Jenn-Air Microwaves

• 1%
  • 1%
  • 88%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Reviewed March 4, 2024

All my appliances are Jenn-Air microwave. Every one has had major problems. The oven control have been replaced, I am on my third or fourth dishwasher. Currently, the Microwave start button is not working (repair is about $800). Many of my neighbors have replaced their Jenn Air with other brands. You will not buy JennAir if you read many of the organic reviews online.

Profile pic of the author.
    Customer Service

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2024

We remodeled our home and put in a Jenn Air drawer microwave. It worked fine for the first 1 1/2 years and then it started to turn on all by itself. Luckily, I was up watching TV when I smelled burning wires. I tried to stop it, but none of the buttons worked. It was hot to the touch, so I forcefully pulled the door open to get it to stop. That worked (thankfully). I put a fan on it to cool it down. But the next day, it would turn on by itself and do the same thing. It worked sometimes and then start messing up again. It would ask for the weight of something, even though no one was using it. We unplugged the microwave because we didn't want to burn down the house while we were sleeping at night.

I started a case with Jenn Air and it has been over 4 months of dealing with them. They will not replace it. This is insane. We will not use it. Instead, we have a small cheap microwave on the counter. What a waste of money. I don't recommend Jenn Air because they won't deal with the issues (not to mention you will be on hold for 45+ minutes each call). All they do is send a tech out, and then the tech says they don't know what is wrong (because it is sporadic). So Jenn Air's answer is for us to continue using a microwave that decides to turn itself on spontaneously, get hot, and almost burn the house down. I will NOT use this microwave!!!! Still trying to get Jenn Air to replace it. Too much money for something that didn't last long. Plus, this is dangerous!

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase
      Staff

Reviewed Sept. 21, 2021

Purchased a built-in drop down door Jenn-Air microwave/ convection oven in 2018. Door hinge came loose in 2020. Door does not close completely so therefore turns off mid cycle. I have so slam it shut for it to catch! I have had a technician out 3 times! They replaced switches on panel but failed to look at the door hinges. I have been waiting for over 1 month for the part to be delivered. Made attempts to call Whirlpool Factory Service however all agents busy! I would not recommend purchasing a Jenn-Air product. Quality isn't what it used to be.

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

The exhaust fan on my microwave has louvers that open and close every time the microwave runs. This piece is approximately 30” long. After using this microwave for only a few months it fell off about a year ago and hit me on the head, chipped my stove and then landed on my foot. I had a knot on my head for several weeks and a small cut. Jenn-Air replaced this part and sent a service guy to install it. Now about a year later it has broken again. The part that holds the louvers is made out of very thin brittle plastic. Both areas that the screws go through to hold the louvers to the microwave are broken. Luckily I noticed it was loose before it hit me in the head again. This is a very poor design and should be made out of metal instead of thin plastic. There is stress put on this very thin plastic every time you use the microwave. Others have complained of this louver breaking in the same place.

Coverage

Reviewed Jan. 16, 2021

We purchased our home about 2 1/2 years ago. The home came with high end Jenn-Air appliances. We have had a number of software and equipment issues but the manufacturer covered them until now. Warranty was up and our Microwave had a faulty door switch which caused the electrical panel breaker to trip and would not allow the microwave to power back up until replaced. This is an incredible microwave and has every feature you can imagine and more but it is built with inferior materials that do not hold up under what I would call is less than normal use. By the extended warranty assuming it covers door switches. Part # WB24X830. I believe this is a poor design and should have been covered by the Manufacturer.

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2021

We have had our microwave/convection oven for about seven years. It still looks and acts brand new. The only caution I would have is make sure you measure it before you buy it. It is a bit longer than any other microwave we’ve ever purchased so we had to get fancy to fit it in the built-in space. By far the best microwave we’ve owned. It cleans up very easily too. Would recommend.

Reliability

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2020

Same as the rest. Had problems with error codes. Called Jenn Air was told to turn off breaker to restart. It would restart but the problem has occurred several times over a few years until recently it will no longer restart. Called Jenn Air and was told out of warranty and were not willing to help at all. Obviously it is a defective problem which they know about but are not willing to recall.

Reviewed June 22, 2020

Two years ago we replaced an old microwave with a new Jenn-air that cost $800. The clock started breaking down almost immediately and yesterday the whole thing stopped working. We only bought Jenn-air because it fit in a particular space in our kitchen but we won't be buying any more of their products ever again.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2020

My husband and I bought a brand new house 3 years ago from a builder and he installed all Jenn Air appliances in the house. First week after we moved in, the fridge didn’t work. After numerous calls and multiple services we found out that its compressor was not working. (A brand new fridge with broken compressor??) In the end, they could not fix it so we had to switch to a new fridge, going through such a hassle. Next one was microwave. The turner inside often wasn’t rotating so we had to deal with some burnt food. Again after many service calls, it got fixed. After that was our cooktop oven. This was about a year after we moved in. Gas igniter plus burner were making scary noises - sounds of some leaking gas - when using. Again service call after call, it got fixed. It didn’t stop there.

Next time it was the dishwasher. First, this brand new dishwasher couldn’t clean better than my 15 yr old Bosch one. Have to pre-wash each and every dish before putting into the machine; otherwise, many of them came out dirty and have to do dishes again. Also, due to its flimsy design inside, most of dishes are falling on each other so it needs extra caution???? This is not a mechanic failure so we can’t get any service but just feeling sorry for ourselves! Our problems didn’t end there. Now it is our microwave and oven. Its computerized panel shows that there is a problem (which nobody knows) so we call Jenn air service Centre. We don’t know what the problem is and waiting for a service guy.

It is our third year owning all these Jenn air so-called higher end brand products and each and every one failed to meet our expectations. I can’t believe 4 out of 4 appliances had problems. We had no choice but if any friends or family mention Jenn air, we told them our ill experienced story right away. No Jenn air in the future for sure. They copied their exterior design from top European brands -they look nice and stylish- but without the technology and user friendly options. Therefore performance was really poor and below our expectations. Wish we can give no stars at all. :(.

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2019

We spent 20,000 on all Jenn-Air products for our new kitchen remodel. Stay away from these products. It took four visits to get our microwave correct. Then our 42" built-in refrigerator started freezing the food and leaking. The door seal was bad. Everything in the produce drawers freezes unless the drawers are on Deli setting. Doors don't close by themselves. You have to literally push hard to close the doors. Dishwasher needed new circuit board already. The ovens are sounding like they are coming on when they are not.

One morning when I came down I felt heat like the oven came on during the night. Scary. The only thing I haven't had repaired has been the cook top. Poor designs on everything. I had to be with out these products for weeks when they are practically brand new. Another service call on Friday to replace the circuit board. This is a nightmare. Stay away from these products!!!! I am beyond stressed as we don't have the money to just go get new appliances.

Jenn-Air Microwaves Company Information