Honeywell Heaters

Honeywell Heaters
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.18/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Honeywell Heaters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honeywell Heaters?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honeywell?

Original review: June 18, 2020

This Honeywell Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning Ducted Unit was installed in the home in 1997. It has operated without fault since then and has not needed any servicing since installation. In Wentworth Falls in the Blue Mountains Australia where we live, it can get quite cold in winter. We switch it on for about half an hour each morning to take the chill off all the rooms. Also, in summer, it is most effective in cooling the whole home as soon as it is turned on.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Very fortunate to still have a home, plug in overheated, caught fire and ruined socket , damaged wall and carpet. Still have not been able to contact manufacturer about this very unsafe oil filled space heater model HZ 709 WMT. Amazing that this has not been recalled for with so many warnings of potential fire hazard.

Get buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I bought this heater a few weeks ago to replace one I had that died after I had it for 10 years. I understand there are safety measures for a reason, I have set a blanket on fire by accident but this thing will be freezing cold and will shut off. It was in blanket in ten years ok, that other heater was the best. This one however, shuts off constantly and will not turn back on even after being cooled down. This heater has let me down more than my ex husband. Do not buy this, get a space heater like a dish or something that will set your stuff on fire. Because right now I’m freezing cold, and this dumb** space heater is blinking trying to figure its life out while I’m dying from hypothermia. Although I talk like I’m joking. I’m dead serious. This product sucks and if you want to be constantly disappointed than this is the space heater for you. Credit to Best Buy though for their amazing customer service.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I just purchase my first Honeywell space heater today. It was flawed from the very start. No matter what I did it wouldn't run over 3 minutes or so. It wouldn't come back on at all until several minutes elapsed. It totally serves no purpose except maybe a doorstop. It's being returned tomorrow. Honeywell used to be a good brand for many of their products. Not so much anymore.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I purchased heater from Target about 3 months ago. Heater has been disappointing compared to cheaper space heaters I have owned in the past. Thermostat is adjustable but isn't worth a darn. It does kick off sometimes, but nearly always kicks right back on almost immediately no matter what my external thermostat says room temp is. Now smelling a burning smell. Too late to return it to Target for full refund and do not want to exchange for the same garbage I wasted my money on in the first place!

Original review: April 8, 2018

I was using this space heater when it caught fire. It's only a year old. By the grace of God I was in this room when it happened. Flames actually shot from the heater and I was able to unplug it quickly. This product should NOT be on this market!!!

Original review: April 2, 2018

HZ-709: I came home and smelled something burning. I went into my daughter's room and found the heater putting out a burnt smell. Could have burned down my house. I took the cover off and found the safety tip over switch pins burnt up. To me that says it was a loose connection. This could have destroyed my life. Why is there no recalls on these? Shame Honeywell. I hope someone contacts me. Someone should start a class action after reading about these things catching on fire and melting. I included pictures if you have any doubt.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I like how the heater turns off when it's hot or when it falls over but the big problem is that I nearly killed myself with this heater. Why? Manufacturing flaws. Apparently the creators of this heater are so stupid they decided to let it BURN THE PLASTIC ON MY PLUG RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY CLOSET.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I purchased my Honeywell space heater about 2 years ago. I use it only in the winter months (and usually only a few days of the week during the winter season). It is kept in my house office for personal use. The other day, I had it on and noticed that there were sparks and it appeared that there was electrical problems randomly starting while the unit was running. I turned the unit off and tried to restart it after it cooled down, Same concerning electrical sparks and seemed to almost catch fire. I shut the unit off and will not use it ever again. I agree with previous reviews. I am glad I was present when I noticed anything wrong and very grateful that it did not result in a house fire or worse. My model was: Honeywell Model HZ7300-TGH. Be careful.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I purchased this heater at Walmart. I've had this heater approx. 2 years and only use it in the winter months which is about 5 weeks out of the year and we don't use it every day for that time. The other night I was watching TV with my wife and she screamed "the heater is on fire". I unplugged the heater and the plug was on fire and missing one of the prongs to the plug. Thank God we were not asleep and the house caught on fire. I'm in the process of calling Honeywell and I have been on the phone now for over 30 minutes and no answer yet.

Honeywell author review by Shawn Bayless

Honeywell is a global leader in technologically-driven solutions for homes. Among many other offerings, Honeywell innovates and manufactures several heater units for homes, offices and other small spaces. These heaters are available for purchase from select retailers nationwide.

• Options to fit your needs: Honeywell offers several types of heaters including tower, surround fan, electric radiator, cool touch and portable mini heaters. With so many options, you’re sure to find one that will heat your space comfortably.

• Information services: Honeywell offers training and installation videos, recall information, frequently asked questions, energy savings calculator and more on its website.

• Customer support: Honeywell makes it easy to get support when you have questions about your product. You can also contact a customer service representative through live chat, email or telephone.

• Smart technology: Honeywell is a leader in connectivity technology that allows users to operate their devices remotely. Several of its heaters offer easy-to-use digital controls and pre-programmable settings.

• Available at major retailers: Honeywell heaters and other products are available for purchase at most major retailers, including Home Depot, Lowe’s, Best Buy, Walmart, Target and more.

by Shawn Bayless Heating and Cooling Systems Expert

Shawn Bayless is an experienced HVAC mechanical design engineer and project manager with a unique perspective and knowledge of heating and cooling systems. He has worked for some of the top contractors in Oklahoma and is highly skilled in design layouts, project estimation and planning and construction.

Honeywell Heaters Company Information