2. Homeowners
  3. Coffee Makers

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.71/5

KitchenAid coffee makers and brewing equipment are available in black, grey and stainless steel. Select from drip coffee makers, cold brew coffee makers, espresso machines, French presses and siphon coffee brewers. The company also sells kettles, grinders and accessories.

KitchenAid Coffee Makers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Coffee Makers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Coffee Makers?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

The coffeemaker is a very good product. It has some good features on it and makes good coffee. We have had it for several years and have been very pleased with its performance. The coffee has good flavor.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

This coffee maker may not have extra frills but is a reliable workhouse that makes coffee shop like coffee at home. The ability to pour before the entire pot brews is a great feature as well as the ability to buy replacement carafes if you break the one it comes with. We have used this brand over ten years.

Get buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Love the ideal of my coffee being ready when I wake up. It's always fresh and hot. Can be easily cleaned. I was cleaning mine about once a month until it quit after like forever. Right now I had to go with a cheaper brand with money being tight. Plus I am already on fixed income. Be so glad to be able to get me a good coffee pot. Thank you for the opportunity.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I love KitchenAid products and go out of my way to buy all their stuff in matching colors...lol. Love their products and always feel like it's worth the extra buck! I have one of their coffee grinders, as well. Definitely a great product!

Original review: July 23, 2020

My husband and I love our KitchenAid Drip Coffeemaker. We have had it for about 7 yrs now and still works great! Will most definitely purchase this brand again! Consistently makes a great pot of coffee!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I purchased this model coffeemaker 6 months ago from Canadian Tire, and it cost $129 plus tax. Because it was a KitchenAid product I thought would have a long shelf life. I have a KitchenAid stand mixer that is over 10 years old that has not had any problems. Because of this I did not retain the receipt. I realize now this was a mistake. I paid for this in cash.

First the clock lost time so I reset it. Second there was no power to the unit. I tried unplugging it, checked the fuse box, and tried another plug outlet. This is a product that I thought would last considering the price. I called the number for customer service, waited on hold for 20 minutes and then was told to send everything in a summary email. Then after a couple cut and paste messages from the customer service team I was told to call again. Where I was told that they could offer me a discount, but only if ordered from the phone for $72. The unit costs less than that now at several stores. Don't bother with this coffeemaker! 1 year warranty is all they will do.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Loved this product the first year then the troubles began. BTW I have owned this machine exactly two years. We had the mysterious leakage of water on the countertop several times. Then there was the coffee grinds in the carafe. We did all the cleaning and maintenance but still not a consistent carafe of coffee. Upon its last leg it gave an er1 code (stuck button). Did everything SEVERAL times to remedy the issue per instructions. Now the unit displays a time which you cannot change and the brew button does not work. For the price I paid I had high expectations. I’m highly disappointed and would not recommend this product.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I had an issue with ordering the KitchenAid Pour Over Coffee Brewer. I called and Courtney the manager in the customer service department was so so helpful. She really cares about the customer and KitchenAid you should be proud to have Courtney on your team.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I purchased KitchenAid Coffeemaker (KCM1202) about 3 months ago, and find first cup of coffee tastes great although extremely hot, second cup takes on a burnt flavor (I brew 6 cups at a time). If you Make a mistake with the clean setting mode you cannot reverse, you have to continue to clean, also the carafe is hard to get stains off.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Simple to use. Not too large, quick and really easy to move around and overall really nice to look at. But find a way to not cause filter blockage, not have so much coffee grounds be used, and not create such a mess.

KitchenAid Coffee Makers author review by Jonathan Trout

Known for their cooking appliances, KitchenAid also makes an extensive line of coffee makers. Choose from multiple craft brewing methods with their press, siphon, pour-over, cold brew and espresso coffee brewers. They also offer a precision grinder so you can get the perfect grind size for each brew.

• French press: KitchenAid’s Precision Press is designed to brew coffee-shop quality French press coffee in your home. It has an integrated scale and timer so you can measure the exact ratio of grounds to water and steep it for the correct amount of time. It also has a dual-wall stainless steel carafe for great heat retention. The Precision Press costs $150.

• Siphon brewer: KitchenAid’s Siphon Coffee Brewer simplifies the process of siphon brewing for home use. It works like old siphon brewers by using vapor water pressure to push water up through the siphon tube to steep the grounds. Then, the vacuum suction draws the coffee down through the grounds. The design comes with a magnetic locking seal, durable stainless steel siphon tube and a reusable filter. The Siphon Coffee Brewer comes in two colors and costs $250.

• Pour-over: KitchenAid’s Pour Over Coffee Brewer uses technology to precisely heat and pulse water, steeping grounds in the same way as the manual pour-over process. This allows the grounds to bloom as they would during the manual process. The pour-over-style brewer comes in two models: Custom Pour Over and Pour Over. The Custom Pour Over Coffee Brewer is $200 and includes 24-hour programmability and roast and cup selector. The Pour Over Coffee Brewer costs $170.

• Espresso maker: KitchenAid’s Pro Line Espresso Maker has dual independent boilers so you can brew espresso and steam milk at the same time. It has a milk-frothing arm and latte art pitcher so you can create a coffee shop-quality latte. It can reach a boil in six minutes and has a hot water dispenser and cup warmer. The Pro Line Espresso Maker costs $1,300.

• Cold brewer: KitchenAid’s Cold Brew Coffee Maker comes in a sleek compact design, complete with a tap handle and built-in filter. It can be easily removed from your refrigerator with its portable handle. The simple design makes it easy to clean. The Cold Brew Coffee Maker costs $130.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team