2. Homeowners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.94/5

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover Vacuum Cleaners?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

The freshwater tank was leaking and not staying seated down and they replaced the whole unit. They paid for the postage to return it and in 2 days I had a brand new unit. The new tank is sturdier and it works great! I love how lightweight the unit is. 20-year-old carpets look fantastic! Well done Hoover standing by your product! I am pleased!

Original review: June 22, 2020

This vacuum is the best in its class. The suction is extremely powerful. I have pets that have short hair, this vacuum will remove all the hair that is deeply embedded into your carpet without a doubt. Very impressed. Every time you vacuum you see the results in the clear canister - makes you know this vacuum is getting the job done.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2020

In the past we have bought a Dyson. $300 and even bought one for our son when he had a new baby. We loved the product but as we downsized our residence, we needed a new vacuum. The Dyson lasted 4 years. We decided to try the Hoover Windtunnel. The cost was less than $100. We have had it almost three years and it is as strong as it was when we bought it. It has lasted through getting a house ready for market, cleaning up every night from grandchildren and a dog. It came with us into retirement and is going strong. When it goes, we will get another one. For the money it is better than our Dyson or our Eureka.

Original review: May 5, 2020

This vacuum is probably around 20 yrs old so it is quite sturdy and in fact I still own and use it. It has incredibly strong suction. The style is an upright and it can get under furniture very well. The bag that goes with it absolutely does not fit the space allotted for it so the bag only gets half full before nothing more can fit. This is very annoying because the bags are quite expensive. The placement of the cord is so poorly designed that it is very chewed up because I ALWAYS vacuum over it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

My Hoover vacuum needed warranty repairs and Hoover stepped up and took care of the problem in less time than the local repair shop could. I'm very impressed. The handle broke on my 3 1/2 years old Hoover vacuum (still under warranty). A local authorized service center said it would be months before warranty work could be authorized and completed. I contacted Hoover directly through their customer service number and they had the problem completely fixed in two weeks. I highly recommend Hoover.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Wow talk about planned obsolescence. Have you ever bought something and have it not work as soon as the warranty expires? I bought a Hoover SmartWash Automatic Carpet Cleaner on eBay on Jun 17, 2020. It worked ok until last week. I took it in to a repair shop and was told the motor sounded bad and they will check it out. In the meantime, I contacted the seller and was told the warranty just expired in mid-December!! So I missed the warranty by a week. I will never buy another Hoover again!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Purchased vacuum at Canadian Tire. After 4 uses bearings seized brush clean, no response from canadian tire or Hoover. Looks like no warranty. Very poor. Had hoover products before is but nothing like this and no help.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Very loud. Poor suction. I read reviews on this product which I think is purchased at Home Depot right before Covid hit. Home Depot would not allow returns for several months at which time my allotted time for returns expired. I have owned Hoover vacuums before and have never had a issue. This product does not live up to Hoover standards. The loudness is very discerning.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

The Vacuum wand broke in just a year and no replacement parts are available. Hoover would not work with me to provide a repair or replacement so I would not be without a Vacuum. I am sensitive and need to keep my home clean. Hoover FAILED MISERABLY as a vendor. They don't provide repair parts and will not replace the Vacuum without destroying the old one first which would have left me with no vacuum. I had to insert a screw into the wand to fix it so I could stay healthy since Hoover would not respond to my request in a timely manner. Like a month! Hoover support thinks that was wrong!!! DON'T WASTE YOU MONEY ON THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

On 6/5/20 I contacted Hoover about a problem with my Wind Tunnel self propelled vacuum which was still under warranty. The end result was I needed to cut the cord send a photo and they would send a new vacuum. It would take 2 weeks to receive and it was not the same vacuum and it cost a lot less than what I spent. I wasn't going to do that I didn't correspond with them any further.

Some time later Fed Ex arrives with a carpet cleaner I never ordered. Apparently that was going to be my replacement because the next day Fed Ex arrived to pick up my vacuum cleaner. Needless to say I gave the driver back the carpet cleaner. So I still have a vacuum cleaner that is defective and can cause bodily damage to you if your not extremely careful. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen. It was the Worst Customer Service I have ever dealt with. That was the second Wind Tunnel I've purchased. I will Never buy their product again and Never recommend them. I believe that the self propelled mechanism if defective, the machine would move on its own. It has come very close to running over my feet.

Hoover author review by ConsumerAffairs

Hoover is a large manufacturing company that has been making vacuum cleaners since 1908. The American segment of the company was owned by the Whirlpool Corporation until 2006.

• Free shipping: All vacuums sold through Hoover's website include free shipping.

• Diverse designs: Hoover has a range of designs, including upright, canister and stick vacuum options.

• Affordable prices: Most Hoover vacuum cleaners cost less than 500 dollars.

• Numerous attachments: Consumers who purchase Hoover vacuums can expect numerous attachments that help them clean upholstery, vehicles and stairs.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team