2. Homeowners
  3. Vacuum Cleaners

Kenmore Vacuums

Kenmore Vacuums
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.01/5

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

Kenmore Vacuums Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Vacuums?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: May 22, 2020

When I first purchased my Kenmore canister vacuum about 20 years ago, I loved it. Sucks up everything without any issues. But, now I'm 48 years old, with a bad back, and not as flexible as I used to be. The wand really needs to be lighter in weight and longer so I don't have to strain to vacuum ceiling corners and my curtains. Plus, now I have all tile floors and really need a vacuum that's designed for those.

Original review: May 9, 2020

My machine works great and I like the attachments. The vacuum get right up to the edge of the carpet so there is no "wall woollies". With the attachments and the hose I can reach those ceiling corners that you kind of feel like you're needing to know how to climb mountains to get to them! I'm not so pleased with the process of changing the bags. I feel almost like I've sheared a lamb with the clumps of dirty hair that fly around and fall out. The blasted thing worked just fine until the 3 year warranty expired. 3 years plus 4 months it was in the shop because of engine problems. Overall though, I still own it 10 years later and it still works like a champ.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2020

The Kenmore Magic Blue is a compact, very light, versatile and reliable tool. For its size it can provide adequate power for most jobs, can tuck away almost anywhere, and is extremely easy to operate. For a good reliable vacuum like mom used to have, the Kenmore Magic Blue fits the bill. Not designed for using in "wet" areas or on wet materials. General cleaning only. The power cord is spring retractable, no winding cords, the control for power and speed is on one switch located in the operating handle almost like a hair dryer. Kenmore did well with this one, this one is a keeper we will use again and again.

Original review: July 19, 2019

The Kenmore bagged upright vac is really a nice one and reasonably priced. It has every feature you would expect in a vac. Easy to use, perfect size, HEPA filter, long cord, tools on board, lights, dirt sensor, no belts, has great suction. I don't think they missed anything! Oh yes and it has a bag! No need to empty and clean a bagless cup. Great if you have allergies. I am very happy that I chose this vac over all the others.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have a Kenmore Canister Vacuum, they come in great colors (not Important), great suction, SUPER User Friendly, Great for carpet AND Hard floors (attachments included in the top of the canister lid). You can kick off the powerhead to get into tight spaces with just the touch of a button using your foot not having to bend over every time, then snap back on and keep going. I have a cleaning business and won't use anything else. They have lighter weight and heavier models. Depends on your preference. But usually the heavier ones are the more expensive models. And truthfully I like the use and ease of the cheaper ones, they run anywhere from 139.99-199.99. Just be aware there's the cheapest one that looks similar but the powerhead doesn't kick off, it's strictly for rugs and not as easy to get into tight spaces without a lot of unconnecting.

The more expensive models have a hard plastic connector at the end of wand where powerhead attaches, not as convenient as the plain metal wand (without hard plastic peace). It doesn't get into tight areas as well. and I don't prefer the Bagless because you have to constantly brush off and wash the filter area. It's meant to be more sanitary and easy but Seriously, you have to dump it all out, and there's more dirt, dust, and germs by doing that than just pulling out a full bag and tossing it. And they have many types of bags, such as Hypo-Allergenic for allergies, and extra durable, or a simple economical bag. You can also purchase them (bags) not only through Sears, but in Walmart, just get to fit Model 5055 or 50558 Kenmore Canister. Hopefully this has been helpful.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Have always used Kenmore. Dependable product. I do think they can do a little better with the attachments. I’m on the second vacuum in 30 years so they last a good long time. I am very happy with the 25 foot electrical cord. I can do my whole first floor without having to change the outlet.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I have bought several Kenmore canister vacs over the years. Each has worked well. I highly recommend this brand. They are very good at cleaning dog and cat hair, and goes easily from carpeted to hardwood and back.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I’ve had this brand before and several others as well and came back to this one. Good suction, easy to handle, good edge cleaner, easy to assemble, tough. I’m not gentle with my appliances so they need to be tough. They last a very long time!

Original review: May 15, 2020

Vacuum only came with one attachment and it never stays on. Sears was a brand I trusted. I don't know what happened but I don't plan on shopping there anymore. I've shopped there all my life. Every major appliance I own is a Kenmore. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 14, 2020

The vacuum doesn't work well. Tried numerous things to fix it but it had never sucked super hard. It has great options but I have never been satisfied with this vacuum. I would never buy a Kenmore vacuum again.

Kenmore Appliances author review by ConsumerAffairs

Kenmore is a home appliance brand that has been manufacturing vacuum cleaners since 1932. It is controlled by Sears, which also sells the products.

• Diverse designs: Consumers can choose between several designs, including canister, handheld and upright vacuums.

• Filters and accessories: Kenmore sells a range of filters and accessories that make its vacuums more useful.

• Affordable prices: Most of Kenmore's vacuum cleaners cost less than 500 dollars.

• Retail stores: Kenmore vacuums are sold in Sears stores, making it easy for potential buyers to explore options in person.

• Color options: Kenmore vacuums are available in diverse colors.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team