Find a Microwaves partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Jenn-Air Microwaves Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air Microwaves?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Purchased a built-in drop down door Jenn-Air microwave/ convection oven in 2018. Door hinge came loose in 2020. Door does not close completely so therefore turns off mid cycle. I have so slam it shut for it to catch! I have had a technician out 3 times! They replaced switches on panel but failed to look at the door hinges. I have been waiting for over 1 month for the part to be delivered. Made attempts to call Whirlpool Factory Service however all agents busy! I would not recommend purchasing a Jenn-Air product. Quality isn't what it used to be.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

The exhaust fan on my microwave has louvers that open and close every time the microwave runs. This piece is approximately 30” long. After using this microwave for only a few months it fell off about a year ago and hit me on the head, chipped my stove and then landed on my foot. I had a knot on my head for several weeks and a small cut. Jenn-Air replaced this part and sent a service guy to install it. Now about a year later it has broken again. The part that holds the louvers is made out of very thin brittle plastic. Both areas that the screws go through to hold the louvers to the microwave are broken. Luckily I noticed it was loose before it hit me in the head again. This is a very poor design and should be made out of metal instead of thin plastic. There is stress put on this very thin plastic every time you use the microwave. Others have complained of this louver breaking in the same place.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

We purchased our home about 2 1/2 years ago. The home came with high end Jenn-Air appliances. We have had a number of software and equipment issues but the manufacturer covered them until now. Warranty was up and our Microwave had a faulty door switch which caused the electrical panel breaker to trip and would not allow the microwave to power back up until replaced. This is an incredible microwave and has every feature you can imagine and more but it is built with inferior materials that do not hold up under what I would call is less than normal use. By the extended warranty assuming it covers door switches. Part # WB24X830. I believe this is a poor design and should have been covered by the Manufacturer.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Same as the rest. Had problems with error codes. Called Jenn Air was told to turn off breaker to restart. It would restart but the problem has occurred several times over a few years until recently it will no longer restart. Called Jenn Air and was told out of warranty and were not willing to help at all. Obviously it is a defective problem which they know about but are not willing to recall.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Two years ago we replaced an old microwave with a new Jenn-air that cost $800. The clock started breaking down almost immediately and yesterday the whole thing stopped working. We only bought Jenn-air because it fit in a particular space in our kitchen but we won't be buying any more of their products ever again.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

My husband and I bought a brand new house 3 years ago from a builder and he installed all Jenn Air appliances in the house. First week after we moved in, the fridge didn’t work. After numerous calls and multiple services we found out that its compressor was not working. (A brand new fridge with broken compressor??) In the end, they could not fix it so we had to switch to a new fridge, going through such a hassle. Next one was microwave. The turner inside often wasn’t rotating so we had to deal with some burnt food. Again after many service calls, it got fixed. After that was our cooktop oven. This was about a year after we moved in. Gas igniter plus burner were making scary noises - sounds of some leaking gas - when using. Again service call after call, it got fixed. It didn’t stop there.

Next time it was the dishwasher. First, this brand new dishwasher couldn’t clean better than my 15 yr old Bosch one. Have to pre-wash each and every dish before putting into the machine; otherwise, many of them came out dirty and have to do dishes again. Also, due to its flimsy design inside, most of dishes are falling on each other so it needs extra caution???? This is not a mechanic failure so we can’t get any service but just feeling sorry for ourselves! Our problems didn’t end there. Now it is our microwave and oven. Its computerized panel shows that there is a problem (which nobody knows) so we call Jenn air service Centre. We don’t know what the problem is and waiting for a service guy.

It is our third year owning all these Jenn air so-called higher end brand products and each and every one failed to meet our expectations. I can’t believe 4 out of 4 appliances had problems. We had no choice but if any friends or family mention Jenn air, we told them our ill experienced story right away. No Jenn air in the future for sure. They copied their exterior design from top European brands -they look nice and stylish- but without the technology and user friendly options. Therefore performance was really poor and below our expectations. Wish we can give no stars at all. :(.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

We spent 20,000 on all Jenn-Air products for our new kitchen remodel. Stay away from these products. It took four visits to get our microwave correct. Then our 42" built-in refrigerator started freezing the food and leaking. The door seal was bad. Everything in the produce drawers freezes unless the drawers are on Deli setting. Doors don't close by themselves. You have to literally push hard to close the doors. Dishwasher needed new circuit board already. The ovens are sounding like they are coming on when they are not.

One morning when I came down I felt heat like the oven came on during the night. Scary. The only thing I haven't had repaired has been the cook top. Poor designs on everything. I had to be with out these products for weeks when they are practically brand new. Another service call on Friday to replace the circuit board. This is a nightmare. Stay away from these products!!!! I am beyond stressed as we don't have the money to just go get new appliances.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Although this appliance is working well now, it has had service many number of times and has been replaced once, all after warranty had expired on it.

Original review: July 4, 2019

It works as advertised. We've noticed that the plastic cover over the keypad is wearing out after just a few years of operation. Aside from that the unit works well. It is utilized daily and have never had any operational issues.

Original review: July 1, 2019

We bought our new Jenn-Air microwave oven combination one year ago; paid a ton of $$. We have had 4 service calls and are now on a first name basis with the repair woman. About once or twice every month - or once every 20 or 30 uses, the microwave unit just quits. The recommended solution is a "hard reset," which means you go to the circuit breaker panel and shut the power off to the unit for one minute...1,001 1,002 1,003... and then turn it back on (can you say, "reboot"?). Most of the electrical parts have been replaced on the microwave, but pretty much made no difference. I realize that is difficult to track down a sporadic problem, but we can't be the only ones with this problem. If we had it to do over, we would definitely purchase some other brand. We will never again purchase a Jenn-Air anything.

Jenn-Air Microwaves Company Information