4.55/5
Based on 78 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Independent Home is America's Leader in Affordable Walk-In Tubs. Our mission is to help seniors and the disabled bathe safely and comfortably in their own home. With over 10 different models and sizes, we can meet the specific needs of any bathroom application. We look forward to serving you and your loved ones.

Independent Home Video
Independent Home Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 8, 2018

375 Independent Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I selected Independent Homes tub because they had an installer who was a general contractor who said he was able to do my entire bathroom (tile, plumbing, etc), so I wouldn't need to coordinate with multiple contractors. And, I checked his references and was told he did great work. Well, he didn't. He was always 1-3 hours later than he said he'd be here every day. He brought in an "expert" tile guy, who it turned out had almost NO experience and he never checked on his work or supervised him. Much of his work had to be torn out and redone, delaying my project. In fact, parts of the floor tile needed to be redone 3 times!

The trim around the window isn't done to my satisfaction. He didn't correctly install the vanity faucet, so I now have a plumber here re-doing that work and installing a new faucet that I didn't need before this project began. He lost my shower curtain and my outlet covers, so I had to spend more money replacing those items. When I used tub the 1st time, the drain closure didn't work, so the company had to send out a plumber to fix that. Tub seems OK now, but it took 3 weeks to get this project done due to their mistakes, untimeliness, and not having the products needed (making several trips to the store). Don't use Andrew for your installation/remodel.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I purchased a walk-in-bath tub. There was no problem with the tub but the salesman that sold it was not very helpful. We had planned on putting a walk-in-shower as my husband is handicapped. He advised putting in a walk-in-tub even after I showed him and explained how he would have to get in one. Well, we had it installed and he can't get in it. They offered to take the tub back out and put a shower in for an unreasonable price. The company says I am an adult and should of said no I wanted the shower. Plus it is recommended to have a 50-60 gal. water heater and ours was only a 40 gal. and he knew that also.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

The walk-in tub I got from Independent Home was great and I'm very happy. Things went like they said it would. However, it was overpriced. I had trouble getting out of the bathtub. The salesman was not totally honest. I did not want anything that circulated the water. I only wanted air vents and that's what I got. However, he told me that it blew warm air, which it does not. Other than that, he was honest. I liked the waterpool, but I didn't want the water to go back through the pipe. Their installers, a husband and wife team, were fantastic. They called me to tell me that they would be on time and they were. They were very personable and considerate. Plus, they answered all my questions and did exactly as I asked. It's the only good part about getting old that I can say.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I was reading something about walk-in bathtubs and my wife had been wanting one and it was so near Christmas. A guy representing Independent Home came out here to talk to us and I liked what he did. He was well-versed in what the company offered and we bought the tub on the spot. We got the tub that had jets in it which my wife was needing. We're both old, I'm 71 and she's soon to be 70.

We started construction on it right away and they did a very good job on it. They did the demolition and took the old tub out. They had to remove a couple of doorframes and facings in the bathroom to get it out which was a little bit more involved than what they felt they would have to do at the time. Other than that, it was pretty much a really smooth installation. We're installing new tiles and that's supposed to be starting tomorrow in that particular bathroom. I used the tub one time but my wife uses the tub weekly. As a matter of fact, it has been used several times during the wait month. My sister and brother-in-law came in and used it and they liked it. My oldest daughter used it and she liked it as well. I'm pretty satisfied and I've recommended Independent Home.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I'm disabled and in a wheelchair so I went with the handicapped walk-in tub and I chose Independent Home because of their warranty. Their people were excellent and the installation was marvelous and expedient. The tub makes bathing a lot easier and safer. It was an enjoyable experience and the tub's quality is beyond my expectation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I enjoy my Independent walk-in bathtub. I like that you can just sit down and take a bath, without being afraid you’re going to fall. The installers were courteous and cleaned up after themselves.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

The walk-in bathtub from Independent Home is so relaxing. I'm really enjoying it. It's also easy to get in and out of, unlike with that of a regular tub where I couldn't get in anymore. The rep could sell and was kind and wonderful, and the installation team did great.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Independent Home's walk-in tub was advertised on TV. It has the heated thing, which we didn’t want because maybe we’d get burned from those things so we got the one without the heated seat. The salesman that came here explained stuff to us. He had written off a lot of the stuff that was on that chart and he was very honest. We don't have much of an education and we don't read and write like most folks do, and he said we could take the chart and have someone read it to us to make sure that he didn’t say something that wasn’t on it. He was very nice above board and I was tickled with that.

I like the way Independent Home did the model that we bought because they hooked it up where it started going into our own septic tank. There's a piece of pipe I can snatch out, hook the grasp, or weed it around. We have our own septic tank and it's not on the city. We have a big old backyard and we got it back there. The installation team was wonderful and did an excellent job. The man had trouble trying to find one part but he got it and it was all right. I loved the experience and we couldn't be happier.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I’ve been looking at walk-in tubs in the magazines and somebody called me on the phone, wondering if I’d be interested. And I said, “Well, today’s your lucky day. I sure would.” They said, “We’ll send somebody out to your house.” I said okay so they sent a guy out. The guy from Independent Home stayed here for three hours. He took his time, went over everything, made sure I understood everything, wrote the phone number down for me, and gave me everything that I needed to know. If I wasn’t satisfied, he said, “Before they put it in, try it out, make sure it’s what you want.” The couple that came and put the tub in was a man and a woman, and they never quit working. They didn't stop at anything, cleaned up, and swept up. She went in there and took a cleaning agent, and cleaned everything in the tub. It looked like they had the house cleaned up, and they took all the trash out and stacked it up.

They did more than what you think. And then I got in the tub and sat down, and when I tried it on, instead of shooting the water out, it shot little air bubbles out. It was a different feeling. Talking about relaxing, it has 35 jets in it. I got the big size because I’m 65 and I weigh 300 pounds. And I had the installers go in and put the shower in where I could stand up and take a shower, then I left. The people who installed it really impressed me. And I said, “Well, do you want me to write you a check?” He said, “No. We got something here that you might be interested in. You can put a deposit down, and we can finance this if you want to.” I looked at both and she said, “So, what do you want to do?” I said, “Well, we need to get something going credit rating.” She said, “Well, just go ahead and finance.” So, I said, “I’d give you $500 right now if you want me to for a deposit.” And he said, “You don’t have to give that much. But if you want to give it, it’d be fine.”

So, I gave them $500, and they financed it, a company called Synergy. They called and said that they were dropping my interest down to 3.6 and that brought my payments way down. My payment became $363 a month when I thought it was going to be around $500 a month. I said, “Well, we’ll just go with this program here then.” Everybody comes over here. We got five kids and 17 grandkids, and they want to get in it and take a bath in it. My grandson was the first one to use it. He was 10 years old and he played in that thing like a duck.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I was worried about falling and I couldn't get around very well. I saw a walk-in bathtub on TV and I was interested. The Independent Home sales rep came by, showed me pictures and he was very talkative. The installers were very generous and courteous and they left my home clean. However, the tub is not everything I thought it would be. I gave them my sizes, but sometimes the product cut off before I want it to cut off and I have to restart it. I want to stay in my home for as long as I possibly can and I'd do what I can to keep it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

We got a call that a representative was going to be in the area and so, he stopped at the house. He was very nice and easy to talk to and he explained a lot of things. He measured the bathroom and he said it looked like the tub would be a fairly easy fit. So, it wouldn't be too much of a problem putting one in. The installers were here all day but they were very efficient in their work. My husband loves the tub because he was having a problem getting in and out of the bathtub we had before.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I've been watching walk-in tubs on television and then I got somebody call me about it. Independent Home told me how the Jacuzzi part would help my sore back or hurting legs, and I did it on myself at the moment. I get in there and take a shower, and I really needed the Jacuzzi part. The installation team did their thing and they were really nice. I talked to a lady yesterday and I told her my husband will need another rough handle to pull up on in order for him to reach. She said they would be out yesterday and put that in but they didn’t make it.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My sister responded to a call by Independent Home then their sales agent came out and was very informative. We decided to get a walk-in bathtub because I’m so unsteady on my feet. I was here when the men came to install and they placed the clasp to hold the shower head in the wrong place. I also got the wrong manual. It was a manual for a tub that was out-of-date. I finally got the correct manual but the shower issue has not been fixed. We're doing okay without it but it would be convenient sometimes to have it where I could get my head under it better while I shampoo my hair. Also, the tub floor needs more of those strips to make it less difficult to stand up. I had to put my washcloth down and my feet on it to be able to get out of the tub.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

We're getting very old, and we had to get a shower and the walk-in bathtub. Buying our Independent Home products went very smooth. The salesman who came to the house was a very aggressive type and seemed to have good answers to any questions. We just showed the installers where it should be put and they pretty much took over and they hardly asked any questions. And they left our home the way that they came into it and they didn't leave wrappings and cartons. Overall, the experience was very satisfying.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Some young man came out and talked to me about Independent Home. He was from Mobile and an Auburn Graduate. He was very nice, very informative and knew all about the product. The installer who came was also very good, very accommodating and did really pretty work. I needed something to give me some balance and the walk-in tub solved the problem.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Independent Home's walk-in tubs were a bit cheaper than some companies. I decided to buy from them a specific model that caught my eye. I wrote the man a check and hadn’t had any buying problem with it. The installation team got here by 8:00 that morning and left at 6:00. They did a very good job of putting it here. I like the idea and wanted that type of tub. It was easy to get in and out of it. I don't have to climb up over the side to get in there.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I recently had to be in the hospital quite a bit and so I needed a tub that I could get into fairly easy because what I had wasn’t one I could get into. The Independent Home installers came and did a good job of putting it in. They did what they had to do, did it all in one day, and got out.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I got a walk-in tub with air jets from Independent Home. It’s fine and I like the guarantee. The agent was a really nice, truthful guy, and I believed him. The installation team was great. They did a tremendous job and went above and beyond the call of duty. My front door handle was off and they hit it down so they fixed it, and we could get in there now. I also had my flooring in there and they laid that down for me too.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I've been looking for a walk-in tub, and Independent Home came up with a salesperson who talked me into it. They came up with the best price, too. The installers were quick and did the installation in one day, and they were pretty good at what they did. But the tub doesn't have the same kind of jets that I thought I was going to get. They work fine, but they just pump air instead of water.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I got a 96-year-old father that lives with me here and I thought this is the time to put in a walk-in tub if he’s going to be able to stay here longer. We had the Independent Home salesman come out. We thought we were given a good deal for the situation that we’re in financially, so that’s who we went with. The salesman was detailed and got his point across. Within a week or so, they had two installers here. They put it together and they’re very courteous. However, the hot water is a little loose. We just have to be careful with it. I actually used it a couple of times. But that’s the only thing we’re watching and everything else seems to be fine. I would recommend Independent Home.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

We purchased a tub about 2 weeks ago and could not be more pleased. The tub is everything we had hoped for and more. The installers (Jerry and his 2 sons) completed the installation in one day and were so professional and helpful. They explained everything perfectly and even left a phone number if we needed anything or had any questions. We are VERY satisfied. Thank you!

No response received
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

After agreeing to purchase, my install was a nightmare! They ripped apart my door frame, dented my walls and baseboard and totally screwed up existing tile and didn't even clean up the floor. After complaining to the salesperson (Ari) he sent someone back to do repairs, however I had to replace all the tile because there was no way to repair it! Almost a year later the tub started leaking!

Spoke with Holly in 7/28/17. Over 3 months later I am still waiting for someone to come out and repair it! Had appt. 10/14/17 between 9 AM and 10 AM. At 10:20 I called (John) the repair guy who said he ran into traffic and is about 50 minute away! I told him I couldn't wait any longer and his response was - "I thought you said you would be home all day!!!" If I wasn't stuck with this tub, I would never buy from this company! DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE! Glad I saved the pictures from the install so you can see for yourself!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We moved into our house and my mother wants to stay downstairs. Her bathroom was old and we were going to re-do it. My husband said that we'd look at the walk-in bathtubs. I did a quick search and started looking. We talked with Independent Home reps. They were wonderful and did an amazing job. They were also local to the area and I like dealing with those companies. If there are problems, I can call them back and they'll fix it the next day. The guy who came out was super nice and he lived not far from us. Also, the installers were amazing.

The tub is a really good product and it fits in the space nicely with everything we wanted. It also has a good warranty which is good for five years. They were telling me about a lady who called at Thanksgiving whose daughter dropped a razor down it by accident and they came out that evening and fixed it. Overall, we've had a really good experience with Independent Home. I am extremely happy with how everything went and I have recommended them to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I had a new knee and got to walk with a cane. We have a big garden bathtub and one day I couldn’t get out of it. My wife has arthritis in her back so bad and she thought she had to get the neighbors to help her get me out again. That bathtub was worthless for us. The first company that came here to sell us a tub was priced at $17,800 and the next was $17,000, but we got the Independent Home walk-in tub at $10,800. That’s a big difference and I’m not a millionaire to put one in at $17,000. The purchasing experience with Independent Home was not at all hard, but we didn’t have money to throw at them and had to make up something.

The salesman did a super job and he finished the floor up for me. We had two big mirrors in our bathroom and I didn’t think they will put them up again but they did and it looks beautiful. We also had a shower beside our old tub in the same room so we took the bathtub out and they put in the walk-in tub and got twice as much room now. It’s so much better. They even hooked all the electric wiring in the basement for us and hooked all the plumbing back up. They came on a Sunday afternoon and tore the old tub out in pieces and I left it by the driveway. I thought it would stay there but when they were done, they loaded it up and hauled it away.

The second one that came to sell us a tub said that they are going into our bedroom and they have to tear a wall out and cut from the wall and they have to buy a new door. But with Independent Home, we took the door jamb off, put it all back in shape and hung the door and I didn’t have to buy a new one. Everything was cleaned and they fixed it all for us. Overall, it was perfect. Everything is covered for life and I never got to pay service calls. I’m well satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

We're getting up in advanced years and because of health reasons, it's more difficult for us to take an ordinary sit-down bath. After getting some mail from different companies that have the walk-in bathtub, we chose to go with Independent Home. Buying a bathtub from them was an easy process. They called and we chose a convenient time for the representative to come. 15 minutes before the representative arrived, he called and said he was on his way. He was here on time and was very courteous. He made his presentation then we sat down to discuss the price and it was very reasonable.

One of the main things on our decision, we had another company out, and they had made their presentation. But at the end of their presentation, they informed me that I was going to have to install a 50-gallon water heater. And when I asked this man about it, he said we won't have to install a bigger water heater. So he measured and said that the bathtub will go right through the door. It was a very easy installation as far as bringing it in the house, down the hall and right into the bathroom. The installation team was very courteous and well-prepared. They came in and assessed the situation as what they would have to do. They went back to the truck and got the necessary floor coverings and put them down. We had a real nice visit and they did a great job from start to finish.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I don't get around very good anymore and can't get in and out of the bathtub, so I got a walk-in bathtub and I like it. I chose Independent Home because of its price. It was easy to purchase from them, and the installation team did a good job.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

My mother-in-law is 86 and she’s frail and not a bath-taker. She’s a shower-taker but she got a little concerned and was always afraid of losing her balance in the shower, so I got the walk-in tub for her but can't get her in it. I always had a jacuzzi for 12 years and I loved it, until I moved to Clovis, New Mexico. I miss my jacuzzi but the walk-in tub is just as good and I’m tickled pink with it. My husband uses it too and he doesn’t even need it. I feel stupid because I didn't get it 10 years ago and only needed it two years ago.

Also, the salesman that I met from Independent Home came in fully prepared, had a lot of information and was very personable. We chose Independent Home because of him. We actually had a lot in common because we're about the same age and we're dealing with a mother who was elderly and we talked about that. He was wonderful and I liked everything about him. I don't know how much they pay him but he was worth every penny.

Plus, the guys who came to put it in, Sheldon, and Doug, and Matt, were in and out so fast. I expected them to be here all-day long or 8 hours a day at least, but they were in and out for about 5 hours and I hardly knew they were there. They did a wonderful job. They were a good crew and they knew exactly what they were doing. It's a big tub and I got a long hallway but they didn't bump anything or mark up any other walls. I always thought the hallway was narrow but they did a great job.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I’ve been hearing about walk-in bathtubs for years and I have some friends who had one. I’ve taken a bath in it too. I’m 92 years old and it’s easy for me to step in and step out in an Independent Home tub. With other tubs, you have to put your feet up and you don’t have something to hold on to, so it’s dangerous for older people. I called the dealer and someone came out to measure the place. He was nice. The installer was all right too. He showed me how the tub works and gave me a book with information to read.

I was satisfied with Independent Home except when you’re not a customer using the tub. After I used it one time, air came out of the holes. I was surprised, but they told me that was needed. It happens because they dry the tub out so it won’t have molds in it. The guys from Independent Home were all professional, nice, and courteous to me. They couldn’t have done any better.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Greg from the Independent Home dealer was very good. He sent me all the stuff through email and answered any questions I had. Ozzy, who did the installing, was absolutely wonderful and had a great personality. The gentleman who helped him, Joe, was good too. They got a little bit earlier than they thought but everything went smooth. Ozzy even went out his way to make sure everything’s safe. I have also referred a friend who's remodeling and she's going to contact Independent Home to get the bathtub.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I just turned 84 and it was getting too hard for me to lift my legs up to get into my tub. I've been getting literature in the mail about walk-in bathtubs, mainly from Independent Home, and I showed this to my daughter. My daughter said, "Mother, you can afford it. Get it." So, I got a walk-in bathtub from Independent Home and I love it. I got it for health reasons and, with my handicap, to make it easy for me to get into the tub. Purchasing the tub was very easy. I just called the dealer and they took my credit card information. They told me when they'd see me about the tub and they showed up when they said they would. The guys that installed the tub were very nice. Everything went well and I had a great experience with Independent Home.

Independent Home Company Information

2002
independenthome.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use