KitchenAid Coffee Makers
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

KitchenAid Coffee Makers

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 19, 2017

83 KitchenAid Coffee Makers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I purchased KitchenAid Coffeemaker (KCM1202) about 3 months ago, and find first cup of coffee tastes great although extremely hot, second cup takes on a burnt flavor (I brew 6 cups at a time). If you Make a mistake with the clean setting mode you cannot reverse, you have to continue to clean, also the carafe is hard to get stains off.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Simple to use. Not too large, quick and really easy to move around and overall really nice to look at. But find a way to not cause filter blockage, not have so much coffee grounds be used, and not create such a mess.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

It is easy and fun to use. Put the cup in and water and just let the coffee make itself. Unlike many other coffee machines that you actually have to read the directions, it doesn’t take a lot of time to use. It was also a pretty good price to work that good. I like the way it looks because it is a basic model and not too flashy. But it is hard to clean in the cracks of the bottom. I would also improve the height so it can fit taller cups like even Dunkin Donuts size cups if you want to take it on the go.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

KitchenAid Coffee Makers meets my expectations as I have always preferred a KitchenAid appliance, due to its performance and quality of manufacturing. Also, this particular coffee maker has come recommended by friends. I have the choice of different strengths of coffee, regular or bold. Also, can make a small batch of coffee, 2-4 cups. It also has a warming feature I haven't had on previous coffee makers. But the clock and the brew features are a little difficult to set. As you are trying to set the actual time, the timer for the programming feature is also setting and without programming the coffee pot, you have to select the brew function and hold it until it beeps.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Lasts a long time. It’s simple to use and easy to understand. I just make some and dump my sugar and creamer and go. Coffee stays hot and doesn't burn. However, I would love an appliance with a delay start. I want to set it before I go to bed and know it will hot in the morning. Or if I could start it in the morning and it will be ready by the time I come home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

KitchenAid Coffee Makers has a programmable feature, as well as a black color that matches my other appliances. It also makes 12 cups of coffee. It brews the coffee within 5 minutes which is great and helps make the mornings go faster. It is very easy to use, my husband and children can also operate it. But it could have a more modern, sleek look to it and could operate in a manner that is quieter. It puts out a lot of steam when it percolates and the carafe stains easily so it is somewhat hard to clean.Other than that, very good coffee maker.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I like all about this product. It makes my coffee fast and tastes fresh. It's the best brand I have found by far and I would get another if something happen to it. I really would recommend this one to all my friends.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I like the price. I had a much more expensive coffee maker before and this one works equally as good. The coffee maker makes an entire pot, enough for 4 to 5 cups. That is great for when I have guest. Also, this coffee maker is very easy to use. It's not complicated and not hard to use at all. As far as any of the features that I wish I had, well, they aren't realistic. But to humor you, it would be great if it made other coffee drinks! I think it would be great if it came in some funky colors and designs. But it meets my needs and expectation; especially based on what I paid for it.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

It is fairly simple to use. I like the pause and serve feature, I like that I can brew one cup or twelve cups. I like the time being displayed on the front always and that it's a digital display. I do like it a lot but I wish I'd opted for some more features. I would like if it had a timer so I could set it to brew coffee automatically at the same time every morning. I would like to set it to brew on certain days of the week also. I enjoy the KitchenAid brand but I would have definitely considered another brand in order to get additional options to meet my personal needs.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

It's simple to use and very straightforward. It's fine the way it is. It met all of my expectations. The alarm is neat. The tone isn't too annoying. I like that often the colors are simple. It was fairly priced and has lasted longer than most of my coffee makers. I hope it lasts me another two years or so. The coffee maker itself could be prettier, and the text next of the buttons wore off. I only use one of the buttons so I've been able to survive but I'd prefer that they were still there. Also, it be easier if there were less buttons.

Original review: July 31, 2017

The 12 cup thermal carafe keeps the coffee hot long after removed from burner. It's easy to use and clean. The automatic brew function works very well and it's nice to know that I'll have a fresh, hot cup of coffee waiting for me in the morning. Coffee tastes good always. If I want one half carafe or an entire pot, I can program the maker "You have a fresh pot ready for me when I get up in the morning." The only feature I might improve is to have an additional glass carafe and possibly a coffee grinder attachment. Other than that the coffee maker performs up to my expectations. It does the job and my overall experience is very good.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I like the fact that you can auto set the coffee maker to brew in the morning and also select cup side so you can grab and go some. You just have to run so it worked perfect. It does the job and it works just fine so I have no issues with the coffee maker. It met my expectations and then some of it works great for me. All I ask is that it brew coffee and that's what it does.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I like the alarm that makes my coffee at the same time daily... it wakes me up for work when I smell it brewing!!! If I didn't have an alarm to set on the coffee maker I probably wouldn't make it to work very often! It's my favorite feature on this coffee machine!!! Also, it's pretty simple to use... There's not a lot of crazy buttons or dials like some other coffee makers and I like that it comes in different colors!! Sometimes some of the grounds come into the coffee pot and it makes the whole pot disgusting and grainy! I have to make a whole new pot and I waste money that way! But it definitely meets my needs and expectations!!!

Original review: July 28, 2017

I like setting up the brew in the evening and have it available in the morning. I also like the fact that it turns off after two hours so I don't have to worry about leaving the house and have the coffee pot burn up. However, the carafe is always leaking when you go to pour the coffee. I believe a better lid would help. I also didn't like how difficult it was to set up the clock. Every time the power glues out the clock had to be reset. But the coffee maker does meet my expectations. It brews a good cup of coffee and the coffee maker has lasted for some time and it still works like day one.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I liked the way it looked as well as the timer feature for automatic start and turning off on its own. It also lasted a long time and we were able to pass it on to others when we got an espresso machine. However it took up a lot of space on the counter and it was hard to keep clean due to finger prints on the stainless steel. Also it was more expensive than I would like to pay for a coffee machine. But it was was easy to use, durable and consistently made good coffee. It met our needs and I would definitely recommend KitchenAid.

Original review: July 25, 2017

It's a modern brand that makes coffee within the amount of time that I have. It is sleek and it is convenient and it is black and it is made of stainless steel so it doesn't corrode or rust. That is a great coffee maker that is not too complicated. It does this and that and the volume up. Doing good things as well. I like it a lot because it makes me coffee and coffee makes me happy and therefore it is good. I would like to get another one if I could afford one. If there are any improvements I can make to it I would add an internet connection that would allow me to make coffee from my phone. I would also make it to spend some money because I need more of that stuff.

Original review: July 24, 2017

The personal coffee maker makes just enough coffee when I need it and the removable reservoir which I love makes for easy clean up and storage when I'm in a hurry to go out in the morning. The coffee maker is simple to use, it comes with a refillable thermal for easy on the go travel, and you can brew as well as coffee in the removable reservoir. My experience has been awesome overall.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I like that I can refill the tank by sliding it off of the back and filling it with water instead of trying to careful pour water in it when it's still attached. I also like the looks of this coffee maker. The only thing I would like to see improved is setting the clock. It's a minor issue but when I first got it and followed directions I almost pulled my hair out trying to get the time right. But this coffee maker has been fantastic. We use ours to brew coffee and hot tea and both drinks taste great. Very easy to clean as well! Another thing that's great about the entire thing is where the filters are placed. Instead of having to stand on my tip toes to look above the maker to make sure the filters in right, this one has a front that swivels out nice and smoothly. Overall the one to beat.

Original review: July 21, 2017

It is easy to use and you can set it up to go off at a certain time. It programmable with time to turn on in the morning and it turns off after two hours. I love too that it comes in a variety of colors so I could pick the perfect one that's just right for me. This was the perfect coffee maker for my husband and I to purchase because it’s easy to program and set up for each day to be used or we will have it set up for the next day. It’s wonderful.

Original review: July 20, 2017

It is not extremely simple to use, but if I get out the directions in the booklet that came with the coffee pot, they are very easy to follow. I need to do this in order to change the brewing technique, clean it or reset the time on the clock. I wish the coffee pot were little easier to clean though because at the bottom there's like a little indentation that's hard to get the coffee out of when cleaning. I also wish it wasn't quite so tall. They could also improve the clock display by making it a little bit larger for one. But I really like this coffee maker overall. I like the display in control pad features, as well as seeing permanent filter and the glass carafe. I also like the pause and pour feature and the automatic shut off at the end of brewing time. The removable water tank is good also.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Since I purchased this coffee maker I have been having a very good experience and I love how it works. Coffee smells and taste good. I use a good quality coffee and is very important to have a good coffee maker. The reason that I like it is that it is easy to use. I am also very obsessed to keep things clean and this coffee maker is easy to clean, does not need a lot of time. Some of the coffee makers are very complicated and very difficult to clean. The best thing about it is that makes an excellent coffee. It does not remove the taste of the coffee like some other coffee makers do. But I would like it to be more high technology, to have options that allow me to have my coffee ready with timer for example. And to have options of making different coffee.

Original review: July 18, 2017

It is extremely simple to use. You do not even have to read the instructions. It did everything that it said it was going to do and more. I had an amazing experience with this coffee maker and I would not change it for the world. I love everything about this brand. It makes my coffee taste amazing and fresh as if I got it from a coffee store. Also, it's amazing to clean and doesn't take a long time for my coffee to be made. The only thing is I wish that it would have a longer shelf life and did not run out of power so quick even though it has lasted me for a few years.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I like the timer and how it shuts itself off after a period of time without me doing so plus it is simple enough for anyone to operate with no problem. I also like that KitchenAid doesn't take long to brew which I think is very important to a person needing coffee right away. I have had a good experience with this coffee maker since it does exactly what I need it to do.

Original review: July 16, 2017

My KitchenAid Coffee Maker is black and brushed chrome and matches my kitchen well. Very easy to use, elegant design and looks good on my counter too! Love the colors and that the carafe does not spill when pouring. It also has a feature to dispense hot water and it worked perfect for us. I love this product and coffee tastes great! But I’d prefer if the dial selector were just buttons and I wish the hot water dispenser also brewed coffee to put into a travel mug. It’s a little awkward to clean as it’s larger than the typical coffee maker.

Original review: July 15, 2017

It is very easy to use and operate and turn off and on. But wish you could set the time like the others. Wish it would turn itself off after few hours and still keep coffee warm and that you can preset it. I would include a clock to set it to turn on so when you get up you can have hot coffee. I might buy a new one soon.

Original review: July 14, 2017

It has a nice, clean and crisp color combination. Plus, it is a good size machine so it doesn't take up too much room. Relatively easy to navigate for basic users and very easy to use for the most part. Choosing cup amount and time is very simple. It has a digital screen that displays cups, time, status. Although I prefer a stainless steel pot instead of a plastic one to help keep the coffee warmer for longer, I'm pretty happy with it for the most part. It was reasonable in price as well.

Original review: July 11, 2017

KitchenAid a reliable brand and I've always trusted it and bought their products. Never seem to disappoint me and I always seem to be coming back and purchasing their newest models. However, coffee isn't always brewed to highest quality and they could possibly make it better. I use quality coffee and it doesn't come out amazing. They could improve upon the design to make the coffee fresher and taste better. But it's not complicated at all to use, I watched a quick video on YouTube to get the gist of it. Overall I bloody love it and by far my favorite coffee maker out there right now. Couldn't imagine using any other one.

Original review: June 22, 2017

14 cup coffeemaker - Love this machine but... a month after my first one leaked so much water I recycled it, KitchenAid told me there was a recall for that issue but I was out of luck since I no longer had the unit. Tried several other makers just to go back to KitchenAid and have a maker just stop working after 3 years. Best coffee from this brand but don't want to have to buy a coffee maker every 2 or 3 years. Now I have a coffee maker that's going to be tossed. Not good for the environment to keep having to discard machines, or my wallet.

Original review: April 20, 2017

KitchenAid KCM1402CU 14-Cup Glass Carafe Coffee Maker - Contour - It's not the coffee maker itself. Worked fine. Broke my carafe and wanted to buy a new one. 1st it was 45.00 just for the carafe, but tried to order it anyway and it's been out of stock for a while. I looked up reviews and I'm not the only one. Tried buying a 14 cup generic one but it would only brew 1/2 the coffee... so now it's unusable. I tried contacting them via email. Send 2 and never got any response. I tried calling them and was on hold for over 30 minutes before I finally hung up. I give up.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

This is the worst coffee maker I have ever had-brews partial pot, shuts off without notice, won't start every time. You name a bad thing and this maker has it. I will never buy another. I should have stayed with Bunn, they're the best.

KitchenAid expert review by Jonathan Trout

Known for their cooking appliances, KitchenAid also makes an extensive line of coffee makers. Choose from multiple craft brewing methods with their press, siphon, pour-over, cold brew and espresso coffee brewers. They also offer a precision grinder so you can get the perfect grind size for each brew.

• French press: KitchenAid’s Precision Press is designed to brew coffee-shop quality French press coffee in your home. It has an integrated scale and timer so you can measure the exact ratio of grounds to water and steep it for the correct amount of time. It also has a dual-wall stainless steel carafe for great heat retention. The Precision Press costs $150.

• Siphon brewer: KitchenAid’s Siphon Coffee Brewer simplifies the process of siphon brewing for home use. It works like old siphon brewers by using vapor water pressure to push water up through the siphon tube to steep the grounds. Then, the vacuum suction draws the coffee down through the grounds. The design comes with a magnetic locking seal, durable stainless steel siphon tube and a reusable filter. The Siphon Coffee Brewer comes in two colors and costs $250.

• Pour-over: KitchenAid’s Pour Over Coffee Brewer uses technology to precisely heat and pulse water, steeping grounds in the same way as the manual pour-over process. This allows the grounds to bloom as they would during the manual process. The pour-over-style brewer comes in two models: Custom Pour Over and Pour Over. The Custom Pour Over Coffee Brewer is $200 and includes 24-hour programmability and roast and cup selector. The Pour Over Coffee Brewer costs $170.

• Espresso maker: KitchenAid’s Pro Line Espresso Maker has dual independent boilers so you can brew espresso and steam milk at the same time. It has a milk-frothing arm and latte art pitcher so you can create a coffee shop-quality latte. It can reach a boil in six minutes and has a hot water dispenser and cup warmer. The Pro Line Espresso Maker costs $1,300.

• Cold brewer: KitchenAid’s Cold Brew Coffee Maker comes in a sleek compact design, complete with a tap handle and built-in filter. It can be easily removed from your refrigerator with its portable handle. The simple design makes it easy to clean. The Cold Brew Coffee Maker costs $130.

• Best for: consumers looking to make coffee shop-quality coffee in their home.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout