2. Homeowners
  3. Coffee Makers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.12/5

Keurig Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keurig?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keurig?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I have now own two Keurig coffee machines and enjoy features such as Quick heating to allow for that first morning cup of coffee quickly. Choice of strength of coffee, Keurig offers SM, MED, or LG amounts of hot water to process your K-Cup giving you the choice of a Strong to Weak cup of coffee. Easy clean up and care for the machine also helps every month I run a cup of vinegar through the machine to keep it working. I would recommend a Keurig to anyone looking for a single cup of coffee maker, personally I enjoy 2 cups a day.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

It changes to stronger brew at the touch of button, it does have various sizes available however it does not say how many ounces for each size and have to guess as to which one is the correct size for your cup. Also does not allow one to make a carafe as it is not an available choice. Love that one can utilize their favorite coffee or purchase various coffee pods in numerous varieties. Always have fresh cup of coffee at any time of day without a long wait, wish that it would make fresh cappuccino would make it an even better product.

Get buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

The Keurig coffee maker is a very convenient way to make coffee any time of day. It is extremely easy to use with the Kcups and produces a very nice just brewed tasting cup of coffee. I heats up fast and is ready to go almost immediately. It is very easy to refill and displays when refilling is needed. My Keurig coffee maker has different amounts of water to be dispensed if you want 4, 6, 8, 10 oz. It can also be used for hot water for brewing a cup of tea. There are many flavors of coffee that can be used with this coffee maker. I am very satisfied with the Keurig coffee maker.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I love my Keurig for a number of reasons. First and foremost I get a fresh brewed cup of coffee each and every time. The second is that if I’m the only one having coffee, I don’t have to make a full pot. If there is any negative, I would the k-cups aren’t good for our ecology. Would be great if they could create a biodegradable cup. I am very pleased to see that you buy a Keurig that will be a cup at a time or a pot. Next time I update, I will definitely buy that one. Keurig is a great company and they stand by their products. Highly recommend!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I use my Keurig for the times I wanted a cup of coffee and did not want to make a pot. Hate to be wasteful and like fresh coffee. Can use pods, but I like to use the reusable pods that I add my own coffee to. Also can do tea and hot chocolate. Quick and easy. Can pick my size of what I want from 6 to 14 oz and I also have a carafe I can use. Cleaning is easy and filters are cheap. Machine lets you know when to clean. I have used mine on a daily basis for several years and would replace it if I needed to without hesitation.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Poor #Warranty service. Coffee maker failed after three months. Called customer service, sent photos, serial number and everything requested. They were going to send a replacement right away. Several weeks Later, nothing received. Call three or four times, put on hold for a long time, could not get through to the right department. Coffee Maker just pretty good. Customer service is awful.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

After using my Keurig coffee maker for seven years, my machine went bad. I was very happy with it. However, after ordering another machine through Amazon, I found the machine I purchased was malfunctioning. I returned the unit and purchased a more expensive model. Upon receiving it, it started to malfunction in the same way. The machine would start to brew and then power completely off in the beginning of the brew cycle. Unfortunately it started this after the return date had expired. I contacted Keurig and after a long drawn out process I received a replacement. Much to my disappointment, the replacement is doing the same thing. I called the Company back to request a refund so I can go buy a K-cup machine from another company. Basically all they will do is keep sending me inferior replacement machines. They won’t offer a refund.

Additionally they want me to send the defective machines back for analysis. This would be fine. I even took a video of the machine malfunctions so they could actually see what the problem is. They evidently are not interested. I have been on the phone several times trying to get them to send me return labels which for some reason they can’t seem to figure out how to do. They have no problem sending me e-mails trying to sell me their products however.

In addition, every time you call, you call a different part of the Globe. They always tell you they have to transfer you to the service department only to come back after putting you on hold God knows how many times, to tell you that no one will answer and they will call back within twenty four hours. The last time, that twenty four hours reached seven days before I called them back. This is the end result. So, I will be copying this review and posting it on every social media site I can find, to warn customers to stay away from this inferior company.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I absolutely love my Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker. I'm the only one that drinks coffee in the house so I haven't purchased a pot maker in years. It takes little time for the water to come up to temperature to make coffee. My model only has the 2 buttons for coffee cup brewing, either 6 oz or 12 oz, and no option to make it stronger. But just for the basics, this is great! When it breaks, I'll be upgrading to a newer model, same brand.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

The only downfall is the cleaning process is time consuming and not easy. It makes me wonder what the long term of water sitting in a tank could produce as far as mold or other dangerous things could grow while being hot all the time.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Easy to make coffee and only make what you want!! Easy to buy pods, you can adjust the temperature of the coffee!! Ease of cleaning and you can always have a fresh cup any time of day or not!! Easy to find pods and a great variety!!!

Keurig author review by Jonathan Trout

Keurig is known for their K-Cup coffee pods that give you a single-serve cup with the push of a button. Their coffee brewer models come in two series: Classic and Plus. They range in size and each feature different technology and various colors.

• Classic series: Keurig’s Classic series includes a compact, personal brewer and their classic single cup brewer. The personal brewer comes in five colors, has a simple two-button control system and brews six, eight and 10 ounces using K-Cup pods. The classic brewer has a 48-ounce water reservoir, a programmable auto-off feature and can also brew six, eight and 10 ounces using K-Cup pods. The personal brewer costs $99 and the classic brewer costs $119.

• Plus series: The Plus series features three models with water reservoirs ranging from 40 to 80 ounces. They have touch displays, strength and temperature controls and can brew coffee for a cup, mug or carafe. Models in the Plus series start at $129 for the 40-ounce, $149.99 for the 70-ounce and $179.99 for the 80-ounce.

• Accessories: Keurig gives you easy access to all K-cup related accessories online. You can find things like reusable K-Cup filters, Keurig carafes, K-Cup storage and travel mugs.

• Office brewers: Keurig makes three models of coffee makers for small, medium and large offices. These models hook directly to your office’s water line, have adjustable temperature settings, automatic K-Cup pod ejection and four cup sizes. You can request pricing for all office brewers online.

• K-Cups: K-Cup coffee pods are perfectly portioned, single-serve cups of ground coffee. Keurig sells over 150 varieties. K-Cup pods are recyclable and keep your coffee fresh for 24 months.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team