2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.64/5

KitchenAid mixers are available in more than 40 colors. Select from tilt-head, mini-stand mixer and bowl-lift models or customize your own. The mixers have a capacity of up to 7 quarts. Attachments are also available to grind, peel and make pasta or ice cream. Find KitchenAid mixers online or at retailers across the United States.

KitchenAid Mixers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Mixers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Mixers?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I had a shocking and dangerous incident with my 3 year old Artisan Stand Mixer. Whilst mixing softened butter with caster sugar attachment hub cover flew off into the mixing bowl. It then shot out at a high velocity and hit a window a meter away and then ricocheted across a window sill onto the floor. Thank God the hub cover did not go in a different direction and hit me or any of my family otherwise someone would have been seriously hurt and could easily have lost an eye, or worse.

The mixer blade was chipped in many places and the mixture had to be thrown away as there were lots of bits of plastic in it. I guess the attachment knob has worked loose but I have no extra attachments and have never had reason to unscrew the attachment knob. I am still feeling shocked at the force and speed of this accident. Kitchenaid insist that it is not possible for the screw to work loose and are ignoring my emails for action to be taken to prevent this happening again.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Horrible. Very bad. They hustled me. Took advantage of me. False customers service. I ordered a KitchenAid mixer. I never received it... I think they pocketed my money. I called, "Oh! The warehouse lost it. Oh! FedEx has no documents. Oh! We'll ship it out in January or February."

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I purchased two of the KitchenAid stand mixers, one for myself, and one as a gift. There was a rebate offer with the machines. I filled out the forms as required, supported with a copy of the purchase receipt showing 2 units were purchased, and sent the information off to Kitchenaid. Months later, I received one rebate. I contacted KitchenAid to inquire as to the status. The rebate was processed again in Oct. 2017, for one rebate unit, and I was told it would arrive in approximately 6 weeks. Nothing. When I inquired again, I was told it had been shipped - "this item was mailed on 11/3/2017"- it was not received.

I made contact again with KitchenAid and now they have responded with - "We have escalated this to see if we can get this item resent to you". I asked that they let me know when it is mailed this time. I have also asked for verification that the rebate was in fact mailed in November. There has not been any response to any of my latest inquiries. If a rebate is offered then it should be honored and the rebate sent promptly. I am very disappointed with the company and their customer relations.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I bought the mixer and juicer attachment online. I registered the products on their website. The juicer failed to work the 2nd time. I called KitchenAid. They told me to email the receipt to them. No reply. Called again and they told me they don't honor warranty if products were bought from 3rd party retailer. I went on to ask what is not 3rd party. The rep told me if you buy from KitchenAid directly or Target, it's good. Otherwise, it's not their business. I went on again and asked when should I register the product. The rep told me it doesn't matter if you register or not. They just would not do anything. The juicer attachment is just 2 months old and was used for 2 times.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I placed an order through their TV promotion and within minutes I was very uncomfortable with the purchase. The girl on the line basically knew nothing about the product (Artisan Mixer) or company. She kept placing me on hold and had to ask someone else the answers to my questions. I was never given a confirmation number or an account number or anything pertaining to my purchase. I spent the next 3 hours trying to cancel my purchase.

I was given numerous reasons why people could cancel it. 1 was because I didn't have an account number, the other was no one could locate it, after 3 people. Could not locate me I really became nervous. I tried several numbers to KitchenAid AKA Whirlpool and the one that most of them kept telling me was that because it was ordered through the television ad that "They" KitchenAid could not cancel it. I was on the phone literally for 3 hours. Not that anyone cares, but my mother just passed away and I am very ill and am not supposed to get stressed out. I have never been treated so poorly and rudely by a company in my life.

I finally contacted their corporate offices in Michigan and explained to the extremely grumpy woman at the switchboard for the umpteenth time not to transfer me to their rude customer service dept. She put me through to Anderson ** whom is part of the "Executive Staff". He actually acted like he cared, listened to me and said he would have it fixed for me by noon, gave me his number and said if he didn't call by then to call him. Of course he didn't so I called today and he called me back with not so great news, his words. He told me the same thing that the last three or 4 people had told me yesterday "I would have to accept the appliance and send it back." I got extremely mad and said, "No absolutely not." He then said the same thing. We have no way of stopping it because of the other company.

I then called another number and got the billing dept of what I thought was this "Other" company. She told me I couldn't cancel it. I asked if this was the TV company and found out it was actually KitchenAid’s billing. I asked why I couldn't stop the purchase and she didn't know. She would have to ask. She came back on and said, "It’s in the fine print in the contract." I said I was never told about it, nor did I agree or sign a contract. So it had nothing to do with the fact that it was bought through the TV like all those people said. I spent over 4 hours on the phone being lied to berated, mistreated, hung up on and transferred to wring departments. Never ever will I purchase a KitchenAid or Whirlpool product since Whirlpool owns KitchenAid.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

4 of these mixers (Kitchenaid Professional Series 600) in one year have died. Upon inspection it is the same exact gear damage in every single mixer that abruptly stops working. Do not buy this. Ever. Not even for home use.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I have a 4.5 qt. Stand mixer. I make bread, pizza dough, noodles, cookies etc. with my mixer. Because it has smaller motor I have to keep speed down but it has always been awesome! I sell KitchenAid mixers at work and I just want to say that if you have rebate issues with a brick and mortar store you should go into the store. We make it right for our customers! Another reason to shop at the store and not online!

Original review: April 30, 2017

We had a Professional 600 Pro Mixer for about 15 years. It worked great for a long time. It walked off the counter and broke. I bought a new one in January of 2016. The power switch would intermittently fail to turn on, so I sent it back for a new one. The new one only worked for about 1 year. The gear stripped and it would not mix. I sent that one back for a refurb. It lasted about 3 months and started making loud grinding noises. I sent it back for another refurb and it failed to turn on at all after one week. I will ask for a refund this time. If they don't give it to me, I will request a fifth unit. They have been standing behind their product and I haven't had to pay return shipping. But this is getting ridiculous.

Original review: April 24, 2017

KitchenAid countertop mixer is not great or long lasting. It began leaking oil, that would drip into food, sent it back for repairs that cost $126.80 and once again it is leaking oil, actually leaking more than before repairs. KitchenAid's response/instructions/options to me were the same as before. Only this time they say if oil drips into food it is not harmful. I have no intention of spending more money on this mixer or serving/eating food that oil has leaked into. My husband and I are no longer KitchenAid customers. We are former unhappy customers.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I received a Pro600 Design Series mixer with glass bowl for Christmas two Christmases ago - I will say it looks absolutely beautiful sitting on the counter! HOWEVER, the amount of time I spend constantly scraping down the sides of the bowl is ridiculous! Not one beater/whisk/bread hook reaches the bottom of the bowl and I end up hand mixing at the end just to get all the ingredients incorporated! In addition, the bowl is so unwieldy that you can hardly pick it up to empty the contents! And to add another bowl to my inventory is ridiculously expensive! Totally unsatisfied and I cannot say how much I really HATE this mixer - would never recommend it to anyone!

KitchenAid Mixers Company Information