Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.
Overall Satisfaction Rating
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 stars
- Improves water taste and quality
- Non-electric, powered by water
- Three softener types
- Must buy from local partners
- No upfront prices
Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,210,830 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Really didn't need customer support and it was easy to use but if I did need customer support I bet they would solve my problems in minutes. Take your water faucet and apply the product then let the water run for a while so it can get set up and then you can use to your liking. It does need some maintenance but not as much as you would think. All you have to do is get a new filter and replace them every three to four months. It was very well priced and is much cheaper than an average Brita filter and even easier to install which make a lot more valuable. Filters are very cheap too making the product even cheaper.
The support is top notch. I have never had a complaint on how they have help me when I need them. The very few time that I do they are top and show it. It installed very fast. It did not take a lot of work and I did not sit there all day wondering "What do I do?" It was a fast simple process I'm very happy with. There is no maintenance really except the regular cleaning. It is a great system. I have not had any problems and I would recommend it over and over. I love it. The price was great. I did not feel like I was getting overcharged for something that is really needed. A lot say it not but in today's world I say it a priority.
I purchased a Kinetico 2060S OD and K5 reverse osmosis system in 2013. When I purchased the unit for about $5,000.00 the salesman told me ALL the positives about a Kinetico system. He tested my well water and told me my well water was very high in iron content. If you are considering a Kinetico system, their website and salespeople will tell you ALL the positives about owning such. Allow me to fill you in on what they do not tell you. They lie via known omissions.
1) Whatever Kinetico dealer you buy the unit from, is the sole Kinetico dealer you can buy anything Kinetico from. This means you are at the mercy of your Kinetico dealer to respond to you. I am here to tell you my dealer is akin to a drug dealer. If there is money to be made, he responds immediately. If not, he takes his sweet time.
2) Kinetico has proprietary filters, so you MUST buy your filters from YOUR Kinetico dealer. WATCH OUT! My dealer was selling me a filter for $30.00 which HE installed when he put my system in, it is a sediment filter that is GENERIC. I bought the filter from him for 2 years and the second time I purchased it, he made the mistake of leaving the filter vendor, model # etc. inside the filter wrapper. I researched the filter and found it online for a cost of $4.00.
3) I had a problem with my water softener and contacted my dealer via e-mail. It was the same e-mail account he had responded to me a month previous within hours of inquiring whether he had the filters I needed in stock. He stated he did and was kind enough to put them aside for me. $140.00 later I picked up my filters and replaced them myself.
4) Kinetico establishes "local monopolies" and they will never tell the consumer this. You WILL deal with YOUR dealer if you want anything. Do you like being on bended knee to anybody after you spend 5K and are told about their 10 year warranty? If not, do not buy a Kinetico anything. They will get to you when they feel like it.5) When my concern was finally "addressed" it consisted a telephone call in which the dealer told my answering machine, "I think your unit is working fine." He
went into how long the brine wash and brine rinse cycle should take. Question: How does anybody diagnose anything mechanical unless they have telemetry telling them a problem exists OR LOOK AT IT. My dealer evidently has the power to determine such matters without even speaking to me.
6) I asked how much a "service call" would be, because I understand mechanical things have mechanical problems. That question was NEVER answered. I ask myself why that question was never answered. Well, my dealer is in Placerville, Ca. and I am in Sutter Creek, Ca. It is about 40 or so miles one way. Obviously, he has made his money, so he does not want to drive to do a "service call."
7) Perhaps you are thinking... "Well just call somebody else." You can call somebody else. They will tell you that your dealer has "exclusive" territory and they will not infringe upon that territory. So, ask yourself if you want a system with a 10 year warranty, that is as useless as the paper it is written upon. Ask yourself if this an ethical company. Ask yourself if you want to purchase a 5K headache, because what you are not told WILL come back to haunt you. Ask yourself if you want to pay $30.00 for a 4.00 filter. Ask yourself if you want to have a Headmaster who responds to you when he feels like doing so. Hopefully this helps you make an informed decision. I think it qualifies as a scam.
I purchased the top of the line Kinetico whole house water softener system in June of 2000. The unit seemed to run fine with regular service I've the last 15 years. Yesterday I came home to 2 inches of water across my entire 2,100 sq. ft. basement. The seam on one of the 4 tanks ruptured... It split open for no reason. The water line has a water reducer valve that brings the pressure to 48 psi – a way reasonable pressure for a house. Sorry but this system has a significant design flaw... unless you want gallons of uncontrollable water all over your space. DON'T BUY THIS STYLE KINETICO UNIT!
I have used this system for almost 20 years and I find myself in the midst of a conflict that I have nothing to do with. I have used Kelvin ** from Tuttle, OK for installation and service. Until 3 months ago I needed some service on my system because a plumber messed things up. After numerous calls to Kelvin without any response, I go to the Kinetico website and found another company in Edmond that services this system. I speak to the owner and they inform me they cannot service my system because corporate office says that I have to stay in my territory?!? The Edmond company was told to let the installer take care of me.
I finally get through to Mr. ** and he tells me that he cannot work on my system any longer due to the fact that Kinetico has relieved him of selling their product. I call Edmond company back and they are being told by corporate that they are not to go out of their territory!!! I have an expensive system that is in much need of service and many problems are occurring due to the lack of service. What can I do??? I need help???
The Reverse Osmosis unit was leaking again. Repairman came out, talked us into buying a $1,700 machine, he repaired nothing. Later, I called to cancel because I have a terminal disease and we cannot afford it. They then billed me. I sent a letter, explaining our situation. We never heard back from them. I sent payment, with another letter saying I was very disappointed that they did not respond. I have lost my voice, and could not call them.
Kinetico Company Information
- Social media:
- Company Name:
- Company Type:
- 10845 Kinsman Road
- Postal Code:
- United States