Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.14/5

KitchenAid sells a variety of cooktops for home chefs. Customers shopping online can filter results by size, price, features, color and cutout height. 0% APR financing is available on orders of more than $299. The company includes free delivery with online purchases.

KitchenAid Cooktops Learn More

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

KitchenAid Cooktops Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Cooktops?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Cooktops?

Original review: April 21, 2020

We bought a KitchenAid gas cooktop (model #: KFGU706VSS01) approximately 5 years ago. It has been nothing but trouble since we purchased it. You can’t cook 1 large pot or 2 smaller pots before it starts clicking and shuts off. It’s really annoying and pisses you off when you’re right in the middle of cooking especially when cooking large meals. If the top gets too hot it just shuts off and it takes too long to reset. For the price we paid we sure expected a much better product. We would never recommend any kitchen aid stove top products. What a mistake! Shame on kitchen aid for selling these terrible pieces of crap. You have my email or phone number if you "KITCHEN AID" would like to respond to us!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Bought our 30" induction cooktop in 2014 along with other KitchenAid appliances. It has had many electronic problems over the past 5 years and in fact had problems within the first year. It just starts sending out error codes for no reason whatsoever. It is completely unreliable for such an expensive unit. I have talked to a few appliance repairmen and they all say electronics components are cheaply made in all appliances and will soon fail. Don't waste your money on high end appliances such as this. Just go for a minimum electronics appliance.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I thought I was getting a higher end product by buying Kitchenaid appliances. Currently my induction cooktop (I paid $2000) to has an error code F47. This means I need to replace the computer board. Well that will be $478. The unit is only 2 yrs old. While I’m at it, my Kitchenaid refrigerator freezer is also not working. This will be the 3rd time to have a serviceman come. The freezer fan Needs to be replaced. It’s also 2 years old. That will be another at least $200. I’ve had trouble with the kitchenaid oven too. It makes loud buzzing sound. I already had a fan replaced on it. The dishwasher had some trouble not cleaning properly but I changed the dishwasher tablets to a more expensive brand and I’m hoping that will solve the unclean dishes issue. My recommendation would be don’t buy Kitchenaid.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

We purchased in July 2018, in August 2019 unit failed. We did not purchase an extended warranty and are in repair hell. The replacement circuit boards from the Whirlpool factory distributor are not identical to the ones the factory installs. We are now headed for the third primary circuit board and the unit has been unusable 5 weeks and will likely be down another 1-2 weeks - assuming the factory board works. My strong recommendation is don't get sucked into any of the whirlpool induction cooktops. Customer service is abysmal unless you are willing to escalate it up to the Care Resolution Team in Benton Harbor, MI and worst of all most Whirlpool agents just don't want to take ownership of a problem, but rather shove it off on the local repair tech.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I paid almost $3,000 for this range in August 2018, had it installed in October 2018. It the cooktop stopped working in September 2019. KitchenAid says warranty is no good because I paid for it over a year ago. Ridiculous it died within a year. But, I also bought a KitchenAid refrigerator at the same time and within 6 months the ice maker had to be replaced. If you're thinking KitchenAid, go elsewhere! It's no wonder they push extended warranties so hard. Can't even make an appliance to last a year.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

First, they had to deliver 3 different units because upon installation by a certified electrician the oven shorted out completely. That should have been a major red flag for me, but unfortunately I was enamored by the look of the stove. I have it only 4 months and literally out of nowhere some chalk like scratches from underneath showed up. The surface still is smooth. The technician came and claims it’s from the cookware I use.

I have had a glass top prior for 20 years and the top was literally in perfect condition never a scratch. How he came to the conclusion it is because of my cookware I have no idea. My cookware is in perfect condition. This oven shows every little drop of water. The top is very difficult to clean. I follow their instructions exactly and still had the burner indicators wear off just from washing with soap and water. Interesting that no other burner has the damage that this one does. So in terms of the logic of the pans it should be on all burners.

Customer service sucks, They will only go by what the technician says. In addition every burner cooks extremely unevenly. Cooks way too high even when you put it on the lowest setting. The stove was a complete waste of money. The only thing good about it is that it is a good looking stove but that’s it. Paid 1500.00 for this hunk of junk and am filing a small claims court against Whirlpool the parent company. There are too many similar complaints about the stoves. Wondering if there should be a class action suit against this company.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Had to replace a downdraft electric range so did not have much choice. Decided to purchase this KitchenAid range which was a terrible mistake. From day one it is hard to clean the glass top and stainless steel areas which scratch and stain so easily. You have to become a slave to this stove to keep it clean. As careful as you are, it will still scratch and stain!! Getting into the technical part, the oven fan broke in the 2nd year and the switches were not working. Luckily I had a home warranty, but it took 3 different repairmen to correct the issues. Now the burners are not working and they were replaced along with the switches and the 2 large burners are worse than ever. The repairman says there must be a short within the stove and now the insurance company has to send someone else to evaluate it. I am afraid of a fire being it is an electrical problem. I will never buy another KitchenAid product again!!

Original review: July 26, 2019

Our KitchenAid gas range was six months out of warranty (18 months old) and the igniter failed. We spent $255 to repair and within one month it failed again. Repair company tried to reproduce the failure but to no success. The igniter worked intermittently so they would do nothing about it. Contacted KitchenAid to see if there was a recall or something they would help us with. No results! Continued to have the problem and the repairman came out three different times to try to diagnose the issue-he contacted KitchenAid but didn’t get resolution. Spoke with a customer service manager who was supposed to investigate the issue and she said she would call back in 20 minutes; she never returned the call.

We have called them at least 6 times and they will not stand by their product. So we have to buy a new range after only 18 months. No wonder KitchenAid pushes an extended warranty-they don’t make a quality product!! We will NEVER buy another KitchenAid, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amanda, or any other Whirlpool owned product!!!

Original review: July 15, 2019

Cooktop did not operate properly from day one. Service person sent to site 3 times from appliance store found no CODE for defect. Appliance store not helpful with suggestions and we hired an electrician to upgrade electric box. Still no luck. Service tech did not receive error message and yet we receive F I E 0. Cooktop is not dependable and BEEPS and BEEPS. We shut off the switch at the box. Many complaints on ConsumerAffairs.com so it must be well known to KitchenAid and appliance store that this unit model is full of DEFECTS. Yet, they off NO assistance.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Known problem! The service tech called to talk me OUT of repairing the F47 error. 1000 to repair a 2 year old 1500 induction cook top. He advised trash & replace! Do not buy. Even authorized Frigidaire Service Tech says use the half that is still working and replace when that fails. This is a KNOWN problem by KitchenAid and they still charge to repair this.

KitchenAid Cooktops Company Information