Find a Dishwashers partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About KitchenAid Dishwashers

For decades, the KitchenAid brand has been synonymous with kitchen appliances. The dishwashers are known for several important features: high load capacity, robust wash systems and quiet cleaning. These convenient features and a reliable brand name often translate into high costs. While KitchenAid has dishwasher models in the top-of-the-line price range, several models are on the high end of average.

Pros

• Third-level rack
  • Sound level as low as 39 dB
  • Triple filter helps prolong life

Cons

• Premium price tag
  • Slightly longer than standard cabinet

Bottom Line

KitchenAid dishwashers are an investment, but they are a reliable choice. While it’s a high-end brand, there are affordable models. Features like a third rack, triple filter and quiet operation make these dishwashers a great choice.

Top KitchenAid Dishwashers Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

This dishwasher replaced an old Kenmore one, and the KitchenAid cleans so much better and is a lot quieter. I also like the styling with the sleek front and no huge buttons sticki...

Verified

The dishes are always cleaned and dried. The Bosch never dried the dishes. Have had several Kitchen Aid dishwashers and I would not hesitate to get another. My children have them ...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About KitchenAid dishwashers

KitchenAid dishwashers have several design options to choose from. Options include:

• Front control panel
  • Top control panel with towel bar
  • Top control with a pocket handle
  • Panel ready
  • Front-window models

While the glass window doesn’t offer any performance improvements, it’s a nice visual feature.

One design aspect to be aware of is the dishwasher size. KitchenAid dishwashers usually measure 24½ inches or 24¾ inches. This is slightly longer than the 24-inch kitchen cabinet standard. If you’re looking for a dishwasher that fits seamlessly with your current cabinetry, a KitchenAid model may not be the right choice.

How do KitchenAid dishwashers work?

KitchenAid dishwashers have several features that make the brand a popular and reliable choice. A third rack, for example, is a feature that is growing in popularity. Many KitchenAid models with a third rack also have rotating wash jets.

The dishwasher’s triple-filtration system helps customers prolong the life of their KitchenAid appliance. Each model has a screen filter, a coarse filter and a microfilter. This helps remove food particles from the water and prevent them from making it back to the dishes. It also helps stop the drain from clogging and saves energy by allowing the dishwasher to reuse water.

The most important feature of a dishwasher is how well it washes. The standard wash arm on most KitchenAid models is designed to reach every part of the dishwasher. Most models also have the ProScrub feature, which has 40 targeted spray jets that eliminate the need for prescrubbing or soaking.

Another notable feature available is the ProWash cycle, which automatically determines the ideal cycle for dishwashing based on how dirty the dishes are.

KitchenAid dishwasher prices

Since KitchenAid is a household name for kitchen appliances, the brand carries a premium price. KitchenAid dishwashers can range from $800 to as much as $1,900 if you choose a premium model. That said, there are more affordable KitchenAid models and ways to save on your purchase.

On average, you can expect to pay about $1,000 for a midrange dishwasher. Always check flyers or contact your local dealer to ask if there is an upcoming sale. Finding the right deal can save you hundreds of dollars.

KitchenAid dishwashers FAQ

How long do KitchenAid dishwashers last?
The expected lifespan of a KitchenAid dishwasher is about 10 years. You can extend your dishwasher’s life by removing scraps from plates, regularly cleaning the filter and removing hard water residue.
Are KitchenAid dishwashers reliable?
KitchenAid is one of the most relied upon names in kitchen appliances. With proper maintenance, a KitchenAid dishwasher is a reliable choice.
Where can you buy KitchenAid dishwashers?
KitchenAid dishwashers are available at most major appliance retailers. The KitchenAid website will help you find the dealer nearest you.
How much do KitchenAid dishwashers cost?
KitchenAid is a premium name in kitchen appliances. A KitchenAid dishwasher’s cost is slightly higher than average, ranging between $800 and $1,500.

Are KitchenAid dishwashers good?

KitchenAid dishwashers are consistently rated as a high-quality choice and offer all of the options that a customer would want. High storage capacity, strong washing systems, quiet operation and a thorough filtration system make KitchenAid dishwashers a good option. While KitchenAid dishwashers may take you to your budget limits, there are still options for those who want to save some money.

KitchenAid Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Dishwashers?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

Upper rack was over designed with too many moving features causing inherent weaknesses in plastic components. One year after use started the first plastic tabs started breaking. Without buying a whole new rack there was only one option. Had to figure out stainless steel bolts and nuts to replace broken tabs. Tedious but do-able. I believe most people (probably 95%) do not adjust the racks anyway because they are complicated to adjust. Why build things that break? Just keep it simple! Otherwise this dishwasher works great. It is very quiet and washes well. Clean look. If they would make the upper rack as simple as the bottom rack it would be bullet proof. But no, the Kitchenaid engineers and marketing people had to complicate it by putting in breakable features most people do not use. Thanks for messing up an otherwise great product. Now figuring out my fourth set of bolts to keep the upper rack in place and gliding like it should.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

KitchenAid had an advantage right away with me. Our old dishwasher was so noisy my wife would not start it until we went to bed far away from it. So I was ready to spend anything when we replaced it. We spent a little more, not much really, and have been happy ever after. Our KitchenAid has been very quiet and we are happy campers. I am definitely a fan of KitchenAid dishwashers.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

It not only cleans the dishes but it dries them. I was very tired of having to dry the dishes after using my old dishwasher. This one solved that problem. Other than the few dishes with a lip, they all are dry. I also like that it’s so quiet that it does not disturb us while watching TV. Having an open concept floor plan, this can be a problem with some dishwashers. I would highly recommend a KitchenAid dishwasher to everyone.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Many years ago, I bought a home that had an older KitchenAid Superba dishwasher. Best dishwasher ever! I recently purchased another home that had a newer KitchenAid dishwasher. It cleans pretty well, most of the time, but the racks are not well designed, sometimes the soap remains in the dispenser, and the drying mechanism is so-so. It always has a lot of condensation when it's finished. For the price, I would not purchase one again. After shopping around, since I'm planning a remodel this year, I ordered a Bosch. KitchenAid is not what it used to be.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Operationally this is a nice-looking, relatively quiet, efficient machine with multiple modes of operation. Where it falls from grace is the isolation of the top/hidden electronics from the moisture of a functioning dishwasher. The replacement by the owner is not out of the question, but most users won't do this. The main control board can be replaced by unplugging a socket after the front of the machine is removed. One other drawback is the spring and cord mechanism that balances the weight of the door, it can break more than once in a 20-year operating lifetime. On the good side this unit is still working after 20 years whereas many others are broken and replaced. The motor, pump and dish/silver racks are all working and in good condition. The inside and outside stainless is fully functional and easily cleaned.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Nov Posted by Amna 11/28/21 7:55 PM. I bought a kitchen aid dishwasher 4 months ago. It's stopped working right after one month. I called customer support and warranty, they said that they don't have any availability until next month. We waited patiently and the services guy showed up finally after one month. He took a peek at the dishwasher for 3 minutes and claimed that the motor has stopped working. He said that he does not have an extra motor and he needs to order one. He claimed that the motor would arrive by next week and he could come and install it.

It has been 2 months now and the guy never shows up! We are calling and calling the customer support and there is no response. After a long wait time the call

Disconnects. I would never ever recommend kitchen products to anyone ever! They have the worst customer service and they have no empathy for their customers! I am disappointed because I overpaid for this kitchen aid dishwasher. The worst company ever people! Never ever waste your money on such cheap and low quality and of course useless products!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

We bought a KitchenAid dishwasher in 2019, and while it is very quiet (nice!), plastic parts on the interior assembly have started to disintegrate to the point that they are breaking off. And we don't run it often as a household of two. Why is it that manufacturers cheap out on parts so much these days? Maybe plastic isn't meant to be washed and baked at high temperatures. Can we please go back to the old school appliances that last for 30 years?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

We’ve had many KitchenAid products and all have pretty reliable. Purchased top of the line model dishwasher 2 years and 4 months ago. The control board just went out. The part is covered by warranty but NOT THE LABOR. That is $249, about 1/5 of the original price. For the purchase price and the company’s profit margin, I wish companies would quite these boards from China because they are junk.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I ordered KitchenAid dishwasher from Lowes Sept-15 -21. On October 15 they got my order and was missing KitchenAid Stainless Steel Dish Handle, they told me at Lowes, "Return it and get your money back" or we order another dishwasher, I don't want to waiting another month, I called a plumber to install the dishwasher, and I called customer service and I explained what happened and they told me part is back order but I can buy direct from parts for 86.00 USD.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I have had the Kitchen Aid dishwasher since 2007 and have had no major problems with it. Had to replace the pump after 10 years which my husband was able to do with minimum effort. That was 5 years ago and it still works perfectly!

KitchenAid Dishwashers Company Information