brand name food chain. It is simple but does experience issues frequently. It often stops working properly, only brewing half of the amount it should. It also has to be cleaned with vinegar and that stinks and takes a lot of time to clean out after you fill it up with vinegar.

Krups expert review by Jonathan Trout

Krups makes and sells small kitchen appliance including eight models of drip coffee makers. Each model features different technology and brewing capacities to make sure you get a satisfying result with your morning cup. They can be purchased online or at a store closest to your location.

• Moka Brewfilter: Krups’ Moka Brewfilter brews coffee by using an integrated boiler and heating element at the bottom, that comes together with steam and hits the coffee grounds at the top. This method enhances the flavor of your coffee. The Moka Brewfilter makes between eight and 12 cups of coffee and costs $149.99.

• 12-Cup Savoy: The 12-Cup Savoy is a programmable, turbo coffee maker. Krups says it brews coffee 35 percent quicker than most drip coffee makers. It features a warming function that keeps your pot warm for up to four hours after brewing has stopped. The Savoy coffee maker retails for $79.

• 10-Cup Control Line: Krups’ 10-Cup Control Line programmable coffee maker features a modern filter and a digital control line that keeps the temperature just right throughout the brewing process. Control Line has two programs (weekday time and weekend timer) to let you preset your drip coffee maker seven days a week. The Control Line coffee maker costs $69.75.

• Signature Series Filter: The Krups Signature Series Filter programmable coffee maker features LCD screens for easy viewing and programming. It also comes with a coffee aroma setting which brews a bold flavored coffee. The Signature Series Filter coffee maker retails for $69.95.

• Accessories: If you need to replace anything on our Krups coffee maker, check out their accessories page on their website. You can find spill-free tops for your carafe, permanent filters and coffee measuring spoons.

• Best for: consumers needing a drip coffee maker for their home.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout