4.5/5 (289 ratings)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I talked to people from the secretary all the way up to the guy who runs Kinetico's branch here and they were all pleasant and good. There were a lot of problems, but they were able to deal with them. For example, I called them when I came home and found my garage flooded. At 11 o’clock at night, a man came out and told me that they had screwed up when they installed the water softener. He spent an hour and a half and fixed it. Two days later, I opened the garage door and there was water again. Kinetico determined that I have impervious cover underground so the untreated water went right back into the garage. They had to send a guy out to drain. By this time I know they have lost money because of all the labor and stuff.

Then the water purifier under the sink that they also installed would not work. This was the fourth problem that I've had. I called and talked to the head guy because I was ready to have them come yank the whole thing out because I thought this was more of a problem than I've ever imagined and I don’t want it anymore. They sent me to a manager and then it went all the way up to the highest position. Jay convinced me to keep the system. They sent someone to change out the machine under the sink. That was close to February last year and I've not had any further problems with it.

I'm very happy now. It was problem after problem, but the people at Kinetico were professional. Some of the problems were completely preventable if they had done the installation right the first time. But they did what they said they would do and kept their word. For that I'm very grateful. I would recommend them to anybody else. In fact, I've had other people ask me about my experience and I said they're good. I'm next to Lake Travis outside of Austin and it's known for its limestone. It was very difficult to clean the shower glass and the dishwasher was cloudy, but that’s been resolved now. I enjoy the water softener very much.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

We have hard water in the area leaving my skin really dry, my hair brittle and all our fixtures stained. I have a friend that uses Kinetico Water Systems and she recommended that I check them out. We did the water filtration system or the RO system and the water softener system with the brine tank. Setting up our appointment was really easy. I did it online and then I had somebody call me back within 24 hours which was impressive because I did it on a Saturday. I had to reschedule my appointment twice but they were very flexible and they were great about that.

The sales person who came was great and very knowledgeable. They did live demonstrations and then the rep sat down with us and answered every question that I had and he was very flexible with us on financing too. I used to work in industrial water treatment and I have some background knowledge of how the systems work and Kinetico seemed to be the most knowledgeable of the various companies that I had spoken with. Also, it was less of a sales pitch than the others.

The installation team was beyond phenomenal. We bought it on a Saturday and the following Tuesday, we were having them install it. So, that was incredible and then the person who came over called before he got there and made sure it was still a good time. I showed the installer where everything was and he gave me an outline of how long he thought it would take them to set everything up. The installer went above and beyond in showing the parts of the system and when he was done, my husband and I walked through the entire system including how it works, what he set-up and how they take all of the different equipment. If we had any question, we knew exactly what we were looking at equipment-wise.

Since installing the system, I don’t have to clean my shower every day so that’s awesome. But, we end up drinking a lot more water because it’s more satisfying than the water that we had before. That’s the huge feature of the filtration system. Also, there’s no residue on my dishes and on my appliances anymore. I don’t have to use nearly as much dishwasher soap, soap in the washer, shampoo, anything. It has been great all around. I would definitely recommend them to anybody that has asked.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I bought a water softener from Kinetico a few years ago. We're in Minnesota and we needed it bad for our rentals. Our water area has a lot of rust and I needed to get a good system for our tenants in them. When I dealt with Kinetico, they did what they said they were going to do. They're good and people should go for it.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

When we bought our home, the water was hard and tested for E.coli. We drink a lot of water and we wanted to be able to drink our water and know that it's good water for drinking. So, we called Kinetico and they came out the next day. We bought a water softening system as well as a water filtering system. The gentleman who installed the system worked the whole day and did a great job. He was also very informative and explained everything, like how often he'd come out and change the filters and how often we should change the filters. We've had the system for five months now and the water has tasted better and has been clearer. It's like power water. The experience has been great and professional from start to finish. It was one of the best I've ever experienced.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Kinetico Water Systems got a great reputation, but right now, I'm not really happy. In the last couple of months, our water is not as soft as it should be and it was definitely not the way it was when the system was first installed. So I had them come out and check it and they said that it was fine. But we take showers and it still feels hard.

Hi Jim,

Many thanks for the feedback. If there is anything we can do to improve, tell us about it at customersupport@kinetico.com

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Setting up our appointment with Kinetico Water Systems was flawless because our saleslady was really good. She was our third-party throughout the entire process. She was there to calm us down in all the hiccups, headaches and nightmares. We bought the water softener and the installation team was here about three times before it actually got installed and each time, they had the ample opportunity to install it as it was at the timeline but they didn't. They said that they couldn't do anything because there wasn't a well. I told them that walls will be put up so they better put up their waterline.

My plumber overheard the conversation so he took it upon himself to rough in the lines. However, there were a couple of lines that my plumber did not know about but the installation team did. Now, we have exposed water lines in the finished part of the basement which is not very nice. Other than it not working, for it must have been six months, and using 800 pounds of salt in two months, I'm not satisfied with Kinetico at all and I would not recommend them to anybody.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for making us aware of your concerns and providing us the opportunity to improve matters.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We're on a well and we had some really hard water. Setting up the appointment with Kinetico went okay. The best part of the whole deal was our salesperson, Joey at Orlando Water. He couldn’t be more helpful. He kept checking, and coming by and bringing a little salt, beyond the time that he was supposed to. Then we had some issues with the system. He rallied the troops, got them out here and got everything reset and recalibrated. He was very honest. When he came out and tested the water, it wasn’t that bad, but after talking to him, we felt like going ahead and see if we can clean it up even more. We've got good water but it has enough mineral in it that we wanted it to be removed. Since then, coffee and water taste better, the toilets do not get iron buildup and the icemaker works a whole lot better. It's hard to believe that that little bit of effort really made a big difference in the quality of the water.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I had a cheap Microline RO system and it was always a pain to change the filters. Then I had a problem with the iron filter as it was spitting on some of the beads. And we had that fixed. My wife was buying water and she had said this stuff that we were getting upset her stomach. Kinetico is the leading provider and they had the reputation, so I called and had them come over. We have a well and we have a big tank that water goes into first and there's air in that. It gets rid of the sulfur smell as it oxidizes the sulfur. Their rep took some of the water out and did a test on the water and showed us everything. That went very well as he was very knowledgeable and he answered all my questions. We started with an RO system then I asked about the water softener.

The only thing was the K5 RO system that I got has so many filters in there. Also, I noticed that the side panel is missing and the filter is sticking out. It's not a big deal but it would be nice to have something that can be put on there to keep the dust out of the insides. We got the service so the next time they're going to come to replace the filters, I could ask them. The system was expensive but you pay for what you get and it's a pretty good system so far. They pretty much replaced everything and I didn’t expect that. The water tastes good and it measured at 0 parts per million. I've got a TDS meter that's on the RO system and I've got a regular tap and it doesn’t go really like the RO.

The Kinetico is better than what I used to. Plus, they have good service and they offer a service where they can come and replace the filters for a monthly charge. Otherwise, I can buy the filters myself and replace them. They don’t look that hard to replace except for the sediment filter because it's behind the unit and we don’t have a lot of room down there. I would recommend Kinetico wholeheartedly. If you want to buy a system for less than 400 bucks, go get a cheap one, but they're not going to do the job that Kinetico does.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Our water was terrible. It was very hard and yellow. We were using bottled water for a long time. Kinetico installed the water softener, the drinking water filter and the whole house filter. The people from Kinetico had to come out and do the water test prior to installing it. After the installation, we can drink the water, wash clothes with it, and then shower and not feel scratchy. My experience with Kinetico was perfect all the way around and the reps I've talked to were wonderful. I would recommend others to buy Kinetico's water system. It's absolutely outstanding!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Kinetico was great all the way around. The guy from Kinetico was knowledgeable, took his time, did a good job and a good clean-up. I’ve had the water softener here for about 11 years. I purchased the RO system for drinking water and because of it the water has no smell. They only need to improve on their price.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We had hard water so we set up our appointment with Kinetico and the people that we spoke with were very nice. We got a water softener and our dealing with their salesman and installer went very well. They went through a demonstration of how the system is going to work and how to change the filter. Since we got our Kinetico water sysem, there's a huge difference in the quality and the softness of our water. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I purchased a kitchen sink water system from Kinetico and I had a good experience with them. We just moved here in May and there was some light gunk on my stuff. And then there were some concerns about some chemical spillage from the 3M plant that’s not too far from here. I have small kids and I want to make sure everything’s good. Brian, the sales rep was very nice. He came and demonstrated what water was in it and what the products did. He was not pushy at all about the sales piece of it and was really understanding about the cost and how we had to try to figure out how it can work within our budget. He was great.

It took a couple of months from when he came out until we figured out how to incorporate it into the budget. We just got the drinking water. There was a confusion about if we were going to do the financing or the payment but other than that, the installation was really quick and the installation guy was pleasant. Right now, there's a difference in the water and even the ice cubes are clearer. I totally love it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I had a Kinetico water softener but it wasn't working properly since the iron had built up in it. I called them to get someone to come out to look at it as it needed to be adjusted. The service guy then came and he was good and knowledgeable. Apparently, the unit needed a whole new overhaul so we traded for a new one. The new one is doing a lot better job than the old one, and I’m satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We've always been interested in having better water since our water was very hard and better drinking water is always a good thing. I purchased the RO System from Kinetico and it was installed inside. There weren’t a lot of RO options around and Kinetico was one of the first ones I found regarding filtrations as opposed to other systems. It was also a better long-term solution in terms of what we need to replace the filters and it made more sense.

I’m happy with their products and what we have, but I had to finish the installation myself. They should have followed up with me on that. They also broke the faucet so I had to get a new one. Other consumers may be more upset with that but it was a faucet they weren’t used to installing and that was fine since I’ve done lots of plumbing in my days.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We moved from one location to another and in doing so, we left the water softener behind that we had for 40 years. We were very used to having one and knowing what it could do for everything involved with our life. When we moved into this new place, they didn’t have a water softener here. So we knew almost immediately after using the water here that someday we would get one. We spoke to a gentleman and they came and tested our water. We liked what the presentation was and thought it would serve us best. Then we purchased the water softener of Kinetico for the whole house.

The rep who we spoke with was very friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and was able to answer all of our questions. He saw the little amount of area that we had to put a water softener in and was able to meet those needs. Also, the installation guys were very thorough. They knew exactly what they had to do. They came out to install the water softener, came right away to check on what they had done and double checked that everything was working properly and it was done the way it should’ve been done. All in all, it was an experience that we would highly recommend to anybody. This water softener is not only more efficient, but it's also more economical compared to the one we had before. I went from wearing jeans that were like cardboard to wearing something that was nice and soft again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I had Kinetico 25 years ago and then, got a softener and RO system installed in my new home since the nitrates are high in the area that I'm at. I'm a home builder and I had worked with their area representative in the past. Everything was fine with the setting up, the representatives, and the installation. And it was good that they have a free water test. I recommend Kinetico all the time.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

The Kinetico representative was able to answer my questions and she also tested the water for free. I got their water softener system and the installation went along well. But I had to go all the way up to Daytona to get the stuff I needed. Other than that, our water is softer since the installation and everything seems to be working fine. We're satisfied with it.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

There was no water softener in the house when we bought it, and my wife and child have dry skin. We had a RainSoft in our last house but decided to go with Kinetico this time. The rep called and told me they can do it, and it was done. Kinetico did everything, and the experience was great. They did the free water test too. I told them they didn't have to, but they went with it anyway. The installation team was in and out, and another guy came back and then checked a week later. Kinetico is as expensive as hell but it works great. This is the first time in 20 years that I drink water off our faucet.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

We had a hard water built up in our home and our things were not getting clean in the washer. We had our water tested by another system several years ago and they found a small amount of nitrate in the water. Since then we had been using bottled water. We had kids and we were just upheld by the fact that we would have all that plastics thrown in the garbage. A lot of our clients are resort people. They own resorts and my husband started asking them questions about their water filter, their water and how they took care of that. We were warned that it was quite expensive but Kinetico was the best company that we heard of and we're happy with it. I got a water softener and a water filter from them.

The rep was very informational and he knew the product. I kept telling them I need to know the price and he kept telling me more information about it and that what time it was coming. He was very pleasant. The installer was very nice and informational as well. The only thing is I'm not sure what to do now. He left me information and I can go back and read that. But, I keep checking it or keep having thoughts that I need to check it sooner or fill it up.

Before, my husband's shirts were completely ruined. There were sweat marks and then the laundry detergent would stick to that. And we ended up throwing them away. With Kinetico, I don't have to do that anymore. They're coming clean and that's amazing to me. And our shower is cleaner and we don't have to buy the water bottles anymore. The water tastes great and I would recommend Kinetico to friends but I would also let them know about the price.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I’ve had a Kinetico water softener system for six years. One reason I purchased from them was place. Secondly, I know the guys and the quality of work they do. But when I first looked into it, I had concerns about the particular unit that I have selected. I spoke to a guy twice at length about the plus and minus of the system and I felt comfortable with what he was telling me. Plus I also did my own research. When the installation guys came over, they installed it in half a day and were clean. It was perfect. Kinetico is local and price-competitive, and they do a phenomenal job. I’d tell my friends to give them a try.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I'm retired from the army and I fixed the reverse osmosis water purification system for the military so I know what should be and what shouldn't be in the water. I also worked on some infrastructure and as an engineer designer for many, many years for Orange County. I was a developer so I know that the quality of the water is not the best.

When I called Kinetico, they were quick to work and they came right away. Other companies that I called up could take a week before they could help somebody. The sales team also answered all my questions, and were very knowledgeable about the system and water in general. The plumber who came to do the installation was very knowledgeable too and he moved very fast and very smoothly throughout the process. I got a whole water softener for the house and a reverse osmosis system for potable drinking water. The water is now much better including the taste and with the laundry. There's no itching after a shower too. Kinetico is the best system in my opinion, and I've told some of my neighbors about the system.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Our water was hard and so we got a single tank and a reverse osmosis system from Kinetico. I set up the appointment and the guy got in here in recorded time. He had his tooth broken in half and was in an excruciating pain. I felt bad for him so I told him that he could come back after he gets that taken care of, but he suffered through it and hooked everything up. He even spent the time to go through everything with me and that was hard for him. He said that it took a long time that day along with what he normally would have taken and he apologized for that.

I had a free water test before the installation but I also wanted one after. And the salesman said that he would do that for us, so I'm waiting for something. I fell in my tub, the mat came lose and I'm wondering if the water is too soft or maybe the mat needs to be cleaned or get a new one instead. Nevertheless, I feel a lot better now and I don't see the residue in the sink, in the dishwasher, and the bathtub after having the Kinetico products. I'm very satisfied with Kinetico and I would recommend them to others. Somebody was asking me about how we liked the reverse osmosis and I told them that it's great.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

When I bought the house at a foreclosure, Kinetico was the company on it then. I then got a service contract with them, and they stood for everything that I paid for, for four years now. We have a well, so it is filthy water, and because I'm a contractor, it's something I know. It's not city water. So I got a reverse osmosis system from them. That's what I've always used when I was there. The water's perfect for me and my wife loves it. We have no complaints.

The only time I ever have to call them is because I have a problem, and usually, it's a major one. Scheduling them is about as simple as it gets. You just call the office and tell them you got a problem. They came out there the last time at 5:00 till almost 9:00 at night trying to fix the problem. And of course he fixed the problem. They're definitely service-oriented. They're very responsible, responsive, and a customer oriented company. I never had a problem with Kinetico, ever. It usually takes them a couple of hours to get out there. I'm about to sell my house and build another house, and I'm going to take Kinetico with me to my new house. And I've recommended them to everybody I know.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I was concerned with the water quality and health so I researched for water softener. I Googled on what was rated high and Kinetico had a good rating. I tried to find if they sell it in my area. The price point was also a reason I purchased from Kinetico. I called and they made an appointment. Then, they came out and looked at my system. I ended up having to do extra work to have the water softened and where it was going to go. I purchased the water filtration reverse from them. I took advantage of their free water test when I had an issue. Recently, I had products reinstalled in my house that I purchased. One guy installed it and he was good. The water’s quality and the taste are good. Plus, I have the assurance that I’m drinking safe water. I have recommended Kinetico to a friend.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Back in 2004, we were at the Minnesota State Fair and we saw Kinetico's presentation. My husband decided, he was going to switch water softeners because of the pricing at the time. When we got a divorce and sold that house, I moved into a townhouse. I wanted the good tasting water that I had been living with for 13 years because I’m in Plymouth, Minnesota and the water is not good. The smell was almost nauseating to me. The townhouse came with a water softener from Commers and the water smelled bad and tasted bad. I called Kinetico and had them come put a system in for me. Aquarius provides the service for my Kinetico. They come out twice a year to change all my filters and they test the water. They were such a great team and Kinetico should keep Aquarius always.

I also did an extra thing for extra filtration on the drinking water. Kinetico took it to my refrigerator and then to my ice machine. My sink just has regular Plymouth unsoftened water so I can water my plants. But the cold water out of my refrigerator and my ice is made out of good Kinetico water. I started a new job, and it’s not far from my house, and they also have crappy water. I drink a lot of water, so every day I fill these plastic 32-ounce water bottles. I take two of them to work with me so I have my own Kinetico water. It’s a stellar product and I have told many people about it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We got tired of drinking water that didn’t taste good. We saw the Kinetico water systems being advertised saying that it was worth a try. They were telling us that we were going to have good drinking water. We called the company here in town and they sent a woman out that was very knowledgeable. She told us about the unit and was with us all the way through the installation. Kinetico is the one that we were working with. They were helping us and telling us that we were going to have good drinking water which we do.

The installers were here for a day and they were also very knowledgeable in what they were doing. They installed the system per their instruction. They did well and we were satisfied with it. When they were finished, the unit was sitting out there and everything else had been cleaned up. The drinking water is probably the best that I’ve had in the 40 something years that I’ve lived in Florida. Kinetico puts out a good product. However, there were sections of the drinking water status that I was not happy with and my wife said it’s the ice maker.

Also, it’s loud enough that unless we're doing something which creates a loud sound, we can hear it. I called to get some relief from the noise and I was told that we have to live with it or spend a hundred and something dollars. If I had it all to do over again, I probably would have chosen someone else. Even though it accomplished what we were going for, which is the best drinking water, it caused concern that we couldn’t get rid of that after noise. People should be prepared to withstand the noise after the system is in and running for a while.

Hi John,

Thanks for letting us know of the sound you experienced from your drinking water system.

The local installer let us know that they were able resolve the issue.

Please let us know if there is additional assistance we can provide.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We needed to replace the water filtration system that we had and decided on getting Kinetico. We found them online and the reps did a really nice job explaining what they had available. They were also very timely and nice to work with. And then, the installers were very nice and attentive too. Everything went really well with the installation and since then our water has been much better. The taste is great and the water pressure is good. So overall, it's quite nice.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I bought a water softener and an RO from Kinetico Water Systems. They're good but they are a little spendy. I bought the one I had in my house 20 something years ago, and it went down. I paid good money for that thing and it did a wonderful job. Setting up an appointment with them went well and they came to test my water when they were supposed to. Although I already knew what it was, we verified that and figured out the system that I needed. I knew which one I already needed anyway, but then they showed me what the packages were and I needed the RO too. Everything went well and within seven days of my first phone call the thing was in and done.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

My old water system before didn’t work anymore. One of Kinetico's water systems runs by itself and doesn't require electricity so, I went with them. Setting up the appointment was easy, they came out and explained things. A couple of days after, they took the old one out and put the new one in. I got four tanks, the softener box and the filter plus, I got a tank under the sink with the two cartridges for the drinking water. I’m so used to the soft water and it does a pretty good job because the salt has gone down a little bit. On the other hand, the drinking water is not working right anymore so, I turned the valve off.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for this feed back and the opportunity it provides for us to improve your experience.

We understand that your local installer has been on site to assist. We trust that your concerns are resolved.

Please feel free to contact us customersupport@kinetico.com or 800.944.9283 should you need additional assistance.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I bought a property that had hard water. It was recently remodeled and there were iron stains in a lot of the fixtures like the toilet. I was concerned about getting the iron and the stuff like calcium that made the water hard. My property is also on a site that's contaminated by 3M so there are toxins in the groundwater. It may be okay for a grown man to drink such water but not for a pregnant woman or a small child. I thought it would be better safe than sorry. I did some research online and found Kinetico, which has good reviews. Based on what I read, it seemed like a good solution plus they're local. They've been around for a while.

They called me, we set up a time and I met there. They had to come back one time to deal with a secondary issue though. But they were responsive and dealt with my issues in a professional manner. They also performed a free water test on the side, in front of me and it was interesting. The installer was good too. They dropped a rug in the front door, they wore their booties so they didn't mess up the rugs and they explained everything to me in pretty decent detail. They also worked around some interesting logistics problems that we had as far as locating the unit. Kinetico has provided me with good service and good product. I got their water softener and the filtration system for the drinking water. Overall, I'm happy and I've recommended it to a few people.

Kinetico Company Information