3.84/5
Based on 38 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

38 Keurig Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I've owned my first Keurig maker for 6 or 7 years and I loved it. Absolutely no problems until the day it started dying. This particular one was really sturdy and heavy and always a good cup of coffee. I purchased a different one this past Sept. and used it until the middle of Oct. and it spewed hot water everywhere and was so forceful that it blew out the bottoms of my filters and had coffee grounds everywhere. I took that machine back to the store where I bought it and bought the K-Select.

I have had this new one for one week and it is a disaster. The coffee is not hot. When using a k-cup and filter to make my own coffee it blows out the coffee grounds. Turned it on and it started running water right away then stopped, heated, and started running again. I have a ton of expensive pods that I can't use now because they won't run in it either. This machine weighs nothing like my first one I bought many years ago. None of their machines are any good now. Will be looking for reviews of other makers, meanwhile I'll go back to my drip coffee maker. Keurig is making really cheap products now and selling for an extremely high price.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I have had different models of Keurig for quite a few years. Earlier this year my 2.0 started plugging up every time I used plain coffee pods. So I bought a new one and it did the same thing right away. Called Keurig and they said I need to use distilled water even though my water is soft with an extra filter. It was still under warranty so they sent me another one. It is doing the same thing right away. I can use the flavored coffee but not regular coffee. Not even going to bother calling the company. Tired of screwing around with them. I know I will never buy another Keurig!!!

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Bought my first maker for Christmas 2017. It lasted till May 2018. I called Keurig and they sent me a new one. Well that one started putting out 16 ounces of coffee no matter what cup setting it was on after just a few weeks. So called them again. They sent me a new one and had me send the old one back. They paid shipping. So now the 3rd maker is doing the same thing. I'm not messing with them any more. I'm done!!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I purchased a Keurig K-Select directly from Keurig.com. It worked on the first day and each day the coffee got progressively weaker. I emailed customer support about a return and got no reply. After 4 days I called Keurig and was told to call back with the serial number and when I was in front of the machine. Really! A Keurig that I had used for only a few days should not have any issues that I need to fix. I was tired of waiting and ordered the same thing from Amazon with free next day delivery. I called Keurig the next day (from work) with the serial number and was walked through possible scenarios on why it wasn't working. Did I clean it? No it was brand new. Was I using tap water, the softeners in my water probably clogged it, no, it was brand new. Did I know how to use it properly? They could send me the link for a video.

This is my 4th Keurig and the 2nd time I had an issue with a brand new Keurig making watery coffee both of which I ordered from Keurig.com. The last time they sent me a return label. This time they sent me shipping instructions and told me to use a trackable shipping method. No return label. I reached out to them and no reply. Went to FedEx and their cheapest shipping method was $28.00. Reached out to Keurig for a shipping label again and still no reply. Finally gave up and shipped it with the postal service. $35.00 to return a defective $129.00 Keurig!!! They could have paid much less to ship it based on their volume. Why should the customer have to pay to return a defective machine with a money back guarantee. If you want a Keurig and after this I won't be buying another one stick with Amazon with their hassle free returns and no cost return shipping. Keurig sucks.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Have returned three Keurig models made for Costco and one from Walmart since January 2018. Costco models worked for about thirty days and then when turned on the machine pumps the entire contents of the water tank was pumped out without heat or warm up. Really dangerous if you are not watching it every time you make a cup. Keurig would not work with us. Too bad, they used to be a good company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keurig?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I got a Keurig coffee maker few years back as a gift. After couple of years the machine started showing issues (I will not get to this detail because it is not important in this review). Based on the serial number, the customer relationship department told me the machine was sold back in 2009. YES... 2009. Well, I was told the warranty had already expired. Of course it was and I understood that 100%. So, in my mind I thought Keurig could not do anything about it and if they had told me that I'd understand and I would think that was fair.

However, for my surprise, the customer relationship personnel (I'd love to mention her name here but I am not sure if it is allowed) told me that Keurig could not do anything about my coffee maker but they would like to make it up for me, offering me the top discount rate that they can give, which is 50% to any new coffee maker, as long as the coffee maker is not exclusive for Amazon or any other retail company. I got awe by this response. That was not expected at all!!! This is awesome. Besides that, all personnel that I spoke with whether is from customer service department or customer relationship department are very skilled and with a professionalism beyond compare. Thank you all for being AWESOME!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Called to find out where my coffee was. Keurig is always slow, but 10 business days is ridiculous. Customer service rep said they had sent an email that it would be late--which they did, but it had no indication of why or how long. Only after I insisted several times that company should offer compensation did she say she could send a coupon for free shipping. I'll use the coupon--and then go somewhere else.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

So here’s my story... I bought a Keurig a few years ago and never had a problem. Cleaned it every two months with the Keurig cleaning solution and only use filtered water. Well it was brewing a bit slowly so I bought a new one from Kohl’s and packed the old one away as a backup. The new one lasted maybe three months when I started having grounds in the coffee and I was getting maybe half a cup out of a pod when I put the machine in the largest ounce fill. Kohl’s actually let me exchange it for a new one.

Well this one lasted only a month before it started doing the same thing!! I returned it to Kohl’s and brought my old one back out. I emailed Keurig TWICE and NEVER got a response. Now my old machine is acting up as well. It’s as if it’s not pulling enough water from the tank into the machine and once again I am getting maybe 4 oz when I press the button for the largest ounce fill. It also will flash that it needs water when it’s still half full. I really liked this product until I started having so many issues. And don’t tell me to clean it because I’ve tried that and it doesn’t help. Considering switching to a Mr. Coffee soon.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Bought a single serve-the small one--Keurig where you add water for each cup. It worked fine for about 3 weeks then it would not turn on. I took it back to Kohl's for a refund--no problem. They said they get a huge number of returns on this model. Buyer beware of this Keurig model. I've had other models that work just fine.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I love the convenience! I find the Keurig very easy to use and maintain. We have a cold water under sink filter for our drinking water which I use for the Keurig. I also use the carbon filter they provide with this model (K55). Probably overkill for sure, but the coffee flavor is good if a bit on the weak side in general. Overall, I am very happy with the results. The cost is a little high when it comes to the pods, but I think it largely depends on how much you drink every day. We generally don't make more than one or two 10 oz a day.

I have always heard the K coffee is a bit weak, and I would agree in general. You might try Tully's French Roast, which to me is almost too strong. So I have wonder if maybe some brands are not being processed the same so you will use more pods. I do have the adapter for using my own ground beans. I am used to making coffee in a French press, and that grind seem to work just fine in the Keurig. The Swiss Hot Chocolate is very good by the way. Of course, just like the coffee, the strength will vary with the size you select. In much the same way you should never order anything larger than a Grande in a Starbucks coffee drink, because they do not add more coffee beyond that size. We've only had our Keurig for a month now, and I have not found anything not to like, that I have not mentioned. It is a very clean and easy way to get your cup of Joe every morning.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I purchased my Keurig Dec 2016 and it hasn’t even been 2 years since I had it. I got in from work, I turned on my machine waited for the heater to finish. I closed it and pushed the button for a cup of coffee. It dribbled and then clicked 3 times and the heater light came on and refill light came on. The tank was completely filled!!! I took the tank OFF AND TRIED 3 MORE TIMES AND IT DID THE VERY SAME THING. I don’t have money to purchase a new one!!! Why should I. It isn’t even 2 YRS old!!!

Original review: March 20, 2018

I had a Classic Keurig for 4 yrs, no problems, it started slowing down, so I purchased an "upgrade" of the 400 series. From day 1, it had problems, called CS only to be told my water was wrong, my K cups were wrong, but they'd send me a little adaptor that would clean the pin. Tried that and it still didn't work, so they offered a "replacement" the New Select model. Well I received their replacement, and have to say it is so cheaply made, with no options whatsoever. Less options than the Classic. I had a machine that had a clock, light, water temp options, huge water tank, programmable, only to be given a replacement machine with a tiny tank, no auto, clock, light, low water indicator (well there is a little light). This is a joke, this is far from an equal replacement. This was a huge downgrade, So disappointed, I will never buy Keurig products again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I called and placed an order with this company and even paid extra for next day shipping and a week later have not heard anything from them and have yet to received it. I have called them twice and they keep saying it hasn't been shipped. I thought that is why I paid extra too. And they act like they could care less you didn't receive your order too. I canceled order and they said it could take 10 to even see my refund. I will never order from them again. I felt like I have been scammed by them.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Keurig is very easy to use. Heat the water, add a coffee pod and make your coffee. It can make 4, 6, 8 and 10 oz. sizes of coffee. We most use the 8 oz. size. However, it seems to need a lot of attention to cleaning. But I cleaned it thoroughly and descaled it and it is now working better. But I worry about how it would work in a real commercial environment. Hopefully, it will hold up under frequent use since we are retired and my husband makes coffee all day. I like that we don't have coffee sitting all day.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Keurig is simple to use and always exceeds my expectations. You can make one cup at a time and it brews a delicious and hot cup of coffee within minutes. Also, there are lots of different varieties of coffee pods to choose from to suit your company or guests. But the coffee pods tend to be a little on the expensive side.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I love Keurig, it's not complicated to use at all and its simple instructions on the screen makes it very easy for the user. I like that you can put the cup in and brew the coffee without having to put in the paper and all that jazz. Also, the Keurig makes it super easy to pour water into it without spilling the water everywhere or accidentally breaking the glass pot. However, I'd improve the cup sizes that you can put in the Keurig and make a wider variety so I could brew more or less coffee if I wanted to. I also dislike that the ONLY way to brew coffee is if you buy the little Keurig cups because sometimes they get super expensive and people can’t always afford to buy those. But I think it’s a great idea that coffee isn’t the only thing that you can brew with it. You can also brew tea and other things that people put in Keurig cups and I LOVE hot drinks so it all works out.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I like that I can set up the on and off function. I can set how hot I want the coffee to be and I can make different size cups of coffee. Make the unit a bit smaller though and it should come in different colors and should be able to portable. It should have a more variety of sizes for the drinks. Other than that, it is everything I expected. It is very simple to use all the features on this unit. The more you use it the easier you get familiar with the buttons and features. I am able to make coffee, hot chocolate and all sorts of teas for my whole family.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

We love our new coffee maker. We are trying to drink less coffee so it works with this coffee maker because it only makes one cup at a time so we have accomplished our goal of trying to drink less coffee in the morning. The quality is great and has all features one needs for that perfect cup of coffee. My family loves it including the kids for their hot chocolate and tea. It's quick and mess free. I like all the features and the ease of making the cup of coffee. It is a very good product that we enjoy having in our home.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

This coffee maker is easy to use. I love that it only brews one cup of coffee at a time, so there is no waste and the coffee doesn't sit and get strong. Everyone can have fresh coffee whenever they want. I just wish there is an better way to clean this coffee maker. It would be better if there was a way to open it to get inside so you could see if it is clean or not. But overall my experience with this coffee maker has been positive.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Can make one or many cups. I like the easy to fill water reservoir and that it makes coffee quickly and is easy to clean. Many varieties of coffee to choose from. However, it can't fill night before because you need cold water. Most of the coffee pods are not strong enough for me. It also takes a lot of counter space. I mostly use it when company comes because my coffee is very strong. It doesn't meet my expectations for strength of coffee. I only make a cup but still not strong enough. Nevertheless, it is easy to use.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I like that you can leave it on all the time so the water is always hot and ready for you to make a cup of coffee. I like that you can make one individual cup of coffee instead of a pot of coffee. I like absolutely everything about this coffee maker. It works perfectly and is very easy to use and clean. My 64-year-old mother can even use it.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I love the Keurig coffee maker. It is small and compact and fits into smaller spaces. It slides under my counter unlike some of the bigger models. I wish that the design could be easier to clean, accessing the inside is very hard. I would also make the water tank easier to remove and maybe putting the lid on tighter so my cats can't knock it off. Other than that, it's very simple to use and it makes making coffee way easier. It makes it so I don't have to waste coffee and that I can make it when I want it with out feeling like I have to drink a whole pot of coffee.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I like using the pods because it gives me so many options. There are three sizes on our model which is quite convenient. I picked Keurig in particular because it is the brand and model we use at work. I am a tea drinker - My husband is the coffee drinker. I like to make myself a huge cup of tea and I have to brew twice to fill my cup. It would be nice if there was a 20 oz option on the machine. Other than that, the pod system completely changed the coffee game. We don't have to grind beans or brew separate pots if people want different kinds of coffee. Plus waste is eliminated.

Original review: July 27, 2017

The Keurig is fast and easy. You can make one cup at a time and I can purchase caffeinated or decaffeinated coffees, various varieties of tea and even hot chocolate. It's great for entertaining because of the variety of beverages you can offer your guest and make them fast and easy. However, the pods aren't biodegradable. Although you can choose between three cup sizes, even the large mug tastes a bit too strong for my taste. I generally add a couple of ice cubes to my coffee so it won't be so strong. Nevertheless, it meets all my expectations and needs. I'm single so I don't need a full pot of coffee. Also if I have guests, I can offer them different kinds of beverages. All you have to do is make sure there is water in it. Then just turn on the power to heat the water and choose the cup size. From there, choose what beverage you want, pop in the pod and 30 seconds later, you've got your drink!

Original review: July 26, 2017

Keurig is easy to operate with clear insights and assistance from the panel on the top and the water tank is quite big enough to serve its job. Simple and easy instructions with very little cleanup to boot. This machine meets and exceeds my expectations other than it could possibly get a bit warmer. Also, I would like to have another option other than small, medium, and large... and how do I even know that the cup will not produce weak coffee if I do select the large option?

Original review: July 25, 2017

I love the following features for the K425. 11 brew sizes, 70 oz. reservoir, Strength & temperature control, 2.4" color touch display and Hot water on demand. I should have gotten the larger quantities of cup sizes and steamer so I could make foam for my hot chocolate and coffee!! My coffee machine makes my morning and it meets and exceed my expectations!! So easy to use and it prices yummy different coffee experiences. It is so easy to use to get gourmet coffee and different flavors at a single serving. This coffee maker just makes me happy.

Original review: July 24, 2017

You can make an individual cup of coffee of pretty much any flavor that you are able to enjoy wherever and whenever you want to do. So whether it is at home or on the run. I would certainly improve some features of my Keurig coffee maker. For starters, I would like if the coffee maker didn't take up as much room on my counter because it is bulky. I would also like it if there were more colors available in case I ever decide to redo my kitchen. Nevertheless, my experience with this coffee maker has been, overall, a good one. It consistently makes coffee that is hot and in a good serving size for me to drink.

Original review: July 23, 2017

It was a very simple set up, and it provided me with great tasting coffee that I enjoyed almost every day in a very timely manner. The wait time was not too long for any particular cup of coffee, and I had great results every time I made a cup. It was a great way to start the day. Keurig definitely met my needs and expectations all the time. I loved it.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I like that with the Keurig coffee maker, I can make just one cup of coffee whenever I want and it is quick, simple and easy to use. Anyone could learn to use the coffee maker very quickly. There are no issues and it works perfectly except maybe that the price is too high but in all honesty it is still worth the cost of the product. It also exceeds my expectation.

Original review: July 21, 2017

This is so easy to use. Put water in, turn it on, let it heat, put pod, it close, push button for cup size you want. Very smart colours they have out now but I really like my black color, fits in my kitchen very well. Also turns off by itself. Uses all different types of coffee pods, fits nicely on my counter. Also easy to refill water, and I like the pull out storage for pods. I have had mine for 3 years so by now I think there is one you can brew one or more cups at a time. And I don't like cleaning it out but I did find a cleaner at the store. You pour in the water and brew just like you would a cup of coffee.

Keurig expert review by Jonathan Trout

Keurig is known for their K-Cup coffee pods that give you a single-serve cup with the push of a button. Their coffee brewer models come in two series: Classic and Plus. They range in size and each feature different technology and various colors.

• Classic series: Keurig’s Classic series includes a compact, personal brewer and their classic single cup brewer. The personal brewer comes in five colors, has a simple two-button control system and brews six, eight and 10 ounces using K-Cup pods. The classic brewer has a 48-ounce water reservoir, a programmable auto-off feature and can also brew six, eight and 10 ounces using K-Cup pods. The personal brewer costs $99 and the classic brewer costs $119.

• Plus series: The Plus series features three models with water reservoirs ranging from 40 to 80 ounces. They have touch displays, strength and temperature controls and can brew coffee for a cup, mug or carafe. Models in the Plus series start at $129 for the 40-ounce, $149.99 for the 70-ounce and $179.99 for the 80-ounce.

• Accessories: Keurig gives you easy access to all K-cup related accessories online. You can find things like reusable K-Cup filters, Keurig carafes, K-Cup storage and travel mugs.

• Office brewers: Keurig makes three models of coffee makers for small, medium and large offices. These models hook directly to your office’s water line, have adjustable temperature settings, automatic K-Cup pod ejection and four cup sizes. You can request pricing for all office brewers online.

• K-Cups: K-Cup coffee pods are perfectly portioned, single-serve cups of ground coffee. Keurig sells over 150 varieties. K-Cup pods are recyclable and keep your coffee fresh for 24 months.

• Best for: consumers looking for a single-serve coffee brewer for the home or office.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout