3.59/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Keurig

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

64 Keurig Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 29, 2019

I purchased a Keurig coffee maker from Bed Bath & Beyond about 4 weeks ago. It worked great for about 25 days. I called Keurig customer service on Friday morning and I received a brand new replacement the next morning! Not even 24 hours!!! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have had the same Keurig machine for years with no problem. I had changed the filter in the water reservoir only once since I use only filtered water. Couldn't be happier. I'm watching for K-Cups for espresso but have not found them yet.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I was given a Keurig Coffee Maker for Christmas last year. Yesterday morning my Keurig wouldn't work. I called Customer Service. The lady had me to try to reset the machine. When it wouldn't reset she said, "We will send you a new one." Just like that! Even asked if I wanted the same color. Got an email and my new Keurig has already been shipped. Couldn't be happier. Love my Keurig and Customer Service was excellent.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Quick replacement of a defective Keurig doesn’t matter to me. I just want it to make a cup of coffee when I hit the button. Sending me a new one doesn’t cut it, the FIRST machine should work... when the second and third also fail... PLUS time on the phone trying to “reset”. It’s a coffee maker! I’m not looking for nuclear launch codes, I just want a cup of coffee before work. Making a cup of morning Joe shouldn’t feel like activating a “Will it Work” slot machine. These machines are a joke, and I’m embarrassed by how much time & money I’ve wasted with them.

Original review: July 23, 2019

First machine lasted 4 years. Second machine cost $69. Water run out the bottom at plug in. Returned for the $129 machine that lasted 31 days that made a popping noise and spewed coffee grains everywhere. Returned it for the $99 machine that lasted 61 days and did the same popping and spewing. Again returned it for a $99 machine. I had the extended warranty on all machines. If I did not I would definitely be looking into another brand. Hopefully it's new one last as long as a two-year warranty. I think Keurig quality it's definitely declining. Will look into another machine if I make it past this warranty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keurig?

Original review: June 17, 2019

I purchased single cup unit for my daughter 11/2017. Lasted just under a year. Completely dead. Company replaced it. That one lasted less than a year. Bought a more expensive machine. That one lasted 6 months despite unplugging when not in use and using a surge protector. Have not had any issues with other appliances in the apartment. Bought a similar single cup unit for another daughter 11/2017. She has not had problems. They will probably send her a replacement, but getting her a cheap drip to use in the meantime. I personally have owned a Keurig at home and office for several years pain free.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Purchased a replacement Elite for one that started shutting off as soon as you pushed the brew button. Did all proper descaling, etc. But it worked very irregularly and spit out grounds when it did. Since this unit was over a year old, I decided to replace it with another Elite since I liked the features. The new one lasted less than one week and started doing the same thing. Back to the store it went for refund. My first Keurig, many years ago, lasted a very long time and I was very happy with it. There is no comparison now as the units are cheaply made and totally unreliable. I would think twice before buying one. You can do better.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I just replaced my 4th Keurig machine after only 10 months. Replaced NOT with Keurig. All 4 died in less than a year. Their customer service is a joke. Retired and living Social Security, I can't afford $140 a year for a coffee maker.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I was very happy with my K Mini brewer when I first got it. It made my coffee in under two minutes and it was piping hot. After three weeks, it stopped dispensing the water and I had to turn it off and on 4-5 more times before getting my coffee. But the coffee that came out was only lukewarm. I contacted Keurig and after trying to troubleshoot the problem, they agreed to send me a new one. The problem is I have to wait 3-7 business days to get the new one! They refused to send the new machine on an expedited basis without me paying for it. I shouldn’t have to spend money to get my coffee pot in 1-2 days since it’s their fault they sold a defective machine. After reading all the reviews, I found out I’m not the only one having this problem. Of course, all the “bad” reviews are at the end; they put all the good reviews first.

Original review: May 4, 2019

What a saga! I loved our old machine- but d/n like the videos I saw of disgusting water that sat waiting to dispense!! Gross! I went with a single mini so no water sits in machine. But 3 units later I give up. Brand new. From day 1 I had Trouble. 1st machine w/n work at all. Returned to store. 2nd machine stopped after 3 weeks - coffee came out but was cold. Customer service sent me 3rd machine, no hassles. 3rd machine w/n work - 10 minutes after opening box, I called customer service. He tried walking through all the steps. After almost an hour on phone, pressing reset buttons (which you wouldn’t know if they didn’t tell you: with power OFF hold down, Brew button for 10-20 seconds to let water drain out.) That helped. The machine worked for about 2 weeks.

Went to make a cup today and it made strange sounds and the water leaked all over the bottom into the compartment on which the mug sits. ???????? I quit. I really had hoped it would work - I have tons of K-cups so that when we entertain I could offer guests a nice selection. I don’t know what I’m going to do with all of those, but I can’t try a 4th machine - I can’t afford it!! Mr. Coffee, here I come. Sigh.

Keurig expert review by Jonathan Trout

Keurig is known for their K-Cup coffee pods that give you a single-serve cup with the push of a button. Their coffee brewer models come in two series: Classic and Plus. They range in size and each feature different technology and various colors.

• Classic series: Keurig’s Classic series includes a compact, personal brewer and their classic single cup brewer. The personal brewer comes in five colors, has a simple two-button control system and brews six, eight and 10 ounces using K-Cup pods. The classic brewer has a 48-ounce water reservoir, a programmable auto-off feature and can also brew six, eight and 10 ounces using K-Cup pods. The personal brewer costs $99 and the classic brewer costs $119.

• Plus series: The Plus series features three models with water reservoirs ranging from 40 to 80 ounces. They have touch displays, strength and temperature controls and can brew coffee for a cup, mug or carafe. Models in the Plus series start at $129 for the 40-ounce, $149.99 for the 70-ounce and $179.99 for the 80-ounce.

• Accessories: Keurig gives you easy access to all K-cup related accessories online. You can find things like reusable K-Cup filters, Keurig carafes, K-Cup storage and travel mugs.

• Office brewers: Keurig makes three models of coffee makers for small, medium and large offices. These models hook directly to your office’s water line, have adjustable temperature settings, automatic K-Cup pod ejection and four cup sizes. You can request pricing for all office brewers online.

• K-Cups: K-Cup coffee pods are perfectly portioned, single-serve cups of ground coffee. Keurig sells over 150 varieties. K-Cup pods are recyclable and keep your coffee fresh for 24 months.

• Best for: consumers looking for a single-serve coffee brewer for the home or office.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout