Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About KitchenAid Icemaker

Kitchenaid icemakers are available in stainless steel, black, white and panel-ready designs to match existing appliances. An integrated filter removes contaminants from the water, and Clear Ice technology ensures ice is created with uniform results. KitchenAid icemakers are available for purchase online and at selected retail partners.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid Icemaker Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Icemaker?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Icemaker?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2015

Call Whirlpool to schedule service on ice maker machine. They contact Flamingo Appliance Service who came to see what was wrong. They charged $98 for the service call and gave a quote for additional $307.00 for a total charge of $405 which was paid when they change the parts that THEY DICTAMINATED WERE DAMAGED. The machine did not work one single day. Now they are claiming something else is wrong and want to charge again! It has never been fixed correctly from the beginning... Now what to do? Expected to pay an additional $450 charge that was wrongly diagnosed from start by the RECOMMENDED SERVICE COMPANY from Whirlpool?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2012

Ice Maker KUIC18PNTS - I have replaced the water inlet valve a year and a half after the purchase, then the drain valve assembly the following year, and now the thing is warm inside and the ice has melted away. I spoke to a consumer tech and she refuses to give to the next level to talk to about this. We went on for sometime, her refusing again and again. I finally lost my patience. I paid $2000 for your product, then about $50 more for the inlet valve, then about $400 more for the drain valve. Please stand behind your product and repair this for me at no cost to me.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2011

We just replaced our KitchenAid ice maker. We discovered that the teflon lining has been corroding. This means that we have been consuming this corrosion in our ice.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2011

On July 2006, after an extensive remodel, all KitchenAid Pro-Line (Meteorite) appliances went into use. We spent over $15,000 for the appliances. Since that time, all but the wine refrigerator and the ovens have worked properly. Our stand alone ice maker has had 3 pumps. And now the compressor was replaced (at a cost of over $600 total, and we have a water conditioning system). Now the dishwasher does not work at all. The built-in refrigerator has had costly issues. I cannot get any satisfaction with customer service, only lip service.

When you pay for a top of the line piece of equipment, you expect it to last more than 5 years! I am beyond frustrated. I want some level of concern on behalf of Whirlpool/KitchenAid, whose appliances I will never buy nor promote. I actually work for a gas utility. And I work closely with Custom Home Development. I want KitchenAid to take notice! I am a very unhappy consumer and I am sick of not being able to count on their appliances to work from day to day!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2011

I called to complain about the ice maker on this unit which has now failed four times. On the very first service call, the serviceman stated that KitchenAid knew about this defect and would stand behind its product. Now, almost $400 later, it has failed again. They only cover their parts, which are crap, for 90 days because that's about as long as they last. Then you have the labor on top of that to pay for.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2010

Never purchase KitchenAid appliances! We purchased the Architect series and have had nothing but trouble. The refrigerator had to be replaced within 6 months due to a crack in the liner. Within 2 years, the ice maker had to be replaced. The dishwasher door spring assembly had to be replaced. And finally, the microwave oven bracket (on the ceiling of the microwave) melted. To repair these items, $500+ with trip charge, labor, parts and not to mention, loss of income due to time off from work. So, it's totally not worth it! Next time, we'll head to Sears where the appliances are reasonably priced and will at least hold up more than 2 years. By the way, I contacted KitchenAid consumer line. They'll blow you off, too.

Original review: June 11, 2010

I have spoken to many more people and received many service calls--some good, some bad--but I am totally convinced there is a defect with this door icemaker. No matter how many times service people have been out, repaired and given instruction on operation, it always immediately return to not working. I purchased an extended 5-year warranty but it is very annoying to have to continue to call and go thru the process of explaining and have someone come out only to immediately not work. It’s been quite awhile since I have called but the very next day after the last service guy repaired it that it has not worked. Ice will dispense, freeze up and not come out thru the system provided.

Each time a service person come we get instructions on how to use the icemaker but it just never work. The main reason I selected this refrigerator was because of the icemaker/stainless steel feature. I am very unhappy and feel it is an overall problem with the model. The model number is kslg25stst01 and serial # is su5043954. Although I still have time left on my warranty, I am concerned this is just a defect in this particular model. I am a single retired female that cannot afford to repurchase another unit. This is frustrating and is not meeting the needs by which I purchased it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2010

We remodeled an outdated kitchen and bought all new appliances. I am an avid cook and wanted "durable" appliances. We purchased KitchenSid convection double oven, cooktop, side by side counter depth refrigerator, dishwasher all in stainless steal high end. We spent for the appliances. Within the first year, the door ice/water dispenser stopped working. We contacted Lowe's and KitchenAid with no result. Then the ice maker stopped completely. Then the dishwasher doesn't work.

This has happened over the last 2-6 years! I have never heard of appliances breaking to such a degree in such a short time! I would never buy another KitchenAid appliance. Lowe's has not been helpful or contacting company. To repair any of the appliances is so expensive you can replace the item with another brand that will work and last longer! We are very upset with the experience.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2004

My complaint about KA or Whirlpool is the CS - which is virtually nonexistent. I bought all KA appliances at this high end store and immediately two of them had trouble - the convection oven went out because poor design a thermostat was located too close too a heat source and would have to me moved in order to not shut off stove; the fridge ice maker quit after about a year. When I called, they were of no help whatsoever. Only after voluminous email about the stove did they respond which to me indicates that there is a rather big problem with the oven - what I'd like to find out with the fridge...

I called soon after I purchased at close to $3,000 and the CS rep was puzzled by the model # and each time afterward this happened. Only yesterday did I find on the website a model that looks exactly like mine but has an Energy Star yearly rate of $51.00 compared with (I had to pry from CS rep) 1000.9? or $86. per year. We all know that the cost comes to much more than this. My contention is that KA in a desire to rush out a model for the "flavor of the day" which around 2000 was to have an industrial look was the stainless steel professional kitchen look of the Architect series which mine was but failed to spend any time on the innards. The result is what I think is a huge number of unsatisfied, tricked customers who got much less than they paid for.

I would like to rally any who bought the Architect model KSCS25FJSS00 and have had difficulties with it - either with early breakage of parts or faulty operations. I wasn't surprised when I saw others at the site and all in CA where I am don't know if that has any relevance. Let's not let them get away with this. When I asked for the CEO's name and address yesterday, the CS rep said we don't have that info. Nor did she have info about whether my model had been discontinued when it only came out in 2000. That's BS.

Original review: March 9, 2004

There is a spark below the freezer door when using the ice maker. The icemaker and water dispenser can not be used and is deemed a hazard.

KitchenAid Icemaker Company Information