2. Homeowners

Kenmore/Sears Coffee Makers

Kenmore Coffee Makers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.29/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

Kenmore Coffee Makers Reviews

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

We purchased a Kenmore Elite Coffeemaker from Sears online 1-16-16 and it worked very well until 9-30-17. It's still under warranty. It states for a refund or replacement under this warranty period of two years/5 years either return where purchased or to a Sears store. We have been getting to runaround from everyone at every place. Phone time 2.5 hours trying to get someone to do something. Store time .5 hours... I had hoped for better treatment buying from Sears/Kenmore. I'll keep trying all the different phone #s Monday as some were not open. You'd think the online people or someone that did answer the phone could get something done... I guess I'm understanding better why Sears is going down the drain.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

It's simple to use and it makes pretty good pot of coffee. It does its job, doesn't take up much room, and comes in lots of colors which is good since the red look didn't work out like I thought. It would be cool to be able to pour your coffee in it, requests a certain amount of coffee and the time you want it. So I guess a way to store the coffee in the maker so it can stay fresh and a timer setting to start it. But it's a good coffee maker. it lasted five years before I had to get a new one. A lot of people I know use this brand and we all pretty much agree that it's a good brand.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2017

My coffee maker is very simple to use. Just add the coffee to the top and water in the back. It makes my coffee very quickly and effectively. It also keeps the coffee warm and even beeps when the coffee is ready. The pit can be messy sometimes though so maybe have a different kind of opening in the top so it wouldn't spill as much. I also wish that it could maybe produce or hold a larger amount of coffee for everyone in the house. But it meets most of my needs and expectations.

Original review: July 28, 2017

It looks so elegant and it is amazing how super user friendly. It only took me few minutes to learn the instructions on how to use it and even the instruction is great! It delivered beyond my expectation in the area of how user friendly it is. I hate complicated things so having a user friendly coffee maker is heaven sent. I did not have to spend so much time in figuring out how to use it like some other kitchen gadgets I got from others.

However, I believe that compare to other products it is way more expensive. Kenmore can make it a bit lower because it will really help me buy some other things or add to my money for bills. In this economy sometimes I have to think twice whether to buy expensive stuff which sometimes are a deal breaker for me. But in this case obviously I bought it, it's because I heard that it is great quality. I never anticipated that this will function as great as it is functioning now though and I am really amazed. I will buy more Kenmore products in the future seeing how the coffee maker's quality.

Original review: July 26, 2017

It is durable and high quality and I never had a problem with this fabulous product. It's so easy to use which makes me love it even more and definitely exceeds my expectations. It's also so easy to clean and that really is usually my biggest concern when looking for a coffee maker. It doesn't take up much space as well and that is very important to me because I don't live in a big house. Even the pricing is fair and amazing. I really can't express enough how much I am satisfied with this product. I have no reason to buy another brand. I have recommended it to anyone I know who is looking for a very durable coffee maker. However they can put a clock on the coffee maker or make it have higher temperature settings like Dunkin Donuts coffee does.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: July 23, 2017

The way it brewed my coffee real quick, taste was awesome, the timer, the freshness, the smell, it’s so great and wonderful. I love it. Don’t know what else to say but it’s the best I ever had. It works so good and etc. The freshness, the smell it wakes me. It’s so great and wonderful. I love it. I wouldn’t change it for nothing. I love it. Wouldn’t trade it.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Timer... Easy to pour... It was very easy to clean and set up for coffee the next morning... The coffee was always fresh and hot for hours if I needed to… Worked just fine. Delivered flavorful robust coffee. It was very simple to use and set up once I got it home. Very self explanatory... It meet my expectation beyond a doubt. Good product and design. There wasn't too much I didn't like but maybe it could have had a few more cups... Wish there was a espresso option... Also bigger intake on the water... But overall it’s a great coffee investment.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I just care that it makes coffee and I have something to use for when I need a cup when I wake up in the morning to drink my cup of coffee. It has a feature to just make 1 cup instead of a pot. It's a money saver.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I love the fact that it is just easy-to-use and that we don’t have to be on hand to watch this machine at all times. We can go about our day, and come back and coffee is done. I liked every feature on the device, hands on child proof wanting to get more, pound for your butt and it will work itself out and you will definitely get your money’s worth. It is a very simple machine. Even a kid can use it and not get hurt. That's what I like the most about it. A kid can turn it or you can set it to do it itself in the morning times.

Original review: July 19, 2017

It works well and brews fast. It meets my expectations and I would highly recommend it to my family and friends. It may not have all the bells and whistles of some of the newer models but it does what I need it to do and I'm very happy. This is a high-quality brewer and is my favorite out of all the coffee makers I've ever owned. It's very simple and not complicated at all. I am in love with it and if I need another coffee maker in the future, Kenmore would be my first choice.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Kenmore Appliances expert review by Jonathan Trout

Kenmore makes small and large kitchen appliances including multiple models of coffee makers. They make eight models with varying features, capacity and technology. Kenmore doesn’t sell its products online, but you can enter your zip code on its website to find the nearest dealer.

• Programmable coffee maker: Kenmore’s programmable 12-cup coffee maker lets you set the exact time you want your pot of coffee to brew. It features a glass carafe, removable washable filter and an outer water gauge to let you know how much water you've added.

• Grinder and brewer combo: Kenmore’s coffee grinder and brewer machine lets you preload a built-in grinder with beans, set the coarseness and set the timer. It brews up to 14 cups and features an auto-off setting, permanent filter and a pause button so you can grab a cup before the full pot is brewed.

• Personal size coffee maker: Kenmore’s 5-cup coffee maker is perfect for one or two people. It comes with a permanent filter and features a pause button so you can pour a cup at any time. Its compact size takes up very little counter space, and you can set the 24-hour programmable clock to kick on at any time.

• Warranties: Each Kenmore coffee maker comes with a one- to five-year general or limited warranty. The length of the warranty depends on the model of coffee maker.

• Customer care: Kenmore has a customer care page on its website. It includes information on returns, recalls and warranties. It also has installation and assembly guides and owner’s manuals for each product it makes.

• Best for: consumers needing a programmable drip coffee maker.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team