4.5/5 (282 ratings)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: March 13, 2018

We had a water overflow, which was one of the reasons why we got together and decided that the old water unit had to go and the new one had to replace it. Things weren't shutting off and I was having trouble. There was an inch and a half of water on the kitchen floor and I had two rooms where the water got in under the rugs. It was basically a $25,000 job by the time I got done. The team from Kinetico came in, pulled the whole thing out and put the new one in. Our new unit has been upgraded substantially. We’ve got the drinking water and I’ve got the ice cube machine in my freezer. Also, when I bought the first one, we had two big tanks full of saltwater. The rep knew what he was talking about when I talked about the old unit, and I was really happy to see the new liquid salt. That's a lot easier to put in than the block of salt. We’re pretty happy with it.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I was replacing an existing water softener and I was tired of buying bottled water. Kinetico was the one that actually responded and followed up on my inquiries. We've had the the K5 drinking system for about a year now and it seems to work fine. I also contacted the company to have somebody stop by to make sure that it is still providing the treatment to the water that was originally specified. Kinetico was an excellent company to work with and the product works.

Original review: March 13, 2018

We’ve had a good experience with Kinetico. We bought a reverse osmosis several years ago from them and when my old water softener broke I bought my new one from them. The person that came out to test the water was very helpful. Also, the installation team was very efficient and there was no problem with the installation. Kinetico's is a better system than my previous one and I’d recommend it.

Original review: March 12, 2018

When we bought the house it didn't have any filtration system. Also, I had to replumb the whole house and somebody had taken the system that was out before. I put in a cheaper filtration system but it wasn't doing the job. It kept clogging all the time. I had an uncle of mine that just got a Kinetico system installed and his son got one installed, so I decided to give them a call.

We got the water softener and a RO system with a 20-inch pre-filter and Kinetico was a great company to work with. John was prompt and he came out around 6 or 7 o'clock at night to come close the system. I called them back the next day and got it set up for service and had it installed. John was knowledgeable and clean, and cleaned up after himself. He even cleaned up more than he made dirty. He was quick and right on time. Great install, zero issues, and it was all within a day or two. John is going to come out and retest the water for the system to make sure their system is working.

The drinking water is fantastic and I've noticed less Calcium build up on my shower heads and faucets. When I give my kids baths, their skin is a lot softer than it ever was before just after the system has taken the hardness out of the water. A lot less lotion to be applied. I've got a 14-month old and a one-month old and they really appreciate the water being used up.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We had a water system in the past that we weren’t impressed with and went without it for years. Things were starting to get stained up so we decided to get one. I was at Home Depot and there was a girl advertising Kinetico. I've been looking at it for quite a while in a local county fair and I like the fact that it's not electrically powered. The salesman that she sent out was not pushy, but arrogant. On the other hand, the installer was a very nice gentleman. I enjoyed the Kinetico osmosis drinking system. We do have a Kangen Water System too which my wife uses but I use Kinetico. I can't see any difference. It’s just easy for me to get the osmosis one than the other. I've got to go get the drinking water system filters because I got a notice here about a month ago which tells me that it's time to get them. I've told two or three people about Kinetico and I've mentioned it in different social gatherings too.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We have a drinking system from Kinetico. We had a Kinetico system for 20 years, but it was broken so we recently changed it. Overall, the system is okay but their sales and service are awful. I don't like their salesmen. Every five years, they come in and they want to sell me a new system. They have no knowledge and they don't know what they are talking about! I don't trust them. And I had a really bad experience! The installer was okay but the manager was awful. She didn't even know what was going on and she couldn't calculate. I was very upset and disappointed! I had told my friends not to go with them.

Hi Audrey,

Thanks for sharing this information and the opportunity it provides us to assist in growth and improvement.

Please feel free to let us know if there is additional assistance we can provide. We will reach out to the local installer with this information.

Original review: March 11, 2018

We had hard well water and had bacterial iron in our water supply. I was familiar with Kinetico and my in-laws have the Kinetico Systems and had never had any issues. But the first time we did the water test with Kinetico, they just wanted to throw me a system. Also, the first salesman was very degrading towards women and my wife wouldn't want him back in my house. For a $7000-purchase, their people should be kissing her butt and not making her feel stupid.

I initially just had the water softener, the water filtration system. But that burned up and was no good because of the water supply. Come to find out they shouldn't have put that one on there. But the second round was great. Kinetico stood behind their product. They fixed and walked me through everything. They explained how to change out the filters and do all that fun stuff. They had to put in a complete chlorination system and they rebuilt the water softener system to fix the problem.

I went that route because Kinetico is supposed to be the top and they are a premium brand. Now our water is better than the city water. People should go with Kinetico. Overall, it's still a great company. I won't let one bad guy spoil it for everybody but I wouldn't recommend the first person to be in anybody's home. We had a much better outcome with the second guy. And I passed out cards for him for people to call him.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I built a house and needed a water cleansing and softening unit. My brother-in-law has Kinetico and he recommended it. Their rep was very informative and showed me how to operate it. Their people put it in and it only took just a few minutes to do it. Kinetico is a very good system. I've got a lot of iron content in my well and it does an excellent job of taking that out.

Original review: March 11, 2018

When I bought the property years ago, Luminous Water came and gave a free water analysis. We had a lot of hard water issues in my well and I’ve put a small system in. When I was able to afford the entire system that I wanted, I called them and they took care of me. I made a call and they set up a time for the Kinetico salesman. He came out, went over all the different options and I told him I wanted a few minutes to read it. He gave me that time and I bought the entire water softener filtration system. He set the appointment up and everything went smoothly.

Installation was almost over before it started. One of my pet peeves for construction-related projects is contractors don’t always clean up after themselves but I had no issue with them. They were in and out, and I was very pleased. Since then, the hard water issues are completely gone. There’s no more staining in the tubs, the toilets and the water pressure is better. I thought I had an issue with their system. It ended up being a small rodent chewed through a plastic line and made it leak. But they came out and looked it over, weren’t defensive, gave it a thorough analysis, and recommended who might be able to help me. I called one of them and they were in and out as well, and everybody is happy.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I had a spring and a well, but the well wasn’t hooked up. A contact in Home Depot told me about Kinetico and I ended up purchasing a home water system from them. I have it for almost two years now and I like it because of the water and and the four different treatments for total dissolved solids and chloroforms. Also, previously, the dishwasher wasn't getting the dishes clean with the change of either detergent or the designs. But now, it's doing pretty well. Overall, we’re pleased with the product we got from them. It's expensive and I spent more money on it than I wanted to spend, but it was worth it. I could have gone out, got some equipment myself, and spent less money, but I didn’t want to take the time.

Original review: March 10, 2018

We had Culligan bottles and they weren't working as well as I wanted. We were paying for it by the month and they would just bring us bottles and swap them out. I saw Kinetico's presentation at the country fair and got a whole house system and then the RO for the sink for drinking. Setting up an appointment with them was easy and the representative that came out explained to us what they had and gave us some pricing. And then they installed the system which didn't take very long. I'm a licensed water and waste water treatment plant operator so I was familiar with what the installer was doing.

We really like the RO for making ice and the refrigerator and drinking purposes. It also made a big difference in washing of the clothes since our water was pretty bad with high iron and some Manganese. The RO removed all of it. However, the filter expands off a bit, but other than that, we've been satisfied and happier now that the water's better and I recommended it to friends and family.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I purchased a double tank with a filter and an additional filter where it comes into the tanks. I had to get some iron out of the water because it's in a well and the system softens the water. The appointment was very informative. The system and the people who came were good. I was surprised with the results of the water test and judging from what we have, the system that we got would take care of the problem, and it does. We have no iron or egg smell in the water. Every once in a while, we get a little salty taste when it re-cycles through the salt but it's nothing that's offensive. I drained our place out for the winter and I had to pull the tanks in because of the weather conditions. And when I hooked up the system last year, one tank had blackened. It didn't look like it was functioning so I'm going to have it checked this spring when I reinstall it. But I recommended Kinetico to friends. They bought the system and they're satisfied with it.

Original review: March 9, 2018

We just got a new property and we were in need of a water filtration system. I heard about Kinetico from friends and family, and so I decided to do a research on them. After the research, I thought Kinetico offered a good product and we chose to go with them. We were able to meet with our rep in person. He came, tested the water quality and was able to put us in line with the equipment that we were needing to help with the filtration of the home. I like that Kinetico product was able to offer what others weren’t, whether it would be the warranty or just the history of customers being satisfied with their product. The installation team did what they had to do and they showed and walked me through how the system works. We definitely have a softer water now, which is a big difference. We didn’t have one prior to having this put in our home. Overall, it’s been a great experience and it's definitely a good bang for our buck.

Original review: March 8, 2018

It was very professional when they came out to test our water. We had dark orange water that needed to be changed. They are cost efficient and am so glad we picked this company. The water is smooth clear and everything you want for a family to have. Very safe and sterile. Thank you so much and I would recommend Kinetico to everyone!

Hi Grabriell,

Great feedback! Thanks for taking the time to let us know of your experience!

Original review: March 8, 2018

Our water wasn't very good and it was hard. We have a glass shower so the water was noticeably causing problems with our sinks too like the rubber gaskets would get ruined quickly. People's reviews of Kinetico were the best and everything went really well when we set up our appointment with them. Their installer came in and did his thing. He cleaned up after himself and he tried to explain things but I'm more of a hands-on person. I'd have to go through it myself. So the guy did what I asked and he gave me the information I asked for. We have the water softener and the under-the-sink filtration thing. With it, our water is light-years better. Kinetico is really good but they are the pricier end of that realm of products. But if you spend the money, you get good quality. I had my mom buy their stuff.

Original review: March 8, 2018

We've had Kinetico 24 years ago and the water softener still works fine. We wanted it to get the water cleaner and take out some of the iron. We saw them at the Calvert County Fairgrounds and talked to them. The rep was a very nice gentleman. He explained everything to us and he was very helpful on what we needed. And then they came out and took a water sample and told us what we needed to take out the iron in our water. Then we agreed on a price, they installed it, and we've been happy ever since. It's a good product.

Hi Joe,

Here's to another 24 years of great water! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Original review: March 7, 2018

We recently had the Bonita Springs, Fl Kinetico, install a new reverse osmosis water system to eliminate the poor taste and purify our Fl water. We were impressed with the friendly and knowledgeable service that Julia and the Kinetico team provided. Our installer, Will, was friendly and went out of his way to explain our new system and clean up after himself. Our water tastes GREAT, and we couldn’t be happier with our Kinetico experience.

Kinetico response

Wow! Marcia, thanks for sharing such a great review of your experience!

Original review: March 7, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with Kinetico of SWFL from start to finish. I had a wonderful sales representative who clearly described all of the system options, and then the technician who placed the system was wonderful. I love my water and am very happy! The water is so clear and clean, tastes great, and is definitely worth the investment!

Original review: March 7, 2018

There was a whole lot of things all built into the water conditioner. It's a very good product and I believe it's the right system. I can drink the water now and I haven't gotten sick and neither has anybody else. When I moved into this house, the water was horrible, and it had bacteria in it that was not good. I looked up water conditioners in the internet and I decided to go with Kinetico. The representative was understanding of what we wanted. Then they came in and installed it.

Original review: March 7, 2018

We purchased a Kinetico water softener and an RO system. I've only had Kinetico my whole life growing up and I've always had one in my home. This is the second one Kinetico has done for me. My experience with them was great since one of my good friends is a sales rep for them. He handled everything himself. The installation team and customer service were great too. I have no problems with them at all.

Original review: March 6, 2018

My new water system is functioning normally and as expected. The installers from Martin's Water showed up on time, finished early and went over the system with me. So far I couldn't be happier. I'm very happy with my new water system and I look forward to enjoying its benefits for many years.

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for the kind words. Years of positive benefits is our expectation, too.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I had many different water softeners for my home. Kinetico is the best. There is no downtime on the Regeneration. And takes out all of the iron. Please consider using Connecticut products. It will save you a ton of money on bottled water service. You'll be able to live a long healthy life.

Original review: March 6, 2018

When we had our humidifier checked, it had calcium deposits in it and our guy recommended that we look into a softener. He also recommended Kinetico. I have used him for years upon years so I trust his judgment and I did not even look at other products. So we then got the whole house softener and dechlorinator from Kinetico. Setting up the appointment with them was fine. Chaz came by and talked to me about the system and then scheduled the installation. The tech took care of everything.

Then I spoke with the rep and ended up bumping the system up then to the next level after we had tried it for a couple of weeks. We only had it on the hot water, not on the cold water, so then we had them install the larger system. The installation team was wonderful. Since using the system, the water definitely feels softer, but I can't say I really like soft water. Also, when we turn our water like when we first turned it on, we get a lot of sudsing which I couldn't say that I really liked but I have a call-in to Chaz to see why that was happening. Nevertheless, if it keeps out toilet from breaking, our humidifier working, then I'm all for it. We've been very pleased with the customer service and I'm very happy with it.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I got a filtration system with Kinetico. It runs to an extra space under my sink and it runs to my refrigerator. It was so easy to work with the Kinetico salesman. And the installation team really nice guys and much faster than I thought they would be. They were done in about an hour and a half. And my water doesn't smell like Chlorine. The guys did a good job.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I consider my water softener one of my best home improvements ever. The system installed works effortlessly to deliver hardness free water that makes life so much better in so many ways, and no strange odour when you run your taps. Kinetico were brilliant to deal with, both the support and field staff are ever so helpful and competent and are always helpful and supportive.

Original review: March 1, 2018

We are extremely pleased with the quality of water our Kinetico water system provides. Our skin feels softer and our drinking water tastes exceptionally pure. Not only did the installation go smoothly, we have always received incredible customer service. Every technician is professional, courteous and knowledgeable. This company is a pleasure to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

We are new customers with Kinetico and the experience from sale to installation with Aquarius exceeded our expectation. We would not hesitate to recommend Kinetico or Aquarius to friends and family. This is how businesses should be run. We are looking forward to great water for our family for years to come. Thank you...

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Shawn's service was great and he was able to diagnose the issue and walk me through the steps to resolve it. Much appreciated. One suggestion though - at the end - perform a double check that everything is turned back on and operating. We have 4 lines running from the reverse osmosis tank and to diagnose the issue - we needed to shut 3 of them off. Those three weren't turned back on after the work was completed. Not a huge deal - I was able to see it right away once we noticed no water at those outlets. However, it may result in another return trip if the owner didn't know what to look for when their other valves didn't have water. More of a process improvement comment. Thanks again!

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the feedback. We'll be certain to get this message over to Shawn.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

My water softener wasn't working anymore. I called Home Depot and they sent me something and I looked it up on Google. Everything was perfect about the water softener so we decided to get Kinetico. I scheduled an appointment and they came and explained everything to us. We had a free water test. The rep tested the water in front of us. It has a lot of chemical in the water from the sink. He showed us the difference between the water we have right and after we installed it. There was a big difference. The water feels very soft and tastes better too. It works really good. We are all happy in the house. I refer Kinetico to a friend right away.

Hi Nadia,

Thanks so much for the great testimonial and also for the referral. Wishing you many years of great water!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Reverse osmosis for entire home. I am very happy with Dennis, the installer. They were very punctual, explained process, and follow up with updates. Dennis went beyond his job. He facilitated moving up the date due to my aerator water pump broke and had one of the installer come to the house at arrange for water to enter the home directly from the well pump to home. Did not smell very nice but allowed us to have water. I appreciate Dennis and everyone at Kinetico from the woman who answered my call to the completion of my final product. I have crystal clear water, smells good, taste good, it's wonderful for my clothes, etc (you get the idea). Thank you and yes I would recommend your company to friends.

Kinetico response

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback, Nilda. We know your area can have some challenging water issues. We're happy to have been chosen to assist. Thanks, again.

Kinetico Company Information