4.5/5 (261 ratings)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: March 10, 2018

I had a spring and a well, but the well wasn’t hooked up. A contact in Home Depot told me about Kinetico and I ended up purchasing a home water system from them. I have it for almost two years now and I like it because of the water and and the four different treatments for total dissolved solids and chloroforms. Also, previously, the dishwasher wasn't getting the dishes clean with the change of either detergent or the designs. But now, it's doing pretty well. Overall, we’re pleased with the product we got from them. It's expensive and I spent more money on it than I wanted to spend, but it was worth it. I could have gone out, got some equipment myself, and spent less money, but I didn’t want to take the time.

Original review: March 10, 2018

We had Culligan bottles and they weren't working as well as I wanted. We were paying for it by the month and they would just bring us bottles and swap them out. I saw Kinetico's presentation at the country fair and got a whole house system and then the RO for the sink for drinking. Setting up an appointment with them was easy and the representative that came out explained to us what they had and gave us some pricing. And then they installed the system which didn't take very long. I'm a licensed water and waste water treatment plant operator so I was familiar with what the installer was doing.

We really like the RO for making ice and the refrigerator and drinking purposes. It also made a big difference in washing of the clothes since our water was pretty bad with high iron and some Manganese. The RO removed all of it. However, the filter expands off a bit, but other than that, we've been satisfied and happier now that the water's better and I recommended it to friends and family.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I purchased a double tank with a filter and an additional filter where it comes into the tanks. I had to get some iron out of the water because it's in a well and the system softens the water. The appointment was very informative. The system and the people who came were good. I was surprised with the results of the water test and judging from what we have, the system that we got would take care of the problem, and it does. We have no iron or egg smell in the water. Every once in a while, we get a little salty taste when it re-cycles through the salt but it's nothing that's offensive. I drained our place out for the winter and I had to pull the tanks in because of the weather conditions. And when I hooked up the system last year, one tank had blackened. It didn't look like it was functioning so I'm going to have it checked this spring when I reinstall it. But I recommended Kinetico to friends. They bought the system and they're satisfied with it.

Original review: March 9, 2018

We just got a new property and we were in need of a water filtration system. I heard about Kinetico from friends and family, and so I decided to do a research on them. After the research, I thought Kinetico offered a good product and we chose to go with them. We were able to meet with our rep in person. He came, tested the water quality and was able to put us in line with the equipment that we were needing to help with the filtration of the home. I like that Kinetico product was able to offer what others weren’t, whether it would be the warranty or just the history of customers being satisfied with their product. The installation team did what they had to do and they showed and walked me through how the system works. We definitely have a softer water now, which is a big difference. We didn’t have one prior to having this put in our home. Overall, it’s been a great experience and it's definitely a good bang for our buck.

Original review: March 8, 2018

It was very professional when they came out to test our water. We had dark orange water that needed to be changed. They are cost efficient and am so glad we picked this company. The water is smooth clear and everything you want for a family to have. Very safe and sterile. Thank you so much and I would recommend Kinetico to everyone!

Hi Grabriell,

Great feedback! Thanks for taking the time to let us know of your experience!

Original review: March 8, 2018

Our water wasn't very good and it was hard. We have a glass shower so the water was noticeably causing problems with our sinks too like the rubber gaskets would get ruined quickly. People's reviews of Kinetico were the best and everything went really well when we set up our appointment with them. Their installer came in and did his thing. He cleaned up after himself and he tried to explain things but I'm more of a hands-on person. I'd have to go through it myself. So the guy did what I asked and he gave me the information I asked for. We have the water softener and the under-the-sink filtration thing. With it, our water is light-years better. Kinetico is really good but they are the pricier end of that realm of products. But if you spend the money, you get good quality. I had my mom buy their stuff.

Original review: March 8, 2018

We've had Kinetico 24 years ago and the water softener still works fine. We wanted it to get the water cleaner and take out some of the iron. We saw them at the Calvert County Fairgrounds and talked to them. The rep was a very nice gentleman. He explained everything to us and he was very helpful on what we needed. And then they came out and took a water sample and told us what we needed to take out the iron in our water. Then we agreed on a price, they installed it, and we've been happy ever since. It's a good product.

Hi Joe,

Here's to another 24 years of great water! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Original review: March 7, 2018

We recently had the Bonita Springs, Fl Kinetico, install a new reverse osmosis water system to eliminate the poor taste and purify our Fl water. We were impressed with the friendly and knowledgeable service that Julia and the Kinetico team provided. Our installer, Will, was friendly and went out of his way to explain our new system and clean up after himself. Our water tastes GREAT, and we couldn’t be happier with our Kinetico experience.

Kinetico response

Wow! Marcia, thanks for sharing such a great review of your experience!

Original review: March 7, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with Kinetico of SWFL from start to finish. I had a wonderful sales representative who clearly described all of the system options, and then the technician who placed the system was wonderful. I love my water and am very happy! The water is so clear and clean, tastes great, and is definitely worth the investment!

Original review: March 7, 2018

There was a whole lot of things all built into the water conditioner. It's a very good product and I believe it's the right system. I can drink the water now and I haven't gotten sick and neither has anybody else. When I moved into this house, the water was horrible, and it had bacteria in it that was not good. I looked up water conditioners in the internet and I decided to go with Kinetico. The representative was understanding of what we wanted. Then they came in and installed it.

Original review: March 7, 2018

We purchased a Kinetico water softener and an RO system. I've only had Kinetico my whole life growing up and I've always had one in my home. This is the second one Kinetico has done for me. My experience with them was great since one of my good friends is a sales rep for them. He handled everything himself. The installation team and customer service were great too. I have no problems with them at all.

Original review: March 6, 2018

My new water system is functioning normally and as expected. The installers from Martin's Water showed up on time, finished early and went over the system with me. So far I couldn't be happier. I'm very happy with my new water system and I look forward to enjoying its benefits for many years.

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for the kind words. Years of positive benefits is our expectation, too.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I had many different water softeners for my home. Kinetico is the best. There is no downtime on the Regeneration. And takes out all of the iron. Please consider using Connecticut products. It will save you a ton of money on bottled water service. You'll be able to live a long healthy life.

Original review: March 6, 2018

When we had our humidifier checked, it had calcium deposits in it and our guy recommended that we look into a softener. He also recommended Kinetico. I have used him for years upon years so I trust his judgment and I did not even look at other products. So we then got the whole house softener and dechlorinator from Kinetico. Setting up the appointment with them was fine. Chaz came by and talked to me about the system and then scheduled the installation. The tech took care of everything.

Then I spoke with the rep and ended up bumping the system up then to the next level after we had tried it for a couple of weeks. We only had it on the hot water, not on the cold water, so then we had them install the larger system. The installation team was wonderful. Since using the system, the water definitely feels softer, but I can't say I really like soft water. Also, when we turn our water like when we first turned it on, we get a lot of sudsing which I couldn't say that I really liked but I have a call-in to Chaz to see why that was happening. Nevertheless, if it keeps out toilet from breaking, our humidifier working, then I'm all for it. We've been very pleased with the customer service and I'm very happy with it.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I got a filtration system with Kinetico. It runs to an extra space under my sink and it runs to my refrigerator. It was so easy to work with the Kinetico salesman. And the installation team really nice guys and much faster than I thought they would be. They were done in about an hour and a half. And my water doesn't smell like Chlorine. The guys did a good job.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I consider my water softener one of my best home improvements ever. The system installed works effortlessly to deliver hardness free water that makes life so much better in so many ways, and no strange odour when you run your taps. Kinetico were brilliant to deal with, both the support and field staff are ever so helpful and competent and are always helpful and supportive.

Original review: March 1, 2018

We are extremely pleased with the quality of water our Kinetico water system provides. Our skin feels softer and our drinking water tastes exceptionally pure. Not only did the installation go smoothly, we have always received incredible customer service. Every technician is professional, courteous and knowledgeable. This company is a pleasure to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

We are new customers with Kinetico and the experience from sale to installation with Aquarius exceeded our expectation. We would not hesitate to recommend Kinetico or Aquarius to friends and family. This is how businesses should be run. We are looking forward to great water for our family for years to come. Thank you...

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Shawn's service was great and he was able to diagnose the issue and walk me through the steps to resolve it. Much appreciated. One suggestion though - at the end - perform a double check that everything is turned back on and operating. We have 4 lines running from the reverse osmosis tank and to diagnose the issue - we needed to shut 3 of them off. Those three weren't turned back on after the work was completed. Not a huge deal - I was able to see it right away once we noticed no water at those outlets. However, it may result in another return trip if the owner didn't know what to look for when their other valves didn't have water. More of a process improvement comment. Thanks again!

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the feedback. We'll be certain to get this message over to Shawn.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

My water softener wasn't working anymore. I called Home Depot and they sent me something and I looked it up on Google. Everything was perfect about the water softener so we decided to get Kinetico. I scheduled an appointment and they came and explained everything to us. We had a free water test. The rep tested the water in front of us. It has a lot of chemical in the water from the sink. He showed us the difference between the water we have right and after we installed it. There was a big difference. The water feels very soft and tastes better too. It works really good. We are all happy in the house. I refer Kinetico to a friend right away.

Hi Nadia,

Thanks so much for the great testimonial and also for the referral. Wishing you many years of great water!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Reverse osmosis for entire home. I am very happy with Dennis, the installer. They were very punctual, explained process, and follow up with updates. Dennis went beyond his job. He facilitated moving up the date due to my aerator water pump broke and had one of the installer come to the house at arrange for water to enter the home directly from the well pump to home. Did not smell very nice but allowed us to have water. I appreciate Dennis and everyone at Kinetico from the woman who answered my call to the completion of my final product. I have crystal clear water, smells good, taste good, it's wonderful for my clothes, etc (you get the idea). Thank you and yes I would recommend your company to friends.

Kinetico response

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback, Nilda. We know your area can have some challenging water issues. We're happy to have been chosen to assist. Thanks, again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I contacted Dennis ** regarding a water system for my home in Cape Coral. He was extremely professional and didn't waste my time with sales tactics. He told me the facts and presented his recommendations. He worked it out that we were able to get our entire system for a good price and installed fast. William ** came out for the install and the Kinetico professionalism continued. He was very knowledgeable about water which is great when you're a information guy like me. Learned a lot and felt comfortable with the entire process. I talk great about you guys all the time.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I bought the whole Kinetico system at Menards and they installed it. We got a big tank and then we got a smaller tank for whatever else. It’s a good unit and I'm very satisfied. I just go to Menards and buy a bag of salt, bring it back and dump it in.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

We recently purchased a Kinetico hi flow nonelectric twin tank combination carbon filter and water softener from Kinetico. We are very pleased with our purchase. We notice that there are fewer hard water marks, no smell and a soft feel to the water. The service technician, Juan, went above and beyond in making sure that we understood the system, its workings. He was knowledgeable, efficient and courteous. The office staff was very cooperative and helpful in our billing and scheduling necessities. We can wholeheartedly recommend Kinetico!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Quite a few years back, Kinetico came out and installed an R/O system in my kitchen so I could have purified water for drinking and cooking. What a great investment that turned out to be! I don't have to buy bottled water anymore and I can actually use the ice that comes out of my automatic ice maker in my freezer. My pets drink the R/O water as well instead of bottled water.

Not only does Kinetico have a great product, but their office staff and service technicians are polite, professional and always helpful. The last time that the R/O system needed some routine maintenance, I just couldn't help but noticing how efficient and courteous the young man that Kinetico sent out was! He even took off his shoes so he wouldn't track mud on my floors! The system is under the kitchen sink and he had to remove all my bottles of cleaning supplies to get to it. When he was done, he actually put everything back where he found it! How often do you see that? I would highly recommend the Kinetico R/O system to anyone who wishes they could ditch the bottled water and be able to actually drink a glass of ice water with ice from their freezer and water from their sink.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I’ve always had a water softener since I like soft water. I have Kinetico up in Colorado and one when I got a new house. The girl that came out did a good job showing me everything and the guy who installed the product was very professional. He knew what he was doing and I was impressed with him. Kinetico products seem to be a lot better than a lot of the others out there so I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

SOFTENER 935-MN TNK - Tested water to advise which device to purchase - installation done very professionally - salesman returned after several weeks to re-test water and product performing to standard. Nice to have product that does not require electricity. Water now nice and soft and tastes good too.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

My wife is extremely happy with Kinetico water purifier that we purchased. She's a bath gal and she's got a big tub which she fills up with a lot of hot water, which has now greatly improved. We can't smell the very strong iron odor anymore and the drinking quality of the water is much improved also. The taste is much more satisfying now. Everything we wanted to get done was done. I was completely satisfied. I had to follow up on a couple of calls because we had a minor leak for the first install but they came out and recovered quickly. So, it's all good. I'd recommend Kinetico.

Hi David,

Happy wife / happy life, right? We're glad to know all is performing as expected and we appreciate you taking the time to provide this message.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Service included checking plumbing, tested hardness and TDS readings on softener and TO systems. (OK). Changed softener filter (quite dirty, I hope twice a year is often enough). Additional salt not needed. Resin cleaner was added. Service team was knowledgeable, courteous and answered questions readily. Service team called ahead to verify appointment and put protectors on shoes to protect our floors and carpets. Thank you for that.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I have had numerous well water problems, from odor to sand to bad taste. We were visiting the county fair here in Fayette County and a representative from the Bellville area had a booth there. We talked with him and later purchased the system from him. We got the water softening system and the drinking water system. My system was old and when the people from Kinetico came out to look at it, they said it was pretty well worn. It might have been repairable, but they recommended a new system and I didn't object to that at all because we'd had it quite a long time with very satisfactory service. Now our water looks, smells and tastes better. It's a joy. I would certainly recommend them to anyone who has a water problem.

Kinetico Company Information