2. Homeowners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.13/5

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

Original review: May 7, 2020

In the past we have bought a Dyson. $300 and even bought one for our son when he had a new baby. We loved the product but as we downsized our residence, we needed a new vacuum. The Dyson lasted 4 years. We decided to try the Hoover Windtunnel. The cost was less than $100. We have had it almost three years and it is as strong as it was when we bought it. It has lasted through getting a house ready for market, cleaning up every night from grandchildren and a dog. It came with us into retirement and is going strong. When it goes, we will get another one. For the money it is better than our Dyson or our Eureka.

Original review: May 5, 2020

This vacuum is probably around 20 yrs old so it is quite sturdy and in fact I still own and use it. It has incredibly strong suction. The style is an upright and it can get under furniture very well. The bag that goes with it absolutely does not fit the space allotted for it so the bag only gets half full before nothing more can fit. This is very annoying because the bags are quite expensive. The placement of the cord is so poorly designed that it is very chewed up because I ALWAYS vacuum over it.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

My Hoover vacuum needed warranty repairs and Hoover stepped up and took care of the problem in less time than the local repair shop could. I'm very impressed. The handle broke on my 3 1/2 years old Hoover vacuum (still under warranty). A local authorized service center said it would be months before warranty work could be authorized and completed. I contacted Hoover directly through their customer service number and they had the problem completely fixed in two weeks. I highly recommend Hoover.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I recently bought a Hoover WindTunnel 2. I will be brief - you can keep your Shark and Bissell cleaners, with dust spewing out of the collection canisters as you vacuum. This vacuum is the best I have had in a long time. Incredible suction and pick up - for me, the most important thing with 2 dogs and 2 cats. Other features are the same as most the vacuums today so no real difference there. Yes, it is a little heavy and noisier than some, (I'm a 62 year old guy so it's not an issue here), but it works like the Hoovers I grew up with - great! I still have a small (carry around) Hoover that is at least 50 years old and it still works great.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I bought this vacuum cleaner (Windtunnel 2) based on online reviews as well as a previous Hoover purchase. This cleans ok but it is really loud, so much louder than a regular one I had before. Also, the handle is kind of flimsy and not as sturdy. With the price I paid for from the Hoover website that included shipping, it is an ok purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: June 22, 2020

This vacuum is the best in its class. The suction is extremely powerful. I have pets that have short hair, this vacuum will remove all the hair that is deeply embedded into your carpet without a doubt. Very impressed. Every time you vacuum you see the results in the clear canister - makes you know this vacuum is getting the job done.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Plastic wheel connection broke. Unfixable. Hoover support very poor. Unable to find receipt. Machine still works. Paid almost $300 a few years ago. I was offered a discount on a new machine but will never buy another Hoover product even though I have always used one. Trying Dyson which has a better service ethic. VERY UNHAPPY!

Original review: May 12, 2020

I accidentally ordered the wrong thing on their site and canceled right away. I contacted them on their website and they NEVER got back to me regarding my cancelation. Lo and behold THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD ANYWAY and sent me the product ANYWAY refusing to acknowledge my request and directed me to their WEBSITE and basically hung up on me after promising to send me a return label which they never sent!! ** LIARS and shady jerks! I WILL NEVER EVER BUY A HOOVER VACUUM. EVER. EVER!

Original review: May 8, 2020

Vacuum could be quieter. Too loud. Too many rinky dink flimsy. Have always liked Hoover. Would like to see Hoover make their vacs more lightweight. I like how the newer vacs move over carpet much easier.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I have a vacuum cleaner that is built especially to clean up pet hair. It does that very well. I have to clean out my dust container quite often. I cannot get underneath some of the very low furniture because the vacuum "head" is to big to fit underneath. However, I have another smaller vacuum cleaner I can use for that.

Hoover author review by ConsumerAffairs

Hoover is a large manufacturing company that has been making vacuum cleaners since 1908. The American segment of the company was owned by the Whirlpool Corporation until 2006.

• Free shipping: All vacuums sold through Hoover's website include free shipping.

• Diverse designs: Hoover has a range of designs, including upright, canister and stick vacuum options.

• Affordable prices: Most Hoover vacuum cleaners cost less than 500 dollars.

• Numerous attachments: Consumers who purchase Hoover vacuums can expect numerous attachments that help them clean upholstery, vehicles and stairs.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team