Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid Mixers Reviews

Original review: March 24, 2017

I received a Pro600 Design Series mixer with glass bowl for Christmas two Christmases ago - I will say it looks absolutely beautiful sitting on the counter! HOWEVER, the amount of time I spend constantly scraping down the sides of the bowl is ridiculous! Not one beater/whisk/bread hook reaches the bottom of the bowl and I end up hand mixing at the end just to get all the ingredients incorporated! In addition, the bowl is so unwieldy that you can hardly pick it up to empty the contents! And to add another bowl to my inventory is ridiculously expensive! Totally unsatisfied and I cannot say how much I really HATE this mixer - would never recommend it to anyone!

Original review: March 18, 2017

I gave away my Sunbeam Mixmaster that I used for 20 years (still working) to buy a KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer. The first mixer didn't work at all right out of the box and had to be returned to the store. The second mixer has lasted less than 2 years. The motor seized up completely while performing a relatively

light duty task. I would have to pack it up and pay to send it away to be repaired, an expensive proposition considering how heavy it is. I decided to purchase another Mixmaster instead. A quarter of the price and a better bet in my book.

Original review: March 14, 2017

After reading & watching so many online reviews all over the web about the KA mixers, I'm simply shocked reading this site that was sent to me. We are buying a second KA for the vacation home & everywhere else KA is sold it's great reviews and they don't match this website at all? Lol. I gotta say after reading most all of these reviews on this site on mixers it seems many may be operator error caused by people buying the wrong machine to start with for the task at hand but most definitely many are likely union issues at Whirlpool / KA here too?

I'll give it a benefit of doubt I guess as several here are for 250-325 watt mixers failing to do breads and that is expected. If you're doing breads quite often It should be with their larger 500-600 watt units for sure. Even though the Classic & Artisan can be used for this job KA specifies this to be "occasionally" not routinely on them so simply knowing the units limits will keep it lasting decades. We have had the Artisan a long while now without any problems whatsoever, we also have a KA toaster & a refrigerator that all work perfectly. My fridge is 7-8 years old now, never a problem one.

Now fwiw I worked at Whirlpool for many years, union man born & raised so I'm no hater. But unions used to be able to simply strike without job loss until Reagan got in, after he got in our unions have been forced to do in house strikes to settle contract disputes. Production ran very slow, lines stopped quite often, production problems were on every line as parts ran out & every excuse heard of is used against unions & the company to lever towards better contracts. Sadly that is all that matters at times, customers are forgotten by many but in most cases believe it or not few bad parts ever leave the buildings. They just pile up at the end of assembly lines for repair.

Quality control is good at their jobs & catch almost everything but sometimes the parts do get out. The end result sometimes is bad even if everyone gets what they want. There are lousy & less products sold, job losses and bad reviews written by union members get left on the net even though they know the products they make themselves are outstanding. It can get really bad for all sides is really what happens and most times one bad thing even starts miles of lawsuits from every direction thinkable right in the midst of it all and all heck starts. To see how bad some unions really can get at times type the below phrase into Google without the parentheses then start clicking and reading the links that pull up --- (Toyota Take Down Firestone Revisited).

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

I don't usually take the time to review products but my experience was so unpleasant that I felt I need to document it. I purchased a KitchenAid mixer (Artisan) because they offered a $50 rebate. Some weeks after I submitted all the paperwork to the rebate dept they sent a postcard saying that I had sent the wrong version of the serial number and code. I had sent one that was on a sticker on the product and they wanted the one cut out from the box, which by the time they wrote to me was thrown away.

Despite it giving the same information and it being clear from all my other documentation that I had purchased their product, they said the instructions had a picture of a scissors and said the word "packaging" so they would not accept the sticker version and denied me the rebate. They also said that in order for me to have the warranty on the product I needed the serial number sticker which they now had (they asked for all originals no copies). When I asked for it back in order to be able to use my warranty they refused and said it was now their property. So not only did they find a nonsense way to avoid honoring my rebate but they actually have made it impossible for me to utilize the warranty on the product. It goes beyond petty and dishonest. The rep was just plain aggressive and hostile.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I know folks have had horrid experiences with the mixer and customer service but I have had an incredible one myself so I want to let everyone know. I purchased Model KSM150PSCU stand mixer from Crate and Barrel in Boston. A couple of months into use the bowl would come loose if the dough was slightly stiff while the machine was in use. This was a huge issue and I called KitchenAid Customer Service. They sent me a brand new bowl and paid for shipping. The lady who helped me was most gracious and nice and apologized. The new bowl came, I put it in and everything worked well for some time (4 months) and yes... you guessed it. The bowl came loose yet again. This happened right after my warranty expired.

So here I am again with customer service. I talked with yet another nice lady. I explained to her the whole history and how disappointed I was that I was having the same problem again. I asked her if they would send me a new clamp assemble at the base of the stand as I suspected that may have been defective. The customer service lady said "I am so sorry you had so much trouble with your stand mixer. Can you wait for a few minutes and I will find a solution that will make you happy." Less than 2 minutes later she came back and said they are shipping a brand new stand mixer to me with all the accessories etc. 1 week later I got a brand new mixer at the apartment. They also sent me a return label postage prepaid and I simply placed the old mixer in the box and sent it back. How can I possibly not be happy! KitchenAid is a great company. I am very happy to write this review. At the end despite all my problems they took care of me. Thank You!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Resolution response: May 14, 2018

Shortly after I submitted my review, KitchenAid contacted me and offered a refurbished model exactly like what I had with a 6-month warranty in trade for the defective mixer. I took their offer, and have been very happy with the replacement. So thanks to KitchenAid for making things right, and thanks to Consumer Affairs for providing a sound board to air my concerns.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

In January of 2014 I purchased a KitchenAid Professional 600 Series mixer (Model No. KP26M1XBU5) for Christmas so she could make bread. Before she got a chance to use it, she was hit with a variety of medical crises. She said she would just continue to use her old mixer (which was smaller than the new one) until it broken. It finally broke last month, and on Christmas Day she took the new one out of the box to use it. After wiping the mixer down, she attempted to use the bowl lift and it broke the first time. While talking to customer service, she turned the mixer over to get the model and serial number and a metal part fell out the bottom which after doing research online we determined to be the bowl lift arm.

What it appears to have happened is the clip that holds the bowl lift rod in place with the bowl lift arm was not included, so when she attempted to use the bowl lift for the first time the rod slipped out. She called customer service back, thinking that they would fix the problem since the product was obviously defective. Instead, they "graciously" offered to sell her a refurbished model at 25% off. The mixer we have is BRAND NEW even though it has been in the box for three years, yet because it is out of warranty they believe they have no obligation to stand behind their product. To say that I am underwhelmed with KitchenAid customer service is a colossal understatement.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I purchased a KitchenAid stand mixer as a Christmas gift for my married daughter. I purchased it from Kohl's which was promoting the product heavily as a Christmas gift. I was planning on getting a $30 rebate. I had the receipt and form ready. However the rebate ended on 12/27. The gift hadn't even been opened yet. When I called the rebate center to ask about an extension they were rude and said no exceptions. I said so my only choice was to give a gift with the box cut apart to get the required UPC code. They said yes. I said that would be tacky. They said if I wanted the $30 rebate I had no choice. I also said the company strongly promoted their products as Christmas gifts yet the deadline was only two days later. Rebates being offered currently go from early December to the end of January. I would not recommend this company solely based on poor customer service over the phone.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

For years I wanted to get my wife a KitchenAid mixer. After shopping for a good deal I finally purchased for Christmas 2014. Here we are, December 2016 and the beautiful red Artisan mixer is essentially a high priced boat anchor. Gears are thrashed & this machine has been used probably 30 times total. Called KitchenAid customer service, oh my, what a joke, they pretty much know that their product is inferior and then want you to spend $95.00 getting it back to them and have them evaluate the problem. The repair bill is estimated to be up to $250 and then we would have another 18 month machine. No thank you.

GOOD NEWS... We purchased a Kenmore Elite mixer on sale for $175.00, it comes with a 3 year warranty, more powerful motor, and ALL OF THE KITCHENAID ATTACHMENTS FIT RIGHT ON TO THE ATTACHMENT HUB on the Kenmore Elite. I hope my comments help someone make the decision to not purchase the very inferior KitchenAid mixer, the company is not the same as the original, wonderful mixer that lasted decades (HOBART). The brand was purchased by Whirlpool and has since become JUNK.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

What if you're like me and you only wanted the mixer for bread making, and the hooks that come with it were not the ones that are suppose to come with it? I called customer service and she confirmed that they were the wrong dough hooks. So I asked if I could send them back, "No, but you can order new ones." "Okay how much is that going to be?" "14.95 each" I'm not spending $30 dollars plus shipping, for their mistake. I'll just keep mixing by hand thank you. To be fair, the lady I talked to was nice, she was just doing her job.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I had wanted a KitchenAid stand mixer for many years but just didn't want to spend the high dollar for it. Eventually I found a great deal and bought one. So happy with the color I chose and so excited to have it. UNTIL... after light use, a few cakes and a couple cookie batches, it started clunking and grease ran out of it. Then just stopped working altogether. Never again KitchenAid! These mixers are now a huge ripoff!

KitchenAid Mixers Company Information