2. Homeowners
  3. Coffee Makers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.43/5

Keurig Reviews

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

My first machine $250 Office Pro155 was replaced in the 13th month out of warranty, and I was given 2 free boxes of coffee. Wonderful people support. So friendly. In the 11th month something happened. It started dripping water slower than normal. Again shipped another machine no charge. New warranty. Great company, no questions asked.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I accidentally purchased 4 incompatible coffee pods and they didn't make me feel dumb (side note: I think it would be great to have a prompt that occurs before checkout alerting the buyer that their purchase is incompatible with the registered brewer). However, the lady was so nice and fun to talk to! She read me descriptions of a handful of replacement options and exchanged it at no cost without having to return anything! They're amazing!

Get buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Ms.Cindy, and Ms. Gail (Gayle) were very friendly & helpful. They resolved my issue, went above & beyond. APPRECIATE YOU LADIES, Keep up the GREAT WORK! I always dread Customer service calls, because you never know if you're going to get someone nice or a butthead. They were both AWESOME, ABOVE & BEYOND!!!! Thank you Ladies.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I think this is #5 for us. Earlier machines lasted about 6 months, but new machines were promptly shipped. Our current machine is over 3 years old and working well. We use both Keurig and store brands, as well as refillable pods with no problems. We always use purified water, either from our PUR faucet filter or Brita pitcher. We average 2-3 fills each day.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Love my K Mini Plus. I didn’t expect to enjoy my Keurig coffee as much as I do. I purchased my first one a few days ago. I have a ‘strong’ button. But my coffee is perfect without it. The temperature is very hot. So my cup stays hot till my next.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keurig?

Original review: May 21, 2020

Got the coffee maker for Mother’s Day 2020. After using about 3 times the coffee pot broke! Called customer service and we were told the pot is on back order. When I asked when we may expect the replacement she said after June 27! The pot broke while cleaning in the sink. I understand these are difficult times, but we are stuck at home without coffee.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I had to descale my Keurig duo. I used the Keurig website and followed the instructions exactly. I used their descaling solution and I tried with vinegar as well. The descale light will not turn off. So, I call Keurig directly. I was hung up on two times and once said they were transferring me and was hung up on yet again. I will never buy a Keurig again. I'd prefer to go off-brand. The service was way better and product was nicer.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Purchased a Keurig K-Select K80 today as our older (10 year old) model had some wear on it. The older model was well made, sturdy and best quality. The newest model (identical as our older one) is so cheap and poorly made. I can't believe this is Keurig! What happened? Where's your integrity? Why stoop this low and sell such a super flimsy model? We know just by looking at it that this will not last, its performance as of today is not as good as the older one. Wow, what get's me is we ordered through Macy's website and there were NO reviews, how could this be? I just entered a review today and it's not good- let's see if they post it. People beware of this model, I'm not sure how the other models are but we paid over $125.00 and I feel we got dupped! I since then have read other folks reviews and the complaints are similar, (cheaply made, poor quality, leaks, and didn't last). I won't be ordering any Keurig ever again.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Ordered coffee pods and paid for coffee pods. Didn't receive order number or anything from them. Now they claim have to wait for billing to call me 24 to 48 hours. Have called them twice. I have bank statements with the withdrawal.

Original review: May 5, 2020

This is my 3rd. The other two had problems and I had to throw them away. I called and talked to someone from Keurig and she tried to help me. But brewer would not turn on. She offered me a 20% discount would have cost me $95.00. No thanks. I am done buying from them. Not one of my Keurig's have lasted long. Worst coffee makers I ever owned.

Keurig author review by Jonathan Trout

Keurig is known for their K-Cup coffee pods that give you a single-serve cup with the push of a button. Their coffee brewer models come in two series: Classic and Plus. They range in size and each feature different technology and various colors.

• Classic series: Keurig’s Classic series includes a compact, personal brewer and their classic single cup brewer. The personal brewer comes in five colors, has a simple two-button control system and brews six, eight and 10 ounces using K-Cup pods. The classic brewer has a 48-ounce water reservoir, a programmable auto-off feature and can also brew six, eight and 10 ounces using K-Cup pods. The personal brewer costs $99 and the classic brewer costs $119.

• Plus series: The Plus series features three models with water reservoirs ranging from 40 to 80 ounces. They have touch displays, strength and temperature controls and can brew coffee for a cup, mug or carafe. Models in the Plus series start at $129 for the 40-ounce, $149.99 for the 70-ounce and $179.99 for the 80-ounce.

• Accessories: Keurig gives you easy access to all K-cup related accessories online. You can find things like reusable K-Cup filters, Keurig carafes, K-Cup storage and travel mugs.

• Office brewers: Keurig makes three models of coffee makers for small, medium and large offices. These models hook directly to your office’s water line, have adjustable temperature settings, automatic K-Cup pod ejection and four cup sizes. You can request pricing for all office brewers online.

• K-Cups: K-Cup coffee pods are perfectly portioned, single-serve cups of ground coffee. Keurig sells over 150 varieties. K-Cup pods are recyclable and keep your coffee fresh for 24 months.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team