2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

4.8/5 (218 ratings)

About Kohler Walk-In Bath

Kohler manufactures and sells walk-in baths and other bathroom products. The company uses its own patented technology on its air-massage jets and heated surfaces. Kohler also offers a variety of wall designs to customize your tub to your bathroom decor. If you’re interested, reach out for a free in-home consultation and quote.

Pros

• Various wall design options
    • One-day installations
    • Custom fits available
    • Lowest walk-in on the market

Cons

• Pricey upgrades
    • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

Kohler's walk-in tubs feature patented technology to keep you safe and comfortable, like BubbleMassage air jets and Bask heated surfaces. It can be expensive, but it offers many customizations.

Top Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The purchase process at Kohler was thoroughly enjoyable. I didn't think that the installers could do as good as they did. ... They answered all my questions. The walk-in tub adds ...

Verified

I love Kohler products. They last and they're 110% top quality. The reps of Kohler were wonderful. ... I love all the features of my walk-in tub. I have trouble with my back and I...

Information from Kohler on the coronavirus (COVID-19)

If you are uncomfortable with scheduling an in-home quote appointment, you can set up a virtual quote appointment in many markets. During in-home visits, Kohler employees follow special safety guidelines, including using hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes throughout the process.

Kohler walk-in bath features

If you have difficulty bathing or are looking to get the spa experience in the comfort of your home, Kohler can help. Its walk-in tubs offer increased comfort, safety and convenience versus traditional tubs.

Kohler’s comfort technologies include BubbleMassage air jets to help soothe your muscles and Bask heated surfaces to help you relax in and around the tub. Kohler also provides a hand-held showerhead with settings that are strong enough to get you clean but gentle on sensitive skin.

While Kohler bathtubs are deep enough for immersion, Kohler’s fast-drain technology keeps things moving. Additionally, all Kohler walk-in bathtubs include the company’s 3-inch threshold entries, non-slip surfaces to prevent trips and falls, and handrails to keep you steady.

Kohler walk-in tub installation

Kohler offers professional installation for its walk-in tubs, but you’ll need to have an installer check your home first. After inspecting your space, a Kohler walk-in bath installer will provide a quote that includes the cost of the tub and installation. From there, you can set up a time for technicians to install your new walk-in bath.

During their visit, these technicians will remove your previous tub, renovate the space if necessary, install your new tub and show you how it works. Kohler can install a walk-in tub in your current bathtub's footprint in as little as one day.

Kohler walk-in bath cost

Kohler’s walk-in bath prices depend on the model you choose and the amount of construction required for the installation. After you receive your in-home consultation, Kohler gives you a free quote for any costs associated with your walk-in tub, including installation and any additional features you select. This price does not change throughout the process, as Kohler prides itself on its "Price Promise."

To help you afford a walk-in tub, Kohler offers both discounts and financing, depending on your credit history and eligibility. The company also offers a limited lifetime warranty on all the major systems of the tub.

Kohler walk-in bath designs

While many other walk-in tub companies offer customized sizing and features, Kohler also offers exclusive design options, like faucet styles and wall coverings.

Kohler walk-in bath FAQ

How difficult is it to clean a Kohler walk-in bathtub?
    No, it shouldn’t be any harder to clean a Kohler tub than a model from any other brand. Kohler recommends using a nonabrasive all-purpose cleaner on the tub and a glass cleaner and a soft sponge or squeegee on the showerhead and faucet. Just make sure you remove products from the tub before you start and rinse off the tub when you’re done.
    What type of warranty does Kohler offer for walk-in tubs?
    Kohler offers a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects on the major systems of your tub, including the door, showerhead and hydrotherapy systems.
    Will a Kohler walk-in tub fit in my bathroom?
    If you have a traditional bathtub, a Kohler walk-in bath should fit in your home. The Kohler walk-in bath is designed to fit in the footprint of an existing tub. Custom sizes are available, ranging from 52 to 60 inches long and 28 to 32 inches wide. If you want to be sure, a certified safety specialist can visit your home for a no-cost consultation to determine if a walk-in tub will fit in your bathroom.
    How many jets come with a Kohler walk-in bath?
    A Kohler walk-in bath comes with up to 10 jets.

Do we recommend Kohler walk-in baths?

If you are looking for a company to guide you through selecting, installing and using a walk-in tub, Kohler can help. With a range of colors, fixtures and design choices available, Kohler's wall designs and customization options can help you find a walk-in tub that matches your unique decor. Quotes include installation costs, so you can know the price of your new tub before you commit and avoid any hidden fees. Should something go wrong, Kohler's warranty program and customer service department are there to make it right.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Original review: June 28, 2021

We had looked into Safe Step, had them come out and kind of price a walk-in tub. It was a ridiculous price and there was no way we could afford it so we had to tell them no. Then I saw a commercial that Kohler had walk-in tubs. Somebody from Kohler called me and I talked to him. He told me he could make us a better deal. We agreed to look into it when spring came and we did. He was awesome. We loved him. When you talk to him, he listens to you. He doesn't misunderstand what you're telling him. He's the friendliest fellow.

There was some confusion during the installation but it worked out okay. They were gonna install it one day but they've got a new girl running the scheduling and she forgot to call the electricians. The guys who brought the tub to install it were running behind and it was gonna be nine o'clock before they were able to get it done. Plus, we wouldn't get to use the tub until four or five days later. They didn't think that that would be too cool so they discussed it with me and came back on Thursday. Those two guys were awesome. They knew exactly what to do and how to do it. They did the installation in a great timeframe. They took out our old tub and cleaned up every five minutes. When we went in there after they finished, you couldn't tell there’d been construction going on in there. It was so clean.

We love our Kohler walk-in bath. The best thing we ever did was buy it. It is expensive but it is awesome. My favorite features are the ability to get in and out of it. The jets and the bubbles are wonderful. It is so relaxing and makes you feel good. My husband has brain damage and had to relearn how to walk. I always believed that if we could get him something like this tub, the warm water, the jets and the massage would relax his muscles and help him walk better, and they do. He gets in it every day now and lets those jets and air bubbles massage his legs. Now, he walks a lot smoother than he did. His legs and back are much more relaxed. He jumps out of the bed now instead of having stand up, fall down, stand up, fall down.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Shirley, thank you for your amazing review and kind words! It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that you and your husband are enjoying the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath and that your husband is reaping the health and wellness benefits of the hydrotherapy jets. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Kohler has a good reputation and I’ve dealt with Kohler products. The rep answered my questions. He was very thorough and professional. He told me everything that I wanted to know. He was well prepared, and without being pushy. He knew my circumstances, that I could not make up my mind. I could not give him a final decision because my husband was in the hospital at the time. He was very patient. He worked with me and did an excellent job.

The workmen were all good. They should emphasize that ordinarily, this is more than a one-day job. Some of their ads say this could happen in a day. We didn't have any major issues but I can't see how that could happen. They are better off telling the customer it's ordinarily a two-day job. And when they finished the tub, water went all over the floor. That was not a good experience, but they did their best to repair it. They had to come back and put in a new door and that was disappointing. Because we had other issues, Mark came out here and then explained exactly how to use the tub, all kinds of little hints. That demonstration is crucial and it should be done by a representative of the company, not just depend on their plumber or electrician, or whoever is doing the installation.

I wrote that to him and told him that. It was he who gave me all the hints about you have to make sure that door is totally closed or it will leak. That isn't why it leaked in the first place. But we did have a problem later on and we discovered that was the issue. But he was very good, so with Alex, the two people I worked with at the company. The Home Forever Bath representatives were both excellent.

The other thing was, when they did the work, they forgot to tell me that the tub turns on again to clear the line. And it scared me because I was not in the room and all of a sudden it turned on again. I turned it off, which meant after a few minutes, it turned on again. And then I called in a panic, and told them, “That's a crucial piece of information, even if it's in your printed material.” They did not provide the guide book at the time. They ended up mailing it to me. I got it in the next-day mail. That's an expensive project. It's very important when that job is finished, that someone from that company comes, brings you their brochure, makes sure they go through the whole use with you.

And the other thing was, we have gotten used to it now, but the amount of water that that takes drains our hot water tank, so we have to plan if we're going to use it, which is fine. We use the shower portion and I like that. I wish they didn't have any issues, but they were very good about handling any problem that came up.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Margaret, thank you for your review and for being a loyal Kohler customer. It's great to hear that your sales representative was informative, courteous and patient. We apologize for the leakage with your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath door and are glad the issue was resolved swiftly. We appreciate your feedback on how to make the experience better, including providing the user with a comprehensive demonstration and a user manual. We hope you enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

My wife and I had talked about buying a hot tub and putting it outside where the swimming pool is. But we decided not to because down here, our winters are cold and wet. And in the summertime, you don't go out there in 80 or 90-degree weather with 100% humidity and hop in a tub that’s hotter than the weather. So the wife said, “Why don't just get the tub instead and have it here in the house instead of having a hot tub outside and you use it anytime you want it?” I said, “Well, that's great.” I filled out a questionnaire and before I knew it, a salesperson from Kohler was calling me to arrange a meeting to be down in my area. He was well-informed, had everything in the case, had samples of the plumbing, and had a roll-up display of what the tub looked like. I had already seen it online but my wife hadn't. So it was educational for the most part and informative.

It took them a while to install it but I don't know if they ran into any difficulties. The electrical man showed up like a Saturday or Sunday and did the wiring portion of it. He let the guys know that he was done with his part and left. The only thing was they had so many installations come in ahead of me that it put me off to an extended period anyway, because we signed paperwork on June 26 for the tub and it was September the 1st before I got it. The team that was gonna come in and do the install had to postpone because a hurricane was coming. It didn't come so we had bright, clear weather for every day they were gonna be not here. And so they had to reschedule for another week and they finally got out here.

Once it was being installed, the guys were really mindful of my house and what it would take to get everything in and to get it put in. They did it all in a day. We originally had a garden tub in that area, and then we had the house remodeled and had a full glass and shower put in that area. So it had a half wall on one end and a full top wall on the other. When it comes down to put the Kohler tub in, there was a space already laid out for it. All they had to do was move the location for the drain. It made it easy for them.

Since the tub was installed, I don't have any complaints about it. I'm a little more relaxed. I'm retired due to a disability, so I'm home every day. We have another bathroom in our house in the upstairs. And if I have to go take a shower, I can go up there. There are times when I don't have enough time to go sit in the tub, fill it up all the way or part of the way, and take a bath. I need to get up and get moving so the shower’s more preferential. But that usually happens on Sunday when I'm going to church or if I got a doctor's appointment. But any other day of the week, I use the tub. The heated seatback of the bathtub is great. They got thermal controls where you go warm, warmer, and warmest. But like they told me when they installed it, to turn it on about five minutes before I get in it, and let the seatback get warm. It does work and I do like it. I wish the seat was heated at the bottom. I've got a surgery that went bad and it bothers my legs and my lower back and the tub helps me out.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Richard. It's wonderful to hear that your sales representative was knowledgeable and informative. We are glad that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath was installed in a day once your installation day arrived. We are thrilled that your walk-in bath has helped you relax and relieve your legs and back when you soak in it. The heated backrest is one of our favorite comfort features as well since it helps keep you warm while the bath fills. We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I'm really happy with my Kohler walk-in bath. It turned out beautiful because what's unusual was that I had that big glass window where the glass blocks have bubbles in them, so that they only let light in and out but you can't see in or out. That was next to my marble regular tub. When they put in the tub, they took out the marble and they put in the Kohler one. It covers up the bottom row of glass blocks but all the others are still there to be seen, so the light comes through. It just looks stunning. It's also right there between my two closets. It's not closed in. You don't get that kind of claustrophobic feeling. Then also the walls are with the new LuxStone and I've got it in the blue. But it looks like tie-dye. Then the worker said, “Wow! We haven’t put in a tub like this before.”

Everybody's been wonderful at Kohler. The salesman was Ken. He's doing design and he was very nice and knowledgeable. Then I had the three shifts of workers, the electricians, the plumber and the painter. They were all very professional. They had to take off the bathroom door. It was very narrow so they had to take it off its hinges and they said, “We'll do it in a day and a half.” They still had to take out the tub to put in the new one, plus had to drill on the floor to make the hole because, as they said, I got all the bells and whistles. I’ve got everything including the shower and that took a while to do all that but they did it in a day and a half. I just couldn't believe it, but they did. I was very impressed.

However, I have a suggestion. I'm 68 and I'm handicapped, but I'm obese. So the only problem is the panel door. My relatives walk in and out, no problem. Here comes me and I have to get sideways. As it is, I have to push myself through and out. In the future, they might be able to come out and even add an inch to the door to make it a little bit easier for us obese people. Other than that, everything's fine.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Norma, thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you are so happy with your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath and its stunning beauty with the addition of Bluette walls. It's also wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience that was quick and professional.

The door of the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath was specially designed to be larger and more accessible than other walk-in baths. We do appreciate your feedback as our Kohler engineers are continuously improving the design of our walk-in bath to provide our customers with the best bathing experience.

We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

We looked at Kohler and several others. I was liking what I saw on the web page very much so I went with them. Being someone with an engineering background, I thought it met what we needed. We agreed to have somebody come out and do some measurements. The rep was was well-versed in it and could answer my questions immediately without having to look at his cheat sheet and find the answer. He knew his product very well and that was a plus for us. He did his job very nicely and told us what it would be price-wise, and we agreed to it immediately. We didn’t see the need to look further at any other. The people who came and installed it did a great job on everything. They demonstrated the walk-in feature and we were pleased with that. We haven't had to call them back for anything.

This is the fourth or fifth house that we've been in in our lifetime. We had had two walk-in tubs before for that one that we bought in a box store and put in ourselves as we moved into our third or fourth house. We had another one put in by an independent contractor here in Tulsa and we were happy with both of those. We decided that in our 80s, we needed that to maintain health, to keep our joints moving and our soreness to a minimum. The Kohler walk-in tub is doing the job. We're pleased with it.

Being able to either use the air or the pump, or both of them at once is great. It certainly helps with the soreness of the day's activities if you hit that in the evening. It's about 15 or 20 minutes before it begins to shut down and that's fine. That always helps us sleep better during the night. We're doing much better after the tub has been installed. We're probably bathing more. If we wanna scrub the dirt off, we take the shower. But if we want to soak and relax, we take the tub. It's been good. Even the little handheld shower device that comes with the tub has been great in the cleanup. Sometimes, if you wanna soak your head while you're there, you can use that device too once the tub is full and warm. You can shut everything else down, get the tub going again, and put that anywhere you want on your body. That's a nice feature.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi John, thank you for your review. It's great to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are so glad that the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath is helping you to maintain your health, keep your joints moving, reduce your soreness and improve your sleep. The multifunction handheld shower is one of our favorite features as well. We hope you continue to soak and relax in your walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

The salesperson was what made me decide to go with Kohler but I’m having a lot of problems with the walk-in bath. The installation company was not willing to come in and fix it. I had been having a bad conversation with them over the last couple of weeks. So, I'm not happy at all with it. I'm not able to use the jet. The button is hard and you have to push it hard seven times to get it to work. The knob that keeps the water in and out keeps falling off while we’re in the tub. It’s heavy so it hits your leg and it hurts. The knob to the shower came loose and we can't get it tightened back up. They keep saying they’re gonna come and fix it, but they haven't. It's been three months now and I'm very disappointed.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Luceta, we are sorry to hear you have had a poor experience with our product. Kohler strives to delight our customers through our one level of quality standard for all Kohler products. Please contact our Customer Service team at (800) 986-5977 or visit https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service so we may assist you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I had very good interactions with the sales and installation teams. I like everything about the walk-in tub.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Paula, thank you for taking the time to review us. Customer satisfaction is our priority, and we are glad that you had a positive experience with both teams. We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

The sales rep from Kohler answered all our questions and worked with us to get a left-handed side walk-in bath, which was what we needed. We got a discount on it. So, we’re very happy. It was an excellent experience. Sometimes I get up in the morning and take a shower. When I’m hurting bad, I go in and take a bath and use the massage. So, I love it all.

The installation was perfect. The reps were very good and confident, and they walked us through the tub and how it operates. They double checked to make sure the hot water heater was gonna be hot enough. We thought it wouldn’t be because we didn’t have our heater turned all the way up. And we didn't even have to turn it all the way up, just a little bit higher than what we had it to keep the hot water to fill it. They told us to call them and we got all the phone numbers to call them back, which we’re gonna have to because since the walk-in bath has settled now, they gotta come back and fill in the joints a little bit more.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Connie, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Scott, one of the installers, was unbelievable. I never met a guy that talented and that precision-oriented. The Kohler walk-in bath was overpriced but sometimes, you have to ignore the decimal points, especially on something that is important. I like the combination of the water and air jets.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Ernest, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. The soothing jets is one of our favorite features too! We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I was looking at all the different walk-in tubs and I liked the stuff Kohler had best. The sales rep was a really nice guy and he was really helpful. The installers were great as well. They didn’t know exactly what it was supposed to be, so I’m not sure whether Kohler communicates with their subcontractors that well or not, but we got it straightened out. And the next day, they knew exactly what we were doing. The tub is great and I've put a TV in there so I can sit in the jacuzzi and watch TV. I also had an extra shower put in that has a shower head and I would rather take showers than baths, but I use the jacuzzi every so often. Other than that, I’m supposed to have glass put in but it's taking them a long time to get the glass in.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

John, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Company Information