Kenmore/Sears Coffee Makers

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had this coffee maker since November of 2014 and it failed on March 10, 2016. Would not process the water through the system. I clean and change the filter of the coffee maker every month. I called the "Service Number" supplied in the user Manual and was told not to return it to a store, instead a replacement would be sent to me.

It is now April 30, 2016. Still no replacement. I have contacted the Service Number again on April 20th and was told they would send something to the warehouse to try to get this moved along quicker. Still no resolve. This is very disturbing to me as a Customer Service Representative. I am not familiar with this disorganized way Kenmore conducts its business.

The number I am calling (855-438-7899) seems to get me to the same person with a foreign accent. I typically have to leave a message even though it is during announced "normal" business hours, and then call again several more times until I reach "David". First time I called the number, I was greeted with coughing and choking loudly; I had to ask him to please place himself on mute during the coughing fit. I've asked for the Supervisor's name and number and got "Jimmy" at 847-778-5676. When I called this number, it rang several times then hung up on me. Several more attempts, same response. I will never, ever again purchase anything at all from Sears. Worst customer service nightmare I have ever had.

I bought my Kenmore coffeemaker a year ago. After using it for about eight months it started leaking from the bottom. Not impress with this machine. Will not buy another one.

Coffee maker grinds and stopped. This is my fourth machine. I obtained this one year ago as compensation for deficits in service by Sears. It is not even a year yet and it has stopped working. Purchased August 12/2014.

I own a Kenmore 12 cups programmable coffee maker. I was in need of a replacement coffee pot and Kenmore would not look up the part for me. They recommended for me to purchase another coffee maker, the whole thing! My local Sears store suggested I buy another entire coffee maker too or look for a used pot online. Even the Sears replacement phone number recommended another pot. Sorry, Kenmore and Sears, but you have completely lost my business.

Good thing I had the coffee maker plugged into a surge protector, we could have had a fire. Not only did the coffee maker quit working, but it also took out the surge protector. We got it for Christmas 2010. Then I read there was a recall on the 12-cup Kenmore coffee makers. Ours was the 100.82006 number. We will not get another one from Kenmore, for what it cost is not worth it. I loved the red color but we went and got a cheap one and it will most likely last for years to come.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

The 20amp fuse on my microwave oven & coffee maker always blows when it starts the cooking cycle, and I really don't want to lose this product because its a birthday gift for my wife.

I purchased my first Red Kenmore 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker 2 weeks ago (August 27, 2010). Well the very first morning it leaked all over my counter top. I had filled to the 12 cup line (not over) and when I made coffee it was not quite 10 cups. So the very next night I filled it with 10 cups of water and it still leaked from the bottom. I took back to Sears with receipt, box, everything and they exchanged it no problem. Well, my 2nd coffee maker also leaks from the bottom. I am taking this one back tomorrow. I kept everything and even bought the 2 year warranty. We will see what happens. No more Kenmore coffee makers for me!

I purchased a Kenmore coffee maker which stopped brewing after only a few months of use. I purchased another one which started leaking water from bottom, after about 1 month of use. Previously to those purchases had another Kenmore about 3 years ago which stopped working after several months of use. I only brew coffee once a day and so these red coffee makers are garbage in my book. I am very upset. I spent money needlessly, like a fool several times. I still have no useful coffee brewer in my favorite color, red.

This is about Kenmore coffeemaker with model number 100.82696. I just think that people should be warned. I purchased 4 months ago for home use and already not working. Like someone else’s, it won't draw up the water to brew. I should have known better to buy from Sears.

In the past three years, I have purchased three Kenmore coffee makers that have all failed through different causes, one electronics, one pipe on lid cracked and the last one, the seal between swiveling lid came out. I still have the last one if you want to see it.

I bought a Kenmore elite coffee pot thinking my worries with coffee pots were over since this one has a 5 year warranty. Well, I was wrong. I took mine to sears today 2/29/10 at the shelby n.c store. Because I did not have my box or receipt, they would not exchange the coffee pot. I told them I had exchanged one about 6 months ago with the same problem. They was not able to find a record of my exchange. I don't see that this is my problem. I bought this coffee maker so I did not have any problems like this. Well, I am ** I now have a coffee maker that cost over $100.00 that is a piece of crap. Thanks a lot Sears. You lost this customer.

I bought a Kenmore 12 cup programmable coffee maker about a year ago. It started leaking water. I called the store that I bought it from and they gave me the runaround. I emailed Sears two times and no one responded. I called the customer service 800 # and was hung up on. I cannot use the programmable setting to make coffee the next morning because by the time I get up, water is all over my cabinet. It also leaks water while it brews.

I bought a Kenmore coffee maker at Sears in October 2008 (15 months ago), and in March or April, it just stopped working, so I exchanged it at the Sears where I bought it. Now the replacement has suddenly stopped working. I really expected better quality. I have had to drive into Salem to replace the coffeemaker and buy coffee from the coffee stand until I can replace my home coffee pot (for the second time in a year).

On January 4, 2010, I attempted to return the coffee maker with model 100.82696. With sales receipt in hand to the store with the use and care guide stating that this coffee maker has warranty for two years. In the book, it states: If this product fails due to a defect in material or workmanship within two years from the date of purchase, return it to Sears store or other Kenmore outlet in the United States for free replacement. The store had maybe five to ten coffee makers, and they could have replaced it.

I did purchase this coffee maker on January 17, 2009. This store does not take responsibility for anything after 90 days. They told me to call Kenmore, and they will repair it. Well, my husband called the first number listed in our local phone book. In one hour's time, he got to speak to six different people ending with water softener repair service. Trust me, he was not happy.

I finally decided to call the store and speak to the store manager. Automation phones to personnel. I got human resource. Nice person. Matter of fact, I worked with her daughter-in-law years ago. She said let me see if I can help you and talk to the women in the department. I will call you back. With less than a half hour, she called to say sorry and that they won't accept the warranty agreement.

I went online and called another number to try and find out the phone number for the Sears Repair Center in Middletown, NY. It was not listed. The gentleman could not believe it. Then he gave me a number for a repair center 35 miles away. My husband called, and the gentleman said we do not repair coffee makers and to return it to the store and get the replacement or throw it out.

Oh, the nice man who gave me the number for the repair shop told me that Sears wants no part of taking it back. They want to put the responsibility on Kenmore Repair. I am so glad Sears showed its true colors. Because I talk two people into buying this coffee maker, I am sure to let them know how sorry I am that I lied. Sears as usual does not live up to their word.

We purchesed a line of Kenmore small appliances last December...The programable coffeemaker has been in constant use in our home the entire time.However, yesterday the reservoir lid must have sent extremely hot steam over the top, melting the front of the coffeemaker,cracking the clock face and leaving it filled with condensation..I decided to return the item to the store for fear it was a fire hazard,esp. since we program the item to have the coffee ready when we wake...Is'nt this the reason one buys a programed item? I did not have a reciept, since we usually pay with cash and try not to use credit cards on a regular basis...I did however take the owners manual along with the item into the Sears store.

The salesman called for a memeber of mgmt and happened to see a ASM walk by and called this gentleman over, explaining the issue to him. At this point Mr. J took the info we had filled out and left us standing on the sales floor for awhile only to return and explain that we were not in their computer base, therefore we had not purchesed the item in his facility.My husband ask him how he was able to seek this info and he replied that we were not in the system,therefore the item was #1) stolen or #2) purchesed at a yard sale! If this item was stolen....would I be holding the owners manual?

Also I had purchesed some small items downstairs and my name had come up on the stores computer...because the salesperson ask if I still resided at the address he read off the computer screen .We have purchesed other Kenmore large appliances in the past and in the time spent waiting we had found a refridgerator to our liking, so we were going to move on the large appliances after we finished our business and purchese the refridgerator at the price of $1300...This was very humiliating and embarrassing to be confronted in the middle of the sales floor, not to mention being called a thief in so many words. Mr. J also told us that he could not replace the item because he had none in stock...the item was featured behind us on a rack with at least 6 boxed items of the same kind.

My husband proceeded to ask Mr. J for his supervisor's name and number and Mr. J told us that he was the store manager and could not give that information out...I have turned to the product safety commission for I believe this item is a safety hazard and others should be warned about the items faults. Upon leaving the store My husband turned to Mr. J and informed him that he had lost a $1300 sale in Large Appliances , to which Mr. J replied that he did not need our kind of business...Needless to say..Sears lost many customers today...not just us but the others that had listened to this entire episode. I have worked in sales for 25 years for a major company and truelly believe if I had treated my clients this way I would be facing consequences.

I purchase the Kenmore Model No. 100.81666 on 04/14/2009. It was just exactly what I was looking for. Around the first of October 2009, I would always fill all compartments to brew 12 cups. The coffee pot wouldn't brew 12 cups anymore, it began brewing from 2 to 6 cups. I worked with it for a few days thinking it would work itself out. It didn't so, I found my receipt to see if I could return it, for it hasn't been but 6 months and the purchase price was $54.86, and for opening an account they give me $15.00 off, so I actually paid $39.86.

My receipt said returns should be made in 90 days. I thought for a $54.86 coffee maker at least I should call Sears just to ask was anything Sears could do. I call and the customer service person in Appliances said the 90 day policy had to apply to my case. I ask her for the Kenmore website or a phone number for Kenmore customer service and she didn't know what the number was or anything else. I was going to call Kenmore and let them know this Model number coffee maker was defective and see if they could offer some advice. The Sears customer service wasn't any help.

I bought a new Coffee Maker & Microwave Oven at Sears in Wayne New Jersey
Model # 721.63999303
Serial # 509TA00827
Manufatured : September 2005.
I used it a few times in a period of 3 months and it simply stop working. I went back to the store with the receipt, but I was told that they were unable to exchange it because I didn't not have the original box.
They also told me I did not buy the warranty, therefore, I have to pay extra for the repair .
I didn't buy the warranty because I thought I was buying a good product.

I tried all the possibles ways to get it replaced but I couldn't. I got tired of the situation and finally decided never buy a Kenmore product and recommend that no one else does. I will never purchase from Sears Appliance again.

The on and off button shorted out and sparks few out in my wife face when she trying making coffee. This coffee maker also leaks water, we purchase it in 2006.

I PURCHASED THIS COFFEE MAKER MODEL A20 ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO WHEN IT IS TURNED ON AS IT HEATS UP THE FILTER AND COFFEE HOLDER POPS OPEN AND LEAKS COFFEE ALL OVER THE ONLY WAY THAT i CAN USE IT IS TO TAPE THE HOLDER CLOSE. i BELIEVE THAT AS IT HEATS UP THE TOP SWELLS UP AWAY FROM COFFEE FILTER ASSEMBLY tHIS HAS CAUSED ME MUCH AGRAVATION TILL I STARTED TO TAPE IT IT SURE LOOKS ELERGANT IN MY KITCHEN

The coffee pot spills over if you make over half a pot, all most ever time. model dgb500

Kenmore Coffee Makers Company Profile