2. Homeowners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

3.9/5 (357 ratings)

About Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover Vacuum Cleaners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Hoover Windtunnel Rewind Pet does a marvelous job cleaning up the hair from our Labrador Retriever. It also does a wonderful job cleaning our house and garage. We use it weekly to keep our home clean and are amazed at the amount of dirt and hair it picks up and it is easy to maintain.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I am in love with this brand of vacuum. It is very dependable and has some amazing attachments. They offer so many different types of vacuum cleaners. There are never any issues with the suction and the only time I have replaced a vacuum is just to get the newer version.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Hoover in my opinion is one of the best! It does a really good job and I never had a problem with it. I do recommend this product. So if you are thinking about buying a vacuum cleaner don’t sleep on the hoover brand. It hasn’t disappointed me yet and I’ll been using one for a very long time. Yes it is worth a try.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I love the vacuum cleaner and it was only £69.99. I cannot fault it at all however my issue is with the guarantee and this happens with all products. You are entitled to a one year guarantee however by law that means anything from 3 - 5 years and I don't think people realise this. When I was putting my info on for the guarantee, it was hard sell to get me to pay an amount per month for it to cover accidental (which hardly ever happens) and anything else that goes wrong with it.

In two years time if my vacuum cleaner stops running then I will take it back to Argos who will either have to fix it or give me a new one. That is the law. I cannot stand most companies (in this instance, all companies are like this to me) breaking the law. That is what they are doing. I do know a lot of people who do not realise that they could take an item back (say a very expensive TV @ £300) after three years. That is the only downside to this. Love the vacuum cleaner and the head is smaller than I have had before so gets into more spaces. Suction brilliant and controllable. Best VC I have ever bought!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

The freshwater tank was leaking and not staying seated down and they replaced the whole unit. They paid for the postage to return it and in 2 days I had a brand new unit. The new tank is sturdier and it works great! I love how lightweight the unit is. 20-year-old carpets look fantastic! Well done Hoover standing by your product! I am pleased!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I got my vacuum cleaner in 2020. One special screw missing and all extension parts fell apart. I tried to use the warranty but they asked me for a receipt. I tried to find it but I couldn't. My colleague bought it for our company and then I replaced with my own one because it was big for our office. I asked him for receipt but he couldn't find it. I sent all other information but they refused to fix it under warranty. Such a shame and disappointing service!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

My shampooer which is less than 2 yrs old. The wheel fell off, the motor burnt up, and the brush broke. Now you're telling me I'm out of luck, no I don't still have my receipt, I know you can look up model and serial number to see, but choose not to. For that I will not spend another dime on your products. And word of mouth travels far. Thanks for nothing.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I tried to contact Hoover for the past 1.5 years regarding ordering a brushroll for my vacuum (I purchased BH53120 in 2018, and a small part on brush roll in 2019 suddenly dropped off and I couldn't find it and fix it.) They didn't reply me some of my emails in the past few months, and the emails they replied me was about out of stock and to check the availability after 30 days. Two weeks ago I called Hoover, they told me the stock will be in soon. And I contacted them again, they told me the part is discontinued and there is no alternative brushroll I can replace. They didn't offer me any solution and told me it's out of 3-year-warranty, and suggested me to buy a new unit with their discount code.

I have been contacting them for more than one year, and I have all the email records. They don't even try to help me and find the solution. All they do is to ask you to wait, and buy a new one in the end. I highly suggest not to purchase their products as you never know when they will discontinue a spare part you need, even though it's a 3-year-old product.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I switched from a Bissell to a Hoover because I heard it was a better and stronger machine. It worked wonderfully for a few months. It suddenly stopped working. I was told I could not get a refund because I picked up a vinegar spill. I will go back to a Bissell and never buy a Hoover product again. Thank you for the 200$ waste. The Bissell was 100$ and lasted me two and a half years.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

It was powerful when new, got weaker in the following months, I mean the bottom of it does not suck well. The hose can be detached and it works great. It's good enough for the price I got it for, but not the presale price.

Hoover author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hoover is a large manufacturing company that has been making vacuum cleaners since 1908. The American segment of the company was owned by the Whirlpool Corporation until 2006.

• Free shipping: All vacuums sold through Hoover's website include free shipping.

• Diverse designs: Hoover has a range of designs, including upright, canister and stick vacuum options.

• Affordable prices: Most Hoover vacuum cleaners cost less than 500 dollars.

• Numerous attachments: Consumers who purchase Hoover vacuums can expect numerous attachments that help them clean upholstery, vehicles and stairs.

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Company Information