Honda Generators

Compare Generators

Research top Generators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I bought this brand of Honda because it was on sale, I really needed one, and it comes highly recommended from various on and offline sources, such as Consumer Reports, and I know a friend of mine that has this very same unit and he loves it. I really needed something portable, so I decided to go with this smaller, lighter generator. I can not only use it for work, I can take it camping and use it in my garage at home. It also has an Eco Throttle that runs the engine at the proper speed to match the drag on the unit. This generator weighs around 50 pounds and comes with a 12 volt outlet that works great for charging batteries. All in all, I am very happy with this generator, but sometimes I wish it has slightly more power to do different tasks.

We had one too many power outages and want a generator to take up to the cabin. One of the many pieces of equipment we haul every year. Gives us the peace of mind we wanted. That is a very good brand we like and we saw one at the sports show we liked in the price we could afford and we decide to go ahead and buy one. We put it on hold and came back later. It was a nice smaller unit that was easy to move around. It's pretty quiet and simple to run and gas prices are not too bad.

Honda is a very reliable brand and company. The good thing about my generator is that it can have power for up to 8 hours. It is very durable and enduring and there aren't many generators that can be as efficacious as this generator brand, but I wish it would be able to last longer. There are many companies that can have power for up to 24 hours which is wonderful.

I was in the market looking for a new generator and after a great deal of research I came across the brand that I have and it works smooth. I looked at Home Depot Lowe's and finally got the one I needed at Lowe's for a great price. I like that it has full horsepower and it runs a long time after you cut it on. The functions are easy to use. It also was automatic start and stop. I love it well. Good idea for a generator. I like all the things it has to offer. You can't go wrong with the brand. It is a high quality top brand. So if you are looking to purchase one this is the brand to go for.

I selected this brand because I trust the Honda brand. The process of purchasing was easy and I bought mine from Home Depot which has a great selection and good price. It far exceeded my expectation and I would purchase Honda at Home Depot again. I like that the Honda generator is quiet, gasoline powered, has an oil alert and it is affordable. It also work well. I am happy with the Honda generator that I purchased and would likely purchase it again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Generators?

I did some research online to find which stores had the best deals on generators. Once I found the best deal, I checked for availability, then I went to the store to purchase. It's not too loud and runs long enough for what I need it to do. It's also light enough that I can easily move it around and take it with me wherever I go. It works fine, but it would be better if it would come with a rechargeable battery for use when I need to be quieter outside.

It has a solar power feature that lets you charge it. It also has a high power storage that lets it be used for a long period of time when the power goes out. It meets my expectations because I want it to last a long time when I am out of power wherever I am. I wish it were smaller because it takes up too much space when I try to store it where I store it.

It was on sale during a seasonal clearance, prices were deeply discounted and there was yet a further cash discount. We bought the last one available at this particular retailer and it was the floor model. It's reliable and starts on the very first try each and every time. It has pretty decent fuel consumption/economy, and when running at the loaded RPM's, the noise is really not too intrusive. I'd recommend it.

I purchased the generator at Home Depot after doing my research online and deciding exactly what size I needed and the reviews of the brands of generators. Honda was rated high and they had an extremely portable, lightweight generator that fit my price. This makes it easy to bring camping or tailgating. The efficiency of the generator is also a big positive and I never have to worry about it dying on me too early. It has exceeded my expectation for it in terms of weight, efficiency and the fact that it does not seem to be wearing down as fast as I expected. However, the power of the generator is lacking a little bit because it is smaller and more portable. There are some times when you have to pick and choose which items you need to supply with electricity. So if the output of the generator could be increased, while still keeping the same portability, that would be fantastic.

I was able to use the generator for longer, with less fuel, which put more money in my pocket. Sometimes I take the generator with me if I know I'm going to need it. Though, I would rather a less bright colored generator because I have had incidents where people have stolen my gas out of it. Other than that, my process of purchasing my Honda generator was incredibly easy. All I did was ask the worker, told him what I needed and he took me to the correct generator I needed.

It's a Honda generator that's quiet, easy handling and start and provides all the needs for me on my camping trips or job sites. I take it everywhere and can store it anywhere. It's compact and one pull start is nice. It's light duty but handles all of the things I need it for. Honda is known for its quality and my friends and family recommended it. It's a great piece of equipment and would recommend to anyone.

I selected the Honda Generator after doing research on several brands comparing things like what I am going to use it for, price, total output, consumer reviews, warranty, expert reviews and decided that the Honda best suited my needs. The Honda Generators are easy to start, reasonably priced, easy to maintain, produce plenty of power for the average to slightly above average consumer uses and fairly easy to transport. There are only a few thing that could be improved, like a more fuel efficient engine, and a larger fuel cell for longer running times in emergency situations.

I had seen a few YouTube videos of people using this generator, then I went online and did some research to see what the best generator were, and then I did some price shopping online to find the best deal. I have been very pleased and satisfied with my generator, it does everything it said it would do. It works just fine. I like that it is very lightweight and portable. It is also very reliable, durable, quiet and very conservative on the amount of gas it uses to run all day.

I own 5 troweling machines with Honda motor, Honda lawn mower and have been very happy with all of them. The Honda generator is very dependable. I do concrete work on every different types of job sites and in all types of weather conditions but it starts on the 1st pull every time and runs until it runs out of gas. I have had it about 8 years and only changed the spark plug once. I change the oil and air filter every winter but that's it. Although a larger gas tank and protection for the gas tank would be nice. I have 4-6 people working depending on the job we are working on, and I have had to tell them not to use the generator as a step. The top of the tank has been pushed in a little from this. That shouldn't be necessary but sometimes, concrete guys leave their common sense at home. Other than that, I'm very happy with it.

It is a good generator, one of the cheapest and one of the best that I bought. At times I love it. I bought it by Amazon and the purchasing process was very simple, just buy it and wait until it came to the door of my house.

I have been looking for quite some time for an emergency type of power supply due to inclement weather or storms in general to supplement usage needs in time of need. Size and noise levels are always in consideration in addition to draw requirements. Since I have held off this purchase I have found my minimum needs have changed over time where a larger unit type is needed around the house and especially with my RV. I like very much the Honda brand, specifically, due to the motors and little to no maintenance. Honda provides by far an extensive product category and lists of what they have to offer from low end or demand to intermediate for nominal use with RVs or a portion of the houses requirements as well as larger demand requirements and or drawls such as the majority of household electrical needs like HVAC and oven in addition to small drain like hairdryers, power equipment.

However, I definitely would like to see multiple plug in type outlets from 110 and 220 volt than just one or two to service small to high end generator users that might be necessary both short term and temporary. I do like the scope of the generators from a footprint or size in general both from handling to placement with considerations provided for exhaust and noise.

Honda is a steadfast company. I saw their generator on sale in an ad and went and looked at in store, 2 different times during that sale. I couldn't pass up the offer. It was on the second trip I bought it. I put it on my credit card so I could pay it off little by little and had it paid off within 4 months of purchasing. You couldn't beat what the little generator can do. It has a sturdy structure, add-ons available and other hook up, plug-ins to charge things, a built in flashlight, different colors to choose from and easy instructions. It's also good on gas and waterproof.

On the other hand, it's really heavy, too noisy, not compact enough and tends to move around if you don't weigh it down or hook it to the ground. It also doesn't fit in most small spaces and the add-ons are a little pricey and confusing as to why they are needed. It needs a longer power cord and extensions are not available. It also needs to come in different sizes instead of just one MHz and hertz. It's only a 5 year warranty but wish it was a little longer since it's a Honda.

I compared this to other brands and I came down to a few issues. The first one is that Honda is a well known company for cars so I anticipated their generators being quality also. I relied on reviews of many people. The type that buy generators take them very seriously and they were an immense help in picking this out. This generator is as small and lightweight as they come and yet still delivers enough power when I don't have electricity near me. It has save me plenty of times from having to turn on the car engine. The output is more than enough for outdoor recreation use. However, they should make it a bit easier to drain the carburetor since this must be emptied when put back into storage. Everything is a bit scattered on the unit too. It would be easier to centralize more of the controls to make operations easy.

I was looking for a generator for the camping season, and went to the store without any actual brands in mind. The reason I bought this one is because of the price and it was perfect for what I needed to use it for. I got this generator brand for less than the other brands. I have heard that the Honda brand is good for this type of equipment, so I was not hesitant about purchasing this for my personal use. It works for the purposes that my husband and I got it for. On the off season it is perfect for home use. Living in New England we get a lot of snow so power outages are not uncommon and this is handy.

Have used Honda generators in the past and have come to rely on Honda's dependability and always return to this particular brand. Honda has always had enough power. The Honda generator purchased is a 7000 model. It was purchased to be plugged into our home's electrical system, so that we may be able to use lights, refrigerator and other household items. The purpose of this Honda generator is for power interruptions due to hurricanes and storms, and it's very reliable and has started easily with every use. We have always used non-ethanol fuel to prevent clogging of the carburetor, which aids in better starting. This generator has a a power start button, an energy-saving button, multiple outlets for different types of power cords and extension cords and a fold down handle for easy storage. It suits our household well for the purpose that it was meant for and has met all of our expectations.

I saw the Honda generator in the Home Depot and it looked like a great deal and price at that moment in time. It came with a great warranty as well. Nice looking color and the unit is quiet and compact and it starts easily and runs when and where it should when needed. It also runs clean and a very long time on one tank of gas. I love that it has wheels to roll it around with, makes it easier to put it up and get it out when I need to use it for when the power is out. It's powerful, keeps my lights on when the power goes out from very bad weather. Great price and warranty and easy to get parts for if needed as well. But I could use a bigger gas tank on it and some better burn guards around the muffler unit itself.

The Honda generator was on sale. We looked at a few of them, and this seemed the best value for the money at Lowe's Center. We have a credit card for the place so got an additional 5 percent discount which is great on such a big purchase. I like that when my power goes out, I am confident that I will have heat. And the generator is gas powered and starts right up the first time. The maintenance is easy on it as well. However, I wish it were not sooo Loud. It really makes a ton of noise, it really is insane. It is clunky and hard to get from the shed to the front where we need it to "plug" it into the house when in use. Also we need to cover it if there is a huge amount of moisture coming down.

I selected Honda because I have owned their generators in the past and never had any issues with them. It exceeded my expectations. It is easy to setup, easy to refuel, and easy to maintain. It's very quiet and has good fuel efficiency. I like how light it is and I also love that the color matches my camper. The only problem I have had with it is oil leaks. I would also like if they made a box for it to sit in when its running so it doesn't annoy other people on the campsite. I would also make it easier to disassemble and clean. Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend this to anyone. I love Honda generators and always will.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Honda is known for its design and manufacturing of large and small vehicles and power equipment. Additionally, it makes a line of portable, inverter generators for home, work and recreational use that can power anything from common household appliances to industrial motors. All generator models designed by Honda are made to be used with regular unleaded gasoline. For a safe and easy-to-use experience, Honda recommends installing a transfer switch before using its generators.

• Portable-power generators: Honda’s portable-power generators offer homeowners a backup power source to keep common household appliances running in the event of a power outage. You can choose from over 20 models ranging in power output from around 2,000-7,000 watts and run-times ranging from approximately eight hours per gallon of gas to over 20 hours for every 3 gallons of gas.
  • HP2S: HP2S is Honda’s universal transfer switch that can be installed by an electrician to work with any Honda generator. It works by automatically switching to an installed battery upon a loss of power, to provide power while you start your generator. Once you move your generator outside and start it up, you plug it into the universal transfer switch (HP2S). Once your power comes back on, the HP2S will automatically switch back to utility power.
  • Power management: Honda helps you calculate how much power you will need from a generator for home, recreational or industrial needs. You can check their website for a detailed explanation for each category. A typical small home will need around 3,000-5,000 watts with larger homes needing around 5,000-6,500 watts. Campers, tailgaters and boaters will need around 1,000-2,000 watts of power to handle their needs.
  • Industrial generators: Honda helps you decide which generator is right for your industrial needs by asking how many tools you will be powering at one time. A single tool will require around 2,000 watts (120-volt tool), two tools will need around 3,000-4,000 watts (120-volt tools) and multiple tools need 4,000 plus watts depending on the voltage of the power tools.
  • Pricing: Honda lists the pricing for all generator models online. Prices vary depending on multiple factors like wattage and engine type, but generators range from $949.95-$5,399.05 MSRP.
  • Best for consumers needing a portable generator for home and recreational use.

Compare Generators