4.60/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Independent Home is America's Leader in Affordable Walk-In Tubs. Our mission is to help seniors and the disabled bathe safely and comfortably in their own home. With over 10 different models and sizes, we can meet the specific needs of any bathroom application. We look forward to serving you and your loved ones.

Independent Home Video
Independent Home Gallery (1)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

356 Independent Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Independent Home's walk-in tubs were a bit cheaper than some companies. I decided to buy from them a specific model that caught my eye. I wrote the man a check and hadn’t had any buying problem with it. The installation team got here by 8:00 that morning and left at 6:00. They did a very good job of putting it here. I like the idea and wanted that type of tub. It was easy to get in and out of it. I don't have to climb up over the side to get in there.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

We purchased a tub about 2 weeks ago and could not be more pleased. The tub is everything we had hoped for and more. The installers (Jerry and his 2 sons) completed the installation in one day and were so professional and helpful. They explained everything perfectly and even left a phone number if we needed anything or had any questions. We are VERY satisfied. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

After agreeing to purchase, my install was a nightmare! They ripped apart my door frame, dented my walls and baseboard and totally screwed up existing tile and didn't even clean up the floor. After complaining to the salesperson (Ari) he sent someone back to do repairs, however I had to replace all the tile because there was no way to repair it! Almost a year later the tub started leaking!

Spoke with Holly in 7/28/17. Over 3 months later I am still waiting for someone to come out and repair it! Had appt. 10/14/17 between 9 AM and 10 AM. At 10:20 I called (John) the repair guy who said he ran into traffic and is about 50 minute away! I told him I couldn't wait any longer and his response was - "I thought you said you would be home all day!!!" If I wasn't stuck with this tub, I would never buy from this company! DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE! Glad I saved the pictures from the install so you can see for yourself!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We moved into our house and my mother wants to stay downstairs. Her bathroom was old and we were going to re-do it. My husband said that we'd look at the walk-in bathtubs. I did a quick search and started looking. We talked with Independent Home reps. They were wonderful and did an amazing job. They were also local to the area and I like dealing with those companies. If there are problems, I can call them back and they'll fix it the next day. The guy who came out was super nice and he lived not far from us. Also, the installers were amazing.

The tub is a really good product and it fits in the space nicely with everything we wanted. It also has a good warranty which is good for five years. They were telling me about a lady who called at Thanksgiving whose daughter dropped a razor down it by accident and they came out that evening and fixed it. Overall, we've had a really good experience with Independent Home. I am extremely happy with how everything went and I have recommended them to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I had a new knee and got to walk with a cane. We have a big garden bathtub and one day I couldn’t get out of it. My wife has arthritis in her back so bad and she thought she had to get the neighbors to help her get me out again. That bathtub was worthless for us. The first company that came here to sell us a tub was priced at $17,800 and the next was $17,000, but we got the Independent Home walk-in tub at $10,800. That’s a big difference and I’m not a millionaire to put one in at $17,000. The purchasing experience with Independent Home was not at all hard, but we didn’t have money to throw at them and had to make up something.

The salesman did a super job and he finished the floor up for me. We had two big mirrors in our bathroom and I didn’t think they will put them up again but they did and it looks beautiful. We also had a shower beside our old tub in the same room so we took the bathtub out and they put in the walk-in tub and got twice as much room now. It’s so much better. They even hooked all the electric wiring in the basement for us and hooked all the plumbing back up. They came on a Sunday afternoon and tore the old tub out in pieces and I left it by the driveway. I thought it would stay there but when they were done, they loaded it up and hauled it away.

The second one that came to sell us a tub said that they are going into our bedroom and they have to tear a wall out and cut from the wall and they have to buy a new door. But with Independent Home, we took the door jamb off, put it all back in shape and hung the door and I didn’t have to buy a new one. Everything was cleaned and they fixed it all for us. Overall, it was perfect. Everything is covered for life and I never got to pay service calls. I’m well satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

We're getting up in advanced years and because of health reasons, it's more difficult for us to take an ordinary sit-down bath. After getting some mail from different companies that have the walk-in bathtub, we chose to go with Independent Home. Buying a bathtub from them was an easy process. They called and we chose a convenient time for the representative to come. 15 minutes before the representative arrived, he called and said he was on his way. He was here on time and was very courteous. He made his presentation then we sat down to discuss the price and it was very reasonable.

One of the main things on our decision, we had another company out, and they had made their presentation. But at the end of their presentation, they informed me that I was going to have to install a 50-gallon water heater. And when I asked this man about it, he said we won't have to install a bigger water heater. So he measured and said that the bathtub will go right through the door. It was a very easy installation as far as bringing it in the house, down the hall and right into the bathroom. The installation team was very courteous and well-prepared. They came in and assessed the situation as what they would have to do. They went back to the truck and got the necessary floor coverings and put them down. We had a real nice visit and they did a great job from start to finish.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I don't get around very good anymore and can't get in and out of the bathtub, so I got a walk-in bathtub and I like it. I chose Independent Home because of its price. It was easy to purchase from them, and the installation team did a good job.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

My mother-in-law is 86 and she’s frail and not a bath-taker. She’s a shower-taker but she got a little concerned and was always afraid of losing her balance in the shower, so I got the walk-in tub for her but can't get her in it. I always had a jacuzzi for 12 years and I loved it, until I moved to Clovis, New Mexico. I miss my jacuzzi but the walk-in tub is just as good and I’m tickled pink with it. My husband uses it too and he doesn’t even need it. I feel stupid because I didn't get it 10 years ago and only needed it two years ago.

Also, the salesman that I met from Independent Home came in fully prepared, had a lot of information and was very personable. We chose Independent Home because of him. We actually had a lot in common because we're about the same age and we're dealing with a mother who was elderly and we talked about that. He was wonderful and I liked everything about him. I don't know how much they pay him but he was worth every penny.

Plus, the guys who came to put it in, Sheldon, and Doug, and Matt, were in and out so fast. I expected them to be here all-day long or 8 hours a day at least, but they were in and out for about 5 hours and I hardly knew they were there. They did a wonderful job. They were a good crew and they knew exactly what they were doing. It's a big tub and I got a long hallway but they didn't bump anything or mark up any other walls. I always thought the hallway was narrow but they did a great job.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I’ve been hearing about walk-in bathtubs for years and I have some friends who had one. I’ve taken a bath in it too. I’m 92 years old and it’s easy for me to step in and step out in an Independent Home tub. With other tubs, you have to put your feet up and you don’t have something to hold on to, so it’s dangerous for older people. I called the dealer and someone came out to measure the place. He was nice. The installer was all right too. He showed me how the tub works and gave me a book with information to read.

I was satisfied with Independent Home except when you’re not a customer using the tub. After I used it one time, air came out of the holes. I was surprised, but they told me that was needed. It happens because they dry the tub out so it won’t have molds in it. The guys from Independent Home were all professional, nice, and courteous to me. They couldn’t have done any better.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Greg from the Independent Home dealer was very good. He sent me all the stuff through email and answered any questions I had. Ozzy, who did the installing, was absolutely wonderful and had a great personality. The gentleman who helped him, Joe, was good too. They got a little bit earlier than they thought but everything went smooth. Ozzy even went out his way to make sure everything’s safe. I have also referred a friend who's remodeling and she's going to contact Independent Home to get the bathtub.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I just turned 84 and it was getting too hard for me to lift my legs up to get into my tub. I've been getting literature in the mail about walk-in bathtubs, mainly from Independent Home, and I showed this to my daughter. My daughter said, "Mother, you can afford it. Get it." So, I got a walk-in bathtub from Independent Home and I love it. I got it for health reasons and, with my handicap, to make it easy for me to get into the tub. Purchasing the tub was very easy. I just called the dealer and they took my credit card information. They told me when they'd see me about the tub and they showed up when they said they would. The guys that installed the tub were very nice. Everything went well and I had a great experience with Independent Home.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

My mother could not get in and out of her garden tub anymore without potentially falling, so we got the Independent Home Supreme walk-in tub that has the shower feature and 32 jets. She can do whatever she wants to do with it. She can step in, close the door, have a seat, and take a bath or a shower. It was easy to purchase the tub from an Independent Home dealer. The reps were very knowledgeable and explained all the details concerning the tub, including its functions and how to take care of it. I could have gotten the same type of tub from another company. But when I told the rep that I was willing to pay $6,000 as an initial payment, he knocked $3,000 off the price of the tub, and that’s when I decided to go with Independent Home.

Another deciding factor in our purchasing from Independent Home was that they could be there in a couple of days to install, whereas I would've had to wait about three weeks with another company. The installers were courteous and trustworthy, and they did a good job. Overall, we had a very good experience with Independent Home. They've been professional, polite, concerned about our needs, and knowledgeable about the product and the needs of a person that required a walk-in tub.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I've seen walk-in tubs back in magazines for years. But at that time, my wife and I had good knees and hips. It was something that would be nice to have, but I don't need it. It got where both of us are having difficulties with joints. I decided to get one. Independent Home’s salesman came in and we’d bat the breeze. He was a likeable guy. The other outfit was American Standard and their salesman was the gnarliest and nastiest guy in the world. If we didn't go along with his feel, he would give dirty looks and acts upset. We knew we wanted the tub but Independent Home’s salesman made the difference. In terms of my dealing with the installation team, it was great. There were two guys who showed up. The door jammed to the casing around the door and they put all that back. They cleaned up and were courteous. They were very professional and did it in a very short period of time.

My wife uses it all the time but I don’t think I need it yet, although it does have a shower. But I sat at it one time and it felt good. She gets leg cramps, and sometimes she has to get up in the night. She will go sit in that tub, do its thing and she says it helps her. It’s great. It looks like a little higher quality chrome, doesn’t have any leaks in the bottom and no junk falling off. I weigh 300 pounds and when I step on it, I don't feel it sag where I stand. It feels like it's pretty well-built. My wife is pleased with it, and when she does, it means my life gets a lot better. I had a good experience and I would recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Scott and Barb were very efficient, they know the product and features. The installation procedure went very well. They keep everything clean, they do a great job. Nice people and we would recommend them 100%. Salesman Dave ** was very knowledgeable and manager Bryan ** was very helpful. I think we will be very happy with our new walk-in tub.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

A guy from Independent Home came by to see us. We’ve had a good experience buying the tub from the dealer who was a nice person. Also, the purchasing process was pretty easy. The installer was nice and courteous too. He was able to answer any question that I had.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I got a walk-in tub from Independent Home. The sales rep came out and talked to us about it and we got what we wanted. The installers came and built it in. I read the information and how to use it. Overall, I'm satisfied with everything.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

We got a standard walk-in tub from Independent Home. The salesman, Rodney, was very good, helpful and worked with us a great deal in terms of accommodating our schedule. For my wife, who has a Parkinson's, even if she didn't take a soaking bath, giving her a shower with her sitting down in there and me not having to bend way over is a really nice feature of a walk-in tub. It makes it easy for me to do that.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I had about five guys over here representing most of the major walk-in bathtub companies and I decided on Independent Home mainly because of the cost. Mike was really a super salesman and he was very good. He knew all the answers and he knew how to play the game. Afterwards, two guys came from California and they did a very nice job installing the tub. However, the main reason I started to look at walk-in tubs was the therapeutic value. I have a bad leg and it really hasn’t helped that much, but I've always enjoyed a tub bath and this is a very nice tub.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I had looked online for walk-in bathtubs and someone from Independent Home called me. It sounded good but I knew they're expensive. I called the number and made an appointment. They sent someone out and he was really nice. He told me about their products and how much they were. Independent Home's people were so good, polite and got the work done quickly. The two who came to install the bathtub were also just super and I was pleased all the way around.

I bought the it for my husband who has dementia and Alzheimer’s. I had trouble getting him in the shower. It seems like he doesn't want to get in the bathtub either, but I sent him in there a couple of times. I heard from others that they have the same type of problem that I've been in. At first I checked the bathtub out before I put him in there. I had shampoo but I forgot my soap. I started to get out and realized I couldn't. Then I wondered if the door is also locked when it's full of water because I don’t want him opening it and flooding then I have to watch him. So I need to call them because I don’t know. But I enjoy getting in there and sitting down. The bathtub is really good and I'm happy with it so I wanted other people to know about it. I would recommend it and I've already told my support group about it. I also gave the man who leads the group a flyer about it because he was interested.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

The Independent Home sales representative was great but I was so disappointed that he didn’t wait. It’s hard to get in and out of the walk-in tub. When I sit down, I have a hard time getting up because I have a bad shoulder and my left arm is not up to par but that’s the arm I have to pull up with, and there's nothing to pull up with on the right. They also sent me a cushion but it wouldn’t quite fit, so we put towels on top of it. But still it’s a problem having all those wet towels and the seat seems a little bit low for me. I wish that I went with a full-size shower the size of a tub and then put in there my own chair that I can take in and out. I would recommend that people try out the walk-in tub — actually get in one, sit down, and get out — and see if that’s exactly what they wanted.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Independent Home is the best. I have called a lot of different companies about walk-in bathtubs and somebody from them called me back. The dealer that I spoke with was great and their installers were very good as well. Everything was fine.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

My daughter found Independent Home in the computer and we went with them because the bathtub has got a lifetime warranty on it. The salesman was very nice and I would give him an A. He even came back out here when we had a leak and fixed it for us. He was out two days after I called, so I have no complaints. They were real good about it. The installers were real nice as well. They got the tub in in no time and they cleaned up after themselves. It feels good when I get in the hot water and I like the bubble when everything is all right. I've wanted to take baths and sit in the hot water. It's fantastic.

Original review: July 30, 2017

When I purchased a tub from Independent Home, it was easy. I like the ease of getting in and out and that it fit in the space that we had. There was no problem during the installation and we’ve had the tub for four months now. I would recommend Independent Home if my friends were considering it.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I have neuropathy and I'm trying to get my feet to feel something so I decided to get a walk-in bathtub. Independent Home was the first one to call and so they were the one that got the deal. Everybody was nice and considerate at Independent Home. The installation team was also really good. They were courteous and showed me how the walk-in bathtub works. So far, it's been good. I'd advise other people to use Independent Home as well.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Called about a walk-in tub for my mom as she was no longer able to get over the ledge of a normal tub. A representative came and talked about the kind of tubs and the work involved with installation and said that he would be able to do everything I needed to make sure it's handicap accessible. So we signed the contract and paid the deposit. We were informed that the tub we went with was on back order so we had to change colors or wait for the color we wanted. We told the representative to go with a plain white so we wouldn't have to wait. Contract said work would begin in 14-21 days, didn't actually begin until day 26. The tile we paid extra for was apparently wasn't a option anymore so we had to change to a random generic tile in stock at the local store, we didn't get a refund of the extra paid for the nice tile.

Was in contract that a access door framed nicely in the adjacent room would be installed in case for any reason we needed to get to the tub's water sources, wasn't done. Just a hole cut into the wall with a piece of tin over it. A 2 to 3-day project turned into a 6-day project. Had to ask for the representative to leave the premises to stop the screaming, profanity, and vulgarity he was showing towards his construction employees. As we live in a community with children this was entirely not acceptable.

In the end was charged $1500 more than a competing estimate he guaranteed to match, and we didn't get all the work promised at contract signing, just paid and got him out of the area to avoid any further issues with the neighbors he would of caused. If you are looking for a walk-in tub I would suggest a different company than Independent Home.

Original review: June 8, 2017

Independent Home had a good quality product and I could get it in in one day. They also seemed to be very conscientious. The sales person showed me the information on the tub, and we went through that, and the price. It was a good price and with good warranty. I felt it was a good value too on the tub compared to some of the others. It's got air jets, a shower, and the walk-in door. The installation team was very nice and professional. They were very careful about not messing up my floors. They started around 8:00 and were through by 2:00 to 2:30. They did what they said they were going to do and it looked great. And they left my house as clean as they found it. I had somebody come and look at it that was considering buying one.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I was thinking of my wife having any problem and she might break her hip. We're not getting any younger so I decided that we had to have a walk-in tub right now. Purchasing a tub from the Independent Home dealer was very fast, clean, and the installation was very rapid too. The only thing that was questionable was why we were given a door. When they brought it in, they said I'd have to pay it myself. I didn’t quite see that because they knew that this was a problem that they would have to install the door because of the width of the opening. I expected that they should be taking care of this. I was a little disappointed on that aspect because when they brought it in, I supplied the doorknob and the paint and I should never have had to do that.

The tub we have fits what we had in mind. It has everything in it. It's very nice, but we still have to call them for one more thing to make an adjustment. It's a rubberized gasket and there's something that had to stick to the material so that the door doesn't make a mark on the metal or the metal make a dark mark on the door.

Original review: May 29, 2017

The Independent Home salesman was a local Montana guy who lives in Helena and he seemed real nice. He came, sat, talked to us about the tub, and gave us a final price on it. We gave him a downpayment and it was an easy purchasing process. They set up an installation date and were on time. They came, installed the tub, and get out of here about 6:00 that night. They hauled away all the garbage and everything else and cleaned up their mess when they got done. It was a tremendous experience.

Original review: May 27, 2017

Independent Home's walk-in tub was made in the USA so I chose to buy from them. The sales rep was very nice. However, I'm having a little problem with the drain that when I turn it to close it and put water in it, it seems that it does not want to go down. Other than that, I'm happy with my walk-in tub.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I am disabled and can’t get in and out of a bathtub. I went on the computer and I liked what I saw so I called Independent Home. The installers did what they were supposed to do. They made the walk-in bathtub look nice up in the bathroom and cleaned up after themselves. I've talked to some of my friends that are seniors like I am about the tub and I would recommend them to friends.

Independent Home Company Information