4.47/5

Looking for a pool company?

Currently service Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island, New York

Island Recreational offers a variety of pools, spas and quality supplies to suit your needs. With customer service being a top goal, we strive to provide our customers with care and maintenance advice through our White Glove Pool Service. We currently service Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island. We pride ourselves in the best selection at the best prices and are happy to answer any questions you have on your new products and supplies.

Looking for a pool company?

Island Recreational Reviews

Original review: April 8, 2015

Store is well stocked, employees are very knowledgeable and kind. They know where everything is and eager to help. I shop there every week in the season.

Original review: April 8, 2015

Very good customer service. Good and very cooperative staff. Overall excellent services.

Original review: April 8, 2015

My purchase because it was on sale at a decent price... Because this is off-season I received quick service. During summer it is usually crowded and the cash registers are very slow. They have the lowest prices for pool items especially when there is a sale. Musing backup.

Original review: April 8, 2015

Easy to get the pool salt at a good price. Receipts are a little funny when using credit card.

Original review: April 8, 2015

I got pumps, some other chemicals, and chairs from Island Recreational. We prefer buying from them because of the price. Their people are very helpful too. We have found everything we need from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Island Recreational?

Original review: April 8, 2015

I have been very happy shopping at Island Rec. They always have the parts I need in stock.

Original review: April 7, 2015

Bought a pool cleaner. Trident above the ground pool cleaner #DD 200. The associate that helped me was familiar with the product.

Original review: April 7, 2015

Store employees were very helpful and polite. Great experience. Will shop again at this location.

Original review: April 7, 2015

I have always been happy with the availability and price of the items I have routinely purchased during pool season.. When I needed a new pool filter the price was right. And the periodic sales on pool chemicals/supplies are hard to beat.

Original review: April 7, 2015

Was very happy with help and attention of ** in the Coram store. Only issue is that installer was supposed to call the day after my purchase and they still haven't called. ** was great as were the prices.

Very helpful associates.

Original review: April 7, 2015

I have been using Island Rec. products for years now. The only thing cheap about them is the price. They all do a good job in my pool.

Factual basis uncertain
      Original review: April 7, 2015

Purchasing the pool liner: Sales person refused to listen to me when I told him I know what pool liner I have. He insisted I had a different one. Pool liner he ordered was wrong and the other liner I told him I had had to be ordered. (Didn't find out till the installers came to put it in.)

Installing the pool liner: After the first issue, they gave me a installation date that was at the end of the pool season. After going round and round I finally had a workable date. (I will say the Gentleman who helped me out over the phone was awesome.) When the installer came, he strong armed me for $100.00! Telling me he had to fix something on the wall of the pool and if I didn't he would call and tell them the pool was unserviceable and the whole project would be scrubbed right there! So with 2 young Children who just about live in the pool, and dealing with the last fiasco, what was I to do. By the way, they sent someone out to look at the pool prior to work being done. So, you tell me how you think I feel about Island Recreational.

Original review: April 7, 2015

I attended the grand reopening of the Massapequa store. I was one of the early arrivals so I ordered my free gift and made a purchase while there. ** was very helpful sorting out the line and made for a pleasant experience.

Original review: April 7, 2015

The positive is that all of my questions were answered and I wasn't rushed. All aspects of buying a new pool were explained in detail, and the best price for what I was interested in was given to me. The negative side of this purchase was simply, having to wait 45 minutes or longer to get attended to. I originally came to the same store two weeks prior, and left because of the long wait. I came back to give it one more shot, and it still took a long time before someone helped me. I haven't had the pool installed yet. We'll see how that part of it goes. Hopefully all goes well. My appt. is April 25th to check the existing area. (This will be a replacement pool) And hopefully, there will be no surprises.

Original review: April 7, 2015

I was very pleased with the sails rep. He explained the pump function and the rebate program. I live down the block from your Franklin Square store. I always buy our pool need there. I went to the new store to get salt. That's when I found out about the pump. All of your sales people are very nice.

Original review: April 6, 2015

I have been buying my pool supplies from Island Rec since 1985. I have purchased 2 pools from them and have been satisfied with everything.

Original review: April 6, 2015

We moved to Deer park in 1980. That year we purchased a ceiling fan @ the Ronkonkoma location, I believe. ** was my salesperson, and she is still with the company. Since then, we have had like four pools and all the accessories from all of the stores. I was even in the Dallas store years ago. We are a completely satisfied customers and brag about the good service and prices all summer long. Bring back the midnight madness sales around Christmas and the $30.00 bonus if we sign up for $100 every year on our credit card. Recently married **, and, of course ** are my favorite employees.

Original review: April 6, 2015

Viist to your store on 4/3/2015 - Staff was very helpful. What I need was in stock.

Original review: April 6, 2015

I am very happy with the service at the Franklin Square store. They are always helpful and answer my questions and have good advice when needed.

Original review: April 5, 2015

I've been using Recreational Pools for years. I use all of their services. Their customer service is good and they have great people that work there. They did a pool a long time ago and now since we moved and I have an in-ground pool, I buy everything from them.They did my salt sample, everything. Everything is through them and nobody else. It's very easy purchasing from them. You go into the store, they're very attentive to their customers. I had a problem once, they corrected it right then and there. They took care of it. Massapequa's store burnt down and now it's back in service, and one of the supervisors and an employee of his were terrific. I went over there for the grand opening and they took care of everything. They did a really good job.

Original review: April 3, 2015

Sales people were very friendly and helpful. Thank You.

Original review: April 2, 2015

I just wanted to let you all know how happy I am with the purchase and installation of my new pool. I got a great deal on a 24x12x52 pool package. Comes with everything I needed. Great quality pool and accessories at a great price. Smithworks LTD did an amazing job on the installation. It only took them 3 hours to dig out and install my new pool and came back 2 days later to back fill it and hook up my filter and pump and salt chlorinator and also covered my pool for me so it wouldn't get dirty until I'm ready to use it. Thanks to you all I'm a beyond satisfied customer.

Original review: March 31, 2015

I used to go to Island Recreational's Centereach store when it was still open. But now I just go to their Deer Park store even if it's a little far from me. They are good guys and the manager is extremely nice, so I had a pleasant experience with them. They've got a good price, too.

Original review: March 30, 2015

The sales representative was able to match the price I found online for the same liner and it came with a free installation.

Original review: March 30, 2015

Staff was very knowledgeable and help me load the salt in my car.

Original review: March 29, 2015

overall, my experience with Island Recreation has been good but I am currently in limbo about how I think about them until such time that I get my refund back from PSE&G, the power company. In Island Recreational's advertisement, it stated something about free pool motor, that PSE&G would give me $350 back, and that the pool company would give me $349 back - which the latter did in store credit.

Original review: March 28, 2015

Purchased some saline and chlorine from Island Recreational because they have a better price. Also bought a pump and they would shoulder the installation of the pump. I’m waiting for a warmer time to install it but it should be for installation. This is a case of good service and I'm happy to again deal with Island Recreational.

Original review: March 26, 2015

Island Recreational provided some chemicals and pool pump for us. Their people assisted me on what I needed to find and they didn't try to sell me other stuff that I wasn't looking for. They were very good with helping me in the store and knowing where everything was. It was a positive experience all-in-all.

Original review: March 24, 2015

I've been using Island Recreational Pools for years. I have a lot of things from them. We recently purchased a heat pump, which they installed and everything went well. They did a great job. It worked out great from start to finish. I have no problem with them.

Island Recreational Company Information