2. Homeowners

Find deals on a new lawn mower

Shop and compare today on Cub Cadet

Visit Website

Husqvarna Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

Original review: June 11, 2020

Bought a 42" riding mower to replace my 12 year old Craftsman 42". The Husqvarna seemed to be stonger steel body and deck. Deck is claimed to be "armored" and guaranteed 10 years. This spring I did my first cut and was hosing it off and under the deflector chute the deck was tearing. Honestly the same thing happened to the Craftsman but after 10 years of use. I had to pay to have it brought to a dealer to inspect for warranty coverage (photos from me would not suffice). Dealer said I can't put in for warranty defect your blade obviously hit and tore the deck. I asked him to weld it which he did.

Question is: under normal use when we all hit the rock or stick or whatever should we expect the deck to tear. Why not armor the edge of the chute like you do the edge around the base of the deck?? How does a deck fail in 10 years to be covered by the warranty? Rust? I should also warn possible buyers that the center of gravity on Husqvarna's is much higher than my Craftsman---meaning it will tip over on a grade where the Craftsman kept steady. So be careful if you feel the grade bringing you to a tipping point.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Mower model 206128961 - Bought 1/22/2016. No oil drain plug. Must flip mower almost upside down to drain. Plastic oil hole cap can't provide a tight seal. Fine threads in the oil hole but very coarse threads on cap - Result is Oil leakage when operating. Kohler has other engines with a oil filler tube assembly that provides a tight seal. This engine on this mower was made to Husqvarna specs. It appears Husqvarna eliminated the more expensive oil tube assembly to increase their profit. This is the LAST Husqvarna product I will buy.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I purchased a Riding Lawn Mower from Lowe's in August 2019. Each time I try to start the mower it has been an issue which has gotten worse. The lawnmower was run 2 or 3 times before the winter. A friend came over to cut my grass the end of March. The lawnmower cut off and would not re-start. After sitting a few days and a few tries it finally started. During the month of April it has been a chore to get it started and sometimes I have to sit and wait until it wants to get started. There is a smoke coming out of the motor. In the month of April I have replaced the battery and put oil in it. The beginning of April the mower registered 4.8 hours, the end of April it is on 7 hours. A majority of this time is sitting and waiting for it to start!

Of course Lowe's does NOT want to help! I called Husqvarna several times they DO NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONE! I spoke with a Husqvarna Dealer in the area, who informed me Husqvarna says they will NOT be honoring their warranty and I have to pay a trip ticket fee and for it to be picked up. I have attempted in good faith to contact Lowe's, Husqvarna and an authorized Husq. Dealer. Husqvarna is blaming me for putting too much oil in the mower causing it to smoke, even though it was smoking before I put oil in it and NO one has looked at it yet! You have chosen not to fix your lawnmower that is a lemon! Consumer Affairs give me what options I have. Thank you.

Original review: May 10, 2020

I bought a Husqvarna riding mower. First mowing season a bolt to the blades fell off and I noticed it would spin and get stuck easy. Had problems when it got warmed up sometimes you had to wait for it to cool off to start it again. Next year to it to a dealer and had it repaired. Long story short it had less than one hundred hours and it doesn’t like to start when hot again and the transmission went out. If you want a dependable mower and one you don’t have to fix all the time don’t buy this brand. I will never buy anything from them. Even the dealer said it was a bad model and he doesn’t sale it so Husqvarna knows it’s junk and won’t make it right.2400 dollars wasted and over 700 to fix something that will break down again.

Original review: April 7, 2020

Bought a Husqvarna YTH18542 Lawn Tractor from Lowe’s. After the first use, I found the parking brake would not lock in the on position. This is a safety issue, the mower could roll into someone or something. The problem was a pin or clip that joins the locking mechanism to the brake mechanism was missing. Whether it had fallen out or was never installed I don’t know. Called Lowe’s, they were great and replaced the tractor. Took the new one out, used it for two hours and guess what? Same thing. Contacted Husqvarna. Useless. “Take it to a dealer or we can send a part and you can fix it yourself”. No interest in trying to determine if it’s a design or quality issue. Thank God they don’t make aircraft!

Original review: March 2, 2020

I purchased my Z246 Zero turn mower in 2015 new at the end of the cutting season. The first year or so was great. It was lightly used. The property was flat with no major bumps, etc. The next year, a piece that engages the deck broke. It was covered by my extended warranty so it was fixed. My third year into the mower is when I started to have problems. The spindles broke a least 1x each mowing season. The pulley wore out. The deck broke where it attaches to the frame and I had to have it welded back in two spots. The next year the deck began to split apart horizontally on once side and vertical on the other and I had to replace the spindles again. Now...heading into the new mowing season, one spindle needs replacing again and needs new screws and the deck is kaput. I will never buy another Husqvarna mower. Very very disappointed in the quality of a mower I paid thousands for.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I purchased a new Husqvarna 580 BTS back pack blower August 11, 2019. It ran for approx 10 minutes and the coil went bad. Brought it into the dealer for repairs. Told it would be two weeks to repair. Two weeks came and went. I was told the part is on backorder and it would not be in until 2nd week in Sept 19. September came and went. October came and went etc. In November, I was told the part would not be avaiable until first week in January. Well you probably guessed by now... I was just told February 2020.

Husqvarna would not back up their product. Their customer service was of no help. The person I was speaking with did not even know what a backpack blower is. I actually had to tell the customer service rep what it was and what it was used for. I now am the proud owner of a $550 paperweight with no repair date in site. Oh lastly, the icing on the cake... Husqvarna wants $15.00 to ship the part when it does come in. Incredible.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Husqvarna sells dangerously defective outdoor equipment. I purchased a riding mower July 4 2017. It is still under manufacturer warranty. I contacted Husqvarna Sept 13 2019 after the mower deck on my Husqvarna riding mower came apart at the welds and fell off of the mower. The mower deck has been used only 3 times? And the mower itself has only 37.6 hours on it. They instructed me to take it to the local service center which I did. The service center inspected the product and determined that it was faultily made and was a manufacturer defect.

After providing this information to Husqvarna along with numerous pictures the local service center as well as myself contacted Husqvarna repeatedly to find out what we need to do to get the product fixed. Husqvarna conveniently lost the pictures, paperwork, and information several times. After providing the information again along with a statement from the service center stating the item was built defectively Husqvarna stated they were not going to fix the faulty product that they sold. They also instructed me to have my attorney contact theirs if I wanted resolution.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Bought My Husqvarna Lawn Tractor New in 2013 this past summer 2019. The rear axle folded up to the bottom of the transmission. There was no big noise, the tractor just stop moving forward or backward. Noticed cracks around the housing where the U bolts hold the axle to the frame. The metal used to hold the axle to the farm is very lite weight allowing it to crack and give way. The drive belt disengaged. I contacted Husqvarna as did the Dealer I used to fix the Tractor, they were no Help.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I purchased this mower in May and in October it stopped working. it had been pretty solid until then with the one exception that the self propelled drive belt kept coming off and I had to remove the pulley and re-thread the belt each time. After it failed in October (wouldn't start) I took it in for service and they told me the oil was low and the motor had burned up. I had checked a few times over the Summer but had not been checking religiously with each use.

After considering it a bit I think I know what happened. I had to tip the mower each time I fixed the belt and I'm guessing the last time oil must have leaked out the air filter or into the cylinder. It never occurred to me to check the oil again after putting the belt back into the pulley. Long story short the warranty tech looked at it and said it's user error for running the unit low on oil so it's a total loss. Kiss that 400 bucks goodbye. I can see their argument but I'm pretty unhappy that tipping the mower to fix the belt that kept jumping off resulted in trashing the motor. Anyway, I'm off Husqvarna for life. I replaced it with a Toro and I'm getting ready to buy a snowblower - a Craftsman.

Husqvarna author review by ConsumerAffairs

Husqvarna offers high-quality design with a focus on easy maintenance and long lasting build quality. This Swedish company started manufacturing lawn mowers in 1919 and continues creating innovative designs today.

• Keyless operation: These riding mowers operate without a key. Instead, the homeowner enters an unlock code and presses a button to start the machine.

• Fast blade service: The cutting blades come off easily from the deck for cleaning and sharpening.

• Pedal control: All riding mower controls function through the pedals, so the homeowner has both hands available for steering.

• Multiple attachments: A wide range of attachments creates significant versatility for this riding mower line, such as a front snow plow and a mulch bagger.

• Chokeless start: A one-touch start feature eliminates frustrating choke starting.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team