J.M. Movers LLC

J.M. Movers LLC

Ohio

Compare Movers

14 J.M. Movers LLC Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 17, 2018

We used JM Movers on March 4th 2018 and they did an absolutely wonderful job. They showed up at my house on time. They also loaded their truck rather quickly and used very clean pads to cover my stuff. They also drove right to my unload. I didn't stop anywhere or complain at all. And it was the fastest unload I've ever seen. I was expecting my moves to take 10 to 12 hours and they were done in 7 flat. I would surely recommend anyone use JM Movers. I don't know how they got these reviews online that they have but they did a great job for me. Grade A. Thank you very much.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I was downsizing from a single family home to a townhouse, so moving was also emotional. JM Movers was professional and exceptional in getting the job done. They arrived on time, packed everything including disassembling, assembling and moving a Baby Grand Piano up two flight of stairs with the expertise of a piano moving company. They had us up and running in the new house all within a day. The owner also offered to stop by, after the move, if there was a need to re-arrange any furniture and he kept his promise with showing up at the drop of a hat to move my study bookcases around. Items I left to store in the garage including a king size bed and a 6 foot x 13 foot oil painting that could not be hung in the new house were all neatly cling wrapped or stacked in the garage.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I've moved a dozen times over the last ten years. I found JM Movers 2 moves ago, and have been extremely satisfied with both moving experiences. These movers were not only extremely professional, friendly, accommodating and efficient, they were affordable as well. They showed up on time, well prepared with all the furniture blankets and dolls, and were very hard working. I will definitely be using their services again and will recommend them to all my friends and family for moving.

Original review: April 5, 2017

After returning from an overseas assignment arrangements were made in a timely manner for delivery of our goods. The crew arrived on time. Everything was placed as directed without issues. The whole experience was exceptional. The crew was very polite and professional making certain all our goods were not damaged and they were well cared for. Thank you J.M. Movers.

Original review: March 31, 2017

My experience with J.M. Movers is great. The guys' arrival time is punctual and they are absolutely professional and fast. No breaks or cracks in my furniture. The furniture that needed taking down (like bed frames and a dining room table) were done with no problems and put back together perfectly. I would recommend this moving company if you want the job done right! The prices aren't too high, cost me around $400.00 for 5 hours back in 2012. Now there's a moving special of $340.00 plus fuel $55.00 comes to $395.00. This is a great price. If you want to move fast and not take all day, and if you want a job done right, J.M. Movers is the company to choose.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JM Movers LLC?

Original review: May 10, 2016

You get what you pay for. The worst move I've ever experienced. They failed to move a treadmill stating the screws were stripped. They were not stripped and I was able to dismantle the treadmill in 10 minutes. They did come back a week later and moved it (Very stressful, inconvenient and unnecessary). They broke the screen door during the move. They never offered to come out and fix it. They only mailed the part which I had to repeatedly ask for for 2 months. They dropped my headboard onto the bed frame causing 2 gouges in the headboard and the frame. The owner has refused to fix it or compensate for the damage. In the 3 months of correspondence with the owner, Craig Boothe was mostly unresponsive, but when he was responsive he was abrasive and unprofessional. All in all a very bad experience!!!

Original review: April 6, 2015

We had an appointment for 10 AM for the movers to arrive. We waited for quite a while, then received a call, asking if we would be okay with 1 PM. I reluctantly agreed. Then they didn't arrived when scheduled, but they called and said they were tied up on a previous move and said they would be there by 3 PM. They didn't arrived until almost 4 PM. Once they arrived, we signed the contract and they began working. They loaded their truck, which was too small, and got everything moved to our new home.

We started to write a check and they said that they could not accept checks. By then, it was 11 PM that night and not only were we tired, but the movers were exhausted. I was advised that the only payment they could accept was through the company's PayPal account. I told them that as they are aware, we have just moved in and we had no cable, no phone, no internet and just how did the company expect me to make a payment.

I then remembered that since we have Verizon for our cell phones, we did have a Jet Pack that uses a ton of data time to allow us to get online when we traveled. So, I dug through a box, and found the Jet Pack, and had to plug it in and let it charge for a while. I was able to get online and send payment to them. The next day as we were starting to get settled, I noticed some damage to an office chair. I sent an email to the company and received no response. I sent another email and received no response. I called their phone and got their voice mail. I left a message and got no response. The damage was minor, so I just let it go.

Now, our daughter is buying a home and wants to know who we used for moving, so she doesn't make the same mistake we did. Yes, if they can do the job in four hours, their fee is cheap, but as I am reminded over the years, you get what you pay for. It has been just about a year now, but I think that people should be aware of what happened so they may be able to avoid the same experience that we had.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I hired these movers to move 3 miles away to another house. They damaged my dresser and will not pay due to the fact it is made of particle board. The movers were arguing with one another after this had happened. One guy was holding it upright and another guy tilted it and made 4 drawers fall out. They were negligent and the owners of the company will not compensate me anything for them. None of my furniture was wrapped in blankets or shrink wrap. Email below from owner of company:

"Had the drawers been taken out of the furniture as described by the contract this wouldn't even be a conversation we are having right now. Your husband said that they did a great job except this incident. My hands are tied because I am a partner in this company not the only owner and we collectively decided that we have to honor our contract as it is stated in black and white that is why we spent so much time developing it.

In addition the item was covered in transit as a normal standard in the moving industry MOST customers including you, are very time conscious due to the hourly rate of pay if we were to wrap every piece of furniture with shrink wrap for a local move you would have had to pay for multiple more hours of service. The candid response to this sentence is usually "I would rather pay to move my stuff safely it don't matter" but the truth of the statement is when we tried to do that in the past 90+ percent of customers called it milking the clock and not being efficient... so there is no winning on the explanation.

Again I am sorry, even if the piece was manufactured out of real wood the maximum reimbursement would be $66.00. The 300+ dollars would not be reimbursed. The reason we place that disclosure as MOST moving companies do is because the fragility and even the slightest wrong maneuver with that furniture causes damage this situation is no different one slight tilt and the cheaply made drawers dropped out and broke. Had it been disassembled it would have not happened."

Original review: Sept. 10, 2014

Moved all my furniture from a 2 bedroom upstairs apartment to a 4 level condo. Member Comments: It was the smoothest move I've ever had - moved probably 12+ times in the last 20 years. I bought the Angie's List deal for 2 men, 17' truck, and 4 hours of moving services on Friday, July 18, hoping to move as soon as possible. They scheduled me for 2 days later, Sunday, July 20 between 1-2 pm.

They showed up a few minutes before 1:00. They were friendly and professional, and never batted an eye over the challenges, which included: Tight stairwell at the move-out location, meaning the couch and mattress set had to be lowered outside over the balcony rail. They had all the appropriate straps/pads, and knew exactly how to get this done with no damage to the house or furniture. Tough navigation of the truck at both locations. Move-in location was 4 level town home - they carried everything to the requested floor without a scratch. They worked thoroughly and consistently until the job was done, with no breaks other than a few sips of the water and gatorade they brought. No complaints whatsoever - I would use this crew again and would highly recommend to anyone. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2014

So I purchased a deal from Angie's List for these people to move a dining room set and a desk. I will say that they went out of their way initially by scheduling a Sunday move... BUT... 4 different people at 4 different locations were impacted negatively because of this... They were 3 hours late, first of all. Then all they did was blame it on the move before mine and that this customer did this and tricked them with that...etc. Didn't take responsibility at all.

Then the office person calls me and says she will refund $100 due to the issues. She said it would go right out in the mail... Well gee, it's already been a week and...surprise!!! NO CHECK. How long does mail take from their location to Parma... 1 day. Not a week. First, she gave excuses about the mail being slow and she would drop it off, etc... Well now she blocked my number and I've had to call from a different number but she won't even talk to me now. The actual moving guys were fine. It was the office and lack of information with lie after lie. Never again.

J.M. Movers LLC Company Information