1.94/5

59 Keurig Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 29, 2019

I purchased a Keurig coffee maker from Bed Bath & Beyond about 4 weeks ago. It worked great for about 25 days. I called Keurig customer service on Friday morning and I received a brand new replacement the next morning! Not even 24 hours!!! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have had the same Keurig machine for years with no problem. I had changed the filter in the water reservoir only once since I use only filtered water. Couldn't be happier. I'm watching for K-Cups for espresso but have not found them yet.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I was given a Keurig Coffee Maker for Christmas last year. Yesterday morning my Keurig wouldn't work. I called Customer Service. The lady had me to try to reset the machine. When it wouldn't reset she said, "We will send you a new one." Just like that! Even asked if I wanted the same color. Got an email and my new Keurig has already been shipped. Couldn't be happier. Love my Keurig and Customer Service was excellent.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I got a Keurig coffee maker few years back as a gift. After couple of years the machine started showing issues (I will not get to this detail because it is not important in this review). Based on the serial number, the customer relationship department told me the machine was sold back in 2009. YES... 2009. Well, I was told the warranty had already expired. Of course it was and I understood that 100%. So, in my mind I thought Keurig could not do anything about it and if they had told me that I'd understand and I would think that was fair.

However, for my surprise, the customer relationship personnel (I'd love to mention her name here but I am not sure if it is allowed) told me that Keurig could not do anything about my coffee maker but they would like to make it up for me, offering me the top discount rate that they can give, which is 50% to any new coffee maker, as long as the coffee maker is not exclusive for Amazon or any other retail company. I got awe by this response. That was not expected at all!!! This is awesome. Besides that, all personnel that I spoke with whether is from customer service department or customer relationship department are very skilled and with a professionalism beyond compare. Thank you all for being AWESOME!

Original review: June 3, 2018

I love the convenience! I find the Keurig very easy to use and maintain. We have a cold water under sink filter for our drinking water which I use for the Keurig. I also use the carbon filter they provide with this model (K55). Probably overkill for sure, but the coffee flavor is good if a bit on the weak side in general. Overall, I am very happy with the results. The cost is a little high when it comes to the pods, but I think it largely depends on how much you drink every day. We generally don't make more than one or two 10 oz a day.

I have always heard the K coffee is a bit weak, and I would agree in general. You might try Tully's French Roast, which to me is almost too strong. So I have wonder if maybe some brands are not being processed the same so you will use more pods. I do have the adapter for using my own ground beans. I am used to making coffee in a French press, and that grind seem to work just fine in the Keurig. The Swiss Hot Chocolate is very good by the way. Of course, just like the coffee, the strength will vary with the size you select. In much the same way you should never order anything larger than a Grande in a Starbucks coffee drink, because they do not add more coffee beyond that size. We've only had our Keurig for a month now, and I have not found anything not to like, that I have not mentioned. It is a very clean and easy way to get your cup of Joe every morning.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keurig?

Original review: May 5, 2019

I was very happy with my K Mini brewer when I first got it. It made my coffee in under two minutes and it was piping hot. After three weeks, it stopped dispensing the water and I had to turn it off and on 4-5 more times before getting my coffee. But the coffee that came out was only lukewarm. I contacted Keurig and after trying to troubleshoot the problem, they agreed to send me a new one. The problem is I have to wait 3-7 business days to get the new one! They refused to send the new machine on an expedited basis without me paying for it. I shouldn’t have to spend money to get my coffee pot in 1-2 days since it’s their fault they sold a defective machine. After reading all the reviews, I found out I’m not the only one having this problem. Of course, all the “bad” reviews are at the end; they put all the good reviews first.

Original review: May 4, 2019

What a saga! I loved our old machine- but d/n like the videos I saw of disgusting water that sat waiting to dispense!! Gross! I went with a single mini so no water sits in machine. But 3 units later I give up. Brand new. From day 1 I had Trouble. 1st machine w/n work at all. Returned to store. 2nd machine stopped after 3 weeks - coffee came out but was cold. Customer service sent me 3rd machine, no hassles. 3rd machine w/n work - 10 minutes after opening box, I called customer service. He tried walking through all the steps. After almost an hour on phone, pressing reset buttons (which you wouldn’t know if they didn’t tell you: with power OFF hold down, Brew button for 10-20 seconds to let water drain out.) That helped. The machine worked for about 2 weeks.

Went to make a cup today and it made strange sounds and the water leaked all over the bottom into the compartment on which the mug sits. ???????? I quit. I really had hoped it would work - I have tons of K-cups so that when we entertain I could offer guests a nice selection. I don’t know what I’m going to do with all of those, but I can’t try a 4th machine - I can’t afford it!! Mr. Coffee, here I come. Sigh.

Original review: April 26, 2019

My daughter bought me a cheaper but not cheaper in ones pocket version and after having it awhile I decided to use it.. 3 wks into using it, it just stop working (we only had it maybe 2 and half months). It's lit up like a xmas tree but nothing. I wouldnt advise buying this product unless you like throwing your money away. Turns out everybody else looks like has the same problem. Upset my daughter because she didnt have the extra cash but she wanted to buy me a birthday present. Thanks Keurig for ruining her moment of being able for once to buy me something for my bd. Thanks for ruining it for me. I hope others read the reviews before buying your product. $60 isnt much to you but it is for people who just dont have extra in their budget

Original review: April 25, 2019

At first, the product works as expected. After several months, the electronics begin to behave differently, implying poor quality parts or poor programming. The "refill water" light will stop working, or will only come on after I have loaded a new K-pod and have punctured the seal on top (e.g. lowered the handle all the way down). After refilling the water, the lid must be lifted, and then lowered back down again, sometimes making the punctured hole even larger - causing coffee grounds to spill out, and into the coffee. Less frequently, after making a brewing selection, the machine will sometimes sit for a few minutes before the lights just go off - without any coffee having been brewed.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Bought the K Compact a year ago and it suddenly stopped working. The electronics appear to be of poor quality. The "add water" light no longer comes on and the brew selection lights no longer blink. In addition, it wastes coffee (I used the reusable pod cup). Filled to the top, it only yielded one decent cup of coffee. I used to have a Mr. Coffee machine and only needed to use 4-6 tablespoons for 10 cups. Won't be wasting my time with Keurig customer service. This unit goes in the trash tonight. I just purchased a Bunn and am very pleased with it. AND, the Bunn is made in the USA.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I am on my 3rd. brewer. The screen went blank, Now I can't use any of the options. Because I've had it a little over a year the co. won't do anything about it. I'm done with Keurig. Unless you want to replace your brewer every couple of years, SAVE YOUR MONEY and GO WITH ANOTHER BRAND.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I purchased my The Keurig Rivo Cappuccino and Latte System a little over a year ago and one day it just stopped working. I called customer support, which was useless. They did not offer to replace it and said that it was beyond the 1 year warranty. I have read other reviews that similarly note that the product stops working just after 1 year. The product is cheaply made, with cheap plastic parts that break off. The company's customer support is a joke. I will not purchase another Keurig product.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have had 3 Keurig Coffee Makers (in 6 years). All crap out just after their whopping 1 year warranty. I did do all the proper steps when I purchased the K545plus, including registering with Keurig. All 3 machines have the same problem (yet Keurig does nothing). The machine will start up. Start to heat, then go black and quit altogether. I have repeatably contacted Keurig and they will not do anything as the warranty has expired. I have since purchased a Cuisinart coffee maker (3 year warranty) for my son and he loves it. I have then purchased a Hamilton Beach (flex brew) coffee maker for myself. It comes with a 5 year warranty and so far I LOVE IT. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND if needing a coffee maker, DO NOT PURCHASE A KEURIG MACHINE. You won't be happy and they DON'T CARE.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We bought a Keurig K575 - worked great for about a year. Just when the warranty was up. Emailed Keurig - would not do anything over email but blow smoke. Had to call customer service. I needed a LCD display. Their answer was, "We will give you 35% off for a new maker." Why would I spend another 160.00 for a maker that will only last a year? They will not sell you replacement parts. This is a throw away unit. They talk a big talk on customer service but fall way short.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We have always had Keurig coffeemakers and loved them all. Our current K 70 Platinum has served us well for 5 plus years, but recently started having minor problems which required resets. I purchased a new K Elite C from Costco and loved the look and how it worked, that is until it started tripping the breaker in our new home after only one day! The new machine was plugged into the same outlet in our kitchen as the older Keurig; it is protected by a GFCI breaker now required for kitchens in all new construction. (Our house was built in 2017) There is nothing else plugged into this circuit, and our old machine NEVER tripped the circuit breaker. I figured it was a faulty machine so I returned it to Costco and bought another one - same model. It did the same thing! It was intermittent but seemed to happen more often when it switched on or when it was heating water. I moved it to different outlets on different GFCI circuits, but it did the same thing.

I did some research online and read that a few others had the same problem and were told that the new Keurig coffee machine is not compatible with new home construction electrical codes. So, I went to Target and bought a cheaper Keurig model with less functions, but again, it would trip the GFCI circuit breakers no matter where I plugged it in, EXCEPT when I plugged it into the dining room that did not require the same ground fault breakers. I found another article on line that said this:

“KEURIG TRIPS CIRCUIT BREAKER. If you live in a newly constructed home with AFCI/GFCI breakers, and you just got the latest Keurig model, there is a big chance that your new coffee machine will cause problems. For some reason, Keurig K-Cafe and K-Elite (latest Keurig models) can cause problems in new homes. There’s no fix for this, most people just return the unit.” I returned the 3rd coffeemaker to Target and guess I have no other choice except to try another brand. Sorry Keurig, but I have to say goodbye until or unless you fix the problem with your new machines.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We purchased the Keurig 2.0 for the ability to make a carafe of coffee instead of making individual coffees all the time. The pods are expensive and you only get 8 to a pkg. Now they have discontinued the coffee pods. Their solutions is to send me 2 boxes of coffee which they say is a $40 compensation for my inconvenience, as the coffee pot is still functioning since I can make a carafe using more single pods. This is costly solution on my part. I will definitely look for a different product and hopefully will find a company that stands behind their product.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

The single cup pod coffee maker we purchased has round feet on the bottom of it that leave dark marks on the white Corian counter that won't come off. Basically ruined the counter; may need professional cleaner of some sort. Can't recommend.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I purchased the carafe and carafe reusable pod about a year ago. I have used the carafe twice (for holidays). The reusable carafe pod lid has broken in two places. I called them and was told Keurig does not stand behind the product on lid or replacement pod. And to think they are so expensive I might as well buy the cheap aftermarket version. The pod for the single cup version that I use daily has been fine.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

A year ago, we bought a Keurig K575 brewer and since the beginning, random boxes of pods won't brew in it. All are genuine K-cups but we get that "Oops" message. The Keurig DRM system is malfunctioning in the printing process and when you call Keurig their answer is to have you recalibrate. That does nothing. It's a real disappointment to buy the same brand of K-cups you were using last week and this week they "Oops" but then another brand that didn't work starts working.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

This website takes money out of your bank account for every shipment. If there are separate shipments in one order, they put a hold on your money, making it unavailable to you for 10 days. They took out more for their products being shipped from different locations than for my total order, which I haven't even received yet, and new charges continue to show up on my bank statement. They also claim I signed up for auto delivery, which I never did. I spoke to a rude person from corporate office who said they didn't care if I never bought from them again and there was nothing to be done. Buy your coffee from anywhere but here! They used to be good, but corporate greed seems to have exceeded their goal of ANY customer service.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I purchased a K200 during the Black Friday sales and the brewer had a dysfunctional part. After 3 separate calls, Keurig sent a replacement part. This did not fix the issue and now I have spent almost 2 hours on various calls trying to get the whole brewer replaced. I've been put on hold, transferred to multiple reps and repeated my issue each time I am transferred! Some of the reps' English is terrible! Where did they learn to speak? So frustrating... Over a $130 brewer.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Updated on 12/04/2018: A few days ago I wrote a review detailing our saga with broken Keurig Coffee Makers. We have had a half dozen or so in the last 2-3 years (not counting our oldest model, one of the originals that is four, maybe five years old and still works great). Three were replaced by the company. We kept buying and trying because we like the convenience of single serve. Surely we were’t managing to pick out the bad ones time after time. Ahh...they are all bad! We bought a model from Costco about one month ago. It lasted exactly 15 days. Returned it and brought home another one. It lasted exactly six days. We give up. Buyer beware.

Original review: Good news: Our first Keurig is still working, going on four years. A family member is using it now. Bad news: We bought the Costco model to replace the oldest one... Due to machine failures, we had a succession of four machines over a couple of years. The first broke at just under a year. It was replaced under warranty. This second one lasted about three months. Keurig replaced it. The third one actually lasted 15 months. Even though it was out of warranty, Keurig replaced it yet again. There were various problems ranging from leaking to not shutting off, to running water through without heating it first. The fourth machine lasted a few months before it too would not shut off... The LED screen was discolored from constant steam.

The machine would come on during the day when turned off. We got it to work briefly, by leaving the lid open to dry it out, and leaving it unplugged until we needed it. Once it too started flowing water by merely hitting the start button, we gave up. Keurig has cornered the market on K-Cup single serve makers. So... We bought yet another one (a totally different model) from Costco... Literally 17 days ago. Took it back tonight because it runs unheated water with the start button. Exchanged it for another one. Our first Keurig, which is still working, was not a Costco model. Maybe that’s the issue.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

The Keurig just does not work. I brew 2-3 cups and then it quits working. Had problems since day one. I try to clean it and maybe it brews another cup but most of the time not. It has not worked since day one. I'm going back to my old dependable coffee maker. I'm just tired of the aggravation. If the Keurig weighed more I would have a new boat anchor.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I've owned my first Keurig maker for 6 or 7 years and I loved it. Absolutely no problems until the day it started dying. This particular one was really sturdy and heavy and always a good cup of coffee. I purchased a different one this past Sept. and used it until the middle of Oct. and it spewed hot water everywhere and was so forceful that it blew out the bottoms of my filters and had coffee grounds everywhere. I took that machine back to the store where I bought it and bought the K-Select.

I have had this new one for one week and it is a disaster. The coffee is not hot. When using a k-cup and filter to make my own coffee it blows out the coffee grounds. Turned it on and it started running water right away then stopped, heated, and started running again. I have a ton of expensive pods that I can't use now because they won't run in it either. This machine weighs nothing like my first one I bought many years ago. None of their machines are any good now. Will be looking for reviews of other makers, meanwhile I'll go back to my drip coffee maker. Keurig is making really cheap products now and selling for an extremely high price.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I have had different models of Keurig for quite a few years. Earlier this year my 2.0 started plugging up every time I used plain coffee pods. So I bought a new one and it did the same thing right away. Called Keurig and they said I need to use distilled water even though my water is soft with an extra filter. It was still under warranty so they sent me another one. It is doing the same thing right away. I can use the flavored coffee but not regular coffee. Not even going to bother calling the company. Tired of screwing around with them. I know I will never buy another Keurig!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Bought my first maker for Christmas 2017. It lasted till May 2018. I called Keurig and they sent me a new one. Well that one started putting out 16 ounces of coffee no matter what cup setting it was on after just a few weeks. So called them again. They sent me a new one and had me send the old one back. They paid shipping. So now the 3rd maker is doing the same thing. I'm not messing with them any more. I'm done!!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I purchased a Keurig K-Select directly from Keurig.com. It worked on the first day and each day the coffee got progressively weaker. I emailed customer support about a return and got no reply. After 4 days I called Keurig and was told to call back with the serial number and when I was in front of the machine. Really! A Keurig that I had used for only a few days should not have any issues that I need to fix. I was tired of waiting and ordered the same thing from Amazon with free next day delivery. I called Keurig the next day (from work) with the serial number and was walked through possible scenarios on why it wasn't working. Did I clean it? No it was brand new. Was I using tap water, the softeners in my water probably clogged it, no, it was brand new. Did I know how to use it properly? They could send me the link for a video.

This is my 4th Keurig and the 2nd time I had an issue with a brand new Keurig making watery coffee both of which I ordered from Keurig.com. The last time they sent me a return label. This time they sent me shipping instructions and told me to use a trackable shipping method. No return label. I reached out to them and no reply. Went to FedEx and their cheapest shipping method was $28.00. Reached out to Keurig for a shipping label again and still no reply. Finally gave up and shipped it with the postal service. $35.00 to return a defective $129.00 Keurig!!! They could have paid much less to ship it based on their volume. Why should the customer have to pay to return a defective machine with a money back guarantee. If you want a Keurig and after this I won't be buying another one stick with Amazon with their hassle free returns and no cost return shipping. Keurig sucks.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Have returned three Keurig models made for Costco and one from Walmart since January 2018. Costco models worked for about thirty days and then when turned on the machine pumps the entire contents of the water tank was pumped out without heat or warm up. Really dangerous if you are not watching it every time you make a cup. Keurig would not work with us. Too bad, they used to be a good company.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Called to find out where my coffee was. Keurig is always slow, but 10 business days is ridiculous. Customer service rep said they had sent an email that it would be late--which they did, but it had no indication of why or how long. Only after I insisted several times that company should offer compensation did she say she could send a coupon for free shipping. I'll use the coupon--and then go somewhere else.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

So here’s my story... I bought a Keurig a few years ago and never had a problem. Cleaned it every two months with the Keurig cleaning solution and only use filtered water. Well it was brewing a bit slowly so I bought a new one from Kohl’s and packed the old one away as a backup. The new one lasted maybe three months when I started having grounds in the coffee and I was getting maybe half a cup out of a pod when I put the machine in the largest ounce fill. Kohl’s actually let me exchange it for a new one.

Well this one lasted only a month before it started doing the same thing!! I returned it to Kohl’s and brought my old one back out. I emailed Keurig TWICE and NEVER got a response. Now my old machine is acting up as well. It’s as if it’s not pulling enough water from the tank into the machine and once again I am getting maybe 4 oz when I press the button for the largest ounce fill. It also will flash that it needs water when it’s still half full. I really liked this product until I started having so many issues. And don’t tell me to clean it because I’ve tried that and it doesn’t help. Considering switching to a Mr. Coffee soon.

Keurig expert review by Jonathan Trout

Keurig is known for their K-Cup coffee pods that give you a single-serve cup with the push of a button. Their coffee brewer models come in two series: Classic and Plus. They range in size and each feature different technology and various colors.

• Classic series: Keurig’s Classic series includes a compact, personal brewer and their classic single cup brewer. The personal brewer comes in five colors, has a simple two-button control system and brews six, eight and 10 ounces using K-Cup pods. The classic brewer has a 48-ounce water reservoir, a programmable auto-off feature and can also brew six, eight and 10 ounces using K-Cup pods. The personal brewer costs $99 and the classic brewer costs $119.

• Plus series: The Plus series features three models with water reservoirs ranging from 40 to 80 ounces. They have touch displays, strength and temperature controls and can brew coffee for a cup, mug or carafe. Models in the Plus series start at $129 for the 40-ounce, $149.99 for the 70-ounce and $179.99 for the 80-ounce.

• Accessories: Keurig gives you easy access to all K-cup related accessories online. You can find things like reusable K-Cup filters, Keurig carafes, K-Cup storage and travel mugs.

• Office brewers: Keurig makes three models of coffee makers for small, medium and large offices. These models hook directly to your office’s water line, have adjustable temperature settings, automatic K-Cup pod ejection and four cup sizes. You can request pricing for all office brewers online.

• K-Cups: K-Cup coffee pods are perfectly portioned, single-serve cups of ground coffee. Keurig sells over 150 varieties. K-Cup pods are recyclable and keep your coffee fresh for 24 months.

• Best for: consumers looking for a single-serve coffee brewer for the home or office.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout