5.00/5
Based on 6 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

6 Honeywell Generators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 31, 2018

My Generator by Honeywell was the one red in color and have bought 2 of these. I have one at my home and the other at my camper in a campground for that just in case. It sure has meet my needs and loved how it was ready to go for our disaster. All I did was add fuel and there it was ready. It seem like it was fuel sufficient as it did not use much fuel. I would buy this one over and over. Highly recommended.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Since the Honeywell Generator was easy to hook up and start using, that is a major plus for anyone wanting to own this brand. Everyone should try to own one, When the power goes out, it is really handy to try and keep a few electronics powered for emergency uses like cell phones and such. How many appliances it was able to power up was more than I expected and the appliances were able to function at a normal rate as if it had full power coming to it. But the main thing I would like to see improved on and was the issue with other generators that I had owned, was that the noise level was way too high. Although this one isn't as loud as others, but it's still loud enough to be a bother when trying to sleep or talking to anyone without having to go elsewhere to avoid the noise. But still the positives outweigh the negatives.

Get expert buying tips about Generators delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: May 24, 2018

A snow storm struck one day and it caused the entire neighborhood to lose power. Some people had a power generator and I was one of them. It had temporary power for now. Honeywell Generators are the best brand for when there is a power outage during a storm. Or when there is a national emergency declared in effect. Or when there is a zombie apocalypse.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Honeywell makes excellent products. This generator is great for using at home when the power is out, or for when the family goes camping. We use it to power lights, cooking stations, etc. But I would make it able to power bigger appliances/electronics. Other than that, we have had nothing but positive experiences with this generator so far. Every time my family and I go camping, it helps light the area, cook our food, and keeps us safe. I would highly recommend.

Original review: May 18, 2018

The Honeywell generator is a good quality one and I like all the features it came with. I like that it had a push button on type of switch which was easier to start than using the pull cord type which saves on my poor arms trying to start it. :) It's safe and reliable, and has wheels so it's easy to move around. It is nicely made and has been a big help to me so far. I have been very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honeywell Generators?

Original review: May 17, 2018

Honeywell is a good and reliable brand. In the event of a power outage, it can be used to light your home or keep it warm or cool as the season dictates. You can also use it to keep your refrigerator and freezer running so your food doesn't spoil. If your home has a sump pump you can use the generator to keep it running to avoid flooding which could ruin your home. This brand is excellent and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a generator.

Honeywell Generators expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Honeywell manufactures consumer products like thermostats, sensors, security alarms and dehumidifiers. It also designs and makes a line of backup power generators for home, commercial and recreational use. Honeywell’s generators run on natural gas, diesel or propane and can be a single- or three-phase model depending on the size of your property.

• Home backup generators: Honeywell manufactures over 25 models of home backup generators that range in output from 7,000-150,000 watts. They hook straight into your home’s fuel source so there’s no need for refueling, and they come with a premium two- to five-year limited warranty. Honeywell provides an online calculator and a free, in-home assessment to help you decide which generator is the right size for your property.

• Commercial generators: Honeywell’s line of commercial backup power generators includes 15 models ranging in output from 15,000-130,000 watts. Each model comes with a two-year limited warranty, an external viewing window and RhinoCoat aluminum casing to protect against all types of weather. Honeywell’s commercial models include a feature called WhisperCheck, which runs a weekly self-test at a low RPM to make sure it is in working order.

• Portable generators: Honeywell offers eight models of inverter and conventional portable backup generators with output ranging from 1,400-7,500 watts. Each model comes with a two- to three-year limited warranty, push-button electric start and a low-oil shutdown feature that protects against engine damage due to low oil levels.

• Mobile Link: Mobile Link is a cellular remote monitoring device and app that lets you receive and share information about your generator system from any mobile device. Most home and commercial generator models come with this device, which uses cellular networks to send data as opposed to Ethernet connections like some generator models.

• Transfer switches: Automatic transfer switches monitor your home’s utility power and automatically kick on within seconds of an outage. Choosing the right transfer switch depends on what items you want to supply power to. Honeywell will help you determine which transfer switch is appropriate for your home based on your power load.

• Best for: consumers needing a backup power source for their home, business or RV.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs