Kenmore Vacuums
2.65/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Kenmore Vacuums

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Kenmore Vacuums Reviews

Original review: July 19, 2019

The Kenmore bagged upright vac is really a nice one and reasonably priced. It has every feature you would expect in a vac. Easy to use, perfect size, HEPA filter, long cord, tools on board, lights, dirt sensor, no belts, has great suction. I don't think they missed anything! Oh yes and it has a bag! No need to empty and clean a bagless cup. Great if you have allergies. I am very happy that I chose this vac over all the others.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have a Kenmore Canister Vacuum, they come in great colors (not Important), great suction, SUPER User Friendly, Great for carpet AND Hard floors (attachments included in the top of the canister lid). You can kick off the powerhead to get into tight spaces with just the touch of a button using your foot not having to bend over every time, then snap back on and keep going. I have a cleaning business and won't use anything else. They have lighter weight and heavier models. Depends on your preference. But usually the heavier ones are the more expensive models. And truthfully I like the use and ease of the cheaper ones, they run anywhere from 139.99-199.99. Just be aware there's the cheapest one that looks similar but the powerhead doesn't kick off, it's strictly for rugs and not as easy to get into tight spaces without a lot of unconnecting.

The more expensive models have a hard plastic connector at the end of wand where powerhead attaches, not as convenient as the plain metal wand (without hard plastic peace). It doesn't get into tight areas as well. and I don't prefer the Bagless because you have to constantly brush off and wash the filter area. It's meant to be more sanitary and easy but Seriously, you have to dump it all out, and there's more dirt, dust, and germs by doing that than just pulling out a full bag and tossing it. And they have many types of bags, such as Hypo-Allergenic for allergies, and extra durable, or a simple economical bag. You can also purchase them (bags) not only through Sears, but in Walmart, just get to fit Model 5055 or 50558 Kenmore Canister. Hopefully this has been helpful.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I really like this vacuum, overall. It's a Sears Progressive Upright. The negative: it's heavy to carry upstairs or down. The positive: it does a good job, is attractive, is self propelled and is easy to use & maintain. I have had no problems at all with this vacuum. The price is reasonable compared to other brands, & I did buy it during a sale, so the price was a little less than usual. This runs $200 or less. I will not spend $600 on a vacuum... For size, I consider it average for an upright. It may be a little larger, but I also consider it pretty hearty. Overall, I'm happy with it. Oh, one oddity: the replacement bags are less expensive on Amazon than they are at the Sears stores. I wanted to negotiate and gave up after finding no help.

Original review: July 3, 2019

This is a lightweight canister vacuum, the third I've had from Kenmore. The previous one was purchased in 2009 and is still running strong, reserve it for utility and pet room cleanup. These canisters all have good heavy suction and are easy to clean, even the filter to the motor which can be slipped out and vacuumed off. Easy maneuverability, adequate parts for varied jobs. The only negative is the color which seems to change seasonally. The first one I got is lime green while the current one is almost a neon orange. You certainly can't say that you can't find them in a cluttered place because the color screams out to you but since they aren't furniture, it doesn't matter. A good, long lasting unit which periodically goes on sale or you can use incentive rewards to reduce the price.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I am extremely happy with the power that this vac. cleaner has. Also like the handle that extends so that you are not leaning over too much. A couple of design flaws...storage of floor attachment on back of vacuum sometimes does not hold and absolutely hate the storage of attachments on the handle of the vacuum... This falls off when trying to go under furniture.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I've owned Kenmore vacuums for 40 years now. I'm ready for something better. It was quite an ordeal getting that one replaced, dealing with people that you can't understand and they can't understand you. Kept getting switched to different departments. Took several hours to get help. The one I bought on 8.16.19, the wand with electrical cord encased went out. Sears replaced the whole unit on 12.26.19. But now that one has done the same thing 9 months later. UGH!!!! I'm getting the runaround on getting them to replace the replacement vacuum or just at least the wand attachment. HELP!!!!

Original review: July 17, 2019

My vacuum cleaner was bought in 1998 so it is quite old, but it works wonderfully. Never had any issues with it. That said it was very expensive at the time, but it is very heavy and quite a clunker. Nowadays I would buy a much smaller model and use that.

Original review: July 15, 2019

It works better than my old Rainbow. It's extremely good at picking up dog hair and the extension wand fits easily under furniture. Having the wand and hose connected to the base is quite handy. It may be too heavy for some, but I like a heavy vacuum. It reminds me of my Grandma's old Kirby.

Original review: July 13, 2019

This canister vacuum is reliable and efficient. I’ve bought this brand before and found it a good one. I would buy it again. Now that Sears is having trouble, I hope they continue to make good vacuum cleaners.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I hate my mothers Kenmore canister. It's not my idea of vacuuming with long hoses and long extension cord dragging a heavy canister around extremely noisy and does a poor job vacuuming. It's heavy and cumbersome and hard to use. Don't understand this but my sisters love this vacuum.

Kenmore Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kenmore is a home appliance brand that has been manufacturing vacuum cleaners since 1932. It is controlled by Sears, which also sells the products.

• Diverse designs: Consumers can choose between several designs, including canister, handheld and upright vacuums.

• Filters and accessories: Kenmore sells a range of filters and accessories that make its vacuums more useful.

• Affordable prices: Most of Kenmore's vacuum cleaners cost less than 500 dollars.

• Retail stores: Kenmore vacuums are sold in Sears stores, making it easy for potential buyers to explore options in person.

• Color options: Kenmore vacuums are available in diverse colors.

• Best for: Kenmore has affordable vacuums that are good options for homeowners, renters, landlords and drivers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs