1.17/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

KitchenAid Blenders

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

11 KitchenAid Blenders Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

While just checking out blender products at Hudson Bay in Calgary, Canada, we looked at this attractive blender. The sales associate highly recommended this product for easy cleaning, etc. We took the bait and paid $150+. It worked well for a few months to make smoothies, puree, etc. Then it became very noisy and started to rattle. We found that the jar does not lock anymore. One has to hold the jar tight as it looks to come out of the base. It's such a problem that now we put it aside as the warranty period of 1 year passed by. What suggestion can one make to overcome this problem? Do we have to buy a new jar? That's not a solution!

Original review: April 25, 2014

I bought my KitchenAid blender (model #ksb5ssob4) thinking that it was the top of the line but I've had to buy the drive coupling (part #9704230) for it a few times. The part is made out of a material that is not compatible with the steel blender jar turn and it keeps chopping it up. Can someone give me a solution for my problem? Thanks so much.

Get expert buying tips about Blenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2012

I purchased a defective KitchenAid blender. By just plugging the chord the first time, it created a spark/flash. Bringing it to an electrician, he confirmed it was incorrectly assembled (metal case clinched the power chord resulting in short-circuit as soon as plugged in). So this was basically outright dangerous. So I contacted Whirlpool customer services who refused to investigate, blaming me for incorrect handling?! Not much use if I can't plug it in. They refused to exchange the product. Repeated letters have been sent but they have just been ignored. I have never experienced anything like this. Never ever a KitchenAid/Whirlpool product again.

Original review: March 12, 2012

I purchased a blender through QVC a few years ago based on the product being touted as durable and of superior quality. The blender jar broke in light usage (in a sink, not in a fall). Whirlpool (the manufacturer of KitchenAid) does not stock replacement jars and its other models don't fit. I paid a higher price for an inferior product. Also, more generally, I wonder whether brand name manufacturers use TV shopping channels to offload lines they are about to discontinue without warning consumers that the models will not be supported in the future. A blender without a jar is useless and the KitchenAid name apparently means nothing!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2011

I have a kitchen aid blender and they no longer make the jars that go with it. I felt that it is their responsibility to have the extra parts available. They don't. I suggested an exchange for one that has a jar. That I would pay for the Jar of the product. Seems that there is nothing they can do for me. I feel that Jar should be available since they are such a big company. He suggested me buying a refurbished blender. Why should I buy a refurbished blender? There is nothing wrong with my machine. Looks brand new. All I knew is a Jar and I feel that they have failed the customers. They will no work with me. He would not even give me a last name. Help.

I can't use my blender. Kitchen Aid has failed their customers. Why should I buy a complete new machine when all I need is a $22.00 Jar. Is this coincidence?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Blenders?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2011

I've owned a KitchenAid KSB5600B0 blender for about a year. The polycarbonate pitcher leaks at the bottom almost every time that we use it. I read on a consumer website that this is due to a design flaw in the bottom of the container that has been redesigned to eliminate the leakage. I contacted their customer service to try to get a redesigned pitcher that doesn't leak.

Shan ** in customer service denied that there had ever been a design flaw, and said that my only recourse was to buy a new pitcher for $49.99, which was more than half of the price of a new blender. I was willing to pay for a new pitcher, but not at such a ridiculous price that rewarded them with a huge profit for selling me a defective blender in the first place. She was totally unresponsive to my multiple email messages with a specific citation of the design problem. Terrible customer service.

Original review: May 24, 2011

I bought a KitchenAid blender because they advertise that it will crush ice, so I paid triple what I would pay for a normal blender. It not only won't chop ice, but the driving mechanism on the base is made out of a soft rubber and if run at any high speed, you get black rubber all over everything. Admittedly, I should have sent it back to them during the first year and I didn't. But I felt that that shouldn't matter because it was simply improperly designed and can't be used for the purpose it's intended for. KitchenAid said the best they can do is give me a 30 percent discount on another blender. I bought a KitchenAid so I'd never have to buy another blender. Now that I have to buy another one, you can bet it will never be a KitchenAid again.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2010

I purchased Proline Series Chefs Blender. Within a year, black dust appeared between the base and blender jar. I was told this is normal and would diminish with time. I continued to call every year with same issue and was given the same response. When the warranty period expired, I was not told that I should discontinue use immediately and take it to a repair shop. They, basically, defrauded me with refusing to pursue warranty service and when they felt they were no longer on the hook, they acknowledged that it is hazardous and I should discontinue use. This is a $250.00 blender!

Original review: July 15, 2008

My kitchenaid blender which I have had about 6 years but rarely used, model#KSB3WH3. THE RUBBER device on the top of the blender base (machine) totally failed on me while blending.

The blender was expensive and I wanted to purchase a blender which would last especially since use was at a minimum. Now I will have to find a replacement part, hopefully, or replace the blender.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2007

We bought a Kitchen Aid blender a couple of years ago (with a screw-on lid), model number ksb5wh. It is of good quality except for the rubber seal rings which prevent spillage when the blender is running. Those rings have broken, preventing us from using the blender without massive spillage. When we contacted the company they said they would not provide replacement rings for blenders and that we would have to purchase an entirely new model. We feel we have been cheated by the company into purchasing a new model because they refuse to provide simple repair parts to the one we already own.

KitchenAid Blenders expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

KitchenAid is a brand of home appliances. It was founded in 1919 and is best known for its stand mixers. KitchenAid is owned by Whirlpool Corporation and offers major appliances, countertop appliances, kitchenware and more. Its line of blenders are available for sale at many major retailers.

• Classic 5-Speed: This model has five speed settings and crush ice mode. It has a 56 ounce blending jar and is available in four colors. It retails for about $130.

• Magnetic Drive Torrent™: This new blender model features an innovative design. The blender slides into place much like the carafe of a coffee maker and is held in place with magnets as it blends. This blender has a 60 ounce pitcher and costs about $500.

• Pro Line® Series: This model is KitchenAid’s most powerful blender, with a 3.5 horsepower motor. It features 11 power settings as well as a pulse and rinse setting and sells for about $630.

• Diamond: The Diamond blender is smaller than the other models. It offers five speeds, a 0.9 horsepower motor and a 60 ounce blending jar. It comes in 16 colors and retails for about $160.

• Blender recipes: KitchenAid’s website offers many recipes to try in your new blender, many of which were created by leading chefs.

• Best for: people who plan to use their blender daily.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
      Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

KitchenAid Blenders Company Information