4.5/5 (282 ratings)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I purchased a whole house water conditioner softener from Kinetico. We already had a water softener but we needed to replace it. I've been using Kinetico at another factory and in a residence that we have in Pennsylvania. Kinetico has a better design and longevity record from my other past experiences. They've serviced it a couple of times and have been checking on it. They're doing very well. Everything was perfect and the interaction with their reps was very good and so was their service. The old system was wearing down and had some problems with it. The water changed too and we needed a better filtration system and conditioning on it, which Kinetico provided for us. There has been a very big improvement after their service. If people want to eliminate the problems with their water, Kinetico is the one to go with.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

The well water where I live was horrible so I got the whole house reverse osmosis from Kinetico, everyone knows about them. I spoke with reps who were very knowledgeable, friendly and easy to talk to. There wasn't a question I asked that they didn't have an answer for. And the installers were incredible as well. After they put the water system in, pure water was in every part of my house and it was like drinking water out of any faucet. The difference was like night and say. The water didn't smell. I sold the house and I moved into a condo and I can't stand the chlorine in the water. I'm saving up for the Kinetico system for my condo.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Kinetico's system works great and I’m pleased with it. It does its job. We bought the whole house water softener. It is the one that I can take with me when I leave my home. We just called them, they made the appointment and the gentleman showed up. The guy who pitched it set it up. It was so simple. You put the box in, put the tanks in and that’s the end of it. I can feel the difference since we had the water softener. It's like trying to rinse my body from a shower. I feel like I still have soap or lotion on my body. And Kinetico just makes me feel clean. If you hand wash your dishes, your soap sides last longer. You notice it in your washing machine as well. Everything you do, you notice a difference. You need to use less soap. Anybody who has hard water ought to get a water softener.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I have very hard well water and was unable to prevent rust in the toilet tanks. The old softener about one a month produced harder water that smelled. Always felt not great after shower. Kinetico is amazing. Hair is soft after shower, rust is gone from toilet tanks. One of best investments ever. Big mistake if you buy anything else. My wife loves the feel of her hair after a shower-nice and fluffy. Amazing soft water even with hard well water.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

The office staff was very friendly and professional. I was directed to the Water Specialist (Jim **) who was very responsive and informational. He came to my home and gave me a price for the new filtration system. They returned a few days later and installed it. This system is amazing and will never go back to not having one. Such a wonderful experience all around. I highly recommend this Company to all of my friends and family in the area.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

BUYER BEWARE. This is the biggest rip off I have EVER experienced. They will come and tell you your old system is terrible and not doing the job and upsell you to $6,000 of Non-Working equipment. Our softener was installed on 6/28, by 7/12 our water was brown and smelly so we called for them to come out and fix it. The technician said the installer set the recycle times too far apart... it worked for approx 2-3 weeks and then not cycling again. Called our salesman out of town and no return call. Has not cycled in over 1 month. I call them to come and remove it, was told there was a 1 year warranty, guy on the phone says it is only 60 days. With this being said I just spent $6,000 on a product that has NEVER and I repeat Never worked but they will do nothing about it.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

We have a high manganese content in our water. The Kinetico dealer said his system would filter it. I had problems with the back wash system not turning off and switched the tank on and off. He said this had fixed it although I have never been sure. I had the water tested and it was still high in manganese. He said the well pressure tank needed more air to make filtering effective. (This pressure tank is not part of the Kinetico system.) The manganese now tests below the toxic level but still not the zero the dealer promised. He turned up the valve on the air pressure tank and it is now running every time I turn on the water. When I contacted Kinetico customer service they merely referred it back to the dealer and indicated they don't deal with problems.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I was quoted $5 plus change for a replacement filter and when my husband picked three up, he was charged $45 for three. I have tried to rectify this over the past month, and STILL I have not received the difference back. One of their employees NEVER returned my calls after she said she would get back to me. She did this 4 separate times. I learned, after the 3rd call, to call her back because her word was no good. Online, they quote $4.78 per filter. So WHY was my husband charged $45 for three??? Worst company I have dealt with in 25 years! NEVER AGAIN will I give them 1 cent! I will be reporting them to BBB too.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Avoid Kinetico water filters. Our Kinetico K5 system broke while in use, and caused significant water damage. Kinetico REFUSED to pay for the damage. Our system was installed a couple of years ago by one of their dealers. Kinetico is blaming us so that they don't have to pay a dime. Their unit failed, it cracked. Kinetico also refused to put their "engineer's decision" in writing. We cannot trust Kinetico in our house. THIS WAS A WASTE OF MONEY AND HAS COST US THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO CLEAN UP THE MESS. PLUS OUR TIME!!! We will use MultiPure system in the future. MultiPure is also NSF certified. It is made of stainless steel, NOT cheap plastic that cracks like Kinetico -- which is NOT NSF certified.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Kinetico softener at my home has their info on it. Because I am second owner of home/system, I am not in their database as paying customer. They admit my product has valid Kinetico S/N, but I cannot show receipt from purchase. So, they will not sell replacement drain line for product - even though I want to pay for product. Simply won't help out current owners of these very high dollar systems. And odd-ball size drain line cannot be purchased at big box stores or plumbing supply stores - proprietary drain line. Avoid Kinetico.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Installing dealer went out of business. Closets dealer wants to charge nearly $1,000 per trip to look at. Corporate has a marketing scheme to keep competition non-existent. No support as to operation, warranty, replacement or service items, unless performed by a "Dealer". This appears to be a multi-level marketing scheme where the most dollars are extracted from as many duped owners as possible. Excessively proprietary design, dealer protection, and customer unfriendly. This is a successful corporate culture and business model at the expense of the buyer. Worse than Culligan!

Original review: June 22, 2017

The system itself has worked great BUT Pat (our salesman) said he would be in touch a couple weeks after the sale. He also gives a big speech when he initially comes to your home about being a family run business and how his dad started it and that the customer service is awesome, blah blah blah.. After we got it, we never heard from him again. We bought a new house and had it moved and it cost 105 an hour plus some fee tacked on to that! Was around 600+ $$$, just to move and install at our new home. Crazy!! Pat is also a bit patronizing & I always feel like he talks to me like I'm an idiot. I'd shop around as our whole house system cost 5k and I'm not sure that you can't better deal somewhere else..

Original review: June 22, 2017

I was a 17 year customer and they stole $15k from me 2 years ago when I upgraded to their whole home RO system which killed my water pressure to where a shower wouldn't run if a toilet flushed. They told me there was nothing they could do about it, charged me another $1k to take it away, and they kept it with no refund. Who has $15k to throw away?! They were mostly worried about paying someone 4 hours to take it out and tried to sell me another system. Water pressure is perfect with it gone. This is how they take care of their long term customers?! RUN FAR AWAY!!!

Original review: June 16, 2017

The system was install by Jason ** who was efficient and explained the entire process before and after. He was clean and very professional. We have only positive results with this system. It made a huge difference in our water and could not be more pleased! Jennifer, who sold us the Kinetico system followed up with us and came back to check the water. She and Jason are exceptional customer service employees. They should receive 5 gold stars!

Original review: May 16, 2017

I am really surprised by the bad reviews I ran across about the Kinetico. We have lived in three different homes, and have always had a whole house softener and a reverse osmosis installed by Kinetico. Currently we live in Ocala and are on a private well. We have a 2060 installed for the color and spotting we noticed in the toilets when we moved in and we also have a K5 reverse osmosis for our drinking water.

Honestly, we couldn't live without it. Besides the great service we have always had with Kinetico, the systems are wonderfully simple. We add salt about 6-7 months and since it was installed we have had 1 filter change on the reverse osmosis. In over 25 years, we have never had any major issues with our Kinetico units. Would never recommend anything else to our friends. You can't beat the Kinetico.

Original review: April 28, 2017

My Kinetico was poorly installed. The pipes leak water in my garage and they want $75 just to walk in the door and then pay them more to fix it. It is only 3 years old. This is an expensive unit, $2900 to have leaky pipes.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I had just moved into my new home. Leaving behind my Culligan softener and Osmosis system which I was very happy with product and service. I chose to spend less on a new system by going with Kinetico. I was concerned if by doing so, I would get less of product warranty and customer service. My concerns were correct! Since my Kinetico install 5 months ago, I have not had any follow up visits as promised. I'm not sure if my system is working as it should. I was sold a product then forgotten.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

We bought this water softener a couple years ago. We have had difficulty and issues from day one. The water softener has never worked correctly and we have attempted numerous times to get in touch with someone to help us get it repaired. We have tried calling and emailing Kinetico. We will leave a message but NEVER a return call in 3 years, and no return email. Now to add insult to injury when the softener recharges somehow the water is incredibly salty. The price of these softeners are such that we expected stellar service and reliability but we have been sorely disappointed. When the softener works it is good, but the service after the sale is non-existent. Buyer Beware!!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

After 5 years of smelly water and corrosion on house faucets and appliances I decided to call Kinetico Water Systems... The territory manager Rick ** came to my home. He took several samples of water and explained the results of each one... He explained how the Kinetico System would cure this problem along with its function and complete rundown on how the system works... I found Mr. ** to be knowledgeable and patient as he answered my many questions that day. The installation crew was punctual and work was completed in a timely manner. They were polite and did an excellent job. Mr. ** then returned to our home and gave us a complete and thorough lesson on how to operate and maintain the water system. I would highly recommend these people and the Kinetico Water System.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

After reading the reviews I should have paid more attention to the ones that stated there was no service after the sale. The area representative stated he would check the performance of my system in a week or so to see how the system was performing. Over a month later and after two phone messages to the rep, I have not heard from him. The Kinetico rep was glad to take the money and then just disappeared.

For a $4,400.00 water treating system I still have no idea how well it is working. I would not recommend Kinetico as there are no instructions for the system, no operational guidelines and no service after the sale. Don't buy Kinetico, there are many other reputable water treatment companies.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

They are very helpful with all my silly nonsense questions and the product is fantastic. Very simple to use. I am so glad I invested in this product. Very simple for such a wonderful product. Step by step. Easy to read instructions Manual and the taste is to die for. Not sure how I'd live without this product. Simply change the filter with the filter that came with the product and then when I run out of those they're very inexpensive to get replacement filters. Value is great in my eyes. This product is priceless. Me and all my family love and own this product. I'm always telling people to purchase this if they haven't.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

They were kind, knowledgeable, considerate, caring, easy to work with, and very quick to be helpful. They were prompt to help me or address my concerns and also their tech was very considerate and respectful. They did a very good job. Their technician was a fast worker and knew exactly what he was doing. It's pretty self-explanatory and user-friendly. The technician was helpful in his instructions and from there it was pretty easy to run and care for. Almost perfectly self-maintained. Totally recommend this, especially for the price cuz water gallons in the store might only be around a buck, but they add up really quickly, so the value for the money is completely with it.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

Their customer support is great! They are there willing to help you with any problem or concern that you have, and are super kind when you're being difficult. It is no different than any other water cleaner. It is just as easy to install and will get working as soon as you are done installing it. It is easy to maintain and follow the maintenance guides. It is super easy to clean and fix when having trouble with it. I love this machine! It is super inexpensive, and it works great! Does everything I need it to do. It cleans and is extremely easy to maintain. I'm sure other cleaners like this one are a lot more expensive.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

Answered questions quickly. Treated me like I was important. Wasn't transferred all over. Customer service representative was knowledgeable, curious, respectful polite & very helpful. Easily installed. Installer knew about product & took time to explain exactly what he was doing. After installation complete took time to demonstrate & answer questions. Inquired what if anything was wrong. Made sure all my issues, if I had any, were addressed. Double checked everything. I researched all products available and found this to be the best value for the money. With the great customer service, knowledgeable installers, overall cost it just made sense.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Very helpful and understanding. Knew what I wanted help with and courteous to boot. Will definitely recommend to friends and family. They had the ability to solve my problem fast. Though I've only used them once for a simple task. We had a very small crew come in and started putting together the pipes and giant liquid container machine. They worked fast and with precision while I was watching making sure it was done correctly. Good crew and good to talk to. Got the job done early in the evening with little to no problems.

As far as maintenance goes, we only had it checked after a couple of days with the tech guy to make sure it is still in good and tip-top shape after the installation. Other than that we are still breaking in the new purifier. I thought what I paid for was, at first, a little pricey, but after talking to the guys and some friends, they reassured my purchase for me. I don't regret it now and I think the value for the machine is worth it.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

They were better than some, but less helpful than others. I believe there is better water suppliers out there. But all in all it was a decent experience. It was tedious, but better than some as far as installations go. Once again there are easier options to go with. So in the end I chose a different system. It was a bit of a hassle, but that may just be par for the course when it comes to this type of thing. But it wasn't terrible to maintain. I'm a water snob so it takes a lot to please me. I prefer to have water that is completely taste free. It's alright for the price though.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

I've decided to use this system because I needed a way to conserve water and I knew that this was the best way to do it. I really want to do as much as possible to help this country which is why I did this. I wanted better water for me and my family so I went with this system. The installation process was a little expensive but it was easy. It was easy to schedule it and it was a breeze for the people that installed it.

The maintenance isn't really as bad as I thought it would be. Its maintenance needs a lot of attention but you are saving money in the process. Its value is great! It was a little expensive to get but when I think about how much money I am saving per year with this water system, I smile. When you buy water from the store, the more you buy water, the more you spend so it's easier to just run water, clean it and drink. Save money!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

The customer support is great. They are very friendly and are willing to help. You can't compare their service to other. They are the best in what they do. The installation process is quick and easy. It is the best setup you can ever have. I highly recommend. The installation step it is easy to work with and install. The product maintenance is a little difficult but it is not the hardest thing to do. it is costly to do but it is well worth it. Do not compare to others maintenance. The perceived value is great. You will get your money's worth. No pain no gain. You have to give a little to gain a little. It is okay to do so believe in them.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

The customer support is extremely helpful in answering any questions I may have. They will also work with me if I so happen to be late on a payment. They always make sure that I am satisfied. Installation was very quick, did not take long at all. The hours that they came to install were very reasonable and they did not take their time (taking breaks). The maintenance is very easy to take care of myself but if I do so happen to have a problem with my system they will send a guy right away over to me. The value for this service is very affordable and well within my budget. The price for this service is outstanding to the quality product that I received.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

Customer service was very helpful and pretty friendly. They seemed knowledgeable about the services offered and made sure to offer any current deals and discounts. The installation went smoothly. It was quicker than I expected and the service men were kind, helpful and polite. Also knowledgeable and very efficient in doing their job. The system is easy to keep up with and since mine is rather new I haven't had any severe maintenance issues. The upkeep in general is pretty simple and easy. I paid a little more than I had intended but overall, it's worth it. The system works great and requires simple upkeep. Customer service is awesome so it's a great value and worth the money spent.

Kinetico Company Information