Keystone MAXX

MAAX
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

MAAX Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MAAX?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keystone MAXX?

Original review: March 12, 2021

Really disappointed with the utile shower system. I wish I would done my own research instead of relying on help from Lowe's, Home Depot, Rona. After having looked at all the mentioned suppliers we decided we would use the utile shower surround for our 32" x 60" alcove shower. Lowe's had the best price so we went with them, ordered online and waited 2 wks for delivery. The side walls arrived before the back panel so I had to make 2 trips to the store to start which was disappointing as it is not that close.

Upon receipt I opened the panels firstly to find there was only fastening hardware in one side panel box, called Lowe's and they did get me the hardware from another box, nice of them, but meant still another trip to the store. Now the install started, placed the back panel in position and it has a big bow in it, right now I am really pissed. I am about to call Lowe's but know they can't help me. Not sure where to turn but will be posting here when I get a resolution, hopefully!!!

Good morning,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. However can you explain the defect of the product. We will then be able to verify with production and shipping to know what caused it.

Unfortunately for the shipping and pricing part we cannot control that. It depends how it was ordered as it can be ordered in priority or in the same time as their regular orders.

If you can provide us with your information and information of the unit (serial number off the walls)

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

So disappointed in these products. We purchased Utile surround and waited over 2 weeks for it to arrive. We picked it up and installed it, only to find out the back panel was warped and bowed out in center and would not fit properly. Obviously this faulty fiberglass unit was sent to us from manufacturer warped out of shape. We had our bathroom down to studs and no surround. Tried to return it but Home Hardware wouldn't take returns during covid. $1000 spent and no refund. We couldn't wait 2 more weeks for another. So we purchased the Nextile surround. Another $600 spent. This one installed ok but is shaped very oddly. It sticks out into the tub and forced you to stand to the other side of tub. We are so not happy with these products. Terrible experience and we are stuck with something we hate. Don't waste your money or your time on these products. You will be very disappointed. I'm very disappointed and left with a bathtub surround I hate.

Good afternoon Valerie'

We are very sorry about the inconvenience. However, did you got in contact with warranty service at Maax or did Home Harware did?
    When it is a manufacturing defect, we have no proble to repair if possible and if not to replace the product.
    Can you please send me your information and information of the unit (serial number, copy of receipt)?

I will verify our service requests to see what happened.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

My wife and I purchased Soft gray Utile Walls by MAAX at my local Menards store. My wife and I were so excited for this option to create our dream bathroom look after purchasing our house a little over a year ago. We were happy to find this option since real tile is so much more expensive. This looks really good until you get down to the quality of material and poor customer service that "stands" behind the product. The product has a thin layer of plastic stuck to it covering the walls to protect it from getting dirty until you're ready to use it I assume. The instructions tell you to wait to remove it until after the shower system is all installed. We hired a licensed plumber and also a contractor to install the shower and finish the drywall around the new shower after it was installed.

With the new shower installed we peeled off the protective plastic layer as instructed and what we found underneath on one of the Maax utile sidewalls was extremely extremely upsetting. We found several spider cracks throughout the shower wall, some of them extending almost the width of the wall. Obviously we couldn't see these with the protective plastic on it, so to find this after everything was installed was incredibly defeating.

I contacted Maax customer service right away. On the phone while filing the warranty claim they told me it sounds like it's stress cracks from it getting stepped on at the factory or during transport to the store. In the email after I sent the pictures they confirmed it is stress cracks from it being damaged during manufacturing or transport to the store. They said it can't be repaired but it has to be replaced. They said the only way for it to be replaced was to rip up my bathroom of the finished drywall, Uninstall my maax shower door that I paid a lot of money to have someone install, take the wall back to Menards to replace it with a new one.

I told them that is unacceptable to me and my wife and I just spent our savings for this bathroom remodel putting our trust in their product. We would have to have our bathroom out of service until we could save up enough to once again to pay someone a lot of money to reinstall everything over an issue with their product they supposedly "stand by" that we could not control. Incredibly upsetting and unacceptable. I emailed them letting them know if we could receive a replacement side wall so we have it on hand to replace it when we have the funds to do so we would be 100% satisfied. They never responded after that. Our dream bathroom was turned into regret, dissatisfaction and disgust for the Maax brand after this experience.

Resolution response: Dec. 5, 2020

Maxx contacted me and offered to replace the defective unit or reimburse me for some of the cost. Although I had problems with the unit at least the company was responsive and dealt with the issue.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Purchased an Aker KDS 3460 for a bath remodel. At the price point I am disappointed in the quality control.

- The pin system for easy installation did not line up properly and the holes needed to be enlarged causing a sloppy fit.
      - The "feet" on the bottom of the pan section were about 1" too short and did not contact the floor.
      - The fiberglass on the bottom of the pan unit was extremely rough and uneven. The fiberglass on the back of the wall units was smooth and even.

- The flanges on the walls varied by 1/4" from top to bottom.

The overall design of the unit is nice but the above issues made the installation very difficult. If I did not need to get the bathroom back together I would have returned it and bought a different product.

Mike,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us with the serial number of the unit and your complete information.
      We will verify where the unit was made and the production line.

Also, please let us know how we can make your experience better.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Corner shelf was damaged so I called co. Agent was great. Took information and within a few days new corner shelf was delivered. As installers continued to work on shower they discovered a damaged stationary door. I once again called co and once again agent was great. Told me no problem and within a couple of days door arrived. Dealing with this co was wonderful. Other than a little inconvenience they were great. Definitely would order from them again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Ordered 3 Utile shower walls for a bathroom renovation that we have been saving for a long time. After bathroom was torn apart and ready for installer and preliminary work had been done, the tiles were about to be installed. We found out that we had 2 tiles the correct color and one completely different color. Contacted them immediately 2 days ago and have been going back and forth. They have FINALLY decided to send another tile the correct color but it will be almost a 3 week wait. (It should have been on its way 2 days ago). We have no shower in our house due to this incompetence. Somehow, they don't seem to care or they would have it expedited to me.

Good morning Glenda,

We are sorry about the inconvenience.
      Please provide us with your reference number or your information in order to find your file.

We will then see why it takes 3 weeks to deliver and see how we can help.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I replaced my shower with the exact shower that was previously in the space (I needed it out of the way for another reason). The kit came with a MAAX no-caulk shower drain, and the installation diagram provided showed the gaskets being installed in the wrong location.. This led to a leak into the floor and wall that went unnoticed for months. I now have to replace the shower (again), and repair the water damage. The installation instructions are crap. If MAAX can't even provide correct instructions for install, think about the quality of the product. Buy something else.

Good morning Jake,
      We are sorry for the inconvenience and damage that occur.
      Can you please provide us with your complete information and also the information of the base your received.

We will then see what miss-inforamtion we have on the guides and how we can help.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Updated on 09/03/2020: Per MAAX's request...

- They have sent their preferred vendor to do a report and pictures months ago.

- We have provided detailed/itemized reports with pricing and project specs from the original installer of the tub, as well as dozens of pictures.

They consistently have a new rep respond back for us to send the same information again... we have done this 4 times and all we get back is please resend the same data!!! This tub was for my special needs son, I believed the product claims on the MAAX website and am sorry to say I am one of many with a cracking MAAX tub for which the company will not reimburse to have a new replacement tub installed. I will continue to fight for our consumer rights to be heard.

Updated on 08/18/2020: Per my previous review of the MAAX tub cracking in less than 2 years... MAAX said they would contact me on 8/10, eight days later I have not received any phone call or email. I would NOT recommend any MAAX product due to lack of quality, poor customer service and the absolute refusal to stand behind their product and pay for the entire replacement process.

Original review: Our MAAX tub started cracking less than two years after installed and all Maax will do is reimburse for the cost of the tub. Obviously someone has to remove the tub and install a new one yet Maax doesn’t stand by their product enough to do the logical and smart customer service thing and pay for the entire replacement process. We have two more bathrooms to remodel and they have lost a customer for life!

Good morning Marla,

We are sorry for the inconvience. Maax's warranty stand with the unit and the parts sold.
      Maax is not responsible for transport, installation or re-installation as stated in our warranty.

However, please send us the information of your unit and your information in order to find your file and see how we can help.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Original review: July 10, 2020

So I bought and installed a acrylic shower base. And installed base walls, door, drywall completely finished. Homeowners were completely satisfied. Then I get a call. The Homeowner sat down to shave her legs. When she noticed a crack in the base. So I go look at it and sure enough a crack. Called the manufacturer telling them about it. To which they replied, "We can send you a new base." I then asked if they could send someone out to look at it and possibly repair. "No we can't fix that model."

Really that's the hardest part to replace 3-4 days ripping out new walls, tile surround and material costs. Yup and, "Sorry we can't help with any of them costs." In other words I am out a lot of time and money because of this product. I don't understand how a company can have a product that is this expensive to replace and no way to repair. At least eat some of the repair costs. Instead they want to give me a $10-20 their cost new pan and say good luck.

Good morning Brian,
      We are very sorry about the inconvenience.
      Can you please provide me with the unit information and your information so I can find the file opened at Maax?
      Some unit unfortunately, because of the way they are manufactured, cannot be repaired.

Yet, we will definetly see the best way to help you and to avoid you delays and costs.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Original review: June 7, 2020

My contractor damaged the first tub and so replaced it-Second tub had too many leaks to repair. Third tub of installed and sitting because no factory rep will contact plumber d/t leaks. Please call me MAAX!

Good morning Jennifer,
      Please send us your complete information and also the serial number of the unit.
      We will verify your file with us and we will contact you as fast as possible.

MAAX Company Information