KitchenAid Trash Compactor

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

While on warranty, the compactor ram would sometimes make a hammering noise when it reached the top of its cycle. A repair tech was sent and He replaced an actuator arm attached to the foot pedal. After a short time, it started doing it again. I lubricated the start switch which helped some but didn't cure the problem. I ordered a complete replacement assembly which was a new design (must have had too many problems with the old one). After installing the new parts, the hammering problem still exists. I called tech support and they offered to send a serviceman to check it out but at my cost (now off warranty) suggesting it may need a new electronic board. I told them that I wouldn't put any more money into a poor appliance. I owned a Sears for 25 yrs. with no problems. This is 2 yrs. old and Kitchen Aid should be ashamed to produce such a piece of junk.

Compactor does not work. Several times they have given us names of servicers in our area who turn out to not service the product a all. Frustrating to sit home for hours to learn that the servicer will not come because they decide that they won't/don't service compactors and yet, KA has them listed on their service list. Horrible way to run a business when customer service has a great deal to be desired.

Our compactor is less than two years old. It is used only for paper and plastic, no cans, etc. A cheap, foreign-made plastic pulley broke literally in half and our investigation reveals this to be a common problem that KitchenAid refuses to address. Our repair tells us it will break again in a year or two. The replacement we purchased was made from the same mold as the original. Repair bill was $112.80.

KitchenAid Trash Compactor Company Profile