1.28/5
  • 1 star
Based on 165 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 31, 2017

361 Jenn-Air Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

We installed a new Jenn-Air downdraft range model JGS99000DS02 for our new home. From the beginning had some issues. Called the service dept, and some repair but nothing permanent. As being so busy despite my wife complaint keep postponing the issue till couple of months ago. Since then we have had two servicer company look at the issue and made the list for replacement parts. In both cases, they can not find the parts. It is amazing the parts are under the five years warranty and now are not manufactured anymore. How that could be.

The range is less than 3 years old and we can not find parts? Unfortunately, Jenn-Air is not manufacturing all gas range. Mine is all gas and it is installed on a free standing island. Even, if I want to replace that with dual fuel, there is not a 220 outlet on that island to supply the dual fuel. I believe this is Jenn- Air's responsibility to take care of its customer. We trusted their name and they should uphold this trust.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Jen-Air Built in Gas Range - This range is hard to clean, with heavy grates that all need to be removed to clean the top. It is not an easy flat surface. The inside oven requires you to get on the floor and try to get inside to clean. It is impossible to clean the back. The top scratches easily and gas controls on top are easily turned on when bumped or just wiping the surface. Dangerous! Installation expenses. I replaced a Thermador gas range and oven and wish I hadn’t.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

We built a new custom home in 2013 and decided on upgraded Jenn Air appliances. This was a huge mistake. Every piece has broke except our cook top. Microwave doesn’t spin, freezer doesn’t seal, dishwasher doesn’t run at all now, and fridge interior plastic parts are falling apart. All of this started 12-14 months after moving in and has gotten to the point where they are almost worth replacing now. I haven’t been able to even get 3 full years out of all but one appliance. When we called them which was 13 months after moving in they basically told us, "Too ** bad you’re out of warranty." Save yourself the headache and don’t purchase their product!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have been without a dishwasher (model number JDB8700AWP3) for 6 wks now. I paid an extra $1400 plus for extended warranty coverage. Apparently the circuit panel is on back order as they did not make enough and are having many problems with these. They should replace my dishwasher! I have 4 children one of which has cystic fibrosis and is currently eating on paper plates and plastic ware. I'm so over this! This is an overpriced dishwasher that has ruined my cabinet the steam is so hot! So upset!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

5 months before I replaced all my kitchen equipment. I've chosen JennAir as brand name. The look of the equipment were really good. First 3 months, we were out of home for a long trip. When we start to use the equipment the problems also start to appear. I had 3 problems out of 5 appliances. The front panel of the wall oven replaced since it was not working properly.

I'm still waiting a valve for the cooktop to be replaced and have no idea yet when it will be received. These have became minor problems with the failure of the refrigerator 8 days before. It started to give a noise similar to an airplane at take off! This is the 8th day with the same noise. Still waiting since they don't have spare part.

I informed my dealer that I don't want to keep this refrigerator anymore and ask to replace it with a new one since this was the third service call for this refrigerator (it was also not making enough amount of ice that is given on the guide as 4.2 lbs/day at Max Ice mode) and no one knows what happened to its parts after it had worked 9 days crazily. I paid almost $5000 for this refrigerator and I won't accept any other solution if they don't swap it out with a brand new one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I had a Jenn-Air stove that broke down. The electrical control panel stopped working, so the entire stove stopped working, because of improper heat control in the stove itself. The way Jenn-Air stoves from the 2000 to 2015 (I believe) were designed was flawed in that there was insufficient insulation to prevent heat from going from the oven to the panel. The influx of heat into the control panel caused them to overheat and cease working.

The Jenn-Air repairman came to my house and told me that there was nothing he could do. The company's design was flawed and the panel could not be repaired. The Jenn-Air repairman told me that the company had been aware of the problem but kept selling the stoves nonetheless. Moreover, the company decided not to provide replacements for the control panels. Effectively, when your Jenn-Air stove breaks down for this reason, you cannot repair the panel nor replace it. We were told by the Jenn-Air representatives that you have to buy a new stove. For which they do not offer discounts.

The fact that Jenn-Air has been aware of the problem for years and not only did nothing to fix the issue, but kept selling the stove, is plainly not what one would expect from an honest company. Moreover, Jenn-Air's solution of buying another entirely new stove really just adds insult to injury. I am never again buying anything from this company. As an anecdote, apparently Jenn-Air's great reputation was built in the 70s, 80s and 90s, but later on they started cheapening out on the quality of their products, trying instead to rely solely on the reputation that they had earned through previous decades.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I just replaced my old Jenn-Air downdraft slide in for a new one. I love some of the new features and miss some of the old ones. I used to have two timers, this has one. The old one have me a one minute warning, and then three tones until I responded. This wimpy timer gives no warning, and then one tone every minute. Useless in my mind. This is not a true slide in, and I was shocked to find I needed to do some major cutting on my granite counter top, and that was after they told me it would fit. The stove top knobs are on the top, I prefer them on the front. The knobs are round, and very slippery. That are difficult to grab and turn. I like the element top as now my large skillets sit directly on the glass, and not on the edge of the cartridges. I also like the fact the oven vents from the back, and not from the downdraft grate in the middle. The finish on my previous oven melted from the constant heat from this grate.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I remodeled my home after hurricane Sandy. I purchased the pro model kitchen appliances for my kitchen. I am disgusted with the quality of these top priced pieces of junk. The refrigerator has leaked out the bottom from day one. I have spent over $1000 and 4 people have tried to fix it. Ice forms under the basket in the freezer and it continuously leaks. The dishwasher does not clean. The interior baskets and parts are made of a plastic that breaks quickly.

The top drawer is supposed to move up and down, it broke in the first week I owned it and the company would not honor the warranty, nor did the place we purchased it from want to help us get it fixed. So we use it BROKEN. The wall microwave/convection oven constantly turns off in the middle of its cooking cycle. We have had it repaired 6 times and it continues to not function properly. The Oven's computer control panel is horribly glitchy and gets stuck in programs. These products are absolutely horrible. DO NOT PURCHASE THEM.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I purchased my Jenn-Air, stove, cooktop and warming drawer first of October. As I am sure everyone who does construction is aware, it did not go as planned. We did not get our appliances in until the end of March. I submitted the rebate without the serial numbers just so they would know it would be a while. When I went to submit for my rebate they told me it was too late. How crooked of them to put a time frame on a rebate when they know full well construction NEVER goes as planned. And no one would wait two weeks before to order their appliances. WE WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN!!! They just showed us what kind of company they are and we believe them!

Original review: March 31, 2017

I remodeled my kitchen 12 years ago and purchased all new Jenn-Air Pro-Style Appliances -- range, hood, dishwasher, refrigerator, wall oven, microwave, and warming drawer. Within the first year, all but one appliance required a service call but they were all covered under the one year warranty. At 10 years, the refrigerator was deemed non-repairable (compressor failed) so I had to get a new one costing a few thousand dollars. At 11 years, the oven igniter required replacement. At 12 years, the dishwasher required $300 in repairs for the service call, cables, and door hinges. At 12 years, one burner valve failed on the gas range. The problem is that parts were discontinued and cannot be located anywhere and since the burner is leaking gas, the range has to be replaced.

When I purchased the Jenn-Air appliances, I thought the Jenn-Air name stood for quality lasting products I guess I was wrong. The shocking thing is that after a number of years, they discontinue parts and so in some instances, the customer is required to purchase new appliances. The part I needed only cost about $170 while a new range similar to mine is over $5400! Jenn-Air is willing to give me a 'deal' on a new comparable Jenn-Air range but it will still cost me several thousand dollars and my fear is that if there are issues later on and no parts are available, I will be in the same situation. Also, reviews online of the new comparable model were not very favorable.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

We have a Jenn-Air double oven, fridge, and dishwasher... All of which have had multiple problems since we purchased them. Thankfully we purchased the extended warranties. The Fridge has been replaced, the oven circuit board has been replaced 3 times, and now the warranty company doesn't want to fix the oven. These appliances are the worst quality for the price I have ever seen!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I purchased a Jenn-Air refrigerator, range and steam oven in June of 2016. The total cost of these appliances was nearly 20-k. At the time of purchase Jenn-Air had a promotion which resulted in a $400 installation rebate. Due to slower than expected construction I had to push back delivery of the appliances. When I called my sales rep to explain this and ask about the rebate, she stated Jenn-Air had extended the promotion through 2016 therefore there would be no issue obtaining the rebate. Well I recently submitted the rebate and received a denial notice from Jenn-Air stating that the promotion I was eligible for expired at the end of June and all rebate forms had to be submitted by August.

When I explained that the delivery was delayed and there was no way I could have had the forms submitted by the deadline the rep said sorry but since the appliances were purchased in June I was not eligible for the July-December promotion and I had missed the window to submit the Jan-June promotion. I asked what the difference between the two promotions was and the rep said the promotional dates. I then asked to speak with a manager. The manager stated the same and was downright nasty. Amazing to me that Jenn-Air a.) has hired individuals like this to speak to their customers and b.) wouldn't work with a customer who received misinformation and had just spent a significant amount of money on three appliances. This will be the last time I purchase appliances from Jenn-Air.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

If you like the look of these knobs and dealing with this extra effort at cleaning day-in and day-out, then by all means go get you a Jenn-Air. Within weeks of owning, these rings come unglued... really! And because of the grease that flies everywhere when you're really cooking, these will not stay glued. I owned a Jenn-Air Electric before and loved it. But, I can't stand these knobs on this range!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Jennair oven JDR8895AAS - Purchased dual fuel Jenn-air April 2007. Had purchased extended warranty - good thing I did. In 2009 had to have control circuit board replaced (over $500 for parts and service,) as apparently using self clean on high fries the circuit board (I found this out online, after the fact, as Jenn-air does NOT tell you this. Jenn-air customer service unacceptable - unhelpful, refused to answer direct questions with direct answers). In March 2010 no convection mode - 'serviceman' (again under extended warranty via some small contractor company) barely competent, and appeared to fix problem - not. August 2010 convection fan will not shut off - same company sent another gent, who fixed problem and told me previous serviceman was incompetent.

August 2015 lower oven not holding temperature - at this point I did not renew extended warranty (price now 150% more?!) Researched problem online and bought new oven temperature probes - apparently problem fixed. August 2016 both ovens will not bake, broil, or roast. Five different diagnostic codes for both ovens, stating sensor resistance outside limits. Currently researching what is my cheapest option - fix this overpriced made by Whirlpool trash, or replace it. Only 9.75 years old, and repair costs have exceeded original cost?! Unacceptable product - poorly made, designed for obsolescence and multiple purchases. I will never buy another Jenn-air product again. Please Do Not Purchase any Jenn-air product - a once excellent company is now Whirlpool trash.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

We purchased a kitchen suite when remodeling our kitchen in 2008. Never had a problem with any of our Jenn-Air appliances. We have an electric slide stove, French door refrigerator, dishwasher and over the range convection microwave. We are now building a new home and I just ordered all Jenn-Air Pro appliances. I don't understand all of the negative reviews. I have several friends with the Jenn-Air brand and they love their appliances.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

We have a Jenn-Air fridge and a Jenn-Air microwave. We certainly would never have bought badly designed, low quality appliances like this - they came with the house. The fridge is huge on the outside and has almost no space on the inside. The left door has some idiotic flap so you can only close the double doors if you close the left door first. Of course the only reason to build something like this is to spite and annoy whoever is stupid enough to buy it.

The microwave is even worse than the fridge. For one it doesn't rotate. I now fully grasp why every single microwave out there (except this one) rotates your food: if it doesn't it will only heat up in one place and stay cold everywhere else. Jenn-Air's solution to this? If you run something that takes 2 minutes to heat the microwave will beep after 1 minute and prompt you to rotate your food. No kidding. Finally, they didn't make the door standard: it opens like a drawer. So that you spill your drink if the cup is too full. I cannot believe anyone would ever buy anything made by Jenn-Air. It's all garbage.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

We built our house 10 years ago and chose all Jenn-Air appliances. Very bad decision! The ice maker on the fridge has never worked. The oven door has fallen off twice. The door on the microwave has fallen off and can't be replaced so we have to buy a new one to the tune of $2,500. The dishwasher is the worst I've ever experienced. It burns the plastic parts and I've replaced them many times. The igniters on the cooktop has been replace twice and the knobs melt so I've replace them. I realize Jenn-Air will probably never see this or care but if I warn others not to purchase this product then maybe some good has come from this review.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

I can hardly disagree with numerous complaints on this website. I have been told Whirlpool has purchased Jenn-Air, which may be a good thing unless Whirlpool assumes the same posture Jenn-Air has adopted regarding customer service or, rather, lack thereof. Without sounding redundant, after reading at least thirty consumer complaints, I will only say Jenn-Air has been a miserable failure in appliance quality, and apparently worse in customer service.

A motor that hums loudly in an oven (beginning less than 90 days after first use), even louder in the convection oven, a dishwasher that hasn't cleaned dishes correctly from day one, a light bulb that went out in the first year of use, and a refrigerator that makes a noise reminiscent of a previous one when the compressor went out. In simpler terms, a kitchen filled with faulty, defective and/or deficient appliances that are sub-par at very least. Customer disservice is at its peak. Lesson learned: we should have spent more for either Viking or Wolf appliances, even Bosch would be an upgrade from Jenn-Air.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

Our Jenn-Air range with dual fuel and downdraft has NEVER been right. We've replaced the glass control panel a few times and within a year, it still isn't right. Now I know why after reading most of the reviews here. It all makes sense. The glue in the wiring gets hot when the oven is on and melts the wires. Simple but for whatever reason, Jenn-Air will not take responsibility for this and keeps putting out those faulty wiring parts and ovens/ranges. Do not waste your $$$ on this product!!! I also would only give 0 stars if possible.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

I spent almost 20,000 on my Jenn Air appliances for my dream kitchen. When the oven was being installed, the door broke. We called Jen Air to replace the door parts that had been compromised. This was the end of APRIL! The technician came to look/fix the oven and told us he had to order the parts and that they would be here in 2 weeks. No one called us back after 2 weeks. When my husband called, they said that the company sent the wrong parts and that they had to re-order the parts again.

We waited again. No one called us back AGAIN! We called and the same thing was told to us. They sent the wrong parts for the second time. So, we waited. We sent the technician multiple pictures to his phone and email to get the situation solved. The parts were re-ordered, but this time, no one could come fix the oven because the technician was on vacation. (We live in the GTA and you are telling me there is only 1 technician???).

We made an appointment for the technician to come fix the oven in July. I took the day off of work to wait for him. No one showed up, no one called. I called the company at 4:00 and they told me that the parts that came in were the wrong parts so they have to re-order the parts for the third time. They told us that the technician would call us next week. Guess what? No one called. I called the company again and they told me the parts have not arrived and that they would be in this week. No one called me this week and here I am sitting with a very expensive oven that was delivered to my house in March and it is now the middle of August and I have not yet used my oven. Just a little ridiculous... our family and friends cannot believe what we are going through.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I thought spending $2500 for a down draft 4 burner gas range and convection oven the quality would be built in. WRONG, one wouldn't believe the cheap materials used in the assembly of this unit. Stamped steel, steel screws that were rusted after 1 year which I wanted to replace with stainless but was warned it would void my warranty and a lot of I'm pretty sure is pot metal. Very difficult to thoroughly clean the burners since they also say not to remove them for this purpose. Bottom line Jenn-Air spring for some quality like you used to be known for. These images are of a stove that belongs to a friend which is out of warranty.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

We have had to replace far too many parts on our Jenn-Air range. We have had to replace three burner knobs at a cost of $18.60 each, two heating elements and other parts. We will never buy another Jenn-Air product.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

Like several others - we did a complete kitchen remodel (down to the studs) and thank goodness we only bought a Jenn-Air free-standing range (JGR 8875QDB). It was purchased 9-15-2004 and first went out 11-14-2005. Took many calls to get it fixed (and we had to pay for it). Then it was replaced AGAIN 1-31-2009. It has now gone out for the 3rd time. The knobs on the front are plastic and we only have 3 (replacement cost at $20). I rate this a 1-star because it wouldn't let me do zero stars. Our fridge is a 20+ yr old Whirlpool that has never given us any problems. Jenn-Air - never again and I tell EVERYONE that is considering your product this story and hope they learn from our experience.

Original review: May 18, 2016

Dec 29, 2010 (so actually only 5 years ago) I purchased an undercounter diswahser (JDB3600AWS) - $1200, a 30" 4 Burner cooktop (JGD3430WS) - $1700 and a Double Electric Oven (JJW2827WS) - $3600... At the time these were (and still are) considered higher end. All (3) components are now broken. The dishwasher lost some functions (no more 1-hour cycle, no China setting either) and now doesn't drain. What a pc. of **!

The cooktop: The igniter started to "SNAP" by itself with no one asking for flame. Heck we weren't even around it and it was not being used!!! Nice Jenn-Air. What if we weren't home. Would your product have burnt my house down!!??? Again your products suck!! Finally the stove will not come up to temperature and tells me to call Jenn-Air, go figure!

I cannot believe the quality and perception Jenn-Air believes their products have. "Durable" goods by definition means for the long haul but not Jenn-Air products, they are banking on your repair costs. This is obvious as no one will repair them and you must call Jenn-Air. Nice business case Jenn-Air! I've called (3) repair houses. All (3) refused to work on Jenn-Air. When I call Jenn-Air, they want $140 just to show up!!! WTF!! ARE YOU JOKING! Bottom line... I will NEVER buy Jenn-Air again (period)!!!

Original review: April 23, 2016

I had a Jenn-Air oven/stove top unit from the 1980's that is still being used at my friend's home. Not one problem. When I moved to my new house and built the kitchen, I purchased the 6 burner stove top. Thankfully that was the only Jenn-Air product I purchased. First and foremost they do not offer the 6 burner (3 inset units) in Stainless Steel. The polished black is horrible to keep clean. I even have housekeepers who are professionals at cleaning and they have a difficult time keeping it clean. The thing that really bothers me is that the red indicator light that shows when the burner is turned on, pretty well dissolves and so far has had to be replaced 4 times. I am getting ready to call the repairman again for yet another replacement. I should also explain that I rarely cook! I would estimate that I use that cook top twice a week at most.

I was told when I called to have repairman come (they changed the rules where I can't call the repairman directly--I have to contact Jenn-Air) that I should turn the light off and not use it. DUH! How the heck can you use the product when you can't turn on the burner? I almost would look forward to replacing it if it weren't for the fact that the countertop had to be cut to fit it in the island. It is much larger than the other brands that with which I would use as a replacement.

Original review: April 22, 2016

Jenn-Air does not support its products!! This is my third Jenn-Air stove product and it will be my LAST! Jenn-Air does not provide any support. Unit does not have standard knobs as some of the burners are double burners. I pay over $2,000 for a gas downdraft drop in range with 4 different types of control knobs and they do not have the control knobs I need... What am I supposed to do, buy another range for $2,000 because I cannot buy $20 knobs? Maybe I'll buy a new range, but not from these folks. Also, model number is not in any of the written materials, which I kept. Customer service says the only way I can find the model number is to pull the range out from between the cabinets.... not easy to do when it's hooked up to a GAS LINE!! No model number anywhere else... very poor planning. I would rate a zero if I could! RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT PURCHASE FROM JENN-AIR.

Original review: March 4, 2016

2 and a half years ago, we purchased the highest end Jenn-Air kitchen Appliance for our new remodeled kitchen, that included fridge, wall oven convection, and microwave convection as well as a warming drawer and a dishwasher. So far we had at least 2 issues with each item, and we purchased the extended service plan as well... it seems that it only covers just electrical and mechanical issue just like the factory warranty.

Then last year the microwave glass panels developed a drip spot inside the panels, nothing of our doing, and mind you these panels supposedly are air tight and sealed... how can they tell me this is a cosmetic issue and is not covered by factory or extended warranty! I am baffled as to how this spot of white substance is in there, and it's so irritating to look especially when you keep an immaculate clean home, I am so embarrassed by it and refuse to pay for service on a manufacturer defect just like all the other issues we have had. I will never ever purchase their garbage again, and I wouldn't even give them 1 star. Don't waste your hard earned money... I could have purchased a cheaper brand 3 times already for the money I spent.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

The warranty for extended care is absolutely a ripoff and covers little if anything, that could go wrong. I needed a replacement rack for the dishwasher I have and was billed $300. This rack and its replacement is an overly complicated piece of trash. The rack fell apart and I ordered and paid for a new one. The spray was attached and needed a pro to unattach from the broken arm and reattached to the new rack, and the warranty refused to pay. For what this cost, totally, I would have been better off with a new machine, which, in the future will not be a Jenn-Air or similar product. They are a bad news outfit.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

Jennair Stove JGS8850ADS - This is my third time replacing the control panel. I see it is now $235. I refuse to purchase it at that cost and think it may be better that I buy a new stove and NOT another Jenn-Air. I have been very disappointed about the performance. The burners need replacement. I am very frustrated. I have not used the oven in over 6 months.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

Purchased the appliance package for a free hood and dishwasher. Natural gas stove has no simmer function - I'm not kidding - I have to double up my top grate to get the heat low enough. I've had my plumber out twice and it just can't be fixed. The refrigerator is even worse! The water that dispenses from the door does not come out of a cooling tank and is room temperature. I called the technical support line and they told me I need to use ice to cool the water down - how ridiculous is that? I had a cheaper GE profile in my last house that gave us 16 ounces of cold water every 30 minutes or so. The storage in the fridge is also subpar. Dishwasher takes FOREVER!!! Microwave continues making a loud noise even after the cooking has finished. I seriously despise my appliance package and will NEVER buy Jenn-Air again.

Jenn-Air Company Information