2. Homeowners

Find deals on a new lawn mower

Shop and compare today on Cub Cadet

Visit Website

Husqvarna Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Easy to use for users, the deck could be more stronger. I would recommend this mower to anyone, price I thought was reasonable, cut great. Good.... Thank you for the opportunity

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

I feel great on my Husqvarna lawn mower. It makes mowing more likely to look forward to rather than dread. I like how it feels to drive rather than it shaking you as you ride. It takes me only two days to mow at least 2 acres around my house.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2020

This tractor is a beast when it comes to cutting and collecting grass with a clear cut 48 inch mower and high capacity grass catcher. And with a 48 inch dozer blade in the winter time it can’t be stopped plowing snow, and gravel in the spring and summertime. Well built, and was made for tough work around the yard for sure. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a garden tractor with plenty of power and eager to get the work done. A very comfortable seat I might add as well. A real pleasure to use, I always look forward to the day when I have to get on and work with it. A REAL good buy and well worth the money.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I purchased a Husqvarna 54 in cut with 24 hp Kawasaki engine only to find out after needing some repair work it has a 23 hp Kawasaki engine. It was explained that Husqvarna buys the engines from Kawasaki and installs them at one of their plants. Now I am having issues with gas bleeding through the exhaust pipe which at one point it appears there was a recall on this type of issue with a part on the engine. So the store I bought it from told me to contact Husqvarna who told me to contact Kawasaki who says it is out of warranty?? After this experience I will not be purchasing or recommending to purchase Husqvarna products in the future.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Bought new May 2020. First off I picked up mower only to hear constant squeaking noises while using it. Turns out place I got it never greased anything! Front wheels had no grease and even better... they have no bearings at ALL! Sleeve in wheel center just rides on axle! What a joke! Next all steering also makes constant noise! Same deal...metal to metal... no bushings! Gas gauge is a joke... piece of cloudy plastic 1/2" by 3/4" on front of tank... can't see it... to cloudy.

Next is shift lever... on left side... same side you get off and on... catches your pants EVERY time you get on or off!!! I finally band sawed 3+ inches off off it, now just catches your pants every 3rd time. Cuts leaving missed grass in 2 narrow areas making you double cut everything! Seat has cracks/tears and only 61 hours use! Never buy any products from these people!!!!

Original review: July 26, 2020

Had had mower one year and been to shop twice to level deck’ deck is the heavy constructed deck and scalps yard. Is there a fix? Measured blades to a flat surface and they are same distances. The problem seems to be the deck does not flex. Mower handle great with auto locking differential but ready to burn it because the way it scalps.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I purchased the riding mower last year. Overall it is a decent piece of equipment. One area of concern are the rear tires. It seems every time I go to mow, my tires spin on flat surfaces. Sometimes it is wet, but happens just as much on dry grass. I sent a letter to customer service asking for a solution because it is ruining my grass from the constant spinning of the wheels. I was sent an email within a day that someone would reach out to me within a few days and was given a claim number. Three weeks later, after no response, I sent a second email with the assigned claim number that was given to me initially. Well, it has been another two weeks and nothing. I'm not asking for anything but suggestions. The tires that came with the mower are horrible. I never had any issues with any other mowers that I have used. If I don't get some response I will take other avenues to voice my displeasure.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Bought a 42" riding mower to replace my 12 year old Craftsman 42". The Husqvarna seemed to be stonger steel body and deck. Deck is claimed to be "armored" and guaranteed 10 years. This spring I did my first cut and was hosing it off and under the deflector chute the deck was tearing. Honestly the same thing happened to the Craftsman but after 10 years of use. I had to pay to have it brought to a dealer to inspect for warranty coverage (photos from me would not suffice). Dealer said I can't put in for warranty defect your blade obviously hit and tore the deck. I asked him to weld it which he did.

Question is: under normal use when we all hit the rock or stick or whatever should we expect the deck to tear. Why not armor the edge of the chute like you do the edge around the base of the deck?? How does a deck fail in 10 years to be covered by the warranty? Rust? I should also warn possible buyers that the center of gravity on Husqvarna's is much higher than my Craftsman---meaning it will tip over on a grade where the Craftsman kept steady. So be careful if you feel the grade bringing you to a tipping point.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Mower model 206128961 - Bought 1/22/2016. No oil drain plug. Must flip mower almost upside down to drain. Plastic oil hole cap can't provide a tight seal. Fine threads in the oil hole but very coarse threads on cap - Result is Oil leakage when operating. Kohler has other engines with a oil filler tube assembly that provides a tight seal. This engine on this mower was made to Husqvarna specs. It appears Husqvarna eliminated the more expensive oil tube assembly to increase their profit. This is the LAST Husqvarna product I will buy.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I purchased a Riding Lawn Mower from Lowe's in August 2019. Each time I try to start the mower it has been an issue which has gotten worse. The lawnmower was run 2 or 3 times before the winter. A friend came over to cut my grass the end of March. The lawnmower cut off and would not re-start. After sitting a few days and a few tries it finally started. During the month of April it has been a chore to get it started and sometimes I have to sit and wait until it wants to get started. There is a smoke coming out of the motor. In the month of April I have replaced the battery and put oil in it. The beginning of April the mower registered 4.8 hours, the end of April it is on 7 hours. A majority of this time is sitting and waiting for it to start!

Of course Lowe's does NOT want to help! I called Husqvarna several times they DO NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONE! I spoke with a Husqvarna Dealer in the area, who informed me Husqvarna says they will NOT be honoring their warranty and I have to pay a trip ticket fee and for it to be picked up. I have attempted in good faith to contact Lowe's, Husqvarna and an authorized Husq. Dealer. Husqvarna is blaming me for putting too much oil in the mower causing it to smoke, even though it was smoking before I put oil in it and NO one has looked at it yet! You have chosen not to fix your lawnmower that is a lemon! Consumer Affairs give me what options I have. Thank you.

Husqvarna author review by ConsumerAffairs

Husqvarna offers high-quality design with a focus on easy maintenance and long lasting build quality. This Swedish company started manufacturing lawn mowers in 1919 and continues creating innovative designs today.

• Keyless operation: These riding mowers operate without a key. Instead, the homeowner enters an unlock code and presses a button to start the machine.

• Fast blade service: The cutting blades come off easily from the deck for cleaning and sharpening.

• Pedal control: All riding mower controls function through the pedals, so the homeowner has both hands available for steering.

• Multiple attachments: A wide range of attachments creates significant versatility for this riding mower line, such as a front snow plow and a mulch bagger.

• Chokeless start: A one-touch start feature eliminates frustrating choke starting.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team