Krups

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased a $3000 coffee machine and less than two years later it just stopped working. A phone number with error code came up and when we called they did not know the error code. Told us that our only option was to take the machine to a repair shop hours outside of NYC. So basically unless we take a day off to get it repaired the machine is now useless. Customer service was rude and unhelpful. Will never purchase another Krups product again.

I bought a Krups coffee maker 5 months ago and within 2 months, I began experiencing problems with it. To begin, it began taking longer and longer to brew a 12 cup pot of coffee. By the time I had owned it for 5 months, it took exactly 1 hour, 15 minutes to brew a full pot of coffee. Finally fed up, I contacted Krups directly to ask what I could do to fix the problem.

The customer service rep was very rude, and continually interrupted me. Since I no longer had the receipt, she stated that the coffee maker was out of warranty since it's their policy to add an additional 2 years into the warranty when a consumer has no receipt, thus making the coffeemaker purchase 2 years, 5 months old. She did agree to send me to a repair shop where I could get the unit fixed with Krups picking up the repair costs. Seeing that the purchase price was $60 originally, it wasn't worth my driving to a repair shop, leaving it, and waiting until it was repaired to have coffee! I'm going back to Cuisinart where they stand behind their products! Good riddance Krups!

We got a Krups FME 12-cup Coffee Maker as a wedding gift from my dad's business partner. It's a good appliance and very useful too. It fits perfectly with our black and white themed kitchen and the size of the pot is just right for our family of heavy coffee drinkers. It also works wonders when we're entertaining guests for dinner because I can prepare a dozen cups in 1 touch. Moreover, I like the digital display because it makes it easier for me to check when brewing will be complete and even alerts when our coffee is ready. And it's easy to dismantle and clean. Compared to our old coffee maker, this one looks more modern and high tech. Somehow the coffee tastes better too. Plus, there's an amazing drip-stop feature which our old one didn't have. It lets you take an advanced cup of coffee before the full pot is done brewing which is great when you're in a hurry or in dire need of a quick caffeine fix.

While rinsing the coffee kettle with warm water, the glass inside exploded! Shocking, severe injuries from flying glass can occur!

I have two Krups Espresso coffeemakers, one at my Florida home and one here in Kentucky. Never had a problem till yesterday. I prepared my coffee as always, went to the bathroom and then I heard this explosion in the kitchen. If I had been sitting at my breakfast table I would have sustained serious injuries with flying glass, sorta like a IED shrapnel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Krups?

My first Krups coffee maker ran for two years, but the processor controls showed signs of instability after only one year. Momentary power surges would cause the display to start blinking requiring a full reset to get the unit working again. The entire setup procedure is very complicated and could require 5-minute effort. 12 months later, display was stuck and even disconnecting power could not reset its periods. The Krups coffee maker brewed really good cups of coffee. With that in mind, I went to my local retail store to purchase another Krups. I found a lower priced unit with a programmable timer.

Since my last experience, I had become a little bit wary of purchasing units that are $100 to $500 each. The coffee maker was very easy to set up and the first pots brewed were excellent, just as with the last coffee maker. However, when I began using the programmable features, the automatic setting would switch the real time PM setting to AM. After reading some of the reviews regarding service experiences and multiple failures, I have decided to make do with the coffee maker until the processor fails completely.

Called Krups customer service after the second KT611 Thermal Coffee maker purchased failed after 3 years. Exact same problem with both units. Appears to be design or manufacturing flaw from this perspective. Krups offered to repair the unit with a 2/3 week turn around time, not including shipping time. Not a very good solution.

KRUPS KM310850 Latteccino 2-in-1 Coffee Maker - I bought the coffee maker end of February. Less than 1 month later the anti-drip system broke. After calls and emails I've been able to send my the coffee filter holder in May. Since there're no more news and I've been calling and no one call me back. Now we're end of August almost beginning of September. I bought a new coffee maker. Disappointed by their customer service.

I purchased this machine in Dec '13 from Hudson Bay during one of their 1/2 price pre-XMAS sales and still paid 500.00. The coffee is excellent and we were very satisfied until June '14. After many tel calls and messages left we were finally able to send the machine back East and have it repaired. This time it has functioned for 6 weeks when the same issues arose. I have left many messages, spoke to a clerk at a different locale (who offered to help) and still have not heard anything after 2 weeks. Their recording advises that they will make contact within 2 business days. I have spoken with the manager of The Bay. The machine is still on warranty but not much good if I can't speak to anyone. Very doubtful if I will ever purchase a KRUPS product in the future.

Whenever I make espresso, the water pours both from the filter sprout, but, also from around the filter into a mess all over my countertop, and I get grounds in my espresso pot. I have to strain my espresso in order to drink it.

I purchased a Krups coffeemaker after contemplating over several choices, so I decided to go with the Krups. I was sadly disappointed after 4 months. After about 2 months, I noticed that it started taking longer & longer to brew the coffee. I didn't think anything of it, I just became more patient...So this morning I brewed a 1/2 pot. My husband finished it off, I only got 1 cup so I had to make another 1/2 pot, and it wasn't brewing. So I unplugged it & started it up again, & again!!!!!!

NO RESULTS... And of course I had thrown away the box & receipt thinking after a couple of months, it's good to go, & of course I didn't register it, but according to most of the reviews I now have read it wouldn't have mattered anyway, because it would take weeks to hear back from KRUPS!! So needless to say, I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANYMORE PRODUCTS FROM KRUPS!!!! So I just tossed $80.00 in the TRASH!!!! Too much trouble to wait to hear back from KRUPS, pack it up & wait for them to repair it or replace it, which I'm sure wouldn't happen, not today!!!!

Krups Espresseria Automatic Premium EA8250 - I bought this machine in May 2014. It is now April 2015 and the machine has been sent out for service 4 (four) times already. Every time the machine is out for service the turnaround time is 3 weeks. The problem is always the same. The milk frothing does not work, the machine is leaking, the grinder needs "help" by pushing the beans manually down. Krups extended my warranty by another 6 months but this is not a satisfactory solution for a unit that costs $ 800.00. The satisfactory working period after a service is around 8 weeks!!! Good luck with another brand.

Updated on 10/02/2015:

The machine has been sent out two more times and was once replaced by a refurbished one that I received in July and stopped working in August!!! The machine was in service for a month and after repeated phone follow-ups I was told that the machine frother does not heat up above 100 degrees?! Any cappuccino maker knows that for milk to properly froth it need to reach a range of 140-160 degrees which I brought to the attention of the Krups Service Center. I was instructed to use the manual Pannarello frother!!! I indicated that the reason I purchased and paid a premium for this machine was that it was advertised as "automatic premium". My request to be replaced by a better model was denied so, upon receiving the broken machine back I intend to take the matter to the small claims court. To anyone out there looking for an espresso machine I have one word of advice: Stay away from KRUPS.

My partner ** brought me a coffee machine with free coffee from elector is in Los Cristianos in tenerife in February, for our holiday home. I took it back as the pods did not work in it. They sent it up to their main dealer, who said there was nothing wrong with the machine. It was the pods they said. They were probably dried up. I told them as we had brought it as a promotion with forty free coffee that it is not my problem as I thought they should have replaced the coffee as out of the forty about ten worked more coffee. The machine now seems to be working, but I do not think this is good customer service after it just working for one week & I took it back after three weeks, as I kept thinking it was how I was using it, until my friend came who recommended me to buy it. Said it was not anything I was doing wrong.

Company in Los Cristianos don't seem to think it is their problem. I don't know the retail laws in this country but in the UK where it is free coffee or not it was sold as a promotion so the coffee should have been fresh & usable. I was very disappointed with the service. Unfortunately I have misplaced my receipt as I took it with me to the shop & have misplaced it but they have it on file. It was bought under my partner's name ** & paid with his Coutts credit card. If a problem I can get the date he paid it. The company know about this & said to write to you if not satisfied.

I was juicing apples, the top blew off, the mesh screen blew apart and hit my hand then flew up and hit my mouth and nose. I looked down because my hand felt numb and saw that it had sliced into my dorsal side of my hand mangling it and slicing into my small and ring finger. I went to the ER and had 10 stitches put in.

I purchased an electric kettle in August 2012 with a 2-year warranty. From the first, the lid would not flip open. I could open it with my fingernail, so I decided that it wasn't important enough to return the pot. Then, within the year, it began leaking from the glass window. Again, it seemed too insignificant to bother to return the kettle, although it is odd that a manufacturer of a product designed to hold boiling water cannot guarantee that it be watertight.

Then, after a few more months, I began to find water in the base when I lifted the kettle. At first I thought that I was overfilling or spilling the water myself. Then, after the warranty had expired, the water began to run over the kettle base & onto the kitchen counter, & in a short time began to run all over the counter. The base is separating from the body of the kettle which has left a line of rust within the seam all the way around the kettle. The water was on & in the base where the kettle appears to connect with an electrical element. It seems dangerous &, in fact, the usage booklet says that the kettle should not be used if it leaks. I suppose that this could happen occasionally with any consumer product.

However, I see this as a serious problem, especially since upon checking the Internet, I discovered that there are multiple complaints of the very same problems which I have described among various models of Krups electric kettles. In addition, the customer service rep was unconcerned & uncooperative. At first, her response was that the 2-year warranty was up. When I pointed out that my state, like perhaps most states, provides for a longer warranty period (4 years in PA), her response was that now her supervisor had agreed to repair the kettle. I do not want a kettle soldered together which is the result of what I consider a production flaw.

Krups company knows that their kettles leak since they are replacing them through the warranties. It is outrageous that they would refuse to replace or refund the cost of kettles which are beyond the warranty period. I believe that the company should issue a recall since this might be a serious issue with an electric product. The biggest problem, though, is the attitude & lack of cooperation of the company's so-called customer service employees who have behaved like children playing naughty games to see what they can get away with--no apology, no concern, no mention of intending to report the issue to the appropriate department, unhelpful.

They did eventually offer to issue a sort of gift certificate for another product. I had already purchased a non-Krups kettle. Why would I want a certificate to purchase another Krups product after reading all the complaints about the company's kettles on the Internet? I intend to take my kettle into small claims court under my state's consumer warranty law.

In 2011 we purchased Krups model KM810555. Less than 6 months into the purchase the machine just quit working. It would click to turn on but would not. Contacted Krups, they sent a shipping label to return for repair. A month later we received a new system from them, the KM7005. Love it, absolutely love it. However with 6 months it also stopped working. It would grind the beans, then click to dispense the water and nothing. Again we called Krups, this time I was told by CS that "a one time courtesy repair would be done". Really a $200 pot that lasts 6 months and this is a courtesy?? Again shipping label, send it back, they forward to a repair shop in South Carolina who sends it back to us. That was December 2013. Well New Year's 2015, I have the exact same problem with this brewer. Grinds, but won't dispense water. I have contacted Krups, but they have yet to get back to me. We truly love the coffee this brewer produces, so I guess I will be looking for another manufacturer of a similar product. A shame, I thought Krups was a reputable product.

Krups make the capsules for their coffee-devices hard to find and sell them very expensive in exclusive shops where you have to wait too long to get them. I was just in one of those awful shops, where the sellers worked slowly and let me wait unnecessary long (this is probably part of their business plan). Be a conscient consumer and don't enter into this crap.

I have bought Krups coffee makers for 30 years; the past 6 I have brewed with the 10 cup analog blue light K1000. After 6 months the last 5 coffee makers heating element rusts. I have replaced them at my own cost because I love the machine but this is the last. I contacted Customer Service and their only response was to send me a shipping label to get it repaired. How will shipping a $50 coffee maker across the country to have the element replaced and returned to me be more cost efficient than sending a new machine? Krups, what's up? This is **. Send me a replacement machine.

I have owned this pot about 6 months and it has totally stopped working. The water isn't heating enough to come through the filter. Very sad and no coffee this morning.

I bought an electric kettle a couple of years ago, model AC16KRUPS, for our trailer. It was not used until recently when our house kettle broke. I washed the Krups kettle out thoroughly, boiled it with vinegar in the water, rinsed it out and it still had a plastic or chemical smell. So I boiled it again with baking soda, rinsed it out again and it still smelled. I boiled the kettle again and tried to make some tea, and the tea tasted awful. I had to wash the teapot out thoroughly to get the smell out of it. Very disappointed with Krups.

I purchased this wonderful Krups KM7000 grinder/brewer coffee machine only to have the brewing part stop 6 months after I purchased it. I sent it off and the company repaired it. Now a year later the grinder stopped working and, of course, it isn't under warranty any more. My old Cuisinart which is probably 12 years old still works like a charm.

Purchased the grinder about 2008 and never used it. It was kept in the box the whole time in my pantry. When I tried to use it yesterday (October 6, 2013) for the first time, to grind the spice, the blade worked the first time, but when I tried to grind the spice a second time, the blade did not work. Called customer service, 800 526 5377 and advised them of this and Krups wanted to make an excuse about maybe air got into the machine as if saying it is my fault. The product could have been defective when I bought it. Krups refused to give me any satisfaction except to tell me I have to buy another one because my warranty was out or if I spend $60 on an item I could get a $10 rebate. Krups refused to honor a defective machine that was probably defective when I bought it. Did not try the machine because I have purchased Krups products in the past and had no problem. I live on a fixed income and I do not have money to just throw away. It seems all this company thinks about is selling defective products and refuses to honor a request for replacement.

The Type KM 100D, Ret KM100050/353111 is horrible and not worth the money. What a miserably bad design that could not have been tested well. The funnel device that you put coffee in must be pushed down, turned and locked in place before putting the lid on; otherwise, its outlet below to the pot will be blocked and coffee and coffee grounds will go all over the machine - in all of its nooks and crannies, on the counter, and on the floor. Bad design! If you are lucky to get some coffee that is not on your counter, the coffee pot lid is not designed well. When you pour coffee from it, too much of it doesn't land in the cup but on the counter. The clock is minuscule and worthless; you simply can't see it. Amazingly, there is no beep when the coffee is ready. Don't buy this piece of trash!

I purchased 2 identical coffee makers about 1 1/2 years ago. One crapped out just past the 1-year mark and now the other one crapped out. The first time, I emailed Krups and after providing the serial/model #, they responded that it was out of warranty so even though I have emailed them again to let them know the second one has had the same fate, I don't hold any hope that they will do anything about it. I would think $100 coffee makers should last longer than 1 1/2 years. I am very disappointed and will never buy another Krups product. Not only is their product poorly made, their customer service is even worse.

We purchased this oven 3+ years ago and have enjoyed it. In fact, we purchased a second one for our vacation home. However, door hinge snapped and the door no longer stays closed - we had to rig with a cord. After reading several complaints about the same issue, we will not purchase this same product. Too bad, it has a really nice look compared to other similar priced products. It's very sturdy looking and was performing up until now.

I just had my 3rd BeerTender fail in 4 years. First one did not work on Christmas and was shipped back, and I received another. It worked for about 11 months - led display failed. They no longer made B95. So they sent me a B90 and $100 Krups credit, but would not ship unit until credit is used. I got a 2-slice toaster - which worked ok, but toast wasn't always done the same (I gave it away) - and extra stuff for BeerTender. The 3rd one, which just failed, lasted one month over warranty. I contacted them and explained my history with this product and was told "sorry out of warranty". Anyone buying any of their products has rocks in their head. This company does not stand behind their products.

I purchased a Krups coffeemaker. Out of the box it didn't work. When I filled it with water, it all ran out the bottom of the brewer. I called Krups and they told me it was out of warranty. Do not buy anything from this company. They are liars and crooks. They stock items in their warehouses for years and refuse warranty work or replacement. They won't even respond to your emails. They should be closed down. Everything they sell is made in China. Buyer beware.

Krups Juicer Type 251 exploded like a bomb! - My 14-year-old daughter, my husband and I were juicing carrots. I took a photo of the carrot juice coming out and put it on Instagram. My daughter walked into the living room, my husband turned the juicer off and turned his back to to go to the sink, and the juicer exploded like a bomb with massive force blowing things off the counter and the popcorn maker top off. The whole top part of the juicer is now into pieces. The blade wheel is the only thing still in 1 piece. It covered a 12x6 foot kitchen area in glass shards from the bowl sitting in front of it that was blown to bits. The kitchen is also covered in carrot shreds and juicer pieces.

I have a photo of the juicer working fine with no signs of trouble brewing, and I took a video and posted it to Facebook of the mess it created after the explosion. Other than some minor slices and being stuck with glass shards - all from clean up - we are all okay. We do however have to repaint 1 of our kitchen walls due to juicer pieces scuffing the wall pretty deeply. Our Macbook computer was also hit pretty hard and carrot shreds blasted into the ports on the side. Hoping it stays functioning fine. I am terrified to use any of my electrical appliances now. What else might explode without warning? I hope this report can help to save someone from serious injury or even death.

A 4-slice toaster (FEA211) that only 2 slices partially work. When I opened it up, I found plastic cam that rotates when toast lever depressed broken off. Very cheap Chinese junk. I looked for a replacement board (not an individual part) and came up blank. I pulled out my very old Toastmaster 2-slice from my parents' wedding in 1942 - works great, just can't do bagels. Last Krups in this house. Cheap design.

The KB720 blender has a very poor design for the base locking unit. I have lost more sauces, etc. due to this problem. Have you come up with a new design? If so, I would love a replacement. Because when a sauce is hot, I have come close to burning myself.

Krups Company Profile