Kenmore/Sears Coffee Makers

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

Compare Coffee Makers

Research top Coffee Makers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It's simple to use and it makes pretty good pot of coffee. It does its job, doesn't take up much room, and comes in lots of colors which is good since the red look didn't work out like I thought. It would be cool to be able to pour your coffee in it, requests a certain amount of coffee and the time you want it. So I guess a way to store the coffee in the maker so it can stay fresh and a timer setting to start it. But it's a good coffee maker. it lasted five years before I had to get a new one. A lot of people I know use this brand and we all pretty much agree that it's a good brand.

My coffee maker is very simple to use. Just add the coffee to the top and water in the back. It makes my coffee very quickly and effectively. It also keeps the coffee warm and even beeps when the coffee is ready. The pit can be messy sometimes though so maybe have a different kind of opening in the top so it wouldn't spill as much. I also wish that it could maybe produce or hold a larger amount of coffee for everyone in the house. But it meets most of my needs and expectations.

It looks so elegant and it is amazing how super user friendly. It only took me few minutes to learn the instructions on how to use it and even the instruction is great! It delivered beyond my expectation in the area of how user friendly it is. I hate complicated things so having a user friendly coffee maker is heaven sent. I did not have to spend so much time in figuring out how to use it like some other kitchen gadgets I got from others.

However, I believe that compare to other products it is way more expensive. Kenmore can make it a bit lower because it will really help me buy some other things or add to my money for bills. In this economy sometimes I have to think twice whether to buy expensive stuff which sometimes are a deal breaker for me. But in this case obviously I bought it, it's because I heard that it is great quality. I never anticipated that this will function as great as it is functioning now though and I am really amazed. I will buy more Kenmore products in the future seeing how the coffee maker's quality.

It is durable and high quality and I never had a problem with this fabulous product. It's so easy to use which makes me love it even more and definitely exceeds my expectations. It's also so easy to clean and that really is usually my biggest concern when looking for a coffee maker. It doesn't take up much space as well and that is very important to me because I don't live in a big house. Even the pricing is fair and amazing. I really can't express enough how much I am satisfied with this product. I have no reason to buy another brand. I have recommended it to anyone I know who is looking for a very durable coffee maker. However they can put a clock on the coffee maker or make it have higher temperature settings like Dunkin Donuts coffee does.

The way it brewed my coffee real quick, taste was awesome, the timer, the freshness, the smell, it’s so great and wonderful. I love it. Don’t know what else to say but it’s the best I ever had. It works so good and etc. The freshness, the smell it wakes me. It’s so great and wonderful. I love it. I wouldn’t change it for nothing. I love it. Wouldn’t trade it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Timer... Easy to pour... It was very easy to clean and set up for coffee the next morning... The coffee was always fresh and hot for hours if I needed to… Worked just fine. Delivered flavorful robust coffee. It was very simple to use and set up once I got it home. Very self explanatory... It meet my expectation beyond a doubt. Good product and design. There wasn't too much I didn't like but maybe it could have had a few more cups... Wish there was a espresso option... Also bigger intake on the water... But overall it’s a great coffee investment.

I just care that it makes coffee and I have something to use for when I need a cup when I wake up in the morning to drink my cup of coffee. It has a feature to just make 1 cup instead of a pot. It's a money saver.

I love the fact that it is just easy-to-use and that we don’t have to be on hand to watch this machine at all times. We can go about our day, and come back and coffee is done. I liked every feature on the device, hands on child proof wanting to get more, pound for your butt and it will work itself out and you will definitely get your money’s worth. It is a very simple machine. Even a kid can use it and not get hurt. That's what I like the most about it. A kid can turn it or you can set it to do it itself in the morning times.

It works well and brews fast. It meets my expectations and I would highly recommend it to my family and friends. It may not have all the bells and whistles of some of the newer models but it does what I need it to do and I'm very happy. This is a high-quality brewer and is my favorite out of all the coffee makers I've ever owned. It's very simple and not complicated at all. I am in love with it and if I need another coffee maker in the future, Kenmore would be my first choice.

My Kenmore coffee maker is very quick and easy to use and it is doing all of this stuff. In the morning especially because I need to get to work quickly so it helps a lot. It is the best thing ever. It is the most preferable coffee maker that I have ever owned. It is perfect and always works and has never had a hiccup or problem. Absolutely love it. It meets all of my expectations.

Kenmore Coffee Makers is one of the best coffee makers I've ever had in my life. I love this coffee maker so much too. I like how it comes with a cup to put the coffee in. However, the coffee maker has its ups and downs just like any other coffee maker. I dislike how it takes long to brew some coffee. I like how the taste of the coffee is when it's hot. Nevertheless, it's very easy to use which is very convenient for me. I love it and you would want to purchase one for you and your family.

My overall experience with this coffee maker is generally simple. An older individual could operate it if they tried hard enough. There are very helpful manuals and instructions that help in terms of how to operate the appliance. It has a digital screen that makes it modern and the heating process for the water is really fast. The style of it is desirable and fitting. The metallic finish of the overall design makes it look sleek and stylish. However it is a bit bulky, one would have to admit. Also, have it available in a multitude of colors and designs and lower the price as well. In brief, it does meet my needs and expectations.

Kenmore 12 cup coffee maker it has a digital clock, a water level indicator, it's easy to operate, calibrated glass. Programmable digital coffee maker. Great product to use in my home. My husband love this product and our guest love it also when they come over our house they like the clock. They also love the drip stop system. It allows us to interrupt the brewing cycle and prevents coffee from dripping onto the warm plate. I love it. It makes 12 cups of coffee maker. There is however no reusable filter it's not included. We do still love it though and our neighbors love the maker as well they came over and saw it. It has easy to operate controls, has filter basket with removable filter, swings out for easy access to load coffee grounds. Great product. It came in the original packaging, never been opened, it was in the original condition from the manufacturer, has manuals, accessories has no defects or damage.

Kenmore 12 Cup Coffee Maker product # 08 40704 - I have had this coffee maker for only 4 months and I just took it out of the box and started using it Only a month ago. After using it for only 3 weeks the water started going right through the bottom. There didn't seem to be a fix for it. Took it back to KMart and they couldn't swap it out for me at all. The lady told me it was warrantied by the manufacturer. Well the manufacturer was from China and the number on the box of 1-855-438-7899 only has a foreign recording trying to speak English which said to call back later or leave a message and they will call back. They are not calling back. This is not a Walmart, Kmart or other store problem, this is a manufacturer's problem and they are not taking care of it. This box says made in China, and product distribution is in the U.S. By Sears Brands Mgt. Corp, Hoffman Estates, IL 60179.

Kenmore used to have a great reputation back in the day but whoever is in charge now is definitely not keeping up with the structure and ethics the company used to have. So Sears Corp, I believe farming out to China is one of your biggest mistakes for your Kenmore products along with your customer support! Bring back your jobs to America and treat your own people right!!!

I had this coffee maker since November of 2014 and it failed on March 10, 2016. Would not process the water through the system. I clean and change the filter of the coffee maker every month. I called the "Service Number" supplied in the user Manual and was told not to return it to a store, instead a replacement would be sent to me.

It is now April 30, 2016. Still no replacement. I have contacted the Service Number again on April 20th and was told they would send something to the warehouse to try to get this moved along quicker. Still no resolve. This is very disturbing to me as a Customer Service Representative. I am not familiar with this disorganized way Kenmore conducts its business.

The number I am calling (855-438-7899) seems to get me to the same person with a foreign accent. I typically have to leave a message even though it is during announced "normal" business hours, and then call again several more times until I reach "David". First time I called the number, I was greeted with coughing and choking loudly; I had to ask him to please place himself on mute during the coughing fit. I've asked for the Supervisor's name and number and got "Jimmy" at 847-778-5676. When I called this number, it rang several times then hung up on me. Several more attempts, same response. I will never, ever again purchase anything at all from Sears. Worst customer service nightmare I have ever had.

I bought my Kenmore coffeemaker a year ago. After using it for about eight months it started leaking from the bottom. Not impress with this machine. Will not buy another one.

Coffee maker grinds and stopped. This is my fourth machine. I obtained this one year ago as compensation for deficits in service by Sears. It is not even a year yet and it has stopped working. Purchased August 12/2014.

I own a Kenmore 12 cups programmable coffee maker. I was in need of a replacement coffee pot and Kenmore would not look up the part for me. They recommended for me to purchase another coffee maker, the whole thing! My local Sears store suggested I buy another entire coffee maker too or look for a used pot online. Even the Sears replacement phone number recommended another pot. Sorry, Kenmore and Sears, but you have completely lost my business.

Good thing I had the coffee maker plugged into a surge protector, we could have had a fire. Not only did the coffee maker quit working, but it also took out the surge protector. We got it for Christmas 2010. Then I read there was a recall on the 12-cup Kenmore coffee makers. Ours was the 100.82006 number. We will not get another one from Kenmore, for what it cost is not worth it. I loved the red color but we went and got a cheap one and it will most likely last for years to come.

The 20amp fuse on my microwave oven & coffee maker always blows when it starts the cooking cycle, and I really don't want to lose this product because its a birthday gift for my wife.

I purchased my first Red Kenmore 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker 2 weeks ago (August 27, 2010). Well the very first morning it leaked all over my counter top. I had filled to the 12 cup line (not over) and when I made coffee it was not quite 10 cups. So the very next night I filled it with 10 cups of water and it still leaked from the bottom. I took back to Sears with receipt, box, everything and they exchanged it no problem. Well, my 2nd coffee maker also leaks from the bottom. I am taking this one back tomorrow. I kept everything and even bought the 2 year warranty. We will see what happens. No more Kenmore coffee makers for me!

I purchased a Kenmore coffee maker which stopped brewing after only a few months of use. I purchased another one which started leaking water from bottom, after about 1 month of use. Previously to those purchases had another Kenmore about 3 years ago which stopped working after several months of use. I only brew coffee once a day and so these red coffee makers are garbage in my book. I am very upset. I spent money needlessly, like a fool several times. I still have no useful coffee brewer in my favorite color, red.

This is about Kenmore coffeemaker with model number 100.82696. I just think that people should be warned. I purchased 4 months ago for home use and already not working. Like someone else’s, it won't draw up the water to brew. I should have known better to buy from Sears.

In the past three years, I have purchased three Kenmore coffee makers that have all failed through different causes, one electronics, one pipe on lid cracked and the last one, the seal between swiveling lid came out. I still have the last one if you want to see it.

I bought a Kenmore elite coffee pot thinking my worries with coffee pots were over since this one has a 5 year warranty. Well, I was wrong. I took mine to sears today 2/29/10 at the shelby n.c store. Because I did not have my box or receipt, they would not exchange the coffee pot. I told them I had exchanged one about 6 months ago with the same problem. They was not able to find a record of my exchange. I don't see that this is my problem. I bought this coffee maker so I did not have any problems like this. Well, I am ** I now have a coffee maker that cost over $100.00 that is a piece of crap. Thanks a lot Sears. You lost this customer.

I bought a Kenmore 12 cup programmable coffee maker about a year ago. It started leaking water. I called the store that I bought it from and they gave me the runaround. I emailed Sears two times and no one responded. I called the customer service 800 # and was hung up on. I cannot use the programmable setting to make coffee the next morning because by the time I get up, water is all over my cabinet. It also leaks water while it brews.

I bought a Kenmore coffee maker at Sears in October 2008 (15 months ago), and in March or April, it just stopped working, so I exchanged it at the Sears where I bought it. Now the replacement has suddenly stopped working. I really expected better quality. I have had to drive into Salem to replace the coffeemaker and buy coffee from the coffee stand until I can replace my home coffee pot (for the second time in a year).

On January 4, 2010, I attempted to return the coffee maker with model 100.82696. With sales receipt in hand to the store with the use and care guide stating that this coffee maker has warranty for two years. In the book, it states: If this product fails due to a defect in material or workmanship within two years from the date of purchase, return it to Sears store or other Kenmore outlet in the United States for free replacement. The store had maybe five to ten coffee makers, and they could have replaced it.

I did purchase this coffee maker on January 17, 2009. This store does not take responsibility for anything after 90 days. They told me to call Kenmore, and they will repair it. Well, my husband called the first number listed in our local phone book. In one hour's time, he got to speak to six different people ending with water softener repair service. Trust me, he was not happy.

I finally decided to call the store and speak to the store manager. Automation phones to personnel. I got human resource. Nice person. Matter of fact, I worked with her daughter-in-law years ago. She said let me see if I can help you and talk to the women in the department. I will call you back. With less than a half hour, she called to say sorry and that they won't accept the warranty agreement.

I went online and called another number to try and find out the phone number for the Sears Repair Center in Middletown, NY. It was not listed. The gentleman could not believe it. Then he gave me a number for a repair center 35 miles away. My husband called, and the gentleman said we do not repair coffee makers and to return it to the store and get the replacement or throw it out.

Oh, the nice man who gave me the number for the repair shop told me that Sears wants no part of taking it back. They want to put the responsibility on Kenmore Repair. I am so glad Sears showed its true colors. Because I talk two people into buying this coffee maker, I am sure to let them know how sorry I am that I lied. Sears as usual does not live up to their word.

We purchesed a line of Kenmore small appliances last December...The programable coffeemaker has been in constant use in our home the entire time.However, yesterday the reservoir lid must have sent extremely hot steam over the top, melting the front of the coffeemaker,cracking the clock face and leaving it filled with condensation..I decided to return the item to the store for fear it was a fire hazard,esp. since we program the item to have the coffee ready when we wake...Is'nt this the reason one buys a programed item? I did not have a reciept, since we usually pay with cash and try not to use credit cards on a regular basis...I did however take the owners manual along with the item into the Sears store.

The salesman called for a memeber of mgmt and happened to see a ASM walk by and called this gentleman over, explaining the issue to him. At this point Mr. J took the info we had filled out and left us standing on the sales floor for awhile only to return and explain that we were not in their computer base, therefore we had not purchesed the item in his facility.My husband ask him how he was able to seek this info and he replied that we were not in the system,therefore the item was #1) stolen or #2) purchesed at a yard sale! If this item was stolen....would I be holding the owners manual?

Also I had purchesed some small items downstairs and my name had come up on the stores computer...because the salesperson ask if I still resided at the address he read off the computer screen .We have purchesed other Kenmore large appliances in the past and in the time spent waiting we had found a refridgerator to our liking, so we were going to move on the large appliances after we finished our business and purchese the refridgerator at the price of $1300...This was very humiliating and embarrassing to be confronted in the middle of the sales floor, not to mention being called a thief in so many words. Mr. J also told us that he could not replace the item because he had none in stock...the item was featured behind us on a rack with at least 6 boxed items of the same kind.

My husband proceeded to ask Mr. J for his supervisor's name and number and Mr. J told us that he was the store manager and could not give that information out...I have turned to the product safety commission for I believe this item is a safety hazard and others should be warned about the items faults. Upon leaving the store My husband turned to Mr. J and informed him that he had lost a $1300 sale in Large Appliances , to which Mr. J replied that he did not need our kind of business...Needless to say..Sears lost many customers today...not just us but the others that had listened to this entire episode. I have worked in sales for 25 years for a major company and truelly believe if I had treated my clients this way I would be facing consequences.

I purchase the Kenmore Model No. 100.81666 on 04/14/2009. It was just exactly what I was looking for. Around the first of October 2009, I would always fill all compartments to brew 12 cups. The coffee pot wouldn't brew 12 cups anymore, it began brewing from 2 to 6 cups. I worked with it for a few days thinking it would work itself out. It didn't so, I found my receipt to see if I could return it, for it hasn't been but 6 months and the purchase price was $54.86, and for opening an account they give me $15.00 off, so I actually paid $39.86.

My receipt said returns should be made in 90 days. I thought for a $54.86 coffee maker at least I should call Sears just to ask was anything Sears could do. I call and the customer service person in Appliances said the 90 day policy had to apply to my case. I ask her for the Kenmore website or a phone number for Kenmore customer service and she didn't know what the number was or anything else. I was going to call Kenmore and let them know this Model number coffee maker was defective and see if they could offer some advice. The Sears customer service wasn't any help.

Expert Review

Jonathan TroutConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Jonathan Trout believes having access to free, comprehensive information on products and businesses is vital to making smart purchasing decisions. He focuses his efforts on researching and reviewing multiple brands across a variety of industries, with the goal of writing unbiased buyers guides to help inform consumers on impending purchases.    More about Jonathan→

Kenmore makes small and large kitchen appliances including multiple models of coffee makers. They make eight models with varying features, capacity and technology. Kenmore doesn’t sell its products online, but you can enter your zip code on its website to find the nearest dealer.

• Programmable coffee maker: Kenmore’s programmable 12-cup coffee maker lets you set the exact time you want your pot of coffee to brew. It features a glass carafe, removable washable filter and an outer water gauge to let you know how much water you've added.
  • Grinder and brewer combo: Kenmore’s coffee grinder and brewer machine lets you preload a built-in grinder with beans, set the coarseness and set the timer. It brews up to 14 cups and features an auto-off setting, permanent filter and a pause button so you can grab a cup before the full pot is brewed.
  • Personal size coffee maker: Kenmore’s 5-cup coffee maker is perfect for one or two people. It comes with a permanent filter and features a pause button so you can pour a cup at any time. Its compact size takes up very little counter space, and you can set the 24-hour programmable clock to kick on at any time.
  • Warranties: Each Kenmore coffee maker comes with a one- to five-year general or limited warranty. The length of the warranty depends on the model of coffee maker.
  • Customer care: Kenmore has a customer care page on its website. It includes information on returns, recalls and warranties. It also has installation and assembly guides and owner’s manuals for each product it makes.
  • Best for consumers needing a programmable drip coffee maker.

Compare Coffee Makers