2. Homeowners
  3. Riding Mowers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.25/5

Husqvarna Reviews

Original review: June 11, 2016

I purchased this mower just 1 year ago and it's been in the shop three times already. The first time the adjusting lever would only go in three position and it would not cut right. The second time it was same thing. The repair shop said some of these mowers did that. Third time I had to take it to another shop about thirty miles away and they were a Husqvarna dealer and they kept it three weeks because they had so many Husqvarna mowers to work on. I brought it home and the same thing it would not cut right. I had to pay 75$ out of my own pocket. The warranty people said they couldn't do anything for me to take it back to Lowe's and they had to send it off again, said it might be over a week and if it's over 300$ I would have to pay it. I really thought this was a good company, but I just wasted 2000$. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!!!

Original review: June 2, 2016

I purchased a Husqvarna LGT 2654 garden tractor 5/17/2014. Big mistake! Just over 2yrs later and the transmission is shot. I have just under 2 acres of land and one hill on the side of my house.The guy at Lowe's where I purchased the tractor told me I need a heavy duty tractor to do my yard which that is why I purchased a garden tractor. I talked with somebody from Husqvarna and two Husqvarna dealers because I get two different stories on the warranty.

I was told the warranty is only good for 2 years and then someone else tells me 3 years. Both dealers told me they would have to contact Husqvarna and Tuff Torq the manufacturer of the transmission to see if warranty would cover transmission. Good luck on that one. I had to keep calling them because they would not get back with you. Then I was told I would have to pay around $1000.00 for a new transmission. I went with Husqvarna because I thought they were a reputable company and was in business for a long time. I guess they are just to big now to care about their customers. I will never purchase another Husqvarna product again.

Original review: May 31, 2016

Do not buy a Husqvarna zero turn lawn mower. It will nothing but trouble. I had my new RZ5424 for about 3 weeks and it broke down. The warranty did cover it, but it was a hassle to get them to honor it. A plastic pulley locked up and the belt burn right through it. Then 2 weeks later the engine would not start. But again it was under warranty? But another hassle. Now a year later the blades engagement system went bad and the blades will not even try to move. If you want something to work on or hauling it to service center ever few weeks of usage, this is your zero turn lawn mower. Otherwise get something else. Now I have an expensive mower that keeps breaking down. Terrible mower!!!

Original review: May 15, 2016

On June 10, 2008, I purchased a Craftsman/Husqvarna 19.5 HP/42" cut lawn tractor from Sears. Although I have owned it for eight years now, I have literally been unable to use it even once without the mower deck belt breaking. On average, it has cost me ~$40 for parts and labor to have the belt replaced then only to have it break again at the very next attempt to mow with it. The cost each time, when the repair shop charges for pickup and return delivery is more like $60. I have now concluded that the mower deck/pulley/belt design on this mower is very poor and certainly unreliable when compared to the Murray lawn tractors which I had owned and used over the past 25 years or so. In conclusion, this Sears/Husqvarna lawn tractor is worse than useless.

Original review: May 8, 2016

I bought this Husqvarna 42xls in Sep. of 2012. It has 120 hr. on. It started burning up belts. Went through 3 new belts before carrying in to the dealer for repairs. Said it would be 10 days to two weeks before it would be ready. Two weeks pass did not hear from them. Just went in to check on it. And it was push in the back of the shop. Said they could not get a hold of me. The case on the trans. was cracked on both sides. I had made a power hatch and installed it on the back. They took one look at it and that was the cause the problem. They say the belt was out under the mower that the tram and frame is connected to was not hooked up. I told them it never was but they did not believe me. So what good does it to buy a warranty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

Original review: April 26, 2016

I bought my 2009 Husqvarna rider Lgt2554, new from Lowe's. In 2013 the left axle broke & just this year the right axle broke. I have a flat yard. The rep said it must have been dropped from a truck or that I was pulling something heavy with the mower. Neither true, just mow with it. Very disappointed that Husqvarna does not stand behind their product. Will never buy a Husqvarna again.

Original review: April 20, 2016

Bought a Husqvarna self-propelled mower for Lowe's in May 2015. Worked fine last summer. Stored in garage during winter and mower refused to start this spring. Blade would spin but engine was completely dead. Made sure it had plenty of gas and oil, changed spark plug, and cleaned carb. Nothing. Had to drive 30 minutes to take it to warranty-certified repair service. Place kept it for 3 weeks and then claimed it had no gas and no oil in it, therefore warranty was null and void. They said rod was broke in engine and would cost over $300 to repair. We know it had oil and gas in it when we took it. Husqvarna and Briggs and Stratton refused to help us. DO NOT EVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. It is terrible when a company gets their warranty service people to be untruthful to prevent making good on a claim!

Original review: April 18, 2016

I bought my Husqvarna 775 - 1.75cc $499 in 2014 at Lowe's and it failed to start after 2 years. I lost my receipt. I went to Lowe's and they said I need to change spark plug, drain old gas and put new gas in. I did as they said even spark plug still look good, but still failed to start. I never use a lawn mower as bad as this Husqvarna before, never! My 10+ years old Honda never need to do anything each year after winter. It starts easily. Husqvarna is a bad brand for mower. I don't suggest anyone to buy it.

Original review: April 14, 2016

Worst Mower Ever. This thing has been nothing but problems. It never starts. If you want to throw away just under 2k, then buy this riding mower YTH22V46.

Original review: April 6, 2016

While greasing bearings I spotted a welded piece on spindle was broke loose. In looking at my parts booklet I noticed that a washer was missing thus causing friction, breaking weld. Offered to take spindle to dealer to see. (3 min job) Dealer wanted entire mower or they would not honor warranty (2 different dealers). Finally went online roughly $50. Bought parts. Will not buy Husqvarna products again. This was factory or dealer defect. Be prepared to haul entire mower to dealer. Every time. Warranty no good.

Original review: March 26, 2016

I bought my mower less than a year ago. The 4WD self-propelling mower worked great! First summer. Now the POS won't start, cleaned carb, spark plug, new gas, oil etc. Won't start. Lowe's said they couldn't help me without a receipt. Aren't you guys a big enough company to have a system where you can pull me up?! So aggravated. My electric non-propelled mower that was 20+ years worked 1000 times better than this mower. And that thing was free! Regretting my purchase. Will never buy another nor shop at Lowe's.

Original review: March 24, 2016

I am very dissatisfied with 2015 42-inch riding mower/garden tractor. It sounds like a 'bucket of bolts". It is very hard to start and the battery is no good. I only have a few hours on the mower and am just beginning the second season. I wish I had bought something else. As for service, I bought from a regular mower shop, hardware store. They sell massive amounts of mowers. But, when I complained about the problems beginning shortly after I bought it, there was no response from them. They acted as if these things were normal. Well they are not. Husqvarna has lost my business and so has the store I bought it from. That so, they have lost my future sales and sales of others that ask me how my mower runs. I am very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

Purchased Husqvarna ST 224 Snow Thrower in Oct. Live in NJ during blizzard last month the auger stopped after an hour of using. Removed cover, auger belt was frayed and off the pulley. I put it back on in the middle of a blizzard under a carport. Started and tested, the belt was so stretched it would not turn the auger. Found through surfing Husqvarna has a Technical Services Bulletin (TSB) addressing the problem. This has occurred on other Husqvarna models too! Called Husqvarna and spoke to a rep. He did not know what a TSB was and blew me off to a dealer. "Call them, they'll take care of it." I then asked if Husqvarna was going to reimburse me for paying to have my driveways plowed, he said NO! The dealer will have my $850.00 HUSQVARNA SST 224 Big Orange POS for 2 weeks this Friday 2/12/16. IT SOUNDS LIKE IT'S TIME TO FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST HUSQVARNA AND THEIR INFERIOR PRODUCTS.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

In August 2014 we purchased the Husqvarna Riding Mower YT54LS. We used the machines two seasons and by March and October 2015 we had the problems: 4 flanges for front wheel had to be replaced after 2 seasons of use. (They were greased). 2 wheels on the deck were cracked and broken and had to be replaced. 3 of the latches on the grass collector broke and had to be replaced. The lettering for height indicator is totally erased.

Husqvarna Corporate refused to pay for replacement parts. These parts we considered defective and/or manufactured incorrectly. They did not examine the parts and just arbitrarily said it was due to "improper maintenance". We mow 4 acres, we keep parts greased and we keep the mower clean and in the garage. After the denial we purchased 4 flanges/ bearings for the front tire, wheels for the deck and new latches for the grass collector. Too many problems indicate an inferior machine.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

Until now really liked Husqvarna products but had problem with top line leaf blower. It just stopped working. Took to a husqvarna repair shop and they said to fix it probably would cost as much as a new one. Only had for 3 years and did not use hard at all. So I called Husqvarna and they will not stand behind their product. No ifs, ands or buts. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HUSQVARNA PRODUCT. Their business is horrible. Don't buy Husqvarna products. Not worth it.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

Purchased a yth18542 this spring. Works great and runs "ok". Husband is doing the fall maintenance on the rider and is not impressed with the way the rear tires are attached to the axle, a simple slip key. That cotter key is so not doing it, does not hold the wheel in place. There is 1/4 to 1/2" slope that the wheel can move on the axle, no grease zerk. Also no grease zerks on the pulleys on mower deck. And he's just started.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

Purchased Husqvarna Lawn Mower from Lowe's within past two years. To date, has been in for repair 6 times for the same complaint (pukes gas upon start up). Fuel line replaced; Carb jets cleaned; Carb replaced; Fuel tank replaced (dealer found Filter Screen never installed at assembly). So far the initial purchase price has been exceeded by the cost of repair not to mention the inconvenience of no mower... Father-in-Law has cut my grass 5 times so far this season with his HRX Honda. Husqvarna dealer unable to resolve problem, but has offered to replace at cost. I have elected not to do any further business with Husqvarna and will be scrapping this LEMON.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2015

Front wheels fell off because of weak clips after 12 months mowing regular sized lawn. Charged me for repair as stated not covered by warranty. Well you wouldn't cover badly designed rubbish like this with a warranty or you would go out of business. After 18 months axle on rear right tyre broke, guess what their response was. Never buy this crap brand again.

Resolution response: Nov. 17, 2015

I wrote a letter to the Customer Service Department in North Carolina and received a response from the Husqvarna Technical Department and their response was, "With your machine being out of warranty by more than a year, I will not be able to help you fully with the cost of repair. With that stated, I can alleviate the greatest cost of the repair from you by supplying you with the parts needed to get your machine operational once again. If you accept this offer I will ship them to you direct."

I responded back to them with the parts that were needed (approximately $235.00) that the repair shop gave me. Within less than one week, all parts were shipped to my home address and I delivered the mower and parts to them for repair. My only cost will be for labor which was quoted to me to be about $75.00.

Thank you, Husqvarna for standing by your product and for the help and assistance you gave me to rectify my problem. My faith and trust in your company has been restored and will surely pass on the word on how you stood by your product and kept me as a customer.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2015

I purchased my 22" Rear Discharge Self-Propelled lawn mower, serial number 012011M001514, on April 1, 2011. The mower is also registered at the Husqvarna website. It has always been serviced at the end of every season and never missed any maintenance from that date. Last week, September 30, 2015, the Drive Control Assembly on the handle bar broke. I took it into Bourlier and Sons, Inc., in Clinton Township where I live for repair. Yesterday, October 6, 2015, I was informed that not only was the drive control assembly broken, but the transmission was no good, cables had to be replaced, wheel bearings need replacing for a total of $330.00.

I was also told that most of the damage came from cleaning the under drive cover through the water washout feature as described on page 17 of the owner's manual. The manual states to let it run for 1 minute to remove excess water. I let it run for 3-4 minutes just to make sure there is no excess water left in the mower. I have done everything as the owner's manual states and now all I can use this mower for is a boat anchor. I took this to another repair shop in my area and was told the same thing. If this maintenance problem is because of using the washout feature, why have it?

This mower should have lasted many more years by the way I maintain maintenance on it. I called customer service today at Husqvarna and the lady on the other end could have cared less about my problem. I have heard such good things about a Husqvarna mower as this is why I purchased one. Now that this has happened this will be my one and only purchase of any Husqvarna product. It is no wonder that consumer confidence is down within our country and all this mower has been is a throw away product. No consumer confidence for this company anymore.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2015

I purchased a husqvarna self propel lawn mower in may 2015. Cut grass a total of 3 times. It wouldn't crank under warranty. The repair cost me 90 dollars. They said bad gas. I know they lied. We changed gas. I will never buy anything else. Husqvarna never again.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2015

I purchased a new O turn at the beginning of the season. The very first time I mowed it bent a push rod. Didn't even get my yard mowed all the way. Mower had 4 hours on it and when it was delivered it had over 2. The dealership I purchased from wanted to charge me for pick up so I called a different one and thankfully they were great and didn't charge that. Still though. EVERY TIME I mow, the belt comes off as soon as I turn the blades on. I oil the blades every time before I mow. I baby the mower.

I had had this dealership come get it 3 times now. They put a new belt on it, they adjusted the blades, nothing has helped. It started sneaking while in motion at about 10 hours. Only one of the headlights work. I could go on and on. IT is a Lemon. I have called Husqvarna. They just tell me to call the dealer. What happens when my warranty is up? My brother has had the same mower for 4 years, just an older version, never one issue. This is just ridiculous. If I wanted these problems I could have bought old used mower. That's what I feel like I have. I have not mowed the yard one time without a problem.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2015

LGT2654 - As I was mowing my lawn the rear left tire fell off. The problem being the axle broke, now for as much money I had spent on purchasing this piece of equipment counting on the name brand as to be quality. I am very upset that there has not been a recall, and if the Husqvarna company wants to be known as a cheap garbage selling company then they are on the right track as I have seen many complaints for this same problems online. Best regards to the brand I THOUGHT WAS QUALITY.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2015

Bought my first new mower. Heard that Husqvarna was a dependable product. It's a 46" riding mower. With 5 hrs on the motor the belt for the blades broke. I bought the 4 yr extended warranty. They picked up the mower and kept it almost a month. I had to pay for the belt. They said it wasn't a manufacture defect. Then the knob on the blade engage handle broke. With 14 hrs on mower it quit running. No power. Battery is fine but when I turn the key on I have no power for lights. Only thing that comes on is the hour indicator. Still waiting for word on problem. They won't refund my money or give me a new one. THIS IS A LEMON. Plus I have to pay to have my grass cut. The mower was bought last year and only 14 hrs! Really!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

I purchased and received a new Husqvarna chainsaw at the end of June. I used it three time cutting fallen trees in my yard. I was using it at the end of August just two months old and it stopped working. I was mid cut when it felt as if the engine seized. I followed all of the manufacturer's requirements. I went to Lowe's where I purchased it and they do not cover outdoor power equipment if it has been used. They said the manufacturer's warranty was good for three months. They sent it to what they I understood to be Husqvarna but it was a repair vendor for them in conjunction with Lowe's.

They called and said it was an internal part some type of "coolant air conductor" which was broken and would not be covered. They also said the carb was dirty. I questioned the warranty and even though it was an internal issue, it was not covered. They said they would fix it for a total of $98.14. I told them to send it back. They billed the machine as being covered under warranty but it isn't.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2015

I have a 1&1/2 yr old lawn mower and chainsaw. Neither will work after average use on my lawn and on the Brazilian peppers that invade my yard each year. I've put a new spark plug and air filter in the mower and it still won't run. Poorly designed without a manual choke. They claimed it would start first time every time. Boy that was a lie! A simple choke would make it easier to start and the frame is rusting out horribly.

After 1&1/2 yrs the chainsaw, compared to my old Homelite, is impossible to keep running. When I manage to get it running. Poorly designed chain tensioner. Impossible to get and keep the tensioner in a workable position. And it came with the manifold cover finger-tightened down and promptly fell off. Last time I buy anything with this brand name on it.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2015

I purchased this mower because it satisfied my main criteria, namely, push, rear bagger, mulch option and most importantly a Briggs and Stratton 7 HP engine. My only complaint is the plastic wheels. Both of the rear wheels have broken completely off since my purchase. Plastic wheels?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2015

I bought HU700F lawn mover from Lowe's in August 2014 and within a year it's hard starting. I took it to their local dealer and after work he charged me saying it's not under warranty and I need to call Honda as engine is from Honda. This is a shocking news. I need to call two different companies for warranty. Thankfully they don't make cars, otherwise they will ask me to call over 100 vendors who supply parts to car companies. This is totally not acceptable and I feel it's cheating as they should clearly advertise about two different warranties. I think this company as well as their products are substandard.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2015

LGTH22V48 - Bought mower new. Mowed my sparse lawn a few times and started to have issues with clods of cut grass falling from underside of mower deck where grass was packing excessively. When these clods fell into spinning blades the mower would bog and several times (5) the mower actually stalled (full engine stop). The last time it happened the left side blade arbor sheared all four mounting ears and tore out of the deck. This caused the belt to tear itself up, ruining it. I took mower to dealer who inspected and cleaned it trying to find cause. Dealer confirmed to me that he found NO indication of abuse/blade strike and in fact the broken arbor carried the least nicked blade of the 3.

After several days dealer informed me that warranty was denied citing "operator abuse." I was left with the bill and no resolution to the mower deck "packing" issue. I posted a summary of this issue on Husqvarna's facebook page and have had contact but no resolution to my complaint. Today after mowing my yard for the 2nd time since the repair I scraped out the mower deck and out came a pile of highly compacted grass 10" high and 23" across at the base. More than half of a five gallon pail's worth! The "packing" issue persists with no resolution in sight.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

I purchased a Husqvarna string trimmer model 327 LDx-series from Amazon in September 2014. I only used it twice, drained the non-ethanol gas each time and when I went to use it August 29 it would start, but then died when I tried to trim. I contacted Husqvarna's customer service number, 800-487-5951, and they told me I needed to take it to a certified Husqvarna dealer. Took it there and was advised that "Husqvarna won't cover it because where I bought the product didn't register it, so it's not covered."

So I call Husqvarna's back, speak to Dawn, who was totally unhelpful, and recommends I take it to a different service center. I said "why, I have it at a recommended repair shop, why would I take it somewhere else? You want me to drive all over for same result?" Dawn continues to say "well it's probably not under warranty". Finally I call Amazon who apologized for the situation and fully refunded my purchase. Go Amazon, love you, and GOODBYE Husqvarna, my first and LAST experience ever with your products!!! Hard lesson, but grateful that Amazon stands by their customers and protects their purchases, lesson learned: Don't buy Husqvarna ever. Back to Echo for me.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2015

Purchased the 336fr brush cutter for $569. Used it one time for 30 minutes and engine suddenly locked up. Repair tech told me that though there is a proper fuel mixture in tank, he sees none inside. As a result, Husqvarna refuses to honor the warranty. I guess somewhere between the fuel tank and the engine the oil disappeared?! Actually, company is accusing me of running it without oil and then adding oil to fuel tank to cover up my mistake... Incredible!! I would not recommend this company to anyone... Hoping no one else out there with same experience.

Husqvarna Company Information