Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Quit paying for costly home repairs

366 Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 11, 2019

I bought this vacuum cleaner (Windtunnel 2) based on online reviews as well as a previous Hoover purchase. This cleans ok but it is really loud, so much louder than a regular one I had before. Also, the handle is kind of flimsy and not as sturdy. With the price I paid for from the Hoover website that included shipping, it is an ok purchase.

Original review: July 11, 2019

My vacuum cleaner is a Hoover pet model for pet hair build up, bagless upright and has many needed attachments for different types of cleaning, bagless for easy disposal of contents. Also a very neat feature is the automatic winding of the power cord in the base. Pretty cool and convenient. Also lightweight for older folks like my mother.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Hoover Windtunnel with rewindable cord. All you have to do is read the Amazon reviews - they're on the mark. Powerful. Good price. Reasonably lightweight. Cord just a little too short and comes out at an annoying location. Adjustments are less than perfect. Canister separates and can be carried outside for disposal, cleaning. It sucks - I like it.

Original review: July 9, 2019

The Hoover line has been a real blessing to me. It is lightweight and easy to handle. I love the fact that I can see what and how much it is picking up. It is easy to dump the collection container, stores in a small space. So easy to use that I vacuum much more often!

Original review: June 30, 2019

I have the T-Series, bagless, upright. I have no pets, but I feel it would do a great job on pet hair. The vacuum is lightweight and the cord is long, so I can use it on my stairs. I clean the washable filters, and I make sure the dustbin never gets too full, both affect the vacuum's performance. An easy to use height adjuster is in the front, and the main hose detaches for cleaning a mattress, or just dusting other furniture. My vacuum is gray, but the T-Series, also comes in green. I'm happy with gray. Overall, I'd recommend this vacuum to others, if/when they want a recommendation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

My second purchase of the Hoover twin tank steam mop. Contacted Hoover only to spend an hour and a half troubleshooting. I was then told in order for them to replace the unit I would need to send the machine back on my own dime. It is still under manufacturers warranty and I have to pay to send it back in order for it to be replaced. That is the worst customer service I have ever experienced in all my years of purchases. Buyers beware of the Hoover warranty. Do your research. There are other brands that will do a way better job when an issue happens.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I ordered a Bagless T-Series Upright Hoover vacuum and received a very cheap Dirt Devil vacuum instead. I sent it back via UPS and never received a refund despite Hoover having received the return vacuum several weeks earlier. Their customer service reps are very rude and unprofessional. I will never order from Hoover again!

Original review: July 23, 2019

Stay away from the Hoover Infusion battery operated stick vacuum. I bought it for quick touch-ups. Every time I use it, the warning lights comes on. I have to clean my filter and empty the canister and clean around the metal ring inside the clear canister. A real pain.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Wheel wobbles and it's hard to push. To get it fixed would cost much more than the vacuum. Hoover was out of the part and so was the company they gave me that said could fix vacuums. I would never buy it again. I remember when Hoover used to be the very best you could buy. They were made out of metal also. Now everything is made of plastic and nothing lasts. Probably made in China.

Original review: July 12, 2019

It is old and it is ugly and just hasn't held up very well over the past 10 years. It still works for us because we have hardwood floors and the only carpeting is on the stairs. The good news is with 2 dogs that don't shed too much there is not much strain on the suction. Hard to find bags for it though.

Hoover expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hoover is a large manufacturing company that has been making vacuum cleaners since 1908. The American segment of the company was owned by the Whirlpool Corporation until 2006.

• Free shipping: All vacuums sold through Hoover's website include free shipping.

• Diverse designs: Hoover has a range of designs, including upright, canister and stick vacuum options.

• Affordable prices: Most Hoover vacuum cleaners cost less than 500 dollars.

• Numerous attachments: Consumers who purchase Hoover vacuums can expect numerous attachments that help them clean upholstery, vehicles and stairs.

• Best for: Hoover makes durable vacuums that homeowners, renters, landlords and drivers should find useful.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs