2. Homeowners

Find deals on a new lawn mower

Shop and compare today on Cub Cadet

Visit Website

Husqvarna Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

Original review: July 8, 2019

Bought a mower from Lowe's just around 3 years ago. Have had problems with it since the first time I mowed. Husqvarna will not back my warranty. The mower was dropped off at Lowe’s for a repair of deck issues 2 weeks short of warranty deadline. The subcontractor keep my mower for 2 months and submitted to Husqvarna numerous times for repairs unfortunately the transmission was bad. Now they say it’s out of warranty and it will cost more than it’s worth. So since it’s not fixable according to my warranty it should be replaced at no cost. But now they refuse and I’ve had to pick up a piece of junk for a yard ornament. DO NOT BUY HUSQVARNA!

Original review: June 30, 2019

Always garage kept and maintained. All this within 8 years and $8000 invested in two Husqvarna Y48 riding mowers. The first mower after couple hours of use wouldn't start. The steering has become loose with play, can turn steering 1/4 turn before engaging wheels - no fix. Replaced all deck wheels and front roller - twice. Front bracket and main bracket for rear axle broke after 4 years. Seat material split open. Difficult to maintain good and level cut with deck. On many occasions, I had blades fall off due to spindle bolts loosening up and falling out. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I'M BUYING A JOHN DEERE X700 SERIES NEXT.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I purchased the mower several years ago for residential land mowing for fire protection. The manual does not detail the required tightening of the pulley or blade. Hence the interface material suffers. You can tighten them as much as you want but the parts still wear out. $$$$$$$$$ 1. The material used in the drive spindle spline is very strong and the pulley material is very soft, hence it easily wears out. Same with the bottom of the drive spindle where the bottom star is soft material and the blade is very STRONG, hence the spindle wears out quickly. $$$$$$$$ 2. ZERO customer support. I have left a total of 5 requests over the years to contact the factory and the common response is, thank you and a factory representative will contact you in 1-2 business days. NEVER HAPPENED. Last request was in mid May, NADA.

I can fix my problem because I have the experience and tools to do so. HOWEVER, any lay person is at the mercy of the poor customer service and expensive replacement parts cost. My hope was to communicate with the factory as to the problems I have been subject to and wanted to offer engineering solutions. They seem to not care!!!!

Original review: May 31, 2019

Their throttle cable breaks the plastic where the screw is going to come out. The weed trimmer has two pieces and the bottom piece always comes off. I would recommend anybody who wants new equipment to not buy Husqvarna by steel. They don’t even help their customers. Every time I call they laugh in your face. The model is 128LD hey pile of junk. On top of that I spent $220.00 on 10-22-2018 and it’s even still under warranty.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I bought a 46" Huskee riding mower for my birthday last April and have had carburetor problems ever since. It ran fine for a few months, then would act like it was running out of gas then would shut off. I couldn't get it cranked back up for several hours, then it would only run for a short time. I had a local guy pick it up and was charged $125 for carb work along with pick up and delivery. Later that next day---same thing. He came back to my house and took out the plug and asked me to start it--gas came spewing out, then he cleaned the plug and opening, and it ran enough to finish my lawn.

Next week, same thing again. This time I called Lowe's and the mngr agreed to pick it back up and take it to their service center. They called about 10 days later saying the repair bill was over $409!!! Wtf!! I said it's under a 2-year warranty---they said carburetor problems were not covered, and they would charge me a diagnostic charge and a p/u and delivery charge just to have it back to the store unfixed. Also the folks they use (Altaquip???) were not Husqvarna service dealers anyway.

Now, Lowe's mngr. said they would deliver it back to my house and I would have to call a factory authorized service dealer in my area to fix it... Huskee said there would still be a charge to have carb problems fixed, so I'm stuck with a mower that broke down on me and still have to pay... What a rip-off!! I did the research on the highest rated riding mowers, and husky was at the top---never again!! Buyer beware!! PS: My sister's husband bought one too and has exactly the same problems!! Mike.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Purchased Husqvarna riding mower. The locking differential (mechanism that makes both back wheels rotate at same time) is literally tearing up my yard. DO NOT PURCHASE MOWER WITH LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Bought a Husqvarna YTH24V54V lawn tractor on 8/6/18 at Lowe's and a 3 yr extended warranty. $2450 +tax. Before this winter in TN, which is around end of Nov. I winterized it like I have winterized all my outdoor equip for the past 30+ yrs living in upstate NY where the winters are about 3 months longer and much colder. Added stabil to gas in the mowers tank and gas in can. Ran engine long enough to make it to the carb. Why B&S does not install a shutoff valve in the system is beyond me?

On 4/18 I decided to cut the grass for the first time this season. Started tractor with no problems and it ran as normal for about 2 mins on the driveway. Drove it to the grass engaged the deck and made it about 6' then stalled. Tried to start and it would not. Pushed back onto the driveway and continued to try and start. If I let it sit for a couple of mins it would start and run although not normal. Called it a day. It rained for two days so I did not look at it. When I did try to start it again. It ran for 15 20 secs but blowing white smoke. Did start it numerous times trying to figure out why the white smoke. Then I noticed it was also blowing oil and gas out of the exhaust! Ok check the gas tank which did have over a gallon in it now had 1/2 in. The crank case was full of diluted oil and gas. The first thing I thought of was the engine is probably now toast. The second thing was call Lowe's and have it taken in for service.

It took 5 days before they found a servicer to pick it up for repair. I did some internet investigation and found out it was most likely the carb and it seems B&S engines are the only ones to drain the gas into the oil. I also decided to dump the crankcase and change the filter. While the oil filter is draining in the catch pan I notice very file metallic shavings in the diluted stream. GREAT!!

The Lowe's warranty rep calls me on Tuesday that's (7 days with no mower). 1st call: Informs me that the servicer diagnosis was the carburetor is bad! And it's not covered in the warranty. (My mistake and I wont ever let it happen again). I was a little dumbfounded as to why it wasn't but I was more concerned on getting it back. So then I am informed if you want him to do the job it will be 45 for diagnosis and the cost of the carb replacement. (Except she forgot to get that info.) Also informs me that the carb is on back order and the servicer has another mower waiting for one. (OK that raises 2 red flags for me.) Ok ,she will call back with the total and I'll go read the warranty under Owners Warranty Responsibilities.

(Here is the part where they void their warranty) "As the engine/equipment owner, you should however be aware that B&S may deny you warranty coverage if your equipment or a part has failed due to abuse, neglect, IMPROPER MAINTENANCE, or unapproved modifications." So adding Stabil to the fuel before winter is improper maintenance? Who Knew!!

2nd phone call - The price for the carb and the diagnostics is $368. Ok they can do it. Now I ask her "Why is the carb not covered? You would think it is since it's a main part". Oh they said it was not covered because it's a maintenance issue' Oh! Surprise! I asked, "Is there a eta on when the carbs will be available?" "No idea what so ever." Greaaat. So it seems maintenance issues have been taking out a lot of carbs since they can't keep them in stock? Why can't a "dirty" carb be repaired? Can a little (gas and fuel stabilizer) varnish making the float stick destroy the carb? B&S builds inferior carbs and pushes their failures off on their customers. Stay away from BRIGGS and any company who puts this engine in their product.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I purchased a brand new Husqvarna MZT 61. When I got it home, I got used to the controls for about 10 minutes and started to cut. The mower was cutting nicely and then abruptly the blades disengaged and smoke was coming from under and behind. The clutch completely failed. The dealer had a loaner for me to use. Not sure how often this happens but very inconvenient and trust is shot. Waiting for the part. Should I demand a new mower? Has anyone else had the same problem? What was the outcome? Hopefully not years of more problems.

Original review: April 18, 2019

My experience worse a disaster from day one: The first year/year and a half entered the shop 6 or 7 times for different reasons. One time the people at the shop were surprised to find out that the clutch was gone, they said it was very rare. I had a John Deere 15 yrs old, and I never knew there was a clutch in these machines. Everything that could break got broken. I am taking it tomorrow again because the belt broke for the second time. Changing the oil is the messiest job you can do, and the deck does not raise high enough, so it cuts so short that the Florida sun burns the grass immediately. On top of that I spent $300.00 in attachments (what the hell was I thinking??!!) that I used only a few times because the chute was getting clogged. It is hard to believe that there was any engineer involved in this product.

My John Deere started giving me problems at the end and I sold it. I don't want to sell this one because I FEEL I AM DEFRAUDING PEOPLE. This machine may be great in Canada, or to ride with the grand kids at 6 mph, but certainly useless to mow the grass... unless you don't care about destroying your lawn. I WISH I HAD READ REVIEWS BEFORE I SPENT 2,000.00 IN THIS PIECE OF METAL. By the way: The customer service people are very nice because they are so used to complaints but do not solve absolutely anything. 40' on the phone to be transferred yesterday to the "escalation" department, they apologized saying that the "escalation" department was very busy. Well... I believe that!

Original review: April 17, 2019

The mower deck has never been level and will scalp the lawn at a 2.5" setting. The dealer will not or can't get it level. The engine is always hard starting and has had 3 batteries in 3 years despite being garaged and a battery tender being placed on it. I don't feel that Husqvarna screens their dealers or checks on the service quality before their machines leave the factory. $3200 for a lemon.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Product is fair. Chronically slips drive/blade belt. No close dealer to do warranty work. Mower is one year old, has 3 year warranty. Cut is chronically bad even with new blades. Internet, videos, calls, chat are all near useless. I will never buy any Husqvarna product. Product fair. Service is one of the worst ever. Don't waste money on their products. They don't help when you need it.

Original review: March 29, 2019

A year after I had my Sears 26/54 it also would not drive uphills but was OK straight ground. The issue is a bad main drive belt-it shows no sign of wear but either stretches some or gets slick. Changed belt problem fixed. As for toe out all Sears and Husqvarna have some of this issue and nothing seems to be out of spec or bent.

Fix is to set right wheel straight ahead go to left drag link and cut it about in the center. Now move left wheel to straight position matching the right wheel straight forward position. Then go down to left drag link and overlap both ends. Mark the excess length then cut off. Get a steel angle iron or scrap put it under both cut sections. Clamp with vice grips on angle bracket and each end of link. Have angle bracket welded to both ends of link and Voila. Away you go after replacement. Be careful. Weld will be hot. Saw this done to an older Deere and said I have the same problem on a tight turn mower should work and it does.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Best mower I have ever owned. Keeps on going...just like the Energizer bunny. Have had mower many years with some minor repairs but it has proven super reliable. Highly recommend a Husqvarna mower. Very easy to ride.

Original review: March 12, 2019

3 trans in 3 years. Bought our new mower in 2016. We have less than an acre and only cut once a week during the season. We are now on our 3rd transmission and Husqvarna will not acknowledge that there is a problem with this, OR a recall. The honest repair manager at the dealership told me they are fixing a lot of these for this reason. He also told his boss that they should not sell this as they are not built well. There are plastic parts where there should be metal, which is one of the problems. If you are thinking about buying one, don't. If you are still going to get one, the first time you hear a grinding noise in back, take it in and hope that will be in the 12 month warranty, otherwise you're screwed. Terrible problem and Husqvarna doesn't give a crap. Sad.

Original review: March 6, 2019

If you only mow level ground it works well. However, we have minimal slopes in the yard and the mower doesn't have the power to go up the SLIGHT incline. I am not talking a hill here, either. I have to disengage the blades, raise the mower deck to go up incline. I am very disappointed that there isn't enough power to pull the 52 inch deck unless completely level ground. Otherwise, it did a nice job mowing.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I have had nothing but trouble with the front steering system. The front tires tow outward, I've done everything to correct but it did no good. I'm going to purchase a new different brand because this one continues to destroy my lawn and also tears my tires, bought a new set and they are showing signs of wear. Last Husqvarna for me.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Bought zero turn mower less than a year ago. Mower has 41 hours on it. Paid around $3000 for mower brand new. Have already had to replace belt that engages blades one time. Went to use it today, and the blades would not engage again. This is the worst mower I have ever owned. Would NOT recommend!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I bought a Brand New what was supposed to be a 2018 but turned out it was a 2017! In April of 2018 I have had to replace everything above the deck at least once due to failure of components! Also I have had to change the blades at least 4 times! Leeper's is where I was screwed at, and after fixing it again this last time, I found the deck was cracked at the weld of the back bracket! So I took it to an authorized warranty dealer. They called me and told me Husqvarna will not service my warranty! I paid $3000 for a mower that’s a $$$ pit! I WILL NEVER SHOP FOR HUSQVARNA EVER AGAIN, NOR DO I ADVISE ANYONE OF BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I have return (27/11/2015) Husqvarna RZ4622T. Weld/metal fatigue on the cutting deck. The second bracket on the deck is showing signs of fatigue. Item purchased 23/06/2015 (124 hours run time to date). The supplier suggested it will more likely not be covered by Husqvarna. If this is the case it is poor support.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

From very beginning our 24HP YTA24V48 48" B&S INTEK V-TWIN with 3-year extended warranty would not pull upgrade once warmed up. The pedals also lock up and have to be stomped to work. Took to the same dealer twice during the first year. Each time they claimed they could find nothing wrong. Took to a different dealer. They said that the transmission is in a vinyl housing and that they have had many of these brought in with the same complaint. After two months, they said Husqvarna would not approve replacement of the transmission. After two more weeks they still told me the same. I picked the mower up and use only on level terrain. Bought a Cub Cadet for mowing the hillsides and it works beautifully. My three-year extended warranty was worthless.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Mower has 21 hours and now won't start. Have to wait 3 weeks for service to come out and pick it up via Lowe's then wait and see if they will repair under warranty! It has 21 hours on it. Warranty should not even be a question. Won't buy another Husqvarna nor recommend one. My Troy-Bilt is better quality than this piece of crap.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

DO NOT BUY the Husqvarna Forest Helmet. It is shipped in pieces and the instructions are on the back side of the pictures and so small you will have to have a magnify glass to even read them. The instructions are so incomplete as to how to assemble the pieces to the hat, the person should be fired. I have spent 20 plus years instructing on how to assemble Data Center servers and this is the most ridiculous and useless instructions I have ever seen.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We purchased a Husqvarna 46" riding mower from Lowe's and the first time we used it would not even finish my yard before it was having an issue with going forward or reverse. Had to stomp on the pedals to get it to go. Went to the shop. It was debris buildup. Was told the transmission was a poor design. Had to be taken apart to clean it out. Husband blows it out every time we used it. Did not matter. Back in the shop again for the same problem and due to the build up of debris that created moisture therefore had to replace the drive bearing and clean it out again.

Was told it is a snow mobile transmission and that the mower I bought model #YTA22V46 is for small yards with no trees. Well I have a large yard with lots of trees. I paid 1,700 for a mower I can't use. Stays in shop more than cutting my yard. Would not buy another mower from Lowe's or another Husqvarna. Was told that Lowe's bought the cheaper line of mowers yet sold them for a higher price... P.S> having to be a squeaky wheel to get the oil Husqvarna does not want to own it or replace it but they will as I am a dog with a bone. I will not stop till I get results.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I bought this to replace an old Craftsman riding mower that had served me well. This model has essentially the same body as the Craftsman so I was able to look at the old Craftsman to see why the Husqvarna was so low to the ground. The Husqvarna body is directly bolted to the rear axle while the Craftsman has a bracket that lifts the body about an inch above the rear axle. Because of this, the mower deck on the Husqvarna can't be properly adjusted. Also, when I use it to pull a broadcast spreader, the spreader is tipped forward too much and the mover deck is dragged through the grass the whole time. I've since found many reports of this problem. Too bad I hadn't seen these reports before I bought it earlier this year.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I bought a Husqvarna YTH18542 Riding Lawn Mower with a 42” deck powered by a Briggs & Stratton 18.5 HP motor. It only has 200 hours on it and the transmission locked up on me. For as much as I paid for this mower I am very disappointed in the quality. This mower has lots of cheap plastic parts. What metal it does have is very thin and easy to bend.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I bought a new garden tractor/riding mower from Husqvarna via Amazon in March 2017. Within two months it would not go into reverse. I used it as is so I could care for the 10-acre garden/lawn/orchard/vineyard I maintain until the damn thing blew up, scattering parts everywhere. It was the transmission and the clutch. Under warranty. Called Husqvarna to find a local dealer for service (I live in an extremely remote area of the US) and was referred to one some miles away who refused to service my tractor because I had not bought it from him. Called Husqvarna to report this and to see what else I could do. Turns out there was a dealer in the town closest to me, which they had failed to mention first time. It sat in the shop for weeks as we waited for parts and/or argued with Husqvarna about the warranty.

Finally got it back and guess what? Two months later the transmission did the same thing: No reverse and then no forward either. It has been in the shop for weeks while we wait for parts that are "back ordered" or whatever is the most recent excuse. In short, out of the 17 months that I have had ownership of this equipment, I have had only 4 months of full service. I have had three garden tractors over the years and never had these kinds of problems. I will never, ever buy a Husqvarna again and would not recommend it to my worst enemy. Not only is the product inferior (plastic parts in a transmission?!) but the customer service is terrible. Perhaps I have a lemon (that can happen) but I will never take a chance like this again - and it cost twice what I am accustomed to paying! In truth, I'd just like my money back so I can buy something that performs. And I have any number of witnesses to this so Husqvarna cannot dispute my claims.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Bought a new Husqvarna riding mower for $1800 from our Sears Hometown Store, Foley, AL. The engine developed a problem at 10 hours. Went to Sears store, they set up an appointment and had to wait 2 plus weeks. 5 minutes before the appointment the Sears rep called me and asked if the mower was orange. Said yes he would not work on it. Store manager said he would take care of it and would call which he did not do. Went to store and he said I needed to call Husqvarna. Husqvarna referred me to a dealer and the dealer said, "Did you buy it here?" Since I did not buy it there it will 6 to 8 weeks before he could look at it. I'm 76 years old and I now have to push mow my yard, and out $1800.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Paid 2000.00 to purchase brand new 2016 Husqvarna YTA24v48 with V-Twin Intek. Transmission is sketchy at best and after 30 hours and one oil/filter change cheap plastic carburetor started causing severe idle fluctuation to the point it would hardly run. Shortly afterwards, governor flew apart inside engine. Paid another 500.00 to have governor and carburetor replaced 'cause Husqvarna and Briggs & Stratton wouldn't warranty their product. Overall, mower and engine are so cheaply made that now I'm afraid to even use it without worrying what's going to break next. Extremely dissatisfied and regret this expensive purchase of junk. I will never purchase either product nor will I ever recommend these products.

Original review: July 27, 2018

The mower has a Briggs and Stratton 27 HP motor, has 390 hrs. Burns oil badly not head gaskets had both replaced. The positive traction doesn't work rear end makes a noise when backing up. Has fabricated deck and does not cut tall grass good. Junk.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Purchased this from Morgan Equipment. I bought my last rider close to 20 years ago so once I got past the sticker shock I compared what I think are the top 2 Husqvarna and John Deer. I didn't like how the JD controls worked and some on its construction seemed less quality. HV was a lot more machine for the price, solid unit with a top end Kawasaki engine. For the same engine, JD was about $200 more. Now that I've had it for a few mowing I like the Husqvarna's operation and it give a good mow. It fast and gives a good mow.

Husqvarna Company Information