2. Homeowners

4.0/5 (274 ratings)
Shop Now Ace

About Husqvarna

Husqvarna Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

Original review: June 1, 2015

I purchased a zero turn less than 1 year ago. After only 6 hours of use the spindle started smoking. The dealer took it into the shop for repair. Two weeks later I got it back. In the spring this year, after only 9 hours of use the spindle started making grinding noises and smoking again. This time they replaced the spindle and the pulleys. Two weeks later after I got the mower back it immediately started making strange noises. I called Husqvarna consumer support and told them I believe I have a "lemon" for a mower. The customer service agent told me to contact the dealer again and have them pick it up to be looked at. I attempted to cut my grass again and with only 10 hours of use the mower melt came off and would not drive.

The dealer picked up the mower and it has been in their possession for almost 3 weeks. I called Husqvarna customer service again and spoke with **. He told me that I need to deal with the dealer and there was nothing and no one else I can talk to about my issues. I specifically asked to speak with his supervisor. He refused to do so. I repeatedly asked for another manager or anybody that can help me resolve my issues. He said there was no other person in the entire company that I can contact about my problem. I explained that I am very frustrated because I, the consumer, have a $4000 lawn mower that has spent more time being worked on and in the possession of the dealer than it has in my possession doing it intended purpose. I just want a mower that works!

Original review: May 29, 2015

Every lawn tractor I have owned is a "dead-man" design; take your foot off the pedal and the machine stops its movement forward or back. This new machine of mine is operated by a lever on the fender, and keeps moving until the lever is moved to neutral, or the brake is engaged. Which responds as though encountering a wall. So, I have a question; how did the Consumer Protection folks let this design pass review? Any thoughts?

Original review: May 29, 2015

I tried to buy a replacement cover for my lawn tractor grass catcher directly from Husqvarna. Was politely told there is no replacement part available even though I have the cover part number. For $400.00 I was informed I can buy a whole new grass catcher accessory. Love their equipment but this situation is disappointing.

Original review: May 25, 2015

The cutting deck only has difference of 1" from the highest to the lowest with the lift handle. The dealer I bought it from says it can't be raised because of belt alignment. It won't load on trailers unless I find a special place to load.

Original review: May 25, 2015

I have been very disappointed in the all wheel drive mower. I have a steep hill to mow and for over 25 years I have used Honda self propelled mowers without a problem pulling the hill. My Honda was in the shop and I needed a mower so I purchased the all wheel drive model - thinking it would work better on my hill. I used it three or four times and the mower stopped pulling, even on level ground. I took it back to dealer and it was repaired. Unfortunately, after it was repaired the same issue developed. The mower would not pull, even on level ground. Back to dealer for repair again.

On its best day, this mower has not pulled as well as my Honda. I have two Husqvarna Rancher chainsaws and other Husqvarna products that I am very pleased with. Based on my experience, I cannot recommend an AWD all wheel drive mower. Based on other reviews, I am not the only person having issues with this model. I would hope that Husqvarna would research the issue I, and others are having, and provide a solution. I have no issue with the cranking or bagging with this unit. I do have an issue in having to push a self propelled mower on level ground.

Original review: May 24, 2015

I have had this lawn tractor for 26 months. I've lost count how many times it's been back to the dealer. This is a POS. It wouldn't start in cold weather, and now it won't move forward or backward. It has 112 hours on it. After, 105 hours, I had to replace a pulley on the mower deck. I am totally dissatisfied with this mower. The dealer doesn't even sell them anymore. I'm going to ask for money back, but he probably won't do it. My opinion - Do not buy any lawn tractors manufactured by this company!

Original review: May 24, 2015

52" Lawn tractor - I asked the people at Lowe's for a recommendation for a lawn mower. I told them I Had some sizable hills on my lawn up to a 20 degree grade. They said Husqvarna was the best and I bought one. WOW! It's the worst mower on hills I've ever drove. Even a 10 degree grade makes the wheels spin. My Neighbor has an old Craftsman and it has no trouble with the hills. Very disappointed. I spent $3000 on a lawn tractor that I have to push up hills. I ordered tire chains for it. Hope that solves the problem. It also leaves two lines about three inches wide that do not get cut. Every thing must be cut twice which doubles the time I take.

Original review: May 22, 2015

Bought AWD Husqvarna mower at Ace Hardware less than 2 years ago. Brought it home, gassed it up and would not start. Took it back and they messed with it and put premium no ethanol gas in it. Back home it started. I rarely use this mower as a yardman usually mows my lawn, but I use it to tidy up. The mower has been used maybe 4 times. I have used it once this year on 05-10-2015 and tried to use it today 05-22-2015. The AWD is not working. The cable is loose and will not empower the AWD. The thing is impossible to push without the AWD.

This mower has not worked properly from the git-go and I should have asked for my money back. Now I have to somehow load this heavy thing up and take it to a repair shop. I am 75 years old and wish I had bought a cheap mower from Wal-Mart as I have done in the past and had no problems with them, plus Wal-Mart will return your money if returned in a timely manner. Ace did not want to do this and they are local and I live in a small town, but I should have stood my ground and insisted on a refund.

Original review: May 21, 2015

I recently had a riding mower repaired, for what I thought should have been covered under warranty. It was a Husqvarna YTH24V48. One of the blade mandrels broke while I was cutting my lawn. I brought it into the Lowe's where I purchased it after calling the number on the mower, and was told it should be covered under warranty based on what I told her. I initially only wanted the part sent and I was willing to replace it myself, but was told it had to go back to the store, which I did.

Without ever consulting me about what happened (either at the store or by the repair shop) it was, ultimately, assumed I had to have hit something. I never hit anything but grass. I took pictures of the cheap, pot metal casting that sheared if anyone is interested. I have only had the mower since October 2014 and I now don't trust it based on what has happened. Lowe's has always been my home center of choice for years now. I am currently building a house and have easily spent over $20,000 in the last year alone and the house is only 50% complete.

From here on out, I'm afraid that my preferred home center for most things will now be Home Depot. It is not so much that I was charged for the repair, but that it was determined without ever consulting me that it had to have been broken due to user error, which I know to be a false assumption. And when I questioned this at the store, they turned up their hands and told me to contact Husqvarna. I'm not sure that was the best answer for a product you promote. Never buying or recommending another Husqvarna product is not a big deal to me, but ending my 20+ year old Lowe's relationship should speak volumes. Loyalty needs to be earned.

Original review: May 19, 2015

I bought a garden tractor (Husqvarna 54 in cut) last year and with only 22 operating hours on it, it broke the belt for the cutting deck. It was not due to wear, the break was a clean break. At the time of the failure, the mower was sitting on a asphalt driveway and was not even cutting. Husqvarna says they will not replace it after 30 days. We bought this tractor partly due to the excellent warranty. Now we find out the warranty is so exclusive that we will probably never be able to use it. Never buying another Husqvarna!

Original review: May 19, 2015

No parts support at all from retailer (Lowe's) or Husqvarna themselves! Do not buy this mower. Looking for trouble if you get one! Mine has been silently sitting for over a month now waiting for someone to manufacture a steering shaft for it.

Original review: May 18, 2015

Husqvarna Lawn tractor YTH22V46 - 1st. Issue: Ordered online from DR POWER EQUIPMENT. Order Confirmation from POWER EQUIPMENT PLUS on 8/11/2013. DR POWER EQUIPMENT Order has shipped on 8/13/2013. Rec'd packing slip from Country Home Product. 2nd. Issue: Very hard to start, struggled with it for one summer. Finally went on line to ** and found a article about starting problems on this L.T. The choke was not adjusted properly at the factory. A simple turn of the screw on the bracket which holds the cable allowing it to move freely. Jumped on and turned the key and it started right up!

3rd. Issue: After running the L.T. for about a hour on 5/15/2015 went to start and it wouldn't. Gasoline was pouring out of the manifold. Now the L.T. is at the Local Husqvarna Dealer waiting for at least two (2) weeks for a carburetor repair. Local dealer has one repair man and a two week back log of Husqvarna products. No idea what this repair will cost. They will call with estimate! My advice - buy the green one!

Original review: May 17, 2015

I bought this mower a year ago and it was fine. Now I have to fight with it to get it started. When it runs it's fine but getting it started is a pain.

Original review: May 17, 2015

Bought from Lowe's. After 2 years of mowing flat 2 acres, frame cracked in 2 spots, the Briggs has stopped charging. Piece of crap. Head light switch won't work. Midway thru mowing, electric clutch disengages where I have to go back to garage and hook up to battery charger to get deck mowing.

Original review: May 16, 2015

I bought the mower new in 2009. I changed the oil regularly and keep the mower and engine clean and store it in my garage when not in use. It has only 160 hours on the machine. The motor is blowing blue smoke and it is consuming oil. I checked a few mower forums and they say the Kohler Courage engine is a throw away when it goes bad. Most shops won't work on it. I should have researched it before buying it. It's too bad, the mower is in still excellent condition. And a new engine would cost me 60% of what I paid for the machine new. I ordered a new Husky Zero Turn mower with a Kawasaki engine.

Original review: May 10, 2015

Hi, I purchased a Husqvarna tractor - yth2348 in 2012 which ran OK for 2 years, and since then continually throws off the drive belt every time I try to back the machine up. It's starting to do that in forward direction now too. I put a new drive belt on which did nothing to help, checked the pulleys and belt retainers at the pulleys, and all are good. It is a shame to spend so much money on a tractor that is the most unreliable machine I have ever operated. And I am a heavy equipment operator. I usually don't write reviews but feel compelled to tell everyone from what I have read about Husqvarna machines and my own experience... DO NOT EVER purchase a Husqvarna ANYTHING! THEY are all junk, and the US Attorney General should intervene as it is a CRIME to sell these pieces of Husqvarna junk.

Original review: May 10, 2015

Why does your tractors have a history of the rear transaxle snapping. I own a Husqvarna LGT2654. I am only cutting about a half of a acre of grass. The tractor still looks like I just bought it. I take care of my stuff. I lived here for 37 years and never had that happen. My last tractor I owned I drove it for 14 years.

Original review: May 9, 2015

I purchased Husqvarna GHT2754 garden tractor 9 years ago from a local dealer. The first year all was well. The second year a pulley bracket broke. Brought the tractor to the dealer for repairs. Was told the tractor was out of warranty so I would have to pay for any repairs. The third year a similar thing happened. Dealer told me he feels the mower deck was under-designed for its size, (54"). Would have been nice to know before purchase. Repairs were made. Later that year or possibly the next the deck broke for the third time. Again this was a pulley mount. This time the dealer asked if I would mind if he sent it to a friend who has experience fixing farm equipment. A year passed with no problems but the next year the mower deck front mounting plate broke. I was so frustrated I had a friend fabricate a reinforced part and weld it. Last year the steering stopped working.

When disassembled the plastic bearing had failed and wore through the steel mount. Again a new much stronger mount and bearing were fabricated and installed. Yesterday while installing a new drive belt I found the bracket for yet another pulley was cracked to the point it will need to be welded and reinforced as well. Each time I had a failure it cost me time and money to make repairs, hire someone else to cut my grass and even pay to have the dealer pickup the tractor to bring in for repairs. I wish I had kept better records and photos because I think I would be talking to a lawyer regarding this. I should have researched Husqvarna better prior to buying this tractor. I would have been far better off and money ahead, if I had hired a lawn service these past 9 years. My recommendation is to stay away from Husqvarna products unless you enjoy spending your free time rebuilding poorly designed and manufactured products.

Original review: May 7, 2015

Do not ever buy a push mower from Husqvarna. 1st pull of string or last eventually the metal cover for shaft will break literally in half putting you or something in danger of being hit by 1/4 in 'steel' and a good size chunk of it! Took it to certified lawn mower repair man. He said it's common in these and almost everyone WILL do it eventually, so got it repaired. Found an old push mower for my small, flat yard and haven't had a problem - got it free or I'd burn down their factory! So I'll make $ selling to some idiot.

Original review: May 2, 2015

Just purchased a Husqvarna riding lawn mower 46 for $1669 31 days ago and it will not start. Had trouble starting on the 1st, and 2nd time, 3rd time will not start at all.

Original review: May 1, 2015

I called 4 days ago. No reply. I have 6 saws (372xp saw) and the piece broke off. Holding the handle to the crankcase. It's a paper thin magnesium bracket. Absolutely only saw that has a piece like that and most expensive!

Original review: April 22, 2015

I bought a Husqvarna 48" riding lawn mower from a Lowes store. The mower starts easily and runs well. It also has plenty of power. It uses a lot of gasoline. Power takes fuel I know. My biggest complaint is with the mower deck. I feel it is either sub-standard or a bad engineering design. When I make a pass mowing my lawn there are 1 to 2 sections/lines of grass between the sides of the deck that did not get mowed down. This requires me to make 1 to 2 additional passes to mow those lines. Any ideas how this can be remedied?

Original review: April 18, 2015

This is our 3rd summer of trying to cut our lawn with this piece of junk Husqvarna calls a lawnmower. It has been nothing but a pain in our side. First, it was assembled incorrectly (whether from mfg or Lowe's) and in trying to work through all the numerous issues we have had with this "lawnmower" has my husband discovered the errors in assembly - tires were dry rotted from the start, replaced with wrong wheel by Lowe's, parts put on backwards, now, on and on... And, now, it is choking out so bad we can barely get through the yard. He has completely cleaned and reassembled the carburetor, replaced parts, tires, blades, on and on and we still have problems with this mower. Buyer beware - pass over this brand - you'll do yourself a favor. We can't afford to buy another one and don't have the clear conscience to pass this POS on to another poor soul trying to have a nice yard we can at least mow!

Original review: April 14, 2015

Bought a dealership model Husqvarna GTH26V52LS two years ago. Had several problems with it the first season. Now at the beginning of season 2 1/2 with 7 months of promised warranty left, they tell me my transaxle Hydro-Gear is leaking and it is a sealed unit and a new one is $1287.65. This is a mower that spends it's down time in a heated air conditioned shop. It has only 132 hours on it. No I did not run over a truck or stump or something, it just puked all the oil out while setting over the winter. As usual, my local no service dealer could not help and Husqvarna's no service personnel said sorry and the manufacturer said it's out of warranty. Seems that everything on the mower from the air in the tires to the paint job has a 3-year warranty but of course the hydro-gear has a two-year warranty. Stay away from Husqvarna as they are quick to sell you a product but they do not know you once you walk out the door.

Original review: April 14, 2015

I purchased a new walk behind lawn mower and after first use, it leaked oil into the air filter. Took it in for repair (supposedly under warranty). Repair service said too much oil, (only put in what came with the mower) and would not repair it under warranty. I will not purchase another Husqvarna mower again.

Original review: April 9, 2015

Bought a new DRT900H rototiller three weeks ago. Upon assembly I discovered a damaged recoil spring. Husqvarna customer (no)service wouldn't help because the engine was Honda manufactured. I was told to contact Honda. Honda service told me to contact a local dealer. Local dealer is filing a warranty claim. Three weeks later and I still can't run the rototiller. I'll never buy from Husqvarna again with this type of customer no-service! I got more support from Amazon than from Husqvarna.

Original review: April 5, 2015

Summer of 2011 husband purchased a Husqvarna tractor - yth2348. CURRENTLY 37 hrs on engine blows thick black smoke. Battery won't hold charge. We did a recent fuel drain, plugs & all filters replaced, still runs rough & doesn't want to move. Not a beneficial purchase for the family. Irked with thought of having to pay others to mow lawn. NUFF said!!

Original review: March 23, 2015

I purchased the Husqvarna 48 inch riding mower at Lowes. After the first cut I noticed my lawn did not look evenly cut. One side was a little higher than the other. I called Lowes and the associate said that maybe because it was the first cut the riding lawn mower needed some minor adjustments. I took it to a lawn mower repair service close to my home and dropped it off. After a week I went back and ended up paying $78.00 to have them tell me either the deck was bent or there may be some problems with the pulleys and or deck/parts. They said they really wasn't sure. So I emailed Husqvarna and explained everything. As being a concerned consumer I had waited over 5 months and still have not heard a reply back.

Original review: March 12, 2015

This riding mower is one of the Top-of-the-line Hydro mowers Husqvarna sells. 54 inch cut. The front wheels keep falling off and presenting a very dangerous situations. The spring clips that hold the washers and wheel on just destroy themselves with no warning even after keeping the entire environment well lubricated, above and beyond what is required. I have over 30 years’ experience maintaining my mowers, mostly riding mowers. This is a factory defect in manufacturing and Husqvarna needs to provide free replacement of defective parts. If not, I will never buy another Husqvarna product (I have a fair amount) and will make sure everyone I communicate with will know my recommendation. I will let you know what I find. Consumers beware!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

I bought a Husqvarna Lawn Tractor lgt2554. My mower deck lasted about 6 months. I have to buy a used 1. I also bought the SNOW PACKAGE. My problem is that I went out to plow about 6-8 inches of snow last week and the right rear axle broke off. This is first time that I used this snow blade. I was on this machine about 5 minutes and the right rear axle broke. I called Husqvarna and explained what had happened. They told me that they buy different and assemble them. They had me call Tuff Torq - this is the company that purchases these rear axles for Husqvarna.

The lady from Tuff Torq stated that Husqvarna builds these tractors with light duty rear axles. The manager stated that Husqvarna should have put bigger rear axles on these and that have had numerous complaints. I talked with VAN at Husqvarna he is the manager- they sent me to three repair facilities and everyone stated that this rear axle was too light for snow plowing. Then Husqvarna refused to repair my tractor.

I'm going down to Detroit Michigan in two weeks and I'm going to meet with a large law firm. When I called the law firm for some information, they stated in the Consumers Reports that Husqvarna has a 1 1/2 approval rating on a 5 scale. The attorney asked that I call Husqvarna one more time for them to send me a new axle or for them to pay for repair of this tractor. Then he stated that he was going to check if he can start a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against Husqvarna.

Husqvarna Company Information