Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

Original review: July 11, 2019

I bought this vacuum cleaner (Windtunnel 2) based on online reviews as well as a previous Hoover purchase. This cleans ok but it is really loud, so much louder than a regular one I had before. Also, the handle is kind of flimsy and not as sturdy. With the price I paid for from the Hoover website that included shipping, it is an ok purchase.

Original review: July 11, 2019

My vacuum cleaner is a Hoover pet model for pet hair build up, bagless upright and has many needed attachments for different types of cleaning, bagless for easy disposal of contents. Also a very neat feature is the automatic winding of the power cord in the base. Pretty cool and convenient. Also lightweight for older folks like my mother.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 10, 2019

Hoover Windtunnel with rewindable cord. All you have to do is read the Amazon reviews - they're on the mark. Powerful. Good price. Reasonably lightweight. Cord just a little too short and comes out at an annoying location. Adjustments are less than perfect. Canister separates and can be carried outside for disposal, cleaning. It sucks - I like it.

Original review: July 9, 2019

The Hoover line has been a real blessing to me. It is lightweight and easy to handle. I love the fact that I can see what and how much it is picking up. It is easy to dump the collection container, stores in a small space. So easy to use that I vacuum much more often!

Original review: June 30, 2019

I have the T-Series, bagless, upright. I have no pets, but I feel it would do a great job on pet hair. The vacuum is lightweight and the cord is long, so I can use it on my stairs. I clean the washable filters, and I make sure the dustbin never gets too full, both affect the vacuum's performance. An easy to use height adjuster is in the front, and the main hose detaches for cleaning a mattress, or just dusting other furniture. My vacuum is gray, but the T-Series, also comes in green. I'm happy with gray. Overall, I'd recommend this vacuum to others, if/when they want a recommendation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Battery is not good. I had Send them battery to replace as it was in warranty. And they send me back the same battery by telling me that they send me a new battery. Nobody picks the phone, even waiting for an hour. No one reply email.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Got a defective Hoover Vacuum. They said I have to pay to send defective unit back then they will replace. $40!! This is after I had to convince them to replace broken handle. Absolutely ridiculous to charge me to send their defective unit back! Don't buy a Hoover! They are crap!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I love my Hoover vacuum. It does a great job. I have a dog inside and it takes care of all the dog hair. I’m so pleased with vacuum. I have recommended this to all my friends and family. Hoover is so much better than previous vacuum.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I bought My Hoover vacuum cleaner in August 2018; end of September of the same year it begins to smell the burned and I saw sparkles out from the engine. After a lot of wasted time trying to reach Hoover customer service (about 1 week to get someone who seems to care a bit) I am told to bring my vacuum cleaner for repair in a specific store, since October 2018 (so 1 year, we are today October 2019) I still have no return. The store is not wrong. Hoover gives me no follow up and does not reply to my emails. I'm exhausted. We had to buy another vacuum cleaner (but not Hoover ever again). I will try to assert my rights, to follow. But flee this company. Customer service is inefficient. It's a shame to be treated this way.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Need a replacement part for a F5914 steam cleaner. Parts houses seem to disagree on item code, tells me to call Hoover and get the correct item code. Did the email thing first to customer service, no response. Called the 800 number (actually 3 800 numbers) tells me to go to website and do a live chat. Can't find any live chat on website. Called the 800 number again and waited forever. Never did get a person, just some crummy music. Customer service is becoming a lost art for companies, I understand that but this is downright terrible for a company like Hoover. No idea what to do next other than guess at the replacement item code.

Hoover expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hoover is a large manufacturing company that has been making vacuum cleaners since 1908. The American segment of the company was owned by the Whirlpool Corporation until 2006.

• Free shipping: All vacuums sold through Hoover's website include free shipping.

• Diverse designs: Hoover has a range of designs, including upright, canister and stick vacuum options.

• Affordable prices: Most Hoover vacuum cleaners cost less than 500 dollars.

• Numerous attachments: Consumers who purchase Hoover vacuums can expect numerous attachments that help them clean upholstery, vehicles and stairs.

• Best for: Hoover makes durable vacuums that homeowners, renters, landlords and drivers should find useful.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs