KitchenAid Coffee Makers

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I received this coffee maker as a gift and unfortunately do not have a receipt. This coffee maker works fine when brewing 8 cups or less; however, every time I brew 10 or more cups, the coffee backs up and leaks as it flows into the thermal carafe. It makes quite a mess and the leaking has caused the base of my kitchen cabinet to warp. What good is a 12-cup coffee maker if you can only brew 8 cups at a time?

Kitchenaid coffee maker KCM111ob - Poorly designed and irritating product. It finally quit heating and I will never buy a KitchenAid coffee maker again. Had a couple years but many off and on again problems -- dripping carafe, partial brewing of pots, having to reseat water container multiple times to get to work. Should have returned within warranty period. My fault I didn't.

When it works, it is great. Unfortunately I have had to swap this coffee maker out twice in 2 years. On today, I called Kitchenaid to report an error 2 and the maker not working. Support was able to pull my file by telephone number and address. Interesting enough, this file was empty - no record of swapping out the pot last year. Based on model number, coffee pot was manufactured 2 years ago. So of course let's go by the manufacturer date which means it is out of warranty. Resolve from support rep is they can give me 20% off if I want to purchase another. Why would I want to purchase another and this one only has a lifespan of one year. This is my first Kitchenaid coffee maker, I only purchased for the color. Now I know that was not of priority. Functioning daily for many years however, is a priority. As a side note, my Cuisinart coffee pot has been going strong for 10 plus years - first at home, now at work.

Stay clear of this product. I am a very infrequent drinker of coffee, maybe 4-5 cups per week. Bought this coffee maker about 13 or 14 months ago have only used on tin of coffee so hardly used. Now does not brew, company will not replace. Social media watch out, would not mind if it is was a $20 machine but $80 and the company would not stand behind its product! Will never buy or recommend a KitchenAid product again!

My 2014 Christmas present (no receipt) was a Kitchen Aid personal coffee maker #KCM0402ER0. On 17 May 2015 I prepared my coffee as usual. The only problem was the water wouldn't heat or brew. I contacted Kitchen Aid, since it is out of warranty and the only offer was I can contact the parts department for a replacement part, but what/how do I know what part to replace. I could send in the appliance to have it repaired, with shipping, parts and labor. It will cost more than the cost of a new one.

If I had the unit for 8 or more years, I would certainly consider buying a new like unit. After reading some of the reviews of other dissatisfied customers, it seems that Kitchen Aid needs to step up the quality. Customers want quality, which is what I feel I was receiving when I get a Kitchen Aid product, but not this time. I feel I need to get better quality and service from a company that believes in quality so I will be looking elsewhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

The glass carafe causes coffee to run down the side, you can't stop it! You have to pour over a sink or a towel. Called the company to complain and asked them if they've had other complaints. They acted like they'd never heard about this problem before. I told them the hot coffee burned my wife's bare feet, but that didn't seem to excite them either. They never even offered a replacement carafe that works. Will NEVER purchase their brand because of this.

Terrible. Coffee will not flow into pot and spills all over when brewing no matter how carefully the pot and coffee holder are seated. Looking to get rid of it.

Kitchenaid Coffee Maker 14 Cup MDL#KCM111OB - Clean light stays on even after cleaning w/ vinegar. This is second purchase of exact same model w/ exact same issue. The good news is it makes great coffee at the right temperature. Carafe is poorly designed, as it dribbles no matter how carefully or slowly you pour. So for $100, I expect better. Good thing we have a cheap $10 Mr. Coffee backup (which also makes great coffee btw).

KCM222CU0 Coffee Maker - This 14-cup coffee maker is definitely a loser. I also experienced the leaky carafe until I broke down and bought the new one that does work a little better. Now the warming plate is peeling and in bad shape and it does not seem possible to buy a new one. In fact, no repair parts are to be found with the exception of a few common parts such as a carafe, door, filter, etc. I would not purchase another KitchenAid coffee maker. Incidentally, this is made for KitchenAid by Whirlpool. There was a warmer plate recall on several of their models but not the KCM222. Should have been one!

I purchased a KitchenAid coffee maker Model # KCM1110B and it leaked overnight, water everywhere. Called KitchenAid and they asked me to return it and sent replacement. Same thing happening - leaking. I see so many of the same complaints - leaking. Why doesn't Consumer Affairs file suit? I shall not buy another.

When we remodeled our kitchen, we replaced every appliance with Kitchenaid products from a hand mixer to gas stove and refrigerator and everything in between. Their coffee maker is absolutely the worst. From day one, we never know when it will leak. We have contacted the company on multiple occasions with little satisfaction. They have suggested ensuring the lid is on properly, use proper filter, etc. None of these suggestions work and the coffee maker continues to leak without warnings. We are unable to program it for morning coffee because we don't know if it will leak and make a huge mess on the counter and floor. We would not recommend this product at all.

With almost every use, the brew/mode/timer etc. buttons didn't work properly. I had to be very careful when pressing them. If for some reason I didn't push with the proper pressure, lights would flash and the coffee wouldn't brew. I'd have to wait awhile to try again. Recently there have been non-stop beeping sounds, along with a flashing ERL. And no brewed coffee.

I purchased a coffee maker from KitchenAid. It failed after about 2 months of usage and they took over a month to send a refurb. Refurb failed as well and they took about 3~4 weeks to process the return before they could send another one. The replacement for replacement came without a shipping label. So now I'm waiting for the shipping label and when I made a complaint, customer service replied with condescending "sorry". That being said there was an African America customer service rep with small appliance that provided a good service. She was the one that helped process the 2nd replacement order and the only saving grace for KitchenAid but I'm afraid I can't provide higher rating.

I'm on my third Kitchenaid Stainless Steel coffee maker. The popular stainless steel ones that cost about $99.00. The first one, after about 1 1/2 years, the switch broke and it stopped working. The second one, the electric wiring under the heater coil surface came out and I was afraid that it would wear through and cause a fire, so I discarded and now the third one which is not even a year old (someone bought for me), the on/ off switch broke and it does not work. I had 23 emails with kitchenaid and the result was that they only warranty their products for 1 year. After that your ** out of luck. Don't buy this coffee maker. $300.00 in 3 years for 3 coffee pots. I'm sticking with my $20.00 Black and Decker which works consistently for years. I figure if I have to buy a new coffee pot every year, I might as well just buy a Black and Decker for $20.00, I could have saved $320.00. (AND IT WORKS).

I recently bought a KitchenAid coffee maker and have never had such a horrible coffee maker. It is very slow brewing and the brewed coffee is undrinkable - it tastes like plastic. Since I ordered it online, I cannot return it so I will just toss it and buy a Mr. Coffee.

We have had 3 coffeemakers over the years and the short life of each one ended up with an error message. One of the three was replaced under warranty and the other two had to be thrown away being out of warranty.

KitchenAid Coffee Maker - KCM223CU0 - The design of the carafe and lid are of poor quality. The lid does not allow a free flow of brewed coffee when lid arrow is pointed to "Pour" on the carafe... Coffee leaks and spills in every direction and makes a total mess on my counter. I've had my coffee maker for two agonizing years. It looks great and makes a good cup of coffee, but pouring is a nightmare. I've had to remove the lid to pour coffee each and every time.

Water in the basket spills onto the coffee maker and kitchen counter. Seems the Basket Door Opener cannot hold the door closed.

I am from Guatemala Central America and I bought a KCM1402ER KitchenAid Coffee Maker and after 8 times used it stop brewing and with an Err5 indicator. I am really disappointed with the brand and with the customer service. Then after referring them that the Coffee Maker was brought to other country, they didn't gave me any assistance. And I just wanted to know what was the Err5 indicating. I am going for a Cuisinart one.

My husband & I paid a little over $100 (on sale) for what we thought was a top of the line, 14-cup coffeemaker. Approximately 3 months of use later, the ring around the top of the carafe started separating and dripping coffee every time we poured. I went online to contact the company and also found many complaints about this product. It took quite some time for the company to get back to me and, when they did, I thought there might be a resolution as they asked for model #, etc. Their next response, however, was that there were no known issues and thank you for contacting them.

Their definition of "customer service" and mine differ greatly. Yesterday we bought a Mr. Coffee - 1/4 the price and 4 times superior. The next time I make ANY kitchen purchase, KitchenAid will not be considered.

I purchased the 14 cup coffeemaker as I found it attractive in the red and thought KitchenAid had a good reputation. My coffeemaker has been nothing but problems. It leaks..... and now it overheats. The coffee smells scorched. I checked the recall and it says my serial number isn't recalled. Don't be surprised if there isn't another recall for this model as well. Terrible to pay that much for a coffeemaker and have these type of problems.

I sent an email to the KitchenAid complaint center with the mail I found on their website. The carafe for our coffeemakers (model number KCM14GC) leaks. We had to replace it several months ago and the new one still leaks. When I contacted KitchenAid, they informed me that the carafe has been redesigned for my coffeemaker. This clearly means the original design was flawed so they had to change it. Did they kindly offer to send me a new carafe? No. They so helpfully urged me to RE-purchase a new carafe myself. This is an outrage. I should not have to buy 2 new carafes for a $100 coffeemaker. I am so disgusted with KitchenAid. I will never purchase another KitchenAid item.

My carafe began leaking through the plastic seal within 15 days of purchase. I called to report this and was told that I'd get a replacement as long as I emailed a copy of my purchase receipt, which I did. I have since learned the carafe is on back order. Seriously? 45 days later, I am still waiting for my back ordered replacement. Who would have thought I should have kept my old coffee maker when I had just gotten a brand new one. Not only have I gone through this, but I also had a battle with a dishwasher. That was 5 service calls in less than one year, then it was replaced; then a service call for the same issue in less than one month on the replacement. Thankfully, the wonderful seller gave me full credit and I am a huge fan of GE now.

I am actually inquiring through a friend, who is an attorney, what it takes to begin a class action lawsuit. I am all for American made but KitchenAid is the first company I discourage to everyone.

I bought KitchenAid 14-cup coffeemaker 4 months ago - the Teflon coating on the warming plate is chipping off. We have never used anything but a cloth or paper towel to wipe it off. The carafe is apparently "knocking" it off.

I've only had the KitchenAid 14-cup coffee maker for six months. Every time you try to pour coffee, it leaks all over the cupboard, so you can only pour it when holding over the sink. The black cover that covers the pot is loose and moves when you are pouring the coffee. When you buy something with a good brand name, you expect it to be reliable and not leaking.

This high end coffee maker leaks! I'm extremely unhappy. It's only a year or two old.

I bought the 10-cup coffee maker KCM112 from Direct Buy and it leaked from day one and did not keep the coffee hot. It also smells and tastes like plastic. KitchenAid said they do not do refunds, only returns, even if the product is a piece of crap. Now Direct Buy is responsible. I will never buy a product made by KitchenAid or Whirlpool again and would not recommend that anyone else does.

I am very disappointed in my first KitchenAid coffeemaker. I don't feel like it held up nearly as well as much cheaper brand coffeemakers. Mine quit working and I dug out my older and cheaper one and it STILL worked and made great coffee. Don't know if I will purchase KitchenAid again. For the price they charge it should have held up better.

Kitchen Aid 14-cup coffee maker worked great for about three months but it needed new water filter cartridge. I can not find it anywhere and the help from KitchenAid was sorry. Coffee maker is a piece of **! I will be looking for a replacement and it won't be KitchenAid.

My beautiful red KitchenAid Coffee Maker has started to leak out the bottom of the machine. I did not realize that it was going to start doing that and had coffee spill out onto my white dining room carpet when I was entertaining. It still is doing that, but at least I know that the machine is a default machine. I am trying to do without a coffee maker as much as possible, since the leaky machine creates such a hot coffee mess. So far, no one has been burnt by the coffee leaking out of the machine, so that is good.

The model number of coffee makes is KCM511ER-1 and serial number is WGT3306126. What would you suggest? I cannot do without a coffee maker, but this one is not safe to use.

KitchenAid Coffee Makers Company Profile