2. Homeowners
  3. Dishwashers

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.54/5

For decades, the KitchenAid brand has been synonymous with kitchen appliances. The dishwashers are known for several important features: high load capacity, robust wash systems and quiet cleaning. These convenient features and a reliable brand name often translate into high costs. While KitchenAid has dishwasher models in the top-of-the-line price range, several models are on the high end of average.

KitchenAid Dishwashers Learn More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Dishwashers?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

We built our house and moved in 2018. Two new dishwashers never worked. Both needed new motors. Outsourced to Mexico... took 3 weeks to be fixed. Now, 2 years later the motor in one of them went out again. We are buying a different brand now.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

We purchased our KitchenAid dishwasher three months ago. We have had at least two previous dishwashers which were fine. This model KDFE104HPS O leaves water on the dishes and the door. We had two repairmen look at it. The most recent said there seems to be no problem even though the dishes do not dry. He stated that 1) The stainless steel models seem to have that problem; 2) We need to get the water hot before starting the dishwasher so it does not lose the first cycle heating the water; 3) We should use a special rinse agent to aid the drying and 4) We should use the extra dry cycle. In addition, there is an odor that smells like a wet blanket and I think I have even smelled mold. I have owned five dishwashers over the years and have never had this problem. The solutions provided by the repairman actually will cost us more money to run the machine. The only good feature is how quiet it runs.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

KDTE204ESS - 24 inch dishwasher - Looks Nice but is trash. Bought in 2017 and ripping it out in 2020. Bad Soap dispenser in 2017 - serviced and replaced. Not cleaning dishes in 2017 - serviced and cleaned spinners not fixed. Had to rinse/clean dishes before running because they were always still dirty if we didn't from 2017 until now. Leaking on floor from broken sensor seal now in 2020. Was told by repairman that the pump doesn't turn the spinner cleaners because the pump is weak and has no pressure. So 700$ to fix the dishwasher and no guarantee that it will work any better with same crappy pump.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Bought a brand new Kitchenaid dishwasher from local Home Depot store. It was rated five out of five very expensive took the salesperson at Home Depot. After first wash realized not drying dishes and was leaking soap from bottom of door. Serviceman ordered four parts. A week later while we were waiting for part as we were using it stopped and showed two errors and water inside the unit. They said it was pump and part was not available though manufacturer. I requested from Kitchenaid for replacement. They said the warranty is only good for repair not replacing it. So now after eight weeks w/o dishwasher we have to wait for another three to four.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I used to love KitchenAid. I had a suite (dishwasher, refrigerator and range/oven) from them for 10 years in my old home and had no issues. Naturally, when I went to purchase appliances for my kitchen remodel in my new home, I bought KitchenAid again. A year after they were installed, the fan in the oven started to rattle and I began to notice surface rust on the appliances. I've always used stainless steel cleaner, and I never had this issue with my old appliances. The rust will not even come off with the cleaner. KitchenAid sent out a service technician who fixed the fan and looked at the rust. He said the rust was a problem with all of the stainless steel appliances when they get any water on them. Seriously? A dishwasher, refrigerator and oven? When do they not get water on them?

When I contacted KitchenAid, they told me it was a cosmetic issue and therefore not covered. They did call their service technician who said he only saw a small amount of surface rust on the stove and did not look at the other appliances. He also told them it was an environmental issue. (Totally different from the story he told me.). KitchenAid also said it was a cosmetic issue and there was nothing they could do about it as I had used the wrong brand of stainless steel cleaner and the environment was too moist. My home is 30 miles from the ocean in a desert climate, and my previous home (where I did not have problems) was much closer to the ocean, so how it that environmental? KitchenAid offered to send out a second technician out at my expense. I will never buy another KitchenAid product again.

Original review: July 6, 2020

We purchased our dishwasher (as part of a full set as a matter of fact) 2 years ago. It’s quiet, but has stopped washing dishes. We only use the soap and dry aid recommended by the manufacturer, and the dishwasher itself is cleaner regularly. The soap dispenser opens, but unless the bottom rack is left half empty, Ten soap doesn’t come out of the dispenser, or comes out but doesn’t dissolve. This started about six months ago, as an occasional problem, but by now it happens more often than not. Based on this, as well as my experiences with the rest of my appliances, I would not recommend this brand.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I had 2 different KitchenAid Dishwashers in 9 years. Neither lasted more than 5 years. One only lasted 4 -- AND I bought the 5 year warranty. However, it doesn't cover the PUMP which broke. What is the use!?! I am so frustrated. I was dismissed by their customer service, and just told "sorry." Well, that is certainly not good enough. This is a rip-off. If you are ok with spending over $800 every four years, good for you, but I am not. I called repair people in my area and they said the minimum cost to repair is 400. They said that model was not good to begin with, but I researched and researched, and I trusted the name. But they don't stand behind their product to even have parts in their warranty. I have to buy a new dishwasher, and I looked here for recommendations. I hope this helps someone avoid a KitchenAid mistake.

Original review: June 25, 2020

We have had KitchenAid dishwashers for 20 years. I got this dishwasher three years ago after six months, it wasn’t cleaning the dishes. The repairman came out and told me that I was using the wrong detergent. I switched to Cascade. The fact that you need to buy a special detergent to go with these dishwashers seemed pretty peculiar, but I did it. Since then I’ve had a repairman out three times because it leaks, wasn’t cleaning the dishes, water wasn’t emptying, and now all of the wheels have dissolved and fallen off the dishwasher on the bottom rack. They have melted onto the drying bar. I am grateful they didn’t start a fire.

The repairman came out and told me that I was using the detergent Cascade and that dissolves the plastic on the dishwasher wheels.... WHAT???? I finally called kitchenaid and she told me that have never heard of this ever happening and that my warranty was out. I told them that not have if any wheels on my bottom rack was inexcusable and I demanded they send me wheels. Finally they said they would. That was 7 days ago. They said they would send them but if I couldn’t put them on I’d have to hire someone, they would not pay for that. I am very disappointed in kitchen aid, and will never, ever buy another.

Original review: June 9, 2020

$1000 dishwasher that is 2 years, 3 months old left upper rack rail rusted at the spot welds and broke off. Customer service would not honor replacement part. Upper rack was under warranty (5 years) but not the rail. New rail is ~$60. This dishwasher replaced a working cheaper model (noisy) that was 15 years old. Can’t believe the poor construction.

Customer service is the worst. On hold for ~1 hour then Was told it would be a $139 service charge just for the guy to come here to evaluate the failure, I said no and just wanted the part so I could install they then transferred to the Parts dept. on hold for a half hour only to be told they don’t do warranty orders. Then transferred back to escalate issue for another hour just to be disconnected. Never buy Whirlpool or KitchenAid again.

Original review: May 22, 2020

We’ve had our Kitchenaid dishwasher for 5 years. We’ve had to replace many parts (all 4 wheel assemblies on the bottom rack, another part of the top rack (upper dishwasher height adjustment). The parts are plastic, and are poor quality. Look for a better model or brand that uses metal parts. The dishwasher cost around $900, and we’ve spent $250 on replacement parts.

KitchenAid Dishwashers Company Information