Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid Mixers Reviews

Original review: Nov. 16, 2013

I have been told that the plastic gears are only used to make the mixer more affordable and that they all aren't made with the plastic gears. Just depends on what store they are sold in... Just what I was told. I do have a kitchen aid miser that is 10+ yrs old and have never had any problem with it...Am looking to upgrade soon just because.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2013

My Kitchen Aid mixer broke after a year and a half of use. Apparently it uses a plastic gear, called a worm gear, which reportedly is a component that commonly breaks. These mixers are very expensive; however their construction is obviously inferior if they only last a year or so. With only a 1 year guarantee, the customer is seriously unprotected from these common failure issues. I believe KitchenAid should stand behind their products by either correcting the components that consumers frequently report or increase the warranty period to protect consumers from known issues. I personally have lost confidence in any KitchenAid product from my experience.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2013

After only 8 years, this EXPENSIVE 6 QUART PROFESSIONAL mixer burns up!! KitchenAid's customer service is less than sub-par. They offered for me to pay them to fix it OR get 20% of a refurbished model!! REALLY???? After paying $500+, that is the service you get. When I told the customer service lady that it was only used about 4 times a year, she turned it around saying that's why it went out!! I needed to run it every month for a couple of minutes... I asked her if this was stated in the owner's manual, and of course, it was NOT.

NO, I would never buy another KA product if this is what you get for your money. All you get is one year for your 500 bucks. That's a gamble if you ask me. It's not all that different from a cheap mixer anyway. It may LOOK pretty, but inside it's CHEAP!!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2013

This is a product that I rarely used and after being tired of not being able to get the beater off, I called KitchenAid. They said this is a problem that happens when sugar gets stuck in the beater. They said I would have to pay $35 to send to them and they would tell me how much it would cost to repair. If I didn't like the cost I could pay to have it sent back plus a diagnostic fee. I said there was nothing in the manual that warned of this and they said they don't put it there because no one would read it! Now I can only use this one attachment or pay probably what it would cost to buy another mixer for them to remove the attachment. This design is faulty and beware if you buy it, they will not stand behind it after a year.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2013

I wrote a letter to KitchenAid. No one didn't come back to me. Complaint mixer model K45-WH:

My name is Asaf ** from Israel. On 02/01/09 I purchased a mixer device model K45-WH from your distributor in Israel "Newpan." I received the device and the product worked great. After a year the device start to be very noisy, and I gave it repaired at Newpan customer service (under warranty). The product is returned and worked for less than a year and again broke down. I spoke with the customer service and told them that once you buy an international high quality product you expect high quality service in accordance with the price you paid, so I demanded a new product, after they fixed the product and it broke down again.

Newpan opposed, say you (KITCHEN AID) do not give such a service so they said they will fix it again. I told them that I was not ready to get it repaired again, because they do not know how to fix properly. So at the end they switched me to another device (not new), after the promise of the replacement product will be good. Having no choice, I took it. The product I received was worse than the product I gave them, but because Newpan were not effective in customer service, I had no power to send them back the product.

Two months ago, the product stopped working completely. Engine apparently defunct. Preparing dough or beat eggs after 30 seconds the product stops, it makes a noise of the engine, but the bar does not move at all. Also note that I received the replacement product from Newpan, with noisy engine beyond a reasonable level. View of the experience I have with the Newpan customer service, I do not think even contact with my case with them, but your company is with an international reputation of leading product (this is the reason that I bought your product, because your great name). I expect compensation and an entirely new product or refund ($400). Waiting for your solution of this big problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2013

Year ago, KitchenAid stopped making cast aluminum accessories for their mixers which were virtually indestructible and started to produce plastic parts which crack without even using them. I took this up with the company who refused to acknowledge what they knew to be defective. They claimed they never had a problem with the parts. They replaced my cracked vegetable shredder/slicer with a new one but that cracked as well. I also have a meat grinder attachment that cracked as well. The accessories all crack in the same places and the company knows this. When I get a new digital camera, I will show all of the cracked accessories.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2013

I bought my ProLine 600 Kitchen Aid mixer July 19, 2011. It arrived July 22, 2011. I used it the first time on July 23, 2011. Then my father passed and we spent the next year on the go. The mixer was seldom used and mostly when we had company. I am older and owned a Kitchen Aid mixer for 19 years. Loved it! It was a work horse that I totally abused. It's still working. Our daughter has it. Because of this past with a Kitchen Aid mixer, I too fell victim and did not check reviews. I thought it was a wonderful product. WRONG!

Times change. With very gentle use, my ProLine 600's gears trashed out at 2 years and 5 days! Absurd for what I paid for it! I called Kitchen Aid. Yup. For a "very special rate of just $35.00," they would send me a box to ship it to Ohio so they can tell me how much it will cost to fix it. So is this a racket or what? Sell you a mixer that they know will break after warranty goes off. After spending that much on a mixer, you will give them more money to repair it, right? I agree with the grandmother with a similar experience to me. Wrong answer! We will never buy another Kitchen Aid appliance! And I will gladly pass this lousy expensive experience along with this site on to others in hopes of saving somebody else the headaches and $$$$!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2013

Model K45SS Food Mixer Accessory Attachment - Food Grinder defect: The food grinder, white plastic housing assembly, is cracking. It is cracking around where the aluminum power drive connection stub and auger bearing sub-assembly were molded into the plastic housing assembly originally when it was manufactured. Multiple deep longitudinal cracks can be seen. This is after about 5 years of mostly sitting on the shelf unused. The grinding unit may have been used 2 or 3 times at most and should never have cracked in this manner. Older styles of hand and motor-driven metal grinders last 100 years plus and can be found in flea markets across America, but this composite piece of junk is self-destructing (like a mission impossible tape) while sitting on the shelf.

This is a perfect textbook example of poor part design, engineering and quality control. KitchenAid/Whirlpool will only sell me another replacement grinder white plastic housing assembly because it is out of warranty. And get this - they will only warranty the replacement part if I buy one for 90 days. I told them no thank you. I'll box up and sell the whole mess to someone I don't like and buy a replacement machine and all the attachments from a reputable brand. Some manufacturers still stand behind their products. My money will go to them and never again, not one dime, to KitchenAid/Whirlpool!

If more consumers in America still reacted in this way, that is they voted with their dollars, to force lousy products out of the marketplace, it would be better for all of us. I've read these product reviews written by others. I have to say to KitchenAid/Whirlpool - I am disgusted with your business ethics.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2013

First, let me say that I bought a KitchenAid stand mixer almost 40 years ago. It's still working but starting to look beat up, so I purchased a new Artisan in a butter yellow color that looks really nice. But it has consistently started falling apart. First, the head comes loose quite often, and the pin starts moving out in spite of going underneath and tightening the screw. Then the head release lever gets stuck and is almost impossible to move. Yesterday, the black head on the speed lever broke off, split right in two. Today, the black head on the lever release broke off. In frustration, I have sent it to the garage closet and brought my old KitchenAid back in. Very poor quality in the newer models as far as I'm concerned.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2012

I bought this product in October of 2012 as a gift to my aunt. What a deception we had on Christmas eve. My aunt rarely uses the machine. Being at her home on Christmas eve, I wanted to puree her soup. So having filled up the machine to half (I have a Braun purchased 13 years ago and it's working like new), I started the machine. What happened on Christmas eve? Oops, no longer working? After not even 10 uses. Is this why this particular product purchased at Zellers cost over $115.00? At $10.00 a use, quite expensive don't you think? I have tried calling your complaints dept, but as I wished to get an email address, my complaint was refused. All I know is the man I spoke to was Koujo and his boss is Tim **, but I cannot get an email address. Is this for real? Can someone get back to me as I am very disappointed, seeing that I bought her this gift on her birthday last year.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2012

Speed problems with KitchenAid KV25GOXWW - We bought a KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus mixer from QVC to replace our old KitchenAid mixer from the 1950s. We didn't use it for a few months but it never worked properly. Sometimes, it wouldn't start at all. Other times, it would work fine until we made mashed potatoes and it appears that the steam from the potatoes caused the machine to stop dead. It wouldn't start for another half hour or so but would stop again when we mixed something warm. When I talked with KitchenAid customer service, they told me that the warranty had started when QVC bought the mixer, not when I bought it, so our mixer was out of warranty. But I could hand-deliver it to their service center, 110 miles away, and they could fix it for a charge.

I went to the KitchenAid site, bought a new speed control card, installed it, and put everything back together. Now, when I moved the speed control to any notch, it starts up at the proper speed and immediately kicks into top speed and suddenly stops. I can slide the control to off, start over, and it will do the same thing all over again. We can't use the machine for potatoes or anything else. I'm just about as fed up with KitchenAid as I have become with Maytag. What has happened to the U.S. prestige brand names that once could be trusted? Buy American? Not KitchenAid or Maytag.

Original review: July 11, 2012

I bought a KitchenAid hand mixer directly from them when I called to complain about my stand mixer leaking oil (I should have known better than to buy another mixer from them). I don't remember how long ago it was, but probably 1 1/2 years ago. The other day, with a house full of company, I was mixing some batter and one of the beaters broke in half! The shaft was still in the mixer, but the beater part fell into my batter. I wrote to them thinking they would stand behind their made in China product and send me a new beater, but no deal. They want me to buy new beaters since it's past the 1 year warranty and spend another $16 on junk from KitchenAid.

Original review: July 5, 2012

I am very disappointed in your stand mixer. My husband and I received the mixer as a wedding present. We recently took it out of the box, unwrapped it and put it on our counter. To my surprise, the mixer doesn't work. When I called the customer service department, I was told the warranty had expired and there is nothing that can be done. I can take the mixer to an independent shop approved by KitchenAid to be fixed. I am very shocked that the warranty was only a year long and since it expired, that nothing can be done. In my eyes, this is a lemon mixer and KitchenAid should be ashamed to do nothing! What happened to the high-end products? We even bought a KitchenAid oven (now looking back, what a mistake!). Moving forward, there won't be other KitchenAid products. I am very concerned about KitchenAid's company policies and the products they sell!

Original review: June 4, 2012

My 14-year-old KitchenAid Classic tilt-head mixer's motor blew. I researched online and found that some previous year's models were made with plastic gears, but the issue had been resolved. I decided to purchase another KitchenAid classic mixer. Two weeks later, while I was creaming room temperature butter with sugar, the gears broke. I promptly returned the mixer for a full refund. Obviously, KitchenAid has not changed the gears. They are either made of cheap metal or still made of plastic. KitchenAid used to be a brand that could be relied upon. For $250.00, a mixer should last longer than 2 weeks!

Original review: June 3, 2012

I purchased a KitchenAid mixer model # KSM6573CER1 from the Albany, Oregon Costco store on 04/18/12. At home while reviewing the mixer’s labels, I found that the mixer was rated at 350 watts and not at 746 watts or 1 hp as advertised in the store, on your mixer’s box, on Costco’s on-line site or in Costco coupon book. I then contacted KitchenAid at 1-800-541-6390 and was told that 350 watts equal 747 watts or 1 hp as they use a DC motor. I was then told to first contact Costco with this problem then KitchenAid.

The next day, I returned to the Albany store, where I purchased the mixer and I checked the display model. It was rated at 500 watts. I then contacted the store’s customer service represented. **, acting service manager, said he would follow up and get back with me on the discrepancy in the mixer’s hp rating of 350 watts and not 746 watts. ** later said on the phone that "he is contacting people about the discrepancy in horse power rating and will follow up". Soon after that, I received a phone call from Heidi of Whirlpool International (WI). Heidi said that 350 watts is equal to 747 watts or 1 hp as it is a DC motor.

As a retired engineer, I then explained to her that a motor rated in DC or AC watts will both consume the same amount of power. In this case, the mixer’s label of 350 watts AC does not equal 746 watts or 1 hp whether the motor is AC or DC. Heidi then said that the display models were special model with a higher rating of 500 watts then the sale model, as I had noticed in the store also. She then said that a WI engineer would call me and explain how 350 watts equals 746 watts. I am still waiting for the call from a WI or Costco engineer with an explanation or the replacement full power mixer of at least 746 watts or 1 hp.

I have checked in other Costco stores (Salem and Eugene, OR) and the boxes say 1 hp but the mixers are 500 or 350 watts not 746 watts. I have received a second contact from KitchenAid and they maintain that 350 watts is the same as 746 watts because their mixer's control system makes the difference. This is fuzzy logic, misleading and not true.

After waiting 3 weeks for resolution to a simple problem “the wrong mixer put in a 1 hp box and sold in different 3 stores”, I have filed a complaint with Oregon’s Consumer Protection. In this situation, I am expecting a replacement 1 hp KitchenAid mixer as advertised and outlined in WI’s “mission statement and code of ethics”.

Original review: April 13, 2012

I called KitchenAid on my hand mixer, which just quit working. Although it is an older model and out of warranty, it has been used at the most, 15 times. I still have the box. My mother had a mixer 10-15 years older than mine and it still worked. I couldn't understand why this product, barely used, just up and quit. I called the customer service 800 number and got transferred to the small appliance center. I was hopeful that someone there would offer me something such as replacement info, discount on the next mixer, etc. The first person that I spoke to offered no help or compensation. Other than go spend $40-$100 on a new one because your product is out of warranty, which by the way is only one year.

Upset, I told her this was ridiculous. She then told me it's like a car warranty. Really? Car warranties last 4-6 years, your lousy product only has one. I then asked for her supervisor. She transferred me to a guy, who said his name is Larry. Larry's customer service skills are horrible. He was condescending, talked over me numerous times, arrogant and even started yelling at me! This is the type of supervisors they employ. Not once did he offer me some type of compensation. When I asked him for his manager, he refused and told me to write a letter.

No email, no phone number, no names = no response from the higher ups because they don't care! I then called the corporate office (they do have a complaint office there, Larry by the way). I spoke to a Jacqueline who offered me an apology and 10% off my next mixer. Gee, she said that she would forward my issue to the executive team who reviews complaints. I know I won't hear back on my poor experience. No more KitchenAid or Whirlpool for me.

Original review: April 12, 2012

My KitchenAid mixer is 3 years old, when it started to leak black grease from the area above where the beaters attach. Please note that I have only used this mixer minimally due to lack of time to bake. When I got it out to use it to make meringue for a recipe, it started leaking black grease. While doing some research I have discovered this is a common problem with the newer models. It will take around $100.00 to ship it to the company, have it diagnosed, fixed, and returned. Considering I have saved for years to buy my mixer and purchased it based on my dear friend's suggestion (She is a daily bread baker, and their 20-year-old mixer is still working and never has needed any maintenance), I am very disappointed. I have made only about 4 small loaves of bread in this mixer and a couple of cakes, and it is already not working.

I hope this saves someone else the grief of buying a mixer for $499.00 that does not perform. It is sad that this company does not live up to its name. With 13 grandchildren who will be setting up households, I will not be recommending KitchenAid brands to them. I'm very dissatisfied.

Original review: April 3, 2012

On December 26, 2008, I purchased a KitchenAid KP26MIXNP 600 Series 6 qt. stand mixer. When it arrived, it did not work and I sent it back for a replacement. I have had my new one for 3 years and I honestly have only used it 6 times or less. As a senior citizen, I don't do much baking, except for holidays. On Sunday, I went to use my mixer and it started making a loud noise and completely stopped. I have contacted KitchenAid, to no avail. I was told I could send it back to them to be repaired, but all costs would be up to me to pay. I called a local service center and was told it would cost $99.00 plus parts to repair. Another email from KitchenAid also sent a site to buy another one while they were on sale. Come on, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. I was under the impression that their products were not only expensive, but had good quality merchandise. This is not the case as far as my mixer goes. I believe KitchenAid is more concerned with the appearance of the new mixers than they do with the mechanics of them. Plus, they have zero customer satisfaction.

Original review: March 30, 2012

Quality of mixer not what it used to be: I inherited my mother's KitchenAid that she had for 20+ years. I loved it and used it often for everything from whipping cream to wheat bread. It finally gave out last year, so I purchased a new 4.5 quart mixer (same exact one my mother had). I was disappointed that the attachments that came with it were not coated, but I had kept the old attachments. I was making bread sticks with less than 4 cups of flour, and the motor gave out. I had only owned it for a few months, so KitchenAid replaced it; and I was happy.

I mostly make cookie dough in it, until recently, I have gotten back on a bread-making kick. I made a batch a few days ago, and the machine seemed to be struggling. I made two batches today in two separate bowls. The first batch really struggled, and by the time I got to the second batch, the motor quit. I let it rest, and it turns on but has a very loud clicking noise.

Customer service told me that although the manual says do not use recipes containing more than 8 cups all-purpose flour, what it really means is do not use more than 8 cups total ingredients. So it's my fault for not interpreting right? I was told the warranty is only for the first year, so I would need to pay $32 in shipping costs then another $25 to have the problem diagnosed and then pay whatever the repair cost would be. So I am looking at spending around $100, which is half of what I paid for it originally!

The brand KitchenAid is not even close to the quality it was, when my mother bought her machine. They have cheapened the parts, and I will never buy this brand again. I never checked reviews because of the old machine I previously had. What a mistake. Check reviews! There are so many negative and upset customers having my exact experience. Hopefully, this review may spare someone else.

Original review: March 26, 2012

I bought a KitchenAid mixer and never removed it from the packaging until almost a year later. We bought a new house and waited until we were moved in before we unpacked the mixer. I have only used the mixer twice and now it does not work. This mixer was over $300.00. There is no service department where I live and Sears and KitchenAid will not do anything for me. I will never buy another KitchenAid product. It is expensive junk. I have a hand mixer that I paid $20.00 for over 21 years ago and it still works. It is a Black & Decker product.

Original review: March 2, 2012

A couple of years ago I bought a new KitchenAid commercial mixer as I needed a larger bowl and gave my wonderful old KitchenAid to our daughter. I have had a few problems with the newer one but the most frustrating one is that it changes speeds on its own and also stops on its own. Have others had the same problem and was it able to be fixed? I can't afford another new mixer at this time and am really ticked off--just try to do a soufflé!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2012

I purchased a new Majestic yellow mixer to replace my existing white one that I've had for eight years. Imagine my surprise and utter disappointment to see that the beater, whip, and dough hook were cheaply made of metal! They were lighter in weight than my existing ones. Were it not for the fact that the new ones are metal and my old ones are white coated enamel, I would have kept them.

Kitchenaid used to be a top brand until all parts are manufactured in China. It's too bad. I won't be purchasing any more of this brand in the future.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2012

I got the mixer on holiday time 2009. I used it very little but enjoyed when I used it so I bought a second one for a friend's birthday gift. I just went to use it and found that the plastic handle/knob on the speed level is broken. I called kitchenAid and was told that it is no longer under warranty so the shipping and repair costs are my problem. I am very disappointed and will not buy another one or recommend this item even though it mixes well and looks very pretty sitting on my counter top. Such an expensive item should not have such cheap plastic handles. I hope this does not happen to the one I presented as a gift for a friend's 50th birthday!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2012

Back in the mid 90's, I purchased a beautiful Cobalt Blue higher end motor Kitchenaid mixer... it lasted for years, although the paddle attachment did have some of the coating flake off, I only desired an upgrade because the bowl was smaller than what I wanted - 8 cups. So my husband surprised me 4 years ago with a professional 600 Kitchenaid and I have used it maybe 3 dozen times in those 4 years. I have been a full time nursing student and then employee during these 4 years, so I haven't had the opportunity to cook as much as I did before with my previous kitchen aid mixer. I gave my beautiful older model to a neighbor who knew what a wonderful addition it would be to her kitchen. Yesterday, when mixing my chocolate chip cookie dough, the gears stripped before my eyes as I added 1 cup of chocolate chips to the batter. I believe Kitchenaid has built these mixers with really strong motors, and inferior gears. I bet, if I were a betting woman, that the gears in my old kitchenaid are of a higher quality material. I never once had any issue with the gears on my older one - and after so little use, my new one is literally stripped? Insane, rip off!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2012

I purchased a KitchenAid artisan mixer about a year and a half ago and have used it for light baking no more than a dozen times. While it was always noisy and had a tendency to vibrate itself across the counter, it had recently started to make a loud gear-grinding sound when I turned it off. During the last two demonstrations of this, a spark flew out of the motor area and the mixer blew the kitchen circuit. I called 800-541-6390, the KitchenAid service number, and was told that because the one-year warranty has expired, it would cost $32 for shipping, $25 to diagnose the problem, and then of course additional costs for parts and repair.

This machine is clearly faulty, defectively manufactured, or it wouldn't have the issues it has, given its light usage and good care. Nothing I have done has caused its internal problems. Yet the company absolves itself of all responsibility. So much for customer satisfaction. So much for standing behind one's product. What's really galling is that this is a highly rated, expensive kitchen appliance. And now I have to pay for its repair--to right its original manufacturing defects. I have no intention of sending the mixer back to them for repair and will hopefully find someone to fix it locally. In short, I expected better performance from a KitchenAid product and a better response from the company.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2012

I came on this site to see how best to settle my blade issue, in that the "coating" is coming off into my food. I initially had a white coated blade that really came off and I contacted KitchenAid and they said it was "normal", but to try the other non-coated one. That coating is now coming off into my food, and frosting that should be white turn a gray color! Really appetizing! So, I will need to purchase another one or maybe purchase another mixer altogether, seeing how customers have been treated leaves a really bad taste in your mouth!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2012

Absolute -0 rating! I'm on my 4th KitchenAid 4.5-Quart (4.3L) Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, and I am far from happy! My first experience, the motor was smelling and giving out too easily with such little use, and therefore, I returned it! My second experience, I purchased the exact same mixer (same model and serial number), and this one, the head tilt would be in the lock position and it still became able to unlock. I exchanged my second one for the third one which, was falling apart literally on the head tilt at the seams. This obviously does not look good at all to family and friends that we have in and doesn't make me happy, especially being a loyal KitchenAid consumer in my past.

Obviously, at this time, I am now getting technically so "annoyed" with this company that I finally called the 1 800 number and spoke to a KitchenAid rep who asked me to fax in all of my info to KitchenAid in regards to my mixer. I did this the same day. I still have my fax (Evidence) and obviously my reciepts! This rep from KitchenAid told me to track with Puralator the PIN and call when I see that Kitchen Aid had indeed recieved it.

On my fax, I asked if KitchenAid could (please) confirm once they received my fax by calling my landline or faxing my same phone number. I waited all that day, and there was no response from KitchenAid with acknowledging that they did indeed recieve my fax. Now, I am not even comfortable whether KitchenAid (actually) received my fax or not. Obviously, this slows down the whole process altogether!

The next day, I called the 1 800 number again and had the nastiest rep for KitchenAid in my experience. He was not helpful whatsoever and actually hung up on me. Well now, I'm more than disgusted with this rotten customer service, and this puts the icing on the cake, so to speak! I had to call back yet again to KitchenAid and speak now with one of the supervisors!

I finally was made aware that the fax was received. Finally, I got an answer in regards to my fax. My ((NEW)) KitchenAid finally comes to my place today. My husband and my self took pictures of the hole in the box which the (Same Day) guy said was not a big deal. Well, well, when my husband and my self took the so-called new KitchenAid Classic Mixer out of the box today, it was even worse than the mixer I sent back to Kitchen Aid itself. It's the exact same (issue) that I just had back on the 10th day of January 2012.

This mixer is falling apart at the seams in the exact same spot as the previous one I just sent back to KitchenAid itself! What truly has me disgusted on top of all of this is the fact that I asked the first rep from KitchenAid if there was a possibility that a person from the "Assembly Line" could have a good thorough look at my mixer before it comes back to me!?

This rep told me that this was not going to happen, considering that if someone had to go "directly" into my KitchenAid box before sending it, that (KitchenAid) would classify my mixer as actually tampered with. Therefore, she stated, that the mixer came right off the assembly line, and no human being will be able to literally touch my mixer and it would be shipped directly to me instead.

Well again, once we (my husband and my self) opened my KitchenAid mixer this morning, we took pictures of the actual "fingerprints" all over my mixer. How is this possible that there's not supposed to be fingerprints all over my mixer stainless steel bowl, when in fact, this rep told me that no human being could touch my mixer.

My husband and my self we're very careful and added no fingerprints to this bowl. I feel more devalued as a Consumer, and I literally have in my possession today, in my opinion, the exact same mixer as what I sent off to KitchenAid just on the 11th day of January 2012. I am still "stuck" with a mixer that I am not at all happy with!!

From having a mixer that the motor was garbage to another mixer of the head tilt not locking in its position then tobanother mixer which was falling apart and now still have in my possession and that is literally still falling apart again today, would you honestly think I am a happy consumer? Not so much! All I ever wanted in the beginning was a brand-new KitchenAid Mixer and one that I could actually be happy about and show off to my friends and family in my home!

It's not very much to ask for, especially when I am paying the money for it! If you're a consumer looking for a bad motor in an appliance, a locked position which does not work, or even an appliance that is falling apart literally, then you've come to the right place!

No compensation has been shown to me for my "4" truly bad experiences whatsoever! I'm truly disgusted. Thats one guarantee! The brand name (KitchenAid) today does not make me feel safe and/or comfortable any longer! How sad is that! A consumer pays good money for a so-called good brand and has what to show for it, I ask!? You tell me! I am (indeed) yes, looking for an excellent KitchenAid Mixer, and I know I should be compensated for all of the ** I had endured in this lengthy process of truly (bad) experiences with KitchenAid.

I would very much appreciate hearing back from an attorney! Thank you very much! I have tried 4 times to have faith in this company. Obviously, this is getting me nowhere!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2012

It's terrible; it has never operated. Plug it in and no electricity registers. I turned it on exactly twice to see the the red indicator light come on. I contacted customer service and received discourteous rep and was given a bogus fax number to send in info they requested. We have had this unit just under 1 year and it has never worked at all.

I am going to trash this piece of ** and we will never purchase another KitchenAid product again. We do have a large KitchenAid Mixmaster that is 30 years old, however, that was Made in the USA not China. Therein lies the major problem with all "American" Manufacturers and their products today, simply put, they are not American anymore, they are Chinese. We as a people have been fired and they, our Industry Leaders along with a willing Congress have been ** us for the past 40 years. Remember Ross Perot in 1990 "that sucking sound you will hear is your jobs leaving the country".

Original review: Jan. 16, 2012

I purchased a new Artisan stand mixer and on its first use, a bad burning electrical smell came from the unit. The manual said this was normal, so I didn't worry about it. Also, the mixer squealed like crazy. The second time I used it, the mixer not only smelled bad, but got really hot. I checked the manual and (believe it or not) that is also supposed to be normal. The third time I used the mixer, smoke began to pour out the back, so I quickly put it outside to cool off, almost burning my arms on the very hot motor housing. This should not be rocket science for KitchenAid to get right. My next step will be to get a refund and do a little more research on my next mixer purchase.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2012

Based on the literally hundreds of negative comments on Amazon and other forums regarding your KitchenAid "professional" 600 model stand mixer and the lack of ability to mix 8 cups or less of flour into bread without breaking the motor or stripping the gears, it is obvious that the "kevlar" housing in pre 2007 models was a design flaw doomed to fail.

So many people invested a substantial sum in this "professional" 600 unit with the intention of using it for many years, as was the expectation and actual case with older KitchenAid models. They even intended to invest in all the add-on components that go along with the base unit. I have a "professional" 600 stand mixer purchased in 2006 and used on average twice a month which has now broken while mixing less than 8 cups of flour. I believe that this was caused by a design flaw that your company is aware of.

As an industry leader, you should do the responsible thing and repair or replace these defective units instead of having your customer service reps pretend that this is not an issue and offer as the only solution that your "valued" customers spend more money to repair a defective unit with more "kevlar" defective parts. In the long run this policy will backfire on your company because you are losing the trust and positive recommendations of many customers. I for one do not think I will ever purchase another KitchenAid or Whirlpool product based on my experience with this and could not in good conscience recommend your products to others. Future KitchenAid "professional" 600 purchasers be aware that this is not a unit that will function as advertised!

KitchenAid Mixers Company Information